PDA

View Full Version : Houston vs Miami

Jaydog57
09-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Ok, it's been two weeks, I think my Canes have got it together a little more. We're not gonna blow 'em out, but WE WILL BEAT THE COUGARS. That Heisman hopeful qb from Houson's gonna have his work cut out for him. And remember, it doesn't really matter what happens in the first three quarters, the fourth is ours:evil: GO CANES!!! post your score............:dolphins:

Houston - 17

Miami - 28

209FinFan
09-29-2006, 10:50 PM
The flying banners tomorrow are supposed to be great.

Roman529
09-30-2006, 02:04 AM
The Cougars are gonna upset the Canes.

305TillIDie
09-30-2006, 02:59 AM
35-14

yall know who wins :wink:

Timmy54
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
dont be shocked if the cougars give the canes everything they want. Houston is undefeated with a really good qb.

FinSinceBirth
09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Does anybody find it weird that Houston and Miamia are playing this week in both college and pro football? Well I hope the Canes lose and the Fins win.

FinSinceBirth
09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
35-14

yall know who wins :wink:

Houston right? :tongue:

FinsNYanksFan13
09-30-2006, 06:58 PM
10-7 Houston right now. If Coker loses this one, he'll be cleaning his office out by Monday!

MikeO
09-30-2006, 06:59 PM
10-7 Houston right now. If Coker loses this one, he'll be cleaning his office out by Monday!

If Miami loses to Houston I don't see Miami going to a bowl this year.

ChambersWI
09-30-2006, 07:11 PM
Kolb is a pretty good QB. He's been starting since his Freshman year, and as a Sophomore, played a hell of a game against Oklahoma (the yeah they had White, Peterson, Clayton, Bradley, Cody, and Perkins).

305TillIDie
09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
god our offense sucks :nono:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-30-2006, 07:38 PM
houston looks solid. miami looks horrible. i don't know what kind of adjustments they'll make in the 2nd half, if any.

Alex44
09-30-2006, 07:48 PM
If Miami loses to Houston I don't see Miami going to a bowl this year.

If we lose every game from here on out but Coker is fired tomorrow I will consider it a successful season

Alex44
09-30-2006, 07:49 PM
houston looks solid. miami looks horrible. i don't know what kind of adjustments they'll make in the 2nd half, if any.

Coker? Adjustments? :sidelol: :lol: :sidelol:

Oh you were serious?........

Jaydog57
09-30-2006, 08:14 PM
god our offense sucks :nono:Yeah, I know man, but it ain't over yet, we just got the ball back:peace:

Alex44
09-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I know man, but it ain't over yet, we just got the ball back:peace:

I cant even get excited over it....I want Coker gone....this season is already a waste and I dont want him ruining the next one too

Amars
09-30-2006, 08:42 PM
This is shocking for the canes.

Alex44
09-30-2006, 08:48 PM
Kyle Wright = Vince Young :lol: he keeps running with it

cnc66
09-30-2006, 09:00 PM
I cant even get excited over it....I want Coker gone....this season is already a waste and I dont want him ruining the next one too

sadly, his recruiting failures will last after he is gone...

how come you guys don't come over and chat at Canesheaven ?

http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/index.php

Jaydog57
09-30-2006, 09:01 PM
I cant even get excited over it....I want Coker gone....this season is already a waste and I dont want him ruining the next one tooNo worries man, he's gone after this season, I think we'll have the Rutgers coach next year, after all, he coached at Miami previously:D

phinphan896
09-30-2006, 09:03 PM
i hatee coker

Alex44
09-30-2006, 09:08 PM

http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/index.php (http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/index.php)

I dont think so, there are a lot of great young players down here that would love to go to the U, only thing stopping them is Coker. People think kids cant realize he is running the team into the ground, but they do. When he is gone recruiting will pick up again. Besides we have enough talent to win for a year or two if recruiting was down, but only with great gameplanning

I usually check CH just for news, and post a few times a week

54Fins
09-30-2006, 09:46 PM
No worries man, he's gone after this season, I think we'll have the Rutgers coach next year, after all, he coached at Miami previously:DYou can't have my coach!:tongue: Hopefully Shiano stays put.

Jaydog57
09-30-2006, 10:16 PM
You can't have my coach!:tongue: Hopefully Shiano stays put.Lol, hmm, no offense, but if he's offered a job to where he started, and a much better possible team to coach for a National Championship, I think he'll take it. Still, that's cool that the Rutgers are on the board, you guys have been in the dog house for so long as far as being a 'team to play'. Good luck the rest of the season man :peace:

Kdawg954
09-30-2006, 10:25 PM

http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/index.php (http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/index.php)

I'm gonna be real with you . . . one of the few things that Coker has not really thwarted as much as people say he has is the recruiting. I think they have brought in some really talented players, and this recent class maybe being his best. Glad to see them putting in some of these youngsters in early, because this season is obviously looking grim.

I think what we think is recruiting failures, is more of players not being coached up. Seriously, it looks like these guys don't even practice sometimes when I watch . . . just terrible. How on earth can Coker dedicate a practice to Special Teams, when his offense just has no rhythm to it. Olsen so excited to have a play called for him, he is dropping passes, Wright just looks awful sometimes . . . I mean these guys have talent, they shouldn't look so bad. Then the defense plays lights out, but the offense either puts them in a tuff spot or just is ineffective the whole game, so the D just gives up seemingly. U just need a hard azz in there, gets these guys mentalities up. How can u be down by 3 points with a whole half left and think the game is over . . . thats how these guys play. Things gotta change down in Coral Gables and unfortunately for Coker he has got to go.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
09-30-2006, 10:27 PM
i thought this was his worst recruiting class?

Jaydog57
09-30-2006, 10:30 PM
as posted on Canesheaven :

If you get on Finheaven on the College forum, or other college football message boards, a lot of threads talk about how the team in point will 'blow out' the Canes and all that. It's like a bunch of hyena's waiting for a wounded Lion to die or something. 'Miami's gonna get whipped', or 'Miami has no chance'. To all the people talking smack, WE WILL BE BACK. Just be thankful you get a break from our domination of NCAA football. Nobody else has the longest home winning streak at 58 games, and nobody has the most National Championships in 25 years, (83, 87, 89, 91, '01). Yeah, they can say that was then, and this is now, but if that's the case, why keep records? We OWN College Football, and that will never change if I can help it. Let the Gators talk, let the Seminoles talk, let anybody else talk. What they call a falling from grace, I call a breather for their program. Be happy and rejoice in your victories, they won't last long, cause we'll be back Screaming for Vengeance before you know what happened. So go ahead, bad mouth us, trash talk us. What goes around comes around. Just be ready, cause we'll be back, and you won't be happy.:evil:

Kdawg954
09-30-2006, 10:34 PM
i thought this was his worst recruiting class?

Maybe with not getting the 5 star recruits people feel that way, but I think he really got some solid guys in there who will make a name for themselves in the upcomming years (provided they get a solid coach). Shields, James and Fox already looking solid as true freshmen, they seemingly have gotten off to a good start with the class.

cnc66
09-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Maybe with not getting the 5 star recruits people feel that way, but I think he really got some solid guys in there who will make a name for themselves in the upcomming years (provided they get a solid coach). Shields, James and Fox already looking solid as true freshmen, they seemingly have gotten off to a good start with the class.

we were a farm club for the NFL. The "good" players can go to UCF, I want the GREAT players, and Coker's predecessors provided them..... that being said you make a great point about potential not being realized.

James was not recruited by Coker...green and orange already ran in his veins, he was a given.

Alex44
09-30-2006, 11:01 PM
we were a farm club for the NFL. The "good" players can go to UCF, I want the GREAT players, and Coker's predecessors provided them..... that being said you make a great point about potential not being realized.

James was not recruited by Coker...green and orange already ran in his veins, he was a given.

:yeahthat:

They said it on the telecast tonight, from the time James was 12 watching Edge from the sidelines he wanted to be a Cane, he wasnt going anywhere else

Kdawg954
10-01-2006, 08:22 AM

Yea I know the deal with James, but still it goes as part of the class . . . and trust me I understand we are NOT the powerhouse with getting the 1st round picks like we used to . . . but I think that has alot to do with coaching also. Everybody wants to get on Larry about not having great recruits, he has good/solid players . . . those guys look lost out there man. Like James had a good game, but it was against Houston (taking nothing away from them, but its not FSU or Louiville). In the big games, guys are missing blocks, not reading schemes, going the wrong way . . . I mean I don't care if u get Ken Dorsey's clone at QB, that guy will in no way be better than Dorsey of 2000/2001 because the coaching of the players in general . . SUCK.

We still have some guys that are either red shirted or not able to get on the field yet who are FANTASTIC players. Trust me, we will be talking about this 2006 class in a year or 2 about possibly being Coker's best class (Tho it doesn't have the star power).

Trust me, I wanted Coker gone after that LSU loss . . . but understood why he stayed. There are no excuses after this season (I will never root against the "U", but wouldn't it suck if we just ran the table and won the ACC and BCS bowl that goes with it). Coker needs to go, we have a bunch of guys who seem to be playing whoever scores first . . wins, then lose interest after they score . . . pitiful.

cnc66
10-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Yea I know the deal with James, but still it goes as part of the class . . . and trust me I understand we are NOT the powerhouse with getting the 1st round picks like we used to . . . but I think that has alot to do with coaching also. Everybody wants to get on Larry about not having great recruits, he has good/solid players . . . those guys look lost out there man. Like James had a good game, but it was against Houston (taking nothing away from them, but its not FSU or Louiville). In the big games, guys are missing blocks, not reading schemes, going the wrong way . . . I mean I don't care if u get Ken Dorsey's clone at QB, that guy will in no way be better than Dorsey of 2000/2001 because the coaching of the players in general . . SUCK.

We still have some guys that are either red shirted or not able to get on the field yet who are FANTASTIC players. Trust me, we will be talking about this 2006 class in a year or 2 about possibly being Coker's best class (Tho it doesn't have the star power).

Trust me, I wanted Coker gone after that LSU loss . . . but understood why he stayed. There are no excuses after this season (I will never root against the "U", but wouldn't it suck if we just ran the table and won the ACC and BCS bowl that goes with it). Coker needs to go, we have a bunch of guys who seem to be playing whoever scores first . . wins, then lose interest after they score . . . pitiful.

good post.

all very true and IMO an acurate descritption of what we are seeing.

CrunchTime
10-01-2006, 10:53 AM

He reminds me of Wanny in that respect.Also in the way the Canes played Wad ball in the second half.:wink: