PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie for D'Brickashaw?

Ronski_doodle
10-01-2006, 10:30 PM
Would anyone trade Ronnie Brown for D'brick?
LT is one of the three toughest positions to field. According to Gil Brandt,(respected by many NFL personell men as one of the greatest minds in football). QB, pass rushing DE, and LT are the 3 toughest positions to field in the NFL. He also states RB is the easiest position to find quality. If his assumptions are correct then it would make sense to get a Left Tackle anyway we can.
Before people jump down my throat about wanting to trade Ronnie, I am not saying we should or even could trade him. I just wanted some kind of feedback and perspective.

WarriorWelker83
10-01-2006, 10:31 PM
no....Ronnie is one of the few valid players on our offense. For an unproven T no thanks. Maybe if it was like Alan Faneca or something.

TheJetsBlow
10-01-2006, 10:32 PM
no....Ronnie is one of the few valid players on our offense. For an unproven T no thanks. Maybe if it was like Alan Faneca or something.

Faneca is a guard.

Roman529
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Ronnie is not the problem...the problem is with Mularkey at OC, and a not fully recovered DC at QB.

ABrownLamp
10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Our RB situation would be awesome in that situation. Wed definitely have won more games with a LT instead of a RB.

Good lord, can you imagine the Saban hate threads we would have gottenhad we not taken a RB.

mesquillo10
10-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Interesting option but I'd want to stick with Ronnie and pray that we get a real offensive coordinator AND offensive line.

Ronski_doodle
10-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I too would like to keep Ronnie, where can we get that premiere LT or stud guard? Jeno was supposed to be great. Vernon Carey was a first rounder as was LJ Shelton,Hudson Hauck is supposed to be able to coach em up. We should be able to run effectively. It doesn't take much remember the one year when Jamie Nials was in shape we ran the ball with ease to his side, Ruddy was at center and I can't remember who was our LT. The point is quality on the OL goes a long way

NYJ EcKo151
10-02-2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry bro...As talented as Brown is...I'd rather build the OLine and adress RB this offseason. D'Brick stays.

Muck
10-03-2006, 07:52 AM
If Brick had declared a year earlier, he'd be a Dolphin.

Mike13
10-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Then we would have no RB.