PDA

View Full Version : Time to draft QB

gsj13
10-08-2006, 05:02 PM
C pep, harrington, ferotte everyones cast offs, time we drafted a top tier QB!! :fire:

Cannonboy
10-08-2006, 05:05 PM
Would be nice, but we will probably win a couple of games at the end of the season to take ourselves out of a top tier draft pick.

DWade FaSho
10-08-2006, 05:12 PM
brady quinn would be nice

adamprez2003
10-08-2006, 05:24 PM
brian brohm is the only qb I like so far.

stupid idiot
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
jordan palmer in round 2 or palko in 3 or maybe russel comes out early any of those guys makes me happy and we draft the og from bc in the first after we trade down if russel doesnt come out

Motion
10-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Shoulda saved that 2nd rounder last year and traded up for Cutler :(

PhinFan0202
10-09-2006, 12:30 PM

We should have done alot of things last year that we didn't do. Here's my list

1. Should have signed Brees- Look at was he's doing in NO. Dante couldn't hold a candle to what this dude is doing right now. We blew this one big time.
2. Not have traded for Dante- We got damaged good physically and mentally. We should have drafted a QB to groom under Frerotte which leads me to my 3rd point.
3. Should not have gotten rid of Frerotte. Say what you want about him but at least he gets rid of the ball. He can actually read defenses unlike the person who needs a superstar WR to throw the ball.

In_Flames
10-09-2006, 12:32 PM

EXACTLY!!!! :boohoo:

Stitches
10-09-2006, 01:38 PM
brian brohm is the only qb I like so far.

I'm with you on that, and he might not come out this year. I would prefer not getting a QB in this draft though(especially a 1st rounder) since we spent a 2nd last year and a 5/6th this year already on QBs.

Stitches
10-09-2006, 01:43 PM
We should have done alot of things last year that we didn't do. Here's my list

1. Should have signed Brees- Look at was he's doing in NO. Dante couldn't hold a candle to what this dude is doing right now. We blew this one big time.
2. Not have traded for Dante- We got damaged good physically and mentally. We should have drafted a QB to groom under Frerotte which leads me to my 3rd point.
3. Should not have gotten rid of Frerotte. Say what you want about him but at least he gets rid of the ball. He can actually read defenses unlike the person who needs a superstar WR to throw the ball.

Your post doesn't exactly make a lot of sense logically. If we signed Brees, we wouldn't have traded for Daunte. If we signed Brees we didn't need Frerotte(nor would he have wanted to stay). If we traded for Culpepper, we wouldn't need Frerotte(nor would he want to stay). The only way Frerotte would have stayed is if he was the starter. Which either of the QB's you mention was viewed as an upgrade over him anyways.

And if we got Brees, we would have got a physically damaged QB anyways. He did have shoulder surgery in the offseason. And when it comes down to getting one of two All-Pro QB's who happen to be coming off injury, you take the one with the knee injury not the shoulder injury. Considering what was know historically, financially, and medically, Nick Saban made the prudent choice.

Prakk
10-09-2006, 01:44 PM
"C pep, harrington, ferotte everyones cast offs, time we drafted a top tier QB!!" :fire:I'm forgetting here, but the last top tier QB got us to how many Superbowls? Oh, as many as David Woodley. How many did he win? Same number.

Cast offs that won Superbowls or took teams to Superbowls? Hmm, LOTS. Most of them used to start for Tampa Bay.

Vertical Limit
10-12-2006, 01:05 AM
Your post doesn't exactly make a lot of sense logically. If we signed Brees, we wouldn't have traded for Daunte. If we signed Brees we didn't need Frerotte(nor would he have wanted to stay). If we traded for Culpepper, we wouldn't need Frerotte(nor would he want to stay). The only way Frerotte would have stayed is if he was the starter. Which either of the QB's you mention was viewed as an upgrade over him anyways.

And if we got Brees, we would have got a physically damaged QB anyways. He did have shoulder surgery in the offseason. And when it comes down to getting one of two All-Pro QB's who happen to be coming off injury, you take the one with the knee injury not the shoulder injury. Considering what was know historically, financially, and medically, Nick Saban made the prudent choice.
Knee injuries such as ligament tears are new to QB's, especially the one as severe as the one Daunte has suffered, one that was described as "freaking injury" by one doctor. So that logic really doesn't make any sense.

Vertical Limit
10-12-2006, 01:06 AM
Draft Tyler Palko!!

Roman529
10-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Draft Tyler Palko!!

I second the draft Tyler Palko chant !!!!! Wanny thinks he is as good as any QB in the country. :D

Motion
10-12-2006, 02:55 PM
I second the draft Tyler Palko chant !!!!! Wanny thinks he is as good as any QB in the country. :D

Well that settles it! :sidelol:

Stitches
10-12-2006, 03:55 PM
Knee injuries such as ligament tears are new to QB's, especially the one as severe as the one Daunte has suffered, one that was described as "freaking injury" by one doctor. So that logic really doesn't make any sense.

Sure it makes sense. He hurt his leg, not his arm. QB's shoulders are far more important than knees. Just ask Dan Marino. He may not have torn ligaments in his knees, but they were shot to ****. It was because of his arm strength and quick release that made him effective(only noting physical attributes). No one knew if Drew's arm would be back to 100%, and it wasn't that strong to begin with(when compared to other elite QB's). A QB does not cut as much or make as many sudden change of direction movement as a RB, WR, or DB. So a knee injury shouldn't be as limiting to a QB when throwing the ball.

PhinFan0202
10-13-2006, 01:45 AM
Sure it makes sense. He hurt his leg, not his arm. QB's shoulders are far more important than knees. Just ask Dan Marino. He may not have torn ligaments in his knees, but they were shot to ****. It was because of his arm strength and quick release that made him effective(only noting physical attributes). No one knew if Drew's arm would be back to 100%, and it wasn't that strong to begin with(when compared to other elite QB's). A QB does not cut as much or make as many sudden change of direction movement as a RB, WR, or DB. So a knee injury shouldn't be as limiting to a QB when throwing the ball.

The worst thing about it is that you can see what he would have done with the phins. For instance Joey Harrington led up up and down the field on Sunday against N.E., what do you think Drew Brees would have done? He probably would not have thrown that first pick or maybe even the 2nd. My point is if Joey Harrington can lead us down the field Brees could have done it 3x as well. We fallowed the more sensible choice on this one and we didn't come out on top.

Stitches
10-13-2006, 07:06 AM
The worst thing about it is that you can see what he would have done with the phins. For instance Joey Harrington led up up and down the field on Sunday against N.E., what do you think Drew Brees would have done? He probably would not have thrown that first pick or maybe even the 2nd. My point is if Joey Harrington can lead us down the field Brees could have done it 3x as well. We fallowed the more sensible choice on this one and we didn't come out on top.

Well, that's why hindsight is 20/20. You can't change anything now, and the right choice was made considering the facts that were known. So people should stop complaining, and try supporting our current QBs(I know I'm not talking about everyone, but a lot of people on here).

PhinsRock
10-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Please don't even think about drafting a QB for at least 2 years, we need to draft OL, OL, and more OL. So we can protect the QB. THEN we could think about drafting a QB. DC or Joey will do just fine given enough time by the OL.

PhinFan0202
10-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Please don't even think about drafting a QB for at least 2 years, we need to draft OL, OL, and more OL. So we can protect the QB. THEN we could think about drafting a QB. DC or Joey will do just fine given enough time by the OL.

We probably won't but somewhere in the back of the organizations minds it has to be a possibility given the right circumstances. Nothing is ever gurenteed in the NFL and if you are in a position to draft a QB it might not be a bad idea. The season before Dante came here he was horrendous and when he came here nothing has really changed. Granted he's hurt right now when he was not hurt he was making the same mistakes. It's not all his fault however as the O-line is just as much to blame. What really bugs me out is Joey played against a better defense than Dante did previously and only got sacked 1 time. I'm all for going for an O-linemen in this years draft but there is always the possibility that Dante or Joey does not work out.

Vertical Limit
10-13-2006, 03:59 PM
The Dan Marino injury comparism is way off. As I said earlier, knee injuries such as torn ligaments are pretty new to quarterbacks. Arm strength starts with your knees, not your shoulders. Right now, Culpepper is struggling to step into his throws.

Shula Come Back!
10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
they'll use their top pick on something else, but should get a QB in one of the later rounds...Stanton, Palko, or Palmer, or somebody like that. At least give it a shot!

Brown42000
10-13-2006, 05:32 PM
They need to use their first round pick on a linebacker,dl or oline.

Blade2000
10-13-2006, 06:49 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Chris Leak(Florida) or Troy Smith(OSU)? Those men are insanely good, fast, strong

Breed
10-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Chris Leak(Florida) or Troy Smith(OSU)? Those men are insanely good, fast, strong and short

Fixed :)

Shula Come Back!
10-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Chris Leak(Florida) or Troy Smith(OSU)? Those men are insanely good, fast, strong

true!

Vertical Limit
10-13-2006, 08:57 PM
TYLER PALKO, FUTURE OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS, HAVING THE GAME OF HIS LIFE RIGHT NOW ON ESPN!

28-0, and the 2nd quarter just started.

PhinFan0202
10-13-2006, 09:03 PM
TYLER PALKO, FUTURE OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS, HAVING THE GAME OF HIS LIFE RIGHT NOW ON ESPN!

28-0, and the 2nd quarter just started.

I kind of wanted UCF to make it a game to see how Tyler plays with competition from the other team.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-13-2006, 09:32 PM
leak is none of those.

jlfin
10-15-2006, 09:54 PM

Depends on whose available. You don't draft "positions", you draft players.
If a special player is available and he plays QB, your darn right we need to draft him.
Your post makes absolutely no sense.
Do you think we should reach for an O-lineman and draft the next Billy Milner?

Stitches
10-16-2006, 08:57 AM
they'll use their top pick on something else, but should get a QB in one of the later rounds...Stanton, Palko, or Palmer, or somebody like that. At least give it a shot!

Stanton is the 2nd or 3rd best QB prospect by many scouts. You really think he'll be available in later rounds(i.e. day 2)?!??

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 10:09 AM
stanton was the #2 QB going into the season. but that's all changed.

TampaFinsFan01
10-16-2006, 10:27 AM
jordan palmer in round 2 or palko in 3 or maybe russel comes out early any of those guys makes me happy and we draft the og from bc in the first after we trade down if russel doesnt come out

I like Jordan Palmer if hes there past the second round.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 10:51 AM
stanton was the #2 QB going into the season. but that's all changed.

You think he'll be a late round pick though?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 11:13 AM
You think he'll be a late round pick though?
two words: omar jacobs.

cheyannefan
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM
I really like Jordan Palmer. He will take at least a year to groom, but should be very good given the right guidence.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 01:26 PM
two words: omar jacobs.

ooooooo, ouch. lol

It's still too early to pass complete judgement, because even after the season if his stock is low, he has senior bowl and workouts to build it back up like some QBs in the past.

And I think Stanton will be given a better shot to succeed on this level than Jacobs was.

primetime23
10-17-2006, 04:02 AM
if we were going to draft a qb we should of last year and got cutler (trade up for him)

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 04:13 AM
ummm..no

PhinFan0202
10-17-2006, 12:35 PM
if we were going to draft a qb we should of last year and got cutler (trade up for him)

I would have much rather given a draft pick to get an uninjured rookie QB to mold than to have traded a 2nd for a severly injured QB that looked horrible before we got him.

Roman529
10-17-2006, 02:41 PM
I think it depends where we pick in the first round.....if we have a top 3 pick then we maybe go with the best QB out there. If not, then we don't need another QB that will be a bust. I think Palko is just as good as Quinn, but we also have to rebuild our o-line. :rolleyes: I think we should see how Joey does the remainder of the year before we decide right away to get another QB.

Mike13
10-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Wanny thinks he is as good as any QB in the country. :D

Well **** if he is good enough for Wannstache.

Leak chokes under pressure, plus he is too small.

Kyfinsfan
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Brohm may not come out; BUT if he does - he will be the best QB from this draft class (not necessarily drafted first) but he will be the best.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Brohm may not come out; BUT if he does - he will be the best QB from this draft class (not necessarily drafted first) but he will be the best.

That's how I feel too.