Oakland over Twins in 5.

Yankees over Oakland in 6.

NL:

Dodgers over Mets in 4.

Padres over Cardinals in 3.

Dodgers over Padres in 7.

World Series:

Yankees over Dodgers in 6.

Of course I'm rooting for the Dodgers and Oakland to win the title, but wouldn't mind the Twins or Padres to win it.

Brown42000
10-02-2006, 10:47 PM
The World Series will be between the Dodgers and Twins.

Jt0323
10-02-2006, 10:48 PM
AL:

Yankees over Tigers in 3

Twins over Oakland in 4

Yankees over Twins in 5.

NL:

Mets over Dodgers in 5

Padres over Cardinals in 4

Mets over Padres in 6

World Series:

Yankees over Mets in 4

Brown42000
10-02-2006, 10:51 PM
The Mets won't make the World Series they don't have enough of pitching.

RWhitney014
10-02-2006, 10:52 PM
My predictions are waiting to be posted.

No matter what happens, I am a Twins fan this October for pretty obvious reasons. Go Luis and Red!

Boik14
10-02-2006, 10:58 PM
AL:

Yankees over Tigers in 3

Oakland over the Twins in 5

Yankees over Oakland in 6

NL:

Mets over Dodgers in 4

Padres over Cardinals in 4

Mets over Padres in 5

World Series:

Mets over Yanks in 6

King Felix
10-02-2006, 11:08 PM
AL Divisional Matchups:

Detroit Tigers vs. New York Yankees

Game 1: Tuesday night at 8:00, FOX
Game 1 Probables: Nate Robertson vs. Chien-Ming Wang

Oakland Athletics vs. Minnesota Twins

Game 1: Tuesday afternoon at 1:00, ESPN
Game 1 Probables: Barry Zito vs. Johan Santana

NL Divisional Matchups:

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. New York Mets

Game 1: Wednesday afternoon at 4:00, ESPN
Game 1 Probables: Derek Lowe vs. Orlando Hernandez

St. Louis Cardinals vs. San Diego Padres

Game 1: Tuesday afternoon at 4:00, ESPN
Game 1 Probables: Chris Carpenter vs. Jake Peavy

good luck to all...daaaaamn that a's twins game is at 10 am pacific time?:eek:

well that sucks

King Felix
10-02-2006, 11:12 PM
AL:
yankees over tigers in 3

twins over a's in 5

yankees over twins in 7

NL:
mets over dodgers in 5

padres over cards in 4

padres over mets in 5

WORLD SERIES
YANKEES OVER PADRES IN 5

MVP:A-ROD

Nappy Roots
10-02-2006, 11:54 PM
go dodgers and the 20 ex-devil rays on the team!

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 12:16 AM
daaaaamn that a's twins game is at 10 am pacific time?:eek:

well that sucks

I think it's 11 P.S.T....

It sucks either way cause I have to go to work. :fire:

djfresh47
10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
ALDS
Tigers over the Yankees in 4, I don't know why i'm going against the Yankees but somebody has to.
A's over Twins in 5, I think this will be a great series. The only thing that would've made it better IMO is Rich Harden 100% healthy and stretched out going against a healthy Liriano in game 2.

ALCS
A's over Tigers in 6,

NLDS
Mets over Dodgers in 4, this is a tough draw and if anyone wants to see another rule that should be abolished it's that if the WC team comes from a division they should be allowed to play a division rival in the DS.

San Diego over St. Louis in 5, I'm tempted to take the Cardinals but I think the Padres pitching pulls through

NLCS
Mets over Padres in 5, I think the Mets are the best team in the NL and will represent them in the WS.

World Series
A's over Mets in 7, I think the A's bust through. Now all these could be wrong but who cares. Like last year the only person that I saw predict the White Sox to beat the Red Sox in the national media was Boston Gammons. If the WS does end up being the A's vs Mets or any WC team vs the Yankees I gurantee that people complain that the games start too late and that's the reason ratings are down, but I don't care i'll watch anyways.

MikeO
10-03-2006, 12:48 AM
I think the Yanks will win it all. Who is the sacraficial lamb from the NL is, who knows.

I will say this, I think AROD will have one moment in this postseason. A big hit. A game-winning hit of some sort. And I think that might make NY a better place for him in the future. He's hitting 6th in the lineup, that helps as well. All he needs is one moment to pretty much shut everyone up.

King Felix
10-03-2006, 12:53 AM
I think it's 11 P.S.T....

It sucks either way cause I have to go to work. :fire:that would be much better....i have school but at about 12:30 to 2 i have a computer class so i can follow on espn.com

Rocky Raccoon
10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
I think the Yanks will win it all. Who is the sacraficial lamb from the NL is, who knows.

I will say this, I think AROD will have one moment in this postseason. A big hit. A game-winning hit of some sort. And I think that might make NY a better place for him in the future. He's hitting 6th in the lineup, that helps as well. All he needs is one moment to pretty much shut everyone up.

if he doesn't get that moment, and struggles again, do you think he gets traded in the offseason?

MikeO
10-03-2006, 01:16 AM
if he doesn't get that moment, and struggles again, do you think he gets traded in the offseason?

1) he has a no trade claus so he can block any trade.

2) only a few teams can afford him and have the players to give up for him. And out of those teams cross off the Mets and Red Sox. And if LAA signs Bonds, cross them off as well.

He might be stuck in NY for at least another year even if he does want out.

3) if he struggles and they win it all, nobody will care and people will get off him anyway.

Dolfan984
10-03-2006, 02:49 AM
GO A's!

Dolfan984
10-03-2006, 03:15 PM
A's up 3-1 in the 9th :D

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
A 1 - 0 series lead after beating Santana. Zito was lights out, Big Hurt was the entire offense and Street made it interesting, like usual, at the end....

I'm not saying ANYTHING. 1 - 0 in a best of 5 means nothing.

woody1351
10-03-2006, 10:04 PM
Cardinals win 5-1, 2 run hr by pujols, carp 7k's 1er, belliard great D on several plays, edmonds good game 1rbi, encarnacion 1 rbi, and yadi molina 1 rbi. Go Cards

Ray Finkle
10-03-2006, 10:41 PM
Not sure I understand Torre's thinking taking Wang out in the 7th with 2 outs, his pitch count at 93 pitches and up by 5.

Anyway the Yankees if/when they win are going to sweep this Tiger team, who have to be in an all time low right now.

djfresh47
10-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Not sure I understand Torre's thinking taking Wang out in the 7th with 2 outs, his pitch count at 93 pitches and up by 5.

Anyway the Yankees if/when they win are going to sweep this Tiger team, who have to be in an all time low right now.

I agree but I don't understand the Tigers going with Robertson in game 1. They knew they were going to be in the postseason and I think they should've set it up for the roaster to go in game 1.

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I agree but I don't understand the Tigers going with Robertson in game 1. They knew they were going to be in the postseason and I think they should've set it up for the roaster to go in game 1.

There was no way in hell Leyland was going to let Rogers go in game one IN New York.

That could have been ugly considering Rogers' stellar track record with the New York fans.

Ray Finkle
10-03-2006, 11:06 PM

I agree. I wouldn't have let Bonderman pitch on Sunday vs. KC. I would have had he pitch Game 1 in the Bronx. Followed by Verlander, Rogers and then Robertson.

djfresh47
10-03-2006, 11:08 PM
There was no way in hell Leyland was going to let Rogers go in game one IN New York.

That could have been ugly considering Rogers' stellar track record with the New York fans.

Alright then atleast Verlander. I don't get starting Robertson in game 1. He had same ERA as the roaster, I haven't looked at how their rotation is setup but i'd think L/R/L/R, they could easily of switched that around and still had Verlander in game 1 going R/L/R/L.

Ray Finkle
10-03-2006, 11:10 PM
Other thoughts for the day:

The Twins have to be in shock that Santana lost today. Now there's added pressure to the staff (who is filled with question marks as it is). The Twins HAVE to win tomorrow's game.

Jake Peavy is a very good young pitcher but he really needed to rebound from his start last year (granted he was hurt in that game) but he didn't pitch well today. SD needs him if they want to go far.

And yes give me Pujols or Jeter at the plate with the game on the lead.

Rocky Raccoon
10-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Other thoughts for the day:

The Twins have to be in shock that Santana lost today. Now there's added pressure to the staff (who is filled with question marks as it is). The Twins HAVE to win tomorrow's game.

Jake Peavy is a very good young pitcher but he really needed to rebound from his start last year (granted he was hurt in that game) but he didn't pitch well today. SD needs him if they want to go far.

And yes give me Pujols or Jeter at the plate with the game on the lead.

with the game on the lead? I think I would use a closer in that situation.

Ray Finkle
10-04-2006, 12:01 AM
with the game on the lead? I think I would use a closer in that situation.

:lol:

So give the ball to Pujols or Jeter then, can't be worse than Timlin was this year.

EDIT: typo meant to say with the game on the line.

Majpain
10-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Twins will win the series. Woo go Twins! Though I was dissapointed in todays game.

djfresh47
10-04-2006, 12:25 AM

So give the ball to Pujols or Jeter then, can't be worse than Timlin was this year.

EDIT: typo meant to say with the game on the line.

I looked at Streets numbers from this season and he had 11 blown saves. He blew almost 1/4 of his saves which is incredible. I caught Pujols HR and I just recall the announcer saying that it could come back to haunt them after Piazza misplayed the fb. Regardless of how bad St. Louis was down the stretch the Tigers had a worse record the last 50 games of the year and actually went with their ace to try to swing the momentum.

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 02:00 AM
I looked at Streets numbers from this season and he had 11 blown saves. He blew almost 1/4 of his saves which is incredible. I caught Pujols HR and I just recall the announcer saying that it could come back to haunt them after Piazza misplayed the fb. Regardless of how bad St. Louis was down the stretch the Tigers had a worse record the last 50 games of the year and actually went with their ace to try to swing the momentum.

Huston has been a "white knuckle" closer all year. I'm hoping it has something to do with the nagging injuries he's had all year.

He tends to make things WAY too interesting for my liking.

Rocky Raccoon
10-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Huston has been a "white knuckle" closer all year. I'm hoping it has something to do with the nagging injuries he's had all year.

He tends to make things WAY too interesting for my liking.

I think injuries are playing a role for him, plus he is very young. I predict a Cy Young for him within the next few years. Once his injuries heal he will be a force again.

Eop05
10-04-2006, 11:52 AM
El Duque out of playoffs.

This just isn't fair for the Mets.

Dolfan984
10-04-2006, 02:44 PM
A's up 2-0 in the top of the 6th. Come on guys make this 2-0 going into Oakland!!!!

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 02:57 PM
E-Lo hangs out back to back homers....

Whole new ballgame.

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Holy ****!!!

Mark Kotsay with an inside the park home run off of Reyes!!!

arsenal
10-04-2006, 03:41 PM
yeah twins might be in soem trouble, you knew this series was gonna be a low scoring pitching duel, but i thought the twins would be winning these pitching matchups... especially this game with how bonser finished the season hot, and loaiza was struggling towards the end

Dolfan984
10-04-2006, 04:13 PM
A's win 5-2 :woot: up 2-0!

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 04:38 PM
Huston Street is not doing a thing to make me trust him...

He makes things too damn interesting.

Ray Finkle
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
Huston Street is not doing a thing to make me trust him...

He makes things too damn interesting.

I agree. Although ditto for Nathan.

Majpain
10-04-2006, 06:39 PM
Wow wasn't expecting the Twins to choke.

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
A's looked good...going back home with 2 in the bag.

UCFinfan86
10-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Anyone know more about what happend with the yankees game? i only caught a second of sportscenter before i had to leave for class and i seen verlander saying he had to warmup and other tiger players were as well adn there was no yankees on the field, it sounded like the teams got told 2 different things

Rocky Raccoon
10-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Anyone know more about what happend with the yankees game? i only caught a second of sportscenter before i had to leave for class and i seen verlander saying he had to warmup and other tiger players were as well adn there was no yankees on the field, it sounded like the teams got told 2 different things
well some believe that the Yankees were told that the game would be cancelled, and the Tigers weren't. Detroit had thought the game would start at 10, so Verlander began warming up and as he continued to they were finally told that the game had been cancelled. I don't think it's really a big deal though.

UCFinfan86
10-05-2006, 10:27 AM
well some believe that the Yankees were told that the game would be cancelled, and the Tigers weren't. Detroit had thought the game would start at 10, so Verlander began warming up and as he continued to they were finally told that the game had been cancelled. I don't think it's really a big deal though.

ohh, ya all i had seen on sportscenter was that someone complaining, can't recall who, i think it was leyland but i cant remember

Boik14
10-05-2006, 10:49 AM
MLB didnt want to start the game at 7 because it was overcast. When it poured they obviosuly couldnt start it then.

djfresh47
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
MLB didnt want to start the game at 7 because it was overcast. When it poured they obviosuly couldnt start it then.

I know it was raining but I think their was supposed to be a break in the rain but MLB did not want to start the game and then be forced to call it and leave both teams short-handed with pitching.

Vertical Limit
10-05-2006, 01:34 PM
hahahaha. A-rod choked on that strikeout. HAHAHAHAHAHA. WOW.. Two 101 MPH fastballs, 1 curveball straight down the middle, caught looking. Wow..

Rocky Raccoon
10-05-2006, 01:38 PM
hahahaha. A-rod choked on that strikeout. HAHAHAHAHAHA. WOW.. Two 101 MPH fastballs, 1 curveball straight down the middle, caught looking. Wow..

Verlander's curve is NASTY. A-Rod choking is to be expected though.

unifiedtheory
10-05-2006, 01:49 PM
Wait...the guy throws him two straight 101 MPH fastballs and then with two strikes throws a HAMMER for strike three and he "choked"?

No one was gonna do anything with the pitches he saw....NO ONE.

Verlander can be nasty. You HAVE to look fastball or you'll be late on it. If he can get his curve over for strikes he's a TOUGH guy to do anything against.

BTW...I'm NOT a Yankees fan. I just find it stunning someone can say he "choked" because he did'nt do anything with what Verlander threw at him.

MikeO
10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Wait...the guy throws him two straight 101 MPH fastballs and then with two strikes throws a HAMMER for strike three and he "choked"?

No one was gonna do anything with the pitches he saw....NO ONE.

Verlander can be nasty. You HAVE to look fastball or you'll be late on it. If he can get his curve over for strikes he's a TOUGH guy to do anything against.

BTW...I'm NOT a Yankees fan. I just find it stunning someone can say he "choked" because he did'nt do anything with what Verlander threw at him.

You don't get it. AROD could get a hit 99 out of 100 times, and he would be considered a "CHOKER" by some because he didn't get a hit that 47th time in the middle when there was a guy on 3rd base with less than 2 outs. That's the type of logic we deal with around here with some.

Let people hang themselves and type what they type. They are laughed at by so many people here its not even funny. IF THEY ONLY KNEW!! Let them ruin their credibility!! That is the funny part! :sidelol:

Nappy Roots
10-05-2006, 01:54 PM
i pretty sure hes joking.....i hope.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2006, 06:23 PM
If the Cardinals win this game today I won't be able to take SD seriously for awhile. The Cards couldn't beat the Bad News Bears over the last 2 weeks of the season and Jeff Weaver is throwing a gem for them right now.

djfresh47
10-05-2006, 07:14 PM
So the Tigers have Verlander ringing it up in triple digits then have Zumaya bringing it in at 103. I'm not going to say A-Rod is a choker or anything like that but if the Yankees win the WS and he does not have a good playoff performance the critics aren't going to go away. I can see Carpenter shutting down a lineup but Jeff Weaver? Forget crushing A-Rod the whole Padres lineup is 0-10 with RISP.

Ray Finkle
10-05-2006, 07:19 PM
So the Tigers have Verlander ringing it up in triple digits then have Zumaya bringing it in at 103. I'm not going to say A-Rod is a choker or anything like that but if the Yankees win the WS and he does not have a good playoff performance the critics aren't going to go away. I can see Carpenter shutting down a lineup but Jeff Weaver? Forget crushing A-Rod the whole Padres lineup is 0-10 with RISP.

Hey people who are going to come in and kill Arod, you better kill Sheffield (batting .125- same as Arod), Cano (.000) and Mussina too.

And I'm not knocking the Yankees with that (because I still think they'll win the series), just pointing out that those other guys shouldn't get a free pass when Arod is getting hammered.

Also SD is pathetic, how can you get shut out by Jeff Weaver?

And Dodger fans, Grady Little is being Grady Little again in the 2006 playoffs already. If there's a big situation in a game don't count on Little coming through.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey people who are going to come in and kill Arod, you better kill Sheffield (batting .125- same as Arod), Cano (.000) and Mussina too.

And I'm not knocking the Yankees with that (because I still think they'll win the series), just pointing out that those other guys shouldn't get a free pass when Arod is getting hammered.

Also SD is pathetic, how can you get shut out by Jeff Weaver?

And Dodger fans, Grady Little is being Grady Little again in the 2006 playoffs already. If there's a big situation in a game don't count on Little coming through.

It's really easy to understand why the guys you mentioned don't get the criticism that A-Rod does. A-Rod gets what he gets from the fans because he's not Derek Jeter. Since A-Rod and Jeter have come up they've always been compared and now that A-Rod can't cut it in big spots like Jeter does, he gets killed. Sheff, Cano, and Moose, they don't have to worry about being compared to Jeter, only A-Rod does!

Boik14
10-06-2006, 10:50 AM
If the Cardinals win this game today I won't be able to take SD seriously for awhile. The Cards couldn't beat the Bad News Bears over the last 2 weeks of the season and Jeff Weaver is throwing a gem for them right now. And people thought the mets had problems? Jeff weaver as a #2 starter!!??!? In a playoff series? Oh my. I cant stop LOL'ing. :D

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 11:54 AM
And people thought the mets had problems? Jeff weaver as a #2 starter!!??!? In a playoff series? Oh my. I cant stop LOL'ing. :D

It just shows how terrible the NL is...

Alex44
10-06-2006, 12:06 PM
It just shows how terrible the NL is...

All I know is if you beat the Twins (and its looking like you will) and the Yankees make it past Detroit you better beat them :lol: I hate the Yankees

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 03:00 PM
I wonder....which Danny Hsaren shows up today?

The 8 IP, 4 Hits, 1 ER, 6 K, 0 BB Danny Haren?

Or the 4 IP, 9 Hits, 6 ER, 2 K, 3 BB Danny Haren...

There is no in between with the guy.

Ray Finkle
10-06-2006, 07:06 PM
Well finally the A's won't be labeled as chokers (and I guess Billy Beane gets to keep his job too).

A's are on a roll right now and have their pitching lined up for the ALCS right now. I'm just worried about Street. He hasn't been dominating at all in these 3 games, I think he still has a tired arm.

This leaves a bad taste in the Twins mouths for sure. They were the hottest team in baseball and ended up losing 2 games in the Dome and never recovered.

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, well, well.....

I guess they aren't "chokers" after all.

Wait a minute, with only 3 players that were on the team the last time they made the playoffs how exactly were they chokers to begin with?

I agree with Ray Finkle, I am really worried about Street. He is giving up a LOT of hits and leaving it over the plate too much for my liking. I'm also worried about the long term impact of Mark Ellis' injury. The guy is NAILS in the field (and he should win the gold glove at 2nd base this year).

I hope today gets Chavvy and Milton out of their hitting slumps.

Anyway...on to the ALCS.

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 07:13 PM
One more thing...
Marco........................Scutaro!!!!

icephinfan
10-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Twins choked!!!!!

dob72
10-06-2006, 11:11 PM
i see a A's-Mets world series

Rocky Raccoon
10-06-2006, 11:12 PM
Kenny Rogers....Kenny ****in' Rogers!

dob72
10-06-2006, 11:17 PM
who do the chokees got next Jaret Wright LOL

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 11:26 PM
Kenny Rogers....Kenny ****in' Rogers!

He was NAILS tonight. He was dealing that curve.

Rocky Raccoon
10-06-2006, 11:38 PM
He was NAILS tonight. He was dealing that curve.

:yes:

and congrats to you and your A's...and good luck in the next round! :up:

MikeO
10-06-2006, 11:44 PM
Lirano could be moved to the bullpen next year too (when he is healthy). There is talk of that. The Twins might have thrown his arm out this year. Hunter could be gone. That team is a mess heading into the offseason.

Alex44
10-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Twins choked!!!!!

IMO

They spent so much energy just trying to get to the postseason that once they were there, there wasnt all that much left in the tank.

Even if thats not true, still have to hand it to the A's they played well

MikeO
10-06-2006, 11:59 PM
Twins choked!!!!!

the word "CHOKED" gets thrown around way too often. As does the word "CLUTCH".

Seriously, Minnesota making the playoffs on the back of 1 pitcher the last half of the season isn't choking. Winning over 90 games isn't choking.

Ray Finkle
10-07-2006, 01:03 AM
Lirano could be moved to the bullpen next year too (when he is healthy). There is talk of that. The Twins might have thrown his arm out this year. Hunter could be gone. That team is a mess heading into the offseason.

I agree. I think a lot of these teams if not all 8 playoff teams could be in trouble next year as well as a lot of teams that didn't even make the playoffs. The FA market is very thin, even worse than last year if that's even possible. Teams will have to reach into their farms and play the kids if they can't land a big name in the market either by trade or FA.

icephinfan
10-07-2006, 02:52 AM
the word "CHOKED" gets thrown around way too often. As does the word "CLUTCH".

Seriously, Minnesota making the playoffs on the back of 1 pitcher the last half of the season isn't choking. Winning over 90 games isn't choking.

Oh please, they choked in the series. I said nothing about the season.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 03:08 AM

and congrats to you and your A's...and good luck in the next round! :up:
To be honest, just seeing them in the playoffs is enough for me. Winning a round is ****ing STELLAR!

My teams (A's, Bruins, Dolphins) have not done a whole hell of a lot in the playoffs the last decade so this is great stuff.

It's great to have something to cheer about AFTER the season is over.

The ALCS is going to be tough regardless. They either get to navigate the Yankees lineup or have to face that Tigers pitching staff that looks tough right now.

The A's get to set up their staff while they wait. Zito gets the ball in game one but after that it is a bit of a mystery. I'm HOPING they go to Harden in game 2. They stretched him out to 95 pitches in his last start so he should be able to give them 6+.

Street scares me right now though...I'd like to see "The Duke" close out games....I trust him. Huston will be okay but I think the injuries this year are still affecting him...

Damn, it is GREAT to be talking about my team this time of year! :lol:

Dolfan984
10-07-2006, 03:20 AM
:woot: Sweep!

finswin56
10-07-2006, 08:01 AM
He was NAILS tonight. He was dealing that curve.Filthy. The break on that thing could be measured by the foot.

The A's looked great! They'll put up a huge fight no matter who they play in the ALCS. I don't get the talk about Twin choking :shakeno:

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Filthy. The break on that thing could be measured by the foot.

The A's looked great! They'll put up a huge fight no matter who they play in the ALCS. I don't get the talk about Twin choking :shakeno:

I don't either. Like MikeO said, choke is a word thrown around a lot.

When a team makes the playoffs your season is considered a success, unless your'e the Yankees. I don't say that as an insult to the Yankees. They just have a different view of the World then any other team.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 10:02 AM
I agree. I think a lot of these teams if not all 8 playoff teams could be in trouble next year as well as a lot of teams that didn't even make the playoffs. The FA market is very thin, even worse than last year if that's even possible. Teams will have to reach into their farms and play the kids if they can't land a big name in the market either by trade or FA.

I totally disagree!!

Except for Minny, none of these teams are in trouble. Oakland will lose Zito but they have young arms to replace him and do good enough. NY will lose Sheff and maybe AROD but they will be ok. AROD will bring a lot back in return as well. Detroit has 3 young outstanding arms, they are fine.

Mets look ok, they will add a pitcher or two. SD, LA....in that division have little to worry about. And St.Louis still has one of the 2 best players in the game. They are ok.

And teams like Detroit, NYY, Minnesota.....all went to their farm systems this year and loast year and had no problems finding players to fit in and contribute

MikeO
10-07-2006, 10:04 AM
I don't either. Like MikeO said, choke is a word thrown around a lot.

When a team makes the playoffs your season is considered a success, unless your'e the Yankees. I don't say that as an insult to the Yankees. They just have a different view of the World then any other team.

Losing in a 5 game series isn't choking. I don't care if its the Twins, Dodgers, Yanks....etc. In a short series anything can happen. Just making it that far shows you haven't choked!!

The 2004 Yanks, that's choking! Sure. But I don't see winning the division then an early exit from the playoffs as choking. I'm sorry.

Ray Finkle
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
I totally disagree!!

Except for Minny, none of these teams are in trouble. Oakland will lose Zito but they have young arms to replace him and do good enough. NY will lose Sheff and maybe AROD but they will be ok. AROD will bring a lot back in return as well. Detroit has 3 young outstanding arms, they are fine.

Mets look ok, they will add a pitcher or two. SD, LA....in that division have little to worry about. And St.Louis still has one of the 2 best players in the game. They are ok.

And teams like Detroit, NYY, Minnesota.....all went to their farm systems this year and loast year and had no problems finding players to fit in and contribute

Here's my opinion on what these teams need:

St. Louis needs a 2nd basemen, CFer and more pitching next year. Yes they have Carpenter but Mulder, Marquis, and Suppan are all FAs. They also need to build up their pen because they have been terrible.

Mets- starting pitching, LFer (depends on Milledge) and a 2nd baseman. I know Valentine played well this year but I don't think he's an everyday 2nd baseman. Plus why not try to upgrade there?

LAD probably needs the least amount of work because their farm is so strong. Nomar, Lofton and Lugo will be gone but they still need to add another starter (I'm not sure if Maddux is gone or not but even so they still need to add). They need to decide what they want to do with Gagne.

SD- more starting pitching and a 3rd baseman. Their pen seems set.

Oakland needs to resign Thomas and probably could get a 1st baseman (moving Swisher to LF) or sign a power hitting corner OFer to help their offense. Their pen is pretty good and their starters are set even without Zito.

NYY- need more pitching both starting and relief, their offense is set even if they trade Arod and let Sheffield go. Although they might want to sign a 1st baseman if they let Sheffield walk. Put Giambi as DH. Do they let Mussina walk?

Minnesota- Might need a CFer if they let Hunter walk. Also I believe White and Shannon Stewart are a FA. Maybe get a 3rd basemen too. But the Twins have young pitchers that can be put into the rotation when Radke retires.

DET- You're right they probably won't touch the team but I'm sure they'd love to add a real 1st basemen or Soriano or Lee.

Non-playoff teams:

LAA- need a big bat. Lee or Soriano? Arod, Manny? Nomar to play 1st maybe?

Boston- I won't even go there they need tons of work.

Blue Jays- SS, and pitching.

Phillies- 3B, bullpen

Astros- some big bats

White Sox- LFer, CFer

Cleveland- 2B, 3B (if Marte isn't ready) corner OF, bullpen, closer, maybe another starter

Marlins- CFer, maybe even a C (word is they're going to let Olivo walk- too much money), maybe a 1st baseman if they let Jacobs go in a trade. Bullpen help.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Here's my opinion on what these teams need:

Oakland needs to resign Thomas and probably could get a 1st baseman (moving Swisher to LF) or sign a power hitting corner OFer to help their offense. Their pen is pretty good and their starters are set even without Zito.

I'm beginning to think that Swisher is staying at first base. Ron Washington has turned him into a pretty good first baseman in a year. Remember, Eric Chavez was horrible defensivly and Wash turned him into a gold glover.

Dan Johnson is not the answer at first (or at least it looks that way). I think Swisher stays at first until Daric Barton is ready for the bigs.

They NEED to resign Frank Thomas. He gave them something they have not had since Giambi left.

Zito is a goner. The staff is ok though. If Harden stays in one piece he's #1, and Haren and Blanton are getting better. Loaiza is inconsistent but a decent end of the rotation guy. I don't know what they do with the #5 spot though.

The #5 guy could turn out to be Joe Kennedy. He has been a starter in the past and would give them a lefty starter. Dan Meyer could win the job. He needs to produce and stay healthy next spring. Another option is Jason Windsor, he started a few games this year.

One thing I'm looking for is Mark Mulder. No one is going to give him big dollars this offseason. He'll end up signing somewhere for a low base, incentive laden, one year deal. That destination could be Oakland. If not Oakland then he'll be a Met because of his Rich Peterson connections.

One thing I do know is the Angels will be tough next year. It's all but given they add a bat, or two this offseason.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 02:41 PM
Losing in a 5 game series isn't choking. I don't care if its the Twins, Dodgers, Yanks....etc. In a short series anything can happen. Just making it that far shows you haven't choked!!

The 2004 Yanks, that's choking! Sure. But I don't see winning the division then an early exit from the playoffs as choking. I'm sorry.
I totally agree with you...

That being said, for the last 2 years your mantra was "the A's are a bunch of chokers". Why did you call them "chokers" when they did exactly what you said ISN'T choking?

Ray Finkle
10-07-2006, 02:46 PM
I'm beginning to think that Swisher is staying at first base. Ron Washington has turned him into a pretty good first baseman in a year. Remember, Eric Chavez was horrible defensivly and Wash turned him into a gold glover.

Dan Johnson is not the answer at first (or at least it looks that way). I think Swisher stays at first until Daric Barton is ready for the bigs.

They NEED to resign Frank Thomas. He gave them something they have not had since Giambi left.

Zito is a goner. The staff is ok though. If Harden stays in one piece he's #1, and Haren and Blanton are getting better. Loaiza is inconsistent but a decent end of the rotation guy. I don't know what they do with the #5 spot though.

The #5 guy could turn out to be Joe Kennedy. He has been a starter in the past and would give them a lefty starter. Dan Meyer could win the job. He needs to produce and stay healthy next spring. Another option is Jason Windsor, he started a few games this year.

One thing I'm looking for is Mark Mulder. No one is going to give him big dollars this offseason. He'll end up signing somewhere for a low base, incentive laden, one year deal. That destination could be Oakland. If not Oakland then he'll be a Met because of his Rich Peterson connections.

One thing I do know is the Angels will be tough next year. It's all but given they add a bat, or two this offseason.

I still say Oakland needs to add a power hitting LFer then. Payton is a nice player but he's not a long term answer, in my opinion.

Mulder is an interesting thought but St. Louis is trying to talk to him about an extension. I'm not sure Mulder would sign a 1 year deal.

Thomas was offered a contract for rumored up to 15 million in bonuses etc but he said he wants to wait until he hits the market (aka he'll go to whatever team offers him the most money, which is sad because Oakland has given him a new life when no one else wanted him and the guy has made over 100 million so why not take Oakland's deal and reward them?)

LAA is going to be very tough next year because they'll have a healthy Colon (maybe), Lackey (who has turned into a good #2), Santana (who is getting better with age), Escobar (decent 4 pitcher). If they add a big bat to go along with Vladdy, Rivera and Anderson (moving him to DH will help his career and numbers). They won't go away as easy as they did this year.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I still say Oakland needs to add a power hitting LFer then. Payton is a nice player but he's not a long term answer, in my opinion.

Mulder is an interesting thought but St. Louis is trying to talk to him about an extension. I'm not sure Mulder would sign a 1 year deal.

Thomas was offered a contract for rumored up to 15 million in bonuses etc but he said he wants to wait until he hits the market (aka he'll go to whatever team offers him the most money, which is sad because Oakland has given him a new life when no one else wanted him and the guy has made over 100 million so why not take Oakland's deal and reward them?)

LAA is going to be very tough next year because they'll have a healthy Colon (maybe), Lackey (who has turned into a good #2), Santana (who is getting better with age), Escobar (decent 4 pitcher). If they add a big bat to go along with Vladdy, Rivera and Anderson (moving him to DH will help his career and numbers). They won't go away as easy as they did this year.
I totally agree about needing some power in the outfield. I love Jay Payton, like you said, he's not the answer. The issue is power hitting corner outfielders cost a LOT of money and the A's are not exactly going to be throwing around cash in the offseason.

Frank needs to remember how he felt when the White Sox tossed him aside. That is exactly what he'd be doing to the A's if he walked for the most money. I know that is a little simplistic and naive...LOL!

The Angels will ne a horror show next year. It will take 95-98 wins to take the West in '07.

Roman529
10-07-2006, 04:00 PM
St Louis is gonna choke. :lol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-07-2006, 04:01 PM
St Louis is gonna choke. :lol:

Remind you of a team you root for????:rolleyes:

Roman529
10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Remind you of a team you root for????:rolleyes:

That was a low blow NJ. :boohoo:

NJFINSFAN1
10-07-2006, 04:07 PM
That was a low blow NJ. :boohoo:

Sorry, it slipped out!!!:lol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Its way back, ohhhhhhhh babyyyyyyyyy

1-0 Tigers!

NJFINSFAN1
10-07-2006, 04:56 PM
it's way backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Good bye!!!!!

3-0 Tigers!!

finswin56
10-07-2006, 05:21 PM
it's way backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Good bye!!!!!

3-0 Tigers!!:evil: nice

CirclingWagons
10-07-2006, 05:33 PM
wow...and A-Rod's error opens the door for another run...He's a dead man in NY

dob72
10-07-2006, 05:41 PM
i guess the highest payroll in sports history isn't enough LMFAO

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 06:07 PM
This is showing what happens when you build a team around hitting and have pitching as an after thought.

The Yankees need to take a step back and say "we need arms" and do something about it.

Trading A-Rod will bring good return and could help their pitching.

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 06:10 PM
This is showing what happens when you build a team around hitting and have pitching as an after thought.

The Yankees need to take a step back and say "we need arms" and do something about it.

Trade? I seriously doubt there is another team that can afford him. The Yanks brought this on...they have traded EVERY good young arm they had, aquired every all-star that wasnt under contract and this is what they have....

dob72
10-07-2006, 06:11 PM
well there goes the no hitter dang

dob72
10-07-2006, 06:13 PM

i bet they sign zito to a 100 mill contract

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 06:16 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:sidelol: :sidelol:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 06:16 PM
If the Tigers go on and win this game and it looks like they will are people still going to say the "Yankees are buying championships?" I'm still wondering why no Giambi in the lineup.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 06:18 PM
Trade? I seriously doubt there is another team that can afford him. The Yanks brought this on...they have traded EVERY good young arm they had, aquired every all-star that wasnt under contract and this is what they have....
The Rangers are paying $8 million of A-Rod's salary per year. If the Yankees take on say $5 million of that, all of a sudden A-Rod is making $12 million a year.

A $12 million dollar a year A-Rod is VERY tradable. In fact, almost any team in baseball would take that on, after all the guy is good for .300, 35 HR, 120 RBI's every year. Someone will go after him and move him back to short.

The guy is one of the 3 best players of this generation. The blame game is stunning. It's a case of fans and media blaming everything wrong with a team on one guy....sounds a lot like what Dolphin fans are doing around here.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 06:19 PM

I bet the Padres give Zito a good enough offer that he turns that down.

Zito is a west coast guy. He'll be a Padre or a Dodger in my opinion.

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 06:24 PM
The Rangers are paying $8 million of A-Rod's salary per year. If the Yankees take on say $5 million of that, all of a sudden A-Rod is making $12 million a year.

A $12 million dollar a year A-Rod is VERY tradable. In fact, almost any team in baseball would take that on, after all the guy is good for .300, 35 HR, 120 RBI's every year. Someone will go after him and move him back to short.

The guy is one of the 3 best players of this generation. The blame game is stunning. It's a case of fans and media blaming everything wrong with a team on one guy....sounds a lot like what Dolphin fans are doing around here.

12 mill a year. Bet the D-backs are waaaay out of that race. In fact, I would be surprised if our infield makes that.
One of the 3 best? I have been hearing hype since he was traded to the Rangers....still dont believe it. He also has a TON of errors and just seems to mentally lose it when it counts most.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 06:25 PM

If he is moved it'll be interesting to see where he plays. I think he should probably go back to SS.

Alex44
10-07-2006, 06:29 PM

Dont get me wrong I think A-Rod is an amazing player, but he deserves some of the blame he gets.

When your the highest payed player in the game you better be more clutch.

dob72
10-07-2006, 06:31 PM
a's vs tigers should be good but i think the tigers could go on a white sox like run now

dob72
10-07-2006, 06:32 PM
Dont get me wrong I think A-Rod is an amazing player, but he deserves some of the blame he gets.

When your the highest payed player in the game you better be more clutch.
he has a .077 avg for the series with no rbi's or runs scored

Alex44
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM
he has a .077 avg for the series with no rbi's or runs scored

Exactly my point.

For 8 innings a game 162 games a year you have the best player in baseball on your team, but come the 9th inning of a close game or playoff time he disappears

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Exactly my point.

For 8 innings a game 162 games a year you have the best player in baseball on your team, but come the 9th inning of a close game or playoff time he disappears

C'mon. He has the third most errors for a third baseman in the bigs. I know he started as a Shortstop...but show me a thirdbasman in the bigs that didnt.....:shakeno:

Alex44
10-07-2006, 06:56 PM
C'mon. He has the third most errors for a third baseman in the bigs. I know he started as a Shortstop...but show me a thirdbasman in the bigs that didnt.....:shakeno:

He was a good shortstop though, and on 99% of other teams he would be playing shortstop anyway so thats how I judge him

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 07:13 PM
He was a good shortstop though, and on 99% of other teams he would be playing shortstop anyway so thats how I judge him

Fair enough, but to judge him as being one of the best players of our generation isnt realistic IMO.

The D-backs have a shortstop that I would take over A-rod anyday. Steven Drew (Yes he has two brothers in the bigs) might not have the serious numbers, but he will be very solid at SS and at the plate.
Another I would take over A-Rod is Kalil Green of the Padres...at 10% of the price....

Vertical Limit
10-07-2006, 07:26 PM
Alex Rodriguez = Choker = Peyton Manning of postseason baseball.

This series: 1-14 , .071 average. Just dispicable.

DonShula84
10-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Fair enough, but to judge him as being one of the best players of our generation isnt realistic IMO.

The D-backs have a shortstop that I would take over A-rod anyday. Steven Drew (Yes he has two brothers in the bigs) might not have the serious numbers, but he will be very solid at SS and at the plate.
Another I would take over A-Rod is Kalil Green of the Padres...at 10% of the price....

His offensive numbers make it so he is judged as one of the best players of our generation, along with his contract. How he is in the field doesnt really matter all that much.

Grats Tigers btw, should be a good series in Oakland.

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
His offensive numbers make it so he is judged as one of the best players of our generation, along with his contract. How he is in the field doesnt really matter all that much.

Grats Tigers btw, should be a good series in Oakland.

Sorry, numbers alone dont do it. There are a dozen guys I would take in front of him for Offensive numbers alone. All of them are making a percentage of what he is. Seems like he is pretty good at smacking in runs when his team is ahead by 2 or 3 runs.

My arguement is that there are not going to be (m)any takers for his exploded salary with what he has done to date.

For me to say that the Yankees demise is A-Rod would be incorrect on my part, but to say he is one of the best players of our generation is also incorrect IMO of course.

dob72
10-07-2006, 07:47 PM
A-Rod By The Numbers

1-14
0.71 AVG
0 RBI
0 Runs
1 2 OUT ERROR that leads to a run
$25,680,727.00

Roman529
10-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Mets and Tigers would be a good World Series.

ChambersWI
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
A-Rod By The Numbers

1-14
0.71 AVG
0 RBI
0 Runs
1 2 OUT ERROR that leads to a run
$25,680,727.00

to be fair to A-Rod, that error was Sheffield's fault. It was not a good throw, but Craig Wilson, or Giambi would have made it.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
A-Rod was bad but I the whole Yankees team was shutdown. Bondermen and the Roaster were dealing and the Yankees didn't have the pitching. For being proclaimed the best lineup ever by some analysts the Yankees were shutdown. I don't get starting Melky over Giambi. It'll be interesting to see if Torre is back next season.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 08:43 PM
A-Rod was bad but I the whole Yankees team was shutdown. Bondermen and the Roaster were dealing and the Yankees didn't have the pitching. For being proclaimed the best lineup ever by some analysts the Yankees were shutdown. I don't get starting Melky over Giambi. It'll be interesting to see if Torre is back next season.

You can make a case Melky should have been playing every game this series.

If Giambi is hurt as bad as they say last week, then he shouldn't have played much at all. Only DH. Sheff playing the field at 1b was a bad decision

MikeO
10-07-2006, 08:45 PM
I totally agree with you...

That being said, for the last 2 years your mantra was "the A's are a bunch of chokers". Why did you call them "chokers" when they did exactly what you said ISN'T choking?

When your up 2-0 vs NY in 2001. And 2-0 vs Boston in 2004.....in a 5 game series and then LOSE!! That is choking. Im sorry.

Losing in a 5 game series isn't choking. until blow a 2-0 lead in that series, then it becomes choking!!

(and i know I know it isn't the same players your gonna say, but Boston lost for 86 years and had abotu 2,000 different players in that time span but the label sticks with the franchise until they get over the hump)

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 08:59 PM
You can make a case Melky should have been playing every game this series.

If Giambi is hurt as bad as they say last week, then he shouldn't have played much at all. Only DH. Sheff playing the field at 1b was a bad decision

I think they should've taken their chance with Giambi. Something has to change with the Yankees whether it's Torre or Cashman or possibly both. The Yankees were the overwhelming favorite to win it all this year but they just didn't have the arms. The Yankees have a different standard, teams like Oakland and Minnesota consider their season a success for making the playoffs while the Yankees have to win a championship or their season is a failure.

RWhitney014
10-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Yanks are at a crossroads now, though. What do they do to become better? The only impact player that would fit somewhere is Zito, but I still don't think he's Apple-bound.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 09:28 PM
I think they should've taken their chance with Giambi. Something has to change with the Yankees whether it's Torre or Cashman or possibly both. The Yankees were the overwhelming favorite to win it all this year but they just didn't have the arms. The Yankees have a different standard, teams like Oakland and Minnesota consider their season a success for making the playoffs while the Yankees have to win a championship or their season is a failure.

Cashman isn't going anywhere. They just re-signed him last year to a huge deal. Plus he is doing a fine job re-building/re-loading. Cashman went into this year, of course wanting to win it all, but also to try and get younger. With Wang, Cano, and Melky he has some piece to build around.

Look for some old parts (Bernie, Sheff, and Posada if he can find a taker) to be gone. Look for the Andy Phillips and other young stars to get more playing time next year.

And the Yankees aren't the ONLY team that have a "win it all or its a failure" type of mentality. Boston, Mets, Cardinals all have the same mentality at this point in time. That isn't a thing "exclusive" to NY.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Yanks are at a crossroads now, though. What do they do to become better? The only impact player that would fit somewhere is Zito, but I still don't think he's Apple-bound.

It's not that much of a crossroads. You need 4 OF's these days. Matsui, Damon, Abreu with Melky as the 4th.

Giambi at 1B is going noplace. Cano and Jeter are set.

They have a decision on AROD. The bullpen isn't a huge issue. Proctor and Bruney look fine. Farnsworth isn't going anyplace and Mo.

It comes down to starting pitching and AROD. Those are really the ONLY 2 places that need attention.

Alex44
10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Cashman isn't going anywhere. They just re-signed him last year to a huge deal. Plus he is doing a fine job re-building/re-loading. Cashman went into this year, of course wanting to win it all, but also to try and get younger. With Wang, Cano, and Melky he has some piece to bild around.

Look for some old parts (Bernie, Sheff, and Posada if he can find a taker) to be gone. Look for the Andy Phillips and other young stars to get more playing time next year.

And the Yankees aren't the ONLY team that have a "win it all or its a failure" type of mentality. Boston, Mets, Cardinals all have the same mentality at this point in time. That isn't a thing "exclusive" to NY.

Your right about that, but I find it funny that of the four teams you named 2 are in NY and Boston is in the same region :lol:

Alex44
10-07-2006, 09:32 PM
As much as The Yankees need to adress pitching, with that lineup filled with all those big hitters and potential 100+ RBI players, they need to be scoring more than 3 runs a game.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 09:34 PM
Your right about that, but I find it funny that of the four teams you named 2 are in NY and Boston is in the same region :lol:

Look, its not rocket science. You put out a good product. You run a smart business. You make money. The more money you make, the more money you can spend on players!!! The bigger the city your in the more money you can make. Nobody has ever said otherwise.

My whole point when it comes to salary cap and stuff is. The KC Royals were in the 1985 world series and they sold out games all year that year. Why?? THE TEAM WAS A WINNER!!!!!!!! To make money, an owner must spend money and put out a winner!! If that team won games, people would show. Hence, they make a profit. Of course they will NEVER make as much of a profit as NY, Boston, LA...etc. But they get no sympathy by sitting around and doing nothing!

If you spend money and win. You will make a profit.

If you do nothing and spend no money, of course you will not turn a profit. And ya shouldn't get "corporate welfare" handouts from the teams that do run a business correctly. And if your an owner who can't afford to run a team the right way, sell it!

MikeO
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
As much as The Yankees need to adress pitching, with that lineup filled with all those big hitters and potential 100+ RBI players, they need to be scoring more than 3 runs a game.

good pitching always wins out. When your giving up 8 runs no offense can expect to keep up.

Tigers have better starting pitching than the Yanks. Bonderman and Verlander are great. Rogers had the game of his life. Robertson isn't half bad either. Deeper and better starting pitching!

MikeO
10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Detroit-Oakland will come down to bullpen and closers. So, I give the slight edge to DETROIT.

Although if Detroit doesn't take more pitches and if they swing at everything, then Oakland could blow through them easily.

Offensivly both teams are about equal. Slight edge to Oakland. Very slight.

I see this as a 6 or 7 game series. I give the edge to Detroit. But its very close. VERY CLOSE!!

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Detroit-Oakland will come down to bullpen and closers. So, I give the slight edge to DETROIT.

Although if Detroit doesn't take more pitches and if they swing at everything, then Oakland could blow through them easily.

Offensivly both teams are about equal. Slight edge to Oakland. Very slight.

I see this as a 6 or 7 game series. I give the edge to Detroit. But its very close. VERY CLOSE!!

That's pretty much exactly how I look at it to...

If Huston Street was right I'd say the bullpens are even but there is something wrong with him.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 10:58 PM
I predicted Oakland would win it all and i'm sticking by that. They should be able to match the pitching of the Tigers. If the rotations stay the same and I see no reason why they wouldn't I wanna see Harden vs Bondermen in a matchup of two very good young arms. I'm not sold on either teams bullpens. Zumaya is filthy but I wouldn't trust Rodney or Jones. Should be a very close series.

RWhitney014
10-07-2006, 11:04 PM
It's not that much of a crossroads. You need 4 OF's these days. Matsui, Damon, Abreu with Melky as the 4th.

Giambi at 1B is going noplace. Cano and Jeter are set.

They have a decision on AROD. The bullpen isn't a huge issue. Proctor and Bruney look fine. Farnsworth isn't going anyplace and Mo.

It comes down to starting pitching and AROD. Those are really the ONLY 2 places that need attention.

The New York Yankees are going to sit on a bullpen of Brian Bruney, Scott Proctor, and Kyle Farnsworth leading up to Mo and be satisfied with that?

But point taken, and here's the response:

When your two issues are your entire starting rotation minus one (Wang) and the highest-paid, most-polarizing figure in the entire game, they're not something to brush aside as "the only two things". Those are two huge issues. A small issue would be having a hole in left field with a need to add 30 HR/100 RBI to the lineup, because you go out and sign Carlos Lee to a 5/$75 deal and you're done with it.

Ken Rosenthal on the telecast said that teams are already interested in A-Rod, including the Angels, Cubs, Dodgers, and...Marlins. I've told you guys before that Florida is always in on these deals, and you can bet that if there's anyway A-Rod comes available, the Marlins will look into it because they've got the commodity the Yankees want: young starting pitching. Not that I want to trade Willis, but a deal would likely revolve around him. Considering the Rangers pay approximately $10-12 million of that every year, should the Yanks pick up about $5-6 more of it and the Marlins give up Willis for him, the salaries are nearly equal. Food for thought, not saying it will or should happen, but A-Rod would probably love to play in Florida. It's home, no pressure, good young team, blah blah blah.

Roman529
10-07-2006, 11:08 PM
The New York Yankees are going to sit on a bullpen of Brian Bruney, Scott Proctor, and Kyle Farnsworth leading up to Mo and be satisfied with that?

But point taken, and here's the response:

When your two issues are your entire starting rotation minus one (Wang) and the highest-paid, most-polarizing figure in the entire game, they're not something to brush aside as "the only two things". Those are two huge issues. A small issue would be having a hole in left field with a need to add 30 HR/100 RBI to the lineup, because you go out and sign Carlos Lee to a 5/$75 deal and you're done with it.

Ken Rosenthal on the telecast said that teams are already interested in A-Rod, including the Angels, Cubs, Dodgers, and...Marlins. I've told you guys before that Florida is always in on these deals, and you can bet that if there's anyway A-Rod comes available, the Marlins will look into it because they've got the commodity the Yankees want: young starting pitching. Not that I want to trade Willis, but a deal would likely revolve around him. Considering the Rangers pay approximately $10-12 million of that every year, should the Yanks pick up about $5-6 more of it and the Marlins give up Willis for him, the salaries are nearly equal. Food for thought, not saying it will or should happen, but A-Rod would probably love to play in Florida. It's home, no pressure, good young team, blah blah blah.

A-Rod wants to be close to Puerto Rico. I don't see him coming back in New York.

MikeO
10-07-2006, 11:31 PM

If you want AROD it will take more than just Willis. Try having to throw in Miggy Cabera as well. AROD is gonna break the all time home run record and will knock 50 home runs and 140 RBI's on a consistent basis.

And playing in front of NOBODY in South Florida he might have some super monster years with no pressure and no demands from a lackluster fan base!!

Willis-AROD ain't happening. It's gonna take more on Florida's part.

WharfRat
10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Mets and Tigers would be a good World Series.

Anybody but the Yankees or Braves....

MikeO
10-07-2006, 11:37 PM

Anybody but the Yankees or Braves....

I understand your point because if you don't have a rooting interest seeing the same teams over and over can be boring.

BUT......the people at FOX must be hanging themselves with the Detriot-Oakland ALCS!! Not exactly 2 sexy teams.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 11:41 PM
If you want AROD it will take more than just Willis. Try having to throw in Miggy Cabera as well. AROD is gonna break the all time home run record and will knock 50 home runs and 140 RBI's on a consistent basis.

And playing in front of NOBODY in South Florida he might have some super monster years with no pressure and no demands from a lackluster fan base!!

Willis-AROD ain't happening. It's gonna take more on Florida's part.

A-Rod is a great player but I don't think he'll knock in 50 homeruns consistently. Florida has parts but I don't think that organization is going to trade for him. If a team trades for him I think they move him back to SS and the Marlins have Ramirez there. They've got some young arms though and I think they should go after them rather than Cabrera if a deal is made.

DeathStar
10-08-2006, 12:00 AM
well the hell would the marlins take arod...my god, there are idiots in this world.

MikeO
10-08-2006, 12:06 AM
A-Rod is a great player but I don't think he'll knock in 50 homeruns consistently. Florida has parts but I don't think that organization is going to trade for him. If a team trades for him I think they move him back to SS and the Marlins have Ramirez there. They've got some young arms though and I think they should go after them rather than Cabrera if a deal is made.

well Miggy would replace AROD at 3B. I don't even want Willis, I would rather have another one or two of their young arms in a deal.

And if the Marlins do trade for him, it may be enough to get a stadium built in that city. Knowing they will have a guy who will break the all time home run record, is a 1st ballot hall of famer, and considered by most as the best all aroudn player in the game. That is a hell of a marketing chip to bring to the city in an effort to get a stadium built.

I would be shocked though if a team with a $15 mill payroll made a move for AROD. Seriously, that would just prove my point and cement it that this organization is a mess and doesn't know if its "small market" or "big market" from day to day!

King Felix
10-08-2006, 12:08 AM
congrats to the mets.....and my predictions are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 01:16 AM
There's no way Arod would say yes to play in FL in front of 5,000 people a night in a pitcher's park. If anything Arod would say yes to a big city market (Chicago, LA, Boston).

I think it's in his best interest to request a trade because the guy is never going to be happy in NY. He's going to be the scapegoat for the 2006 Yankees when really it's the whole team outside of Wang and Rivera. Jeter, Abreu and Posada were the only ones who hit over .300 but outside of the 1st game they didn't do anything. The starters were bad, but none everyone is going to remember 1 for 14, 0 RBI, 0 runs scored, 1 error.

djfresh47
10-08-2006, 01:22 AM
I thought the Dodgers would atleast give the Mets a decent series but nobody showed up for them except Jeff Kent.

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 01:23 AM
I thought the Dodgers would atleast give the Mets a decent series but nobody showed up for them except Jeff Kent.

Was it just me or did it look like J.D. Drew was bored out of his mind playing this series? You'd think he'd care he was in the playoffs.

DonShula84
10-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Was it just me or did it look like J.D. Drew was bored out of his mind playing this series? You'd think he'd care he was in the playoffs.

He got his big contract when he came to LA, now he just mails it in it seems.

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 01:28 AM
He got his big contract when he came to LA, now he just mails it in it seems.

Just terrible. I'm just surprised he didn't get hurt in the series, but then again he barely moved.

djfresh47
10-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Drew's a good player but I think the Dodgers need to bring in another bat. Still the season has to be considered a success how many thought they'd even be in the playoffs, especially without Gagne?

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 01:31 AM
Drew's a good player but I think the Dodgers need to bring in another bat. Still the season has to be considered a success how many thought they'd even be in the playoffs, especially without Gagne?

Either, Kemp, Loney, LaRoche are all young players who will make an impact. They could be the big bats the Dodgers are looking for.

The Dodger farm is one of the best in the MLB.

djfresh47
10-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Either, Kemp, Loney, LaRoche are all young players who will make an impact. They could be the big bats the Dodgers are looking for.

The Dodger farm is one of the best in the MLB.

I came into the playoffs thinking that 8/9 best teams in baseball are in the AL and i've seen nothing to change that. The Mets are a good team and I don't want to put them in the same category as the rest of the NL, but they're just not very good teams. I think the last thing that MLB wants is another AL sweep in the world series.

Rocky Raccoon
10-08-2006, 01:44 AM
I came into the playoffs thinking that 8/9 best teams in baseball are in the AL and i've seen nothing to change that. The Mets are a good team and I don't want to put them in the same category as the rest of the NL, but they're just not very good teams. I think the last thing that MLB wants is another AL sweep in the world series.

I think the Mets still win it all. it was my prediction in March and it's my prediction now!

UCFinfan86
10-08-2006, 01:46 AM
Right now im taking Detriot, i don't think the A's have the bats, the cards and mets dont have the pitching, detriot is the most complete team left in the playoffs IMO

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 01:48 AM

The AL is just so much better than the NL. I wouldn't bet against a sweep.

NYPhinFan
10-08-2006, 01:51 AM
The AL is just so much better than the NL. I wouldn't bet against a sweep.
You might be right...but just keep on counting out this team. They have proved to be as consistant and resilient a team in all of baseball.

Ray Finkle
10-08-2006, 02:07 AM
You might be right...but just keep on counting out this team. They have proved to be as consistant and resilient a team in all of baseball.

Winning a 5 game series and winning a 7 game series is much different, especially facing an AL team. A rotation of Maine, Glavine, Traschel and Perez doesn't match up well against Robertson, Bonderman, Verlander, Rogers or Zito, Haren, Harden, Estaban, especially facing that extra hitter.

Although the Mets have a better line up than both the Tigers and A's, but the Tigers did just beat the Yankees. So who the hell knows :lol:

I love playoff baseball.

MikeO
10-08-2006, 02:43 AM

Well, when OLIVER PEREZ is forced to take the hill in a 7 game series lets see how good this team looks.

I give them credit for a sweep. But let's also keep everything in perspective!

MikeO
10-08-2006, 02:44 AM

If it wasn't for T.O. people in Phily would still be throwing batteries at him. (the D cell, the big ones)

Now they just want to throw pill bottles at Owens (like they will tomorrow)

unifiedtheory
10-08-2006, 03:53 AM
No one in the NL is going to be able to stay with an AL team. The Mets might win the NL but they do not have enough pitching to stay in a series against an AL team, regardless of who it is...

NYPhinFan
10-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Well, when OLIVER PEREZ is forced to take the hill in a 7 game series lets see how good this team looks.

I give them credit for a sweep. But let's also keep everything in perspective!
Where did you see me anywhere predicting a WS win...just saying its fun seeing all the doomsayers fall over themselves about the demise and chances of the Mets. All this team has done all year is get the job done. Pitching of course will be the biggest obstacle they will encounter. Perspective is giving them credit when people were throwing dirt on them.:shakeno:

Boik14
10-09-2006, 01:11 PM

I give them credit for a sweep. But let's also keep everything in perspective! Why would perez take the hill for a game 7? The rotation is lining up as Maine, Glavine, Trax, Perez again. As per the NY Daily News Rag and Newsday, Willie was going to start maine on short rest if there was a game 4 of the nlds. If a game 7 was necessary Trax would probably get the start. Doesnt make me comfortable but knowing he gets the 2nd best run support in baseball, we would mash our way to a win as usual for trax.

Boik14
10-09-2006, 01:15 PM
Oh I love all the haterade! The Mets are going to shock the world baby! This one's going to be sweet. Reminds me of all the things people said about the '69 mets (even though I wasnt alive for it) about how they supposedly werent good enough and how that team was barely over .500 (83-79) and blah blah blah....The playoffs is about who's hot at the right time and who's got what it take to overcome adversity...with some luck mixed in.

Lets go Mets.

NJFINSFAN1
10-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Glavine is starting game 1

MikeO
10-09-2006, 01:56 PM
Oh I love all the haterade! The Mets are going to shock the world baby!.

shock the world?? You were tied for the best record in MLB this season. How the hell is that shocking the world?

MikeO
10-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Why would perez take the hill for a game 7? The rotation is lining up as Maine, Glavine, Trax, Perez again. As per the NY Daily News Rag and Newsday, Willie was going to start maine on short rest if there was a game 4 of the nlds. If a game 7 was necessary Trax would probably get the start. Doesnt make me comfortable but knowing he gets the 2nd best run support in baseball, we would mash our way to a win as usual for trax.

READ......I said in a 7 game series. Not "game 7" :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Boik14
10-09-2006, 03:13 PM
shock the world?? You were tied for the best record in MLB this season. How the hell is that shocking the world? Oh just all the doubters that said we'd never make it out of round 1 without Duque and Pedro. You know, the guys at espn who said all predicted us to lose except 1 and even he made the pick before the el duque injury was announced.

icephinfan
10-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Good match-ups for the ALCS and NLCS series.

Ray Finkle
10-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Good match-ups for the ALCS and NLCS series.

Ah I think the ALCS is going to be a good series but I'm just not a fan of St. Louis, I would have rather seen SD, Philly, Houston or FL play the Mets.

djfresh47
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Ah I think the ALCS is going to be a good series but I'm just not a fan of St. Louis, I would have rather seen SD, Philly, Houston or FL play the Mets.

I think Houston/Mets would've been a good series to watch. I would've like to see Oswalt/Clemens vs the Mets lineup. Although Lidge has not been the same since Pujols hit that homerun off of him in game 6 last year. I don't think any of the national league teams are really that good aside from the Mets. If the Cardinals are going to have any chance Carpenter has to carry them to atleast two victories. The pitching matchups in the AL should be very good although because as Mike put it it is not a "sexy series." I expect low ratings for the ALCS although it should be pretty decent ball.

Boik14
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
I think Houston/Mets would've been a good series to watch. I would've like to see Oswalt/Clemens vs the Mets lineup. Although Lidge has not been the same since Pujols hit that homerun off of him in game 6 last year. I don't think any of the national league teams are really that good aside from the Mets. If the Cardinals are going to have any chance Carpenter has to carry them to atleast two victories. The pitching matchups in the AL should be very good although because as Mike put it it is not a "sexy series." I expect low ratings for the ALCS although it should be pretty decent ball. Actually if the cards are really going to stand a chance the rest of the staff has to do something because the cards are 5-0 in nlcs starts by Carpenter. Not saying theyre guaranteed to win his 2 starts (if he gets to make 2 starts), but it will probably be a close game.

As far as recent history, mets won the season series 4-2 with STL win 2/3 in early april when both team looked very different and the mets sweeping in august. With Rolen's shoulder hurting that could open up the door for the mets to walk Pujols at times.

Ray Finkle
10-09-2006, 10:45 PM
I think Houston/Mets would've been a good series to watch. I would've like to see Oswalt/Clemens vs the Mets lineup. Although Lidge has not been the same since Pujols hit that homerun off of him in game 6 last year. I don't think any of the national league teams are really that good aside from the Mets. If the Cardinals are going to have any chance Carpenter has to carry them to atleast two victories. The pitching matchups in the AL should be very good although because as Mike put it it is not a "sexy series." I expect low ratings for the ALCS although it should be pretty decent ball.

The pitching match ups (on paper at least) in the AL look amazing. You have some of the best young pitching in the game in Bonderman, Verlander, Haren, Harden, Blanton, Street, Zumaya, Rodney, Zito, Duschesehrhesehhrgeher, etc. I'm very excited to watch this series as a baseball fan.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
Zito goes in game one (today) but Loaiza in game 2 which surprises and disappoints me...

I think Macha should have given Harden game 2. The guy stretched out to 95 pitches in his last start. He had him pitch in the instructional league over the weekend so he has to hold him until game 4. I still don't like it.

He has not set game 3 yet but I am assuming it is Danny Haren.

Roman529
10-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I am going with the Mets and the Tigers in the World Series. I am predicting the Tigers win it all in seven games.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
Zito's getting himself in trouble with walks now. This is where trouble begins for him and he starts throwing a ton of pitches.

Joey Crawford's TIGHT strike zone is not helping. If Zito is not getting curve CALLED a strike it is a long night. He's had two strike threes walk over to first this inning.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:15 PM
One more thing....is it just me or does Lou Pinella offer nothing as a colour commentator.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:19 PM
I HAVE to see the replay of that double play. I don't think they got Milton...

I'll eat crow right after the commercials if he was out though...

djfresh47
10-10-2006, 09:20 PM
Zito goes in game one (today) but Loaiza in game 2 which surprises and disappoints me...

I think Macha should have given Harden game 2. The guy stretched out to 95 pitches in his last start. He had him pitch in the instructional league over the weekend so he has to hold him until game 4. I still don't like it.

He has not set game 3 yet but I am assuming it is Danny Haren.

I think Harden should've gone in game 2. Although guys like to stay in routine so that's what i'm assuming Macha is doing.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Typical FOX....no replay of a relevent play because they had to get to commercials and then tell a story about someone.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:23 PM
Zito will be done soon...

His curve isn't biting and when it has he is not getting calls.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:24 PM
I think Harden should've gone in game 2. Although guys like to stay in routine so that's what i'm assuming Macha is doing.

I thought game 2 would have been an idea as well but he's going in game 3 which means he goes in game 7 if it gets that far.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Mark Ellis turns that double play 100 times out of 100 attempts.

Jimenez is garbage in the field and at the plate.

Rocky Raccoon
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
damn 4-0 now

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:34 PM
Well, I'm close to turning it off now....LOL.

Zito....****ing Zito and getting behind in the count.

PHINATIC13
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Well, I'm close to turning it off now....LOL.

Zito....****ing Zito and getting behind in the count.

S****y start for Barry at home bro,but it's only in the 4th.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
2nd and 3rd with no one out and they strike out back to back....****.

Rocky Raccoon
Is Nick Swisher a switch hitter?

EDIT: that's like a toungue twister :lol:

Ray Finkle

No, you were watching the game in your mirror :wink:

Rocky Raccoon
10-10-2006, 09:52 PM
No, you were watching the game in your mirror :wink: I thought I saw him hit left handed earlier this year.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
...to back.

Put the thing in play and it is good for at least one damn run.

Bunch of idiots. I'll be glad when game one is over.

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 09:54 PM
I thought I saw him hit left handed earlier this year.

He is a switch hitter. I'm just messing with you.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:56 PM

EDIT: that's like a toungue twister :lol:

LOL!

Yes he is....and he is much better from the left side. So is Milton Bradley.

I feel good about facing Verlander and Bonderman but Robertson is throwing well tonight and the Roaster owns the A's.

I see it being 2 - 2 in games after 4...I really do.

djfresh47
10-10-2006, 10:28 PM
Robertson is throwing a gem. A's can't even put the ball in play it seems with RISP. Casey got hurt running down the line that could have a huge affect on the series. Lou Piniella is an awful announcer. Their are alot of bad announcers but Piniella ranks with Lou Holtz as two guys that are just awful IMO.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Robertson is throwing a gem. A's can't even put the ball in play it seems with RISP. Casey got hurt running down the line that could have a huge affect on the series. Lou Piniella is an awful announcer. Their are alot of bad announcers but Piniella ranks with Lou Holtz as two guys that are just awful IMO.:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

And yes, they are having a terrible time with RISP but that has been an issue all year. They are like 3 for 32 in the postseason up 'til now with RISP.

They are not cashing in at all, it is making me mental.

Usually they can get away with it a little but tonight the defense was bad and Zito was awful.

I fell better about tomorrow against a righty.

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 10:40 PM
Robertson is throwing a gem. A's can't even put the ball in play it seems with RISP. Casey got hurt running down the line that could have a huge affect on the series. Lou Piniella is an awful announcer. Their are alot of bad announcers but Piniella ranks with Lou Holtz as two guys that are just awful IMO.

How can you say Lou is an awful announcer? Especially with his line about how "if the A's put guys on base eventually they're score runs, maybe not tonight but in the series". :lol:

djfresh47
10-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Rich Harden going in game 3 Haren in game 4.

Rocky Raccoon
10-10-2006, 11:02 PM
Rich Harden going in game 3 Haren in game 4.
two young pitchers in big games, they have a chance to be heroes and labeled as they next big time pitchers with solid performances.

Who the hell is pitching game 2?

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:11 PM
two young pitchers in big games, they have a chance to be heroes and labeled as they next big time pitchers with solid performances.

Estaban Loizia

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:17 PM
I found this article and thought it was interesting:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082006/sports/yankees/jeremy_had_tipster_yankees_lenn_robbins.htm

For those who don't want to click on the link, basically the article says someone called up Bonderman and gave him a scouting report on how to beat the Yankees and rumors have it that that someone was Curt Schilling.

djfresh47
10-10-2006, 11:21 PM

I think Harden already has the label he just has not been healthy. Danny Haren has impressed me the last couple times I saw him pitch. As far as "stuff," goes in terms of starting pitchers Harden has the best stuff IMO of any starter in this series.

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
I think Harden already has the label he just has not been healthy. Danny Haren has impressed me the last couple times I saw him pitch. As far as "stuff," goes in terms of starting pitchers Harden has the best stuff IMO of any starter in this series.

Harden might have the best stuff out of any right handed pitcher in baseball. He's just never healthy. If he was the guy would win at least 18 games every year. He's that good.

MikeO
10-10-2006, 11:41 PM
I found this article and thought it was interesting:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/10082006/sports/yankees/jeremy_had_tipster_yankees_lenn_robbins.htm

For those who don't want to click on the link, basically the article says someone called up Bonderman and gave him a scouting report on how to beat the Yankees and rumors have it that that someone was Curt Schilling.

Schilling trying to steal the spotlight LOL, go figure!!! This guy cant take being out of the spotlight for more than 10 seconds.

He is an annoying clown. Give out all of the scouting reports ya want, just remember. March 17th, 2004. Everytime you pop in a tape of your "appereance" at Congress.......you still come off like a jackasssss and a liar with zero credibility!!!

Not to mention all bonderman had to do was talk to Kenny Rogers with his performance the night before!!!

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:43 PM
Schilling trying to steal the spotlight LOL, go figure!!! This guy cant take being out of the spotlight for more than 10 seconds.

He is an annoying clown. Give out all of the scouting reports ya want, just remember. March 17th, 2004. Everytime you pop in a tape of your "appereance" at Congress.......you still come off like a jackasssss and a liar with zero credibility!!!

How is Schilling trying to steal the spotlight? He didn't come out with it, the NY Post did.

I could care less as long as he's winning baseball games for my team. He's a guy that you'd love if he was on your team but hate him if he's not.

MikeO
10-10-2006, 11:45 PM
How is Schilling trying to steal the spotlight? He didn't come out with it, the NY Post did.

I could care less as long as he's winning baseball games for my team. He's a guy that you'd love if he was on your team but hate him if he's not.

Yeah, and how did the newspaper get it??? It had to be leaked to them somehow!!!

And what does Schilling care who wins in Detroit vs NY??? In all reality, what does he care???

In one breath he always praises the yanks and their class and how they handle their business. Then he goes and gives Bonderman tips on how to beat them?? The guy is a two-faced jerk.

1) I don't believe he did it.
2) If he did its Curt trying to steal a spotlight.

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, and how did the newspaper get it??? It had to be leaked to them somehow!!!

And what does Schilling care who wins in Detroit vs NY??? In all reality, what does he care???

In one breath he always praises the yanks and their class and how they handle their business. Then he goes and gives Bonderman tips on how to beat them?? The guy is a two-faced jerk.

Ummmmm..... did you read the article? Bonderman was the one that came out with it. It wasn't leaked.

How is he a two faced jerk? Guys give scouting reports out all the time. In August, Todd Jones said he gave Varitek scouting reports on the Twins to help the Sox in the 3 game series that had vs. Minnesota. Do you honestly think other players and managers don't talk to each other about game plans and tips (if they're not playing each other of course)?

UCFinfan86
10-10-2006, 11:51 PM

Um that doesn't mean that schilling had to leak it, bonderman could have. And why wouldn't he want the yankees to lose, if the yankees win then thats more suffering the redsox and their fans have to go through.

MikeO
10-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Ummmmm..... did you read the article? Bonderman was the one that came out with it. It wasn't leaked.

I smell something fishy. Curt is only out for himself. He's trying to get a spotlight. Trying to get his name more in the NY-BOS storyline-drama-history.
With the ...."see I beat ny even by not even playing".....type of deal.

1) it shows no class by curt
2) it is just screaming of 2nd city menatlity
3) curt somehow got this story out there, what bonderman said withstanding.

MikeO
10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
Um that doesn't mean that schilling had to leak it, bonderman could have. And why wouldn't he want the yankees to lose, if the yankees win then thats more suffering the redsox and their fans have to go through.

it's bush league!!!

hypothetical: The Dolphins beat the Pats twice in a year. Pats make the Super Bowl and end up playing Minnesota. Then the Dolphins go back-door and give their scouting reports and information to Minnesota hoping Minny beats NE.

You just don't do that. It's bush league. Shows no class. It's trying to steal a spotlight/headline!

Ray Finkle
10-10-2006, 11:54 PM
I smell something fishy. Curt is only out for himself. He's trying to get a spotlight. Trying to get his name more in the NY-BOS storyline-drama-history.

Ok whatever you say. But I think that post is really out there and reaching a bit.

MikeO
10-10-2006, 11:56 PM
and now all of a sudden the NY post is credible with you people.

99% of the time you ignore every report out of the NY post and say its trash. When you read one that you like, you take it as gospel. AMAZING!!!!!

RWhitney014
10-11-2006, 12:00 AM

Well, Mr. Mariotti, if you feel that way, it must be true, right?

Ray Finkle
10-11-2006, 12:00 AM
and now all of a sudden the NY post is credible with you people.

99% of the time you ignore every report out of the NY post and say its trash. When you read one that you like, you take it as gospel. AMAZING!!!!!

How isn't this article credible when Bonderman himself is being quoted. It's not some random rumor or speculation in March about who the Yankees or Mets will trade for in July.

Seriously go back and read the article. It's very short and will take you 30 seconds.

Sorry if I gave the paper the benefit of a doubt when they actually interview someone and get actual quotes, and actual news instead of rumors or speculation.

And actually if that post was directed at me, I'm not a fan of Newsday.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 09:24 PM
E-Lo is in trouble right now. He does this, looks great for a few innings and then loses his command. We take a 2 run lead and he comes out and gives up a bunch of hits and runs in the very next inning.

Then Chavvy lets a ball by him that he gets 99 times out of 100.

The defense is letting them down right now and the pitching can't get the Tigers out when they have guys on base...

5 - 3 Tigers.

Ray Finkle
10-11-2006, 09:29 PM
E-Lo is in trouble right now. He does this, looks great for a few innings and then loses his command. We take a 2 run lead and he comes out and gives up a bunch of hits and runs in the very next inning.

Then Chavvy lets a ball by him that he gets 99 times out of 100.

The defense is letting them down right now and the pitching can't get the Tigers out when they have guys on base...

5 - 3 Tigers.

If the Tigers win tonight they'll be tough to take the series from. Right now they're on such a high from beating the Yankees, they might not lose another game this post season.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 09:42 PM
If the Tigers win tonight they'll be tough to take the series from. Right now they're on such a high from beating the Yankees, they might not lose another game this post season.

It's beginning to look that way...

I'm not too down yet. They are getting guys on base, they are just not getting a hit when they need it...

And Polanco is WEARING them out right now.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Once again....can't get hits with runners on base, it is getting VERY old.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 10:07 PM
Alexis Gomez?

ALEXIS ****ING GOMEZ!?!?!

2 hits, 4 RBI's....

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Mark Ellis commits 2 errors the entire season playing everyday at 2nd (with great range and he SHOULD win the gold glove at 2nd).

Jimenez has 2 errors in 2 days and he screwed up a double play in game one...

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
I knew the Tiger pitching was tough but they are rediculous.

Every guy they bring out there throws the ball 95+...

Ray Finkle
10-11-2006, 11:09 PM
America meet Curtis Granderson, Justin Verlander and Joel Zumaya.

Granderson is on fire.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 11:12 PM
That will do it...

It's all up to Harden on Friday.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 11:13 PM

Granderson is on fire.

The whole team is....they are hitting in big situations and their pitching is lights out.

This is a VERY good, young team. They will be around for awhile I think.

Rocky Raccoon
10-11-2006, 11:15 PM

Granderson is on fire.

UT is watching the game from above the border, is he not supposed to meet these guys? :confused2

Ray Finkle
10-11-2006, 11:16 PM
The whole team is....they are hitting in big situations and their pitching is lights out.

This is a VERY good, young team. They will be around for awhile I think.

The scary thing is that got kids in the minors that are pretty good too, like Adam Miller and Jordan Tata. They did a great job drafting and developing.

Ray Finkle
10-11-2006, 11:17 PM
UT is watching the game from above the border, is he not supposed to meet these guys? :confused2

:sidelol:

I just got owned. Good call.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 11:18 PM

I wish I hadn't...:lol:

MikeO
10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
1) This series is OVER!! Oakland just doesn't have enough bats to keep up with Detroit it looks like.

2) If Detroit is smart this offseason, they open the check books. Sign Soraino. And build a dynasty. WIth that young pitching, if they add 1 more big bat they could win multiple championships here and go on a nice little run. They are that good!

unifiedtheory
10-12-2006, 12:10 AM
1) This series is OVER!! Oakland just doesn't have enough bats to keep up with Detroit it looks like.

2) If Detroit is smart this offseason, they open the check books. Sign Soraino. And build a dynasty. WIth that young pitching, if they add 1 more big bat they could win multiple championships here and go on a nice little run. They are that good!

I totally agree. That young pitching is TOUGH and with Leyland in charge he won't go Dusty Baker on them and turn 'em into Prior and Wood.

Your'e right, one more big bat and they are set. They could go the route of signing their young pitchers to long term deals now to knock a year or two of arbitration.

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 12:25 AM

I was thinking the same thing about the White Sox last season. Mike Maroth who got hurt earlier in the year would've been a shoe-in for the rotation which just says something about how good it is. The AL Central is going to be a beast the next couple of years if Cleveland can get its' act together. I'm not going to write off Oakland yet but they've gotta jump on the roaster early in game 3.

MikeO
10-12-2006, 12:31 AM
IF (big if and I don't want to get too excited here, its only a 2-0 lead) Detroit wins this series and goes to the WS. Win or Lose in the WS, that ALDS win over NY might be a passing of the torch in some ways.

Detroit has the arms to be very very good for the next decade!!! They aren't small market so they can sign these guys and keep them all. They have enough money to spend money on a competitive basis with NY in general. And their GM is bright. (which is always key).

Boik14
10-12-2006, 12:41 AM
IF (big if and I don't want to get too excited here, its only a 2-0 lead) Detroit wins this series and goes to the WS. Win or Lose in the WS, that ALDS win over NY might be a passing of the torch in some ways.

Detroit has the arms to be very very good for the next decade!!! They aren't small market so they can sign these guys and keep them all. They have enough money to spend money on a competitive basis with NY in general. And their GM is bright. (which is always key). No joke regarding the $$$. Ilitch for years put all his money into the red wings but damn the dude got cheese to support both payrolls

unifiedtheory
10-12-2006, 12:50 AM

Detroit has the arms to be very very good for the next decade!!! They aren't small market so they can sign these guys and keep them all. They have enough money to spend money on a competitive basis with NY in general. And their GM is bright. (which is always key).
I'm not writing them off yet (the A's). They've come back in tough situations all year.

That being said, Harden HAS to come out guns blazing Friday. If his splitter is working and he gets some early, cheap outs he can slam the door on them. If his splitter is not working he'll end up throwing too many pitches and it will be a tough night.

dominizzo
10-12-2006, 01:03 AM
How Bout those Tigers

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm not buying the Detroit dynasty kool-aid yet. They haven't won anything yet! If we're going to say they've got this amazing pitching staff, the White Sox last year had dominant starting pitching in the postseason and bad starting pitching this year.

PHINATIC13
10-12-2006, 03:45 PM
I admit I really didn't give the Tigers much of a chance of even getting out of the first round(lol at NY again) let alone the possiblity of making a WS appearance.Imo Detroit has played "over their heads" I mean I do think that they are good but let's see what happens next season before we say the dynasty.

Ray Finkle
10-12-2006, 05:44 PM

How is it passing the torch? The Yankees haven't been a dynasty or championship team in 6 years? It's not like this is 2001 and the Tigers beat them.

I agree with DJ, the AL Central is going to be the best division in baseball next year because you have 4 teams that will be fighting for a playoff spot or 2. Remember Cleveland played extremely well at the end of the year and with a healthy Hafner and Sizemore becoming one of the best players in the game all the team needs is bullpen help. ChiSox won 90 games and you know they'll add bats. Twins, with Liriano (if he's back) will be a tough draw. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tigers missed the playoffs or even finished 4th next year. It won't be a cake walk for them by any means even with their talent.

Roman529
10-12-2006, 09:26 PM
Nice job Pujols...getting doubled up on a pop fly and not getting back to first base. :lol:

Nappy Roots
10-12-2006, 10:06 PM
god i hate joe buck. he sucks so bad.

NJFINSFAN1
10-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Its starting to pour in Northern NJ, 18 miles from the GW

2-0 Mets!!!!!

Rocky Raccoon
10-12-2006, 10:33 PM

ugh I love Joe Buck

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 10:41 PM
I don't know if their is a better announcer than Joe Buck. Tim McCarver gets worse each time I hear him.

Ray Finkle
10-12-2006, 11:08 PM
I don't know if their is a better announcer than Joe Buck. Tim McCarver gets worse each time I hear him.

He's the absolute worst. I have no idea how he's still employed.

Roman529
10-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Billy Wags walks Rolen. :eek:

AirMarino83
10-12-2006, 11:23 PM
all is well in met land... i can go to bed happy

finswin56
10-12-2006, 11:32 PM
He's the absolute worst. I have no idea how he's still employed.What's funny is that I heard him every game on WWOR growing up. I thought he really knew his stuff :o

Joe Buck is excellent. The reason he catches so much crap is for going overboard on the Randy Moss/mooning thing. He was wrong there, but that's a rare blemish on his great resume. The only guy I'd prefer to hear call the play-by-play is Gary Thorne. Thorne is my absolute favorite p.b.p. guy in any sport. He could do the Ft. Lauderdale Shuffle Board Invitational and make it sound compelling.

Oh yeah, :woot: Game 1 in the books!

Why the hell couldn't we have faced the real Jeff Weaver?

Ray Finkle
10-12-2006, 11:34 PM
Why the hell couldn't we have faced the real Jeff Weaver?

Anyone else think maybe it's Jared Weaver pitching instead of Jeff?

2 runs in 10 innings is impressive.

AirMarino83
10-12-2006, 11:49 PM
Anyone else think maybe it's Jared Weaver pitching instead of Jeff?

2 runs in 10 innings is impressive.
i was fooled. i was waiting for the runs to pile up, but heck... i can say i was impressed by elder weaver

unifiedtheory
10-13-2006, 12:37 AM

I'm not too big on him doing football (although there are worst) I think he is EASILY the best baseball play by play man in the business.

McCarver on the other hand....he needs to STFU.

Boik14
10-13-2006, 01:39 AM
god i hate joe buck. he sucks so bad. Yeah outside of this board I cant find anyone who actually likes him. He spends more time talking about whatever commercials pop up then about the game and he doesnt really bring any significant insight. Gary thorne, Ron Darling, Gary Cohen, and Keith Hernandez are the guys who usually work Met games (along with the occassional appearance from Seaver) and those guys are really great. Im missing them right now cause buck is horrendous at best.

MikeO
10-13-2006, 02:01 AM
Joe Buck is OK for baseball. He at least knows something about the sport.

He is the WORST football announcer to walk the planet. The fact he has actually called a Super Bowl should be a crime.

DonShula84
10-13-2006, 07:31 PM
Kenny Rogers lights out again, Detroit is looking really good.

unifiedtheory
10-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Kenny Rogers lights out again, Detroit is looking really good.
Detroit looks like destiny...

You can not beat destiny AND a dozen guys who all throw the ball 100 MPH for strikes with nasty breaking stuff.

The Roaster was unreal again tonight.

I'm proud of Harden though. He pitched pretty well for a guy making his 4th start in 4 months. Damn, the A's need a BIG bat. It sucks knowing they won't get one...:lol:

I'm happy though, they won the West and won a round. the Tigers are just too good right now, they are doing everything right.

Roman529
10-13-2006, 08:20 PM
3-0 Mets..1st Inning....NJ is happy. :shakeno:

AirMarino83
10-13-2006, 09:22 PM
nj, boik, and the rest of us arent so happy now... come on METS!!!!!!
at least were gettin carpenters pitch count up.