FinHeaven Staff
10-05-2006, 05:53 PM
How I wonder why you're thar.
Up above the page, on the right.
Multiple colors shining bright.
Twinkle, twinkle little stars,
How can I use you to-night?

heheh, :bravo:

You notice our new colored-star thread rating system?? Well, we think you should. :)

We have tweaked the system a little bit to help everyone to better identify quality threads.

As you can see there are corresponding colors related to the number of stars, we think this gives the reader a quicker way to find the good threads, in addition to counting the stars.

We also have tweaked the sytem a bit to ensure that thread ratings are more accurately reflected....We did this by disallowing the thread starter to rate his own thread, for obvious reasons.... And we also have limited each viewer to one single vote so, that no one person is able to sway the ratings any more than anyone else.

Please, USE the new system and help increase the quality of this forum. Thank you.

We hope you like it. :D

Edit: Starts will now show when searching for a thread as well.

campeonaso
10-05-2006, 06:24 PM
sweet, i hope to get green stars every time

A.C.
10-05-2006, 08:22 PM
How I wonder why you're thar.
. thar?....im sorry is that even a word?

R_t_Kraken
10-05-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm sorry but the star-system is flawed. All the positive threads no matter how ridiculously biased get an automatic 5-stars, and the negitive threads get one star.

Now if a thread is neither positive or negitive then I could see it working. I like the effect anyhow, but rarely do the stars determine how good or bad a thread really is.

SarahAnn
10-05-2006, 09:52 PM
I'm sorry but the star-system is flawed. All the positive threads no matter how ridiculously biased get an automatic 5-stars, and the negitive threads get one star.

Now if a thread is neither positive or negitive then I could see it working. I like the effect anyhow, but rarely do the stars determine how good or bad a thread really is.

:yeahthat: Also I never bothered to check on the stars before entering a thread with them having been 1 color, Not gonna make any difference to me now.

Vertical Limit
10-05-2006, 09:58 PM
I'll still drop by the ones with only 1 star rating each time I need a good laugh.

bluehaze
10-05-2006, 10:09 PM
I like the system, there are so many inane posts on this board it becomes difficult to find the good ones. At least now we have a better chance of finding the good posts without having to click through a dozen idiotic posts first.

CrunchTime
10-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I like the system, there are so many inane posts on this board it becomes difficult to find the good ones. At least now we have a better chance of finding the good posts without having to click through a dozen idiotic posts first.

If everyone makes an effort to rate the threads we will get a better sampling of the quality of the thread.That means everyone, negative or positive.

It never ceases to amaze me how some members are drawn to open a one star thread to complain about it when their best choice is to avoid it.

All they accomplish is perpetuate the bad thread by bumping it.

If everyone would use the rating system correctly the bad threads should disappear quickly.Just my two cents.:D

Fin Fan in Cali
10-05-2006, 10:20 PM
If everyone makes an effort to rate the threads we will get a better sampling of the quality of the thread.That means everyone, negative or positive.

It never ceases to amaze me how some members are drawn to open a one star thread to complain about it when their best choice is to avoid it.

All they accomplish is perpetuate the bad thread by bumping it.

If everyone would use the rating system correctly the bad threads should disappear quickly.Just my two cents.:D:up: :clap: :ffic:

MR NFLFAN
10-05-2006, 11:34 PM
thar?....im sorry is that even a word?

Give him a break he's a moderator not a poet. :D

inFINSible
10-06-2006, 07:19 AM
You never heard of "them thar hills"??.....it's southern for "there".

You people need to get out more. :)

PhinsRock
10-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Great, I will start making an effort to rate the threads, usually don't do that unless I feel a thread is really good.

Jimmy James
10-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Is it just me, or does the graphics work with the stars against the green look wrong? Maybe somebody from the graphics forum can even out the white border. :)

Reminisce32
10-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Too Many Starss!!! Ahhh I Want Fruit Loops

InMyChambers
10-08-2006, 08:56 AM
the # of stars is fine but i don't think it needs to be coupled with the color scheme. the color scheme is worse than the one our homeland security system uses! plus its redundant and confusing.

Dors156
10-08-2006, 09:53 PM
they are so beautiful:toungue:

:chuckle:

BigBrainOnBrett
10-10-2006, 02:03 AM
i like them

djphinfan
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I know its immpossible but would'nt it be great if you had to audition to the mods to become a member,to test your football knowledge and to make sure you have at least a resemblance of an IQ,,, WOULD'NT THAT BE SWEET.

bluehaze
10-21-2006, 01:57 PM
What would be cool is a rep system like some of the other boards use. People like your posts you get positive reputation and if they hate your post you get negative reputation. Makes it easier to take some posters with a grain of salt. The stars while pretty don't really seem to be working that well IMO.

lazareth
10-21-2006, 08:47 PM
I know its immpossible but would'nt it be great if you had to audition to the mods to become a member,to test your football knowledge and to make sure you have at least a resemblance of an IQ,,, WOULD'NT THAT BE SWEET.i don't have a problem with people expressing their opinion if they don't have an abundance of football knowledge, as long as they aren't under the delusion that they do

inFINSible
10-22-2006, 07:45 AM
i don't have a problem with people expressing their opinion if they don't have an abundance of football knowledge, as long as they aren't under the delusion that they do
You just described everybody. :chuckle: