PDA

View Full Version : GameStop Not Taking Wii, PS3 Pre-Orders

Scatman
10-03-2006, 10:24 AM
heres the story from 1up.com:
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154128

this kinda suks. last year i didnt preorder the 360 and went to wait in line and there werent enough anywhere....target, toysrus, best buy, circuit city- didnt end up getting one until almost Feb cause quantities where so freaking limited.

So this year i thought i wasnt gonna do that again and preorder. but this suks....i definetly wanted to get a wii in time for thanksgiving holidays.

hell im almost thinking of getting a ps3 just to sell on ebay...i mean by the way things are looking for them, theres gonna be a lot less than 360 last years and probably even more demand cause of the exteme sony fanboys. never thought i'd buy a system just to sell it, but to make a few hundred bucks for pulling one all nighter in line sounds pretty good. thatll pretty much equal a free wii and maybe a couple games.

UCFinfan86
10-03-2006, 10:26 AM
My brother went to gamestop today and asked if they were taking preorders and the guy said no, then he asked how you could get one and he said you have to campout the night before however they were only going go be getting 1 or 2 ps3's. He said they wouldn't get a big shipment in until march

Stitches
10-03-2006, 10:34 AM
All the ps3's that come out this year, will be US releases at least. And there shouldn't be much of a problem for people who want a Wii, because there are supposed to be plenty of those. I really don't see there being a big deal for people who really want either of them. If you want it that bad you'll camp out, or pay big on ebay. If you don't have the patience to wait, it's your own fault for having to pay out the nose.

eckerdguy
10-03-2006, 10:44 AM
The store might not have pre-orders for those systems but the websites will. gamestop.com and ebgames.com (same thing I guess now) will both be offering pre-order bundles. Just buy one there. Plus it is more worth it anyway in the long run because you will just have it shipped to your door. I pre-ordered gamecube back in the day and actually got it a few days before its release.

My recommendation is just check the website each day....they say sign up for the news letter but I don't trust you will get that email. If you want a Wii it shouldn't be a problem, PS3 is another.

Timmy54
10-03-2006, 11:30 AM
they just want to make a media circus over the sell so they have people lined up around the corner for the system then they get free advertising.

mor911
10-03-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm glad they're not taking preorders. Preorders is a bunch of profit lining bull.... They NEVER have enough to fullfil the preorders they take, so why take 'em?

You preorder a 360 to "make sure you get one at launch". Then at launch it's, "We only got 12... sorry". Well WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE 200 PREORDERS YOU MONEY GRUBBING MORONS!!!

Motion
10-03-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm glad they're not taking preorders. Preorders is a bunch of profit lining bull.... They NEVER have enough to fullfil the preorders they take, so why take 'em?

You preorder a 360 to "make sure you get one at launch". Then at launch it's, "We only got 12... sorry". Well WHY THE HELL DID YOU TAKE 200 PREORDERS YOU MONEY GRUBBING MORONS!!!

YEAH! :tantrum:

Scatman
10-03-2006, 01:28 PM
agree with you mor, i think with all the back;ash they got last time they will be better about it this time. or would have...... i guess we'll see