PDA

View Full Version : Site Unavailability | Sluggishness

Muck
09-27-2006, 11:24 PM
Just wanted to address the performance situation with you guys a bit.

In the past couple of weeks, as I'm sure you've all seen and experienced, FinHeaven hasn't been as fast, reliable or available as you've grown accustomed to. Believe me, nobody is as annoyed as we are when things like that go on. We take it personally.

We just wanted to let you all know that we're well aware of it, and we're working on it. And we won't stop until everything is ironed out. The good thing is, we know all of what is causing our problems. And a lot of things have already been solved.

So just hang tight. We'll have things rockin' and rollin' again before you know it. :)

Thank you for your patience.

NJFINSFAN1
09-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Thanks Muck, I know you guys put a ton of free time into this!!!

Again, thanks!

larfo2224
09-27-2006, 11:33 PM
Thanks and I just want to echo the comment above that we all appreciate what you all do for the site. I will state that I was going through DT's today when the site was down. And just so you know, yelling at your therapist over the phone about the problem will not work (just kidding).

WPBtoRNOFinFan
09-27-2006, 11:58 PM
Thanks for staying on top of things guys! It's much appreciated

Agent Mulder
09-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I couldnt get into Finheaven most of Sunday. Hopefully you guys can work this thing out!!

Roman529
09-28-2006, 12:27 AM
I couldn't log on all day long...I am still shaking from the trauma. I even thought maybe Finheaven was spelt PHinheaven. :lol:

Glad it is back up. :tongue:

phinmania
09-28-2006, 12:35 AM
glad its back up,thanks for the info:dolphins::dolphins::dolphins:

pwn3dyo
09-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Thanks for doing your best Muck, and all of the finheaven staff. :dolphins:

wpgfishfan
09-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed.

As frustrated as most of us become it is nice to hear from you guys that you are trying to get to the bottom of it.

DirkDiggler
09-28-2006, 12:42 AM
I just sat and looked at the screen and made Motor Boat noises with my mouth! ............ it was an O.K. time i guess.

PHINATIC13
09-28-2006, 12:46 AM
Yes it can be frustrating at times,but I think we all understand the staff is doing their best to remedy the problem(s).Thank you all.

DolfinDave
09-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Thanks guys. We appreciate the work you put into this site.

adamprez2003
09-28-2006, 01:50 AM
thx for the update. I dont even bother posing questions cause i know you guys are on top of it. I just figure youre getting to popular for your own good:evil:

aesthetic
09-28-2006, 02:01 AM
it's amazing just how much finheaven is a given. this is probably a good chance to not only thank you guys for solving the immediate problems but, as well, all of the other time you spend keeping this site running oh so smooth..

njfinfan
09-28-2006, 03:07 AM
I just sat and looked at the screen and made Motor Boat noises with my mouth! ............ it was an O.K. time i guess.

:sidelol:

SarahAnn
09-28-2006, 06:01 AM
:sidelol:
shucks, you beat me too it.

njfinfan
09-28-2006, 06:03 AM
shucks, you beat me too it.

how funny is that to imagine. I only laughed because when finheaven is down, I do the same thing (well, without the motor boat sounds). Refresh, refresh, refresh! :D

SarahAnn
09-28-2006, 06:05 AM
how funny is that to imagine. I only laughed because when finheaven is down, I do the same thing (well, without the motor boat sounds). Refresh, refresh, refresh! :D

I usually check the Washington Capitals forums when they were down, though they were done last week also so I had 2 browsers open doing nothing but F5.

njfinfan
09-28-2006, 06:10 AM
I usually check the Washington Capitals forums when they were down, though they were done last week also so I had 2 browsers open doing nothing but F5.

:yes:

:njfin:

PhinishLine
09-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Bench FinHeaven!!! Put in Harrington!!!

JOEY! JOEY! JOEY!!!

Just a joke. Please dont ban me. :(

cnc66
09-28-2006, 06:21 AM
I'll give ya a dollar if you ban this guy ^^^^ :goof:

inFINSible
09-28-2006, 06:32 AM
Make it two fiddy and you got a deal....

ItsOurTime32
09-28-2006, 06:41 AM
haha thanks for that some other sites have been slow and i was ready to buy a new rouder and see if that was the problem just oozes the soul knowing my rouder isn't all the problem

Phinz4Life
09-28-2006, 06:44 AM
Finheaven: Our Crack.

Can't live without it.

PhinishLine
09-28-2006, 06:45 AM
haha thanks for that some other sites have been slow and i was ready to buy a new rouder and see if that was the problem just oozes the soul knowing my rouder isn't all the problem

You should try buying a router too! You combine the two...ur connection will prolly be smokin'!!!

Just another joke. I can't help it. I'm in a jokey mood this morning.

FinHeaven prolly wouldn't be so sluggish if the O-Line played up to its potential. Its trying to find holes in the net to run through, but the left side ain't pullin' their weight. FH's has got to route to China just to get here to MD......Saban needs to get those halses in gear so I can get my FH!!!! Next year in the first round, we need to draft a new router.

DolfanCole
09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
I use Firefox with the "Reload Every" extension. I set the extension to refresh every 15-min (you can set it refresh more often if you want). So, I don't have to hit F5 at all -- the extension does it for me. :D

PhinsRock
09-28-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate your efforts with the site. FinHeaven Rocks!

GRT8
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM

In the past couple of weeks, as I'm sure you've all seen and experienced, FinHeaven hasn't been as fast, reliable or available as you've grown accustomed to. Believe me, nobody is as annoyed as we are when things like that go on. We take it personally.

We just wanted to let you all know that we're well aware of it, and we're working on it. And we won't stop until everything is ironed out. The good thing is, we know all of what is causing our problems. And a lot of things have already been solved.

So just hang tight. We'll have things rockin' and rollin' again before you know it. :)

IF YOU TOLERATE US, THE LEAST WE CAN DO IS BE PATIENT FOR THE DOLPHINS BEST SOURCE OF INFO(FINHEAVEN) YOU GUYS ARE DOING AWESOME MUCK......TRUELY AWESOME

Danny6813
09-28-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes thanks!!!!!:D

MNFINFAN
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
I hate 503 errors, I know you were blocking my IP address and springing 503 on me, how much did my wife pay you to keep me of FH, as I will double it to keep me on :D

IdahoPhin
09-28-2006, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info, Muck. :dolphins:

Calgaryfin
09-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all your work guys. Best site for Dolphin action. Glad to hear you have things nearly worked out. ALL the best!!

FanMarino
09-28-2006, 12:11 PM

In MUCK we trust. :muck: :up:
Thanks for the update.

Thunderbolt89
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks, I recently started posting here a few days ago and I was already starting to miss it.

SarahAnn
09-29-2006, 12:35 AM
I use Firefox with the "Reload Every" extension. I set the extension to refresh every 15-min (you can set it refresh more often if you want). So, I don't have to hit F5 at all -- the extension does it for me. :D

Hate Firefox, stupid thing crashes every 20 pages or so. I use IE 7

Muck
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM
We're in the middle of a somewhat big project on the infastructure side. So you may encounter some rough seas here and there in the next few days. You may not. Just letting you know what's up. :)

Muck
09-29-2006, 08:36 PM
Hate Firefox, stupid thing crashes every 20 pages or so. I use IE 7

Obviously you're computer is stupid and you're evil.

Firefox is the greatest thing since :bob:

PHINATIC13
09-29-2006, 08:41 PM
thanks for update Muck.

properfin
09-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Today I was able to get on for the first time in days. It seems like the site bandwidth may be the problem; whenever there's a game going on or breaking news (like the T.O. incident), people flood the site and resources can't keeep up. I'm glad to know you're working on the problem. The first thing I was going to do upon logging in was to post a topic about this very problem, until I saw this sticky.
Thanks!

dolphin23
09-30-2006, 12:54 PM
I was getting nervous there for awhile. I dont know about you guys but I start my day by looking at finheaven, then before going to bed Im on it as well, lol. Now if finheaven ever disappears I'll be lost. Just want to say thanks guys and great job.

finz72
10-01-2006, 08:50 AM

Thank you for your patience.you guys are awsome!!!its a little price to pay for such an awsome site....GO FINZ!!!!!!!!!

FanMarino
10-01-2006, 06:01 PM
Cuddnt get on at all during the game!!!! Not happy! first time thats happened!

Phinz4Life
10-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Booooo to you web folk!

Just kidding, of course.

Finsperfect72
10-01-2006, 06:55 PM
Thanks for everything you and the entire FinHeaven team does to help feed our habit, Muck.

"Hello, my name is Karen and I'm a FinHeaven addict."

Motion
10-02-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm sure you guys are working hard to figure out the bugs, but man I hope that happens soon! This is frustrating.

I need my FH fix!

finserg
10-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Same here

TX-FinFan
10-02-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah I couldn't get on at all during the Texans game. Oh well it was on TV anyway for a change.

Amars
10-02-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the hard work

Muck
10-02-2006, 08:10 PM
We're in the middle of a rather large project in regards to infastructure right now. So things might be a little wacky at times. But we should be finished by Sunday.

Small price for a big payoff. :)

Da 'Fins
10-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Hopefully it will be a good omen and the Dolphins will come together in conjunction with the changeover in the site infrastructure.

Just make sure you get it done by Sunday!!! ;)