PDA

View Full Version : Bigger need in Draft....

D-Rock
10-02-2006, 02:20 AM
A pretty good OL or a pretty good LB (that can actually get to the QB when blitzing) ?

I'm tired of seeing the QB get sacked and no running room and tired of seeing Zach Thomas blitz and gets nowhere, he just gets swalled up like a toy.... NEED A LB WITH SIZE AND SPEED... that's my choice...

GoonBoss
10-02-2006, 02:22 AM
A pretty good OL or a pretty good LB (that can actually get to the QB when blitzing) ?

I'm tired of seeing the QB get sacked and no running room and tired of seeing Zach Thomas blitz and gets nowhere, he just gets swalled up like a toy.... NEED A LB WITH SIZE AND SPEED... that's my choice...

Dear god we need OL help. Most problems will be fine when we get an OL

D-Rock
10-02-2006, 02:25 AM
is D'Brickashaw starting for the Jets? and where LT or moved him to LT? and is he doing good

Bpk
10-02-2006, 02:28 AM

Draft Needs (imho)

#1 O-Line!!! (Either a stud LT or stud RG)
#2 True 3-4 Outside LB with Pass Rush skills
#3 ANOTHER O-lineman (Centre this time, which also allows Rex to go to RG or slowly transition from starter at centre to backup for the rookie)
#4 Nickleback or Strong Safety
#5 Quick, very fast shifty runner who can return kicks/punts (bonus if they can be change of pace running back)
#6 Another D-line project.

That's it. Below the 6th round it's all looooong shot projects.

Notice I think we need to do next year what the Jets did this year, draffting two good Olinemen. That seemed to help them a LOT.

dlockz
10-02-2006, 02:29 AM
Draft Needs (imho)

#3 ANOTHER O-lineman (Centre this time, which also allows Rex to go to RG or slowly transition from starter at centre to backup for the rookie)
#5 Quick, very fast shifty runner who can return kicks/punts (bonus if they can be change of pace running back)

No we took that in the fourth this year the long term project that is.

D-Rock
10-02-2006, 02:34 AM
Draft Needs (imho)

Notice I think we need to do next year what the Jets did this year, draffting two good Olinemen. That seemed to help them a LOT.
no way we draft a guard in the first round..... any names some you guys can throw out their to look at in the college level...... True 3-4 Outside LB Pass Rush skills or some nice OTs....

adamprez2003
10-02-2006, 02:39 AM
We draft defense but spend free agency going after oline and pay whatever it takes to get the best. The draft is too much of a crapshoot when it comes to oline (MANDARICH, GALLERY,etc) Its easier drafting LBs and we need oline that can step in rigfht away and not need to spend a year in the weight room

dominizzo
10-02-2006, 03:45 AM
Paul Posluzny

Boomer
10-02-2006, 04:04 AM
Joe Thomas. Wisconsin LT.

And Ferguson IS starting at LT and playing pretty well.

SR 7
10-02-2006, 04:11 AM
We draft defense but spend free agency going after oline and pay whatever it takes to get the best. The draft is too much of a crapshoot when it comes to oline (MANDARICH, GALLERY,etc) Its easier drafting LBs and we need oline that can step in rigfht away and not need to spend a year in the weight room

exactly. Bring in Landry, Merriweather, Woodley, Blades whatevre it may be but a LB/S in the first 2 rounds

KTOWNFINFAN
10-02-2006, 04:58 AM
We need a QB in the first round. We will have a top 5 overall pick so we have to get Quinn or find a way to get Tebow our of FL early. I know he is just a freshman but he is already the best QB in the state of FL. The best OL in football isn't gonna help if the QB holds the ball as long as Danute is holding it.

MiamiDolphins34
10-02-2006, 05:39 AM

Not 1 but several big and speedy LBs who can blitz and cover.

MiamiDolphins34
10-02-2006, 05:40 AM
no way we draft a guard in the first round..... any names some you guys can throw out their to look at in the college level...... True 3-4 Outside LB Pass Rush skills or some nice OTs....

And CBs.

MiamiDolphins34
10-02-2006, 05:44 AM

Not only OL help but LB too.

SarahAnn
10-02-2006, 06:16 AM
O-Line O-Line O-Line... It all starts with the O-Line... Where though does it finish...

Fact is most people know I hate our O-Line, however today the O-Line did not do too badly. Todays loss I place not on the O-Line or the Secondary like I have on the other 2. Todays Loss goes to Culpepper and Mularkey, mostly Mularkey.

Culpepper had ALL DAY to throw, but didnt. There were numerous times he coulda ran for First Downs, but stayed back and threw to someone double covered or out of bounds. I dont care what the Stats say, yardage or not, if your unable to put points on the board you're doing something wrong.

Now... WHAT THE F*** is Mularkey doing? one of our biggest weapons is Ronnie Brown and hes hardely using him. Instead we throw to Marty Drop-a-lot, get sacked, throw a pick, or AT BEST an incompletion... When Mularkey did use him today... HE MADE HIM THROW! Norv Turner was a Better OC here than Mularkey. Our DC also is driving me nuts... Full blitz on second and short? What the heck is that?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/20096780ao6-1.jpg

Boomer
10-02-2006, 06:54 AM
We need a QB in the first round. We will have a top 5 overall pick so we have to get Quinn or find a way to get Tebow our of FL early. I know he is just a freshman but he is already the best QB in the state of FL. The best OL in football isn't gonna help if the QB holds the ball as long as Danute is holding it.

So you're advocating that we should be looking to draft a player who is 2.5 years away from eligibility and who has been used as a gimmick TB?

FLMAO.

JJW1339
10-02-2006, 08:33 AM
I think we need as follows:
1. O-linemen ( 2 guards, 2 tackles,1 center)
2. LB - outside LB with size and speed to blitz.
3. Secondary help
4. Some young Defensive End who can pass rush
New assistant coach
New Offensive Co
New Defensive Co

D-Rock
10-02-2006, 06:29 PM
I think we need as follows:
1. O-linemen ( 2 guards, 2 tackles,1 center)
2. LB - outside LB with size and speed to blitz.
3. Secondary help
4. Some young Defensive End who can pass rush
New assistant coach
New Offensive Co
New Defensive Co
i say give the co-ordinators time to adjust, I'm sure they will be fine..... or Saban wouldn't actively pursue them like he did...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-02-2006, 06:36 PM
Joe Thomas. Wisconsin LT.

And Ferguson IS starting at LT and playing pretty well.
yeah i've been pretty impressed. he had a bad moment yesterday though.

PhinFan0202
10-02-2006, 07:35 PM
Here is the list of what we need in order of most importence.

1. OL- Our line sucks balls and we need to start by drafting Joe Thomas.
2. LB- We need a middle linebacker who can blitz and tackle. The Poz would be my pick for a middle linebacker. An outiside linebacker who could actually make something happen is a must as well. J.T. is a D-end and that's about it so we need someone who can disrupt the backfield.
3. DL- We are old and it's showing. Can't get any pressure at all and have all lost a step.

ChambersWI
10-02-2006, 08:20 PM
we need an offensive lineman.

Luckily, there are 5 really good ones at the top of the boards; Thomas OT from Wisconsin, Blaylock OT/OG from Texas, Brown OT from Penn State, Long OT from Michigan, and Young C from Fresno State. All 5 of them can play guard as well.

next I'd probably go either SS or LB; Tillman and Spragan aren't doing too good as starters.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-02-2006, 08:49 PM
you forgot sam baker, the 2nd best OT in the draft.

Brown42000
10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Levi Brown isn't that bad of an olineman either.

Kev83
10-02-2006, 11:22 PM
If we're talking Defense....
QUENTIN MOSES
or
PATRICK WILLIS

SR 7
10-02-2006, 11:35 PM

Luckily, there are 5 really good ones at the top of the boards; Thomas OT from Wisconsin, Blaylock OT/OG from Texas, Brown OT from Penn State, Long OT from Michigan, and Young C from Fresno State. All 5 of them can play guard as well.

next I'd probably go either SS or LB; Tillman and Spragan aren't doing too good as starters.

very well said. We shoudl go O line, SS, MLB, and OLB in this draft from 1 to 4 in either order doesnt matter

Boomer
10-05-2006, 05:09 AM

When you're looking at OL, you have to consider guys like Arron Sears, who has been dominant as both a pass protector and run blocker and is closing in on R1 as either a LT or a G and Ohio State's Doug Datish who was an OT who replaced Nick Mangold at center and has been dominant.

C-HUCKS
10-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I think we should spend our top thre picks on the OL. Yes they are that bad. I still dont understand why we drafted a safty in the first round instead of an OL. Look at all the good playoff teams, the one thing the have in common is a solid OL.

Roman529
10-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Paul Posluzny

I 2nd that!!!! Nizzo and I think alike.