PDA

View Full Version : The Official Unofficial Scotland Thread 2006

ScottishFin
10-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Excuse the spelling as I am totally minging drunk :D

Scotland 1 France 0

Best night of my life as a football fan :D :D :D :D

Fan ****in tastic result , we were lucky as **** but I dont care , party is only starting :D

President Pompidou, Quasimodo, Charles De Gaulle, Sacha Distelle, Edith Paif, Napoleon Bonaparte, Norbert Dentressangle, Alain Demon, Poodles (large or small), Crepe Suzette, VaVaVoom, Nicole and Papa, French Letters.... your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!!

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Outstanding...I am Scott-Irish (Black Irish if you will), and I hate the French (Well most of em anyways-and Johnny I dont want to be American anymore Depp too). Soooo, this is of course good news.

Please, more information man...

BTW: WTF does Minging mean?

Roman529
10-07-2006, 07:58 PM
CONGRATS!!! I love it when the Frenchies get what is coming to them. :lol:

The Confessor
10-07-2006, 08:02 PM
CONGRATS!!! I love it when the Frenchies get what is coming to them. :lol:

By what they have coming to them, you mean water for 100% of what its worth, Wine that tastes like crap and a million white hankerchiefs....:sidelol:

ScottishFin
10-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Fookin hell am I ill this morning :D

Sitting here ready for the Fins game tonight , 10 hours to go (thought it was starting in an hour :D).

Party last night was great fun

http://media.putfile.com/Scotland-v-France-Oct-7-2006

Thats the goal :D

Pink_Dove
10-08-2006, 04:34 AM
France carried the play for most of the game and should have won easily. I think you'll have a rude awakening au Stade but it's still a fantastic result for you.

ScottishFin
10-08-2006, 05:07 AM
Oh aye we will get horsed in France but tbh id expect that anyway :D

Last nights result was a bonus , I wouldve thought a draw was the best we couldve done.

France are an excellent team , we got very very lucky (for once). Just hope we can continue to win games and get to Austria/Switzerland 2008 for our first championship in 10 years :D

Can the Fins game start early ? Im totally hyped for it already :D

Bebop13
10-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Excuse the spelling as I am totally minging drunk :D

Scotland 1 France 0

Best night of my life as a football fan :D :D :D :D

Fan ****in tastic result , we were lucky as **** but I dont care , party is only starting :D

President Pompidou, Quasimodo, Charles De Gaulle, Sacha Distelle, Edith Paif, Napoleon Bonaparte, Norbert Dentressangle, Alain Demon, Poodles (large or small), Crepe Suzette, VaVaVoom, Nicole and Papa, French Letters.... your boys took one hell of a beating!!!!!

GET IN YE ******* DANCER!!! THE GLORY DAYS ARE BACK MA MAN!

Ye beat me to the punch big man, was gonna post this last night but I couldnae see the keyboard!!!

What a result! Did ye see the look on that smug git Domenech's coupon? :french:

Bloody priceless! Havin a go at the baw boys too! Take it like a man ye swine!

Special mention must go to young Aiden McGeady.

Now I'm Scottish (Dingwall) & Celtic through & through pal & I don't know what foot you kick with in Glasgow but I tell you what....

That Irish score last night & the look on his face was magic! That wee sell out *****, I hope he's happy now, turning his back on us cos he knew we were in dire straits back then with Berti & seeing the draw for Euro 2008 would've confirmed his controversial decision to play for our celtic brethren was in some way justified but in the name of the wee man that's justice for ye!

Don't get me wrong my mother's Irish & I'm typing this from the wilds of Donegal & had many a great night with our cousins celebrating Irish victories but fair's fair, the wee nyaff deserves it!

But let's not dwell on that folks!

ONE BLOODY NIL!

We did it again, just like in '78 (against Holland) we beat the World Cup runners up!

Technically we've damn well won the thing twice, ONE more than the Auld Enemy!!

And here for auld times sake are THOSE 2 goals!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCVqjpDSZEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04QDE3GVGII

Here's to Wed night and a win against Sheva & the boys Scottishfin :ffic:

Bebop13
10-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Ha ha, in all the excitement I ALMOST forgot about the game the day!!!!:shakeno:

Here's to the weekend of the underdog!!!!!

GOOOO DOLPHINS!!! :dolphins:

Good write up from Sky.....

http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=296483&CPID (http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=296483&CPID=3&channel=football_home)
=3&channel=football_home (http://home.skysports.com/matchreport.aspx?fxid=296483&CPID=3&channel=football_home)

Now off to get some tins for tonight!

P.S - Christ how bad is my hangover, only noticed now yer a Jags man Scottishfin, best of luck for the season, things look
pretty dire for County at the moment... :boohoo:

ScottishFin
10-08-2006, 06:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fGCsItMlq4

Celebrations :D

Gerritrightup that wee nation traitor as well :D

PARTY TIME , just need to Fins to beat those PAts pricks tonight and my weekend is sorted :D

Hope yous do ok in the Champions League , well good enoughto get out the group stage then get horsed so I can laugh at my Celtic supporting m8s :D :P

ScottishFin
10-08-2006, 06:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGQahPo6hU&mode=related&search=

And one more to stir the blood before the next game :D :D :D:dolphins:

Bebop13
10-08-2006, 07:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfGQahPo6hU&mode=related&search=

And one more to stir the blood before the next game :D :D :D:dolphins:

Great stuff....I can feel the chip fat sizzling in ma veins!!! :evil:

Scots, Wha Hae.

Scots, wha hae wi' Wallace bled,
Scots, wham Bruce has aften led,
Welcome to your gory bed
Or to victorie!

Come on Miami finish of my lovely wee double underdog wi Ladbrokes!!:pray:

MNFINFAN
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM
****ing brilliant result, at least there was one good result yesterday. How the **** England drew with ****ing Macedonia yesterday I have no idea, now they get to go play Macedonia in wherever the **** that is and what is up with Ireland losing to Cyprus 5 frikking 2. Good thing I am English, Scots and Irish, I can get drunk and beat myself up :sidelol: and usually be able to support a winning team

Wearing my Scotland shirt today to celebrate. Wish I was back over, was over on holidays in August, visited Aberfeldy and all my cousins came up from around the UK, what a brilliant trip, what a gorgeous place that is, Perthsire and actually the British Isles are so brilliant, makes me home sick when I go through the pictures.

Then we were over in Maigh Eo at my mum's place in Lahardane. That was ****ing brilliant as we were there when Maigh Eo beat Laois and then Dublin to get to the finals. Had all my boys dressed in their Mayo colours when we watched the finals. Bloody Kerry were too strong though.

Now if the Scots could hold the Frogs to a draw in Paris, Irish beat Cyprus 3-0 at home and England find someone that knows where the opposing goal is, cause that would be amazing.

Bebop13
10-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Good man Mnfin, hope ye had a chance to visit the distillery while you were there, lovely wee drop Aberfeldy.

Roll on Wed night, rumour has it someone sent Sheva some haggis as a peace offering n the poor wee flower's stomach wasn't up to the task, so it's a hot water bottle & a bed pan for the other best striker in the world!

Not that we're bothered mind, just ask Henry.......:cooldude:

MNFINFAN
10-10-2006, 12:39 PM
Good man Mnfin, hope ye had a chance to visit the distillery while you were there, lovely wee drop Aberfeldy.

Roll on Wed night, rumour has it someone sent Sheva some haggis as a peace offering n the poor wee flower's stomach wasn't up to the task, so it's a hot water bottle & a bed pan for the other best striker in the world!

Not that we're bothered mind, just ask Henry.......:cooldude:
damn straight we did, lovely Distillery indeed my aunt rented a cottage just above the grounds, and we were in town for Aberfeldy days so we were over there a lot! We also went to the wee one in Pitlochry too, and then had lunch at the Moulin Inn. Thinking about it makes me want to catch a plane right now.

wpgfishfan
10-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Italy finally gets a win, hopefully Georgia goes down Wednesday

Bebop13
10-10-2006, 07:00 PM
Nay worries there pal, you guys look like your beginning to fire on all cylinders now that you've recovered from that 3 month odd World Cup party!:1st::italy:

Only wish we could have met you guys sooner, by the time we face you lot Serie A will be in full swing & you'll be back to your best!

Fingers crossed, we might see each other in Euro 2008! :soccer: :drinker:

The Tartan army is on the march again....

http://www.tartanspecials.com/well-be-coming.html

Pink_Dove
10-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Wow upset city today. :eek:

Croatia beats England 2-0 and deservedly so. I suspect McClaren's gameplan will be highly criticized in the morning papers.

In other news Poland upsets Portugal 2-0. Scotland suffers a predictable letdown losing 2-0 against Ukraine. Italy does well to beat Georgia 3-1.

France registers an easy 5-0 win against Feroes with Anelka notably seeing the scoresheet. Next game is on 24th March 2007 in Vilnius :D

MNFINFAN
10-11-2006, 05:32 PM
aaagh I had taped the game and didn't know the score and now Pink Dove, you tell me they lose. How the **** do you draw with Macedonia and then lose to Croatia?

Jaysus I am going to have to go home and drink.

MNFINFAN
10-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Some great quotes from BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A16165730?s_fromedit=1

And the Michael Carrick myth continues.

Manchester United's £18m man could only show less urgency in possession if he actually fell asleep on the ball.

England, as so often before, talked a far better game than they actually played.

The only surprise is that anyone should be surprised that this team of players, cossetted and almost treated as a superior race by the Football Association, should flop again.

Bebop13
10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
From the sublime to the ridiculous in 4 bloody days...unbelievable!!!??

So it's back to the bloody dark ages for Scotland once again, why Walter, WHY????
Playing 4-5-1 against France at home was a necessity that anyone's mother could have invented but we had NOTHING to lose going into this game!!

9pts from 3 games was beyond our wildest dreams & with 15mins left of the first half against the Ukraine they were actually backing off as if they'd run out of ideas! It was perfectly set up to bring on Boyd early into the second half to play 4-4-2. their defense was very suspect all through the game but no change from Walter & our luck finally ran out.
No disrespect to the Ukraine, they are a handy wee side but we made them feel like they were better than they are & as for that swine Shevchenko! Diving swine that he is!!! And the ref, well you know the score!

Smith better sort things out in his head over the next 5 months or so cos it'll be a bloody disgrace if we roll out at home against Georgia playing 5-4-1!!!
Hang on, have we enough for a team anyway what with those 2 idiots Mcfadden & Fletcher spitting their dummies out every 5 bloody mins??!!!

And as for that wee nyaff Barry ferguson :fire: strip him of the armband NOW, wasn't even in the game, I'd give the thing to Elvis if he wasn't banned from the game against Georgia!!:shakeno:

F*** it, just hang it off the crossbar, can't do any worse than the wee pr!ck! :tantrum:Oh to be a Scottish Miami Fan.....:boohoo:

On a happier note tho did you see Croatia's second goal against England?

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Can't find a clip of it at the moment but rest assured it will follow soon.....:evil:

Bebop13
10-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Some great quotes from BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A16165730?s_fromedit=1

Nice find MN, :sidelol:

it's what everyone outside of their country has known for years, just look at Real & their Galacticos, world class individuals, put them together tho.....pants!
If they could have got their act together down through the years they would have won a few trophies.........course thankfully from our North of the Border perspective long may this continue :wink:

Pink_Dove
10-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Nice find MN, :sidelol:

it's what everyone outside of their country has known for years, just look at Real & their Galacticos, world class individuals, put them together tho.....pants!
If they could have got their act together down through the years they would have won a few trophies.........course thankfully from our North of the Border perspective long may this continue :wink:

I don't think they're even as talented as they think they are. Individually, apart from Terry, Gerrard, and Rooney, I don't see world-class talent or much in the way of offensive gusto and creativity. Lampard is on the team because of Makelele. He lets him freelance and do whatever he wants at Chelsea. He's good at hitting a few crackers now and then, but his deficiencies far outweigh his strenghts at the international level. Crouch has somewhat turned the corner but he still is what he is. A big man capable of holding the ball and nogging one in once in a while. At the back, Carragher is workmanlike but can be beaten by pace. Neville's best years are behind him. Ashley Cole is a serviceable player but not worth all the loot Chelsea threw at him. It goes on and on...

ScottishFin
10-12-2006, 04:40 AM
Shevchenko is a ****in disgrace to football, blatent dive for the penalty and to get Pressley sent off plus loads of other occasions of whining at the ref.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l152/garymcc/Shevvy.jpg <- Shevchenkos new shirt :D

Ref was just as poor.

Scotland were ****e , same tactics as against France didnt work against a team who were expecting them. The first mistakes of Walter Smiths reign as manager IMO.

If someone had said we would get 3 points out of 6 against France and Ukraine I wouldve snapped them up right away. As for 9 out of 12 id have done some very nasty things fo them :D Good start couldve/shouldve been a great start as I thought Ukraine were poor.

Roll on trips to Italy , Faroes , France and Georgia with a wee friendly in February still to be decided on (oh and hte Under 20 World Cup in Canada in June :D)

As for Engerlund - HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA <takes a breath> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gerritrightupya Gary Neville ya wee poof you deserve everything you get for your pompous arrogance to any other team.

MNFINFAN
10-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't think they're even as talented as they think they are. Individually, apart from Terry, Gerrard, and Rooney, I don't see world-class talent or much in the way of offensive gusto and creativity. Lampard is on the team because of Makelele. He lets him freelance and do whatever he wants at Chelsea. He's good at hitting a few crackers now and then, but his deficiencies far outweigh his strenghts at the international level. Crouch has somewhat turned the corner but he still is what he is. A big man capable of holding the ball and nogging one in once in a while. At the back, Carragher is workmanlike but can be beaten by pace. Neville's best years are behind him. Ashley Cole is a serviceable player but not worth all the loot Chelsea threw at him. It goes on and on...
Aye, I think you are right there Pink. A lot of middling talent surrounded by hype. Crouch is beginning to get better, but I don't think he will be anything more than a serviceable player, not a game breaker for sure. Unfortunately England follows their press clippings like the American Ryder Cup stars do and believe the hype that they are all that. We need some young talent that is hungry, we have it just need to get rid of the deadweight, get a decent manager in and expect some growing pains.

To all the scots, here is a wee piece of home from my holidays this summer.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif