PDA

View Full Version : The Poz

PhinFan0202
10-11-2006, 01:12 AM
Anyone think that Paul Pozlusny would be a good first round pick? Guy looks like he can be the real deal in the NFL. I haven't seen him play much this year but i know last year and during the Orange Bowl game he was a ball hawk. What kind of system would he flourish in? Would he play plug in the 3-4 or outside linebacker in a 4-3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqKZf8AJ5yY&mode=related&search=

PhinFan0202
10-11-2006, 01:20 AM
Crap why do i keep doing that? Can the mods move this forum to the draft boards. Sorry!

Mike13
10-11-2006, 01:44 AM
I don't know much about him.

downfield
10-11-2006, 02:01 AM
jeesus, sounds like you have a crush on the man with that soundtrack.

PhinFan0202
10-11-2006, 02:06 AM
jeesus, sounds like you have a crush on the man with that soundtrack.

no i actually turned the sound off because the song was annoying me.

adamprez2003
10-11-2006, 03:29 AM
I like him alot but we can probably get a more explosive player in the 1st. He will be really solid in the Pros but I'm not sure if he's all pro caliber. Could be but I'm not sure yet. Its tough to gauge cause he's playing with a knee brace this year

Venez1284
10-11-2006, 04:11 AM
I go to PSU, the brace is there for support and the docs want him to wear it. This year he's playing inside in a 3-4 because we have more LBs than d-lineman after we graduated 3 of the 4 from last year. He's looking more and more like his old self with each passing week. Plus his knee injury was partial tears of the PCL and MCL which didn't require surgery. Just a lot of rehab and rest.

Coolest clip of him...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QTh3DlLr20I

DonShula84
10-11-2006, 04:55 AM
I havent been all that impressed with him in the few PSU games I've seen. I heard he is playing out of position or something which could be why he isnt playing as well as last year. I dont think i'd want him in the top 10 though

Stitches
10-11-2006, 06:59 AM
I'd want him from pick 7 or lower(as in 7, 8, 9, etc) but then again, I'ma PSU fan.

D-bolt
10-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Connor has played the best at the LB position for State. I think Poz will be a good pro, but I don't think he'll be great.

Stitches
10-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Connor has played the best at the LB position for State. I think Poz will be a good pro, but I don't think he'll be great.

Conner has played amazing. But I think Poz will still be a great pro, he is playing awesome at a brand new position, just not as lights out as last year. Tim Shaw should even turn out to be a a good pro, and be like a 3rd round pick.

D-bolt
10-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Conner has played amazing. But I think Poz will still be a great pro, he is playing awesome at a brand new position, just not as lights out as last year. Tim Shaw should even turn out to be a a good pro, and be like a 3rd round pick.

If I had my choice of Backers from the Big 10 I think I would Rather have Prescott Burgess from Michigan. That's not taking anything away from any of the 3 you mentioned, but I think he is poised to have a better nfl carreer.

Stitches
10-11-2006, 10:17 AM
If I had my choice of Backers from the Big 10 I think I would Rather have Prescott Burgess from Michigan. That's not taking anything away from any of the 3 you mentioned, but I think he is poised to have a better nfl carreer.

I'd be happy if we got Burgess too, but he isn't viewed as a 1st round pick at this point. He is playing way better this year than any of his past seasons.

Aussiefinfan54
10-11-2006, 11:06 AM
looks pretty sick and a bit of an animal so yeah why not depending on when we are drafting of course

Finfan53
10-11-2006, 11:26 AM
Jack Ham said he's the best linebacker to ever play at Penn State... diagnosing plays, etc. Pretty nice compliment. All the backers at State are playing great, even the new guy Shawn Lee is gettin alot of playing time with connor and poz
Never know.... Zach Thomas slipped to the 5th round?....
I love that Poz is such a good kid... polite respectful, hardworking....wanting to bring Penn State Football back to how it should be

dominizzo
10-11-2006, 02:12 PM
I want A expolsive Lb anyone there besides Poz

Stitches
10-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I want A expolsive Lb anyone there besides Poz

Poz is an explosive LB. He's the top rated LB in the country by lots of people.

TampaFinsFan01
10-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Anyone think that Paul Pozlusny would be a good first round pick? Guy looks like he can be the real deal in the NFL. I haven't seen him play much this year but i know last year and during the Orange Bowl game he was a ball hawk. What kind of system would he flourish in? Would he play plug in the 3-4 or outside linebacker in a 4-3.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jqKZf8AJ5yY&mode=related&search=

Not in the first round where we'll be picking. We are going to be a top ten for sure, and probably top five, Poz can be had at probably 15 or so. If you want him, its imperative that we trade down.

ghostface95
10-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Speaking as a MICHIGAN (GO BIG BLUE) fan this is "unbiased"

In the past 10-15 years I've grown pretty weery of PSU players.DON'T GET ME WRONG THEY ARE TALENTED BUT ALOT JUST DON'T PAN OUT IN THE NFL

Andre Collins( bust)
Ki-Jana Carter (injury screwed him)
Curtis Enis(bust)
Kerry Collins (solid career but not spectacular)
O.J McDuffie (productive career with the FINS)
Bobby Engram (ehhh he's solid I guess)
Courtney Brown (jury is still out,but would be a considered a bust)
Michael Haynes (got released by KC recently...is this his 3rd year in NFL??)
Michael Robinson (so far is playing pretty good as the 3rd down RB in Frisco)
LaVar Arrington (THE MOST OVERHYPED NITTANY LION OF EM ALL...ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL PUT URLACHER AHEAD OF HIM..)

AGAIN I'M NOT BASHING PSU...JUST STATING SOME FACTS

BY THE WAY...WE'LL SEE YOU IN HAPPY VALLEY ON PRIMETIME TV

GOOD LUCK!!!

Stitches
10-12-2006, 01:07 PM
Speaking as a MICHIGAN (GO BIG BLUE) fan this is "unbiased"

In the past 10-15 years I've grown pretty weery of PSU players.DON'T GET ME WRONG THEY ARE TALENTED BUT ALOT JUST DON'T PAN OUT IN THE NFL

Andre Collins( bust)
Ki-Jana Carter (injury screwed him)
Curtis Enis(bust)
Kerry Collins (solid career but not spectacular)
O.J McDuffie (productive career with the FINS)
Bobby Engram (ehhh he's solid I guess)
Courtney Brown (jury is still out,but would be a considered a bust)
Michael Haynes (got released by KC recently...is this his 3rd year in NFL??)
Michael Robinson (so far is playing pretty good as the 3rd down RB in Frisco)
LaVar Arrington (THE MOST OVERHYPED NITTANY LION OF EM ALL...ALWAYS HAVE AND ALWAYS WILL PUT URLACHER AHEAD OF HIM..)

AGAIN I'M NOT BASHING PSU...JUST STATING SOME FACTS

BY THE WAY...WE'LL SEE YOU IN HAPPY VALLEY ON PRIMETIME TV

GOOD LUCK!!!

You could put Curtis Enis with the injury list. He wasn't a complete bust I don't think. I thought he had one good year, then injuries screwed him. I'll look and edit my post though.

Edit: Promising rookie season, and good 2nd season, but injuries killed him. I thought he some sort of degenerative illness, either his knees or ankles or something.

1998-133 attempts, 497 yards, 0 touchdowns 1999-287 attempts, 916 yards, 3 touchdowns

PhinsRock
10-13-2006, 09:57 AM
ONly pick him up if hes' available and you PROMISE that EVERY other pick will be OL, OL, OL, & OL. But do NOT trade up for this guy. Maybe trade down if Joe Thomas (OL) isn't available, and then draft ONLY OL, OL, and more OL.

Stitches
10-13-2006, 10:56 AM
ONly pick him up if hes' available and you PROMISE that EVERY other pick will be OL, OL, OL, & OL. But do NOT trade up for this guy. Maybe trade down if Joe Thomas (OL) isn't available, and then draft ONLY OL, OL, and more OL.

I agree, we shouldn't trade up anytime unless in the second round or later someone falls when they shouldn't have. I'd rather have Thomas or Brown over Puz.