PDA

View Full Version : looks like Miami will have a top 10 pick

nick1
10-02-2006, 10:11 PM
maybe even a top 5 pick. I'm sick of seeing Miami lose like this, they look horrible so we can look forward to getting a top 10 player at least. so who do you want? give up on Daunte and Harrington and take Quinn? or add another playmaker on defense and take Polesney at LB? Go for a big playmaker in Calvin Johnson? or go with what we need most which is OL?

I vote for the LB from PSU or maybe Merriweather if he goes that high

popularwar
10-02-2006, 10:15 PM
A regular poster here on FH (who I won't mention to avoid drama and keep up with the TOS) had a similar post last season, he guaranteed Miami would have a top 3 pick and everything turned around in a hurry. Of course by the time he said it we were like halfway through the season so your premature post makes me think that there's even more of a possibility of the team getting better.
I put that guy in my sig for a while, a few months actually.

305TillIDie
10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I love Meriweather..great guy, from the U..hes alittle undersized but hes still capable of flying around the field to make plays

i dont see us picking him though..we have alot of needs around the team at the mid-1st round spot..but in a way, he would be a good fit in our Defense IMO

is it any mid-1st round O-Linemans thats coming out?

nick1
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
I love Meriweather..great guy, from the U..hes alittle undersized but hes still capable of flying around the field to make plays

i dont see us picking him though..we have alot of needs around the team at the mid-1st round spot..but in a way, he would be a good fit in our Defense IMO

is it any mid-1st round O-Linemans thats coming out?
Sam Baker from Texas and Levi Brown from PSU both have mid 1st round grades

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-02-2006, 10:44 PM
i can't believe all this talk of us drafting a safety.

Brown42000
10-02-2006, 10:50 PM
They need to draft a Cornerback or a linebacker the oline will be fine next year maybe even the end of this year they will be better.

305TillIDie
10-02-2006, 10:50 PM
OT Joe Thomas is someone to watch also..6'8 :eek:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/rankings/ot.html

adamprez2003
10-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Calvin Johnson would not be a bad pick even though its one of the least needed positions we have. Laron Landry, Brian Brohm, Pozulsny are the only others I have seen last year that impressed me enough to warrant a top five pick but its still too early. Another couple of weeks of play are needed before the order starts solidifying. The problem with drafting offensive linemen is they have more bust potential than any other potential that high. I would rather get our offensive linemen through free agency, but not the bargain basement variety we have been targeting. Lets open up the checkbooks and go after the Hutchinsons and Bentleys. If we're going to draft a lineman than make sure its on the defensive side

RHoffman
10-02-2006, 10:54 PM
you owe it to the franchise to gamble on greatness. That says Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett...however, Miami might assume that the position is solid enough....

which it isn't.

Brown42000
10-02-2006, 10:54 PM
I may be getting ahead of myself but the Fins need to draft Herman Johnson out of LSU in two years he is 6'7 373.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Calvin Johnson would not be a bad pick even though its one of the least needed positions we have. Laron Landry, Brian Brohm, Pozulsny are the only others I have seen last year that impressed me enough to warrant a top five pick but its still too early. Another couple of weeks of play are needed before the order starts solidifying. The problem with drafting offensive linemen is they have more bust potential than any other potential that high. I would rather get our offensive linemen through free agency, but not the bargain basement variety we have been targeting. Lets open up the checkbooks and go after the Hutchinsons and Bentleys. If we're going to draft a lineman than make sure its on the defensive side
posluszny hasn't really played like a top 10 pick at all this year. he's been outplayed by his teammate dan connor.

adamprez2003
10-02-2006, 11:04 PM
I may be getting ahead of myself but the Fins need to draft Herman Johnson out of LSU in two years he is 6'7 373.

Or the QB with the creole or french last name. I heard he's going to be amazing

Kev83
10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
Or the QB with the creole or french last name. I heard he's going to be amazing

Nah, Brian Perriloux is the poor man's wannabe Tebow (minus mass muscles).

Pocoloco
10-02-2006, 11:20 PM
If Quinn is there you take him, best player available

305TillIDie
10-02-2006, 11:25 PM
If Quinn is there you take him, best player availablei dont think the dolphins will actually take a QB with a price tag thats coming with Quinn

nick1
10-02-2006, 11:28 PM
i dont think the dolphins will actually take a QB with a price tag thats coming with Quinn
definitely not, we should go with Jordan Palmer in the 2nd or 3rd, he's very impressive and is Carson's brother

MexDolfan
10-03-2006, 12:30 AM
I don't see another 4-12 season, because even Murlakey is still too busy on tricky plays, this will be a developing season, so i expect a 5-0 closing.

mmikel30
10-03-2006, 12:37 AM
i'm not sold on quinn if there isn't a bad *** linebacker there wothy of the pic go joe thomas 6-8 tackle runs a 5.00 flat..... wide reciver ......not in the first three rounds top needs every position on the o-=line cept right tackle all of our starters are really backups

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-03-2006, 08:06 AM
:yes:

Breed
10-03-2006, 08:35 AM

Both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are far better than Brady Quinn.

Stitches
10-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Both Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are far better than Brady Quinn.

I agree with that for sure. I'd even rather trade down and get Levi Brown than Quinn.

Breed
10-03-2006, 11:13 AM
I agree with that for sure. I'd even rather trade down and get Levi Brown than Quinn.

If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are both on the board when we pick, I'd have a tough time deciding who my pick of choice would be. With that said, anytime you have a chance to get a franchise LT, you take him (a franchise LT is harder to find than a franchise WR). If we do finish with one of the worst records, it would be nice to trade down a couple of spots and still get either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas.

Don't know much about Levi Brown, other than he's projected to go in the middle of the 1st round....

dominizzo
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
is calvin the reellll deeeel

Stitches
10-03-2006, 01:19 PM
If Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas are both on the board when we pick, I'd have a tough time deciding who my pick of choice would be. With that said, anytime you have a chance to get a franchise LT, you take him (a franchise LT is harder to find than a franchise WR). If we do finish with one of the worst records, it would be nice to trade down a couple of spots and still get either Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas.

Don't know much about Levi Brown, other than he's projected to go in the middle of the 1st round....

I'd rather have Thomas than Johnson too, but Brown still looks like he could be a franchise LT too, so gaining extra picks and still filling a hole like that would be great.

NorFlaFin
10-03-2006, 01:26 PM
I see Brady Quinn and Calvin Johnson as co No1 picks.

Else that trade down get more picks, I would like an LT if possible.

T.K.O.
10-03-2006, 01:30 PM
Sam Baker from Texas and Levi Brown from PSU both have mid 1st round grades

Sam Baker is from USC

I think the guy your thinking of is Justin Blaylock from Texas

I really think the Phins could go any posistion besides QB, RB, TE

The absolute last person I want to see sporting a Phin Uni is Calvin Johnson, the kid is Sick

nick1
10-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Sam Baker is from USC

I think the guy your thinking of is Justin Blaylock from Texas

I really think the Phins could go any posistion besides QB, RB, TE

The absolute last person I want to see sporting a Phin Uni is Calvin Johnson, the kid is Sick
correction:D and I agree about Calvin Johnson. I think he is a top 10 WR in the NFL right away

marino1348
10-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Burgess Number 6 more michigan. Don't know where he is expected to go but i think he is going to be a stud

djfresh47
10-06-2006, 12:51 AM

I'm not sold on him on the other hand Calvin Johnson I think is the best prospect who maybe available for the draft. If Brian Brohm could stay healthy for a full season i'd even argue that he's a better prospect than Quinn.

PhinFan0202
10-06-2006, 01:13 PM
We could go a number of ways in the first round. I would say take Joe Thomas first. We could solidify the our linebacking core in the middle with Poz and Crowder. If Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn are available with the pick that we have i say take one of them.

Stitches
10-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I'm not sold on him on the other hand Calvin Johnson I think is the best prospect who maybe available for the draft. If Brian Brohm could stay healthy for a full season i'd even argue that he's a better prospect than Quinn.

Even with his injuries, I think Brohm is a better prospect.

Kdawg954
10-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Man I salivate thinking about a Chambers, Calvin Johnson, Derek Hagan receiving corps (with Wes mixed in there as well of course) . . . however with that being said, we aren't terrible at WR, and have 2 guys in Vick and Gibson with potential on our PS as is . . . if we can get a franchise LT, I think that would be ideal. LT/OL with LB being another strong possibility in the first round. Unless there is an absolute steal in the first round at another position. . . this is the way we need to go.

Prakk
10-06-2006, 02:43 PM
We'll waste it on a QB that we won't have on the roster in 5 years.

Kdawg954
10-06-2006, 04:08 PM
We'll waste it on a QB that we won't have on the roster in 5 years.

God I hope not, if we aren't able to make due with Pep, Joey or Cleo (hell even Vick). . . than something is wrong. I honestly believe one of these guys will be our starter for years to come.

RiderOnTheStorm
10-08-2006, 05:35 AM
Surely Miami cant think about drafting anything other than someone on the o-line in the first? The only way we should think about other positions in the draft is if we address the offensive line in FA and even then we could take some line bods in the later rounds.

SR 7
10-08-2006, 05:38 PM
I say OL, DB, LB are the only options for us

dolfan91
10-09-2006, 09:36 AM
Right now ... Quinn, calvin johnson and adrian peterson are going to be the top 3 picks.. in what order i couldn't tell you ... i have read that joe thomas is closing the gap on the top pick, because he has shown that he is healthy... i also read that thomas is carrying a higher draft grade than ferguson did last year... i feel that if miami picks in the top 2-3 picks that would most certainly have a serious shot at johnson or thomas... i am a believer that johnson would be the most worthy, due to his incredible size speed and hands... he's a faster version of keyshawn johnson... i know miami has chambers, booker, welker and hagen... but WR's like calvin johnson don't come around too often... if johnson is the pick in round #1 .. why not draft a guy like doug free or staley both highly touted OT's from smaller schools.. you don't pass on calvin johnson for a specific need... if miami picks in the top 5-10 than OT could be the pick with guy's like brown and baker on the board... i have to say i hope things fall right when draft time comes around.. it looks like it's going to be exciting this year...

PhinFan0202
10-09-2006, 01:36 PM
Right now ... Quinn, calvin johnson and adrian peterson are going to be the top 3 picks.. in what order i couldn't tell you ... i have read that joe thomas is closing the gap on the top pick, because he has shown that he is healthy... i also read that thomas is carrying a higher draft grade than ferguson did last year... i feel that if miami picks in the top 2-3 picks that would most certainly have a serious shot at johnson or thomas... i am a believer that johnson would be the most worthy, due to his incredible size speed and hands... he's a faster version of keyshawn johnson... i know miami has chambers, booker, welker and hagen... but WR's like calvin johnson don't come around too often... if johnson is the pick in round #1 .. why not draft a guy like doug free or staley both highly touted OT's from smaller schools.. you don't pass on calvin johnson for a specific need... if miami picks in the top 5-10 than OT could be the pick with guy's like brown and baker on the board... i have to say i hope things fall right when draft time comes around.. it looks like it's going to be exciting this year...

I agree that we have to take a shot at Calvin Johnson if he's available. It's not like Chambers is dominating the game lately. Wes Welker seems to be out doing him constently.

Stitches
10-09-2006, 01:46 PM
I agree that we have to take a shot at Calvin Johnson if he's available. It's not like Chambers is dominating the game lately. Wes Welker seems to be out doing him constently.

I agree with CJ even though I like Joe Thomas. But you really shouldn't compare Chambers and Welker. They aren't even close to being covered in the same manner.

PhinFan0202
10-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I agree with CJ even though I like Joe Thomas. But you really shouldn't compare Chambers and Welker. They aren't even close to being covered in the same manner.

You do have a point there. What i'm trying to say about Chambers is that he dosen't show up alot this season. What happened to the guy that was catching 15 balls against Buffalo?

Stitches
10-09-2006, 02:59 PM
You do have a point there. What i'm trying to say about Chambers is that he dosen't show up alot this season. What happened to the guy that was catching 15 balls against Buffalo?

I agree Chambers needs to step up, but the throws his way have to be more accurate too. Everyone on the team needs to improve and step up.

Edit: As much as I think he gets too much credit, Welker is the lone player that doesn't need to step up. Followed closely by Ronnie and JT.

chrome4
10-09-2006, 11:32 PM
1a. Joe Thomas
1b. Laron Landry (trade next years first and this years 3rd.)
2. Manuel Ramirez
Bam o-line and secondary problem solved
LT- Thomas
LG- James
C- Hadnot
RG- Ramirez
RT- Carey

CB- Clements (from FA)
CB- Daniels
CB- W. Allen
S- Landry
S- J. Allen

SR 7
10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
1a. Joe Thomas
1b. Laron Landry (trade next years first and this years 3rd.)
2. Manuel Ramirez
Bam o-line and secondary problem solved
LT- Thomas
LG- James
C- Hadnot
RG- Ramirez
RT- Carey

CB- Clements (from FA)
CB- Daniels
CB- W. Allen
S- Landry
S- J. Allen

dono who ramirez is but woul dlove that althoguh i dont want to give up any picks. I'd love thomas and landry tho!

nick1
10-10-2006, 11:45 AM
man I really want Calvin Johnson but I know we won't get him, even if he's available I think we won't because of bigger needs but Johnson is a beast and is reliable. I really don't think we can rely on any of our WRs outside of Welker to make every catch. and thats a problem

SR 7
10-10-2006, 03:42 PM
man I really want Calvin Johnson but I know we won't get him, even if he's available I think we won't because of bigger needs but Johnson is a beast and is reliable. I really don't think we can rely on any of our WRs outside of Welker to make every catch. and thats a problem

agreed. Wes never drops a pass or fumbles or anything negative. when it happens, its once in every 10 games thing at the least.

Motion
10-10-2006, 03:46 PM

Yeah, Johnson is surefire top 5 pick.

Stitches
10-10-2006, 03:56 PM
agreed. Wes never drops a pass or fumbles or anything negative. when it happens, its once in every 10 games thing at the least.

That's funny, I recall him fumbling a punt return like 2 games ago. And I'm certain he has dropped a pass before.

NorFlaFin
10-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Drafting Calvin Johnson would make Chambers very tradeable.

Motion
10-10-2006, 04:15 PM
What would be the point of that? Drafting Johnson would make Chambers exactly what he should be, the best #2 in the league. Not saying Johnson would immediately be our #1, but it would be pointless to draft a WR in the top 10 and then turn around and trade the top WR on the team.

Stitches
10-10-2006, 04:16 PM

Very tradeable how, have you looked at how that would affect the cap?

DonShula84
10-10-2006, 05:02 PM

That'd be stupid

Phinz4Life
10-10-2006, 06:30 PM
If we end up in the late top 10 or early teens, I'd love for Miami to snag Patrick Willis, but seeing as how he's an ILB, and Crowder taking that spot from ZT in the future (IMO), can Willis be moved to OLB?

FINFAN_4_EVER
10-10-2006, 07:20 PM
Big Joe Thomas in round #1

John Biello
10-10-2006, 08:38 PM
if were in position to draft johnson someone is going to be willing to pay a steep price to move up and get him. we need picks.

Stitches
10-10-2006, 09:34 PM
if were in position to draft johnson someone is going to be willing to pay a steep price to move up and get him. we need picks.

I agree. I think someone would trade up for CJ if were in position to take him with our pick.

PhinsRock
10-14-2006, 01:40 PM
OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL. OL.
PLEASE! We need OL.

TimeGap
10-14-2006, 07:53 PM
We will be picking no later than 6 in Aprils draft.

PhinFan0202
10-14-2006, 08:56 PM
If we pick in the top 6 and Calvin is available you have to draft him. Hopefully we can get a pass rusher in the 2nd like Lamaar Woodley.

SR 7
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
That's funny, I recall him fumbling a punt return like 2 games ago. And I'm certain he has dropped a pass before.

exactly once all year and taht was a bone head decision taht he usually NEVER makes and when ahve you seen himj drop a pass? i dont recall.

SR 7
10-14-2006, 10:20 PM
If we pick in the top 6 and Calvin is available you have to draft him. Hopefully we can get a pass rusher in the 2nd like Lamaar Woodley.

he wont go in the 2nd, he'll go mid teens ala wimbley and susch of last year.

SR 7
10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
If we end up in the late top 10 or early teens, I'd love for Miami to snag Patrick Willis, but seeing as how he's an ILB, and Crowder taking that spot from ZT in the future (IMO), can Willis be moved to OLB?
very good point. I'd like to konw myself unless we laeve C at ROLB and Willis at ILB once ZT leaves and hopefully by then draft/FA a SOLB.

the LB core is very weak this year.

jlfin
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
i dont think the dolphins will actually take a QB with a price tag thats coming with Quinn

Then they will be paying for their shortsightedness for the next 10-15 yrs.
You just don't get many opportunities to draft a good QB. It's a no brainer to draft Quinn.