PDA

View Full Version : The Official 06'-07' MIAMI RE-HEAT Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Section126
10-10-2006, 12:24 AM
The time has come guys...Your Miami heat embarks on their defense of their WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

As for predictions...last year I nailed it at this time (picked Heat over Mavs 4-2) This year is a little tougher as I see a very tough Western Conference.

I think the heaters win the East with little trouble this time around. I expect the Cavs, Bulls and Pistons to be the class in the East behind the Heat. The Nets STILL need big people and have not fixed their bench problems. They can surprise though as you will see with my prediction.

The West is a 4 team race...but what a 4 team race....The mavs are the class...don't underestimate the shear talent that the Suns will bring though. The Spurs still have the nucleus that already won a title for them and the Rockets have YAO and T-Mac. If Healthy..the Rockets can be a surprise team here. I also love what the Kings are doing. The Nuggets are on the fast track to the toilet.

For my predictions:

The HEAT defeat the Nets (I dropped the Nets on 12/24) in the ECF's (4-2) to return to the finals.

The SPURS defeat the SUNS in the WCF's (4-3) to make the finals.

The finals will be a matchup of the last two winners....

A classic battle that will have the Miami Heat REPEAT as CHAMPIONS. (4-3)

As for the Heat's regular season record...I say 54-28 (1st in east)

icephinfan
10-10-2006, 12:59 AM
Alright section, I'm going to Vegas and make the bet.

GO HEAT!!!!!

305TillIDie
10-10-2006, 01:17 AM
cant wait for the season :yes:

i want to see what Dorell Wright can do and what hes improved in the offseason..i really hope this kid breaks the Heat's rotation

icephinfan
10-10-2006, 01:22 AM
cant wait for the season :yes:

i want to see what Dorell Wright can do and what hes improved in the offseason..i really hope this kid breaks the Heat's rotation

Your cousin going for his 2nd ring.

305TillIDie
10-10-2006, 01:26 AM
Your cousin going for his 2nd ring.:yes:

his mom told me hes been working on rebounding more and shooting longer jumpers..but hes already great at rebounding :lol:

UD is a warrior

icephinfan
10-10-2006, 01:28 AM
:yes:

his mom told me hes been working on rebounding more and shooting longer jumpers..but hes already great at rebounding :lol:

UD is a warrior

I hope Walker plays good all year, he had us up and down with our blood pressure last year.

305TillIDie
10-10-2006, 01:38 AM
I hope Walker plays good all year, he had us up and down with our blood pressure last year.yeah, I think Walker will be more comfortable in the heat system and he should have big numbers here and there if Wade cant give the team points

im a little worried about jason Williams health..it looks like he wont be ready until hes almost 100%..Pat said he want Jason to be close to 100% to play

Section126
10-10-2006, 11:16 PM
In Tonights game (I saw very little) Dorrell Wright looked pretty good in the few minutes I saw.

Vertical Limit
10-11-2006, 12:15 AM
yeah, I think Walker will be more comfortable in the heat system and he should have big numbers here and there if Wade cant give the team points

im a little worried about jason Williams health..it looks like he wont be ready until hes almost 100%..Pat said he want Jason to be close to 100% to play
I want him to be 150% before he plays, I wouldn't rush him in so early. I say by mid-december, he should come back. This guy missed a couple of games last year because of his tendinitis. So it's important for he to come back fully cleared and fully healthy.

He will be very important to us come postseason time, and I think our team can pick up the slack till then.

Mephistopheles
10-11-2006, 12:30 AM
I hope Walker plays good all year, he had us up and down with our blood pressure last year.
Don't remind me. :lol:

icephinfan
10-11-2006, 12:40 AM
Don't remind me. :lol:

Just keep your avatar on for the season and playoffs.:D :wink:

Prime Time
10-11-2006, 01:23 AM
Go Heat. Lets hope you are right again Section. I'd love to go to the AAA again to celebrate at a Championship Parade. It seems like I did that just yesterday. Wow, how time flies.

zach13
10-11-2006, 10:30 AM
I could see the Heat coasting through the regular season again with something like 52 wins, which may or may not be the best record in the East.

But then, barring injury, they should be able to dominate the playoffs in the East and emerge as Eastern Conference Champions again

Motion
10-11-2006, 10:44 AM
Clever title

Amars
10-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Even though I hate to admit it the Sun IMO will make it to the finals vs. the heats.

dreday
10-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Fair enough.I hope the outcome in the Finals is different tho.Lets go Spurs!!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://show.simpload.com/1012452f15abbc3f4.jpg?server=s2)

icephinfan
10-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Antonio Burks, who came to the Heat as a free agent from the Grizzlies, confirmed his agent has set him up with a backup plan in Europe should he not make good with his Heat non-guaranteed contract.
-- South Florida Sun-Sentinel

phinman1
10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, Section, your predictions are certainly to be respected, however, I predict the Heat will prove to be a disappointment. Shaq is another year older, and has absolutely nothing left to prove anymore. That means even more on Wade. Of course, if the officials baby him like they did in the playoffs last year, all bets are off. I look for Cleveland to come out of the East. It's LeBron's time. Wade's title will drive him and he'll will the Cavs into the Finals, only to lose to the....

Mavs. They're ready. Howard will be even better and help take the load off Dirk. JT proved what he can do, and he can do it under pressure. Harris will be better after another year. I see them over the Suns in the Western finals. As for the Spurs, I think they are done. Sure they have Manu, Parker and Duncan, but after that they're weak. As for the Rockets, T-Mac will break down......again.

Mavs will be champs.

UCFinfan86
10-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Eastern Conference
1. Miami Heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Detriot Pistons
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Orlando Magic
6. Indiana Pacers
7. Milwaukee Bucks
8. Washington Wizards

Heat over Wizards
Bulls over Bucks
Pacers over Pistons
Cavs over Magic

Heat over Cavs
Bulls over Pacers

Heat over Bulls

Western
1. Dallas Mavericks
2. Phoenix Suns
3. Utah Jazz
4. San Antonio Spurs
5. LA Clippers
6. Houston Rockets
7. Denver Nuggets
8. New Orleans Hornets

Mavs over Hornets
Suns over Nuggest
Rockets over Jazz
Spurs over Clippers

Spurs over Mavs
Suns over ROckets

Suns over Spurs

Heat over Suns in 6

Mike13
10-12-2006, 01:04 AM
LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!

The Samurai
10-12-2006, 06:25 AM
The Heat will win, trust me.

Ferretsquig
10-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Well, Section, your predictions are certainly to be respected, however, I predict the Heat will prove to be a disappointment. Shaq is another year older, and has absolutely nothing left to prove anymore. That means even more on Wade. Of course, if the officials baby him like they did in the playoffs last year, all bets are off. I look for Cleveland to come out of the East. It's LeBron's time. Wade's title will drive him and he'll will the Cavs into the Finals, only to lose to the....

It is all on Wade...just like last year. But if you think Shaq can no longer average 20-10 then you're kidding yourself. He isn't what he used to be and even if he was the officials wouldn't let him do what he once did. But there is still noone that can match up with him in the NBA.

You question his motivation? Shaq came into camp weighing 325 lbs. Shaq has never come into training camp in shape anytime in the past decade. That includes last year.

It is unknown what you will see from the Heat in the regular season. The Heat will have to make it through a month without JWill. Shaq will miss his 15 and Wade his 10.

Section126
10-12-2006, 01:05 PM

Mavs. They're ready. Howard will be even better and help take the load off Dirk. JT proved what he can do, and he can do it under pressure. Harris will be better after another year. I see them over the Suns in the Western finals. As for the Spurs, I think they are done. Sure they have Manu, Parker and Duncan, but after that they're weak. As for the Rockets, T-Mac will break down......again.

Mavs will be champs.

Are you crazy? SHAQ has plenty to prove with all the naysayers that have come out of the wood work. SHAQ will be motivated enough to produce a 20-10 year and a first team ALL-NBA selection. That is enough to place the Heat firmly in the finals AGAIN.

The Cavs? lol.

Don't forget that Wade will be better also.

Mike13
10-12-2006, 01:20 PM
He isn't what he used to be

Ahh the haters are coning out of the woodwork once again.

Cuban Dave 9
10-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Eastern Conference
1. Miami Heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Detriot Pistons
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Orlando Magic
6. Indiana Pacers
7. Milwaukee Bucks
8. Washington Wizards

Heat over Wizards
Bulls over Bucks
Pacers over Pistons
Cavs over Magic

Heat over Cavs
Bulls over Pacers

Heat over Bulls

How do the playoff seadings work this year? you still need a champion out of each division right?

UCFinfan86
10-12-2006, 03:04 PM
How do the playoff seadings work this year? you still need a champion out of each division right?

****, your right, for some reason when i was doing this i thought i did have 3 divisons. Guess that messes it up

UCFinfan86
10-12-2006, 03:10 PM
1. Miami Heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Detriot Pistons
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Orlando Magic
6. Indiana Pacers
7. Milwaukee Bucks
8. Washington Wizards

I guess i would change it to

1. Miami heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Boston Celtics
4. Detriot Pistons
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Orlando Magic
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Milwaukee Bucks

Heat over Bucks
Bulls over Pacers
Magic over Celtics
Cavs over Pistons

Heat over Cavs
Bulls over Magic

Heat over Bulls

***I am proably a little biased as Celtics are my 2nd team, but i just hate that divison. I can't see Toronto, NY, or Philadelphia doing anything and New Jersey, for me is to injury prone. With RJ, Carter, and Kidd its a good bet atleast one of them will get injured and they have no presence at all. I also really like the celtics youth and if they can take the step they could be decent. I like a lineup of Telfair/West, Pierce, Wally, Gomes, Perkins. With Rondo, Green, and Jefferson off the bench.

Mike13
10-12-2006, 08:51 PM
1. Miami Heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Detriot Pistons
4. Cleveland Cavaliers
5. Orlando Magic
6. Indiana Pacers
7. Milwaukee Bucks
8. Washington Wizards

I guess i would change it to

1. Miami heat
2. Chicago Bulls
3. Boston Celtics
4. Detriot Pistons
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Orlando Magic
7. Indiana Pacers
8. Milwaukee Bucks

Heat over Bucks
Bulls over Pacers
Magic over Celtics
Cavs over Pistons

Heat over Cavs
Bulls over Magic

Heat over Bulls

***I am proably a little biased as Celtics are my 2nd team, but i just hate that divison. I can't see Toronto, NY, or Philadelphia doing anything and New Jersey, for me is to injury prone. With RJ, Carter, and Kidd its a good bet atleast one of them will get injured and they have no presence at all. I also really like the celtics youth and if they can take the step they could be decent. I like a lineup of Telfair/West, Pierce, Wally, Gomes, Perkins. With Rondo, Green, and Jefferson off the bench.

Intresting predictions.

Mike13
10-16-2006, 01:16 PM
bump.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:18 PM
i wish Robert Hite had a chance to make the team..from the U and all..but it looks like he isnt good enough

Dorell Wright got bigger and tall eh? thats good..I hope this kid break the rotation during the season

Ferretsquig
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Without naming names, Riley said at least three veterans arrived out of shape. He said O'Neal was not among that group, after carrying extra pounds into the 2005 camp.

So....who are the ones sporting the beer bellies?

Mike13
10-17-2006, 05:39 PM
iDorell Wright got bigger and tall eh? thats good..I hope this kid break the rotation during the season

Me 2.

Section126
10-18-2006, 12:55 AM
So....who are the ones sporting the beer bellies?

I saw Antoine Walker in person the other day...and he looked fine.

My guess is (for what I saw at a practice) that the fat guys are Doleac, Posey, and Simien.

icephinfan
10-18-2006, 01:30 AM

My guess is (for what I saw at a practice) that the fat guys are Doleac, Posey, and Simien.

Was his body still smaller then his head??:lol:

Mike13
10-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Is Wade still practicing his dunks on Doleac?

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 01:56 AM
Section Will The Heat Win The Championship once again

Ferretsquig
10-18-2006, 07:10 AM

I think Payton is one....he was really struggling to make it through 20 minutes of preseason play. Posey and Simien are certainly possibilities. I don't know how you can tell if Walker is out of shape....he never looks in shape.

Mike13
10-18-2006, 12:01 PM
The Heat has spoken to agents for several veteran point guards (including 34-year-old Nick Van Exel), but prefers someone younger. . . . Antoine Walker, who needs to get in better shape, has no plans to reduce his three-point attempts (unlike Gary Payton) but wants to add ``an in-between game --

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/15784636.htm

Ferretsquig
10-18-2006, 12:23 PM
Its going to be a happy day when Walker is off this team. I can now sympathise with all those poor Celtic's fans who had to put up with this for years. You would think that after a decade he would of figured out that hes a lousy shooter....he had a career year, and shot 43%. There are very few players that manage to score fewer points per shot than mr tip-toes.

DeathStar
10-18-2006, 05:40 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/images/standard/clear.gif

Heat's Wright to miss three weeks with ankle injury

Heat guard Dorell Wright likely will miss three weeks after spraining his left ankle in Tuesday's exhibition victory over the Hornets.

Wright, who said he did not know when he was injured, called teammate Dwyane Wade at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday and said his ankle had begun to swell significantly.

While x-rays were negative, Wright's left foot was placed in a cast, which is expected to remain in place for one week. He then is expected to miss an additional two weeks before returning to the court.

Based on his performance this preseason, Wright stood as a possibility to open the regular season as the primary backup to Wade at shooting guard
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dorell101806,0,101034.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

Caps
10-18-2006, 05:52 PM

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dorell101806,0,101034.story?coll=sfla-sports-front

G-d Dammit.

Mike13
10-19-2006, 01:04 AM

****ity **** ****.

Section126
10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Section Will The Heat Win The Championship once again

They will be in the Finals....then....anything can happen.

I like our chances.

Mike13
10-20-2006, 09:12 PM
According to SI, We will make it to the finals but we will lose to the Suns.

Rocky Raccoon
10-20-2006, 09:42 PM
According to SI, We will make it to the finals but we will lose to the Suns.

well according to SI, the Dolphins had a ticket to the Super Bowl :lol:

Phins28
10-20-2006, 09:48 PM
The time has come guys...Your Miami heat embarks on their defense of their WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP.

As for predictions...last year I nailed it at this time (picked Heat over Mavs 4-2) This year is a little tougher as I see a very tough Western Conference.

I think the heaters win the East with little trouble this time around. I expect the Cavs, Bulls and Pistons to be the class in the East behind the Heat. The Nets STILL need big people and have not fixed their bench problems. They can surprise though as you will see with my prediction.

The West is a 4 team race...but what a 4 team race....The mavs are the class...don't underestimate the shear talent that the Suns will bring though. The Spurs still have the nucleus that already won a title for them and the Rockets have YAO and T-Mac. If Healthy..the Rockets can be a surprise team here. I also love what the Kings are doing. The Nuggets are on the fast track to the toilet.

For my predictions:

The HEAT defeat the Nets in the ECF's (4-2) to return to the finals.

The SPURS defeat the SUNS in the WCF's (4-3) to make the finals.

The finals will be a matchup of the last two winners....

A classic battle that will have the Miami Heat REPEAT as CHAMPIONS. (4-3)

As for the Heat's regular season record...I say 58-24 (1st in east)

Wrong, the mighty Chicago Bulls in a 4-0 sweep.

Fresh
10-21-2006, 02:26 PM
What did I tell you guys about Robert Hite back when we signed him?

He's no camp fodder, this rook, IMO, has already made the team......

He's shooting the lights out.. far more impressive than Chris Quinn who everyone likes.

305TillIDie
10-21-2006, 02:42 PM
What did I tell you guys about Robert Hite back when we signed him?

He's no camp fodder, this rook, IMO, has already made the team......

He's shooting the lights out.. far more impressive than Chris Quinn who everyone likes.yeah..I didnt know Rob was going to light it up like he has..he should be a lock to make the team right now

icephinfan
10-21-2006, 03:00 PM
yeah..I didnt know Rob was going to light it up like he has..he should be a lock to make the team right now

I was watching highlights on him. He is tight.

Mike13
10-21-2006, 03:02 PM
well according to SI, the Dolphins had a ticket to the Super Bowl :lol:

Maybe they'll get this one right.

And yes Rob Hite is looking like the real deal.

Fresh
10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
BTW, who has tickets for opening night/ring game?

I've got mine.. it took pure luck to get 'em, not even my connections came through.

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 06:31 PM
New York Knicks anyone???? They could be a force to be reckoned with. You Heat fans better beware. :tongue:

dob72
10-21-2006, 08:04 PM
New York Knicks anyone???? They could be a force to be reckoned with. You Heat fans better beware. :tongue:
no doubt $tarbury gonna win mvp this year

305TillIDie
10-21-2006, 08:13 PM
New York Knicks anyone???? They could be a force to be reckoned with. You Heat fans better beware. :tongue:Knicks have good players, but they cant work together..Jefferies should help the Knicks play a little defense and rebound

FinsNYanksFan13
10-21-2006, 11:16 PM
Knicks have good players, but they cant work together..Jefferies should help the Knicks play a little defense and rebound

Knicks will be without Jefferies for 6-8 weeks so don't count on seeing him until January I'd venture to say. The Knicks will be improved this year and will score a ton of points but their no good defensively and will get caught sleeping on a some of nights (meaning blown out by 20, but not every game like last year). Could they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe, but it will be short lived if they do. I expect 30 wins but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow made it to .500. The one thing I can say about Isiah is that he has the right philosophy with this team as far as making them run the floor and knowing that the Knicks are going to have to win 115-110 type games because they can't D up. Larry Brown tried to make this team run a set offense but with the guys we have that was never going to work because none of them fit that style of play. I like that Isiah is getting them to do that but at the end of the day, I expect 30 wins but at least they'll be improved and won't lose every game by 20+ (except against Shaq)!

TexasFish20
10-22-2006, 03:45 PM
Knicks will be without Jefferies for 6-8 weeks so don't count on seeing him until January I'd venture to say. The Knicks will be improved this year and will score a ton of points but their no good defensively and will get caught sleeping on a some of nights (meaning blown out by 20, but not every game like last year). Could they sneak into the playoffs? Maybe, but it will be short lived if they do. I expect 30 wins but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow made it to .500. The one thing I can say about Isiah is that he has the right philosophy with this team as far as making them run the floor and knowing that the Knicks are going to have to win 115-110 type games because they can't D up. Larry Brown tried to make this team run a set offense but with the guys we have that was never going to work because none of them fit that style of play. I like that Isiah is getting them to do that but at the end of the day, I expect 30 wins but at least they'll be improved and won't lose every game by 20+ (except against Shaq)!

Yeah that is all us Knicks fans can hope for. I really hope Curry steps it up as well. He has so much talent I think. He's just gotta get is head on straight.

dob72
10-22-2006, 05:27 PM
i hope the knicks aren't as bad as i think they will be cuz i hate to see the bulls get oden if they do some how get him the curry trade will be the worst in sports history

Section126
10-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Wrong, the mighty Chicago Bulls in a 4-0 sweep.

:sidelol:

Dude..you guys just became a poor man's version of the Piston team we smashed last year. GOOD LUCK!

305TillIDie
10-25-2006, 03:32 AM
I watched the rookie Vince Grier last night against the Magic and man...this guy is the energize bunny..hes everywhere on the court..rebounding, defense, stealing the ball, hustling all the time..watch out for this guy yall..hes battling Quinn for the last roster spot

he had 11 points, 8 rebs and 4-5 shooting..his D is fun to watch :yes:

Ferretsquig
10-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Grier is filler....he'll get cut. The only reason he is here is to be that hustle guy in camp....the one who will actually play defense while all the stars loiter about. Quinn's competition is the waiver wire....if Riley finds a vet he likes then he will be gone as well. I can't believe Hite is going to ride a hot shooting streak all the way to a guaranteed contract, but it does look that way. It would be nice if he developed into a House type change of pace SG to play behind Wade, but we all know how much PT Riley gave House when he was here....so don't expect too much.

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.

305TillIDie
10-25-2006, 08:28 AM
Grier is filler....he'll get cut. The only reason he is here is to be that hustle guy in camp....the one who will actually play defense while all the stars loiter about. Quinn's competition is the waiver wire....if Riley finds a vet he likes then he will be gone as well. I can't believe Hite is going to ride a hot shooting streak all the way to a guaranteed contract, but it does look that way. It would be nice if he developed into a House type change of pace SG to play behind Wade, but we all know how much PT Riley gave House when he was here....so don't expect too much.

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.im not sure about Grier getting cut right now..remember, Dorell Wright is out of action with an injury..dont count him out just yet..he still have a chance to make this sqaud

Mike13
10-25-2006, 12:19 PM
Wright is out for 8 weeks right?

PhinzN703
10-25-2006, 02:34 PM
:wink: Go Spurs Go! :wink:

Ferretsquig
10-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Wright is out for 8 weeks right?

Wright thinks hes coming back for the opener next week. I don't know the severity of the sprain, but being out for a month seems a bit extreme. I think at the latest he comes back a few games into the season. Whether he gets off the bench is another question.

Fresh
10-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Wright's official injury status was 2-3 weeks.

That was last week.....

dreday
10-25-2006, 04:54 PM
:yeahthat: Spurs are still young and strong.Like the Spurs chances this year.

dreday
10-25-2006, 05:00 PM

GMS Speak Out (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/nba/specials/preview/2006/10/24/bc.bkn.gmsurvey.ap/index.html)

Preseason poll of NBA general managers picks Spurs to win it all

GMs speak out
Spurs picked as champs, LeBron as MVP by GMs

The San Antonio Spurs will win another title and LeBron James will capture his first MVP award, according to a preseason poll of NBA general managers.

All but two of the league's 30 general managers responded to the fifth annual NBA.com survey. They also picked Portland's Brandon Roy as the rookie of the year, Pat Riley of Miami as the best coach and Kobe Bryant as the player they want taking a shot with the game on the line.

The Spurs won the 2005 NBA championship but lost to Dallas in last season's Western Conference semifinals. San Antonio was picked by 43 percent of the GMs to regain the title, with the Mavericks getting 29 percent and reigning champion Miami earning 14 percent.

icephinfan
10-25-2006, 05:10 PM
RE-HEAT TIME!!!!!!!

UCFinfan86
10-25-2006, 11:53 PM
i only got to see the last 6 or so minutes of the game, but i was impressed with Earl Barron, he looked good

Vertical Limit
10-26-2006, 01:53 AM

This team is hanging on by the finest thread at the guard positions. An ancient PG, a fatigued star SG backed up by a 6'10 guy who can barely move, and a couple of undrafted FA rookies. I sure hope a Diener or mabey Hart (please cut him you drunken fool) get waived.
:boohoo: Poor Dwyane..

Michael Jordan didn't do it alone, he had Scottie Pippen. Dwyane shouldn't be doing it alone either. Shaq is old, and is more like a roleplayer than a star in this team atleast IMO.

Without Shaq, I still think we could make the playoffs. Without Wade, no chance in hell. Can't beleive we're going into the season asking Wade to carry this old *** team again. The pressure must really be building up on him, especially when we're asking him to defend the title and all. I hope for the best, he's my favorite player.

d-day
10-26-2006, 02:04 AM
If computers ran the NBA, Shaq would be benched

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shaquille O'Neal (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/847/) may be one of the best basketball players on the planet, but he should have been benched in this year's National Basketball Association championships.

Or so concludes a new statistical measurement developed by Lenovo Group Ltd. the world's third-largest personal computer maker. Introduced by Lenovo and the NBA on Monday, the statistic is supposed show which five players combine to make the best team on the court at any one time.

In June's NBA finals, for instance, the Lenovo Stat showed the best combination for the champion Miami Heat (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/mia/) included Dwyane Wade (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3708/), James Posey (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3341/), Gary Payton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/259/), Antoine Walker (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3112/), and Alonzo Mourning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/845/).

Missing from the list is O'Neal, the 7'1" Miami Heat center who is an 11-times NBA All-Star and named one of the 50 Greatest Players in league history. But it was with Mourning -- rather than O'Neal -- that the Heat had the greatest point advantage during the championships, according to the Lenovo Stat.

http://us.f600.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?box=Inbox&MsgId=942_18228946_1284005_1311_55440_0_16936_72663_1652248962&bodyPart=2&tnef=&YY=13995&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&VScan=1&Idx=0

Ferretsquig
10-26-2006, 11:41 AM
What a bunch of *******s....stole the concept from Roland just to get some Chinese company thats desperate for publicity in the US to pay them for the rights. Now we have to suffer through a bunch of articles like these where some idiot reporter who can't count looks at some stats in front of him and says that Shaq should of been benched. How many minutes did 'Zo have to play with that miserable foward combo of Haslem and Walker? Try 34, compared with 319 for Shaq.

Ferretsquig
10-26-2006, 11:48 AM
:boohoo: Poor Dwyane..

Michael Jordan didn't do it alone, he had Scottie Pippen. Dwyane shouldn't be doing it alone either. Shaq is old, and is more like a roleplayer than a star in this team atleast IMO.

Without Shaq, I still think we could make the playoffs. Without Wade, no chance in hell. Can't beleive we're going into the season asking Wade to carry this old *** team again. The pressure must really be building up on him, especially when we're asking him to defend the title and all. I hope for the best, he's my favorite player.

C'mon we all know Wright is the next Pippen....just ask any Heat fan :lol:

Wade is hardly alone. That old Shaq still averages 20-10 and draws double teams, even if he takes every other game off and plays sporatic defense at best. He also has Walker, JWill and UD....all who can put up 20 pts any given night. I don't think there is any pressure. You have Riley buying into the Shaq philosphy of taking it easy in the regular season, and no real threat in the division. If the Heat really struggle or Orlando/Washington challenge them then there will be pressure. But this regular season should be relatively pressure free for the Heat.

Cruise for 50 games....then comes the pressure.

UCFinfan86
10-26-2006, 01:13 PM
What a bunch of *******s....stole the concept from Roland just to get some Chinese company thats desperate for publicity in the US to pay them for the rights. Now we have to suffer through a bunch of articles like these where some idiot reporter who can't count looks at some stats in front of him and says that Shaq should of been benched. How many minutes did 'Zo have to play with that miserable foward combo of Haslem and Walker? Try 34, compared with 319 for Shaq.

horrible Forward combo??? I agree with walker, but Haslem??

Section126
10-26-2006, 01:56 PM
WOW..that article is such BS.

I wonder what their little computer model said after SHAQ dominated the Pistons in the ECF...

You know...the ECF's came before the Finals. It is kinda important to win the ECF's.....

Ferretsquig
10-26-2006, 04:15 PM
horrible Forward combo??? I agree with walker, but Haslem??

It was just the combination of the two....I don't think it worked and the stats back it up. Thats why I can't understand why the two are slated to start together again this season. Walker/Posey and Haslem/Posey worked.

The 5 man units & production in the playoffs:

http://www.82games.com/0506/playoffs/0506MIA2.HTM

dob72
10-26-2006, 05:49 PM
Miami heat Preview http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-MiamiPreview0607

PhinzN703
10-27-2006, 03:20 PM
:yeahthat: Spurs are still young and strong.Like the Spurs chances this year.

Don't let anyone else tell you we're young. According to everyone that can breathe, we're soooo old.

Pleaseeeeee. Finley, Barry, Horry and Bowen have one more run in 'em. If we dont do anything this year, look for younger and better talent next year.

Besides, the reason why the Clippers and Hawks are so young is b/c they always stink (LAC has gotten better though).

Proven winners always pick in the late 20s like us. We have young guys overseas that will eventually come here and rule the world. :wink:

Ferretsquig
10-27-2006, 03:50 PM
The Spurs are old...so are the Heat. The real problem is that your star hasn't been healthy in a while and people are starting to question whether his body is starting to break down. Add that to the fact that the third spoke in the wheel gets injured every year...its not promising.

Ginobili and Wade need to learn a lesson from Shaq. Take it easy in the regular season. If they keep up what they are doing its going to end up hurting the team in the long run. Winning ten less games is a fair tradeoff for being injury free come playoff time.

dreday
10-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Don't let anyone else tell you we're young. According to everyone that can breathe, we're soooo old.

Pleaseeeeee. Finley, Barry, Horry and Bowen have one more run in 'em. If we dont do anything this year, look for younger and better talent next year.

Besides, the reason why the Clippers and Hawks are so young is b/c they always stink (LAC has gotten better though).

Proven winners always pick in the late 20s like us. We have young guys overseas that will eventually come here and rule the world. :wink:
Dont let anyone tell you we are sooo old either.We have some young depth.We have older players,but you need that experience.Spurs look good tonight in preseason.Tim looks to be in the best shape ive ever seen him in.

UCFinfan86
10-30-2006, 01:05 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-heat-hite&prov=ap&type=lgns

Looks like Hite is going to make the roster

305TillIDie
10-30-2006, 01:25 AM

Looks like Hite is going to make the roster:woot:

good to see my boy from the U make the team :yes:

cant wait until tuesday night

DeathStar
10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im so pumped up right now....SEASON STARTS TOMORROW.

Finally we get to see a A REAL MIAMI TEAM. canes suck. fins suck. cats suck.

FinNasty
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Ya, I cant wait till tomorrow!!

icephinfan
10-30-2006, 05:45 PM
2morrow starts the train ride to the RE-HEAT!!!!!!!

icephinfan
10-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Dwyane Wade is listed as a 212-pound guard, even though he hasn't been that since his rookie season. Wade is big now. Bigger than he ever has been, actually. The 6-4 Wade is weighing in at 225 pounds, and it is most noticeable in his upper body. Wade said the added strength wasn't necessarily planned, and he'll inevitably drop down to last year's playing weight of about 218.
-- Miami Herald

Mike13
10-31-2006, 12:24 AM

Looks like Hite is going to make the roster

That was mentioned in the Herald also.

Tomorow begins the Reheat.

Caps
10-31-2006, 05:40 PM
Can't wait for the ring ceremony.

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Almost gametime.

Section126
10-31-2006, 08:50 PM
Ring Ceremony!

Bring Em' Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 08:53 PM
Did Antoine Walker lose weight in his head this offseason????

Mephistopheles
10-31-2006, 08:58 PM
*arrives*

:goof:

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 08:59 PM
*arrives*

:goof:

Hey Booger? Ready for another season???

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Riley gets another ring.:D

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Those highlights are giving me CHILLS. :D

Mephistopheles
10-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Hey Booger? Ready for another season???
Yup.

I just hope I don't get as many headaches as before. :lol:

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Yup.

I just hope I don't get as many headaches as before. :lol:

Get the headache medicine ready.:lol:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
I can't decide between the Halloween marathon on AMC or the b-ball special on TNT....which should I watch??? :confused:

Mephistopheles
10-31-2006, 09:09 PM
Wow, those are some big-*** rings.

UCFinfan86
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, those are some big-*** rings.

hell ya thats what i was thinking, thing takes up the whole hand

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:10 PM
I can't decide between the Halloween marathon on AMC or the b-ball special on TNT....which should I watch??? :confused:

:lol: I have the same predictament. Good thing AMC has alot of commercials.

Dolphin1184
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
Im freaking ready for another season. LETS DO THIS!

HEAT!

icephinfan
SHHHH......... they are thanking us Heat Fans. :D

FinNasty
Has the game started yet? I am in class

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:13 PM

Almost, Alonzo said the Heat will win it all again. :D

Mephistopheles
Not yet.

Roman529
:lol: I have the same predictament. Good thing AMC has alot of commercials.

I don't think I have seen all the Halloween movies....hey picture in picture...that's the ticket. :tongue:

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:15 PM
I don't think I have seen all the Halloween movies....hey picture in picture...that's the ticket. :tongue:

I have all the Halloween movies on DVD and VHS, so there:tongue:

You ready for another Heat title Ro-Ro????

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:17 PM
Damn Trick-Or-Treaters, there starting early.

Mephistopheles
10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
IT HAS BEGUN!!!!!!i

305TillIDie
10-31-2006, 09:18 PM
omg..those rings is big as hell :eek:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I have all the Halloween movies on DVD and VHS, so there:tongue:

You ready for another Heat title Ro-Ro????

No I am ready for a Sixer's champeeenship Ice Ice. :wink:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Damn Trick-Or-Treaters, there starting early.

I turned out all the lights in my house except for my tv set. Damn kids!! :lol:

305TillIDie
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
jumper by wade :yes:

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:21 PM
No I am ready for a Sixer's champeeenship Ice Ice. :wink:

:smackhead ..my bad. Your a Sixers fan.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
:smackhead ..my bad. Your a Sixers fan.

I think the Sixers will be 7th or 8th in the East. :boohoo:

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:22 PM
I turned out all the lights in my house except for my tv set. Damn kids!! :lol:

I would but we have a huge haunted house. My buddy brought over the card board stand up of Shaq. I put a knife in his hand.:lol: It's in the front.

FinNasty
10-31-2006, 09:23 PM
jumper by wade :yes:

Is he killin it? I need updates in class..

Dolphin1184
10-31-2006, 09:24 PM
God damn Wade is going to be shooting off the glass alot this year.

305TillIDie
10-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Is he killin it? I need updates in class..smooth off the back board..he hit another jumper before that one and a block shot..but he was called for the foul

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
God damn Wade is going to be shooting off the glass alot this year.

Scottie Pippen style yeah??

Mike13
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Sloppy start tonight.

icephinfan
10-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Okay guys see ya later, got to go to the Haunted House...Damn trick or treaters.:lol:

GO HEAT!!!!!

Dolphin1184
10-31-2006, 09:29 PM
Eh, the heat like to start slow sometimes. They will pick it up soon.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Later Ice :wink:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:32 PM
Someone buy me a ring like that....wow!!!! :eek:

Mike13
10-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Someone buy me a ring like that....wow!!!! :eek:

Its everything a little girl like yourself could want.

Mike13
10-31-2006, 09:40 PM
'Toine!

Roman529
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Its everything a little girl like yourself could want.

That was rude. :shakeno:

Mike13
10-31-2006, 09:48 PM
That was rude. :shakeno:

Can't you take a joke?

Dolphin1184
10-31-2006, 09:49 PM
Both teams are playing like garbage right now.

Mephistopheles
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Here comes that headache again.

Mike13
10-31-2006, 10:03 PM
Lay off the prostate meds then.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Damn, Heat down by 13. :eek: Thinking about those girlie rings too much. :lol:

Muck
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
What's annoying is that every time the crowd gets loud, TNT slams the volume down almost to mute. WTF??

As for the game, I can't say I didn't expect this. The Heat just look outclassed right now. Just like in the playoff series. Style makes fight. And this is the type of team that fundamentally gives the Heat problems.

What bothers me is that the defensive effort is getting worse as the game progresses. Too many wide open shooters and unmolested penetration (yeah I said it).

Mike13
10-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Damn.:shakeno:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 10:22 PM
26 points down?? :eek:

Edit...29

Muck
10-31-2006, 10:29 PM
Absolutely embarrassing.

59-30 at the half. No offense. No defense. Way to defend that title. :rolleyes:

It's only natural that, as a Miami fan in general, anything good is followed by a collapse.

Mike13
10-31-2006, 10:41 PM
It's only natural that, as a Miami fan in general, anything good is followed by a collapse.

Ouch man just ouch.

Roman529
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
D-Wade's new shoes look like wingtips. :lol:

Mike13
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
They are too busy looking at their rings.

Vertical Limit
10-31-2006, 11:24 PM
I am EMBARRASSED. I don't even know where to begin my rant.

Buddwalk
10-31-2006, 11:34 PM
tell me guys is it that the miami heat are having an off night or are the bulls that much better...I'd say its a little of both, bulls look solid with the additions they've made, and the heat do look flat and unenergetic. Only caught the second half cause I was at work but if the heat team want to defend there title and even make the playoffs they need to play better ball

97-66 right now :nono:

Vertical Limit
10-31-2006, 11:38 PM
tell me guys is it that the miami heat are having an off night or are the bulls that much better...I'd say its a little of both, bulls look solid with the additions they've made, and the heat do look flat and unenergetic. Only caught the second half cause I was at work but if the heat team want to defend there title and even make the playoffs they need to play better ball

97-66 right now :nono:
It's neither. Our team is so old, it starts to rub on people. Dwyane will age fast in this team if the team continues to play like this.

We need to make some roster moves. And it has to be now, it can't be in the middle of the season, it has to be in the beggining, to give them the entire season to mold together. Antoine Walker once again, inconsistent as always. Managed to get the starting position somehow, even with a very poor preseason.

I'm not sure how ready Dorrell Wright or Wayne Simien are, but we need someone that can provide a spark. Dwyane Wade definitely can't do this alone, this is an ancient team he's carrying. There's no one in this team that is helping him at the moment.

I can't wait for Jason Williams to come back.

305TillIDie
10-31-2006, 11:39 PM
this what happens when you stare at your rings the whole game :lol:

Roman529
10-31-2006, 11:45 PM
42 point beat down. :eek:

miaD5499
10-31-2006, 11:45 PM
dreadful...they better realize that this is a new year and that now they have to defend the title which is never easy, they are going to have to be hungry and let this game pass them and get ready to get back on track.....a season opener 42 pt loss??? you have to be kidding me!!!

Vertical Limit
10-31-2006, 11:49 PM
We just set an NBA record. =/ Great.

Mike13
10-31-2006, 11:56 PM
Totally embarassing, I saw no passsion in these guys.

305TillIDie
10-31-2006, 11:58 PM
I hope miami get their act together..we play the nets on friday :whew:

Mike13
11-01-2006, 12:00 AM
I hope miami get their act together..we play the nets on friday :whew:

I hope so too Riley will get on these guys.

Muck
11-01-2006, 12:01 AM
We just set an NBA record. =/ Great.

We almost tripled it.

Mike13
11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
Well I'm out Nip/Tuck is on.

Mephistopheles
11-01-2006, 12:12 AM
:nono:

Section126
11-01-2006, 12:16 AM
Gawd...they played like crap.

No ball movement whatsoever.

Last year when the Bulls doubled SHAQ, we reversed the ball to the weak side and got opportunities at the basket or an open jumper.

Mike Ingles had an interesting stat. Out of double teams of SHAQ, the Heat took 21 shots (most of them open)...they made...DRUMROLL......ONE. LOL!

There defense was pathetic. No worry. This was a total throw away game. When you come out and try to play the worst game in franchise history, this is what it looks like.

Word is that Jalen Rose will sign this week.

This is not new...this team looked like crap last year whenever J-Will was out...that guy sets our tempo, and is a very good player to have against a pressure defense type of team.

Till J-Will comes back, they will need more of Wade at the point since Quinn looked like he didn't belong out there.

One thing to worry about is that this team really believes that they can just turn it on come playoff time...because that is exactly what they did last year. That mind set is not good.

In other words...it's a marathon guys...relax.

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 12:27 AM
Am I the only guy here that thinks Antoine Walker doesn't deserve his starting position? This guy is the most inconsistent player I have ever witnessed in Heat history. He will shoot 21 points one night, and shoot 3 the next night.

If Jalen Rose does come in, he should be challenging Antwann Walker for the start.

Majpain
11-01-2006, 12:45 AM
What the hell happend? Did Da Bulls just smoke the Heat?

Prime Time
11-01-2006, 12:53 AM
Horrible loss. :nono: Wade played well but everyone else was :down:

UCFinfan86
11-01-2006, 01:03 AM
i thoguth Wright was hurt??

305TillIDie
11-01-2006, 01:21 AM
i thoguth Wright was hurt??me too..but i saw him out there :hmmm:

Fresh
11-01-2006, 01:33 AM
LOL @ anyone taking this game seriously. I was there, and I expected Miami to be crushed by at least 10-15. This ring/banner/celebration thing is a huge distraction, and believe me.. this is a veteran team, not a young, energetic group. These guys could care less tonight, and it showed. Everyone was focused on that ring. It seems like Dwyane Wade was the only player who had any sense of urgency, and I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset or concerned - the only thing we saw tonight that's actually TRUE.. is that Antoine Walker is garbage. Let me say this though - with Walker starting 82 games, we're not winning more games than last year. He's actually a hal-decent player off the bench, but he's a TERRIBLE starter.. I'd rather watch Chris Quinn's non-existant *** start than Walker. Start Posey until Wright proves himself. While on that subject, Chris Quinn does not deserve to be on an NBA roster, or at least that of a defending champion. He didn't earn his spot.. Vincent Grier did. Credit J-Will's injury for Quinn's spot.

Chicago's players get to leave the arena at a meaningless 1-0 record, while Miami's players are leaving with those sexy azz rings.. I mean, who cares? Definitely not me. Regular season is as regular season is - meaningless, for the most part. This game was similar to that 30+ point blowout against Dallas last year.. it just holds no weight.

Miami > Detroit/Cleveland > Chicago/New Jersey.

It's still that way.......

EDIT: Also, Dorell Wright got hurt around October 18-19 and was expected to miss three weeks. He's back and this was his first game since the injury. However, he played with his hand or wrist (whatever it is) taped up. To my understanding, he wasn't expected to give it a go tonight, which is why he wasn't even in the rotation. They threw him in during scrub time to see how ready he is. He was clearly effected.

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 02:32 AM
LOL @ anyone taking this game seriously. I was there, and I expected Miami to be crushed by at least 10-15. This ring/banner/celebration thing is a huge distraction, and believe me.. this is a veteran team, not a young, energetic group. These guys could care less tonight, and it showed. Everyone was focused on that ring. It seems like Dwyane Wade was the only player who had any sense of urgency, and I'm not surprised. I'm not even upset or concerned - the only thing we saw tonight that's actually TRUE.. is that Antoine Walker is garbage. Let me say this though - with Walker starting 82 games, we're not winning more games than last year. He's actually a hal-decent player off the bench, but he's a TERRIBLE starter.. I'd rather watch Chris Quinn's non-existant *** start than Walker. Start Posey until Wright proves himself. While on that subject, Chris Quinn does not deserve to be on an NBA roster, or at least that of a defending champion. He didn't earn his spot.. Vincent Grier did. Credit J-Will's injury for Quinn's spot.

Chicago's players get to leave the arena at a meaningless 1-0 record, while Miami's players are leaving with those sexy azz rings.. I mean, who cares? Definitely not me. Regular season is as regular season is - meaningless, for the most part. This game was similar to that 30+ point blowout against Dallas last year.. it just holds no weight.

EDIT: Also, Dorell Wright got hurt around October 18-19 and was expected to miss three weeks. He's back and this was his first game since the injury. However, he played with his hand or wrist (whatever it is) taped up. To my understanding, he wasn't expected to give it a go tonight, which is why he wasn't even in the rotation. They threw him in during scrub time to see how ready he is. He was clearly effected.
Couldn't agree more. And yes, Antoine Walker does suck. He's inconsistent, he blows, his defense is crap. I'm tired of people defending him. James Posey was more consistent and clutch in the postseason than Antoine could ever dream of. We won't win as many games as last year with him starting.

BRING IN JALEN ROSE.

Ferretsquig
11-01-2006, 08:43 AM
It seems like everyone in the world can see that Walker is not a starting calibre SF....why Riley can't is beyond me. While the rest of the world goes towards small and quick the Heat are big and slow.

Section126
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Meanwhile...Toine was a big reason the Heat won last year. If you want "clutch"..look at his performances against NJ and his game 6 performance against Dallas.

He needs to be used correctly.

Once we sign Jalen Rose....it will be roses because Rose will take away at least 8 minutes per game for Toine.

Toine is at his best as a PF getting 20 minutes per game.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Couldn't agree more. And yes, Antoine Walker does suck. He's inconsistent, he blows, his defense is crap. I'm tired of people defending him. James Posey was more consistent and clutch in the postseason than Antoine could ever dream of. We won't win as many games as last year with him starting.

BRING IN JALEN ROSE.

On top of your points the Heat do not have many consistent outside shooters i.e, Haslem, Payton and Posey... It was evident last year. Someone hopefully will step up this year...

I know that it is early... But the Heat will and must realize that you just can't take a night off on any team in the NBA. Especially Chicago! IMO the Bulls lately, have had their best shooting games against the Heat...

Buddwalk
11-01-2006, 02:46 PM

of course as a heat fan you'll say it doesnt matter but it is what is...a 30+ point loss

PHINATIC13
11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
So it's ok to the Heat that they got there a**es handed to them opening night at home?.Champions would and should be embarrassed to lose like they did.Hey they did manage to set a new NBA record though,for the worst loss to start a season after winning a championship.Disguise it all you want Heat fans,but that was a piss poor showing.

tucker
11-01-2006, 04:29 PM
i didnt care..and i was pretty sure miami was gonna lose..but i thought by 15..and doesnt anybody else think rose is washed up already?

dreday
11-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Open your eyes rest of the league.The Bulls are for real.I know its only the first game, but last nights game was no fluke.They are real.As for the record,I think the previous record for a loss after a championship was only 15.How sad is that to know the Heat almost tripled that?

UCFinfan86
11-01-2006, 05:01 PM
while i agree the bulls are good, they aren't going to be scoring that much every night. Duhon isn't going to score 20, barely 10 a night. They got 11 from their 12th man whcih isn't going to happen.

dreday
11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
while i agree the bulls are good, they aren't going to be scoring that much every night. Duhon isn't going to score 20, barely 10 a night. They got 11 from their 12th man whcih isn't going to happen.
They really wont have to.That D is gonna lock some teams up this year.

Mephistopheles
11-01-2006, 05:56 PM
So it's ok to the Heat that they got there a**es handed to them opening night at home?.Champions would and should be embarrassed to lose like they did.Hey they did manage to set a new NBA record though,for the worst loss to start a season after winning a championship.Disguise it all you want Heat fans,but that was a piss poor showing.
H is for Hater. :D

icephinfan
11-01-2006, 06:20 PM
Geesh, we lose 1 game and all the Heat bashing begins. It will not be like this the next game. There going to go on a big winning streak.

icephinfan
11-01-2006, 06:28 PM
The Heat's pursuit of Rose continued Tuesday. Miami very much wants to sign the swingman, but not before clarifying with Rose what his role will be if he chooses to sign with the team.
-- Miami Herald

icephinfan
11-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Derek Anderson, who relinquished a $2.5 million salary to take a $600,000 buyout from Miami, told the Heat he would be overseas signing with a team this week
-- Miami Herald

BAMAPHIN 22
11-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Geesh, we lose 1 game and all the Heat bashing begins. It will not be like this the next game. There going to go on a big winning streak.

I hope you are correct... Because it is the biggest discussion for ESPN shows i.e., Around the Horn, PTI, and Sports Center.

Amars
11-01-2006, 06:48 PM
Heats team looks unmotivated. Dwade is a stud but the rest of the team blows. To bad they didnt add some additional youth to this roster. Shaq will be lucky to make it through 60 games this season. Look like he's just going through the motion. But one thing about Shaq is that he always saves the best for the playoffs. Heats will be 3 or 4 seed but wont make it to ECF.

Fresh
11-01-2006, 07:21 PM
of course as a heat fan you'll say it doesnt matter but it is what is...a 30+ point loss
Yeah, thanks for adding to the discussion with your own analysis. :rolleyes2

Re-read my post, and everyone else's.

No one said it wasn't an ugly showing and embarrassing.

I simply said this game has no indication on the season.

I don't wonna predict anything spectacular until J-Will comes back and Posey re-enters the starting line-up at small forward. Walker is just a terrible small forward. I agree with whoever said he's better suited playing around 20 MPG at PF.

and doesnt anybody else think rose is washed up already?

Is he all-star caliber? No.

But he isn't washed up.. he can still contribute. He played pretty well on a terrible NY Knicks team last year. As a role player off the bench, he'd be a great option, especially if he's taking minutes away from Antoine Walker!

Another thing about Rose is that he's a good ballhandler. Once Dorell Wright gets healthy (another good ballhandler), we won't have to worry about seeing much of Chris Quinn anymore.

Vertical Limit
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Meanwhile...Toine was a big reason the Heat won last year. If you want "clutch"..look at his performances against NJ and his game 6 performance against Dallas.

He needs to be used correctly.

Once we sign Jalen Rose....it will be roses because Rose will take away at least 8 minutes per game for Toine.

Toine is at his best as a PF getting 20 minutes per game.
Dwyane Wade was the reason why the Heat won the championship. Without Wade, this team isn't going to Round 2 to play against the Nets.

Antoine Walker is the most inconsistent player on this team. Drop 20 points one night, and 3 points the next. You can defend him all you want, it's fact. He was the worse performer in our squad this preseason, and it showed last night.

I can care less about what he did last year. We won a championship, now I want another. It's about 2006-2007 now. If Antoine Walker continues to play like this by our 10th game, he MUST be benched.

I seriously don't think that Dorrell Wright could have done any worse than Antoine did last night. Those shots Antoine took were the most ridiculous looking shots I have ever witnessed. EVER. Bench his *** if he doesn't improve. Bring in the youth, who is rumored to be great on defense. Make Antoine Walker work harder to earn his starting position, especially since he has looked like he doesn't even belong in this league in the preseason.

Send a message to this entire team. Except for Wade and Shaq, everyone else is replaceable.

UCFinfan86
11-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Dwyane Wade was the reason why the Heat won the championship. Without Wade, this team isn't going to Round 2 to play against the Nets.

Antoine Walker is the most inconsistent player on this team. Drop 20 points one night, and 3 points the next. You can defend him all you want, it's fact. He was the worse performer in our squad this preseason, and it showed last night.

I can care less about what he did last year. We won a championship, now I want another. It's about 2006-2007 now. If Antoine Walker continues to play like this by our 10th game, he MUST be benched.

I seriously don't think that Dorrell Wright could have done any worse than Antoine did last night. Those shots Antoine took were the most ridiculous looking shots I have ever witnessed. EVER. Bench his *** if he doesn't improve. Bring in the youth, who is rumored to be great on defense. Make Antoine Walker work harder to earn his starting position, especially since he has looked like he doesn't even belong in this league in the preseason.

Send a message to this entire team. Except for Wade and Shaq, everyone else is replaceable.

I think Haslem isn't replaceable for this team, he is the perfect player for this team, gets a ton of rebounds, doesn't require the ball or anything, the perfect role player for htis team, plsu he did a hell of a job last year guarding Dirk, so you know he can guard some of the great PFs in this league.

Alex44
11-01-2006, 08:43 PM
Okay it was the first game of the season people....come on, you cant make a serious decision on who is good or who is bad for a long time from now.

Yeah it is a loss by 30+ points....didnt we have losses like that last year also :rolleyes:

I guess were going 0-82, oh well theres always next year :rolleyes:

Phins28
11-01-2006, 09:06 PM
I told you guys, the Bulls will crush the competititon this year.

DolphinDevil28
11-01-2006, 09:11 PM
I told you guys, the Bulls will crush the competititon this year.

My Magic are beating them by 20 right now.

tucker
11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
and quinn doesnt look very good

BAMAPHIN 22
11-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Miami has a challenge -- staying motivated.

Many think the Heat will go into the tank early in the season, and Miami has been fighting hard to shake that opinion. Tuesday's 42-point opening night loss to Chicago won't help matters.

"It's a media-generated perception," coach Pat Riley said. "I think the fans and the media should continue to enjoy this ride we're on."

Such thoughts could be used to motivate a team that many say can't be motivated for the regular season.

Miami was awful last season against the league's best teams, going 2-12 against fellow division champs. Miami is ready for such criticism again this season. Center Alonzo Mourning is already in mid-season antagonist form with his us-versus-them mentality.

"Ya'll are going to have fun writing this one," he said before fielding questions after Tuesday's 108-66 loss to Chicago.

Mourning then told reporters, "Regardless of what you guys write, we know things are going to get better."

They'd better.

News: Jason Wiliams will likely miss a couple weeks as he recovers from knee surgery, and Pat Riley says the Heat will continue to struggle until he returns.

Impact: "We can't [get better] until Jason comes back, period," Riley said of Williams. "It's hard to judge [the play at the position] overall. But we have to get better there. Whether or not this is an eye-opener, I'm sure it is. We'll see how the players deal with it." Gary Payton will continue to start, but if Williams is available in your league, you may want to grab him and stash him on your bench.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/teamReport?categoryId=71088&type=InsideSlant

Section126
11-02-2006, 12:53 AM
Heats team looks unmotivated. Dwade is a stud but the rest of the team blows. To bad they didnt add some additional youth to this roster. Shaq will be lucky to make it through 60 games this season. Look like he's just going through the motion. But one thing about Shaq is that he always saves the best for the playoffs. Heats will be 3 or 4 seed but wont make it to ECF.

Yeah...the rest of the team blows...that is why they are the champs.

Last I checked..Kobe Bryant is better than Wade and so is Lebron...so where are there rings from last year?

The Heat will be in the ECF...guaranteed. It's our yearly stop. book it.

3 or 4 seed my butt.

drop the haterade.

Did you see our rings?

Buddwalk
11-02-2006, 01:33 AM

Last I checked..Kobe Bryant is better than Wade and so is Lebron...so where are there rings from last year?

3 or 4 seed my butt.

drop the haterade.

Did you see our rings?

and if there not in the ECF will you eat your words? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Ferretsquig
11-02-2006, 08:43 AM

I'll one up that....the Heat will go to the finals so long as they don't face the Pistons in the ECF. Thats the only team in the east that worries me when matched up against the Heat. The Bulls and Cavs may end up winning a lot of games in the regular season, but they have no shot in the playoffs.

BAMAPHIN 22
11-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Riley taking a bloom to Rose?

As free-agent guard Jalen Rose spent Wednesday weighing his options, the short-term future for Heat swingman Dorell Wright hung in the balance.

Coach Pat Riley left Wednesday's marathon practice at AmericanAirlines Arena without offering an update on his team's pursuit of Rose.

"I'll comment on that when I can comment on that," he said brusquely, with Rose said to be considering interest from the Heat and Suns, in search of more than a minimum contract.

Rose received a $14.5 million buyout Monday from the Knicks on the $17 million he had remaining on his contract for this season. The 33-year-old veteran would figure to spend time at shooting guard and point guard for the Heat, relieving Dwyane Wade and cutting down on the minutes of Gary Payton.

Among those who also would be impacted by a Rose acquisition would be Wright, the third-year swingman who had a few promising moments in the preseason.

"It doesn't really matter who comes in or anything like that," Wright said. "I've just got to keep doing what I'm doing, and that's working hard and fighting for a spot."

It remains unclear how much faith Riley has in Wright, a player he acquired with the No. 19 pick in the 2004 draft. Given the opportunity to utilize Wright in the first quarter of Tuesday's 108-66 loss to Chicago, Riley instead went with rookie point guard Chris Quinn after Wade got into foul trouble.

Riley said the quickness of the Bulls' guards was a concern.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-spheatnote02nov02,0,6917328.story?coll=sfla-sports-heat

Section126
11-02-2006, 11:31 AM

The LEAST they will do is make the ECF....

The Heat will be in the Finals barring any serious injuries.

PHINATIC13
11-02-2006, 07:17 PM
H is for Hater. :D

Not so,I was pulling for the Heat to win. You guys(the Heat) still have my boys Riles and Shaq.I wasn't hating I was mad at the lack of effort put forth by the defending NBA champs.I know Pat and you can bet there was some a** chewing going on after that game.

icephinfan
11-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Heat coach Pat Riley has challenged Dwyane Wade this season to be a lockdown defender. Heat guard Gary Payton, selected to the NBA's All-Defensive first team eight times in his 16 seasons, said that if there is a weakness in Wade's game, it's as an on-ball defender against opposing top guards.
-- Miami Heat

Straztheman
11-03-2006, 07:55 PM
Heat coach Pat Riley has challenged Dwyane Wade this season to be a lockdown defender. Heat guard Gary Payton, selected to the NBA's All-Defensive first team eight times in his 16 seasons, said that if there is a weakness in Wade's game, it's as an on-ball defender against opposing top guards.
-- Miami Heat

ummm he is a lockdown defender. If u dont think so check out 305's d wade highlight mix

icephinfan
11-03-2006, 08:24 PM
ummm he is a lockdown defender. If u dont think so check out 305's d wade highlight mix

I know that, I'm just posting what was said.:wink:

Alex44
11-03-2006, 08:26 PM
He is a very high energy defender, but he isnt a lockdown defender sorry guys, he gets taken off the dribble pretty easily even though he always gives it his all

d-day
11-03-2006, 08:45 PM
Recently waived Rose will sign with Suns

The Jalen Rose (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=2636) sweepstakes appear to be over.
The winner? Phoenix.
According to his personal blog at JalenRose.com, Rose has chosen to play in Phoenix after being courted by the Suns, Miami Heat (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=mia) and Detroit Pistons (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=det).
The office of Rose's agent, Arn Tellem, confirmed to The Associated Press that the posting was correct, but the Suns said they had yet to hear from either the player or agent.
Rose, who received a $14.5 million buyout from the New York Knicks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=nyk), reportedly had narrowed his choices to Miami and Phoenix. The Heat could pay more than the Suns, who offered the veteran minimum of about $1.2 million, much of which is paid by the NBA.
"Being waived by the New York Knicks has created an opportunity for me to find a team to play on that will hopefully get me back into the playoffs with a realistic opportunity to win a NBA Championship," Rose wrote. "I am lucky and thankful to the numerous teams that have shown interest in me over the past few days, in particular Joe Dumars and my hometown Pistons and Pat Riley and the Miami Heat.
"Choosing the next chapter in my career has been difficult but I am proud to announce that I am now a member of the ... PHOENIX SUNS. I look forward to getting this season started and hope to see you at the Larry O'Brien championship trophy presentation in June. The stage is set, now its time to grind!"
Heat coach Pat Riley said Rose called him Friday afternoon to announce his decision. Miami was talking to Rose for several days, and Riley said Shaquille O'Neal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=847) and Dwyane Wade (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3708) were among those who were trying to woo Rose to South Beach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2648527

shame...

Fresh
11-03-2006, 09:42 PM
Dorell Wright came into the league probably not even knowing the definition of defense.

Right now, he looks like one of the best defenders on the team, if not THE best.

dob72
11-03-2006, 09:52 PM
wade in foul trouble but atleast they got the lead at the half

Fresh
11-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Vince Carter gets away with more travels than any player in the NBA.

Its ****ing disgusting.

Oh, and by the way.. we are once again the VICTIMS of terrible officiating. Whats new???

Dolphin1184
11-03-2006, 10:16 PM
Eric Reid = best announcer.

305TillIDie
11-03-2006, 10:19 PM
Eric Reid = best announcer.:yes:

that man been with the Heat since day 1..great announcer..Tony is a good color guy next to him also

Dolphin1184
11-03-2006, 10:24 PM
I wish we would cut the little mistakes. Everytime we start to get on a run we freaking shoot ourselves on the foot with a turn over or something else.

Dolphin1184
11-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Again :shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
11-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Vince Carter gets away with more travels than any player in the NBA.

Its ****ing disgusting.

Oh, and by the way.. we are once again the VICTIMS of terrible officiating. Whats new???

But the Heat never get calls right????

Every NBA player walks!

Dolphin1184
11-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Now THIS is the team I love with all my heart.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Is it me or is Gary Payton playing the best he has in a long time? I mean its only been two games but man he looks totally different from the guy that couldnt score to save his life last year

Section126
11-03-2006, 11:29 PM

Dude..weren't you a Pistons fan? :confused:

Section126
11-03-2006, 11:32 PM
Nice win tonight guys...vintage 2005-2006 performance.

Carry them...then DROWN THEM in the 4th.

Nice performance all around except the little mistakes. Good game by SHAQ and good work by the bench with Wade in foul trouble.

Interesting emphasis tonight. Lock up Jefferson and cut Kidd loose completely. Kidd doesn;t have it anymore to take it to the basket, it seems that Riley banked on it tonight.

Posey...was ...well.. POSEY. The clutchest performer besides #3 on this team.

I am praying that this Dorrell Wright experiment becomes the norm. Come on Riley..15 minutes a game at least from now on. This guy is an athlete. What a defender. Where did this come from? I admit...I never saw it coming.

Alex44
11-03-2006, 11:36 PM
Dorell played some real tight defense I say keep him on the court just for that alone.

Buddwalk
11-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Dude..weren't you a Pistons fan? :confused:

OWNED!!!!

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

dob72
11-04-2006, 12:03 AM
1 down, about 50-55 more to go

Mike13
11-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Heats will be 3 or 4 seed but wont make it to ECF

I'm pretty sure people thought that last year too, anyways good game guys.

Amars
11-04-2006, 02:35 AM

3 or 4 seed my butt.

drop the haterade.

Did you see our rings?

You guys are the champs and rightfully so but I wasnt talking about last year. Kobe has his rings actually he has 3. I see heats struggling in the playoffs just my opinion. Motivation is a major factor that carries you to the end and the heat had it last year. I just dont believe they will this year.Damn you give a opinion and you get bashed. Sensitive are we. I guess anyone who wants to post in this thread has to be a homer or bandwagoner and say the Heats are the best team ever to play. Nice Jalen Rose signing btw.

Ferretsquig
11-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Did Rose really sign with the Suns for a measly 300k? Arison's act is getting really annoying. First Wells then Rose. Its not as if either player is all that great, but both fill obvious needs.

Fresh
11-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Eric Reid = best announcer.
Eric Reid is awesome.. it isn't Heat basketball without him.

I thought I'd never catch the guy make a single mistake without correcting himself. However, who heard him call the name Maurice Williams (it's Marcus) all night? He did it over & over again. :lol:

tucker
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
i'm not impressed with dorell..maybe he just needs playing time

Section126
11-04-2006, 09:38 PM
You guys are the champs and rightfully so but I wasnt talking about last year. Kobe has his rings actually he has 3. I see heats struggling in the playoffs just my opinion. Motivation is a major factor that carries you to the end and the heat had it last year. I just dont believe they will this year.Damn you give a opinion and you get bashed. Sensitive are we. I guess anyone who wants to post in this thread has to be a homer or bandwagoner and say the Heats are the best team ever to play. Nice Jalen Rose signing btw.

HONEST opinions are respected...not obvious hater or jealous rants.

Fresh
11-04-2006, 10:00 PM
i'm not impressed with dorell..maybe he just needs playing time

Stop looking at stats and watch the games.

Is he shooting lights out or putting up many points? No. However, he's been one of our better defenders so far and has shown terrific defensive ability, which was the KNOCK on him coming out've high school.

Not to mention, the guy is still hurt and came back 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Dolphin1184
11-04-2006, 10:21 PM
Eric Reid is awesome.. it isn't Heat basketball without him.

I thought I'd never catch the guy make a single mistake without correcting himself. However, who heard him call the name Maurice Williams (it's Marcus) all night? He did it over & over again. :lol:

Yeah and Dwyane Wade has brought the best of him. He just lights up when Dwyane Wade gets the ball.

King Felix
11-04-2006, 10:42 PM
im patiently waiting for sections top 50 players board

Mike13
11-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Not to mention, the guy is still hurt and came back 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule.

Bingo.

tucker
11-04-2006, 11:09 PM
Stop looking at stats and watch the games.

Is he shooting lights out or putting up many points? No. However, he's been one of our better defenders so far and has shown terrific defensive ability, which was the KNOCK on him coming out've high school.

Not to mention, the guy is still hurt and came back 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule.i watched the game last nite and i wasnt impressed...is that ok with you? :( as i said, maybe he just needs playing time :)

dob72
11-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Kobe has his rings actually he has 3. .
u mean shaqs rings

Amars
11-05-2006, 12:20 PM
u mean shaqs rings

I guess the same for Wade because he couldnt do it without shaq.

Ferretsquig
11-05-2006, 12:23 PM
i watched the game last nite and i wasnt impressed...is that ok with you? :( as i said, maybe he just needs playing time :)

What was unimpressive? I thought he was easily the best perimeter defender on the floor. It would be nice if he could hit a jumper but thats not what is going to get him playing time. This team's most obvious deficiency last year was an athlete that could stay with the likes of Josh Howard, Nocioni, Prince, Gordon, Carter etc...

Section126
11-05-2006, 12:31 PM
im patiently waiting for sections top 50 players board

I will update it this week.

Ferretsquig
11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
This time Heat coach Pat Riley went with Dorell Wright early, stayed with him late.

While Friday's 16-minute stint hardly produced a breakout performance for the third-year swingman, it was a breakthrough.

After being ignored through the first three quarters of Tuesday's opening blowout loss to the Bulls, Wright found himself in Friday's victory over Nets midway through the first quarter, and, just as significantly, back on the court with the game in the balance in the fourth quarter.

It was a decided contrast to the opener, when Riley instead went with undrafted rookie point guard Chris Quinn during the competitive stages.

"I don't know if I made a mistake," Riley said of his rotation against Chicago. "I probably did, going with Chris, a young rookie."

This time, Quinn did not play. While Wright was just 1 of 5 from the field against the Nets, his five rebounds helped reverse the severe rebounding deficit the Heat experienced against the Bulls. His 6-foot-9 length also helped limit New Jersey's Vince Carter to 11-of-23 shooting.

"Dorell gets rebounds in batches," Riley said. "He will challenge shots at the rim. He's really long and rebounding might be one of the best parts of the game. He'll take the shot. I thought he played pretty well."

Wright said he did not know what to expect after being limited to mop-up duty in the opener.

"When I'm on that bench, I'm staying ready," he said. "I just try to do everything, getting rebounds, playing defense on whomever."

Wright said he has spent most of his time in practice at forward. But with Jason Williams still sidelined from July knee surgery, and with Dwyane Wade in early foul trouble the first two games, the void in the backcourt has become pronounced.

The No. 19 pick in the 2004 draft said he will be ready if another early call comes today in Philadelphia, although the 76ers' smallish backcourt could again have Riley worried about speed and quickness matchups.

"I've been working on this for two years," Wright said. "When I first came here, 18 years old, I was just trying to force everything. I was too excited. Now I'm ready."

:lol:

Really? Is there one person who saw Quinn coming in to replace Wade and didn't think....wtf? I don't know what Riley has against the kid, but I hope he forces his way into the lineup through his play.

UCFinfan86
11-05-2006, 01:55 PM
I guess the same for Wade because he couldnt do it without shaq.

He hasn't been given that chance

Amars
11-05-2006, 02:20 PM
He hasn't been given that chance

Shaq defeniatly has and he couldnt do without both.

dob72
11-05-2006, 04:24 PM
damn no shaq and zo's got 4 fouls

Fresh
11-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Meaningless game that Miami had no business winning. No Shaq, no J-Will.. that's minus 2 starters who are both capable of scoring 15-20+ and contributing in 2 other areas - rebounding/shot blocking & the fabulous assist-to-turnover ratio. Zo's backup at center today was Udonis Haslem, who is 6'8.. come on now. This was not a serious game. On the bright side, Haslem was amazing, and um.. who have I been raving about? Who? DORELL ****ING WRIGHT......

Dorell Wright:

15 points (5/7, 2/3 from three), 9 boards, 3 assists 2 steals, 1 block, 0 turnovers.

King Felix
11-05-2006, 05:56 PM
I will update it this week.:woot:

phinman1
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=The Blueprint]Meaningless game that Miami had no business winning. No Shaq, no J-Will.. that's minus 2 starters who are both capable of scoring 15-20+ and contributing in 2 other areas - rebounding/shot blocking & the fabulous assist-to-turnover ratio. Zo's backup at center today was Udonis Haslem, who is 6'8.. come on now. This was not a serious game. On the bright side, Haslem was amazing, and um.. who have I been raving about? Who? DORELL ****ING WRIGHT......

Dorell Wright:

15 points (5/7, 2/3 from three), 9 boards, 3 assists 2 steals, 1 block, 0 turnovers.[/QUOT

Meaningless? Not to Philly baby. We're gonna surprise some people this year. People have left AI for dead. Guy is still a top 5 player in the league.

UCFinfan86
11-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Shaq defeniatly has and he couldnt do without both.
When has shaq?? I hope your not talking about his magic days

Amars
11-05-2006, 08:13 PM
When has shaq?? I hope your not talking about his magic days

I said he defeniatly has had time in the league and never was able to get it done without kobe or wade.

Fresh
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Meaningless? Not to Philly baby. We're gonna surprise some people this year. People have left AI for dead. Guy is still a top 5 player in the league.
Um, it's quite meaningless for Philly when you beat a Heat team who was missing Shaquille O'Neal & Jason Williams. I mean, Philly struggled to get that win.

:confused:

Alex44
11-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Its 3 games into the season....so I dont put much stock into anything no matter if all 5 starters play or not

phinman1
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
Um, it's quite meaningless for Philly when you beat a Heat team who was missing Shaquille O'Neal & Jason Williams. I mean, Philly struggled to get that win.

No victory against the defending champs is meaningless, especially a team trying to find itself like Philly. It gives them confidence, and as I'm sure you know that's big in this league. As for "struggling", believe Philly was up 17 at some point. Yeah, they didn't have Shaq, but he could've done little against Korvers bombs. I have a feeling Heat fans will be full of excuses as the season progresses.

Alex44
11-05-2006, 09:34 PM
No victory against the defending champs is meaningless, especially a team trying to find itself like Philly. As for "struggling", believe Philly was up 17 at some point. Yeah, they didn't have Shaq, but he could've done little against Korvers bombs. Besides, Shaq is not to be feared anymore, especially in the regular season. He is now just a guy who can dominate every now and then. His numbers have steadily declined for years, and they are down again and he's missing games already. As for Jason Williams, every other night the guy is simply someone taking bad shots and getting burned on defense.

You had your year last year, enjoy it because it ain't happening again for quite a while. Wade will languish with an again roster for years to come.

You really have no clue about J-Will, not only did his defense improve last year but so did his shot selection, not to mention he wasnt 100% at ANY point last year

phinman1
11-05-2006, 10:40 PM
You really have no clue about J-Will, not only did his defense improve last year but so did his shot selection, not to mention he wasnt 100% at ANY point last year

You're right, J-Will plays good defense and is a high percentage shooter.:lol: I realize he is important to the team, but certainly not because of his defense and FG%.

dob72
11-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Meaningless game that Miami had no business winning. No Shaq, no J-Will.. that's minus 2 starters who are both capable of scoring 15-20+ and contributing in 2 other areas - rebounding/shot blocking & the fabulous assist-to-turnover ratio. Zo's backup at center today was Udonis Haslem, who is 6'8.. come on now. This was not a serious game. On the bright side, Haslem was amazing, and um.. who have I been raving about? Who? DORELL ****ING WRIGHT......

Dorell Wright:

15 points (5/7, 2/3 from three), 9 boards, 3 assists 2 steals, 1 block, 0 turnovers.
even so they still had a 10 pt lead in the 3rd and they just imploded

Prime Time
11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
Game wasn't meaningless. If they were, we wouldn't be playing our starters etc. Should've won, but we couldn't without Shaq and J-Will. Oh well its only 3 games in...so Its not like the sky is falling.

Roman529
11-06-2006, 01:15 AM

My Sixers are 3-0....a win in November counts the same as a win in April. :tongue:

Fresh
11-06-2006, 03:16 AM
Game wasn't meaningless. If they were, we wouldn't be playing our starters etc. Should've won, but we couldn't without Shaq and J-Will. Oh well its only 3 games in...so Its not like the sky is falling.
I didn't mean it as the way you took it.

What I meant is that without Shaq & J-Will, a win against a decent team would be far beyond remarkable. I expected Miami to lose, and they almost won. Basically, it's not a huge accomplishment for Philly, beating a banged up Miami team.. get me?

No victory against the defending champs is meaningless, especially a team trying to find itself like Philly. It gives them confidence, and as I'm sure you know that's big in this league. As for "struggling", believe Philly was up 17 at some point. Yeah, they didn't have Shaq, but he could've done little against Korvers bombs. I have a feeling Heat fans will be full of excuses as the season progresses. What a dumb post. You're boasting about beating a Heat team who was missing two starters, then you go onto mention the 17 point lead? Yeah, that came after Miami was up by 11, even without 2 of our starters. It's hard to manage a lead when you're missing so much. This is basketball.. not football. Missing 2 starters is almost assuring yourselves with a loss. Stop overrating a Sixers team who isn't even NEAR the level of the top teams in the East.

I mean, did you really bash Jason Williams then go on to give Kyle Korver his props? Jason Williams was an excellent player for Miami last year, and he had one of his most consistent seasons. He contributed in many ways last year.. if his shot wasn't on, he was managing the game, dishing out assists, and simply NOT turning the ball over at all. Kyle Korver on the other hand, has NOTHING TO OFFER outside of his long-range jumper. Absolutely nothing.

Philly will go as far as Allen Iverson will take them, because the supporting cast sucks. There's no chance Philly is better than a first round & out team this year.. if they even make the playoffs. Well, let me not say that. The East still isn't much outside of a few teams, so maybe Philly gets a middle seed and beats an average team like Washington. We're 3 games in, not 20, 30, 40, or 50. Please, try and be REALISTIC.

As for Heat fans being full of excuses this year.. too bad, deal with it or stay out of this thread. Miami has absolutely nothing to prove in the regular season, unlike the rest of the Eastern Conference (I won't say the league, because we know where San Antonio & Dallas will be in April). Probably the only player on this team with anything significant to prove during the regular season this year is Dorell Wright, in proving he can be a force off the bench. Excuses are excuses.. they become irrelevent when the playoffs tip off, not in November.. not for a defending Champion. Again, this isn't football where going 2-6 is the end of the world for the defending champs (Pittsburgh). We've got 79 games to play, and to be on the same pace as last year.. all Miami needs to do is win 49+.

Ferretsquig
11-06-2006, 10:02 AM
You're right, J-Will plays good defense and is a high percentage shooter.:lol: I realize he is important to the team, but certainly not because of his defense and FG%.

He is important to the team because he can hit the three and lead the break. As for his FG% which I presume you are mocking, he hit 37% of his threes with a EFG% of 53%. This was of course hurt by quality of shots at times, but he is an excellent spot up shooter....something that came as some suprise to those wondering how he would adjust to his limited role in Miami last year.

Mike13
11-06-2006, 10:18 AM
Wright shall be a stud.

phinman1
11-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I didn't mean it as the way you took it.

What I meant is that without Shaq & J-Will, a win against a decent team would be far beyond remarkable. I expected Miami to lose, and they almost won. Basically, it's not a huge accomplishment for Philly, beating a banged up Miami team.. get me?

What a dumb post. You're boasting about beating a Heat team who was missing two starters, then you go onto mention the 17 point lead? Yeah, that came after Miami was up by 11, even without 2 of our starters. It's hard to manage a lead when you're missing so much. This is basketball.. not football. Missing 2 starters is almost assuring yourselves with a loss. Stop overrating a Sixers team who isn't even NEAR the level of the top teams in the East.

I mean, did you really bash Jason Williams then go on to give Kyle Korver his props? Jason Williams was an excellent player for Miami last year, and he had one of his most consistent seasons. He contributed in many ways last year.. if his shot wasn't on, he was managing the game, dishing out assists, and simply NOT turning the ball over at all. Kyle Korver on the other hand, has NOTHING TO OFFER outside of his long-range jumper. Absolutely nothing.

Philly will go as far as Allen Iverson will take them, because the supporting cast sucks. There's no chance Philly is better than a first round & out team this year.. if they even make the playoffs. Well, let me not say that. The East still isn't much outside of a few teams, so maybe Philly gets a middle seed and beats an average team like Washington. We're 3 games in, not 20, 30, 40, or 50. Please, try and be REALISTIC.

As for Heat fans being full of excuses this year.. too bad, deal with it or stay out of this thread. Miami has absolutely nothing to prove in the regular season, unlike the rest of the Eastern Conference (I won't say the league, because we know where San Antonio & Dallas will be in April). Probably the only player on this team with anything significant to prove during the regular season this year is Dorell Wright, in proving he can be a force off the bench. Excuses are excuses.. they become irrelevent when the playoffs tip off, not in November.. not for a defending Champion. Again, this isn't football where going 2-6 is the end of the world for the defending champs (Pittsburgh). We've got 79 games to play, and to be on the same pace as last year.. all Miami needs to do is win 49+.

Where did I overrate Philly? I merely said that this win against the Heat will give them confidence. At this point I see the Sixers as a possible playoff team, nothing more. Continue to delude yourself if you will about the Heat, but their old, Shaq is regressing, and Wade has been playing too much ball, and now has even more on his shoulders.

Buddwalk
11-06-2006, 11:29 AM
wow you heat fans have an answer for everything huh...no shaq hurts, but if wade is as good as you guys make him out to be he would of been able to take up the scoring slack in this game...I guess without shaq hes not quite as good as you guys make him out to be :wink: :wink: :wink:

Allen Iverson 31 points 13 assists

ILPhinFan88
11-06-2006, 12:04 PM
My Sixers are 3-0....a win in November counts the same as a win in April. :tongue:

Go Sixers :D

Ferretsquig
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
wow you heat fans have an answer for everything huh...no shaq hurts, but if wade is as good as you guys make him out to be he would of been able to take up the scoring slack in this game...I guess without shaq hes not quite as good as you guys make him out to be :wink: :wink: :wink:

Allen Iverson 31 points 13 assists

Riley experimented with small ball and it didn't work. 'Zo got in early foul trouble and UD was playing C most of the game. It didn't help that Wade was missing early.

Wade can certainly excel without Shaq (as has been proven over and over again) but if one is out of the lineup and the other isn't having a great day the Heat aren't going to win. The rest of the team isn't good enough to win on its own. In terms you may understand, take Shaq and Wade out and you have the Bobcats. They may be fun to watch but unless the other team misses a lot of shots they aren't going to win.