PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock vs Ortiz - oct 10 - live and free

shipwreck
10-05-2006, 03:53 AM
I will take Shamrock. Tito is not going to take the fight serious. Shamrock is is looking for respect to retire. It is Shamrock's Superbowl and Tito nuisance fight. heres the rest of the fight card: http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightCard&eid=221

Motion
10-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Yeah, this was announced about 2 months ago.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=153869

bullseyeguy
10-05-2006, 11:05 AM
You take Shamrock???? Wow, apparently you havent watched their last 2 fights...

MikeO
10-05-2006, 11:17 AM
Tito won't take it seriously???

He has a Dec 30th fight with Chuck Lidell hanging in the balance!!!!!!!!! I think Tito will take it seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!

tucker
10-05-2006, 11:30 AM
and then liddel will whoop his *** again

MikeO
10-05-2006, 11:48 AM
and then liddel will whoop his *** again

maybe.....probably!!

But a lot of money he will make for that fight with Chuck. And for someone to say he won't take this fight next week seriously is crazy! Because if he were to lose next week then he will lose out on the big payday with Chuck!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

tucker
10-05-2006, 11:59 AM
i dont think losing to shamrock would hurt that much..unles its set up to where tito has to win in order to fight chuck..i'm also getting tired of seeing the same fighters fight over and over

bullseyeguy
10-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Its Shamrock anyways, that means even if he doesnt take it seriously, he will still brutalize his face...

FinsNYanksFan13
10-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Another waste of time. The question isn't if Ortiz beats Shamrock it's a matter of what round he does it in or if he actually kills Shamrock this time or not!

icephinfan
10-05-2006, 08:39 PM
Aw hell, it's free. No complaint here.

shipwreck
10-06-2006, 02:25 AM
I hope Shamrock wins...but whatever it is, i've heard him say that be it a win, lose or draw...the hachet is going to be buried.

now that sounds cool...

AggieFin21
10-06-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm so tired of watching Shamrock get his *** beat.....

bullseyeguy
10-06-2006, 02:56 PM
It will never get old for me....

tucker
10-06-2006, 03:34 PM
i used to love watching shamrock back in the day!! buddy was a beast..my all time favorite tho is Tank

Motion
10-06-2006, 03:43 PM
It will never get old for me....

:yeahthat:

He used to be one of my favorite fighters way back when but now he's a complete tool.

CharlestonPhan
10-06-2006, 04:35 PM
i used to love watching shamrock back in the day!! buddy was a beast..my all time favorite tho is Tank

i always liked Don "the Predator" Frye back in the old days of UFC. he has been in PRIDE for several years now, and is at the end of his career. that dude could take a punch, and dish it out too.

as for this fight, Tito is going to maul Shamrock. again.

ckb2001
10-06-2006, 05:08 PM
i always liked Don "the Predator" Frye back in the old days of UFC. he has been in PRIDE for several years now, and is at the end of his career. that dude could take a punch, and dish it out too.

as for this fight, Tito is going to maul Shamrock. again.

Yeah, Tito should win. Personally, I liked (and still like) Ken's brother Frank!

His jujitsu was truly worth watching. As far as Ken is concerned, I stopped liking him after Ultimate Fighter showed him having little interest in much except his ego. And I also think Liddell versus Ortiz would be far more interesting to watch than Shamrock versus Liddell.

Well, as was said before.. at least it's free.

MikeO
10-06-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah, Tito should win. Personally, I liked (and still like) Ken's brother Frank!

His jujitsu was truly worth watching. As far as Ken is concerned, I stopped liking him after Ultimate Fighter showed him having little interest in much except his ego. And I also think Liddell versus Ortiz would be far more interesting to watch than Shamrock versus Liddell.

Well, as was said before.. at least it's free.

Shamrock vs Lidell will NEVER take place.

Tuesday is Ken's final match ever. He is retiring.

Not to mention even if he did win, he isn't anywhere near the #1 contender's spot

shipwreck
10-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Actually the card has alot of very good match-ups and guys we have been asking "when are they going to fight again" on this site...also Josh Haynes fighting his first fight while moving down in weight...should prove to be an awesome fight night!

Motion
10-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Wow, just hit me that this fight is tomorrow! Can't wait!

Motion
10-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Wow, looks like Tito's whole crew is fighting tomorrow.

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.fightCard&eid=221

icephinfan
10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Wow, just hit me that this fight is tomorrow! Can't wait!

Yep and it's free.:D

shipwreck
10-10-2006, 01:40 AM
I believe Ken at his prime would've beat Tito but Ken is way past his prime and I really feel for him. He doesn't want the young punk to Tito to talk all smack and not be able to shut him up like he used to. Still, I give a lot of credit to Ken for stepping up in the ring at that age and face a much younger guy who gave him probably the worst beating in his career.:rolleyes:

Motion
10-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Really looking forward to this beat down tonight. Should be a great show, theres some good fights beforehand too.

Anyone else see the Weigh-In show last night? Kendall Grove fights the "Exorcist" tonight and had "Exorcise These" written across the crotch of his boxers for the weigh-in. :lol:

NewEra8
10-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Shamrock might die... I kid you not....

ChambersWI
10-10-2006, 09:48 PM
Tito killed him.

A bit ticked he flipped off Ken, but glad he was mature enough and buried the hatchet with Ken.

At the same time, you've got to wonder how much of this was staged.

Motion
10-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Pretty classy move for both of them to settle everything afterwards.

CharlestonPhan
10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Pretty classy move for both of them to settle everything afterwards.

yes it was. good way for Shamrock to go out, and a good setup fight for Ortiz/ Liddell.

i wonder if they will have a cat fight on the undercard between Tito's girlfriend Jenna Jameson and Liddell's girlfriend, who is on "Dancing With the Stars" this season. :)

icephinfan
10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Damn you guys and the spoilers:tantrum: :lol:

I will still watch it though.:D

MikeO
10-11-2006, 02:08 AM
Tito is a punk. Flipping off Ken!!

That backhanded appolgy at the end doesn't make up for it either. This is why nobody likes this guy in the UFC!

Everyone thought Tito would Kill Ken................LOL LOL LOL........wait till December, CHUCK will KILL TITO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icephinfan
10-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Flipping him off was his adrenaline, like when he did his grave yard scene. Yeah, they still hate each other , but it was respect at the end.

I like Tito in the UFC, he is a cocky SOB and he backs it up.He was a good coach on TUF as well.

Liddell and Ortiz will be a good fight.

Now what is this boxing match between Dana White and Tito, a charity thing oer what???

MikeO
10-11-2006, 02:33 AM
Flipping him off was his adrenaline, like when he did his grave yard scene. Yeah, they still hate each other , but it was respect at the end.

I like Tito in the UFC, he is a cocky SOB and he backs it up.He was a good coach on TUF as well.

Liddell and Ortiz will be a good fight.

adrenaline??? BS, that was so scripted!

And when has TITO backed anything up in UFC??? The man refused to defend his title when he held it!!!! This year he was lucky vs Forrest Griffin. Shoulda lost that match, he got lucky. He ducked Chuck time and time again, then when he faced him he got destroyed! He was beating Frank Shamrock back in the day, started showboating esentiallly, then Frank caught him and beat him. He talked down Randy Coulture then Randy spanked him in the ring..."literally".

Tito is hated by everyone and Tito can talk a good game but never backs it up!!! Chuck will win and it won't go past 2 rounds.

icephinfan
10-11-2006, 02:38 AM
adrenaline??? BS, that was so scripted!

And when has TITO backed anything up in UFC??? The man refused to defend his title when he held it!!!! This year he was lucky vs Forrest Griffin. Shoulda lost that match, he got lucky. He ducked Chuck time and time again, then when he faced him he got destroyed! He was beating Frank Shamrock back in the day, started showboating esentiallly, then Frank caught him and beat him. He talked down Randy Coulture then Randy spanked him in the ring..."literally".

Tito is hated by everyone and Tito can talk a good game but never backs it up!!! Chuck will win and it won't go past 2 rounds.

Scripted, so is Vince McMahon writing for UFC now??

He refused to defend his title, he had title defenses. The Griffin fight yeah was close.Tito had some bad fights, he didn't perform well, but he is a different fighter now, more disciplined. I gained respect for him after he was a coach on TUF.

Like I said the rematch between Ortiz and Chuck will be a good fight.

Tonight was not Ken Shamrocks night.

Motion
10-11-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm looking forward to the Ortiz/Liddell fight. Never been a big fan of Chuck.

MikeO
10-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Scripted, so is Vince McMahon writing for UFC now??

He refused to defend his title, he had title defenses. The Griffin fight yeah was close.Tito had some bad fights, he didn't perform well, but he is a different fighter now, more disciplined. I gained respect for him after he was a coach on TUF.

Go to.. www.fightworld.com (http://www.fightworld.com) or www.relentlessvideo.com (http://www.relentlessvideo.com) (or just check EBAY)

Get the DVD "SHAMROCK VS ORTIZ the untold truth behind UFC's legendary feud."

It was made by Tito and his manager. It's all behind the scenes stuff and they go into how they script everything. STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!! They talk about how they script the t-shirts, how they ripped off "flipping the bird to their opponents" by watching Steve Austin in WWF, they talk about why they went after Shamrock as opposed to others. The whole friggin thing is scripted!!!! They talk openly about it.

How he made trading cards (ie baseball cards) with him on them to help market himself. How he built a character/persona to make himself more marketable and to make more $$$$.
Go buy the DVD.

MikeO
10-11-2006, 09:21 AM
The Griffin fight was in like March or April. He is a different fighter between now and this past April???

Motion
10-11-2006, 09:31 AM
Go to.. www.fightworld.com (http://www.fightworld.com) or www.relentlessvideo.com (http://www.relentlessvideo.com) (or just check EBAY)

Get the DVD "SHAMROCK VS ORTIZ the untold truth behind UFC's legendary feud."

It was made by Tito and his manager. It's all behind the scenes stuff and they go into how they script everything. STRAIGHT OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS ON DVD!!!!!!!!!!!! They talk about how they script the t-shirts, how they ripped off "flipping the bird to their opponents" by watching Steve Austin in WWF, they talk about why they went after Shamrock as opposed to others. The whole friggin thing is scripted!!!! They talk openly about it.

How he made trading cards (ie baseball cards) with him on them to help market himself. How he built a character/persona to make himself more marketable and to make more $$$$.
Go buy the DVD.

I feel like someone just told me Santa is fake. :(

:lol:

MikeO
10-11-2006, 09:54 AM
im not saying the outcome of the matches were scripted.

Motion
10-11-2006, 09:57 AM
im not saying the outcome of the matches were scripted.

I know, its not really hard to believe all the "antics" are scripted to get the crowd more into it but I definitely don't think the fights are.

FinsNYanksFan13
10-11-2006, 10:33 AM
When is this fight on again?

Motion
10-11-2006, 10:43 AM
When is this fight on again?

It was on last night, not sure if/when they'll be re-showing it.

bullseyeguy
10-11-2006, 11:49 AM
Bull**** on the "scripted" just because Tito makes a shirt beforehand or plans on flipping him off after the fight doesnt mean anything is scripted...If ti were scripted, Shamrock would have to be in on it. Tito knows that this is a show, and he might plan on giving the fans a little more, and he might over dramatize his character, but in the end he is who he is.....And as far as him not backing it up in the ring, thats bs the only losses he has, are against the elite fighters. He was injured in the Griffin fight, and as much as I like Forrest, that fight should have been stopped in the first round, the decision was right though, Tito obviously won that fight...

MikeO
10-11-2006, 12:08 PM
Bull**** on the "scripted" just because Tito makes a shirt beforehand or plans on flipping him off after the fight doesnt mean anything is scripted......

I think that's the definiton of SCRIPTED!! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

MikeO
10-11-2006, 12:09 PM
Bull**** on the "scripted" just because Tito makes a shirt beforehand or plans on flipping him off after the fight doesnt mean anything is scripted...If ti were scripted, Shamrock would have to be in on it. Tito knows that this is a show, and he might plan on giving the fans a little more, and he might over dramatize his character, but in the end he is who he is.....And as far as him not backing it up in the ring, thats bs the only losses he has, are against the elite fighters. He was injured in the Griffin fight, and as much as I like Forrest, that fight should have been stopped in the first round, the decision was right though, Tito obviously won that fight...

watch the DVD. Ken was in on it! :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

And Tito never backs anything up. He's a punk!

Amars
10-11-2006, 12:26 PM
Tito vs. Lidell

Lidell is too good. I see him winnning again. To bad for the local boy but I will cheer for Tito.