PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm insane, and maybe I'm the only one...

Pagan
10-01-2006, 08:38 PM
...but I traded in my copy of Madden 2007 this weekend.

I dunno guys, it just didn't do anything for me.

Slappy8800
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
no its not just you...but its the only football option I have....tho with NHL out and Tiger woods next week I may be trading it in myself

Scatman
10-01-2006, 09:11 PM
nice when there was some competition around.... now its ea or nothing i guess

Majpain
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
I still enjoy Madden. Infact I own every Madden game since 93.

Bruzer
10-01-2006, 09:29 PM
I enjoy madden also but thats only for like a month or 2 then i only play it on occasion because by then i got a new game i bought or "aquired" through the internet.

Perfect23
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
nah I wouldnt of even bought it if u want madden 07 just get 06 and trade all the players that are on the current teams.

Bruzer
10-01-2006, 09:37 PM
nah I wouldnt of even bought it if u want madden 07 just get 06 and trade all the players that are on the current teams.

I agree basically same although I do enjoy the superstar mode much more than last years...

Perfect23
10-01-2006, 09:39 PM
I agree basically same although I do enjoy the superstar mode much more than last years...

yeah thats true

mor911
10-01-2006, 10:11 PM
What I would to to see what a next-gen 2K football game would be like.

Bruzer
10-01-2006, 10:13 PM
To bad there wont be a nfl 2k game which sucks... I was pissed when madden got exclusive and i never played 2k i just hate when big companies do that ****.

mor911
10-01-2006, 11:06 PM
I believe that EA's reign over the NFL ends in 2010

But that's a long ways off

Scatman
10-02-2006, 01:21 AM
I believe that EA's reign over the NFL ends in 2010

But that's a long ways off

yup..and then it always takes a couple of years for a company to get a football game tight..with all the variables

...i remember 2k ruled for the dreamcast...i think it even had like 1st person perspective and ****...... ahhh the dreamcast

Buddwalk
10-02-2006, 02:03 AM
yup..and then it always takes a couple of years for a company to get a football game tight..with all the variables

...i remember 2k ruled for the dreamcast...i think it even had like 1st person perspective and $hit...... ahhh the dreamcast

1st person first came on espn football which was released on the xbox, ps2, and gamecube no dreamcast

mor911
10-02-2006, 02:28 AM
1st person first came on espn football which was released on the xbox, ps2, and gamecube no dreamcast2K picked up the ESPN license. ESPN was 2K. :D

Phinz4Life
10-02-2006, 02:47 AM
I love playing Superstar, but I appear to be alone because most people dont have patience to learn how to play the game from a different angle.

That and they don't get to control anything.

I think EA should take what theyve done and EXPAND. More specific complaints you can make, more individual choices -- why can't I work out my rookie contract? etc.

It could be something very fun if they made options.

Majpain
10-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I love playing Superstar, but I appear to be alone because most people dont have patience to learn how to play the game from a different angle.

That and they don't get to control anything.

I think EA should take what theyve done and EXPAND. More specific complaints you can make, more individual choices -- why can't I work out my rookie contract? etc.

It could be something very fun if they made options.

That would be great, but that requires work something EA doesn't like.

Bruzer
10-02-2006, 08:52 AM
I love madden but I dunno it feels it needs reworked some the mechanics etc.. Also i would love superstar mode give you option of doing a in mask view that would be cool. But yea madden is never much different which i kinda hate thats why probably i will be torrenting most my maddens.. I never play online anyways.

John Biello
10-03-2006, 05:13 PM
i just traded in my copy of ncaa. thought about madden as well, but i need at least 1 football game

Brown42000
10-03-2006, 05:18 PM
NCAA was good I really liked how you could block kicks and punts.

banzaitrey
10-03-2006, 08:24 PM
I love Madden...I find myself playing at least 1 or 2 online games a day and just playing practice mode with a new team every night for an hour to two hours a night...

Agent51
10-07-2006, 02:57 PM
...but I traded in my copy of Madden 2007 this weekend.

I dunno guys, it just didn't do anything for me.

I bought it (and NCAA 07 football when it came out) for PS2, despite owning a 360. One reason was that they are STILL stripped down (especially NCAA) but the main reason was that I HATE the controls, friggin H-A-T-E them. Not only are the controls themselves bad, IMO, but the "feel" of the game sucks, it feels way more acrady and loose than the PS2 version, and I felt this way about the normal XBox versions too.

Also, I hate how on the 360 Madden you can't edit rosters like player numbers and stuff. I bought it for 360 too, just because it looks way better than the PS2 copy so it's fun to play when people are over and stuff. I wanted to change Reggie Bush to #5 (just to help the guy out, haha) and I wanted to create myself as a player on the Dolphins (obviously, lol) but my lifelong real-life sports number has been #21, and, in order for me to have it in the 360 Madden, I need to release Travis Daniels, make my guy, then go re-sign him. Why can't I just go in and click on a guy and change his friggin number?

Same thing with the "Superstar" mode. It's a lot cooler this year with the whole "ONLY control your guy" thing, I love that, but the number system is dumb. you pick your "favorite" number but if it is already taken on the team you are drafted too, you get stuck with some totally off-the-wall number. Like I got drafted to Carolina and my favorite number was 21. Well, 21 was taken, but 22, 24, 27, and 29 weren't, not to mention a bunch in the 30s and 40s. But guess what number I got? ZERO, that's right, number 0. That happened to me 3 more times, plus a few times where I was like 49 or soemthing, despite there being plenty of open numbers closer to my 21. The worst part was in the edit appearance screen, you could do everything BUT change your number (or add a mouthpiece :rolleyes2). NCAA 07 FINALLY got this right this year with their Campus Legend mode, where you could change you number during or after the season, so when the person left that wore your number, you could switch to it, or at LEAST pick a number you liked better if you got one you didn't like. I haven't tried Superstar in Madden for PS2 yet (haven't played it much at all actually), but the one for 360 doesn't let you do that, and it's lame.