PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone defending Ronnie Brown now?

Dmancari23
10-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I hate to say it, but as an offensive coordinator, I would have a hard time calling a running play for a guy who can't get it done on a consistent basis as well. Here's a stat for you, Chris Chambers was our leading rusher well into the 3rd quarter with 1 carry for 14 yards. STOP DEFENDING RONNIE BROWN!! He is NOT getting it done. Look at the stats running the ball against the Texans so far, and look at Ronnie's numbers. He catches the ball out of the backfield well, but other than that, the guy isn't doing squat. A good RB takes pressure off of the ENTIRE offense, he hasn't. I think we need to look elsewhere next year and make Ronnie a tight end or something. Everyone here hails his catching and blocking skills, it seems like a logical move to me.

ih8brady
10-01-2006, 05:32 PM
check your stats, those were half-time stats. The oline and MM are to blame for the running game woes.

emocomputerjock
10-01-2006, 05:32 PM
I hate to say it, but as an offensive coordinator, I would have a hard time calling a running play for a guy who can't get it done on a consistent basis as well. Here's a stat for you, Chris Chambers was our leading rusher well into the 3rd quarter with 1 carry for 14 yards. STOP DEFENDING RONNIE BROWN!! He is NOT getting it done. Look at the stats running the ball against the Texans so far, and look at Ronnie's numbers. He catches the ball out of the backfield well, but other than that, the guy isn't doing squat. A good RB takes pressure off of the ENTIRE offense, he hasn't. I think we need to look elsewhere next year and make Ronnie a tight end or something. Everyone here hails his catching and blocking skills, it seems like a logical move to me.

So, over 100 total yards again, and he sucks? Someone 1 star this thing and/or send it to the depths. Things are bad enough without rampant lunacy around here.

Breed
10-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Troll.........

Phinzone
10-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Averaged 4+ ypc, he's NOT GETTING THE BALL. What do you expect?

Kyndig
10-01-2006, 05:35 PM

dude, he had over 4 yard per carry and only got the rock 13 times for rushes. We weren't behind until the fourth quarter or so. I blame the play calling on this matey, I guarantee you if he had 25-30 carries we win the game...

ac_lanham
10-01-2006, 05:36 PM

You blame Ronnie for getting 12 carries and averaging 4 yards per? The man had over 100 all purpose yards. You're gonna get one star from Disgustipate

indifin
It would be nice to see what he can do if we had a good line.No running back in the nfl could help us with this line.

Dmancari23
Averaged 4+ ypc, he's NOT GETTING THE BALL. What do you expect?That avg only happened with his 19 yard run in garbage time after the Texans already were in prevent.

SkapePhin
:shakeno:

WestCoast13
WOW Ronnie Brown is our only form of consistent offense. Its hard to get yards if they dont hand the ball off to you.

TexanPhinatic
I was at the game and Ronnie looked good, especially catching the ball, but like has been stated, he just isnt getting the ball, and many times the blocking just completely fails him. Hard to score a TD when 4 guys are hitting you behind the LoS.

Dmancari23
10-01-2006, 05:38 PM
No one EVER raves about his running skills, everyone raves about his receiving and blocking skills. I say we make him a tight end. HE CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!

twg76
10-01-2006, 05:41 PM
You can't get a running game going when you only get 12 carries. That is ridiculous. It takes 12 carries just to get going. There definitely are problems with the play calling.

Miami will convert a big 3rd down pass play, and then go straight back to the air. What?!?!?!? That should be followed by a couple of running plays for sure.

On the TD to Chambers at the end, it looked like Saban and Culpepper worked out a play on the sidelines during the timeout. Chambers basically just beat his man one-on-one. I don't think Mularkey even called that play.

The offense needs an identity bad. Mularkey is not going to get it done from the booth upstairs.

PerfectFinz72
10-01-2006, 05:41 PM
Im not surprised this thread has popped up and the source of it. This poster has a personal issue with Ronnie and just says ridiculous things. Isnt the first time, won't be the last. What exactly do you want him to do? He doesn't get enough carries to do anything running wise and outside of Welker he's been Daunte's best option. :shakeno:

ac_lanham
10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
No one EVER raves about his running skills, everyone raves about his receiving and blocking skills. I say we make him a tight end. HE CAN'T RUN THE BALL!!!

You're kidding right? Who was the guy who kept that list of terrible posts of the week because this one is a prime candidate :shakeno:

SCall13
10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Ronnie Brown is not a game breaker. He is a work horse. He is not getting the ball ENOUGH. Placing the blame on Ronnie Brown is ridiculous. He is definetly not the problem.

Marino420TD
10-01-2006, 05:45 PM
I am not going to defend Ronnie Brown. He is a solid, all-around RB, but that's it. He is disappointing for a #2 overall. Not really his fault, but there it is. He had chances in the open field and did.....ok. Had the ball at the 15 one on one, and bulls ahead for 3 yards. great power, no big plays.

ac_lanham
10-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I am not going to defend Ronnie Brown. He is a solid, all-around RB, but that's it. He is disappointing for a #2 overall. Not really his fault, but there it is. He had chances in the open field and did.....ok. Had the ball at the 15 one on one, and bulls ahead for 3 yards. great power, no big plays.

If he's a dissappointing #2 overall it is because of CIRCUMSTANCE not because of talent. He SHARED CARRIES with Ricky last year and ran for 900+ yards. This year he's got an OC who acts as if he's STILL sharing the load and giving him only 12 carries. Some of you need to really think before you make such ridiculous posts

bcfinfan
10-02-2006, 04:47 PM
You guys who are critical of Ronnie are not very astute fans. If you were, you'd see that he hits the line hard on every play and if there's nothing there he usually makes something because of his strength and balance. You rarely see him pushed back. He breaks tackles on a regular basis and he showed last year that when he gets an opening he can pick up a lot of yards as he has breakaway speed and his open field moves are very good. But he needs more carries. He hits defenders hard and if they wouldn't give up on the run so early in the game you'd see him break a lot of long ones in the latter part of games.
And just add that to his blocking and receiving skills and you have someone the Dolphins offence can and should build around. imo.