PDA

View Full Version : Peterson out for year!

SR 7
10-14-2006, 06:40 PM
Peterson broke his colloar bone and he said he would NOT enter the draft if he gest injured adn well...he got injuured. this sucks for miami b/c one of the players we want may slip up 1 slot. :(

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Where did he say he wouldnt enter the draft?

Brown42000
10-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I think he will still enter because he would still be a top 10 pick and has plenty of time to enter. He shouldn't try to rush back from injury either he just needs to get ready for the combine.

Breed
10-14-2006, 06:57 PM
That could mean no Joe Thomas........

Not good

QrtBck13
10-14-2006, 07:09 PM
wait Julian Peterson?

Breed
10-14-2006, 07:12 PM
wait Julian Peterson?

Adrian Peterson, he could've gone #1 overall.

QrtBck13
10-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Adrian Peterson, he could've gone #1 overall.
lol my b i ment adrian*.......when did he brake his collor bone....cause i just watched higlights of that game two minutes ao and i didnt hear any thing on him being hurt!
Julian Peterson= OLB Seattle Seahawks

nick1
10-14-2006, 07:24 PM
why in the world would we want Adrain Peterson? I really like the guy but we have Ronnie Brown at RB. I want LaRon Landry, Landry and Allen at safety will be a great combo

Joneal7
10-14-2006, 07:25 PM
why in the world would we want Adrain Peterson? I really like the guy but we have Ronnie Brown at RB. I want LaRon Landry, Landry and Allen at safety will be a great combo

i agree 100%

Breed
10-14-2006, 07:33 PM

It's not about us wanting Adrian Peterson, but Adrian Peterson not declaring for the draft means it's less likely a player like Joe Thomas slips to us.

fins33
10-14-2006, 07:37 PM

:dolphins: because ronnies gonna get injured with our terrible line:dolphins: :driveby::thewave:

DUB
10-14-2006, 07:40 PM

I have to agree. If anyone thinks Landry is on the board when we pick and Saban won't grab him is nuts! He is twice the athlete daniels is and travis has done very well.

Breed
10-14-2006, 07:46 PM
I have to agree. If anyone thinks Landry is on the board when we pick and Saban won't grab him is nuts! He is twice the athlete daniels is and travis has done very well.

I really like Landry, he can cover like a corner and he comes up big in run support......to top it off.......he's also a big playmaker (which is something we lack). That said, we have bigger needs. If Joe Thomas, Calvin Johnson and Jared Gaither (if he declares) are all gone when we're on the clock......then by all means......take LaRon Landry.

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
He will still leave school I wouldnt worry too much about it

Heart of a Fin
10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
10-3 Uf...go Gators,woooooooo

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 09:10 PM
he's still a top 5 pick.

A.C.
10-14-2006, 09:27 PM
We Got Ronnie Brown We Dont Give A **** About Peterson

Roman529
10-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Peterson pretty much injured himself by diving into the end zone when he didn't have to.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:12 PM
no, he was tripped going into the endzone.

SR 7
10-14-2006, 10:17 PM

who said anythign about that? ppl on this forum hae a really bad/hard time reading things for what is said. lack of ability to pay attention.

I woudl LOOOOOOOOOVE Landry and Allen back there. your talking about 2 safeties taht COVER like a Corner, tackle like Safeties (not our S at least but the real S that can tackle) and speed of a corner where both run prob in the 4.3's. tahts INSANNE especially for Madden :) hahaa

Mr772
10-15-2006, 12:21 AM

What makes you think allen will be a good saftey?

nick1
10-15-2006, 12:23 AM
I think he has all the tools to be but as with anyone else having the tools doesn't mean you will be good, theres other factors

jlfin
10-15-2006, 08:59 AM
If his draft position drops and he's available I say trade Ronnie Brown to a team like Denver or the Steelers and take this guy. He is a special player.
Indy did it several yrs back when they drafted Edge (traded Faulk to the Rams on draft day).

Breed
10-15-2006, 10:09 AM

I'm one of the few people on this board that liked this pick. To me, he was right there with Cromartie, Lawson and Jackson. He was great in college and if he stays healthy, I think he'll be very good in the NFL. His incredible combine was just the icing on the cake. I think he's easily one of the top 5 athletic safeties in the NFL; who knows how knows how he'll end up.........but I like his chances.

There are many people on this board that hated this pick from day one; all they saw were mock drafts predicting he'd go in the 2nd round.

As of right now I'm not really worried about Allen, but if he hasn't seen any action by week 9 or 10........I'll start getting a little worried.

jlfin
10-15-2006, 10:23 AM

Ronnie Brown is a good, solid back, but IMO he lacks the vision and instincts of a great back. He will never live up to his 2nd overall pick status or his contract numbers IMO.
Unfortunately, as the top headline today suggests. We probably couldn't trade him with his current contract because he is way overpaid relative to his productivity.
If you have a chance to pick up a special player, whether it be QB or running back you have got to do it.
By the same token, if Brady Quinn were available when we pick I think you need to pick him.
I'm not sold on DC as a long term answer and I haven't see JH play enough.

nighttrain76
10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
It's a cold rainy day here in Norman and the tv, paper and radio is talking like someone had past. That was the last time we will see AD in an Oklahoma uniform :( . It pretty much sucks but the show must go on!!!!

Boomer Sooner!!!!

Go Fins!!!! :dolphins: :D