PDA

View Full Version : Is Saban really any better than Wanny???

DirkDiggler
09-25-2006, 06:22 PM
Really can anyone think of any tangible Change that Nick Saban has made to make us any more competitive now then we were before? And dont go off on a name calling jag as some of you usually do. Start naming some tangible differences that have shown signifigant improvement.

Phinlivin'in703
09-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Blasfimy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

endorphin
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Really can anyone think of any tangible Change that Nick Saban has made to make us any more competitive now then we were before? And dont go off on a name calling jag as some of you usually do. Start naming some tangible differences that have shown signifigant improvement.

You MUST just be looking for attention...

Rocky Raccoon
09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
I think it's a little too early to tell. I mean I believe we were heading in the right direction as of last year. Keep in mind, I never had a problem with Wanny really. I agree he was a little soft but we were 11-5, 10-6, 9-7, and 10-6 in his four full seasons. But I do believe the players buy into what Saban is trying to do more and it will mean more success in the long run. It just seems like Saban craves success more, and it will show.

Rich22
09-25-2006, 06:26 PM
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

One for each year of Wanny!!

Desides
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM

Haven't you been banned yet? It's completely obvious at this point that you're just trolling.

Anyone who seriously contends that Dave Wannstedt is a better coach than Nick Saban needs a reality check.

icephinfan
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

One for each year of Wanny!!

:lol:

ffphin
09-25-2006, 06:31 PM
why Would Someone Post This????? Wwwwwwhhhhhhyyyyyy????

Dolfan32323
09-25-2006, 06:32 PM
Hopefully Saban can keep the respect of the players by means other than fear tactics.

DirkDiggler
09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah Desides I am trolling for an intelligent conversation about the topic at hand! Can you add to it or not?

The Aqua Crush
09-25-2006, 06:34 PM
gonna get ripped apart in 3...2...1

Saban has tried to make this team competative and your comparing him to Wanny who was spineless? Give your head a shake....are you thinking htis because he missed the playoffs by one game last year in his first year?

endorphin
09-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Yeah Desides I am trolling for an intelligent conversation about the topic at hand! Can you add to it or not?

If you want an intelligent conversation, post an intelligent thread.

CubanCulebra
09-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Haven't you been banned yet? It's completely obvious at this point that you're just trolling.

Anyone who seriously contends that Dave Wannstedt is a better coach than Nick Saban needs a reality check.

YOU need a reality check. Dave Wannstedt(as much as I hate the shmuck) had four winning seasons with Miami. Nick Saban(as much as I adore the *******) has had only one. So YOU wake up buddy. The poster makes an interesting point. To me, Wann's biggest problem was not having the balls to do his job. Not having the balls to bench Fiedler or Feely or who ever it was suppose to be when the time came. When the change would finally be made, it was already too late. Now, certainly this year, we are going to see if Nick Saban has any balls because the staus quo is not only not working, it's dismally scary.

DirkDiggler
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
No I want you think for a minute. Think of all the players that were available this off season and yes including Brees. All summer long all I saw was posts about "All hail Saban" He is our saviour. Well this feels a heck of a lot like Wanny again. And not to mention His psychobabble press conferences. I want to hear a coach tell it like it is. Like Parcells dose. Someone to say, Heck yeah we played like crap today! Isnt a team supposed to be a representation of the head coach? Built in his image? Yeah it's soon but these guys dont look like they are buying into his philosophy.

ffphin
09-25-2006, 06:41 PM
Yeah Desides I am trolling for an intelligent conversation about the topic at hand! Can you add to it or not?I'm sorry dude but it is hard to have an intelligent conversation when you start it with that comment!!

CubanCulebra
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
No I want you think for a minute. Think of all the players that were available this off season and yes including Brees. All summer long all I saw was posts about "All hail Saban" He is our saviour. Well this feels a heck of a lot like Wanny again. And not to mention His psychobabble press conferences. I want to hear a coach tell it like it is. Like Parcells dose. Someone to say, Heck yeah we played like crap today! Isnt a team supposed to be a representation of the head coach? Built in his image? Yeah it's soon but these guys dont look like they are buying into his philosophy.

Amen brother! Amen.

DirkDiggler
09-25-2006, 06:43 PM
fphin you still have yet to say "anything" other then complain about the thread! Put your money where your mouth is. Give me some bullet points! Show me the error of my ways. Go ahead!

mdphinfan
09-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Wanny would have ran the ball 3 times and then punt on our last drive!!!!
Saban instead went for the first down and iced the game without putting the defense back on the feild or giving pacman a chance to break one.
Does anyone think before they talk. Its hard to believe noone has mentioned how great it was to win by taking 3 straight knees!!!!!!!!! I for one who come to the games from MD and enjoyed watching pacman almost loose it when we took a knee and there was no hope left for the titans

BizarroAndres
09-25-2006, 06:45 PM
YOU need a reality check. Dave Wannstedt(as much as I hate the shmuck) had four winning seasons with Miami. Nick Saban(as much as I adore the *******) has had only one. So YOU wake up buddy. The poster makes an interesting point. To me, Wann's biggest problem was not having the balls to do his job. Not having the balls to bench Fiedler or Feely or who ever it was suppose to be when the time came. When the change would finally be made, it was already too late. Now, certainly this year, we are going to see if Nick Saban has any balls because the staus quo is not only not working, it's dismally scary.

1 winning season out of one season is pretty good (and the most possible)

byroan
09-25-2006, 06:47 PM
1 winning season out of one season is pretty good (and the most possible)

But apparently he's suppose to have 5 winning seasons by now. :rolleyes2

ffphin
09-25-2006, 06:47 PM
fphin you still have yet to say "anything" other then complain about the thread! Put your money where your mouth is. Give me some bullet points! Show me the error of my ways. Go ahead!I love you all!! I just don't see anything that Nick does that would remind me of.... well you know who. I mean no disreaspect or anything but it is hard to take a thread seriously when it starts off like that. I think he is a good coach and will only get better with time.

kasaba13
09-25-2006, 06:56 PM

Yes Dave, he is. Now go back to preparing Pitt for their next game.

Desides
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM

I can't believe what I'm reading here. You're actually promoting Dave Wannstedt. Are you insane? Wannstedt is walking proof that there's more to the quality of a coach than a win-loss record. Maybe you've forgotten, but Wannstedt's drafts rotted this team from the inside, his game management was a joke at best, and the only reason he got the job in the first place was on the recommendation of his best friend, Jimmy Johnson--who was pulling a quitter act after losing a playoff game.

You haven't said anything that remotely resembles the reality of the situation the Miami Dolphins and Nick Saban find themselves in.

Except there's nothing remotely intelligent about seriously postulating that Dave Wannstedt is a better coach than Nick Saban.

TotoreMexico
09-27-2006, 08:22 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/negative4-1.jpg