PDA

View Full Version : guys that dude from ohio state looks good

mdphinfan
09-27-2006, 09:54 PM
mabe we can get him

The Ghost
09-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Troy Smith is the best player in the nation.....by far!! At any position, for that matter. He knows what it takes to play the position, and it doesn't hurt that he's blessed with a wealth of talent.

I'd love Troy Smith in Miami!!!!!!!!!

Just Win Baby
09-27-2006, 09:59 PM
mabe we can get him hell ya he's way better than that other guy from that other school :rolleyes:

nokedolfan
09-27-2006, 10:09 PM
Yea, so lets just lose the rest of the games to get him.

Spicy Henne
09-27-2006, 10:10 PM
mabe we can get him

ha ha there's lots of guys on Ohio State that look good
that's why they're Ohio State

aj13
09-27-2006, 10:18 PM
i like troy smith dont get me wrong...but true scouts have said that not only is drew stanton a better runner than smith, hes a better passer than quinn...the only knock against stanton has been his melt downs in crucial games...but i SERIOUSLY put the blame that on MSU coaching staff...if i have one pick for a qb this april and im in the top 10, i take stanton...

spydertl79
09-27-2006, 10:20 PM
He's not an NFL style Quarterback just yet. He's got a great arm but I'd like to see him improve his field vision. He doesn't get through his progressions as quickly as an NFL quarterback should. I'm not saying he doesn't make good decisions, he has the ability to instantly recognize when to run or where to pass but he just doesn't get to his third check down guy quick enough IMO. He has a few mechanical flaws but those can be easily fixed without effecting his throwing ability.

You were talking about Smith right? Not Ginn Jr. or someone else? Try to be a little more specific, especially in starting a new thread.

spydertl79
09-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Edit feature is broken, I meant to say he isn't an NFL style QB yet, but he may be able to be coached into one.

phin-fan34MDH
09-27-2006, 10:22 PM
A bust waiting to happen.

OurHeartAndSoul
09-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Ted Ginn baby!

_dan24
09-27-2006, 10:36 PM
mabe we can get him

Who Kirk Barton? Hell yeah! Best tackle in the nation!

Perfect23
09-27-2006, 10:39 PM

:lol:

aj13
09-27-2006, 10:43 PM
kirk barton- i dont know i watched the alabama game this weekend and i saw a freshman left tackle, who was just pancaking people......AS A TRUE FRESHMAN...this kid will go as one of the best this year...imagine him by his junior year??? insane...

Luvyella
09-27-2006, 11:09 PM
I personally like the LB, Laurinitas I believe. I never did pay much attention to OSU until I started watching him. He's gonna have a monster season. I used to be a big fan of his fathers when I was a kid

KingCrowder
09-27-2006, 11:16 PM
mabe we can get him

Yeah that dude does look good. way better than that other guy. but i personally hope we get that one player.

MarinoFan4Life
09-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I salivate when Fin Fans talk OSU football!!! WOOOO GO BUCKS!

djfresh47
09-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Troy Smith is the best player in the nation.....by far!! At any position, for that matter. He knows what it takes to play the position, and it doesn't hurt that he's blessed with a wealth of talent.

You take Troy Smith i'd take Jarrett, Calvin Johnson, Brian Brohm, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Paul Posluszny, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Joe Thomas just to name a few.

QrtBck13
09-28-2006, 12:46 AM

I beg to differ the best player in the nation be far the past two weeks is Mario Manningham!!!1 WR Michingan now i would love to see us get him in the draft!!

_dan24
09-28-2006, 12:58 AM
:lol:
Have you seen him play? I'm assuming you have since you are from Ohio... I'm confused on why you would laugh..

I'm actually a personal friend of his. We talk here and there.. He was OSU's highest graded OL last year.. I havnt asked him how he is grading thisyear, but i'm assuming he is rocking it. Troy does not get touched. That line is gold.

Alex44
09-28-2006, 01:01 AM
I beg to differ the best player in the nation be far the past two weeks is Mario Manningham!!!1 WR Michingan now i would love to see us get him in the draft!!

Best player in the Nation is Calvin Johnson. Hands Down

Then Adrian Peterson, then maybe Troy Smith

QrtBck13
09-28-2006, 01:08 AM
Best player in the Nation is Calvin Johnson. Hands Down

Then Adrian Peterson, then maybe Troy Smith
dude three TD's vs ND no way taht kid is absoluty electic!!!!!
Johnson is amazing but he didnt have 3 TD's on ND and troy smith is the best QB but the best player this year so far is manningham!!

Alex44
09-28-2006, 01:10 AM
dude three TD's vs ND no way taht kid is absoluty electic!!!!!
Johnson is amazing but he didnt have 3 TD's on ND and troy smith is the best QB but the best player this year so far is manningham!!

The problem with Calvin isnt his skill, Think Larry Fitzgerald with speed, the problem is Reggie Ball is a terrible QB and they dont throw his way often enogh even though he makes EVERY catch

Calvin Johnson will be a top 3 pick in the draft, along with who? Troy Smith and Adrian Peterson

3 best players in the country hands down

QrtBck13
09-28-2006, 01:42 AM
The problem with Calvin isnt his skill, Think Larry Fitzgerald with speed, the problem is Reggie Ball is a terrible QB and they dont throw his way often enogh even though he makes EVERY catch

Calvin Johnson will be a top 3 pick in the draft, along with who? Troy Smith and Adrian Peterson

I agree!! but who i think the best player this year so far is MM......Henne is not that great of a QB>>>>, but yes they will prob be the first 3 picks......remeber bush was supposed to be #1!!

CrazyCarl
09-28-2006, 02:15 AM
theres no way that Troy Smith is the first QB taken

oldfinfan
09-28-2006, 08:17 AM
mabe we can get him

Man, some of you guys a frigging unreal...the season is 3 games old and you are already looking at next year's draft

I remember similar posts last year about Omar Jacobs...where is he now ?

Do you just want to post anything just for the sake of posting it ?

:shakeno:

Majpain
09-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I personally like the LB, Laurinitas I believe. I never did pay much attention to OSU until I started watching him. He's gonna have a monster season. I used to be a big fan of his fathers when I was a kid

I think we need to draft him. He is very underated. Also his dad was the Animal from the Road Warriors on good ol WWF days.

Motion
09-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Totally!

Far out!

Motion
09-28-2006, 09:31 AM

I think Calvin Johnson would have something to say about that.

Motion
09-28-2006, 09:33 AM
You take Troy Smith i'd take Jarrett, Calvin Johnson, Brian Brohm, Brady Quinn, Adrian Peterson, Paul Posluszny, LaRon Landry, Gaines Adams, Joe Thomas just to name a few.

:yeahthat:

MarinoForPres
09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
calvin johnson would give him a run for his money but smith is nasty!

Adam First
09-28-2006, 10:17 AM
He's a quarterback...do we need one?

No.

Besides, Brady Quinn & Drew Stanton (Michigan State alum, Saban will look hard at him) > Troy Smith in terms of QBs.

Stitches
09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
I think we need to draft him. He is very underated. Also his dad was the Animal from the Road Warriors on good ol WWF days.

Draft him when? In 2008? Because I'm pretty sure he is a sophomore. And I don't think he is underrated at all, he's just playing for a team that expects great LB play.

Blade
09-28-2006, 10:49 AM
Draft him when? In 2008? Because I'm pretty sure he is a sophomore. And I don't think he is underrated at all, he's just playing for a team that expects great LB play.

Yea he is only a sophomore but he will be awesome in a few years and probably a top 5 pick if no injuries occur. Go Little Animal!!!

saves
09-28-2006, 11:14 AM
He's not an NFL style Quarterback just yet. He's got a great arm but I'd like to see him improve his field vision. He doesn't get through his progressions as quickly as an NFL quarterback should. I'm not saying he doesn't make good decisions, he has the ability to instantly recognize when to run or where to pass but he just doesn't get to his third check down guy quick enough IMO. He has a few mechanical flaws but those can be easily fixed without effecting his throwing ability.

You were talking about Smith right? Not Ginn Jr. or someone else? Try to be a little more specific, especially in starting a new thread.

Where do you get any of this from? He makes fine reads and gets the ball to the open man, regardless of who that may be. He really takes advantage of the deep receiving corps that the Bucks have. His mechanics are also very solid for a quarterback at his stage of development. He holds the ball high and secure and rarely throws without setting his feet. If anything this year he is a little tentative to run, which is a big change from last year. I don't know where you got any of that analysis from, but it's wrong.

SackArtist
09-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah that dude does look good. way better than that other guy. but i personally hope we get that one player.

:lol: Yea me too, he is awesome!!! maybe we can draft him and that other dude. better yet, why dont we get the other, other dude too!!

djfresh47
09-28-2006, 07:21 PM

Troy Smith is listed at 6'1, 215 I really doubt a team in the top 3 is going to use a pick on him. Troy Smith is a good College player but I don't know how well he translates to the NFL. Very short considering NFL standards.

KingCrowder
09-28-2006, 08:38 PM
:lol: Yea me too, he is awesome!!! maybe we can draft him and that other dude. better yet, why dont we get the other, other dude too!!

yeah i forgot about that other dude. the one who plays for that college he is fricken awsome

Majpain
09-28-2006, 09:18 PM

I dont care when just bring him here :tantrum: :lol:

XXXSURTAINXXX
09-12-2008, 08:37 AM

well Dan2434 we finally got the best OT in the nation. RIP Buddy.

BobDole
09-12-2008, 04:26 PM
well Dan2434 we finally got the best OT in the nation. RIP Buddy.

i was gonna make fun of you for losing all your credits mere days after you were looking down your nose at me for not having 30,000 - then you have to go and do something respectable like this. *******.

knowshon hurdling that dude was pretty sick last week. surprised that didn't get shown a billion times.

are you still thinking we're gonna be dawg food or have you accepted the reality of being gator bait?

RIP dan. almost lost my life about the same time. nothing short of a miracle that i survived. left the hospital missing some parts, but i'm still here. glad to see your boy in a fins uni.

Nappy Roots
09-12-2008, 05:20 PM
what? that was the dan that passed on? that sucks man. i always will remember his avy, i thought about it the other day wondering what happend to the avy. seemed good guy and good poster. damn, RIP.

XXXSURTAINXXX
09-15-2008, 08:29 AM
i was gonna make fun of you for losing all your credits mere days after you were looking down your nose at me for not having 30,000 - then you have to go and do something respectable like this. *******.

knowshon hurdling that dude was pretty sick last week. surprised that didn't get shown a billion times.

are you still thinking we're gonna be dawg food or have you accepted the reality of being gator bait?

RIP dan. almost lost my life about the same time. nothing short of a miracle that i survived. left the hospital missing some parts, but i'm still here. glad to see your boy in a fins uni.

Yeah man we looked pretty weak againt SC. Too many guys out. But I still got a lil faith