PDA

View Full Version : who is the most surprising rookie so far ?

fastball83
10-04-2006, 02:07 AM
colston from NO for me and you ?:dolphins:

SEAFinFan
10-04-2006, 02:37 AM
Colston by a long shot.

Maroney too, but I guess he wasn't really a surprise.

HelloMotto
10-04-2006, 05:18 AM

yeah he has our qb throwing to him. if duante was there we wouldn't know his name.

Miamibyrd_24
10-04-2006, 07:41 AM
Maroney has proven what he's about.

@@@
10-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Colston has been good so has greg jennings in green bay and DeAngelo Williams has had some nice gains

canuckfinfreak
10-04-2006, 07:58 AM
The best looking rookie to me, and i hate to say it, is Maroney. Im not looking forward to him the next 5 years, as for honorable mentions, jones drew and norwood look amazing in limited action, colston has been unreal considering when he was drafted as well

FinNasty
10-04-2006, 08:45 AM
I am honestly suprised about Maroney. I didnt think he was that good...

I was thrilled when they passed up DeAngelo for him, and still am... but Maroney looks like he is just as good...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
can't go with a first rounder as a surprise. they're supposed to be good.

so it's colston by a long shot. 7th rounder!

popularwar
10-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Maroney is on my fantasy team so I've been keeping a close eye to him and.... damn. We have to play that guy twice a year for who knows how long. He's just so fast, he'll have a tiny cutback lane and the ability to take it to the house. The same could be said about Maurice Jones-Drew, though he's been more effective in the passing game.

PyroDOLFAN
10-04-2006, 09:39 AM
yeah he has our qb throwing to him. if duante was there we wouldn't know his name.

:sidelol: the sad part is I have to agree

Stitches
10-04-2006, 09:47 AM

Well, he doesn't have our Qb throwing to him, since OUR Qb is Culpepper, and Brees is on a completely different team, in a different conference. And you can't say you wouldn't know Colston's name if Daunte was there, it's a completely different offense than ours, with a much different line. Who knows what Daunte could do there? It's pretty easy to speculate though, with no facts to back it up huh?

Aussiefinfan54
10-04-2006, 10:11 AM
well its none of ours thats for sure

JTech194
10-04-2006, 10:24 AM

JASON ALLEN HANDS DOWN.

mmikel30
10-04-2006, 10:29 AM
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:
JASON ALLEN HANDS DOWN.

adamprez2003
10-04-2006, 10:30 AM
The Bills secondary

305TillIDie
10-04-2006, 10:41 AM
JASON ALLEN HANDS DOWN.:lol:

Mr772
10-04-2006, 11:09 AM
JASON ALLEN HANDS DOWN.

surprisingly missing from action??

Mr772
10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, he doesn't have our Qb throwing to him, since OUR Qb is Culpepper, and Brees is on a completely different team, in a different conference. And you can't say you wouldn't know Colston's name if Daunte was there, it's a completely different offense than ours, with a much different line. Who knows what Daunte could do there? It's pretty easy to speculate though, with no facts to back it up huh?

I think he is trying to allude that we would be in much better shape if we had picked up Brees in the draft or last year as a free agent.

Stitches
10-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I think he is trying to allude that we would be in much better shape if we had picked up Brees in the draft or last year as a free agent.

I know that's what he's saying. But it's all speculation since NO and us run completely different offenses and have different offensive lines. Just because someone does well one place doesn't automatically mean they will somewhere else.

Bill C
10-04-2006, 01:04 PM
JASON ALLEN HANDS DOWN.

Completely agree. Jason Allen is the most surprising rookie by far. The #16 pick playing a position that is definitely one of the weakest on the team and arguably one of the weakest in the NFL can't even get on the field.

nick1
10-04-2006, 01:30 PM
if your taking about bad play it's Mario Williams but I guess a DE is one of the hardest as a rookie, still the #1 pick has to do more.

Colston is the most impressive, if you don't follow the draft much than you wouldn't even know his name because of him being a 7th rounder. but you do because he's been making plays

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-04-2006, 01:37 PM
if you're going to talk about surprisingly bad rookies, then you gotta mention reggie bush. he's getting hype this season like he's doing anything. the most you can say for him is that he's healthy and doing what the coaches ask him. but no touchdowns, a 6.3 punt return average, less yards than 3 other rookie backs (all of whom are sharing carries with veterans), etc. he really hasn't lit the world on fire. he's a backup RB and a possession receiver at this point.

nick1
10-04-2006, 02:27 PM
if you're going to talk about surprisingly bad rookies, then you gotta mention reggie bush. he's getting hype this season like he's doing anything. the most you can say for him is that he's healthy and doing what the coaches ask him. but no touchdowns, a 6.3 punt return average, less yards than 3 other rookie backs (all of whom are sharing carries with veterans), etc. he really hasn't lit the world on fire. he's a backup RB and a possession receiver at this point.
never was a big fan of Reggie Bush, he's not very durable in my opinion but he has lasted so far without injury. too much hype and as you said all of his fellow 1st round RBs are doing more than him. Maroney is a beast though

Amars
10-04-2006, 08:01 PM
Jason Allen - Miami Dolphins

Surprised that he hasnt played

Roman529
10-05-2006, 10:29 PM
Maroney....he is going to be helping the Pats for years. :tantrum:

Mike13
10-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Jason Allen - Miami Dolphins

The Herald said that he will play soon, maybe even sunday.

Anyway Colston is a beast.

Brown42000
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Colston is the most surprising and I think Reggie Bush is the most dissappointing right now.

Vertical Limit
10-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Marques Colston owns. Best WR in the league at the moment.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Marques Colston owns. Best WR in the league at the moment.
that simply isn't true.

NJL52
10-12-2006, 03:53 PM
Most suprising?
Devin Hester
Didn't know it was possible to do the stuff he did in college in the NFL.

The Bears need to find a way to give this guy the ball on offense.

Stitches
10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
Most suprising?
Devin Hester
Didn't know it was possible to do the stuff he did in college in the NFL.

The Bears need to find a way to give this guy the ball on offense.

He's had one good play. Other than that he's done nothing of note. Colston is bar none the most surprising.

run-ronnie-run
10-12-2006, 03:58 PM
ya well daunterrible would do bad there im sure. hes garbage. and maroney is the best rookie, wait a couple of years and he is gonna do great things

Stitches
10-12-2006, 03:59 PM
ya well daunterrible would do bad there im sure. hes garbage. and maroney is the best rookie, wait a couple of years and he is gonna do great things

Maroney may be the best rookie(I don't think he is), but it asked who was most surprising. No way Maroney is the most surprising rookie.

Stitches
10-12-2006, 04:00 PM
And besides it being surprsing that Jason Allen has yet to play anything but special teams, I'm pretty sure Dallas' 1st round pick(Carpenter) has yet to to even make it onto the field this season. I find that surprising as well.

run-ronnie-run
10-12-2006, 04:04 PM
And besides it being surprsing that Jason Allen has yet to play anything but special teams, I'm pretty sure Dallas' 1st round pick(Carpenter) has yet to to even make it onto the field this season. I find that surprising as well.
well they cant take out experienced veterans for jason allen. maybe there not playing that good, but who says allen will. obviously if he is not playing the coaches must be seeing something were not.

run-ronnie-run
10-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Maroney may be the best rookie(I don't think he is), but it asked who was most surprising. No way Maroney is the most surprising rookie.
and who cares what the question was. i believe he is the best and thats it, there was no need to correct me buddy.

run-ronnie-run
10-12-2006, 04:07 PM
I know that's what he's saying. But it's all speculation since NO and us run completely different offenses and have different offensive lines. Just because someone does well one place doesn't automatically mean they will somewhere else.
well he played good on san diego and new orleans . so that says something

Stitches
10-12-2006, 04:47 PM
well they cant take out experienced veterans for jason allen. maybe there not playing that good, but who says allen will. obviously if he is not playing the coaches must be seeing something were not.

No, no I agree with you here. I was just saying, because so many people on this board make such a big deal about our first round pick not contributing, I just wanted to show it happens elsewhere too. I too believe the coaches put the players out that they think will give us the best chance to win.

And the thing about Drew Brees playing well in SD an NO. He had one ok season in SD, and one reall good season there. So he may not have done well here, and DC may have flourished in NO even if he was equal physically there as he is to here. You really can't just assume it will be the same, look at Edge in Arizona(perrenial pro-bowler who looks mediocre right now).

run-ronnie-run
10-13-2006, 02:31 PM
No, no I agree with you here. I was just saying, because so many people on this board make such a big deal about our first round pick not contributing, I just wanted to show it happens elsewhere too. I too believe the coaches put the players out that they think will give us the best chance to win.

And the thing about Drew Brees playing well in SD an NO. He had one ok season in SD, and one reall good season there. So he may not have done well here, and DC may have flourished in NO even if he was equal physically there as he is to here. You really can't just assume it will be the same, look at Edge in Arizona(perrenial pro-bowler who looks mediocre right now).
and i too agree with you im just putting it out there. i mean hey you never know.

Shula Come Back!
10-13-2006, 05:36 PM
I would say Maurice Drew Jones. That kid looks like the read deal!

PhinsRock
10-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Has to be Colston, with Maroney a close 2nd.