PDA

View Full Version : Gonna be trouble

flip
10-01-2006, 06:21 PM
When ya think about it with DC's constent poor play its not only his job on the line but if Nick keeps him out there any longer his job is gonna be on the line too

HybridPHIN 23
10-01-2006, 06:26 PM
now if saban throws in the towel and plays the backup... then he's asking for his job to be on the line.

endorphin
10-01-2006, 06:27 PM
When ya think about it with DC's constent poor play its not only his job on the line but if Nick keeps him out there any longer his job is gonna be on the line too

You're blaming Daunte? This is a TEAM sport.

Damion Macintosh DESTROYED good field postion
Marty Booker Dropped a potential TD pass
The O-line could not pass protect or run block consistantly
The Safety on the long pass play to Andre Johnson made NO attempt on the ball,thus giving up a TD
The list continuesFor the most part there was improvement by Daunte. What this team has forgotten is what has gotten the Patriots so far...It's SIMPLY HOW TO WIN.

rainmaker1313
10-01-2006, 06:27 PM
When ya think about it with DC's constent poor play its not only his job on the line but if Nick keeps him out there any longer his job is gonna be on the line tooI dont know if You watched the game, but Dauntes play is not the reason we are losing. He is doing okay

PHANTASTIC 13
10-01-2006, 06:28 PM
now if saban throws in the towel and plays the backup... then he's asking for his job to be on the line.
He has no other choice...he stuck with Ray Lucas, er I mean Daunte Culpepper long enough.

unifiedtheory
10-01-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm going to copy and paste this post in every "Culpepper is to blame" thread on this board today.

It will accompolish 2 things.

Save on my typing because I'm crappy at it.
Get me extra posts.:lol: People are blaming Daunte today?

Is it Daunte's fault we ran the ball a grand total of 14 times against a team that was giving up 163 yards a game coming into today? 14 rushes in a game that was 6 - 3 through 3 quarters.

Is it Daunte's fault that we allowed the Texans to convert 5 of 8 third downs in the 2nd half? Two of the 3rd downs the Texans did not get were on running plays when they were trying to spin the clock so, in reality they were 5 our of 6 on 3rd downs. Incidentally they scored both their T.D.'s on 3rd down.

Is it Daunte's fault that Marty Booker drops a pass that would have been AT LEAST a gain of 40 yards, if not a T.D. That play would have gotten us points at the 3:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter and let us save our timeouts.

Is Daunte the one taking penalties on 2nd down, getting us into impossible 2nd and 3rd and longs?

Can Daunte block for himself?

The issues today? Giving up on the running game, penalties, poor offensive line play and not getting off the field on 3rd downs. It's the same old story.

Blaming Daunte today shows that some of you have no idea how to watch this sport.

Marino420TD
10-01-2006, 06:34 PM
You're blaming Daunte? This is a TEAM sport.

Damion Macintosh DESTROYED good field postion
Marty Booker Dropped a potential TD pass
The O-line could not pass protect or run block consistantly
The Safety on the long pass play to Andre Johnson made NO attempt on the ball,thus giving up a TD
The list continuesFor the most part there was improvement by Daunte. What this team has forgotten is what has gotten the Patriots so far...It's SIMPLY HOW TO WIN.

AND, CPEP hung on to the ball too long, did not make plays, did not convert 3rd downs, did not score any points. He should be on the list too. Not all his fault, but he is a part of it.

endorphin
10-01-2006, 06:36 PM
AND, CPEP hung on to the ball too long, did not make plays, did not convert 3rd downs, did not score any points. He should be on the list too. Not all his fault, but he is a part of it.

Sure he's part of it...he's not THE reason though, which is my point.

endorphin
10-01-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm going to copy and paste this post in every "Culpepper is to blame" thread on this board today.

Get me extra posts.:lol:People are blaming Daunte today?

Is it Daunte's fault we ran the ball a grand total of 14 times against a team that was giving up 163 yards a game coming into today? 14 rushes in a game that was 6 - 3 through 3 quarters.

Is it Daunte's fault that we allowed the Texans to convert 5 of 8 third downs in the 2nd half? Two of the 3rd downs the Texans did not get were on running plays when they were trying to spin the clock so, in reality they were 5 our of 6 on 3rd downs. Incidentally they scored both their T.D.'s on 3rd down.

Is it Daunte's fault that Marty Booker drops a pass that would have been AT LEAST a gain of 40 yards, if not a T.D. That play would have gotten us points at the 3:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter and let us save our timeouts.

Is Daunte the one taking penalties on 2nd down, getting us into impossible 2nd and 3rd and longs?

The issues today? Giving up on the running game, penalties, poor offensive line play and not getting off the field on 3rd downs. It's the same old story.

Blaming Daunte today shows that some of you have no idea how to watch this sport.

Can I copy and paste your post as well? :lol:

FinIowa85
10-01-2006, 06:37 PM
The fact is, Daunte's not as mobile as he used to be, but that shouldn't matter. He still has a good arm and is a more than capable playmaker. He just needs time. The offensive line is just horrible. We've seen it every week so far, and something drastic needs to be done. Someone has to show some accountability for poor offensive line play. Lets find five guys with some HEART and PASSION. They're obviously not the best linemen in the NFL, but they would still be able to do a half assed job if they just worked their ***** off.

WestCovPhins
10-01-2006, 06:41 PM
Daunte is SOO NOT THE ONE TO BLAME talk about 240+ Yards 1 TD NO INTERCEPTION this was clearly not daunte's fault.

phinphanforever
10-01-2006, 06:43 PM
I dont know if You watched the game, but Dauntes play is not the reason we are losing. He is doing okay
Okay is the key word. The o-line has played terrible, but last year our pass protection was shoddy, and Gus still did a pretty good job of keeping the sacks low. I agree that Daute cannot take the blame for all of this year's sacks, but he has been responsible for several. And more worrisome, is that he has not made many plays. Bottom line is that we need stronger play from the Qb position than what we have seen so far.
Should Daunte be benched in favour of Harrington? I don't think so. Not yet anyway. I think Saban has to give Daunte at least half of the season to see what Culpepper can do. If Saban were going tom start Harrington, he should have done it in the fisrt few games, but doing so now would be mistake. The fins have invested a lot in Daunte. He obviously hasn't fully recovered from his injuries. I don't see HArrington taking the fins any further than Culpepper. There may be a slight improvemnt in the short run, but the long term turmoil inflicted on the team by such a move could be disastrous.
If Dauntes play continues to be as poor as it has by week 8 or 9, and the season looks like it is lost, then yes, I think the fins need to make the move to Joey. But it is still too early.
Uggh..I can't believe we lost to the Texans:(

NathanHunt
10-01-2006, 06:50 PM
We just lost to the Texans.

And people are try to accumulate stats to prove how good things are inspite of everything that happens.

Here's a stat: 15 - 17.

Here's another: 1 - 3.

Everybody got their roll on?

LoneWulF
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
daunte played well today. recievers dropped passes and ronnie couldnt gain yards on first downs. mularkeys playcalling is horrible. but daunte should not be blaimed. he put us in a position to tie and marty fell down

jribs
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM

Get me extra posts.:lol:People are blaming Daunte today?

I am not going to blame Daunte for everything, but he does play a roll in it. You can blame the o-line all you want, but there were times today (and every game) that he has had time and does not throw it away or on hit an open receiver.
He is just as much to blame as many of the other points you make but IMO, he has to shoulder a good portion of the blame too.