PDA

View Full Version : New Mock

Bjorn
10-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I was bored so I made this mock. Give me your opinions. These are based on the espn power rankings.

1.Oakland – Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame
2.Detroit – Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin
3.Tennessee – Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech
4.Green Bay – Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma
5.Tampa Bay – Sam Baker, OT USC
6.Arizona – Levi Brown, OT Penn St.
7.Cleveland – Leon Hall, CB Michigan
8.Miami – Quentin Moses, DE/OLB Georgia
9.Houston – LaRon Landry, FS LSU
10.Buffalo – Paul Posluszny, OLB Penn St.
11.San Francisco – Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC
12.New York Jets – Kenny Irons, RB Auburn
13.Washington – Gaines Adams, DE/OLB Clemson
14.Kansas City – Justin Blalock, OT Texas
15.Pittsburgh – Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno St.
16.Minnesota – Quinn Pitcock, DT Ohio St.
17.New York Giants – Tom Zbikowski, SS Notre Dame
18.Dallas – Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio St.
19.St. Louis – Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss.
20.New Orleans – Lamar Woodley, DE/OLB Michigan
21.Carolina – Jeff Samardzija, WR Notre Dame
22.Jacksonville – Derrelle Revis, CB Arizona
23.Atlanta – Marshawn Lynch, RB California
24.Cincinnati – Michael Griffin, SS Texas
25.New England(from Seattle) – Aaron Rouse, SS Virginia Tech
26.New England – Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska
27.Baltimore – Troy Smith, QB Ohio St.
28.San Diego – Josh Beekman, OG Boston College
29.Philadelphia – Earl Everett, OLB Florida
30.Denver – Zach Miller, TE Arizona St.
31.Indianapolis – Aundrae Allison, WR East Carolina
32.Chicago – Martrez Milner, TE Georgia

feelthepain
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I think we trade down.

lauderdale
10-10-2006, 02:50 PM
I was bored so I made this mock. Give me your opinions. These are based on the espn power rankings.

OMG! You suck just like Brown, Culpepper, Saban, The Dolphins, Mularky, Harrington, Thomas, Taylor, both Allen's, Spragan, Chambers, McMichael, Shelton, and the OL!!!!!

(J/K as I figured I would cover everything so the rest of the posts might be positive for a change)

(Also, I suck because I'm sure I left out someone who sucks)

Stitches
10-10-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't see any CBs going in the top 7 right now, even with how Hall is playing. Plus you're including a lot of underclassmen who might not declare. I think 18 is kind of high for Ginn too. I really like the Moses pick, but I'd prefer Posluszny if both were available. Not sure if Troy Smith is a 1st round QB either, I'd think Stanton would go before him in the draft. Then again Jason Campell went earlier than expected. Also, Indy takes a WR in round 1, let alone someone on offense? They still have a lot of money tied up on that side of the ball.

Vertical Limit
10-10-2006, 03:00 PM
I say if we have a chance at Laron Landry, we get him.

Bjorn
10-10-2006, 03:06 PM
I think we trade down.

I hope we do too, but I never do mocks with trades. i would like to trade down and try and pick up a second.

Bjorn
10-10-2006, 03:07 PM
OMG! You suck just like Brown, Culpepper, Saban, The Dolphins, Mularky, Harrington, Thomas, Taylor, both Allen's, Spragan, Chambers, McMichael, Shelton, and the OL!!!!!

(J/K as I figured I would cover everything so the rest of the posts might be positive for a change)

LOL and the point of this post was................................

footballer
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
not bad for early october.

but we could be in the top 3.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-10-2006, 03:11 PM
right now daymeion hughes is the elite CB of this class.

Motion
10-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I'd be very disappointed if we took Moses that high or a DE in general. I think he's overrated, he hasn't done squat this season and looked terrible this past weekend especially. Rather address the Oline.

Bjorn
10-10-2006, 03:13 PM

Yeah the site I used to base where the players are projected right now had him in the middle of the second, so I didn't use him.

zonk4ever
10-10-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm not that bored yet.

SR 7
10-10-2006, 03:35 PM
I say if we have a chance at Laron Landry, we get him.

I'm alll for that.

Motion
10-10-2006, 03:39 PM
I can see it now. We draft Laron Landry and we'll have countless threads with the video of him getting run over by Tim Tebow just like we had of Ronnie running over Allen. Only this would be worse because it'd be by a freshman Quarterback. :lol:

nuttie_buddie
10-10-2006, 03:50 PM

:sidelol: rightily said...but living WI i believe the lions will probably get DB and/or Safety

SuperBowlin07
10-10-2006, 03:54 PM

Did you see the Cal vs. Tennessee Game? If not, then watch it and tell me what you think of him.

SuperBowlin07
10-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I think it is pretty clear that we need to address the OL in the first round this year. There are always quality defensive players in the middle rounds. I think we draft OL first probably a quality LB in the second another corner in the 3rd, and a WR in the fourth.

Stitches
10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Hughes is not even close to the top CB prospect. Maybe in the top 10, but even then that might be pushing it. Middle of the 3rd round is the highest anyone should expect Hughes to go. I recall another CB who put of phenominal stats, but was playing in the right system and lacked certain physical qualities.....where did he go, and who drafted him?

hmmm.....

Oh yea, his name was Jamal Fletcher, and we took him in the first. Most GMs know not to take system corners with high draft picks.

Stitches
10-10-2006, 04:03 PM
I think it is pretty clear that we need to address the OL in the first round this year. There are always quality defensive players in the middle rounds. I think we draft OL first probably a quality LB in the second another corner in the 3rd, and a WR in the fourth.

See, I think it depends where we pick. I could see us getting a LB in round 1 if we were in too low(or high depending how you look at it) to get one of the 3 stud LTs. I could see us getting someone like Landry too, since he's amazing and should know the system. If we pick around a mid spot, even someone like Aaron Rouse might be in consideration if he continues to play well and puts up monster numbers at the combine.

jim1
10-10-2006, 10:08 PM

Good mock. I like Moses, Thomas, and Stanton, too. Wouldn't mind seeing Levi Brown if he's there for us. Maybe OT Joe Staley in the 2nd, C Dan Mozes in the 3rd.

Majpain
10-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Great mock man !

Bjorn
10-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Thanks guys. I would like to see us draft an o-lineman as well but as I put it together that's how I thought it would fall. I could have us trading down for Justing Blalock but I don't like to do trades. I know some people are going to say that I have Moses going there because I want us to draft him; which is true to a certain extent. I think that Saban might have some knowledge of him as he is from Georgia and he is projected around the 5-10 range right now. And we need a Linebacker.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-10-2006, 11:29 PM
Did you see the Cal vs. Tennessee Game? If not, then watch it and tell me what you think of him. actually i did. did you? he played well. syd'quan thompson was picked on by erik ainge. he didn't throw the ball hughes' way.

Nappy Roots
10-11-2006, 01:06 AM

yea i agree. Hall is playing good, but hes not top 15 or top 20 material IMO. this CB class is weak after Hughes IMO.

DonShula84
10-11-2006, 05:00 AM
Michael Bush might have been injured, but he'll still be a first round pick. I'm pretty sure he's coming out. Brian Brohm will be a top pick also assuming he comes out. And I'm praying that Quinn doesnt end up in Oakland because then I'd have to stop liking him.

Clumpy
10-11-2006, 05:10 AM
I could live with that pick but Patrick Willis fits our system better than Poluszny....besides, with the schedule we play, Bills are likely to draft 12-15 and that's where Willis is projected to go :D

I also like Gaines Adams and Jeff Samardzjia

Mike13
10-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Not a bad Mock, but Carolina has some good WRS.

Motion
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks guys. I would like to see us draft an o-lineman as well but as I put it together that's how I thought it would fall. I could have us trading down for Justing Blalock but I don't like to do trades. I know some people are going to say that I have Moses going there because I want us to draft him; which is true to a certain extent. I think that Saban might have some knowledge of him as he is from Georgia and he is projected around the 5-10 range right now. And we need a Linebacker.
I really don't see Moses going that high unless he steps it up the second half of the season. He hasn't stood out at all this season.

Stitches
10-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Not a bad Mock, but Carolina has some good WRS.

Yea, I think the Panthers might need LB help more after the season than WR help. And I don't think they really have a great TE either, so they'd probably look there before WR.

Stitches
10-11-2006, 09:51 AM
I really don't see Moses going that high unless he steps it up the second half of the season. He hasn't stood out at all this season.

Yes, give me Landry or Puz with that pick.

Nappy Roots
10-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Yes, give me Landry or Puz with that pick.

i really dont see whats so special about Puz

Stitches
10-11-2006, 04:16 PM
i really dont see whats so special about Puz

He does everything you ask a linebacker to do extremely well. He's a hard worker, a good leader, and a great citizen and teammate. He has everything you could want. If you don't see what is so special about Puz, then you must have not thought AJ Hawk was special either.

Bjorn
10-11-2006, 07:23 PM
He does everything you ask a linebacker to do extremely well. He's a hard worker, a good leader, and a great citizen and teammate. He has everything you could want. If you don't see what is so special about Puz, then you must have not thought AJ Hawk was special either.

Honestly IMO Poz hasn't lived up to last year in my eyes, and I wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick. I might consider him around 15-25.

Brown42000
10-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Honestly IMO Poz hasn't lived up to last year in my eyes, and I wouldn't touch him with a top 10 pick. I might consider him around 15-25.
I agree after that injury he hasn't played the same.

Roman529
10-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Poz would be a nice fit...they have another LB at Penn State who is right up there in abilities...can't think of his name.

Brown42000
10-11-2006, 08:19 PM
If Laron Landry was still there Saban would pick him because he coached him at LSU and then we would have 2 solid safeties.

Mike13
10-11-2006, 11:42 PM
I want Blades form Pitt.

SR 7
10-12-2006, 12:11 AM
I want Blades form Pitt.

yea i hear good thigns about him and hes a ILB

SR 7
10-12-2006, 12:11 AM
If Laron Landry was still there Saban would pick him because he coached him at LSU and then we would have 2 solid safeties.

what a duo that would be. SPEEDY and great COVER/playmakers

DonShula84
10-12-2006, 02:07 AM

When I watched games of Hawk you saw he dominated. The games I've seen of Puz this year he is hardly noticable.

Motion
10-12-2006, 08:08 AM

I feel the same exact way about Moses.

Stitches
10-12-2006, 09:07 AM
When I watched games of Hawk you saw he dominated. The games I've seen of Puz this year he is hardly noticable.

There's a reason Puz won the Bednardik over Hawk last year. Puz is always in on the play this year. He may not be dominating, but he's playing a different position, and doing everything asked of him.

Now I agree he may not be performing like a top 10 pick at this point, but the season is merely half way through, plus he has workouts after the season. I do still think he is the best LB in the country. With that said, I would love to get Landry or an OL in round 1(if we pick high), and then get someone like Siler or Blades in round 2(then a G or C in rd 3)

SR 7
10-12-2006, 10:26 AM
There's a reason Puz won the Bednardik over Hawk last year. Puz is always in on the play this year. He may not be dominating, but he's playing a different position, and doing everything asked of him.

Now I agree he may not be performing like a top 10 pick at this point, but the season is merely half way through, plus he has workouts after the season. I do still think he is the best LB in the country. With that said, I would love to get Landry or an OL in round 1(if we pick high), and then get someone like Siler or Blades in round 2(then a G or C in rd 3)

exactly like me as far as needs via round! but add a DB via Round 4 or whatere hole of those 4 options is left.