PDA

View Full Version : AP: Gators #2

Motion
10-08-2006, 02:39 PM
:woot:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2617601

Oboy
10-08-2006, 03:22 PM
WOW. Truthfully I don't care about the rankings. Just keep winning and then I'll be happy! Not to mention if we keep winning the rankings will take care of them selves!

Majpain
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
I would laugh so hard if they lose next week.

DonShula84
10-08-2006, 05:13 PM
ND back in the top 10, thank you Georgia, Oregon and LSU :) I'm also glad WV dropped a spot and UF jumps a few(USC :) )

Hopefully UF does better at #2 than ND, Texas and Auburn.

Mike13
10-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Good I was worried that USC would be No.2 still. UF deserves this, and They should be No.1 if they beat Auburn and Georgia( well not so much Georgia because thats their annual choke game.)

LouPhinFan
10-08-2006, 08:31 PM
U of L up to 7th!!:rawk:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
we obvioulsy should be #1. :nono:

Majpain
10-08-2006, 09:55 PM
we obvioulsy should be #1. :nono:

Negative. No one can match up with OSU, NO ONE YA HEAR!

finswin56
10-08-2006, 10:04 PM
I would laugh so hard if they lose next week.I was going to resond to this, but then I realized your post was age appropriate.

Motion
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM

:rolleyes2

Mike13
10-08-2006, 10:19 PM

:lol: Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Dors156
10-08-2006, 10:23 PM
:woot::woot:

Majpain
You think the Gators can honestly beat Ohio ST? Wow Ohio St would beat them by 21+ points. You can't contain Ohio St offense.

DolphinDevil28
Good.

I'm a Gators fan from here on out.

(I'm not going to sit here and say "no one" can match up with Ohio State, but I do still think they are the best team in the country.)

Stoy10
10-08-2006, 10:27 PM
They should just skip the BCS crap this year and crown the winner of "the game" the NC. These 2 teams are nasty and Michigan is a team on a mission this year. Good defense and a solid offense for UM will make them nearly impossible to beat. Now for the bad news for UofM, they they have to go to the shue in November..........

Motion
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
You think the Gators can honestly beat Ohio ST? Wow Ohio St would beat them by 21+ points. You can't contain Ohio St offense.

FYI....There's a "Fantasy Sports" forum under Other.

21 pts. :sidelol: Gimme a break, no one's even scored that many points total in a game against us this season. OSU is #1, and for good reason but at least try to be realistic.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
You think the Gators can honestly beat Ohio ST?
uh, duh.

LouPhinFan
10-08-2006, 10:31 PM

I'd have to agree. Hell, UF had "a little" trouble with Kentucky. The final was only 26-7. Last year UF hung 49 on the Cats. UK's defensive is even worse this year. I don't think UF could outscore Ohio State.

Majpain
10-08-2006, 10:45 PM
FYI....There's a "Fantasy Sports" forum under Other.

21 pts. :sidelol: Gimme a break, no one's even scored that many points total in a game against us this season. OSU is #1, and for good reason but at least try to be realistic.

What the SEC is always overated and you will find out why soon enough.

GridIronKing34
10-08-2006, 10:54 PM
As an Iowa fan... after getting smoked by OSU, definetly would have to side with the OSU fan on this one. If you seen the atmosphere they came into at Kinnick, it was 99% gold in there and was it ever loud. They still came out and Smith showed that he was a complete stud. UF is good, but OSU is even better.

Majpain
10-08-2006, 11:02 PM
As an Iowa fan... after getting smoked by OSU, definetly would have to side with the OSU fan on this one. If you seen the atmosphere they came into at Kinnick, it was 99% gold in there and was it ever loud. They still came out and Smith showed that he was a complete stud. UF is good, but OSU is even better.

Thank you.

brandon1986
10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
gators can match up to OSU

the gators are rolling, they have found their identity again thanks to urban

and they took back the swamp which is awesome to see after the zook era

Majpain
10-08-2006, 11:52 PM
gators can match up to OSU

the gators are rolling, they have found their identity again thanks to urban

and they took back the swamp which is awesome to see after the zook era

How can they match up? OSU has more depth, Talent and most importantly coaching. OSU very rarely makes a mistake. Gators would have to play conservitive on offense, one mistake would turn into OSU points. How would the Gators stop Troy Smith? Thats right no one can stop troy. How are you going to cover the best WR tandem in the nation? How about dual running backs to wear and tear your defense?

DonShula84
10-09-2006, 12:17 AM
No idea why people think OSU is unbeatable

brandon1986
10-09-2006, 12:28 AM
osu will have trouble against the gator d, and the gator offense is unbeleivable

King Felix
10-09-2006, 12:54 AM
majpain local homer :)

Majpain
10-09-2006, 01:01 AM
osu will have trouble against the gator d, and the gator offense is unbeleivable

OSU secondary would pick apart Leek and Tebow. I will admit the only weakness in OSU is the run defense, other than that OSU is unbeatble. Ohio St is just to damn good.

Motion
10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
OSU secondary would pick apart Leek and Tebow. I will admit the only weakness in OSU is the run defense, other than that OSU is unbeatble. Ohio St is just to damn good.

:lol: LSU's secondary is MUCH better than OSU's and there was no "picking apart" done this weekend.

Motion
10-09-2006, 06:52 AM
What the SEC is always overated and you will find out why soon enough.

:shakeno: You have much to learn grasshopper.

Motion
10-09-2006, 06:57 AM
How can they match up? OSU has more depth, Talent and most importantly coaching. OSU very rarely makes a mistake. Gators would have to play conservitive on offense, one mistake would turn into OSU points. How would the Gators stop Troy Smith? Thats right no one can stop troy. How are you going to cover the best WR tandem in the nation? How about dual running backs to wear and tear your defense?
You are unbelievably biased. More depth? I think its safe to say Florida has more depth at WR than anyone is the country. There are certain spots that are thin, but thats with every team. More talent? thats YOUR opinion. Leak and our WRs are much more experienced, our defense is much more experienced. Why would we have to play conservative? In case you haven't noticed, which apparently you haven't watched them play much, Florida is not a big play offense anyway. I think for the most part everyone just wants to see them play, your the only one talking blowout. Hopefully we'll get to see this match up at the end of the year.

Motion
10-09-2006, 08:26 AM
I'd have to agree. Hell, UF had "a little" trouble with Kentucky. The final was only 26-7. Last year UF hung 49 on the Cats. UK's defensive is even worse this year. I don't think UF could outscore Ohio State.

This may be hard to explain to a Big East team fan, :wink:, but when you have a 4 game stretch coming up that, at the time had 3 top 10 teams in it. You may tend to look ahead. And I disagree that Kentucky is worse this year, Woodson is playing better than ever.

Blade
10-09-2006, 08:30 AM
Hopefully we'll get to see this match up at the end of the year.

I hope so! That game would be so incrediable to watch. But the season is only half over, there is another half yet to be played.

Motion
10-09-2006, 09:09 AM
I hope so! That game would be so incrediable to watch. But the season is only half over, there is another half yet to be played.

:yes:

Oboy
10-09-2006, 10:08 AM
You know, at this time we have NO idea how either team would match up. Remember when OU played FSU? NO one thought OU had much of a chance (minus maybe OU fans)... remember the game?

Just an honest question, why do you think OSU is sooooo much better than UF? They have beaten ONE great team on the road (UT) and one GOOD team on the road (Iowa). UF has beaten a Great team on the road (UT), beat a good team at home (Alabama) and beat Great team at home (LSU).

Both are really good teams. It would be a good game, but saying one team (EITHER team) is THAT much better than the other is a bit premature.

Bumpus
10-09-2006, 10:15 AM
ND back in the top 10, thank you Georgia, Oregon and LSU :) I'm also glad WV dropped a spot and UF jumps a few(USC :) )

Hopefully UF does better at #2 than ND, Texas and Auburn.
...may the fleas of a thousand caribou nest in your genitals.

Motion
10-09-2006, 10:15 AM
You know, at this time we have NO idea how either team would match up. Remember when OU played FSU? NO one thought OU had much of a chance (minus maybe OU fans)... remember the game?

Just an honest question, why do you think OSU is sooooo much better than UF? They have beaten ONE great team on the road (UT) and one GOOD team on the road (Iowa). UF has beaten a Great team on the road (UT), beat a good team at home (Alabama) and beat Great team at home (LSU).

Both are really good teams. It would be a good game, but saying one team (EITHER team) is THAT much better than the other is a bit premature.

Well said. Especially calling a 21 point blowout.

Motion
10-09-2006, 10:16 AM
...may the fleas of a thousand caribou nest in your genitals.

:eek: Yikes

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
just because iowa sucks and has never won a game that matters under kirk ferentz doesn't mean OSU is better than florida.

OSU is very beatable.

and anyone that thinks the SEC is overrated is a fool.

Motion
10-09-2006, 10:43 AM
Uh oh, I can see the Outback Bowl BS posts coming now..........

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-09-2006, 10:49 AM
:lol:

LouPhinFan
10-09-2006, 07:42 PM
And I disagree that Kentucky is worse this year, Woodson is playing better than ever.

KY's offense is a little bit better, but their defense horrible. Even if UF was looking past the game, they still should have been able to hang 40 on the wild kittens.

Majpain
10-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Lol didnt the Gators have trouble with Tennesee? Lol good luck on beating OSU.

finswin56
10-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Lol didnt the Gators have trouble with Tennesee? Lol good luck on beating OSU.By the end of the year, UT will be ranking in the top 5. They will not lose another game.

Majpain
10-09-2006, 08:32 PM
By the end of the year, UT will be ranking in the top 5. They will not lose another game.

Hahaha?

Cuban Dave 9
10-09-2006, 08:51 PM
A little cocky, aren't we?

Majpain
10-09-2006, 09:59 PM
A little cocky, aren't we?

That and a little bit of homerism :wink::lol:

finswin56
10-09-2006, 10:03 PM
Hahaha?book it

DonShula84
10-09-2006, 10:19 PM

OSU was having trouble against Penn St before Morelli imploded at the end of the game and UT is much better than PSU.

Majpain
10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
OSU was having trouble against Penn St before Morelli imploded at the end of the game and UT is much better than PSU.

imploded for 1 half after that it was smooth sailing.

finswin56
10-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Majpain, I can appreciate how much you love your team. But, it's apparent to everyone here, except you, that seem to lack a little perspective.
You're making OSU out to be the equivalent of an NFL team playing in the NCAA. I would think an OSU fan, even one as young as you, could appreciate how silly the "unbeatable" label is. It has only been a few years since OSU shed that label from the mighty Cane's, and they were FAR more talented than OSU.

No one is even saying OSU is overrated. They're just not as immortal as you would like to believe. Predicting a blowout over a team talented and deep from top to bottom, like UF, is silly and easily disregarded.

Dissing UT, like they're MSU, shows how little you've retained from this year's games.

I'd love to debate the merit's of OSU's greatness, but I'll save it for a reasonably objective fan.

Majpain
10-09-2006, 10:42 PM
Majpain, I can appreciate how much you love your team. But, it's apparent to everyone here, except you, that seem to lack a little perspective.
You're making OSU out to be the equivalent of an NFL team playing in the NCAA. I would think an OSU fan, even one as young as you, could appreciate how silly the "unbeatable" label is. It has only been a few years since OSU shed that label from the mighty Cane's, and they were FAR more talented than OSU.

No one is even saying OSU is overrated. They're just not as immortal as you would like to believe. Predicting a blowout over a team talented and deep from top to bottom, like UF, is silly and easily disregarded.

Dissing UT, like they're MSU, shows how little you've retained from this year's games.

I'd love to debate the merit's of OSU's greatness, but I'll save it for a reasonably objective fan.

So if OSU does blow out UF do I get a cookie? :wink::lol:

finswin56
10-09-2006, 10:59 PM
So if OSU does blow out UF do I get a cookie? :wink::lol:I would mean you were lucky:tongue: , as there is no objective reason to predict such a thumping. If both end up undefeated, then UF would have run the toughest schedule in Div I-A undefeated. No such team should be resonable expected to be blown out.

Majpain
10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
I would mean you were lucky:tongue: , as there is no objective reason to predict such a thumping. If both end up undefeated, then UF would have run the toughest schedule in Div I-A undefeated. No such team should be resonable expected to be blown out.

Or it could be every year the SEC is always rated... To high.....

finswin56
10-09-2006, 11:34 PM
Or it could be every year the SEC is always rated... To high.....This could be a good point, if only it were accurate.

Motion
10-10-2006, 06:42 AM

Good post

Motion
10-10-2006, 06:44 AM

This post is a great example of your lack of knowledge on the subject. Tennessee just put up 51 points on the #1 ranked scoring defense in the nation this week, on the road.

Besides your beloved Buckeyes struggled against Cincinnati, whats your excuse for that? Give it a rest.