PDA

View Full Version : *Official 06-07 NHL Thread*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

RunningBackGuru
10-03-2006, 06:25 PM
NHL season finally starts tomorrow. What is everyones early Stanley Cup picks?

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 06:38 PM
I was wating for someone else to start this thread...

I'm working on my picks now...should be done tonight.

Boik14
10-03-2006, 07:28 PM
Lets go Islanders....Yeah I know I like to dream. :)

Slappy8800
10-03-2006, 07:48 PM
Sharks over Rangers in the finals.

;(

Rocky Raccoon
10-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Sabres over Ducks

battle of the new, and ugly uniforms.

THOMAS_54
10-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Sharks over Sens

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Well, here are my picks. It's a little long and I have a few surprises. Pan me if you want but at least I'm giving an effort.

Without further ado...
Eastern Conference

(@) – Denotes division champion

#1 – (@) BUFFALO SABRES
Strengths: Depth, youth and goaltending
Weaknesses: Lack of depth on defense
Outlook: They got to the Eastern Finals with an AHL defense. If their defense stays healthy and Ryan Miller continues to grow into a franchise goaltender this is exactly the type of team that wins in today’s NHL. Young, fast, cheap and hungry.

#2 – (@) PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
Strengths: Depth and youth up front.
Weaknesses: Goaltending, slow immobile defense, Forsberg’s brittleness.
Outlook: A top regular season team will continue to win in the regular season. That being said, the defense and the goaltending will once again hold them back in the playoffs unless Bobby Clark finally realizes that he needs a goalie to win in the spring.

#3 – (@) TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
Strengths: The big three up front
Weaknesses: Defense and uncertainty in goal.
Outlook: “Uncertainty in goal” is a little misleading. Marc Denis can play in this league but he’s never had to play in tight, meaningful games. I think he’ll be alright and the Lightning win a weak division.

#4 - OTTAWA SENATORS
Strengths: Scoring and youth on defense
Weaknesses: Goaltending
Outlook: This team can score, they might have the best line in hockey. If Patrick Eaves, Antoine Vermette and Andrej Meszaros continue their growth this team will be even better. The issue is in goal. Both Ray Emery and Marty Gerber had horrid playoffs last year.

#5 - CAROLINA HURRICANES
Strengths: Youth, speed and depth up front
Weaknesses: Defense
Outlook: The Stanley Cup champs are still dangerous. They are fast, can score and have grit. That being said, their defense does not inspire confidence in my opinion. Can Cam Ward take the next step? He was great in the playoffs, winning the Conn Smythe but can he do it again, this time for 60+ games?

#6 – NEW DERSEY DEVILS
Strengths: Depth up front, Goaltending
Outlook: This is not your Father’s Devils team. This team can fly and score. Scott Gomez, Brian Gionta, Patrik Elias and Jamie Langenbrunner are a scary top 4 and Marty Broduer is still one of the best 3 players in the World. That being said they are lacking on defense and that could be an issue.

#7 – NEW YORK RANGERS
Strengths: Depth up front, Goaltending
Weaknesses: Jagr’s health
Outlook: On paper this team is damn good. They have an ascending young goalie and added grit, something lacking last year. Team Czech can score almost at will. They could use some more toughness on defense but I don’t see a lot wrong with this team. Why are they 7th? They are in a tough division. They’ll be one of the best 7th place teams in years, the type of team no one wants in the first round.

#8 – BOSTON BRUINS
Strengths: Youth up front and defense
Weaknesses: Uncertainty in goal, lack of scoring depth.
Outlook: Pan me for this pick all you want. This is not the “same old Bruins”. They added Paul Mara, Zdeno Chara, Marc Savard and Shean Donovan and drafted Phil Kessel, who will start the season on the #1 line. Add those players to a good young core and you have, what looks like a team built for todays NHL. Fast, young and hungry. The questions are in goal. Hannu Toivonen is a 22 year old, former first round pick who is very highly thought of in league circles. If he can handle the 50 game workload at his young age the Bruins will be a playoff team.

#9 – ATLANTA THRASHERS
#10 – MONTREAL CANADIENS
#11 – TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS
#12 – PITTSBURGH PENGUINS
#13 – FLORIDA PANTHERS
#14 – NEW YORK ISLANDERS
#15 – WASHINGTON CAPITALS

Eastern Conference Awards

M.V.P. - Vincent Lecavalier, Tampa Bay
Best Defenseman – Zdeno Chara, Boston
Best Goaltender – Ryan Miller, Buffalo
Coach of the Year - Lindy Ruff, Buffalo
Eastern Conference Champions – Buffalo Sabres

Western Conference

(@) – Denotes division champion

#1 – (@) ANAHEIM DUCKS
Strengths: Depth, youth and defense
Outlook: This team is loaded. They have two of the best defenseman in the World and they are stacked up front with youth, size and speed. They are a tough team to play against because of their style. When this team makes the playoffs they are a tough out. They’ll be able to have a #1 defenseman on the ice at all times. The only issue is in goal. Is it Jean Sebastien Giguere or Ilya Bryzgalov?

#2 – (@) CALGARY FLAMES
Strengths: Toughness, defense and goaltending
Weaknesses: Scoring depth
Outlook: Adding Alex Tanguay addresses a need. This team simply could not score last year. Tanguay will help Jerome Iginla become what he is supposed to be. The depth on defense is unmatched anywhere in the league. Dion Phaneuf and Robyn Regehr will play together, that will shut down most teams first lines. Add a great defense to the best goalie in the World and you have a tough team to play against.

#3 – (@) NASHVILLE PREDATORS
Strengths: Speed, depth, goaltending
Weaknesses: Lack of size and toughness
Outlook: Tomas Vokoun is simply one of the most underrated players in the entire league. His importance was shown when he fell ill last year and the Preds fell flat in the playoffs. They added J.P. Dumont and Jason Arnott to an already deep front line. They overtake the Red Wings and win the NHL’s worst division.

#4 – SAN JOSE SHARKS
Strengths: Youth, depth up front, scoring
Weaknesses: Uncertainty in goal
Outlook: This teams biggest weakness, horrible penalty killing, was addressed in a big way when they added Mike Grier and Curtis Brown. They have great depth on defense and two #1 center ice man. The only question is which goalie will take the job and run with it?

#5 - EDMONTON OILERS
Strengths: Youth, speed and depth up front
Outlook: Yes, they lost Pronger and Peca. I don’t care. This team is perhaps the fastest in the NHL and they play a puck persuit style that drives other teams crazy. They will score with three lines, they will roll four lines and they will hit you all night. If the goaltending holds up there is no reason they don’t push Calgary for the Northwest division.

#6 – DETROIT RED WINGS
Strengths: Youth and skill
Outlook: They lost a big chunk of leadership in the offseason. That being said they have more then enough skill up front to score in bunches. They will need to score a lot because their goaltending is questionable to say the least. If, and that is a big if, Dom Hasek stays in one piece this team could do a lot of good things.

#7 – COLORADO AVALANCHE
Strengths: Depth up front
Weaknesses: Defense and questions in goal
Outlook: I don’t know why I’m putting them in the playoffs. I just have a feeling that Marek Svatos and Wojtek Wolski will re-energize the scoring and Milan Hejduk will come back strong. If Jose Theodore plays well they make the playoffs, if he does’nt they could plummet, no matter how many goals they score.

#8 – VANCOUVER CANUCKS
Strengths: Goaltending
Weaknesses: Lacking of scoring depth and depth on defense
Outlook: Roberto Luongo gives this team their first legit #1 goaltender maybe ever. This teams top players at forward (Naslund, the Sedin’s) and defense (Ohlund, Salo and Mitchell) match up with anyone else’s top talent. That being said, secondary scoring and the 4th-6th spots on defense are suspect. I think Luongo does enough to drag them into the playoffs.

#9 – DALLAS STARS
#10 – MINNY WILD
#11 – COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS
#12 – L.A. KINGS
#13 – CHICAGO BLAKCHAWKS
#14 – ST.LOUIS BLUES
#15 – PHOENIX COYOTES

Western Conference Awards

M.V.P. - Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary
Best Defenseman – Scott Niedermayer, Anaheim
Best Goaltender – Miikka Kiprusoff, Calgary
Coach of the Year: Craig McTavish, Edmonton
Western Conference Champions – Anaheim Ducks

Stanley Cup Champions - Anaheim Ducks

unifiedtheory
10-03-2006, 08:30 PM
Fire away people!

LOL!

djfresh47
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I like Vancouver and Buffalo in the Finals. Just something to note their is a huge difference between teams that are built for the regular season and teams built for the playoffs as the Western Conference showed last year with the top 4 teams losing in the 1st rd.

MillerTime
10-03-2006, 09:21 PM
im gonna say buffalo > anaheim

cant wait till tomorow, hockeys back!!

Crisis
10-03-2006, 11:24 PM
Uni, you need to put the Sabres on the bottom of your list like last year so we have a shot!

:D

Roman529
10-03-2006, 11:34 PM
Flyers over the Avelanche.

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Flyers win the cup Vs Ducks

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Will mark Bell and Milan Michalek excel with the Sharks?

Will Hejduk break out

Will Arnason be great

Uni this is 4 u !!

Will murray Score 40 goals playing with Savard

icephinfan
10-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Ducks take the cup this year!!!

Pronger with the Ducks.Oh yeah!!!

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Let my guess...

'Izzo took the Flyers to win the Cup?

miamichael2
10-04-2006, 02:13 AM
Flyers win the cup Vs Ducks
Dude, you can not be serious. They have nothing going for them. Certainly good enough to make the playoffs, but will flameout to any of the speedy teams: Sens, Canes, Sabres, Habs, Bolts...basically any team but the Flyers.

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 04:16 PM
Flyers all the way

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 04:17 PM
UNI

Will Glen Murray have a big season

i have him my pool

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 05:54 PM
1 hour 6 mins.... 1 hour 6 mins.... 1 hour 6 mins... 1 hour 5 mins... 1 hour 5 mins... 1 hour 5 mins........

BAH!!!! Stupid clock must be broken...

25 hours 5 mins until caps... 25 hours 5 mins until caps... 25 hours 5 hims until caps...

LoXiN
10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
1 hour 6 mins.... 1 hour 6 mins.... 1 hour 6 mins... 1 hour 5 mins... 1 hour 5 mins... 1 hour 5 mins........

BAH!!!! Stupid clock must be broken...

25 hours 5 mins until caps... 25 hours 5 mins until caps... 25 hours 5 hims until caps...

Anyone got a tranquilizer gun? Shes been at this ALL day.

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
Anyone got a tranquilizer gun? Shes been at this ALL day.

BAH!

THOMAS_54
10-04-2006, 06:20 PM
UNI

Will Glen Murray have a big season

i have him my pooldidn't uni block you?

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:29 PM
Time to drop the pucks. :tongue:

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 06:38 PM
Time to drop the pucks. :tongue:

Almost, the waits killing me. Those bums with TSN in Canada get to watch a good game too... Stupid OLN/Versus

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:41 PM
Flyers all the way

I 2nd this....Nizzo and I know our hockey. :wink:

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 06:41 PM

Biased. Rangers have more a chance than the flyers do.

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:42 PM
Almost, the waits killing me. Those bums with TSN in Canada get to watch a good game too... Stupid OLN/Versus

Who is Versus??? I never heard about this station until today. I better get it on my cable or there is going to be some cussing. :lol:

icephinfan

:tongue:

SarahAnn
Who is Versus??? I never heard about this station until today. I better get it on my cable or there is going to be some cussing. :lol:
OLN became Versus...

Boik14
10-04-2006, 06:43 PM
Biased. Rangers have more a chance than the flyers do.which is to say no chance at all

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 06:43 PM
which is to say no chance at all

I'm glad someone got my point there.

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:44 PM
Biased. Rangers have more a chance than the flyers do.

You like the Washington Capitals Sarah?

Boik14
I'm glad someone got my point there.that and any chance i have to take a sot at the rags or flyers i do it

SarahAnn
You like the Washington Capitals Sarah?

Grew up going to the games, Cant afford Season Tickets but i do have an 11 game package.

that and any chance i have to take a sot at the rags or flyers i do it

Who Doesnt? :evil:

SarahAnn
10-04-2006, 06:49 PM
10 more Minutes... UGH!!

icephinfan
10-04-2006, 06:50 PM
Let's Go DUCKS!!!!!!!:D

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
which is to say no chance at all

You should stop torturing yourself with New York teams. :sidelol:

FLYERS RULE.

icephinfan
10-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Hey RO-RO you don't like the Avs, being from Colorado and all???

Boik14
10-04-2006, 06:54 PM
Who Doesnt? :evil: Nice. I can tell that we're gonna be friends! :lol:

Boik14
10-04-2006, 06:55 PM
You should stop torturing yourself with New York teams. :sidelol:

FLYERS RULE. I tried that our phins arent helping.

Roman529
10-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey RO-RO you don't like the Avs, being from Colorado and all???

Yeah, but is a 65 mile drive to the Pepsi Center and the tickets used to be expensive...I think they may have come down a little? Only Joe Sakic is left of the great players (Roy, Selani, Bourke, Forsberg, Kariya, Foote) all retired or moved on. :boohoo:

icephinfan
10-04-2006, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but is a 65 mile drive to the Pepsi Center and the tickets used to be expensive...I think they may have come down a little? Only Joe Sakic is left of the great players (Roy, Selani, Bourke, Forsberg, Kariya, Foote) all retired or moved on. :boohoo:

But, Philly is farther. Or has the Flyers always been your team???

Roman529
10-04-2006, 07:18 PM
But, Philly is farther. Or has the Flyers always been your team???

My dad is from Philly ....so my teams are the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers....but I am not an Eagles' fan. Go Phins.

icephinfan
10-04-2006, 07:22 PM
My dad is from Philly ....so my teams are the Phillies, Flyers, and Sixers....but I am not an Eagles' fan. Go Phins.

Sweet.

How come you don't like the Eagles, just curious.

Amars
10-04-2006, 07:37 PM
GO KINGS

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Slappy8800
10-04-2006, 07:51 PM
Flyers winning the East uni? cmon now....Boston making the playoffs?.....

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Gagne will score 63 goals

miamichael2
10-04-2006, 09:06 PM
And then get knocked out in the first round - again. How many years in a row now have you picked the Flyers?

Squish_The_Fish
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Sabres... that's all I've got to say...

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 09:54 PM
Flyers winning the East uni? cmon now....Boston making the playoffs?.....

If you get to the BOTTOM of my "Eastern predictions" you'll notice I picked the Sabres to win the East. :tongue:

The Flyers will do the usual...great in the regular season and they'll do nothing in the playoffs.

Hell yes I think the Bruins get in...IFFFFFFFF they get competent goaltending.

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
didn't uni block you?

Yes he did.

RWhitney014
10-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Why does everyone think the Panthers are going to suck? We have the most offensive talent up and down the lineup we've had this decade, we actually have some physical d-men in Allen and Salei to clear the puck, we have a guy with the biggest chip in the NHL on his shoulder in Bertuzzi (the guy is playing for a contract AND to prove he still has it AND to prove he can leave his demons behind...can you say motivation?), and it's not as if Auld and Belfour in goal are terrible. Auld played very well for the Nucks last year, and the Eagle still is a big-game goalie.

Especially with the way we ended last season, I think the Cats can make some noise.

DeathStar
10-04-2006, 10:14 PM
nope, we still stink again cause our goalies.

i expect another non playoff year from the cats.

MillerTime
10-04-2006, 10:15 PM
nice start to the season, exciting game

go sabres!

Pink_Dove
10-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Why does everyone think the Panthers are going to suck? We have the most offensive talent up and down the lineup we've had this decade, we actually have some physical d-men in Allen and Salei to clear the puck, we have a guy with the biggest chip in the NHL on his shoulder in Bertuzzi (the guy is playing for a contract AND to prove he still has it AND to prove he can leave his demons behind...can you say motivation?), and it's not as if Auld and Belfour in goal are terrible. Auld played very well for the Nucks last year, and the Eagle still is a big-game goalie.

Especially with the way we ended last season, I think the Cats can make some noise.

I think you have a load of question marks throughout the lineup. Between the pipre, Auld faltered down the stretch which is one of the reason the Canucks went out and got a quality starting goaltender named Roberto Luongo. Eddie, don't get me started with him. I really fail to see why you believe he is still a big game goalie. The man is a HOF but he should've hung up his pads during the lockout. He put on a horror show last year. The numbers don't lie and he surely didn't look any different in the preseason (nor should he considering his advanced age, I doubt he'll improve, even Victor Conte couldn't save him). Apart from Bouwmeester, I don't see any top 4 defensemen on the squad. No wonder Panthers fans were clamouring for Jovo all off-season. Bryan Allen and Ruslan Salei are worth just as much as a bag of chips in the new NHL, they can clear all the pucks they want, their poor skating ability will get them turned around more than pancakes. I tried telling Leafs fans these last 2 months how Hall Gill would be worthless. Watch Ottawa's 3rd goal tonight, Chris Neill zooms by him. Up front you have a pot pourri of old timers (Neuwy, Gelinas, Roberts) with perennial underachievers (Gratton, Stumpel, Peltonen) and young kids who've failed to progress as expected (Weiss, Kolnik). Nathan Horton is the only real young forward that excites me, even though I'll keep an eye on Olesz.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the Cats will make it out of the basement.

Boik14
10-04-2006, 10:39 PM
Gagne will score 63 goalsyeah sure...over the course of the next 2 season i wouldnt put money against that.

unifiedtheory
10-04-2006, 10:53 PM
yeah sure...over the course of the next 2 season i wouldnt put money against that.

I'm picking Gagne to get at least 40+ golas this year...

He'd BETTER get that, I took him in the 2nd round of my money league pool on a hunch...LOL!

BTW...the Av's are kicking the **** out of Dallas 2 - 0 right now. If Turco was'nt standing on his head they'd be losing 5 - 0.

The Av's have the kids (Svatos, Wolski and Statsny) playing together.

RWhitney014
10-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I think you have a load of question marks throughout the lineup. Between the pipre, Auld faltered down the stretch which is one of the reason the Canucks went out and got a quality starting goaltender named Roberto Luongo. Eddie, don't get me started with him. I really fail to see why you believe he is still a big game goalie. The man is a HOF but he should've hung up his pads during the lockout. He put on a horror show last year. The numbers don't lie and he surely didn't look any different in the preseason (nor should he considering his advanced age, I doubt he'll improve, even Victor Conte couldn't save him). Apart from Bouwmeester, I don't see any top 4 defensemen on the squad. No wonder Panthers fans were clamouring for Jovo all off-season. Bryan Allen and Ruslan Salei are worth just as much as a bag of chips in the new NHL, they can clear all the pucks they want, their poor skating ability will get them turned around more than pancakes. I tried telling Leafs fans these last 2 months how Hall Gill would be worthless. Watch Ottawa's 3rd goal tonight, Chris Neill zooms by him. Up front you have a pot pourri of old timers (Neuwy, Gelinas, Roberts) with perennial underachievers (Gratton, Stumpel, Peltonen) and young kids who've failed to progress as expected (Weiss, Kolnik). Nathan Horton is the only real young forward that excites me, even though I'll keep an eye on Olesz.

Based on the above, I fail to see how the Cats will make it out of the basement.

Re: the defensemen, we've been looking for big guys who will sweep the ice for years...now that we have some, they fit well because they will each be on the ice with a "new NHL" d-man in Bouw and Ryno.

Our veterans all had good years last year. 15-25 goals and relatively few healthy scratches from all of them is what we need. I wouldn't be criticizing Kolnik, either...as the guy we acquired in the vaunted Sven Butenschon deal, I'd say he's been a great pickup for the fourth line. Weiss is poised to break out this year. Apparently he's had a fantastic summer with conditioning and the like. I'm excited to see the product on the ice. Take a look at the stories in the Sun-Sentinel today. There's a tone in the players' statements about making the playoffs that have been absent for a long time.

dominizzo
10-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Will Glen Murray score 40+ Goals

Pink_Dove
10-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Re: the defensemen, we've been looking for big guys who will sweep the ice for years...now that we have some, they fit well because they will each be on the ice with a "new NHL" d-man in Bouw and Ryno.

Our veterans all had good years last year. 15-25 goals and relatively few healthy scratches from all of them is what we need. I wouldn't be criticizing Kolnik, either...as the guy we acquired in the vaunted Sven Butenschon deal, I'd say he's been a great pickup for the fourth line. Weiss is poised to break out this year. Apparently he's had a fantastic summer with conditioning and the like. I'm excited to see the product on the ice. Take a look at the stories in the Sun-Sentinel today. There's a tone in the players' statements about making the playoffs that have been absent for a long time.

The big guys that sweep the ice such as Bryan Allen don't belong on the ice anymore. Most of them end up in the penalty box and are more a liability than anything. Chara and Prongs have adjusted their game to become complete defensemen but apart from that you'll see more and more the smaller, more skillfull d-men taking over games (See Liles tonight). Kolnik has been bouncing around the AHL for years. Weiss has been poised to break out for a long time. This might be the year but I don't pay much attention to press clippings. It's the same charades every October, players talking about how they'll compete for the playoffs or Stanley. I do admire your optimism though, especially as a Cats fan. :wink:

RWhitney014
10-05-2006, 12:14 AM
The big guys that sweep the ice such as Bryan Allen don't belong on the ice anymore. Most of them end up in the penalty box and are more a liability than anything. Chara and Prongs have adjusted their game to become complete defensemen but apart from that you'll see more and more the smaller, more skillfull d-men taking over games (See Liles tonight). Kolnik has been bouncing around the AHL for years. Weiss has been poised to break out for a long time. This might be the year but I don't pay much attention to press clippings. It's the same charades every October, players talking about how they'll compete for the playoffs or Stanley. I do admire your optimism though, especially as a Cats fan. :wink:

Thanks.

I just have a different feeling about them this season. They have been mired in mediocrity for so long, and a lot of times the only way to fix that is to move the face and try to create a new one. For instance, while at the time it would have been very unpopular, the Royals could have gotten a lot for Mike Sweeney, and since he's had 3 or 4 very expensive, unproductive seasons, they're probably kicking themselves for not biting when they had the chance.

I think Luongo is a comparison worth making. He's a very good goalie. Not a great goalie - yet - but a very good one nonetheless. Yet he's never faced anything like the media and public firestorm he will will face the first time he lets a rebound in on an easy goal like he did plenty of times here. The Panthers, for all their talent, never went anywhere with Luongo, and this is now totally Olli Jokinen's team. He's got the big contract, the gaudy stats, and the C on his chest. I feel like a rudderless ship has finally set course. By no means are they the best team in the East going in, but they will be putting as much talent on the ice as anyone. And you only need to look at the 2006 Tigers and Marlins to see what can happen when raw talent is in play.

We'll have to see, but if we play like we did from December to April while avoiding our November last season, we'll get in. At least I hope so.

djfresh47
10-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Ryan Miller and Cam Ward both were outstanding tonight. I thought Vanek played well for Buffalo and they need him to forget the postseason last year and be a major contributor. Both teams were sloppy but I think that can be expected right now from every team. I was shocked to see Afinogenov on the penalty kill. It seemed that every minute somebody was on the PP. The Sabres PP wasn't impressive they failed to score on a 5-3 with over a minute. Jiri Novotny who was subbing for Connolly I thought played a decent game.

unifiedtheory
10-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Wow did the Av's crap the bend tonight.

They should have BURIED the Stars early but Turco stood on his head and then made a great play in overtime to hit Sydor coming out of the box to win the game.

Good game though.

unifiedtheory
10-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Roberto Luongo is already paying off for the 'Nucks.

He was excellent tonight and the 'Nucks get a 3 - 1 win in Detroit.

Rocky Raccoon
10-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Rangers beat Caps 5-2...People around here are REALLY excited about the Rangers this year.

unifiedtheory
10-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Rangers beat Caps 5-2...People around here are REALLY excited about the Rangers this year.

They should be...they are a very good team. They are in a damn tough division though.

Roman529
10-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Pens 4 Flyers 0??? :confused:

Esche has to go.....11 shots on Esche and 4 go through. You smell Esche. Whaddayothink Nizzo? If we don't get a goaltender it will be a very long year. :tantrum:

At least we are not the Ottawa Senaturds. :lol:

Rocky Raccoon
10-05-2006, 11:45 PM

Esche has to go.....11 shots on Esche and 4 go through. You smell Esche. Whaddayothink Nizzo? If we don't get a goaltender it will be a very long year. :tantrum:

:lol:

hey where's Dom?

Crisis
10-06-2006, 12:06 AM

Who saw this coming?...

Oh wait...

And you still have no goalies.

Another first round exit for Philly.

djfresh47
10-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Roberto Luongo is already paying off for the 'Nucks.

He was excellent tonight and the 'Nucks get a 3 - 1 win in Detroit.

I think that move has been overlooked. I think Loungo is the best goaltender in the league. A case can be made for Kiprusoff but I think Loungo is better and if he's not he's in the top 2. The season has just started but for a team to succeed in the playoffs they have to have to be good in net. During the regular season guys can be average and the team can be very good but when it comes down to a 7 game series I think goaltending is more often than not the deciding factor. Look at the Ottawa Senators the past few seasons. An interesting to watch and this is getting WAY ahead of myself is whether Anaheim or Buffalo will trade one of their goalies this year. If the Sabres want any chance at re-signing Briere they gotta unload Biron's salary but I don't think Darcy is going to make a dumb deal to a team in the East that could potentially hurt the team in the playoffs. I'd go as far to say that they wouldn't trade him to a team that has any chance of the playoffs if they do trade him.

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 12:54 AM
How stupid is it that the NHL does not have every team play a game on opening night?

The B's don't play until Friday. The NHL schedule bothers me...just thought I'd rant for a moment...LOL.

djfresh47
10-06-2006, 01:10 AM
How stupid is it that the NHL does not have every team play a game on opening night?

The B's don't play until Friday. The NHL schedule bothers me...just thought I'd rant for a moment...LOL.

I think the Sabres/Canes game was supposed to be the opening game. Although I think that having them play wednesday and then having everybody else start thurday would isolate that game in what was a marquee matchup.

Pink_Dove
10-06-2006, 01:21 AM
They should be...they are a very good team. They are in a damn tough division though.

Yeah I like the Rags a lot. Jagr is my favourite player and Shanahan is going to be big on that team teaching the ropes to the younger guys. He is good for 30 every year. Funny, a couple years ago all they had was Brian Leetch. Now they have everything else but a Leetch type defenseman. They're top 3 with Carolina and Buffalo in the East.

RWhitney014
10-06-2006, 12:14 PM

Nobody does. The Fins and Steelers played on the Thursday night. MLB teams start on different days. NBA teams do, too. Even the Hurricanes and Seminoles played on Labor Day to kick the season off the week before pretty much everyone else.

RWhitney014
10-06-2006, 12:16 PM
I think that move has been overlooked. I think Loungo is the best goaltender in the league. A case can be made for Kiprusoff but I think Loungo is better and if he's not he's in the top 2. The season has just started but for a team to succeed in the playoffs they have to have to be good in net. During the regular season guys can be average and the team can be very good but when it comes down to a 7 game series I think goaltending is more often than not the deciding factor. Look at the Ottawa Senators the past few seasons. An interesting to watch and this is getting WAY ahead of myself is whether Anaheim or Buffalo will trade one of their goalies this year. If the Sabres want any chance at re-signing Briere they gotta unload Biron's salary but I don't think Darcy is going to make a dumb deal to a team in the East that could potentially hurt the team in the playoffs. I'd go as far to say that they wouldn't trade him to a team that has any chance of the playoffs if they do trade him.

What has Luongo ever done to deserve being called the best goalie in the league? The players in front of him at times have been the reason why he hasn't won, but Luongo has not put up numbers like Marino to make a case for being the best without winning the whole thing. But Luongo has never won anything, and in hockey, where a hot goalie can mask a mediocre team, he's never been the man.

Maybe he will this season because he's got a chip on his shoulder, but seriously, the guy has a lot to prove after his hissyfit down here about the contract.

Motion
10-06-2006, 12:26 PM
C.......A........P.......S........Caps Caps Caps! :lol:

Reminds me too much of the Jets cheer, but Ovechkin is the man!

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 03:04 PM
What has Luongo ever done to deserve being called the best goalie in the league? The players in front of him at times have been the reason why he hasn't won, but Luongo has not put up numbers like Marino to make a case for being the best without winning the whole thing. But Luongo has never won anything, and in hockey, where a hot goalie can mask a mediocre team, he's never been the man.

Maybe he will this season because he's got a chip on his shoulder, but seriously, the guy has a lot to prove after his hissyfit down here about the contract.
When you get named to Team Canade for the Olympics and the World Cup you ARE one of the best 5 goalies in the World.

No, he has not won a thing in the NHL but he has won EVERYWHERE else at every level. This has to say something about the guys he had in front of him in Florida.

When every knowledgeable hockey mind alive calls him one of the top 5 in the World I'll agree with them.

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Nobody does. The Fins and Steelers played on the Thursday night. MLB teams start on different days. NBA teams do, too. Even the Hurricanes and Seminoles played on Labor Day to kick the season off the week before pretty much everyone else.
The NHL is not MLB or the NFL.

The NHL has to get in the headlines. You don't do that by having 3 games opening night and then a few more the next night and then a few more the next night.

If your'e going to do a special opener then have a rematch of the Stanley Cup final as the ONLY opening night game. Then you have EVERYONE else playing on the 2nd day of the season. Having scattered games makes as much sense as not having every team play each other....wait, the NHL DOES'NT have every team playing each other, another rediculous Gary Bettman decision.

Slappy8800
10-06-2006, 04:44 PM
way to go robert esche....BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

Roman529
10-06-2006, 04:51 PM
way to go robert esche....BAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

It was just the opener Slappy!!! Geeez!!! :mad:

RWhitney014
10-06-2006, 05:21 PM
The NHL is not MLB or the NFL.

The NHL has to get in the headlines. You don't do that by having 3 games opening night and then a few more the next night and then a few more the next night.

If your'e going to do a special opener then have a rematch of the Stanley Cup final as the ONLY opening night game. Then you have EVERYONE else playing on the 2nd day of the season. Having scattered games makes as much sense as not having every team play each other....wait, the NHL DOES'NT have every team playing each other, another rediculous Gary Bettman decision.

I don't disagree with either point, just saying that (for the first one, I guess) everyone else does it that way, so it's not like their stupidly bucking a trend.

But I have wondered myself why the leagues don't coordinate it. You'd think they'd want their first salvo to be the best one.

RWhitney014
10-06-2006, 05:25 PM
When you get named to Team Canade for the Olympics and the World Cup you ARE one of the best 5 goalies in the World.

No, he has not won a thing in the NHL but he has won EVERYWHERE else at every level. This has to say something about the guys he had in front of him in Florida.

When every knowledgeable hockey mind alive calls him one of the top 5 in the World I'll agree with them.

He's one of the top 5 most talented, sure. But I have watched him play as many times as anybody else on this board, and I know that he was never on the absolute elite level as far as winning was concerned. He never became the shut-down force like Kiprusoff or Nabokov or even a Theodore was at some point in their careers. He probably will make that next step, but everyone is banking a lot on what is still potential, not fact.

There's not a problem with that, either. I just don't think he's the savior of Canucks hockey or that the Panthers necessarily got ripped off in the deal. I guess we'll see by the end of the year where the two teams finish and if Bertuzzi re-signs (and is worth re-signing) who the winner was.

burton87
10-06-2006, 05:32 PM

I just got my authentic Crosby jersey in the mail today...

4-0!!!

DeathStar
10-06-2006, 09:48 PM
WOW.

cat look pretty good tonight. up 7-2 on the Bs. HAHAHHAHA.

DeathStar
10-06-2006, 09:50 PM
your nhl points leader todd bertuzzi with 4!!!

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Wow...Tim Thomas got shelled tonight. Bruins get kicked pretty good.

Oh well, 81 more to go.

unifiedtheory
10-06-2006, 10:41 PM
your nhl points leader todd bertuzzi with 4!!!
Um no...Steve Reinprecht has 5.

Crisis
10-07-2006, 12:38 AM
How bout them Sabres. :)

RWhitney014
10-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Wow...Tim Thomas got shelled tonight. Bruins get kicked pretty good.

Oh well, 81 more to go.

:D:D:D:wink:

You know I love ya, uni. But that was freaking awesome.

icephinfan
10-07-2006, 02:45 AM
Alright DUCKS!!!!!!:woot:

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 02:55 AM
How bout them Sabres. :)

Best team in the East...

...and the most entertaining team to watch. Up tempo and FAST.

Ryan Miller is already a franchise goaltender, by the end of the year he'll be ELITE.

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 02:56 AM
:D:D:D:wink:

You know I love ya, uni. But that was freaking awesome.

Enjoy it....they laid an old fashioned *** kicking on my Bruins tonight.

I think it is safe to say Hannu gets the start tomorrow after Tim Thomas' display tonight.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 07:08 AM
Best team in the East...

...and the most entertaining team to watch. Up tempo and FAST.

Ryan Miller is already a franchise goaltender, by the end of the year he'll be ELITE.

Huet was amazing tonight. Buffalo had not business winning the game tonight. Even though Buffalo is 2-0 they have been awful on the PP. They've had a couple 2 man advantages but nothing. If the Sabres are going to live up to expectations which is bringing a championship to Buffalo, Tim Connolly has to be healthy.

MillerTime
10-07-2006, 09:26 AM
that was an unbelievable game, but out PP is AWFUL, we have to get that going

go sabres!!

Ronnie Bass
10-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Best team in the East...

I don't know if I would say that yet, after the Devils dominatation of the champs on their ice last night, I think they might have something to say about that when it's all said and done.

RWhitney014
10-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Enjoy it....they laid an old fashioned *** kicking on my Bruins tonight.

I think it is safe to say Hannu gets the start tomorrow after Tim Thomas' display tonight.

Ya think?

Boy, Bertuzzi looked good.

Crisis
10-07-2006, 12:52 PM
that was an unbelievable game, but out PP is AWFUL, we have to get that going

go sabres!!

I remember the PP being horrible at the beginning of last season, but they picked it up.

greatwade
10-07-2006, 01:21 PM
So the Panthers may be the real deal, huh?

George Richards, the Herald beat writer is a dear friend of mine.
Be nice for him to have a popular squad to write about. Good guy.

Roman529
10-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Slappy better go into hiding when my Flyers beat his Rangers tonight. :lol:

unifiedtheory
10-07-2006, 06:08 PM
So the Panthers may be the real deal, huh?

George Richards, the Herald beat writer is a dear friend of mine.
Be nice for him to have a popular squad to write about. Good guy.

It IS only one game into the season...:lol:

RWhitney014
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
It IS only one game into the season...:lol:

As proven by tonight. It's going to be a roller coaster.

djfresh47
10-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Sabres 3-0. They played poorly the last 10 minutes but the bigger story IMO is that I think Ottawa's window of opportunity for winning a cup has closed.

Pink_Dove
10-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Sabres 3-0. They played poorly the last 10 minutes but the bigger story IMO is that I think Ottawa's window of opportunity for winning a cup has closed.

No doubt. They're as soft as they've been for the last 7 years but they are also missing Chara's minutes on the back end, Havlat's speed on the wing, and Hasek's presence in nets. There is going to be some serious house cleaning this offseason. It should start with Muckler and Murray (who got the job only because he was a friend of Muckler). I would also find a way to give the C to Mike Fisher, who should be the real captain. Getting rid of Havlat is not enough. As evidenced during springtime, Alfredsson and Redden will always play scared, it's just the way it is.

dominizzo
10-08-2006, 02:34 AM
Flyers lose

unifiedtheory
10-08-2006, 03:47 AM
No doubt. They're as soft as they've been for the last 7 years but they are also missing Chara's minutes on the back end, Havlat's speed on the wing, and Hasek's presence in nets. There is going to be some serious house cleaning this offseason. It should start with Muckler and Murray (who got the job only because he was a friend of Muckler). I would also find a way to give the C to Mike Fisher, who should be the real captain. Getting rid of Havlat is not enough. As evidenced during springtime, Alfredsson and Redden will always play scared, it's just the way it is.

They chose the wrong defenseman...thankfully.

Slappy8800
10-08-2006, 06:51 PM
Slappy better go into hiding when my Flyers beat his Rangers tonight. :lol:

you were sayin? :sidelol:

Slappy8800
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
what a story

http://www.poststar.com/articles/2006/10/04/news/doc452389f2ac519576203678.txt

djfresh47
10-08-2006, 07:46 PM
what a story

That is what NHL teams need to do. Kinda take on the nascar philosophy and cater to the fans to bring them in.

Rocky Raccoon
10-08-2006, 08:43 PM
what a story

wow that's awesome...good stuff.

unifiedtheory
10-09-2006, 02:54 PM
what a story

That is cool.

icephinfan
10-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Rumors are going around that the Flyers are interested in Anaheim goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. 'Not true,' said Ducks general manager Brian Burke last night on the phone.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

unifiedtheory
10-09-2006, 10:17 PM
Rumors are going around that the Flyers are interested in Anaheim goalie Ilya Bryzgalov. 'Not true,' said Ducks general manager Brian Burke last night on the phone.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

The Flyers can be "interested" all they want, Burke is not giving up one of his goalies this year.

DeathStar
10-09-2006, 10:25 PM
damn it, double AA as denis potvin calls him deserved to win this game against the passion that unites us all.

damn it, we gotta improve our shootout ability.

d-day
10-09-2006, 11:17 PM
leafs off to a good start - wellwood 1 goal and 5 assists so far - nice to see paul maurice play a more up-tempo style that suits his skills more - so far, the raycroft move is looking real good - now the bad news... Pavel Kubina went down to a knee injury with 2:48 left in the third period - he didn't return to the game and had great difficulty making it to the dressing room...

Pink_Dove
10-10-2006, 12:37 AM
leafs off to a good start - wellwood 1 goal and 5 assists so far - nice to see paul maurice play a more up-tempo style that suits his skills more - so far, the raycroft move is looking real good - now the bad news... Pavel Kubina went down to a knee injury with 2:48 left in the third period - he didn't return to the game and had great difficulty making it to the dressing room...

It's very early, but I'm a lot happier than last year with the direction of the team. I think my boy Kubina has been key. He was my favourite signing by far, and he's played lights out so far. If he's out for a while we're back in the basement. I've been an Ian White fan since day 1 and even Hal Gill has been okay. Our defensive corps is to be reckoned with Kabs, Cabe, Kubina, White, Gill and Harrison (or ideally Cola) and with reason considering the amount of money we've got tied up in it. If Welly and Raycroft can keep it going, we should definately contend for those last 3 or 4 spots for the playoffs. Because apart from the big 4, Sabres, Rangers, Canes and Sens (and the Devils can probably be included) it's wideee open....

dominizzo
10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
fLYERS BETTER shape UP

burton87
10-10-2006, 03:15 AM
It's cool, my college is 5 minutes away from Arrowhead pond, and we stunk into the last period of the home opener. 5 minute drive,...

When the Pens come into town I'm going to try to get the hookups with tickets though, I wanna sit by the glass for once.. How much do you think that would cost me???

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 11:36 AM
It's cool, my college is 5 minutes away from Arrowhead pond, and we stunk into the last period of the home opener. 5 minute drive, very smooth...

When the Pens come into town I'm going to try to get the hookups with tickets though, I wanna sit by the glass for once.. How much do you think that would cost me???
Seats along the glass? I dunno about Anaheim but here in Vancouver the only way to get seats on the glass is through a "ticket broker" because every seat for every game is sold out.

Here a pair of those would run you about a $1000.00. It's probably a little different in Anaheim.

Hope you get 'em though. I sat along the glass about 10 years ago when Canucks' tickets were easier to get (and cheaper). It is a great experience. It gives you a true sensation of how big and fast these guys are...

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 11:44 AM
BTW: I know it is early but how are those Panthers fans that were calling for Keenan's head after the Luongo trade feeling today?

Auld has been good and Bertuzzi looks like the old Bertuzzi again.

Luongo has been excellent for the 'Nucks as well.

This is one of those occasions that the trades works out great for both teams. (I recall trying to say this when it happened and being called insane for doing so.)

There has always been a method to Keenan's madness. Call him what you will as a head coach but he has always been an astute guy regarding trades.

He'll find another gig soon. Some owner will bring him in for a few years to GM his club. He'll tear it down, make good trades, piss a bunch of people off and get fired/quit and the team will turn out to be ok.

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 11:54 AM
One more thing, the NHL schedule is STUPID. I won't get into the "rant" about how they don't have every team playing every other team because I've beaten that to death. This is more Bruins related....

The season opened on the 4th of October. The Bruins did not play a game until the 6th. They played on the 6th and the 7th. They get 3 days off and then play on the 11th, 12th and 14th. All on the road.

They play 5 games in 9 days all on the road, all over the damn country.

Then they play 4 games in 18 days at home?

They don't play a home game until the season is 16 days old?

The Bruins are not the only team with a dumb schedule but they are my team so I see their schedule more then other teams.

Having teams play a ton of games in a short span of time on the road is rediculous. If you are worried about bunching games together to get the schedule in you should do it to teams while they are AT HOME. Having teams play 5 games in 9 nights on the road leads to injury and burns teams out.

There is my rant...

Slappy8800
10-10-2006, 05:44 PM
i lik the NHL schedule

Rocky Raccoon
10-10-2006, 06:05 PM
i lik the NHL schedule

Flyers - Rangers round 2 tonight :yes:

GO FLYERS!

Roman529
10-10-2006, 06:37 PM
One more thing, the NHL schedule is STUPID. I won't get into the "rant" about how they don't have every team playing every other team because I've beaten that to death. This is more Bruins related....

The season opened on the 4th of October. The Bruins did not play a game until the 6th. They played on the 6th and the 7th. They get 3 days off and then play on the 11th, 12th and 14th. All on the road.

There is my rant...

How can you have a 80 game season and not have every team play each other at least once. :confused: I can't see my Flyers playing the Aves here in Colorado this year...this is BS.

Roman529
10-10-2006, 06:39 PM
Flyers - Rangers round 2 tonight :yes:

GO FLYERS!

Just no shoot out this time. :rolleyes2

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
How can you have a 80 game season and not have every team play each other at least once. :confused: I can't see my Flyers playing the Aves here in Colorado this year...this is BS.
Ask Gary Bettman, he's the one who decided "rivalries" would be better if divisional teams played against each other more. Hockey fans know it is about MONEY. The owners save a ton on travel expenses when they don't have to go on as many road trips.

Rivalries are created in the playoffs, not by playing your division rivals 8 times a year. All that does is piss off your paying customers.

Crisis
10-10-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey, I like the fact that we get to destroy the Leafs 8 times a year!

unifiedtheory
10-10-2006, 10:37 PM
Hey, I like the fact that we get to destroy the Leafs 8 times a year!:sidelol:

djfresh47
10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
I like the schedules. I'd compare them to the MLB schedules.

KTownsDolphins
10-10-2006, 10:53 PM
I love it to,

we play the oilers and canucks 16 times

Amazing

GO FLAMES GO!!

dominizzo
10-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Flyersssss winnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! Wooooooot WWWWWWWWWoooot!!!

Here comes the Cupshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Slappy8800
10-11-2006, 12:35 AM
1 win and ur annointing them cup winners? :rolleyes:

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
I have Mark bell in my FAntasy team any news if his injury is serious!!\

id like to knmow!!!

Slappy or Uni would know

djfresh47
10-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Flyersssss winnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! Wooooooot WWWWWWWWWoooot!!!

Here comes the Cupshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

As long as they don't play Buffalo/New Jersey/Carolina/NYR in the playoffs they have an outside shot.

Slappy8800
10-11-2006, 05:06 PM
bell out a few weeks

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 06:12 PM
bell out a few weeks

You have sources i thoght he was day to day

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Flyers willl whoooopp those habs tonite

Roman529
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Flyers willl whoooopp those habs tonite

Yep, Forsberg is gonna school them.

Crisis
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
As long as they don't play Buffalo/New Jersey/Carolina/NYR in the playoffs they have an outside shot.

Outside shot at making the 2nd round.

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Yep, Forsberg is gonna school them.

They dont call peter a magician for nothing

Crisis
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
I just call him a fragile diver.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 09:41 PM
I love it to,

we play the oilers and canucks 16 times

Amazing

GO FLAMES GO!!
So you would rather see the Canucks, Wild, Av's and Oilers every year 8 times a year and only get to see the original 6 teams once every 4 years?

With the schedule the way it is you might see players like Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin twice in their ENTIRE career in your building. You'll see the Leafs, Sens and Habs once every 4 years in your building.

They should align the schedule like this:

6 games against your division teams (that is a total of 24 games)
2 games per season against every other team, one at home one on the road (a total of 50 games)
8 wild card games. These could be rivalry games (Canadian vs. Canadian teams, California teams vs. Cali teams etc.).

This would help sustain the so called "division rivalries" (which is a bit of a lie because rivalries are created in the playoffs) and let the FANS see every team and every player every season. It would also balance out the schedule a little bit because everyone would play each other.

If the NHL is so die-hard on the 8 divisional games a year you could discard the wild card games and have the divsional teams play each other 8 times and every other team plays each other twice. I could understand the 8 games versus your divisional teams IF the playoffs were aligned the old way.

I dunno, maybe I'm alone here but I think the schedule is crap. There is no way in hell the Canadian teams should'nt play each other, home and away, EVERY season.

Rocky Raccoon
10-11-2006, 09:46 PM
anyone know a good place to get jerseys online? Besides the obvious NHL.com.

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Ebay

DeathStar
10-11-2006, 10:20 PM
yay panthers!!!

double A is pretty good.

thank god for the captain. olli is awesome. WOOOOOOOOOO.

Rocky Raccoon
10-11-2006, 10:30 PM
holy crap the Wings layed the smack down on the Coyotes...9-2.

unifiedtheory
10-11-2006, 10:54 PM
holy crap the Wings layed the smack down on the Coyotes...9-2.

The Coyotes are really really bad.

d-day
10-12-2006, 12:29 AM
tucker moves up to the 1st line w/ sundin and wellwood
ponikarovsky moves to the oneil and stajan line
steen, peca, kilger line stays intact
and suglobov returns to the lineup - 4th line w/ pohl and battaglia

j.s. aubin gets the start tonight against the devils - same place he kicked off his 9-0-2 run late last year - meanwhile pavel kubina is out indefinitely with a strained medial collateral ligament in his left knee - wade belak moves back to defense to take his place - g.m. john ferguson acknowledged a minimum four weeks "might not be far off..."

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Outside shot at making the 2nd round.

Yeah i'm trying not to be blinded because i'm a Sabres fan but they're 3-0 and have not really played a good game yet. Ottawa they were good for about 40 minutes but they had no business beating Montreal or Carolina, IMO. I've really liked Vanek's game thus far.

unifiedtheory
10-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Yeah i'm trying not to be blinded because i'm a Sabres fan but they're 3-0 and have not really played a good game yet. Ottawa they were good for about 40 minutes but they had no business beating Montreal or Carolina, IMO. I've really liked Vanek's game thus far.

I said it 2 weeks ago....the Sabres are the best team in the East. They are BUILT for the "new" NHL.

dominizzo
10-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Any News on MArk bell?

The winger from SJ

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 01:15 AM
I said it 2 weeks ago....the Sabres are the best team in the East. They are BUILT for the "new" NHL.

I'm a Sabres fan but I think they're not a "dominant" team without Connolly. They maybe the class of the East without him but anybody who watched them last year he makes a world of difference on the power play and makes everybody on the ice with him better. It's early and from the three games that have been played I think Lindy knows he has a chance to be a great team this year. If Huet plays like he did the other night vs Buffalo, I look forward to see Miller/Huet games because he was great.

dominizzo
10-12-2006, 01:33 AM
I'm a Sabres fan but I think they're not a "dominant" team without Connolly. They maybe the class of the East without him but anybody who watched them last year he makes a world of difference on the power play and makes everybody on the ice with him better. It's early and from the three games that have been played I think Lindy knows he has a chance to be a great team this year. If Huet plays like he did the other night vs Buffalo, I look forward to see Miller/Huet games because he was great.

I really Think Florida will be goood!! They have a mix of vets and Youth and that Weiss kid is getting better!!

I think Alex Auld will make Pathers fans Forget bout luongo!! i say hes that good

Roman529
10-12-2006, 02:30 PM
I really Think Florida will be goood!! They have a mix of vets and Youth and that Weiss kid is getting better!!

I think Alex Auld will make Pathers fans Forget bout luongo!! i say hes that good

Hey Nizzo, we are going to be ok with Nitty in goal. Just keep Esche out of there. :D

Roman529
10-12-2006, 02:33 PM
anyone know a good place to get jerseys online? Besides the obvious NHL.com.

I picked up a couple of authentic game worn college hockey jerseys on E-Bay....Colorado College and DU. I would like to get a Minny or BC jersey. I've got a Flyers, Coyotes, Aves, Ducks in the pros.

RWhitney014
10-12-2006, 03:34 PM
If the Panthers can figure out a way to win 16-20 road games, they're going to be in a good position. They were really good at home last year and have scored 14 goals in two games in Sunrise thus far. The more they win on the road, the higher they go.

But it's so refreshing to see an offensive team on the ice.

DeathStar
10-12-2006, 03:43 PM
I picked up a couple of authentic game worn college hockey jerseys on E-Bay....Colorado College and DU. I would like to get a Minny or BC jersey. I've got a Flyers, Coyotes, Aves, Ducks in the pros.
go eagles... i really love our jerseys and we are number 1 in the country...WOOOOOOO.

Slappy8800
10-12-2006, 04:44 PM
go Umaine black bears!

FLYERS SUCK!

icephinfan
10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Here's a little read for Slappy and Nizzo:

Flyers goaltender Robert Esche is clearly unhappy about sitting out for three straight games, but he has taken the high road and not complained. Esche did not look good in the 4-0 loss in Pittsburgh.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

Flyers defenseman Mike Rathje still does not have a conclusive diagnosis as to what is wrong with his ailing back. Rathje was evaluated by a neurologist Daniel Feinberg yesterday afternoon and given a tentative diagnosis of piriformis syndrome, according to trainer Jim McCrossin. The condition irritates the sciatic nerve, causing pain in the lower back, buttocks and leg. If the diagnosis is correct, Rathje could have an injection to correct the problem and could be back on the ice late next week, McCrossin said.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

Rangers coach Tom Renney wasn't making any proclamations about whether Darius Kasparaitis would make his season debut tonight against Pittsburgh at the Garden. But after the normally happy-go-lucky defenseman came off the ice, he walked away from reporters in mid-sentence to compose himself for fear of saying something disruptive to the team.
-- New York Daily News

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 07:36 PM

I don't think Auld is in the same class as Loungo.

unifiedtheory
10-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I don't think Auld is in the same class as Loungo.

Who the hell said that? :lol:

Luongo is a franchise goaltender and one of the best 5 goalies on the planet.
Auld is a good young goalie but he's not even in the 2nd tier of goalies yet.

djfresh47
10-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Who the hell said that? :lol:

Luongo is a franchise goaltender and one of the best 5 goalies on the planet.
Auld is a good young goalie but he's not even in the 2nd tier of goalies yet.

Loungo and Kiprusoff are 1 & 2, IMO. There are alot of very good goaltenders but those two are great.

Rocky Raccoon
10-12-2006, 10:55 PM
the best thing the NHL did when they came back from the lockout was adding the shoot-out and axing ties. God that Leafs-Devils game was great.

Crisis
10-13-2006, 12:44 AM
THREE natural hatties tonight.

Gionta, Cheechoo, and Smyth.

dominizzo
10-13-2006, 01:07 AM
WOOW Sharks got Shark bittten

KTownsDolphins
10-13-2006, 02:22 AM
Eat it Ottawa

Another typical flames game 1-0 win

unifiedtheory
10-13-2006, 02:27 AM
the best thing the NHL did when they came back from the lockout was adding the shoot-out and axing ties. God that Leafs-Devils game was great.
I agree...

As long as they never, EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR end playoff games in a shhotout....

If that happened I don't think I'd watch another game.

PressCoverage
10-13-2006, 02:39 AM
ummmm... yeah, just curious... how many games have the Bruins given away in the last 5 minutes the past 2-3 years? somewhere around 25 now?... good lord do we suck... who said this team was gonna be competitive this year? ... certainly not this kid...

this is what happens when you trade away your top overall draft pick for two "grinders".... make plans for late april golf, bruins... you're not going anywhere come playoff time...

burton87
10-13-2006, 06:45 AM
The Penguins game tonight was an instant classic... 11 goals in the final two , three teenages scored for the Pens. Crosby scores with 3.3 seconds left to give us a 6 - 5 win. Awesome, awesome game.

Tonight certified two things:
1. The NHL rules
2. The Pens are going to be scary when Malkin debuts.

:woot:

Slappy8800
10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
the penguins rangers game was awful....the refs calling non penalties and missing obvious ones.

and Domm here ya go

Mark bell Injured Reserve as of Oct 9, 2006 (Pulled groin - Out indefinitely)

DeathStar
10-13-2006, 11:25 AM
henrik sucks.

dominizzo
10-13-2006, 01:00 PM
the penguins rangers game was awful....the refs calling non penalties and missing obvious ones.

and Domm here ya go

Is that like 4-6 weeks Slappy Sheeez

icephinfan
10-13-2006, 01:21 PM
More little reads for Nizzo, not sure if you saw the last one I left you.

There is a feeling among the Flyers' players and coaches that if the shot accuracy and decision-making on the power play had been better, the team would be 3-1 now. One thing that stood out on film to Ken Hitchcock was that the Flyers' forwards were not cutting across the goal line toward the net with the puck or feeding it into the slot. Mike Richards, Peter Forsberg and Simon Gagne did that against the Rangers.
-- Philadelphia Inquirer

unifiedtheory
10-13-2006, 06:35 PM
ummmm... yeah, just curious... how many games have the Bruins given away in the last 5 minutes the past 2-3 years? somewhere around 25 now?... good lord do we suck... who said this team was gonna be competitive this year? ... certainly not this kid...

this is what happens when you trade away your top overall draft pick for two "grinders".... make plans for late april golf, bruins... you're not going anywhere come playoff time...

LOL...

Relax Press, it is still VERY early. Getting started on such a long roadie does not help matters in my opinion.

I think they are going to score with people and the defense will only get better. I'm concerned about Tim Thomas though, I think Lewis should ride out Hannu Toivonen until he drops.

Squish_The_Fish
10-13-2006, 10:01 PM
Ryan Miller is a god...

simple as that.

GoBills24
10-13-2006, 10:43 PM
Ryan Miller is a god...

simple as that.

Got that right.

He had to stand on his head today for the Sabres to have a chance, and he did. And then, he shined in the shootout.

I'll tell you (not that I need to, of course), whenever this defense has an off night, Miller is always there to back them up.

Also, I almost cried when I heard Ales Kotalik was up next in the shootout. I was convinced he'd shoot it over the top of the net. :D

Go Sabres!!!

:cooldude:

LoXiN
10-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Ryan Miller is a god...

simple as that.

Hes the 4th Miller Brother right? After Kelly, Kevin, and Kip.

Heard the 4th Was the only in the family whos named didnt start with a K (5th does too) and was a goalie.

DeathStar
10-13-2006, 11:18 PM
lets go cats! lets go cats!

olli is pretty good. double A is awesome. luongo who?

GoBills24
10-15-2006, 12:14 AM
Sabres win again, 7-4, over the NY Rangers.

They now have a 5-0 record to start the season. :cooldude:

Chris Drury had the hat trick tonight, for Buffalo.

Pink_Dove
10-15-2006, 12:48 AM
Best game since the lockout. At least for ANY Leafs fan.

They outplayed a good Calgary team but more importantly Captain Clutch, Mats, scored a hat trick, in OT, shorthanded (an ABSOLUTE BULLET from the blueline) that won us the game. Oh and it was his 500th goal to top it all off. If you were to write that ending, I'm not sure it would be credible.

Way to go Mats !!!!!!

:allhail:

Sundin's 500th goal ties him with Dave Keon for 2nd place all time for the Leafs (done in 200+ less games). He is only 24 goals behind Sittler.

Mats is the 35th player in NHL history to score 500 or more goals and his 500th ties him with Lanny McDonald for 34th on the all time list.

His 500th goal also set the NHL record (already held by Captain Clutch) to 15 OT goals !

A Hall of Famer sort of night.

dominizzo
10-15-2006, 02:12 AM
Flyers lose again Im friggin pisssed

Slappy8800
10-15-2006, 11:25 AM
at least u werent embarassed like the rangers

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:53 AM
damn jacques...stop playing the eagle the bum in net.

hahaha. the rangers goalies are ATRIOCIOUS. hahaha.

unifiedtheory
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
damn jacques...stop playing the eagle the bum in net.

hahaha. the rangers goalies are ATRIOCIOUS. hahaha.

You have to expect it....Auld is an ascending talent but he is not ready to play 70 games a year.

unifiedtheory
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
'Izzo is no longer on ignore...LOL!

dominizzo
10-15-2006, 10:38 PM
'Izzo is no longer on ignore...LOL!

yeahhhhhhh!!!

i misssed u bro!!

2 questions

Will Glen Murray have a good year predict his points i have him in my pool

any news when Mark Bell will be back i have him in my pool

unifiedtheory
10-15-2006, 11:24 PM
yeahhhhhhh!!!

i misssed u bro!!

2 questions

Will Glen Murray have a good year predict his points i have him in my pool

any news when Mark Bell will be back i have him in my pool

Bell is indefinite the last time I heard.

Murray should be fine, I think 30 goals and 70 points is not out of line.

dominizzo
10-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Bell is indefinite the last time I heard.

Murray should be fine, I think 30 goals and 70 points is not out of line.

ill be happy with 70 points

djfresh47
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Buffalo looked very good vs the Rangers. I didn't get to see the game on Friday vs the Wings due to a crazy power outage but all I heard was that Miller was the only reason they won that game. I am surprised that the game was even played vs the Rangers as of today myself included like 200,000 residents of Buffalo are without power.

dominizzo
10-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Is Svatos hurt bad?

d-day
10-17-2006, 01:46 AM
With Mats Sundin's 3rd goal of the night vs Calgary, he became the 35th National Hockey Leaguer to reach 500, first to do it in a Leafs sweater, and he tied Dave Keon for second in team history with 365 goals.

Sundin leads the National Hockey League in regular-season career overtime goals with 15, and has 36 game-winning goals since the start of the 2000-01 season, which also is an NHL best.

congrats Mats :up:

Slappy8800
10-17-2006, 08:49 AM
rangers end their 3 game slide with a win vs the debbies

whew

dominizzo
10-17-2006, 01:16 PM
That Lundy Goali made sick saves!! i say We trade Esvhe for Lundy Slappy

Roman529
10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Flyers lose again Im friggin pisssed

It is a long season Nizzo...remember, this is the NHL where "everyone" makes the playoffs and the regular season doesn't count for much. :lol:

dominizzo
10-17-2006, 08:49 PM
Flyers are taking a beating!!

I just hope Clarke makes trade!!

Im Convinced Ryan Miller Is a top 3 Goalie

PeaTearGriffin
10-17-2006, 09:08 PM
8-1 :sidelol:

PeaTearGriffin
10-17-2006, 09:10 PM
And now 9-1

dominizzo
10-17-2006, 09:18 PM
Why Is EsChe Still In Net??

Dejavu With That Habs and Detroit Game When Roy Was Yanked after 10 goals

unifiedtheory
10-17-2006, 10:07 PM
Why Is EsChe Still In Net??

Dejavu With That Habs and Detroit Game When Roy Was Yanked after 10 goals

The only difference is Pat Roy win Cups, won more gaames then anyone and is headed to the Hall of Fame and Bob Esche is...

...well, he's Bob Esche.

dominizzo
10-17-2006, 10:19 PM
Esche stinks!!

Trade his a$$ away Clarke

Slappy8800
10-17-2006, 10:34 PM
nizzo i LOVE alyssa milano!

John Biello
10-17-2006, 11:06 PM
eshce is horrendous, do they have any other otpions in their system that they are developing or are they really ****ed? screw em anyways for taking forsberg ( though we couldnt afford him)

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 01:15 AM
nizzo i LOVE alyssa milano!

WOOW We got somtin in Common!!

Im in love with her!! Shes sooo hot!! Id ruin her and ill make sure ill make the whole Fh Crrew Do her

Roman529
10-18-2006, 02:29 AM
And now 9-1

:shakeno:

Slappy8800
10-18-2006, 12:31 PM
malkin set to debut tonight...anyone else excited?

burton87
10-18-2006, 02:20 PM
malkin set to debut tonight...anyone else excited?

Yes

djfresh47
10-18-2006, 03:21 PM
at least u werent embarassed like the rangers

Spoken too soon....The Sabres are 6-0 and every team they've beaten thus far was a playoff team last year. Thomas Vanek has been great so far this year.

Pink_Dove
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Spoken too soon....The Sabres are 6-0 and every team they've beaten thus far was a playoff team last year. Thomas Vanek has been great so far this year.

I could see the Sabres starting their season 20-3. Something similar to what the Sens pulled off last year. They're definately the heavy favourites in the East as Carolina has dropped a bit, the Flyers are done, the Rangers don't match up well etc...

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 03:31 PM
I wanna see What MAlkin does vs NJ

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 03:34 PM
Flyers release peter nedved, nolan BUMgartner ANd Niko Dimitrakos!!!

Great moves by the Flyers!!! Clear space

Slappy8800
10-18-2006, 03:35 PM
clear space for what? they gonna sign artus irbe? maybe tommy salo?

hahahahahahah

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 03:40 PM
I hopoe Sully scored 4 goals tonite to slappp those rangers

djfresh47
10-18-2006, 03:47 PM
I could see the Sabres starting their season 20-3. Something similar to what the Sens pulled off last year. They're definately the heavy favourites in the East as Carolina has dropped a bit, the Flyers are done, the Rangers don't match up well etc...

They've scored 6 more goals than any other team in the league without one of their top offensive players. They're rolling right now but it's still only 6 games into the season. Last year they started like 8-9 and had injuries to Noronen/Miller and maybe Biron but got on a roll.

unifiedtheory
10-18-2006, 04:17 PM
Flyers release peter nedved, nolan BUMgartner ANd Niko Dimitrakos!!!

Great moves by the Flyers!!! Clear space

Nolan will be brought back unless someone plucks him off waivers. Nedved and Niko are on there way to the minors.

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 09:31 PM
Rangers are down 3-0 Woooot

DeathStar
10-18-2006, 09:37 PM
malkin first goal in first game...impressive.

malkin.crosby.reichi line looks pretty good.

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 09:45 PM
I hope the Pens make the playoffs

burton87
10-20-2006, 12:48 AM
Malkin scores again tonight on a one handed feed from Crosby.. Gonshar with an OT slappy to win it.

Crosby is 19, Malkin is 20... :yes:

unifiedtheory
10-20-2006, 02:08 AM
Malkin scores again tonight on a one handed feed from Crosby.. Gonshar with an OT slappy to win it.

Crosby is 19, Malkin is 20... :yes:

I'm so happy Malkin is back. I have him in a 10 person, $50.00 to play, winner take all pool. I got him in the 5th round, his injury scared everyone, including me away but when I was picking in the 5th round I could not pass on the kid.

Bruins won tonight and Hannu Toivonen looked sharp. Amazingly, tonight was the Bruins HOME OPENER....16 days into the season, that is a bit of a joke.

Next for the B's, the unbeaten Sabres in Boston on Saturday. Should be interesting....LOL.

John Biello
10-20-2006, 03:17 AM
unified how is chara fitting in on the b's blueline? havent heard or seen anything about him

dominizzo
10-20-2006, 03:30 AM
WOOW!! Flyers better do something about their team!! WOOW Sadd

unifiedtheory
10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
unified how is chara fitting in on the b's blueline? havent heard or seen anything about him
I've seen VERY little Bruins hockey this year so far. I can't get the "center icfe" package because my local cable affiliate does not offer it. I'd get a dish so I could get it but then Sunday Ticket would go up....and I'll always choose Sunday Ticket.

All the reports I've read is that it is a learning process. He's got 5 points in 6 games and is playing 30:00 minutes a night but he is also a -4. Getting used to a new partner (he's been playing with basically everyone) and poor goaltending in a few games (Tim Thomas has been terrible) will get your +/- down in no time.

The Bruins started out with a long road trip and were brutal a few nights on it. Lewis blew the whole thing up when they got home, changing all the lines and parings around and they played better against Calgary during their home opener.

Chara doesn't worry me to be honest. My main concerns coming into the season were scoring depth and goaltending. Well, they have not been scoring and the goaltending has been spotty.

I expected a relatively slow start. A lot of new faces, new coach, rookie goaltender and a new system. I'll give it 20 games before I get to excited or disappointed.

DeathStar
10-20-2006, 10:19 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....GO CATS GO. beat the flyers 3-2, eagle got his first W and olli is still amazing.

...Panthers, who started the season 4-0 at home for the first time since 1995-96, when they made it to the Stanley Cup Finals. (Sportsline.com)

and btw some rats were thrown on the ice after the win...could this be the year of the rat 2?

Crisis
10-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Thomas Vanek is turning into a very complete player...

He's lightyears ahead of where he was last year. Ruff has done a great job with him. Benching him in the playoffs might've been the best thing for him.

John Biello
10-20-2006, 10:53 PM
ive always felt a bit of a soft spot for the bruins. they have had some of greatest and classiest players to play the game. i remember the great feeling i had when bourque was dealt to the avs, since it was a surprise and we jumped in at the last moment. alot of people forget they lost to dallas in game 7 of the conference finals that year, but ray came back for one more run and the got it done. seeing those half bruin half av jerseys was awesome. im also from rhode island so i attended alot of providence bruins ahl games. i dont get to watch much hockey myself though occasionally a game is on hd net or the new oln, whatever it is now...i play more than i watch which sucks cuz i only play once a week if i m lucky

djfresh47
10-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Thomas Vanek is turning into a very complete player...

He's lightyears ahead of where he was last year. Ruff has done a great job with him. Benching him in the playoffs might've been the best thing for him.

Easily was their best player tonight. He had to do something to catch the attention of Lindy in the offeseason. The first PK of the season Thomas Vanek was on the ice. Vanek was awful in the playoffs last year so I didn't hate him not dressing. How many coaches in the league would bench a 25 goal scorer? I'm going to assume Biron gets the start tomorrow night.

GoBills24
10-21-2006, 02:44 AM
ive always felt a bit of a soft spot for the bruins. they have had some of greatest and classiest players to play the game. i remember the great feeling i had when bourque was dealt to the avs, since it was a surprise and we jumped in at the last moment. alot of people forget they lost to dallas in game 7 of the conference finals that year, but ray came back for one more run and the got it done. seeing those half bruin half av jerseys was awesome. im also from rhode island so i attended alot of providence bruins ahl games. i dont get to watch much hockey myself though occasionally a game is on hd net or the new oln, whatever it is now...i play more than i watch which sucks cuz i only play once a week if i m lucky

Are you a Sabres fan?

Was wondering, since I saw your avatar.

John Biello
10-21-2006, 06:40 PM
nah man, lol didnt you read my post, it was all about the avs, but how i feel for the bruins. im an avs fan, but drury was like the one that got away, one of my favorite players

MillerTime
10-21-2006, 09:36 PM
8-0

ties a franchise record

8 games, 42 goals

max now leads the league in points, and drury leads in goals

go sabres!

Roman529
10-21-2006, 09:45 PM
8-0

ties a franchise record

8 games, 42 goals

go sabres!

Barfolo won't do it in hockey or the NFL. :lol:

DeathStar
10-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Flyers GM Clarke resigns; coach Hitchcock fired

Flyers general manager Bob Clarke resigned and coach Ken Hitchcock was fired Sunday in a major shakeup with Philadelphia off to its worst start in more than 15 years, a person in the NHL with knowledge of the decision told The Associated Press on Sunday.

espn.com

WarriorWelker83
10-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Hitchcock in no way deserved to be fired for this teams performance. This is disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if the players played better for John Stevens since many of them played for him in the minors, but he's still no Ken Hitchock. You cant teach heart, and you cant teach hustle, and that's what has been missing from the Flyers team since the start of the 05 season.

The front office has done a poor job with this team that's no secret. For years Bobby Clarke's policies have held this team back from winning a stanley cup. I'm not sad to see him go. I love Clarkey, but he's no GM. Paul Holmgren another Flyer great will take over, and we'll see what happens. But it's no secret Ed Snider is furious right now and he wants this team to turn around fast.

dominizzo
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Im happpy fatcock is gone but im sadly depressed that Clarke is gone!!

I dont think we will ever see trades with Holmgren

djfresh47
10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Hitchcock in no way deserved to be fired for this teams performance. This is disgusting. I wouldn't be surprised if the players played better for John Stevens since many of them played for him in the minors, but he's still no Ken Hitchock. You cant teach heart, and you cant teach hustle, and that's what has been missing from the Flyers team since the start of the 05 season.

The front office has done a poor job with this team that's no secret. For years Bobby Clarke's policies have held this team back from winning a stanley cup. I'm not sad to see him go. I love Clarkey, but he's no GM. Paul Holmgren another Flyer great will take over, and we'll see what happens. But it's no secret Ed Snider is furious right now and he wants this team to turn around fast.

What has been missing for years is a quality goaltender and speed. With the new rules the Flyers have been left behind because they have poor skaters. When was the last time Philly had a good goaltender? They get these guys who usually are average during the regular season and then get exposed in the playoffs. Philly can make front office moves but it still doesn't matter because they're not a good team. Firing Hitchcock may give the team a "spark," for a little bit but teams that have speed will still go right around the likes of Darien Hatcher.

djfresh47
10-22-2006, 08:14 PM
8-0

ties a franchise record

8 games, 42 goals

go sabres!

The team seems to turn it up a notch in the 2nd period. I was shocked when Vanek didn't do the "around-the-world," move on his breakaway. Everything is clicking right now offensively.

Slappy8800
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
how are u going tyo miss Clarke? he hasnt helped ur team 1 iota

unifiedtheory
10-22-2006, 11:44 PM
Flyers GM Clarke resigns; coach Hitchcock fired

espn.com

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

Roman529
10-23-2006, 01:52 AM
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!

:eek:

Dominizzo and I are very happy!!!!!!!!!!

GO FLYERS.

WarriorWelker83
10-23-2006, 06:33 AM
What has been missing for years is a quality goaltender and speed. With the new rules the Flyers have been left behind because they have poor skaters. When was the last time Philly had a good goaltender? They get these guys who usually are average during the regular season and then get exposed in the playoffs. Philly can make front office moves but it still doesn't matter because they're not a good team. Firing Hitchcock may give the team a "spark," for a little bit but teams that have speed will still go right around the likes of Darien Hatcher.

When Jeremey Roenick and Keith Primeau were here. This team had a hell of a lot more heart. They played really tough and wanted to win and you could just see that. When i watch this team, and i DO watch them EVERY time they're on, they look like a bunch of slow, emotionless zombies. That goes for Derian Hatcher, Mike Rathje and many of their other players.

Now i KNOW they haven't had a franchise caliber goalie probably since Pelle Lindbergh died. Ron Hextall was solid for several years but he was no Bernie Parent and he was no Pelle. I KNOW they've always needed a goalie, because the mediocre goalies they've had dont get it done in the playoffs. But at some point it would be nice to see fire from the players too. When they're down, they give up. When they're up, they dont apply pressure. I dont think that's a result of Ken Hitchcock.

Maybe John Stevens is going to provide that spark, because after all many guys have played for him before on this team. Stevens will be less up tight and aggressive, less of a disciplinarian. But how long is that going to last? This team of "scorers" cant even buy a goal. They are 4-55 on the power play which is HORRENDOUS. I figured they'd make the playoffs as a 5-6 seed because they can score. Not necessarily needing to stop goals. Well NOW they cant even do that.

Bob Clarke had to go....

Ken Hitchcock didn't. Not 8 games in.

miamichael2
10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Im happpy fatcock is gone but im sadly depressed that Clarke is gone!!

I dont think we will ever see trades with Holmgren
How can you possibly be upset that Clarke is gone? He built that pathetic team. With Clarke gone, they can only go up.. he was complete tool.

dominizzo
10-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Its Cuz Clarke always traded for good players!! i cant See Holmgren doing that

WarriorWelker83
10-23-2006, 03:30 PM
Its Cuz Clarke always traded for good players!! i cant See Holmgren doing that

Clarke brought in some names....Many of the players he brought in would underachieve or just show their age in the playoffs and run completely out of gas. He also never brought in a stanley cup quality goal tender, and settled for stiffs like Checkmanek, Burke, Boucher and tried to pass them off as solid as they had one great game or series.

dominizzo
10-23-2006, 04:01 PM
Wqarroir Im a die HArd Flyer fan!! MAn !! my twams Suxck this year as do yours !! Well If we do have a bad year theres promising draft pick Angelo Esposito!! HEs amazing

Slappy8800
10-23-2006, 06:19 PM
bring back the whale!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=43378551&MyToken=aba072ae-8232-4e50-8cae-2078d9559318

GoBills24
10-23-2006, 09:37 PM
Sabres win 9th consecutive game.

:cooldude:

djfresh47
10-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I hate when guys gurantee victories. Maybe in the SB or like Messier but in the 9th game of the year c'mon Ninimaa!

RunningBackGuru
10-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Sabres are really the team to beat this year. They can get goals from a bunch of players and they have 3 solid lines. Not to mention their amazing goalie.

unifiedtheory
10-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Sabres are really the team to beat this year. They can get goals from a bunch of players and they have 3 solid lines. Not to mention their amazing goalie.

They are the best team in the league by a wide margin...

I will say one thing though and this NOT meant to bash the Sabres in any way, shape or form...

It is REALLY early in the season.

dominizzo
10-24-2006, 12:17 AM
I dunno Uni But The Sharks Look Impresssive!!

that Milan Mickhalek kid is a stud

WarriorWelker83
10-24-2006, 03:01 PM
Wqarroir Im a die HArd Flyer fan!! MAn !! my twams Suxck this year as do yours !! Well If we do have a bad year theres promising draft pick Angelo Esposito!! HEs amazing

Esposito sounds like a promising name to me ;)