10-01-2006, 10:33 AM
Anyone try this game?.....39 bucks...picked it up saturday....not bad
any thoughts ?

Pagan
10-01-2006, 08:37 PM
Loving the hell out of it! :up:

Pagan
10-06-2006, 11:37 AM
Just completed one of the two toughest challenges in the game....the 112 mile long "Tour of the Island" race. You need a "B" class car to race, and it's a LONG, grueling race! You win $200 g's though.

Next up with the the toughest one. The 128 mile long "Millionaire's Challenge". "A" class car, and you run solo through heavy traffic trying to beat the clock. Pass this challenge and you get a cool mil.

Strap in kids...:lol:

Agent51
10-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Just completed one of the two toughest challenges in the game....the 112 mile long "Tour of the Island" race. You need a "B" class car to race, and it's a LONG, grueling race! You win $200 g's though.

Next up with the the toughest one. The 128 mile long "Millionaire's Challenge". "A" class car, and you run solo through heavy traffic trying to beat the clock. Pass this challenge and you get a cool mil.

Strap in kids...:lol:

PAGAN! Long time no see man!

Before I comment on this LONG awaited game for me, I have to tell you something, lol. During my long absence I watched Fast and the Furious 3 (Don't ask why, Rhode Island was REALLY boring, lol). Now, the end of the movie INSTANTLY made me think "OMG, PAGAN would be PISSED!" IDK if you saw it, but they took an old Mustang and turned it into a TUNER! I'm not a huge muscle car guy or anything, or even a Mustang fan, but man, when I heard that Mustang makign TURBO blow-off sounds and such, I almost puked! Anyway, I had been waiting to bring that up to you since I saw the movie, lol. on to TDU....

....Everyone knows how bad I was waiting for this game, lol. Well, it's obviously here and I must say I'm pretty dissappointed. The car selection is cool, the "lifestyle" aspect is cool, but the island itself SUCKS. The roads aren't as accurate as they claim to be, and the scenery DEFINATELY isn't accurate. This game had me (and most everyone else) thinking that it would be an exact replica of O'ahu, but it isn't. Yeah, the roads, for the most part, are accurate, but the scenery surrounding them is SO off. I wasn't expecting every single tree or building recreated, but I was expecting the scneery to at least REPRESENT the real-life counterpart. This game has grass fields where there should be neighborhoods, trees where there are really huge black lava rock cliffs, no beaches where there should be, bridges and canyons where there aren't, etc etc.

I'm not going to go on and name everything wrong with it, it'd take forever, lol, so I'm just gonna sum it up and say the scenery isn't very accurate in most places. If you went to O'ahu tomorrow about the only thing that MAY look familiar is the Waikiki area. Hell, the road my house is on isn't even IN the game! And it's not some tiny dead end road, it's right off the Kamehameha, which is the road that goes all the way up the east and north shores, right along the coast.

This is th view from my Lanai (balcony):
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://imageshack.us/?x=my6&myref=http://www.imageshack.us/)

That road with the white van and car is the Kamehameha, it's the road in TDU that goes up the east side witht he water RIGHT there.

Anyway, enough ranting, here's a tip for you Pagan, and anyone else. Use the MV Agusta Tamburini, tuned to stage 3 for the Tour of the Island and the Millionaire's Challenge. The Tour of the Island is an open class event, so you can use anything, and the Millionaire's Challenge is an A-class restriction, but that includes A class bikes. That thing, when tuned to stage three, goes 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and tops out at 227. There may be cars with faster top speeds, but how often do you get to top a car out, and KEEP it topped out, in the races? The bikes are perfect for these because they get to 100mph like instantly, it's perfect for recovering from a crash or a tight section of turns. Also, the Millionaire's Challenge has traffic and cops, so the bike is good for dodging them. Word of advice in the Millionare's Challenge, you CAN get pulled over but you DON'T get a $ fine, she will write a ticket but the amount is always $0, the pull over in this challenge is meant to eat up precious time, so instead of waiting to see how much you owe, just keep pressing "A" to skip the mini cutscenes and get back on the road quickly, because the fine is always $0. If you let the entire cop scene play out it wastes like 40 seconds, if you skip it all you are back on the road in liek 5 seconds. I finished the Millionaire's Challenge in 57 minutes and something seconds on my first try, with a BUNCH of crashes (because the bikes handle like crap) and pull-overs. My Tour of the Island time was 44 minutes and 7 seconds.