PDA

View Full Version : henry ok with willis

aquaman
04-30-2003, 06:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/story?id=1547329

herny now says its cool to have willis in the mix.. BS alert set to level orange

jtown777
04-30-2003, 06:58 PM
TH has nothing to fear...If I were him I'd be more pi$$ed that they didn't sign a top WR or TE to help him out.

Al13
04-30-2003, 07:05 PM
honestly who cares.....:laughat:Bills

BillsMan80
04-30-2003, 07:12 PM
Bills-38
Dolphins-21

Bills-23
Dolphins-10

:lolcry:

baccarat
04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
The Miami Dolphins Worst Nightmare:

Nothing scares us more than a RB who may never be the same and WILL NOT play for at least a year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ckparrothead
04-30-2003, 07:19 PM
Why does TH have nothing to fear?

This is all just maneuvering right now. McGahee will have to sit a year before he does anything because of the knee injury...so the Bills need a starting RB for at least a season and Henry is that guy.

But don't be surprised if he gets traded after this season, or if TH starts to buck against authority.

Already this season if TH runs into a situation on the field where he can do whats best for the team, or do whats best for him, he's most likely going to do whats best for him whether that be from a statistical perspective or from an injury standpoint.

Play through pain or have surgery? Fuggeddaboutit.

Predaphin
04-30-2003, 07:24 PM
"Travis Henry now believes there's room for both he and Willis McGahee on the Buffalo Bills roster."

notice: Doesnt say anything bout Gary.....could be an anger swap for all we know :lol:

jtown777
04-30-2003, 07:32 PM
Well CK, barring a serious enough injury to TH, he is the starter. And a good-great back. If the Bills are not satisfied with what he brings to the table, then they ARE as stupid as I thought. Again, not sure why they did it, depth, trade, who knows. I said he has nothing to fear because he, as of right now, IS the go to guy. Nothing more.

And that's is all I'm gonna go with on the JILLS cause I'm about to vomit.:barf:

zevo
04-30-2003, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jtown777
TH has nothing to fear...If I were him I'd be more pi$$ed that they didn't sign a top WR or TE to help him out. [/QUOTE

A top wr? You really cant get much better than Eric Moulds!

jtown777
04-30-2003, 07:40 PM
From the draft z. You know? To replace Mr. Price.

zevo
04-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Josh reed fills that void!

phinphan
04-30-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by zevo
Josh reed fills that void!

I would say that is a bit of a stretch at this stage. Josh Reed is undoubtedly talented enough to become a good number two for Buffalo. Unfortunately, he is a second year guy who has yet to be relied upon. Personally, I loved Josh Reed coming out of college, but I just can't see him producing like Price (or being asked to) in his second year. I also believe that Price matched up against Miami corners better than Reed does in terms of physical assets.

I assume that the Bills will change the offense a little this off season in an effort to pass the ball less. Any Bills fans out there have a little more insight into what kind of offensive changes we can expect in Buffalo??

finfan54
04-30-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by zevo
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jtown777
TH has nothing to fear...If I were him I'd be more pi$$ed that they didn't sign a top WR or TE to help him out. [/QUOTE

A top wr? You really cant get much better than Eric Moulds!

we shut moulds down when the other WR wasnt that good. two years ago moulds didnt do nothing against us. Reed may be good, but he wont be peerless price. Moulds needs peerless. bank it.

finfan54
04-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by BillsMan80
Bills-38
Dolphins-21

Bills-23
Dolphins-10

dont you feel like your just wasting time and energy? why do bills fans try so hard to cover up the obvious?

zevo
04-30-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by finfan54

we shut moulds down when the other WR wasnt that good. two years ago moulds didnt do nothing against us. Reed may be good, but he wont be peerless price. Moulds needs peerless. bank it.

GAMEDATE Opp RESULT GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD
11/25 Miami L 27-34 Yes 6 196 32.7 80 2

01/06 @Miami L 7-34 Yes 6 82 13.7 25 0

Thats what he did against u 2 years ago!

12 rec 278 yds 2 td in 2 games That doesnt seem like nothin to me!

finfan54
04-30-2003, 10:26 PM
im sorry, 3 years ago. when we beat you 24-0 in buffalo when it was supposed to be so damn cold that we couldnt even move. and that 24-0? that was just the first half. moulds had like 2 rec. for chump change. that was when you didnt have anyone on the other side.

BTW, im not saying moulds isnt great, im just saying he isnt as great with someone who demands attention on the other side. trust me, the fins not having to worry about peerless catching one over the middle and taking it to the house is huge. and besides, if knight signs, its all over, the open middle will be shut down.:tongue:

Jaydog57
04-30-2003, 10:48 PM
The whole Travis Henry/Willis McGahee thing reminds me of Ricky's situation in New Orleans a couple years back. If McGahee produces even decent yardage and TD's for the time on the field that he's allowed, then I think Travis will be someplace else after the next season.:cool:

BillsMan80
04-30-2003, 11:57 PM
You can say Willis won't worry you, but god, ask any Miami Hurricane fan who saw him play what he can do at 100% and then you will be. The Bills are not going to rush him back. He will not play a down unless his knee is 100%. Like I've said, Willis is the best RB prospect in years to come out. Even better than Ricky Williams, and Ingtar33, who wrote the draft review for you and is from BFZ who is a scout for an NFL team, said that and that his team had Willis rated #1 on their draft board. Be afraid of Willis McGahee, Be VERY AFRAID.

minus
05-01-2003, 12:05 AM
You can say Willis won't worry you, but god, ask any Miami Hurricane fan who saw him play what he can do at 100% and then you will be. The Bills are not going to rush him back. He will not play a down unless his knee is 100%. Like I've said, Willis is the best RB prospect in years to come out. Even better than Ricky Williams, and Ingtar33, who wrote the draft review for you and is from BFZ who is a scout for an NFL team, said that and that his team had Willis rated #1 on their draft board. Be afraid of Willis McGahee, Be VERY AFRAID.

umm no ...Ricky Williams had so much more hype coming out of collage.Remain to be seen how much the knee injury affected his speed even after he is 100%.

DOLFANMIKE
05-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by aquaman
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfldraft/story?id=1547329

herny now says its cool to have willis in the mix.. BS alert set to level orange
:rolleyes:

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by minus

umm no ...Ricky Williams had so much more hype coming out of collage.Remain to be seen how much the knee injury affected his speed even after he is 100%.

I was just saying that Ingtar said that around the league, Willis is viewed as a better prospect due to his overall skills.

Jaydog57
05-01-2003, 12:09 AM
You can say Willis won't worry you, but god, ask any Miami Hurricane fan who saw him play what he can do at 100% and then you will be. The Bills are not going to rush him back. He will not play a down unless his knee is 100%. Like I've said, Willis is the best RB prospect in years to come out. Even better than Ricky Williams, and Ingtar33, who wrote the draft review for you and is from BFZ who is a scout for an NFL team, said that and that his team had Willis rated #1 on their draft board. Be afraid of Willis McGahee, Be VERY AFRAID. Hey dude, love the pic in your sig of McGahee smackin' that Gator. I was at that game, it was a beautiful thing. Us Canes heard it ALL day about how they was gonna smoke us, and we closed that stadium down......:lol:

minus
05-01-2003, 12:12 AM

I was just saying that Ingtar said that around the league, Willis is viewed as a better prospect due to his overall skills.

Mcgahee wasn't even the best back in U.M.Those honors go to Gore(scary!!).Anyways Mcgahee was consider best talent coming out this year draft before the injury.This year draft was one most weaker drafts in a decade.

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by minus

Mcgahee wasn't even the best back in U.M.Those honors go to Gore(scary!!).Anyways Mcgahee was consider best talent coming out if this year draft which was one most weaker drafts in a decade.

I realize that McGahee wouldn't have started over Gore, but that says how good Gore is. I asked Ingtar on our board about McGahee compared to prospects of the past, and I'll post what he responds, but a lot of scouts said that McGahee has the total package.

Jaydog, also, as a Hurricane fan which you are, how do you think Willis compared to backs such as Edge, and James Jackson?

ckparrothead
05-01-2003, 12:30 AM
I'm a huge Canes fan and I think Willis is good, but in terms of "total package" stuff I'm just not sure what you're talking about.

He is fast. Fast fast fast. That is his biggest asset. He also had a heck of a line tearing open monster holes for him. I've never seen any power from him, and I've never seen anything to suggest he has superior instincts. He doesn't fumble, thats good. If you have visions of Marshall Faulk don't, because he doesn't possess the receiving skills Faulk does, who actually started at WR for the Colts for a short period. If you have visions of Barry Sanders, don't because he doesn't have Barry's gear box nor field vision.

He's got speed. We'll see if, after the injury, he's still got that speed. But the TD production was far more about the offense than the runningback. I never saw Willis as a top ten selection even before the knee because I always felt he was an incomplete back making waves in a system where his ultra speed does him well, and thats just being plain honest and its not Buffalo bias because I'm a HUGE UM fan and love my UM players and it would actually make me happy if Willis did well.

But ya know then again, I also feel that Andre Johnson is incredibly overrated.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2003, 01:18 AM
"Moulds needs peerless. bank it."

I think you have that backwards buddy!!!!

P4E
05-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Can we set up a separate Buffalo Bills Forum so these endless Buffalo threads have somewhere to go? Seriously. Then everyone who cares about Henry Travis, Gary Olandis and McGahee Willis can just go there and message to their hearts' content. And if there's something specifically relevant to the Dolphins to be said, they can still post it here.

Am I the only one who thinks it's just too much non-Dolphin stuff for the Dolphins Forum?

ps -- Maybe a forum for each other team in the AFCE would be a good idea, or an "AFC East - Other than the Phins" catch all.

[One other option would be for you to tell me to shut-up. That's fine, too, long as you express an opinion.:)]

Rrodr038
05-01-2003, 05:18 AM
Bills-38
Dolphins-21

Bills-23
Dolphins-10

Hey.....thats pretty funny...but I like these scores better:

New York Giants-20
Buffalo Bills-19 (loved watching this one)

Washington Redskins-37
Buffalo Bills-24

Dallas Cowboys-52
Buffalo Bills-17 (close game)

Dallas Cowboys-30
Buffalo Bills-13

In case you didn't know those were the scores for the 1990-93 super bowls. Just to recap; all time Buffalo is 0-4 in super bowls, solidifying their spot as the NFL's biggest choke artists.

zevo
05-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Rrodr038

Hey.....thats pretty funny...but I like these scores better:

New York Giants-20
Buffalo Bills-19 (loved watching this one)

Washington Redskins-37
Buffalo Bills-24

Dallas Cowboys-52
Buffalo Bills-17 (close game)

Dallas Cowboys-30
Buffalo Bills-13

In case you didn't know those were the scores for the 1990-93 super bowls. Just to recap; all time Buffalo is 0-4 in super bowls, solidifying their spot as the NFL's biggest choke artists.

Oh boy! not this again! This all u got! Atleast the 90's were exciting! It was fun watchin shula get sent home packin year after year!

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Replace Price with a rookie. LOL! That's funny. All the best wr's were taken in the top 5. Reed was the best wr in his class and has a year under his belt. No offense Jtown, there goes your theory.

You guys shut dowm Moulds, LOL! Who was our QB then? Van Pelt. His arms is weaker than Brady's. Who was our O coordinator? Pendry. He's been fired after a year. No , excuses.We hired him . Team sucked . Moulds suffered, 3-13.

We had Drew last year and Gilbride. Both in their first year. They didn't do great but they didn't do so bad either. Where was Price the year before under Pendry? Nowhere. Drew, Gilbride , plus the fact that everyone was double teaming Moulds, made Price better. This is why we think Reed will do as well. People will still need to double Moulds and Reed 500 yards for a no. 3 and his rookie year? Can get anymore promising than that.

DrAstroZoom
05-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Travis was also quoted as saying "I hear and obey" in a really weird monotone voice.

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 09:30 AM
him a little lecture...wait till he gets benched for the first time or just flat out dealt.

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 09:31 AM
didnt moulds set some kind of all time playoff record for yardage against the fins.. back when flutie was starting..

i believe it was the game that armstrong stripped flutie of the ball on the last play of the game right at the endzone..

i also believe the fins went on to get blown out the next game by the jags.. like 62-0 or something..

am i right on any of this? i am getting old.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Can we set up a separate Buffalo Bills Forum so these endless Buffalo threads have somewhere to go? Seriously. Then everyone who cares about Henry Travis, Gary Olandis and McGahee Willis can just go there and message to their hearts' content. And if there's something specifically relevant to the Dolphins to be said, they can still post it here.

Am I the only one who thinks it's just too much non-Dolphin stuff for the Dolphins Forum?

ps -- Maybe a forum for each other team in the AFCE would be a good idea, or an "AFC East - Other than the Phins" catch all.

[One other option would be for you to tell me to shut-up. That's fine, too, long as you express an opinion.:)]

I hear you man, but guess what. Those cries go upon deaf ears around here.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

am i right on any of this? i am getting old.

You're right, you are getting old.:lol:;)

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:19 AM
I think everyone here agree Mcgahee is an awesome back. Extremely fast, but nowhere near the talent, size and ability Ricky had coming out of college. That is just wishful thinking. Mcgahee will begood for you guys, but you will soon learn he was a product of his system. He succeeded because he was in UM, UM didn't succeed because of him.

Let's not forget WHY he went in the draft this year. He was going to ride the pine behind Frank Gore next season. Don't be too happy, big jump from college to NFL.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by MarinoFan

I hear you man, but guess what. Those cries go upon deaf ears around here.

How many McGahee threads were started by finfans? I doubt if there are much bills fans in DD. ( hint)

zach13
05-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever

I agree completely, I don't give a crap about the Buffalo Bills.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by justafan

How many McGahee threads were started by finfans? I doubt if there are much bills fans in DD. ( hint)

Dude, eat a cucumber or something. It's not about threads started by finfans. It's about your stinky ass pissing in our pool.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 10:26 AM
I've been poting here longer than you have. :D BTW are you pissed off again? :lol:

UncleTed
05-01-2003, 10:33 AM
I personally don't think Price is that good. He benefited from a passing offense that featured one of the best WR's in the game playing opposite him and having a strong arm QB. Moulds was a 1000 yard pro-bowler before Price. As far as I'm concerned there's no reason your second WR needs 1000 yards. They should focus the offense around Henry. If they weren't allowing 100 points per game Price wouldn't have put up those numbers playing catch up. I bet he doesn't catch 70 balls this year. oh who cares. I'm getting sick of talking Buffalo Sports in my forum.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:39 AM
I've been poting here longer than you have. :D BTW are you pissed off again? :lol:

If it makes you happy, then yes I am pissed:sleep:

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 10:48 AM
he's been POTING a lot longer than you...

you better back off.

:lol:

UncleTed
05-01-2003, 10:50 AM
poter

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by RHoffman
he's been POTING a lot longer than you...

you better back off.

OH NO, don't need him poting on me next.:goof:

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Hey Hoffman......

Did you see.....

CK's article?.......

I said it before, he's a better poster.........

than you.....

His article proved I was right.........

I hope you read it.....

and learned a few things from him.......

.... :D

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 11:03 AM
I hope you read everybodies posts around here and learn something Justa. GO HOME!!!!!!!!

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:09 AM
If there's one thing I've learned, it's fun seeing you getting pissed off over a forum. :lol:

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 11:13 AM
sure, keep thinking that. I'll just keep pumping quarters in you like the horsey in front of toys'r'us. I'll keep you riding that thing all day if I want.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:19 AM
sure, keep thinking that. I'll just keep pumping quarters in you like the horsey in front of toys'r'us. I'll keep you riding that thing all day if I want.

I didn't know they had those in front of Toys R Us. If you say so. I hope you have fun riding them :lol:

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
" If there's one thing I've learned, it's fun seeing you getting pissed off over a forum. "

...justafan learned something???

That can't be right...

MarinoFan...he says he learned something...

what could it be? We know its not spelling.

aquaman
05-01-2003, 11:24 AM
man.. if frank gore would not have gotten hurt willis would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick..

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Willis might not have seen the light of day.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:35 AM
" If there's one thing I've learned, it's fun seeing you getting pissed off over a forum. "

...justafan learned something???

That can't be right...

MarinoFan...he says he learned something...

what could it be? We know its not spelling.

At least...

I learned something.....

you obviously....

don't have.... the capability..... :lol:

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 11:38 AM
master's degree, working as a consultant in a Quality & Learning department and writing for a newspaper wouldn't count as being capable of learning.

:rolleyes:

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 11:40 AM
He learned the horses in front of toys'r'us aren't real and that REAL horses don't accept quarters.:lol:

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 11:42 AM
with them apparently.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 11:42 AM
Why is it that the Bills now think that Mcgahee is the second coming of Marshal Faulk? They say he is a freakish bull. WTF is all that? If anything, that is all freakish bull what your friends are spewing. Mcgahee is all about speed, not power.:rolleyes:

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Your masters obviously does not reflect on your articles. :D

Hey, you finall got rid of "........" I stand corrected you are finally starting to learn how to use your punctuation marks. If that's all you learned in your masters degree, I'd ask for a refund if I were you. (I'm gald I'm not)

CK still writes better than you and he probably doesn't have a "Masters Degree" .

BTW , you still don't have me on ignore? Admit it, you love reading my posts. :D

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 11:51 AM
Why is it that the Bills now think that Mcgahee is the second coming of Marshal Faulk? They say he is a freakish bull. WTF is all that? If anything, that is all freakish bull what your friends are spewing. Mcgahee is all about speed, not power.:rolleyes:

I don't know. I wasn't the one who said he is the second coming of Faulk. As far as I'm concerned he's just a potential who has done squat in the NFL at this point. Whether he will ever amount to anything in the NFL, only God knows.

MDFINFAN
05-01-2003, 11:55 AM
Justafan, yesterday you said you guys was targeting Kersay as your first pick..I read today..

At No. 23, the Bills were in position to take defensive tackle William Joseph but were seduced instead by Miami running back Willis McGahee. No bother. They waited 15 spots and picked defensive end Chris Kelsay in the second round.

So as I said yesterday Kersay wasn't really the answer you guys were looking for on the DL..

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 12:02 PM
keep POTING there my friend.:D

FYI...I don't read the comics...so I must admit everyonce in a while I read your posts to laugh at you.

P.S. I thought CK's article was great...and I am glad that you are reading and comparing articles...the hooked on phonics tape is really paying off for you.:lol:

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:05 PM
Actually it was Ingtar, from the BFZ, who scouts for an NFL Team that said McGahee has the ability to be another Marshall Faulk. And for your information, Ingtar said that McGahee is a better prospect than Williams was coming out of Texas, and that McGahee was the #1 rated prospect in this draft on his team's board.

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 12:08 PM
No one watched that movie anyhow...

By the way, Willis was an incredible running back...and honestly I knew about him two years ago...

the key is...was an incredible running back...NO ONE comes back from the injuries he had...

and don't give me the Garrison Hearst crap either...he's a part time player now

so keep posting your silly little picture...get your hopes and get them dashed when/ if he ever sets foot on the field.:lol:

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Justafan, yesterday you said you guys was targeting Kersay as your first pick..I read today..

At No. 23, the Bills were in position to take defensive tackle William Joseph but were seduced instead by Miami running back Willis McGahee. No bother. They waited 15 spots and picked defensive end Chris Kelsay in the second round.

So as I said yesterday Kersay wasn't really the answer you guys were looking for on the DL..

I didn't say we were tageting Kelsay. Most draft experts projected us taking him.

Our taget was the best athlete available at 23. The bills had projected Kelsay as a 1st rd. pick. They passed on him and went with Willis and Kelsay was still there in the second.

No one available in the 23rd was an immediate answer over our starters , so we gambled with WM.

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 12:09 PM
possibly a fifteen yard penalty...so the run is coming back.:lol:

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:10 PM

I don't know. I wasn't the one who said he is the second coming of Faulk. As far as I'm concerned he's just a potential who has done squat in the NFL at this point. Whether he will ever amount to anything in the NFL, only God knows.

Well, after following your example, I just took a small peek at a Bills sight, and your guys all think he is Walter Payton reborn. That Ricky Williams does not compare to what Willis brings to the table. Willis is a bigger prospect in this draft than Ricky was when he was drafted. OH, my favorite, Mcgahee is a BULL, strong as hell and knocks LB's over. :goof: You must have some idea of what they are talking about. OH, I forgot, all that cold weather makes them dumb, you like the dumbass Bills, but enjoy our beautiful weather.

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:13 PM
And enjoy getting run over by Travis Henry this year, and then Willis McGahee in the future. Just an article here for your reference...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0501story2_columns.shtml?tbd0501story2_columns.shtml

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Actually it was Ingtar, from the BFZ, who scouts for an NFL Team that said McGahee has the ability to be another Marshall Faulk. And for your information, Ingtar said that McGahee is a better prospect than Williams was coming out of Texas, and that McGahee was the #1 rated prospect in this draft on his team's board.

Well, Ingtar is a moron. To say Willis is a bigger prospect is crap. A TEAM TRADED THEIR WHOLE DRAFT FOR WILLIAMS. Ricky went #1 overall pick. Ricky won the Heisman trophy. If he was the #1 rated prospect on the Bills draft board, that is their problem. And it truly is that, a problem, cause nobody else would've taken Mcgahee in the first had it not been the Bills. If I also remember correctly, 22 or 23 other players were drafted ahead of Mcgahee. How many guys were drafted before Ricky?

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 12:16 PM
has to do with NFL runningbacks.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:17 PM
And enjoy getting run over by Travis Henry this year, and then Willis McGahee in the future. Just an article here for your reference...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/columns/0501story2_columns.shtml?tbd0501story2_columns.shtml

OH YEAH, but Ricky won't run you over:rolleyes:

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Right, the only freakish bull in the NFL is the gimp, mcgahee :rolleyes:

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:18 PM

Well, Ingtar is a moron. To say Willis is a bigger prospect is crap. A TEAM TRADED THEIR WHOLE DRAFT FOR WILLIAMS. Ricky went #1 overall pick. Ricky won the Heisman trophy. If he was the #1 rated prospect on the Bills draft board, that is their problem. And it truly is that, a problem, cause nobody else would've taken Mcgahee in the first had it not been the Bills. If I also remember correctly, 22 or 23 other players were drafted ahead of Mcgahee. How many guys were drafted before Ricky?

Well, he must be smart enough to get a job as a scout for an NFL team, something you obviously aren't smart enough for. Ingtar isn't a scout for the Bills either, and said that McGahee was rated #1 on his team's board too. And it isn't a problem, because McGahee would have gone at #2 or #3 to Detroit or Houston had it not been for the injury. So McGahee would have gone higher than Ricky, and McGahee would have gone in the 1st no matter what because teams wanted to trade up to get him.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 12:19 PM

Well, after following your example, I just took a small peek at a Bills sight, and your guys all think he is Walter Payton reborn. .

There you go with "all" again. Just like you said "EVERYONE thinks Wany....." It's easy for you to look somewhere and say that 'everyone' has the same opinion when in fact they are doing the same thing that's going on here and that making sense of the draft. Last time I checked not everyong here agrees with Wanny's draft just like the bills boards.

Clump does not like the pick.

As far as bills fan being dumb, that's your opinion. IMO you are not one of the better posters here in finheaven so your opinion means squat (no offense).

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:19 PM
has to do with NFL runningbacks.

I still want to know why you can't read nor comprehend.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:22 PM

BTW, all the quotes in that article arew from a former college player. It all means nothing. The true test comes when WIllis has to cut on that field in Buffalo and get hit by an NFL LB. Everything now is just speculation. I'd be happy to see him come back, but for someone to say he is a bigger prospect than Ricky Williams is total biased BS.

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Ingtar33 on BFZ...

Here is the exact message that he responded with...

WilMc was the coconscious no.1 pick in our FO before the Fiesta Bowl. After it he fell all the way to no.45 (on my list). After our docs got a chance to look at him (they gave him a 90% chance to recover completely, and a 50/50 chance of being ready for week one), and when we started to put together our draft board WilMc ended up as the no.3 prospect in the draft (behind Leftwich and Rogers).

That no.3 ranking is the highest RB spot I've seen since I've been a part of the NFL draft, except for LT. LT was also rated a no.3, but he was viewed as more of a workhorse than a game breaker (of course the reason he was so high is because he could tear off the big run every once in a while). RW, was rated a no.9 (we were worried about fumbles and the huge amount of mileage on him already), and McAllister/Portis were 20-30 picks.

Now, I'm not the world's greatest talent evaluator... I think my FO likes me because I turn up some good guys in later rounds, and I've really laid a few eggs (I thought both Stalworth and Lelie were destined for failure for example). But when I look at WilMc, I see a guy with limitless potential. He has all the physical tools, he produced in college against good competition (the Hurricanes played very quality teams last season), and he's has an ideal personality (team first, tough as nails, hard worker, quite leader type, extremely competitive).

Do I really know how he'll do in the pros? Lord no! No one does. Anyone who tells you other is lying or can actually see the future. But I can tell you that either in this talent thin draft or in one of the better ones he would have been at or very near the top of everyone’s draft board without that knee injury. I also know that James and Portis, even Gore (in the few limited times I saw him on tape), never looked as good as McGahee did last year.

BTW: I'm not really sure who he most reminds me of... Taylor is a good comparison, but so is Marshal Faulk. I'm a bit of a football junky, and while I never got to see him play live, I did get to see him on tape, and I like the OJ comparison best of all (of course OJ couldn't catch a cold... so made that’s not all that good a comparison).

My biggest concern with WilMc (other than his knee) is that most speed burners who run a sub 4.4 tend to suffer an excessive number of hammy pulls... and while WilMc has never really suffered one of those (to the best of my recollection), it is a concern.

RHoffman
05-01-2003, 12:25 PM
is getting tooled in the World Tournament.

That is what I can't comprehend.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:26 PM

There you go with "all" again. Just like you said "EVERYONE thinks Wany....." It's easy for you to look somewhere and say that 'everyone' has the same opinion when in fact they are doing the same thing that's going on here and that making sense of the draft. Last time I checked not everyong here agrees with Wanny's draft just like the bills boards.

Clump does not like the pick.

As far as bills fan being dumb, that's your opinion. IMO you are not one of the better posters here in finheaven so your opinion means squat (no offense).

DUDE, when I say ALL, it's a generalization. There is always going to be the oddball. Guess that's Clump. That's fine, it's fits him. From now on try to remember that, and I will try to say MOST.

Regardless, there is a buzz with the Bills about Willis. That is great, I hope he does well, except twice a year;). BUT, for someone to say he was a better prospect than Ricky Williams, admit it, it's crap.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:29 PM
OH, he says there he runs a 4.4, YET, I read in the Bills sight, and guys are claiming a 4.23. I don't care if I am smart enough to be a talent scout or what. I know what I see, and Ricky has been the latest, greatest prospect for the position. Why don't you get a clue, and go HOME!

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:29 PM
OH YEAH, Miami Dolphins' worst nightmare is in that picture. A BUSTED KNEE.

BillsMan80
05-01-2003, 12:30 PM
OH, he says there he runs a 4.4, YET, I read in the Bills sight, and guys are claiming a 4.23. I don't care if I am smart enough to be a talent scout or what. I know what I see, and Ricky has been the latest, greatest prospect for the position. Why don't you get a clue, and go HOME!

Actually why don't you get a clue. He never said he runs a 4.4. He said he runs a SUB 4.4. Looks like I am not the one who needs a clue.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:34 PM
yes you do, get out of here, you just don't belong. You still can't admit yourself, that Mcgahee cannot compare to the prospect Ricky was. IF this guy said it and he's a talent scout, then he has lost it.

Here's another question.... Why do MOST(for justa) Bills fans think that Travis Henry is just as good, if not better than RIcky WIlliams?

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 12:35 PM

DUDE, when I say ALL, it's a generalization. There is always going to be the oddball. Guess that's Clump. That's fine, it's fits him. From now on try to remember that, and I will try to say MOST.

Regardless, there is a buzz with the Bills about Willis. That is great, I hope he does well, except twice a year;). BUT, for someone to say he was a better prospect than Ricky Williams, admit it, it's crap.

I think they meant "potentially" if he didn't get injured or if he ever get's to be 100%. I don't know I am just guessing.

Their opinions though are their own. Not mine.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 12:37 PM
yes you do, get out of here, you just don't belong. You still can't admit yourself, that Mcgahee cannot compare to the prospect Ricky was. IF this guy said it and he's a talent scout, then he has lost it.

Here's another question.... Why do MOST(for justa) Bills fans think that Travis Henry is just as good, if not better than RIcky WIlliams?

He finally uses the right word "most" but doesn't have facts to back it up. Show me a link this time were "most" bills fans think Henry is better. Why don't you start a poll over there to prove your statement? :D

PhinPhreak
05-01-2003, 12:39 PM
You know the best way to evaluate a player is to think if you would be saying the same thing if he was on a different team, I don't think the Bills fans would be. I never heard one mention of McGhee by the fans on any of the Buffalo talk radios. If the fans thought he was so great someone would have mentioned him before the draft.

Now before you jump on me this has nothing to do either way of what I think of McGhee, I wouldn't mind having him as a backup to Ricky, I however wouldn't have used a pick to get him with Ricky on the team and other pressing needs.

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 12:40 PM
Nope, I don't post there. Just look at it. BTW, if you want proof, just listen to radio in NY. It's talk of the town.

Justasportsfan
05-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhreak
You know the best way to evaluate a player is to think if you would be saying the same thing if he was on a different team, I don't think the Bills fans would be. I never heard one mention of McGhee by the fans on any of the Buffalo talk radios. If the fans thought he was so great someone would have mentioned him before the draft.

Now before you jump on me this has nothing to do either way of what I think of McGhee, I wouldn't mind having him as a backup to Ricky, I however wouldn't have used a pick to get him with Ricky on the team and other pressing needs.

Sometimes one's reputation (Donahoe) makes us to believe that they know what they are doing. I for one was shocked that we got WM. Then again, TD was right when he said "don't assume anything. " (what they will do in the draft) Did he do the right thing? Time will tell. I bet even he doesn't know but he was willing to take that chance.

I have yet to get an answer from finfans who keep saying we have pressing needs and yet can't come up with players available at 23 who would've made an immediate impact over the players we now have ( the one's we got in FA'cy).

MFAN I am more up to date than you are with what bills fans have to say and I doubt the majority of the bills fans think Henry is better than Williams. If you believe your statement is true than you believe what you want to believe. You can't make me believe that what you believe is true. Follow? :D

MarinoFan
05-01-2003, 01:02 PM
:rolleyes: Whatever. I know what I read and heard. I could care less. It feels damn good that soon practices start and football get's really going. I don't care about anything right now. FOOTBALL IN GENERAL IS ALMOST BACK.

Tatonka
05-01-2003, 04:01 PM
mfan.. you act like a child... i am just wondering how old you are.. what is with all the "go home, you dont belong here" crap.. i see it all the time from you, and very little in the area of well thought out posts..

just thought you may have been a child that likes slinging mud. regardless of your age, your at the very minium, a bad poster who likes to sling mud.

MarinoFan
05-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Of course YOU think I act like a child. Yet, there are others who feel the same way. You guys are most welcome here, cause it's all fun and games, but the mud slinging begins when some of your buddies go into Miami Dolphins forum and try stiring the sh!t. Regardless, all I asked was why some of your teams fans think the way they do? Same as you guys come here and see what we ahve to say, I did the same, and noticed that MOST thoughts out in cow chip land are a bit outlandish.

Now about my age, does it really matter? I could very well be older than you.