PDA

View Full Version : I see this as a problem that needs resolving

dlockz
10-13-2006, 08:00 AM
I think some people are attempting to make legitimate posts and then get some jagoff saying something completely off topic thus causing the post to be relocated to the so called smack forum(Depths of the Sea). My point if I have one is why should a person get his thread moved on which was a serious topic to him because others decide to turn it into smack talk. So am I to assume if someone dislikes your post they can just say some irrevelant comments that may amoun to smack and the the thread is basically moved to the basement known as the depths.

inFINSible
10-13-2006, 08:25 AM
No. That usually doesn't happen that way though it may appear that is the case if you don't know al the criteria we use to make the detrmination of what goes and stays.

I can assure you that if a poster makes a well thought-out honest attempt at discussion, without inflammatory rhetoric, to start the thread, we would make a much greater effort to keep that thread in the Dolphins forum.

CrunchTime
10-13-2006, 10:14 AM
You are only seeing the tip of the Iceberg.

We usually try to keep the threads on topic by deleting the smack posts but sometimes there is just too many of them whereupon the thread gets sent to the depths.Thats why it may appear that the thread is OK because we have deleted most of the bad posts.

Also there are other factors involved such as troll behaviour and suspicious IP numbers which the members are not aware of.

dlockz
10-14-2006, 03:47 AM
You guys are probably right it just seems like some people are harpooning posts by turning them inot smack talk.

Also I don't agree with how all the moderators act at times but good job overall keeping things together.

njfinfan
10-14-2006, 06:27 AM
You guys are probably right it just seems like some people are harpooning posts by turning them inot smack talk.

Also I don't agree with how all the moderators act at times but good job overall keeping things together.

We do the best we can with 13 mods/admins, 20,000 registered members and countless guests. :dolphins:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 06:57 AM
We do the best we can with 13 mods/admins, 20,000 registered members and countless guests. :dolphins:

and a pretty good job too...

mornin' Mary!

njfinfan
10-14-2006, 07:02 AM
and a pretty good job too...

mornin' Mary!

Morning Marty. Not such a great morning for me. How are you doin?

cnc66
10-14-2006, 07:09 AM
Morning Marty. Not such a great morning for me. How are you doin?

sorry to hear that Mary..I really am. I am off today for Cocoa to do a history presentation.

njfinfan
10-14-2006, 07:25 AM
Thanks Marty. Good luck with your presentation.

inFINSible
10-14-2006, 07:37 AM
Say Hi to Jeannie for me, Marty.

cnc66
10-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Say Hi to Jeannie for me, Marty.

you are "dreaming"...:goof:

did you know, there is an official beach up there named after her....

inFINSible
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
you are "dreaming"...:goof:

did you know, there is an official beach up there named after her....
Eden? or "Jeannie"?

i always liked Satellite beach as a kid....never saw one though. :(

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 05:09 PM
sorry to hear that Mary..I really am. I am off today for Cocoa to do a history presentation.

And an outstanding job you did.

TO EVERYONE: If you ever get a chance to attend one of Marty's reenactments, make the time to do so. If you even have a passing interest in early Florida history, you will not be disappointed. Marty makes the time period when the earliest settlers were setting up homesteads in Florida come to life with first hand accounts as recorded by his ancestors and their fellow settlers.

I was throughly impressed.

Thank you Marty. It was a pleasure and honor to meet you.

CrunchTime
10-14-2006, 05:33 PM
As a history buff I am going to have to see one of those presentations next time I travel to Florida.

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 05:47 PM
As a history buff I am going to have to see one of those presentations next time I travel to Florida.

Perhaps we can convince Marty to record a presentation on DVD and share it with the out-of-staters.

It is THAT good...

cnc66
10-14-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Malcolm, for all the kind words, it was a true pleasure to meet you and spend some time chatting afterwards, thanks very much for your support.

I do love Florida's pioneer history... Mal, I have been perusing the micro film... I have 460 lineal feet of it, with approximately 16 images per foot..that's 7360 pages of daily reports... I am nearly in heaven...next Saturday will not come soon enough....

that's 1840 bucks at 25 cents per image...YIKES...I gotta make a deal...

one image copied per minute....122 hours..just copying.

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Jewelers loop or flashlight? :lol: I had a feeling you couldn't wait.

It was a pleasure meeting you too. I hope that more people can avail themselves of the experience you share and your knowledge of early Florida.

I have been to a lot of free presentations and few have been worth the price. That is certainly not the case with your reenactment.

I hope you can work out some deal with the library that stands to get as much (if not more) than they will give in the form of copies. That's a lot of money for one man to bear.

Next time, I will bring my fiance. She will get a kick out of the experience.

Thanks again, bro.

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:29 PM
Jewelers loop or flashlight? :lol: I had a feeling you couldn't wait.

It was a pleasure meeting you too. I hope that more people can avail themselves of the experience you share and your knowledge of early Florida.

I have been to a lot of free presentations and few have been worth the price. That is certainly not the case with your reenactment.

I hope you can work out some deal with the library that stands to get as much (if not more) than they will give in the form of copies. That's a lot of money for one man to bear.

Next time, I will bring my fiance. She will get a kick out of the experience.

Thanks again, bro.

I am confident something will be worked out. Pam Cooper, like I said, runs one of the best libraries...Florida rooms, I have ever been in. It approaches the PK Yonge library at Gainesville. She will want this in HER library, and she has the resources and clout to make it happen. There might even be a student available to help. They just don't realize what a treasure trove this info is...AND it saves me a trip to the National Archives fighting with the old women for the copier.

everything is in the negative which takes a TON of ink, and I don't think the microfilm printer can reverse it. I will be investigating macro-digital photography this week. If I can capture them digitally, I can manipulate them and reverse the negative images...its the first thing I do with the ones I have..return them to original.

PHINATIC13
10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
what irony.....................................................................:tongue: j/k :wink:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:42 PM
what irony.....................................................................:tongue: j/k :wink:

Ima little slow tonight, you'll have to explain that one Phin...

PHINATIC13
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Ima little slow tonight, you'll have to explain that one Phin...

see OP :D

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:47 PM

you are gunna have to take me by the hand on this one.... I still don't have a clue:goof:

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 09:48 PM

Slower still...what is OP, Phin? :confused:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:49 PM
dumb and dumber..which one do you want to be tonight...I'm for sure the other

byroan
10-14-2006, 09:52 PM
OP = Original Post

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 09:53 PM

:link:

PHINATIC13
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
you are gunna have to take me by the hand on this one.... I still don't have a clue:goof:

OP is complaining about some posters taking over threads(off topic) and I was referring to Celtkin and your posts about a visit.Aw heck cnc66,if I had to to go this far maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought(I am my best audience:rolleyes:).:goof:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:54 PM
OP = Original Post

thank you Byroan..Ima crackin' up

phin 13..you are the best!! props.

PHINATIC13
10-14-2006, 09:55 PM
:link:

:sidelol:

original poster

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 09:55 PM
OP = Original Post

:smackhead

Some think 'hijack' the thread...I think 'improve' the thread :D

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 09:58 PM
OP is complaining about some posters taking over threads(off topic) and I was referring to Celtkin and your posts about a visit.Aw heck cnc66,if I had to to go this far maybe it wasn't as funny as I thought(I am my best audience:rolleyes:).:goof:

It's 'old timer's disease' bro. We forgot what we were talking about.

I blame it on InFins :yes:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:02 PM
part timers...and I do the same thing...find a thread already resolved and use it rather than creating a new one..I don't make many threads

it's those damned horns that made us do it...all inFINS fault...

PHINATIC13
10-14-2006, 10:10 PM
hey I don't care what inFins says about you guys........Celtkin and cnc66 you guys are alright in my book.

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:14 PM
cool clock...

http://home.tiscali.nl/annejan/swf/timeline.swf

Celtkin
10-14-2006, 10:17 PM
hey I don't care what inFins says about you guys........Celtkin and cnc66 you guys are alright in my book.:gossip: :hug:

InFINS is good people. He threw me off when he started talking about a very cute woman in a bare midriff who can grant any wish that spun this thread out of control.

Hey...I was young and impressionable at the time...Who can blame me?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/idreamofjeannie0499-1.jpg

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:22 PM
I got it wrong..it is a street NEXT to the beach

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

A street near the Lori Wilson Park adjacent to the waterfront in Cocoa Beach was named "I Dream of Jeannie Lane" in honor of the series.

MNFINFAN
10-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I thought it was classic and was about to add my two cents too late, thank god I read the rest of the posts to see yours :LOL: