PDA

View Full Version : Are you a liberal or conservative? Test



iceblizzard69
04-30-2003, 09:07 PM
http://madrabbit.net/webrabbit/quizshow.html

iceblizzard69
04-30-2003, 09:10 PM
I scored right in the middle with a 20 by the way. :)

baccarat
04-30-2003, 09:24 PM
Some of these questions are vague and difficult to answer b/c you have to take things on a case by case basis.

baccarat
04-30-2003, 09:25 PM
I scored an 18, BTW.

upstart
04-30-2003, 09:41 PM
31....and I am 100% GOP

ohall
04-30-2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
http://madrabbit.net/webrabbit/quizshow.html

27, and I have to agree with Booyeah.

Oliver...

WharfRat
05-01-2003, 12:02 AM
I scored a 22...and also agree that many questions are too vague....

dolfan06
05-01-2003, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by WharfRat
I scored a 22...and also agree that many questions are too vague.... i scored a 19, about as much in the middle as you can get!

t2thejz
05-01-2003, 06:38 AM
i scored 24

Dolfan984
05-01-2003, 06:17 PM
I scored a 9.

themole
05-01-2003, 08:12 PM
I scored 30 and it made me feel all SLIMY.I can't believe I'm that left wing.I quess I'll need to go to "jbs.org" and study.:D

P4E
05-02-2003, 12:44 AM
I scored a 25, and I'm the great grandson of a former President of the NRA, a vehement opponent of capital punishment, a former GOP congressional campaign manager, an agnostic, the son of a presidential appointee in the Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Bush (the elder) administrations, and I used to date one of Archbishop Tutu's daughters.

Not sure what to make of myself, lmao, but I think I scored fairly conservatively because I've worked in government and I know firsthand that it should only be seen as the solution when everything else fails and the problem absolutely MUST be dealt with.

ohall
05-02-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
I scored a 25, and I'm the great grandson of a former President of the NRA, a vehement opponent of capital punishment, a former GOP congressional campaign manager, an agnostic, the son of a presidential appointee in the Nixon, Ford, Reagan and Bush (the elder) administrations, and I used to date one of Archbishop Tutu's daughters.

Not sure what to make of myself, lmao, but I think I scored fairly conservatively because I've worked in government and I know firsthand that it should only be seen as the solution when everything else fails and the problem absolutely MUST be dealt with.

Man you get around and it appears you sure have lived your life! Good for you.

Oliver...

P4E
05-02-2003, 04:05 AM
Thanks, Oliver.:)

I think I'm gonna start a thread shortly on offbeat, unusual life experiences. Here's a personal fave:

I was once invited on a hot air balloon flight intended to demonstrate how safe, responsible and controlled their operation was.

We crash landed in Round Valley Reservoir.

ohall
05-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Thanks, Oliver.:)

I think I'm gonna start a thread shortly on offbeat, unusual life experiences. Here's a personal fave:

I was once invited on a hot air balloon flight intended to demonstrate how safe, responsible and controlled their operation was.

We crash landed in Round Valley Reservoir.

Well I can laugh because you appear to be OK. Too funny man.

Oliver...

dolfan06
05-02-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever
Thanks, Oliver.:)


I was once invited on a hot air balloon flight intended to demonstrate how safe, responsible and controlled their operation was.

We crash landed in Round Valley Reservoir. i hope all that happened is you got wet. it sounds like it could have been worse!:(

Billsfan
05-02-2003, 09:29 AM
18. That's about right.

zonk39
05-02-2003, 10:22 AM
I scored 14. Wow, I thought I was a conservative.

P4E
05-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i hope all that happened is you got wet. it sounds like it could have been worse!:(

It could have been MUCH WORSE. I'm getting away from the purpose of a great thread here, but since I put it in play I gotta tell you why it was intense:

Launch time... winds were strong. One of three balloons cancelled flight plan due to winds. My buddy and I told our very cool female pilot/owner Kathy we were game...

In flight... winds moving us laterally very quickly, -- path takes us over a large reservoir. Pilot Kathy tells us about a maneuver called a "splash and dash"... dropping low gradually, touching and skipping off the water...

WE GO FOR IT! Racing over the water... lower... lower... touch.... skip... swing.... SPPLLAAAAASSHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Gondola SWAMPING! Balloon stretched sideways and losing shape... Fishing boats lifting anchor and racing to us from the distance.... My buddy and I ask if we should swim clear or what?

Kathy sez wait. Opens valves to propane tanks #2 and #3, which are in line with #1. Maxxed propane flow going thru the burner now, pouring heat into balloon to try to keep it out of the drink. Our eyebrows are getting singed here.

Balloon starts to get more vertical... water clearing thru the wicker gondola... Hundreds and hundreds of pounds of water are now clearing FAST... And the air in the balloon is superheated....

We shot out of that reservoir like a frickin champaigne cork!!!

Ears popping... Pilot Kathy has yanked open a release that lets hot air pass directly out the top of the balloon... and we're still rising. Shooting up over 1500 ft before things start to stabilize...

Fishermen in boats looking small and shocked down below... and crosswind quickly moves us over solid Earth again... suspended beneath a balloon that Kathy explains "may have been heat damaged".

For the next 5 minutes -- the longest 5 minutes of my life -- Kathy, my buddy and I dangled beneath a balloon we couldn't count on... at "certain death" altitudes... until we could safely sweep down into a suburban backyard.

The balloon was retired thereafter, and my single balloon excursion is a legend in central Jersey.

I'd do it again in an INSTANT, -- as soon as someone can guarantee the happy ending.:)

dolfan06
05-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever



I'd do it again in an INSTANT, -- as soon as someone can guarantee the happy ending.:) i think somebody would have to use a shovel to clean my shorts!:D

P4E
05-02-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i think somebody would have to use a shovel to clean my shorts!:D

Ummm... well, let's just say that the balloon material wasn't the only fabric retired after that adventure, if ya know what I mean.:goof:

dolfan06
05-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever


Ummm... well, let's just say that the balloon material wasn't the only fabric retired after that adventure, if ya know what I mean.:goof: looked like a tractor went through yours, huh?

Barbarian
05-03-2003, 04:43 AM
hmmmm... 17, well, mretty much a moderate... just like I like it. :)

Clumpy
05-04-2003, 09:05 AM
In between the Clintons :rofl:

For those who know me, that's exactly where I should be :D

WharfRat
05-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
In between the Clintons :rofl:



Isn't it kinda messy in there?? ;) :tongue:

P4E
05-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
In between the Clintons :rofl:

For those who know me, that's exactly where I should be :D


Exactly, Clump....

You, right there, taking Monica's place.

:lol:

WharfRat
05-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever



Exactly, Clump....

You, right there, taking Monica's place.

:lol:

:egads:

dolfan06
05-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Phan4Ever



Exactly, Clump....

You, right there, taking Monica's place.

:lol: are you saying he's a noted musician, he can play a few notes on the ole sex organ!:eek:

Clumpy
05-06-2003, 01:28 AM
:lol:


I meant politically


Hillary in 04!!

ohall
05-06-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
:lol:


I meant politically


Hillary in 04!!

She can't be President, she is too disliked by too many ppl. She cannot win one southern state. She can't over come that hurdle.

Oliver...

dolfan06
05-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Oliver


She can't be President, she is too disliked by too many ppl. She cannot win one southern state. She can't over come that hurdle.

Oliver... if hillary were elected, i bet razor blade sales would be on the rise for the whole country!:D

Dolfan984
05-06-2003, 01:45 AM
I really doubt Hilary would beat Bush in a Nation Wide election unless Liberals decide to friggen vote for once in this nations exsistance.

dolfan06
05-06-2003, 01:49 AM
E-X-I-S-T-E-N-C-E

ohall
05-06-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
I really doubt Hilary would beat Bush in a Nation Wide election unless Liberals decide to friggen vote for once in this nations exsistance.

No southern liberal will vote for her. She is hated as much in the south by liberals as she is hated by conservatives every where. You have to remember that the south is very religious, even when they are liberals. She is no freind to any religious person out there.

It simply will never happen for her.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Oliver


No southern liberal will vote for her. She is hated as much in the south by liberals as she is hated by conservatives every where. You have to remember that the south is very religious, even when they are liberals. She is no freind to any religious person out there.

It simply will never happen for her.

Oliver...

Dude..."the south is very religious"? Care to throw out any more stereotypes while we're at it? Man, I was born and raised in south florida, and spent the last 5 years in Texas...the South may be called The Bible Belt, but it's no more or less religious than the north or west.

iceblizzard69
05-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227


Dude..."the south is very religious"? Care to throw out any more stereotypes while we're at it? Man, I was born and raised in south florida, and spent the last 5 years in Texas...the South may be called The Bible Belt, but it's no more or less religious than the north or west.

I am just speaking for myself and the people I know but the majority of the people I know up here are not religious at all. Out of my friends, like 15% of them are actually religious, I think you see higher percentages down south. Also, the south has been known to be a lot more pro-life than the north, something that reflects religion.

PhinPhan1227
05-06-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69


I am just speaking for myself and the people I know but the majority of the people I know up here are not religious at all. Out of my friends, like 15% of them are actually religious, I think you see higher percentages down south. Also, the south has been known to be a lot more pro-life than the north, something that reflects religion.

Those kind of observations are completely subjective. They're no different from a person who lives in south Philly stating that most black people are involved in gangs, because most of the black people he knows are in gangs. Worst of all, "Religious" covers an INSANE amount of territory. Is someone who goes to church on Sundays more religious than someone who goes to church just on holidays? Is the Southern Baptist in Texas more religious than the Roman Catholic in Boston? I've lived in Connecticut, Texas, and Florida. Big cities and small towns, religion is where you find it. I've known people who went to church without FAIL every Sunday, raised their kids in the Church, and didn't even believe in God. Conversely, I've known people who never step foot in church unless it's for a wedding or funeral, but are some of the most deeply spiritual people I know.

dolfan06
05-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69


I am just speaking for myself and the people I know but the majority of the people I know up here are not religious at all. Out of my friends, like 15% of them are actually religious, I think you see higher percentages down south. Also, the south has been known to be a lot more pro-life than the north, something that reflects religion. :rolleyes:

ohall
05-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227


Dude..."the south is very religious"? Care to throw out any more stereotypes while we're at it? Man, I was born and raised in south florida, and spent the last 5 years in Texas...the South may be called The Bible Belt, but it's no more or less religious than the north or west.

South Florida my be south on the map of America, but it is not a part of the south. Again southern states will not vote for her, no way no how.

Oliver...

dolfan06
05-07-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by Oliver


South Florida my be south on the map of America, but it is not a part of the south. Again southern states will not vote for her, no way no how.

Oliver... those idiots up north voted for her though!:(

ohall
05-07-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
those idiots up north voted for her though!:(

She has some major advantages. She will get the majority of the black and hispanic vote which gives her more than a running start with 40% of the possible vote.

But she is one of those ppl who you either hate or love. I think more ppl hate her than love her.

She will rack up the big city votes, but middle America will not vote for someone like her. She is even worse than Clinton when it comes to personal morals, and ppl who put morals high on their list will not vote for her. She has very low personal marks when it comes to morals.

As we all know the Presidential election is not a vote of popularity it's done state by state.

Oliver...

dolfan06
05-07-2003, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Oliver


She has some major advantages. She will get the majority of the black and hispanic vote which gives her more than a running start with 40% of the possible vote.

But she is one of those ppl who you either hate or love. I think more ppl hate her than love her.

She will rack up the big city votes, but middle America will not vote for someone like her. She is even worse than Clinton when it comes to personal morals, and ppl who put morals high on their list will not vote for her. She has very low personal marks when it comes to morals.

As we all know the Presidential election is not a vote of popularity it's done state by state.

Oliver... yep, the "bible belt" will knock her out of any election!

Barbarian
05-07-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
yep, the "bible belt" will knock her out of any election!

You mean like they knocked her husband out of his re-election? :rolleyes:

dolfan06
05-07-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian


You mean like they knocked her husband out of his re-election? :rolleyes: yep!;)

Miamian
05-13-2003, 09:56 PM
BTW, I scored an 8. I've actually moved somewhat to the right.

dolfan06
05-20-2003, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Miamian
BTW, I scored an 8. I've actually moved somewhat to the right. 8! SOMEWHAT!:eek:

Miamian
05-20-2003, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I know I used to be more liberal; I probably lost some of it when I started working and had to interact with certain pinheads.

dolfan06
05-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Miamian
Yeah, I know I used to be more liberal; I probably lost some of it when I started working and had to interact with certain pinheads. must have been bills fans!;) :evil:

Miamian
05-21-2003, 12:44 AM
No, ack! Not a Bills, Jets, or Patriots fan among them. Only one professes to like football and she's a Dolphin fan. :o

Ah, life can suck.

otto105
05-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Chris27

Scored a 4. Damn I can't believe I'm that close to reagan.

minus
05-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Score 19 ...............

IMO-Al Gore needs to run for offfice or Bush is back for another term(NO!!!!!!!!).

PhinPhan1227
05-23-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by minus
Score 19 ...............

IMO-Al Gore needs to run for offfice or Bush is back for another term(NO!!!!!!!!).

Lol...do you really see Gore doing better this time around? Heck, the 5 no-names the DNC has lined up now would have a bteer shot!!

minus
05-23-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227


Lol...do you really see Gore doing better this time around? Heck, the 5 no-names the DNC has lined up now would have a bteer shot!!

I think he would especially the way economy is heading.Al Gore had the most popular votes so he has the support.I don't want another four years of Bush and watch the nation debt to sky rocket.

ohall
05-23-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by minus


I think he would especially the way economy is heading.Al Gore had the most popular votes so he has the support.I don't want another four years of Bush and watch the nation debt to sky rocket.

The only way Gore would have avoided any debt in this country was if he did not declare war on Terrorism in Afghanistan and in Iraq.

Many Dems say Reagan did nothing but accumulate debt, but they always leave how he pushed the nation to accumulate some 17 trillion dollars worth of growth.

When any country is at war, that country will always accumulate debt. It’s how our system works. Just like when we were at war with Russia, we are at war with terrorism. It’s not free.

Oliver...

minus
05-23-2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Oliver


The only way Gore would have avoided any debt in this country was if he did not declare war on Terrorism in Afghanistan and in Iraq.

Many Dems say Reagan did nothing but accumulate debt, but they always leave how he pushed the nation to accumulate some 17 trillion dollars worth of growth.

When any country is at war, that country will always accumulate debt. It’s how our system works. Just like when we were at war with Russia, we are at war with terrorism. It’s not free.

Oliver...

Well one thing for sure Gore would had never cut taxes and increase on goverment spending.Goverment spending also drives the economy while Bush cut taxes and just keep piling on defecit.

ohall
05-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by minus


Well one thing for sure Gore would had never cut taxes and increase on goverment spending.Goverment spending also drives the economy while Bush cut taxes and just keep piling on defecit.

Obviously there is more than one way to skin a cat, but not even Gore could have gotten away with not cutting taxes while increasing spending on our military.

Now if Gore was not going to increase spending in the military then I can see your point, but that would be a huge mistake on his part. We had 8-years of a government that empowered terrorism, by not engaging them at all. The most Clinton did was bomb aspirin factories and bomb Saddam for 30-days. That isn’t going to cut it.

IMO things happen for a reason. Call it manifest destiny, but I believe there is a reason Bush won and Gore lost. We need a President that would not take any crap. I’m not sure Gore would have been as strong a President as Bush has after what happened on 9/11/2001. I’m scared that he may have slapped them on their wrist rather than engaging them, in the hopes that they will be destroyed, rather than enabled like they were for 8-years under Clinton.

In short if you are going to go to war you can’t just talk tough you have to act tough. In short you have to give the military the materials they need to be a success, not a joke like they were under Clinton for 8-years.

Oliver...

PhinPhan1227
05-29-2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by minus


I think he would especially the way economy is heading.Al Gore had the most popular votes so he has the support.I don't want another four years of Bush and watch the nation debt to sky rocket.


If Bin Laden and the rest of Al-Quida showed up in Texas 6 months before the election, and turned themselves in, Gore might have a chance. But even if they turned themselves in to the LA district attorney, people would still be too afraid of them getting off a-la OJ for them to elect that milk-toast of a VP. The economy has been moving upwards since the heavy fighting in Iraq ended, and should continue to do so until the election. Either way though, while some Dem candidates might have a chance to beat Bush if the economy still sucks, I don't see more than 10% of the population having enough faith in Gore to keep them safe to elect him President.

Miamian
05-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227



If Bin Laden and the rest of Al-Quida showed up in Texas 6 months before the election, and turned themselves in, Gore might have a chance. But even if they turned themselves in to the LA district attorney, people would still be too afraid of them getting off a-la OJ for them to elect that milk-toast of a VP. The economy has been moving upwards since the heavy fighting in Iraq ended, and should continue to do so until the election. Either way though, while some Dem candidates might have a chance to beat Bush if the economy still sucks, I don't see more than 10% of the population having enough faith in Gore to keep them safe to elect him President. Security was a minor issue during the campaign. It only leaped to the forefront after 911, so it's tough to say how Gore would have addressed the issue and how people would have reacted to his stance.

baccarat
05-29-2003, 10:57 PM
I think liberman has the best chance of all the Democrats. BTW, Gore will NOT run.

PhinPhan1227
05-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Miamian
Security was a minor issue during the campaign. It only leaped to the forefront after 911, so it's tough to say how Gore would have addressed the issue and how people would have reacted to his stance.


Gore is seen as an intelligent academic, which he most likely is. But he's about as inspiring a leader as your average college prof. Sorry, but while security was a minor issue in the last election, it's a major issue in this one. If the Dems stand a chance, they'll put a candidate forward who inspires a feeling of security...if we wanted our President to talk someone to death, Gore would be the man. If not however, one of the other candidates would do much better.

dolfan06
05-30-2003, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227



But he's about as inspiring a leader as your average college prof. yeah, i know, it seems as though tipper was there to just nudge him every once in a while to make sure he was awake!:D

Bobby Humphrey
06-01-2003, 11:40 AM
looks like i am bush

dolfan06
06-01-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Bobby Humphrey
looks like i am bush you better rephrase that, it could be taken more than one way, ya know!:D ;)

WharfRat
06-01-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by dolfan06
you better rephrase that, it could be taken more than one way, ya know!:D ;)

:lol:

well ... you know what they say ...

you are what you eat!! :biggrin:

dolfan06
06-01-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat


:lol:

well ... you know what they say ...

you are what you eat!! :biggrin: are you saying he has to go to the dentist to get a haircut?!:D

Joe Friday
06-20-2003, 08:45 AM
12, puts me right in between Hillary and Bill.
That's not a very pleasant visual.

MOULDSROCKS
06-28-2003, 05:58 PM
test was def vague.....



12 4 me BTW

dolfan06
06-30-2003, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
test was def vague.....



12 4 me BTW 12! is that your age, occupation or hat size!:D

Joe Friday
06-30-2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
12! is that your age, occupation or hat size!:D

Think about it.

DolFan31
07-15-2003, 10:13 AM
11...i consider myself a centrist but i usually side with the left on most issues. Probably why I got a 11.

MOULDSROCKS
07-15-2003, 09:19 PM
it would be against TOS for me to say

dolfan06
07-15-2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Joe Friday


Think about it. i did, has to be his age!;)

DeDolfan
07-16-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
http://madrabbit.net/webrabbit/quizshow.html

18

PhinstiGator
07-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Twenty Niner

mf52dolphin
07-24-2003, 04:34 PM
I am really proud to have scored a 38:D