PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins need to draft a franchise Qb

WestCoast13
10-03-2006, 12:28 AM
Please post in the proper forums.

Ok so ever since Dan The Man retired weve been trading for career backups or injured players at the qb position. Not once have we made an atttempt to draft a franchise qb. We have had 7 drafts since he retired, plus the last few years he played we should have drafted a qb to groom for the future. Eventually we are going to have to draft a qb.

Aqua4Ever04
10-03-2006, 12:29 AM
Maybe in 4 or 5 years. But Daunte will be our guy till then at the very least. Have faith, he will get back to his old self soon enough.

Tetragrammaton
10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
We have one. His name is Daunte Culpepper. He has 929 yards and a 77.0 ranked QB rating despite a lot of shortcomings of the rest of the offense.

tonto_phin
10-03-2006, 12:31 AM
you think that drafting the next Rothlesberger, the next McNabb or the next Manning is better than choosing between cripples?

you are a mad man

WestCoast13
10-03-2006, 12:34 AM
you think that drafting the next Rothlesberger, the next McNabb or the next Manning is better than choosing between cripples?

you are a mad man

hahahahahahaha i see you like to think like the dolphins front office

yankeehillbilly
10-03-2006, 12:34 AM
We need to draft a franchise Left Tackle.

Then we need to draft a couple of good interior Offensive linemen

Then in free agency pick up a decent Right Tackle.

Then, if Daunte still isnt performing we can draft a franchise QB.

Nappy Roots
10-03-2006, 12:35 AM

stop it! talkin sense on this board isnt aloud! you yankeehillbilly!

Rebar71
10-03-2006, 12:36 AM

:yeahthat:

Except that, given what he's got to work with, Daunte IS performing.

Has anybody noticed that even when Daunte is - by some miracle - given time, none of our so-called pro-bowlers seem to be open?

dominizzo
10-03-2006, 12:37 AM
DCULp Needs a supporting cast and a Defense

dlockz
10-03-2006, 12:37 AM
No lets ignore the line again and draft another Qb and a safety lol.
There is a reason is our line is bad, we have not drafted well.

Aqua4Ever04
10-03-2006, 12:39 AM

Coach? Is that you? I think this is seriously Nick Saban right here talking because there is no way someone outside would actully know what to do. Looking back, we should've taken Winston Justice in last year's draft.

As for Daunte, I think you guys should be encouraged by his direction. He hasn't made any mistakes in these last 2 games and is making due with what he has. You all complain about dump offs but what is he suppose to do with 2 seconds? Daunte will be just fine, it's the oline I'm worried about.

icephinfan
We have a franchise QB, we need a franchise O-Line.

tonto_phin

true dat, but it could still mean this upcoming draft

it's impossible to say how a college QB will do in the pros, but at least you have a choice of men whose character and intellect you can ascertain

Saban is relying on 1000 times more info on Pep than we are

tonto_phin
10-03-2006, 12:41 AM
our tackles aren't nearly as bad as the interior

too bad Toledo and Anderson got hurt

djfresh47
10-03-2006, 12:42 AM
Great this team needs a franchise QB and LT but then again those could be the two hardest positions to find franchise players for. Daunte hasn't been good and does not close to 100% so I think he atleast gets time. Drafting a LT doesn't ensure that he'll be great or even a good player look at Mike Williams and Robert Gallery. I'd love to see them find a guy who can play LT for years but that is a very hard position to find franchise caliber players at. I'd take an average LT at this point.

Nappy Roots
10-03-2006, 12:43 AM

eh, i disagree. i think the interior has been bad, but the tackles have been worse imo. carey has been a monsterious disappointment so far. LJ Shelton has not been good either. our blitz pickup was been just as bad.

dlockz
10-03-2006, 12:43 AM

I hope you were not suprised that a guy that is injured every year is injured again. This puzz could not make it through one preseason game. Should have taken Johnathon Scott but we love combine over results.

-=DolfanDave=-
10-03-2006, 12:45 AM

amen

tonto_phin
10-03-2006, 12:46 AM
Shelton has improved after a rough start

RenoFinFan
10-03-2006, 12:48 AM
We definitely need a franchise QB. Daunte lovers want to talk about personal stats. Who cares about his personal stats. It is Daunte's W-L record as a starter that reflects his leadership ability. An ugly 39-45. If you take away the 11-5 his first season when we walked into one of the most gifted talent on offense ever assembled (Moss, Carter, O-line, Robert Smith) Daunte is a horrible 28-40...YUCK!!!

One thing is for sure...Daunte has become synonymous with "loser."

bluehaze
10-03-2006, 12:52 AM
If we stink up this year bad enough to be in a position to draft Brady Quinn and dont do it, it will be the biggest waste of our drafts since drafting Jason Allen! :sidelol: Just kidding bout the JA thing :sidelol: But seriously it's time to draft a QB.

catapano
10-03-2006, 12:53 AM

Then, if Daunte still isnt performing we can draft a franchise QB.wow some of us do have brains

tonto_phin
10-03-2006, 12:57 AM
those dudes in your avatar need to suit up

icephinfan
10-03-2006, 01:00 AM
those dudes in your avatar need to suit up

Those dudes in your avatar need to suit up:wink:

fins in tally
10-03-2006, 01:02 AM

Ok so ever since Dan The Man retired weve been trading for career backups or injured players at the qb position. Not once have we made an atttempt to draft a franchise qb. We have had 7 drafts since he retired, plus the last few years he played we should have drafted a qb to groom for the future. Eventually we are going to have to draft a qb.

What a great idea...lets draft a QB that we wont be able to use becuase our o-line cant block for their lives that sounds like some thinking from the Dave Wannstedt/ Rick Speilman draft room. Arizona used that strategy this draft, lets see how it works out for them next week. We have needs far greater than QB right now, and even if we would draft a QB 98% of those who post on this board wouldnt be patient enough to let him play more than 5 games without calling for his head.

PhinFan0202
10-03-2006, 01:18 AM
We do need an offensive linemen bad but the QB position can't be neglected. We have Dante who can play right now but the way it's looking he's not going to be the guy that can lead us into the promise land. Think about what his record is in the playoffs? It's the same thing with Jake Plummer moble guy that can make plays during the regular season but makes the worst decisions in the world which always messes things up in the playoffs. I think that LT is the most needed position in the draft but QB, LB, and Dline are right up there.

Phin_Phan
10-03-2006, 01:30 AM
I think if we finish they same way we started then we will have possibly a top 3 pick........so we could get our guy then.....maybe Brady Quinn??

patacu1974
10-03-2006, 01:38 AM
We definitely need a franchise QB. Daunte lovers want to talk about personal stats. Who cares about his personal stats. It is Daunte's W-L record as a starter that reflects his leadership ability. An ugly 39-45. If you take away the 11-5 his first season when we walked into one of the most gifted talent on offense ever assembled (Moss, Carter, O-line, Robert Smith) Daunte is a horrible 28-40...YUCK!!!

Hey do you remember a QB that play not long ago with fins.... Jay Fidler..... He was one of the QB with the best record W-L, but he was a horribole QB.... the W-L not always definie if a QB is good or not.....

LouisOliver#25
10-03-2006, 01:53 AM
[quote=RenoFinFan]We definitely need a franchise QB. Daunte lovers want to talk about personal stats. Who cares about his personal stats. It is Daunte's W-L record as a starter that reflects his leadership ability. An ugly 39-45. If you take away the 11-5 his first season when we walked into one of the most gifted talent on offense ever assembled (Moss, Carter, O-line, Robert Smith) Daunte is a horrible 28-40...YUCK!!!

One thing is for sure...Daunte has become synonymous with "loser."[/quo

am

LouisOliver#25
10-03-2006, 01:54 AM

Am i the only one that thinks Cleo Lemon has the possibility to turn into a starter at some point in his career.. I really like the kid!!!

adamprez2003
10-03-2006, 02:17 AM
If Daunte doesnt improve this year and Harrington doesnt impress(assuming he's given a chance to show something) we will have to look again for a QB. Remember, supposedly that's Mueller's forte. You cannever have enough good QBs according to him.

So in the free agent class the only two I would look at are Jake Plummer (the Cutler era begins in Denver) and Matt Schaub (tired of being Vick's backup)

In college the only guy that has impressed me is Brohm from Louisville but I havent seen even half the QBs that should be available. One guy I dont want is Quinn. He just has bust written all over him

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-03-2006, 08:27 AM
i wanted matt schaub more than daunte culpepper, drew brees, etc.

Motion
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
i wanted matt schaub more than daunte culpepper, drew brees, etc.

I wanted to trade up for Cutler more than anyone else......

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-03-2006, 12:22 PM
if we had the draft picks, :yes:, but we didn't so :nono:.

nick1
10-03-2006, 02:32 PM
I really wanted David Carr, look at what he's doing right now and with a bad o-line and no running game. he would be sick with our WRs and running game

In_Flames
10-03-2006, 02:46 PM

I was right there with ya man....just imagine, holding onto Gus for another year or two while Cutler developed...Anyways, Denver got a good one there indeed :boohoo:...but like Kat said, we really had nothing to offer in return to be able to move up to get him..

Pocoloco
10-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Just take the best player available at your position. Looking back, it made little sense for many teams to pass over Marino just because they felt comfortable with who they had at QB in the past year.

Shula Come Back!
10-03-2006, 05:28 PM

I actually was thinking this before we traded for DC or Brees. I was thinking that the last time we drafted a QB in the first round, or at all to be anything other than a backup, was 1983. What do we have against drafting? It isn't like Marino was a friggin' bust!!!! But now that we have Culpepper, he should improve and buy us some more time before we draft one!

PhinFan0202
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I was right there with ya man....just imagine, holding onto Gus for another year or two while Cutler developed...Anyways, Denver got a good one there indeed :boohoo:...but like Kat said, we really had nothing to offer in return to be able to move up to get him..

Cutler could have been the man at QB for us. He got alot of hype which helped his draft status which is why he went so high. The way things are going right now we will probably be in the position to draft a QB this year. Saban sent scouts to look at Brady Quinn last year which has to say something about what Saban thinks he could be.

TotoreMexico
10-03-2006, 11:24 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/threadisover-1.jpg