PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion coming to PS3 and PSP

JL25
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Though given long-circulating rumors, it may not be shocking to our regular readers, Bethesda Softworks today announced that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (http://ps3.ign.com/objects/857/857879.html), the acclaimed RPG which has already wowed Xbox 360 and PC gamers, will arrive for the launch of PlayStation 3. Further, the company is adapting the game for portable play in the form of The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion for the PSP.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/736/736244p1.html

mor911
09-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I was gonna post this but FH was down :(

This seems to be good though. A whole new faction and quest line is being added to the game. New weapons + new armor... PS3 finally has a solid launch game.

Motion
09-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Cool

Bruzer
09-29-2006, 04:25 PM
Yea pc owners think that bethsada sold out because they went console lol. I don't see anything wrong with expanding thier market. I would get it for console but I love my pc version becuase many very good mods out there to expand the game.

Stitches
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Whoever says a pc gaming company is selling out for moving to a console is pretty stupid. it just makes sense to reach as many people as possible with your product.

Phin-o-rama
09-29-2006, 04:58 PM
i didn't much like oblivion honestly....i know i know don't kill me.....

i like rpg's, but i never gave that one too much of a chance i don't know why. i actually got it for free for pc and it ran great , graphics looked cool...but at that time i was playing alot of WoW so i just never played it....then i rented it for 360 and it was ok, i played to the end of the sewer then turned it off.....lol

i like mmo's

AngryDolphins
09-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Bethesda said the rumor is false in the new gamepro mag.

Bruzer
09-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Bethesda said the rumor is false in the new gamepro mag.

Thats old news they denied it but it is officially confirmed now. Gamepro is behind lol. Go to any oblivion fan site. Even the official oblivion site says coming to ps3.

Scatman
09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
i didn't much like oblivion honestly....i know i know don't kill me.....

i like rpg's, but i never gave that one too much of a chance i don't know why. i actually got it for free for pc and it ran great , graphics looked cool...but at that time i was playing alot of WoW so i just never played it....then i rented it for 360 and it was ok, i played to the end of the sewer then turned it off.....lol

i like mmo's

did the same thing...i actually bought it for the 360 cause all the hype...and plus i was dieing for a new game for the 360, but man to me this thing sucked especially wen compared to wow.

just couldnt get into it for some reason... just didnt have any fun while playing it.

mor911
09-30-2006, 07:42 PM
did the same thing...i actually bought it for the 360 cause all the hype...and plus i was dieing for a new game for the 360, but man to me this thing sucked especially wen compared to wow.

just couldnt get into it for some reason... just didnt have any fun while playing it.If you compare it to an MMO, ofcourse you're not gonna like it... If I played WoW expecting (or comparing to) Final Fantasy, I'd end up pissed to. Oblivion is it's own thing just like WoW is.

Bruzer
09-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I was about to say same thing mor.. You cant compare them they are 2 different games for a single player adventure I love oblivion. I dont play wow becuase I don't think it's worth the money.

Scatman
09-30-2006, 08:41 PM
If you compare it to an MMO, ofcourse you're not gonna like it... If I played WoW expecting (or comparing to) Final Fantasy, I'd end up pissed to. Oblivion is it's own thing just like WoW is.

not really comparing to anything...just hard for me to get into. Loved final fantasy. And i like the freedom and span of oblivion, graphics are great and everything...was just relating. Cause everyone i know loves the game and ive tried playing through a few times but just couldnt find myself getting into it.

mor911
09-30-2006, 09:32 PM
not really comparing to anything...just hard for me to get into. Loved final fantasy. And i like the freedom and span of oblivion, graphics are great and everything...was just relating. Cause everyone i know loves the game and ive tried playing through a few times but just couldnt find myself getting into it.
I didn't expect everyone to like oblivion... Just like not everyone likes Final Fantasy and not everyone likes WoW. I thought you were comparing the two.

Bruzer
09-30-2006, 10:27 PM
I got bored of oblivion but replaying it now with mods. Makes it fun having mods since the game is ever expanding.

Scatman
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
just lent the game to my bro, and he is loving the crap out of it. called me just to tell me how cool it was.....i guess to each his own.

Bruzer
10-09-2006, 02:09 PM
PS3 version will have 10-20 hours extra gameplay. This is good news for sony.

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6961

Phin-o-rama
10-11-2006, 05:03 PM
PS3 version will have 10-20 hours extra gameplay. This is good news for sony.

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=6961

extra content available for all woot

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/738/738319p1.html

Bruzer
10-11-2006, 05:28 PM
It says that its thier goal to get the knights of the nine on all systems but it will be sony only atleast for a while. Anyways i own pc version and wont be buying any more versions of the game. PC has more mods than xbox and ps3 put together for oblivion anyways. Maybe not official but there are very many high quality mods to enhance the game.

Majpain
10-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Xbox is going to have the Ko9. Marketplace FTW!