phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:18 PM
i found it hillarious

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:24 PM
why does fiu have to go for our kicker

Brown42000
10-14-2006, 09:25 PM
I thought it was funny and what was the sign that some of the U players were throwing up

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:27 PM
why they got to go after our kicker though, what did he ever do to them

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 09:30 PM
Really showed how much class UM has. First the UL stomp at mid field now this

Brown42000
10-14-2006, 09:31 PM
They need to get rid of Coker ASAP this wouldn't have happened a few years ago.

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:32 PM
if you look at it, an FIU player was the one that started

cnc66
10-14-2006, 09:33 PM

stuff it Don... I'll bet you didn't even watch it... efn hiding irish lover

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
who cares? miami has no class regardless. at least in the 80s when they had no class they were GOOD.

Brown42000
10-14-2006, 09:34 PM
if you look at it, an FIU player was the one that started
I know a FIU player started it but it turned into a brawl involving all the players on both teams and it should have never escalated to that.

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:40 PM
hopefully this gives them incentive to fire coker

DolfanDaveInATX
10-14-2006, 09:43 PM
Actually, a "Tha U" player pointed at the FIU bench after scoring a touchdown. He got flagged for 15 yards and the brawl happened after the extra point.

Tha U could get away with a**hole moves like this and the Louisville stomp in the 1980s when they had the teams to back up the swagger. This one doesn't. They need to cut this nonsense out and focus on remembering how to play the actual game.

Caps
10-14-2006, 09:44 PM
One of Coker's selling points was how he ran a "clean" program, regardless of how much we sucked.
So much for that.

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 09:45 PM
Actually, a "Tha U" player pointed at the FIU bench after scoring a touchdown. He got flagged for 15 yards and the brawl happened after the extra point.

Tha U could get away with a**hole moves like this and the Louisville stomp in the 1980s when they had the teams to back up the swagger. This one doesn't. They need to cut this nonsense out and focus on remembering how to play the actual game.
i dont care if he pointed at the stands, not enough to make him go zidane on UM

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 09:46 PM
This was 100% the fault of the FIU players. Granted, the UM players went into it whole-hog once the FIU guys started it, but the FIU players were the ones who put the KICKER on the ground and started stomping and kicking him...after that, they got the response they deserved.
I very much dislike Coker, but he has run a clean program and anyone that says different doesn't know crap about the subject.

finfan01
10-14-2006, 09:52 PM
who cares? miami has no class regardless. at least in the 80s when they had no class they were GOOD.

Very True:D

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:01 PM

hmmm, 2006-16= 1990... hearsay eh?

finfan01
10-14-2006, 10:04 PM
hanh?

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:07 PM

Very stupid yes, very true no.

finfan01
10-14-2006, 10:07 PM
hmmm, 2006-16= 1990... hearsay eh?
highlight reels from the 70's and 80's that i watch a lot......trust me......i dont make this up....i kno what im talking about.....most of the time:D

daniel3
10-14-2006, 10:14 PM
This was 100% the fault of the FIU players. Granted, the UM players went into it whole-hog once the FIU guys started it, but the FIU players were the ones who put the KICKER on the ground and started stomping and kicking him...after that, they got the response they deserved.
I very much dislike Coker, but he has run a clean program and anyone that says different doesn't know crap about the subject.

An FIU player started it but UM escalated it WAYYY beyond what it should have materialized to. They were the ones that started swarming first and hitting back after what the FIU student did. It's only common sense the rest of the FIU players wouldnt just stand around.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:16 PM
An FIU player started it but UM escalated it WAYYY beyond what it should have materialized to. They were the ones that started swarming first and hitting back after what the FIU student did. It's only common sense the rest of the FIU players wouldnt just stand around.

Totally wrong. It was FIU that escalated things when they knocked the UM kicker to the ground and started stomping on him. After they did that, it's only common sense the rest of the UM players wouldn't just stand around.

Majpain
10-14-2006, 10:17 PM

:yeahthat:

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:19 PM
:yeahthat:

Yeah, that was a factless comment the first time, thanks for pointing that out.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:20 PM
:lol: i love that someone is defending the canes' actions.

daniel3
10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Totally wrong. It was FIU that escalated things when they knocked the UM kicker to the ground and started stomping on him. After they did that, it's only common sense the rest of the UM players wouldn't just stand around.

The stomping happened after what I stated.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:21 PM
The stomping happened after what I stated.

No, the stomping happened almost immediately.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Only because someone else was unwise enough to try to absolve FIU of the majority of the blame.

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:25 PM

yea I'm sure those sissys at UF would let that happen while they just stood there right

Majpain
It doesnt matter who started it both sides are a disgrace to football

Pennington's Rocket Arm
Only because someone else was unwise enough to try to absolve FIU of the majority of the blame.
who cares? nitpicking beyond belief here. they both acted very dumb and both should get in big trouble.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:27 PM
who cares?

Only people interested in the facts instead of mindless bashing.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:28 PM
what i said was fact.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:29 PM
what i said was fact.

Nope. Just mindless bashing.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:31 PM
ah okay. :)

Majpain
10-14-2006, 10:34 PM
I thought I said it perfectly.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:35 PM
I thought I said it perfectly.

Don't we all think that, though, about our own statements?

Majpain
10-14-2006, 10:37 PM
It doesnt matter who started it both sides are a disgrace to football.
Just incase you missed it...

305TillIDie
10-14-2006, 10:39 PM
I was at the game and FIU players started it..thats a FACT

they body slammed our 3 string QB and our Center tried to get him off the FIU guys..then all hell broke loose...

these FIU players suppose to went to Miami..but for whatever reason, they couldnt go

FIU is base in Miami and thats why it was a fight..Dade County and Broward County players is on both teams...FIU players is pretty much pissed that they couldnt attend Miami

bottom Line..Miami DID NOT start this...

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:39 PM
Just incase you missed it...

I've always thought the height of narcissism was to quote yourself.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:40 PM
I've always thought the height of narcissism was to quote yourself.
i dunno, i think it's continuously telling people they're wrong and you're right for your opinion in the same thread.

Rick 1966
10-14-2006, 10:42 PM
i dunno, i think it's continuously telling people they're wrong and you're right for your opinion in the same thread.

Yeah...and you've done that in this thread, so are you saying you're guilty of narcissism?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Yeah...and you've done that in this thread, so are you saying you're guilty of narcissism?
:yes:

cnc66
10-14-2006, 10:48 PM

hey...hows your team doin?...ut ohhh, another CHOKE

305TillIDie
10-14-2006, 10:50 PM
hey...hows your team doin?...ut ohhh, another CHOKE:sidelol: :sidelol:

jpcdolphan
10-14-2006, 10:54 PM
I was at the game and FIU players started it..thats a FACT

they body slammed our 3 string QB and our Center tried to get him off the FIU guys..then all hell broke loose...

these FIU players suppose to went to Miami..but for whatever reason, they couldnt go

FIU is base in Miami and thats why it was a fight..Dade County and Broward County players is on both teams...FIU players is pretty much pissed that they couldnt attend Miami

bottom Line..Miami DID NOT start this...

In addition, some of these players might have crossed each other even back in high school so there was already some bad blood from the get go.

DeathStar
10-14-2006, 10:55 PM
hey...hows your team doin?...ut ohhh, another CHOKE

:sidelol:

Go Tigers!!!!!! (picked them in a pool where each of the 4 of us picked 6 teams and person with lowest combined ranking at end of year wins 50 bucks from other 3 players)

phinphan896
10-14-2006, 10:55 PM
i thought that chris leak interception was sexy

305TillIDie
10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
In addition, some of these players might have crossed each other even back in high school so there was already some bad blood from the get go.yeah..that too

Alex44
10-14-2006, 11:02 PM
I didnt see what happened, but damn it sounds bad.

But if FIU started **** and we finished it hell Im proud of us no matter what we did after they started it.

Rule of life: You dont start **** and there wont be any ****, so if you start **** and get your *** kicked its your own fault

cnc66
10-14-2006, 11:10 PM

But if FIU started **** and we finished it hell Im proud of us no matter what we did after they started it.

Rule of life: You dont start **** and there wont be any ****, so if you start **** and get your *** kicked its your own fault

it'll be all over spurtz center for days Alex...you'll get to see it...maybe Crunch can make us a gif.

305TillIDie
10-14-2006, 11:11 PM

Rule of life: You dont start **** and there wont be any ****, so if you start **** and get your *** kicked its your own faultgreatest.quote.ever.

FIU players cant get in miami..so what they do? cheap shot, trash talk and body slam a Scout team QB

**** FIU

cnc66
10-14-2006, 11:14 PM
greatest.quote.ever.

FIU players cant get in miami..so what they do? cheap shot, trash talk and body slam a Scout team QB

**** FIU

I remember when that was an airport, and civilization stopped just on the west side of Snapper creek where Phil Frank had his little grocery store at the trailer park...

Alex44
10-14-2006, 11:15 PM
greatest.quote.ever.

**** FIU

I guess its automatically a rivalry game now :lol:

Except FIU wont be even close to winning one for another 5-10 years (if they even play again after what happened)

Every year Miami is gonna come in and wanna run up the score big time, and it will probally happen. If your a small school you dont wanna piss off a big time school that you wanna play every year

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 11:28 PM
stuff it Don... I'll bet you didn't even watch it... efn hiding irish lover

As much class your team I see

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 11:30 PM

Bingo

nick1
10-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I found it funny that guys were holding their facemasks and swinging the helmets, very funny... don't act like Miami started this cause they didn't plus it's not like this kinda thing doesn't happen all the time. there are always fights before and during FSU Florida games

305TillIDie
10-14-2006, 11:37 PM
It doesnt matter who started it both sides are a disgrace to footballno doubt about it

but what it all balls down to is a Miami player helping another player off the the other team..his teammate is getting slammed to the ground..what you going to do? go back on the sideline and not help you teammate?

both teams need players suspended..but that O-Lineman at miami tried to help his guy..he did the right thing

MikeO
10-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Same old Canes'

Both sides are at fault!! FIU is a nobody so nobody cares about them. Miami lives down to their reputation and shows once again why they are an outlaw program and can never live down that image.

Miami has slipped from the best team in the state to the 3rd or maybe 4th best team in the state (South Florida is a rising program and would be favored over them if they played tomorrow or even next year).

The Canes are a joke. I hope the ACC steps in and hands out some major suspensions. If not, then the NCAA must. Same goes for FIU, but who really cares about them anyway

MikeO
10-14-2006, 11:43 PM
no doubt about it

but what it all balls down to is a Miami player helping another player off the the other team..his teammate is getting slammed to the ground..what you going to do? go back on the sideline and not help you teammate?

both teams need players suspended..but that O-Lineman at miami tried to help his guy..he did the right thing

Ok, the o-linemen can step in and help. You don't a bench clearing brawl!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

And the Miami players kicking and stomping on defensless people laying on the ground.......no defense for that!!! (same goes for FIU, but as I said....nobody cares about them)

MikeO
10-14-2006, 11:45 PM
I am sure Duke, UNC, WF, and UVA the high moral standard schools of the long-time proud ACC is really liking the additions of Miami right about now with those street thug/gangsta antics. This after the VT was stomping on players legs last year in the Gator Bowl.

LOL

Majpain
10-14-2006, 11:47 PM
I wonder whats going to happen to the players that got involved.

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 11:48 PM
I wonder whats going to happen to the players that got involved.

The guy swinging his helmet should get arrested, though I doubt for some reason that it'd be his first time in cuffs...:wink:

King Felix
10-14-2006, 11:49 PM
The guy swinging his helmet should get arrested, though I doubt for some reason that it'd be his first time in cuffs...:wink::lol:

nick1
10-14-2006, 11:51 PM
stop hating on the Canes, they will still win the ACC. and I'm sick and tired of these stupid criminal remarks, over the past 10 years they have been very clean

DonShula84
10-14-2006, 11:52 PM
GT will win the ACC imo

Majpain
10-14-2006, 11:52 PM
stop hating on the Canes, they will still win the ACC. and I'm sick and tired of these stupid criminal remarks, over the past 10 years they have been very clean

Wait as in the School players or the U players in the NFL?

nick1
10-14-2006, 11:57 PM
Wait as in the School players or the U players in the NFL?
they can't control the guys after they leave the university, you gonna blame OSU for the lastest Maurice Clarett crimes? he was clean at OSU

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:12 AM
they can't control the guys after they leave the university, you gonna blame OSU for the lastest Maurice Clarett crimes? he was clean at OSU

he broke every NCAA rule by accepting gifts. Hardly clean

Majpain
10-15-2006, 12:13 AM

Clarret was a disgrace to the Ohio ST organzation.

nick1
10-15-2006, 12:16 AM
maybe a bad example but come on, you can't blame a university for a player commiting crimes after leaving the university. an example is Sean Taylor, he almost ruined his NFL career. I know for a fact that he was clean at UM (I'm a UM fan). and personnally I don't blame Taylor for what he did last year

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:19 AM
and I'm sick and tired of these stupid criminal remarks, over the past 10 years they have been very clean

Sean Taylor.

Nuff said. ! Debate over!:sidelol:

How do you know he was clean at UM?? What. he turned into a criminal overnight??

nick1
10-15-2006, 12:21 AM
Sean Taylor.

Nuff said. ! Debate over!:sidelol:

How do you know he was clean at UM?? What. he turned into a criminal overnight??
he never got into trouble with the law and that means he's clean

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 12:22 AM
Ok, the o-linemen can step in and help. You don't a bench clearing brawl!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

And the Miami players kicking and stomping on defensless people laying on the ground.......no defense for that!!! (same goes for FIU, but as I said....nobody cares about them)FIU started it the brawl..of course non-Miami fans will kill this subject and blame all of it on Miami...

If FIU wouldnt cheap shot and punch a miami player in the face and body slam a guy, this brawl wouldve NEVER happen

period.

its obvious FIU was looking for trouble..they are the ones that couldnt get in the University of Miami

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 12:35 AM
I have no doubt that FIU started it, but you just get the feeling(perhaps unfairly) if the same instigation had happened against USC or OSU or other top programs it wouldnt have turned as ugly as it did. FIU started it, but Miami had to problem pushing it to the next level.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:44 AM
he never got into trouble with the law and that means he's clean

Never got into trouble????????

He had to reach a plea bargin and take 18 months probation because he was brought up on FELONY CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-06-01-notebook_x.htm

Taking the plea is all but accepting that he was guilty of the crime!!!

Not to mention he was fined $17,000 by the league for spitting in Michael Pitman's face.

Yeah, he's some class act!! :shakeno: :shakeno:

Mephistopheles
10-15-2006, 12:45 AM
Dammit, I should have gone to the game.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:46 AM
FIU started it the brawl..of course non-Miami fans will kill this subject and blame all of it on Miami...

If FIU wouldnt cheap shot and punch a miami player in the face and body slam a guy, this brawl wouldve NEVER happen

period.

FIU started it. OK. That doesn't mean Miami can go and just do anything!! :shakeno: :lol: :shakeno: I mean come on!! The refs would have broken it up. Called the necesssary penalties. And thrown out the necessary people. Let the offiicals do their job.

Miami had to just walk away or at least not join in and sink to FIU's level!

Vertical Limit
10-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Fire Larry Coker.

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
FIU started it. OK. That doesn't mean Miami can go and just do anything!! :shakeno: :lol: :shakeno: I mean come on!! The refs would have broken it up. Called the necesssary penalties. And thrown out the necessary people. Let the offiicals do their job.

Miami had to just walk away or at least not join in and sink to FIU's level!walk away?..so you would walk away seeing your teammate beaten up and slammed to the ground?

Miami has wrong in this also..no doubt about it..but its not Miami fault that this was a brawl..once again, a miami player helped his teammate and FIU jumped on the guy..IF that happens, then of course the guys from miami will protect their family on the field

Vertical Limit
10-15-2006, 12:59 AM
I really don't understand what FIU was thinking. We're they trying to get noticed? We're they looking for National Attention?

I read an article about FIU players wanting to "OPEN UP SOME EYES". Well good job, you idiots. You started it off by slapping a linemen for no damn reason, and you speared a defenseless kicker that was doing nothing but wondering what was going on.

I'm kind of happy that Miami stomped on them. Those stupid thugs obviously weren't disciplined enough by their own parents. If you can hit someone, then it must mean you can take a hit back.

Flame me. Don't care. =/

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 01:01 AM
I really don't understand what FIU was thinking. We're they trying to get noticed? We're they looking for National Attention?

I read an article about FIU players wanting to "OPEN UP SOME EYES". Well good job, you idiots. You started it off by slapping a linemen for no damn reason, and you speared a defenseless kicker that was doing nothing but wondering what was going on.

I'm kind of happy that Miami stomped on them. Those stupid thugs obviously weren't disciplined enough by their own parents. If you can hit someone, then it must mean you can take a hit back.

Flame me. Don't care. =/FIU started it and Miami finished it

period.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262872390

Link
10-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Hey 305, clear up some space for a pm I sent you.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 01:14 AM
walk away?..so you would walk away seeing your teammate beaten up and slammed to the ground?

Miami has wrong in this also..no doubt about it..but its not Miami fault that this was a brawl..once again, a miami player helped his teammate and FIU jumped on the guy..IF that happens, then of course the guys from miami will protect their family on the field

a couple guys on the field could have gone in and broken up the fight.

the whole Canes bench didn't need to clear!!!!!!!!

Whatever, both teams looked awful. FIU nobody cares about. Miami lived DOWN to their reputation. Some things never change with them. That program is dying a slow death anyway! Tonight just speeded up the pace a little

Vertical Limit
10-15-2006, 01:17 AM
There's an easy way to clean the University of Miami program:

Fire Larry Coker.

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 01:21 AM
There's an easy way to clean the University of Miami program:

Fire Larry Coker.thats coming reaaaaaal soon

COMEBACKRICKY
10-15-2006, 01:27 AM
man dang!! SOMEBODY GET THIS ON YOUTUBE!!!!

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 01:33 AM
man dang!! SOMEBODY GET THIS ON YOUTUBE!!!!here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262872390&confId=null

scroll down a little and the Brawl Video is on the right hand corner

Link
10-15-2006, 01:39 AM
here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=262872390\

scroll down a little and the Brawl Video is on the right hand corner

Wow.... Insane....

canadainfin-fan
10-15-2006, 01:40 AM
yep

FLOUNDER
10-15-2006, 02:16 AM
As i watched this on TV. I think everybody caught doing something on tape should have been caught. This includes merriweather stomping on a FIU player and that other guy swinging his helmet. and numerous other players of both teams. Suspend them for the rest of the season

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 02:23 AM
Never got into trouble????????

He had to reach a plea bargin and take 18 months probation because he was brought up on FELONY CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-06-01-notebook_x.htm

Taking the plea is all but accepting that he was guilty of the crime!!!

Not to mention he was fined $17,000 by the league for spitting in Michael Pitman's face.

Yeah, he's some class act!! :shakeno: :shakeno:I know Sean since child hood and his was acting a fool even before he came to the University of Miami...thats not Miami's fault hes like that

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Miami won that fight btw :chuckle:

YM305
10-15-2006, 02:43 AM
some pics 4rm the fight
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

/me hurries to make a ownage sig. :foundout:

John Biello
10-15-2006, 02:47 AM
i saw all i needed to see to jump on the u bandwagon. great entertainment

Cuban305Fan
10-15-2006, 02:52 AM
Here is the Video of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

COMEBACKRICKY
10-15-2006, 03:10 AM
Hey thanks for the link 305.... too bad there was so much goin on it was hard to sort out. but i saw them take down the kicker, and that was just dickless of them.

and btw you new sean since childhood? thats pretty cool!

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 03:44 AM
Here is the Video of the fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQMiami whooped that *** on the field and on the scoreboard :sidelol:

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 03:45 AM
Hey thanks for the link 305.... too bad there was so much goin on it was hard to sort out. but i saw them take down the kicker, and that was just dickless of them.

and btw you new sean since childhood? thats pretty cool!no doubt

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 04:38 AM
look at the FIU roster..and people wonder how this started....Miami and south florida kids everywhere on here...everyone cant go to Miami..so they had to be pissed all that time that miami didnt select any of them....

http://www.fiusports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11700&KEY=&SPID=4780&SPSID=49160

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Maybe they were mad because Miami is a bunch of punks with no class?

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 06:05 AM

punks with no class? how come Miami is the punks and FIU started this mess? shouldnt you call FIU the punks?

FIU got what they deserve..they cheap shot Miami all game long...Miami keep their kool during the first half..miami players went back on the sidelines and coaches telling them to keep playing...

really...how much can you take??

FIU never stopped doing it..no at all..they cheap shot Miami..they hit our player first

you cant come in the orangebowl, cheap shot all game, talk trash..Miami PROTECTED there players and their field

period.

305TillIDie
10-15-2006, 06:23 AM
heres the pic where it all started..a PUNCH by FIU

heres the spearing

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 06:33 AM
punks with no class? how come Miami is the punks and FIU started this mess? shouldnt you call FIU the punks?

FIU got what they deserve..they cheap shot Miami all game long...Miami keep their kool during the first half..miami players went back on the sidelines and coaches telling them to keep playing...

really...how much can you take??

FIU never stopped doing it..no at all..they cheap shot Miami..they hit our player first

you cant come in the orangebowl, cheap shot all game, talk trash..Miami PROTECTED there players and their field

period.

FIU doesnt have the history that your team does. This could be a first time blemish for FIU all I know, but they are punks for this also. Protecting your field and doing what you guys did arent one and the same.

FIU might have started it, but Miami was quick to escalate it. That punch thrown against any other team is a 15 yard penalty, perhaps off setting penalties because a lineman goes and sticks up for his player. But it doesnt result in a benches clearing brawl with players using helmets as weapons and kicking people on the ground. Miami could have handled that punch with a lot more class and not made themselves look like a bunch of ***** to the world.

I also find it hard to believe that Miami wasnt talking trash right along with FIU, it's just hard to give Miami the benefit of the doubt in any situation like this. And the fight didnt start with that punch on the kicker, it looked like two lineman started shoving each other right after the kick was made, I think that instigated it all and I have no idea who started that shoving match.

FIU deserves plenty of the blame, but saying they started it we were just defending ourselves and did nothing wrong is completely foolish.

Amars
10-15-2006, 07:09 AM
heres the pic where it all started..a PUNCH by FIU

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/25904105.jpg

heres the spearing

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/25904101.jpg

If you look at the video it looks like there was a scuffle to the left before this. But that sure didnt help

cnc66
10-15-2006, 07:24 AM

you know what...I'm getting really tired of all your bullcrap about Miami ... you have a hate filled agenda and are acting like an ***...knock it off.

...all you do is take cheap friggen potshots from the sideline...you pronounced sentence before you had even seen the damned thing and I am tired of your low class insults directed at everything Miami...

Kdawg954
10-15-2006, 08:12 AM
Man I tell u what, I think Miami is the most HATED team in the league. If you are a non Miami fan, u are gonna think this is on Miami . . . I mean wtf man. Do any of yall understand the relationships from even back to pee wee football on the field right now. This is Miami-FIU . . . fk FSU and UF, this is what u call a LOCAL rivalry. U got kids from Deerfield Beach on south to Homestead making up about 90% of your squad. These kids got beef, alot of the FIU kids applied to Miami and weren't able to get a scholarship. I'm laughing at people saying that if it was USC or OSU this wouldn't happen. Of course not, they are way across the country some where. This type of thing happens at local schools ala Clemson-South Carolina. These 2 were jabber jawing all night, talking mess . . . probably talking bout how so and so's girl is a hoe, and how he hit it in the 8th grade . . .I mean u gotta understand the tension going on, on the field. Miami was taking that crap all night man, and when they scored . . .yea they relieved a little frustration and drawed that unsportsman like conduct flag . . . but hell what team doesn't draw one of those occassionly after scoring a TD. FIU took out the kicker and the scout QB, and thats when all hell broke loose. U wanna say Miami is classless, whateva man. I mean its bad what happened, but Miami didn't start this . . . they damn sure finished it tho. U don't let these UM rejects come on your field and take over, fk that, of course u non U fans think MIami could have prevented it, GTFO, this is bigger than NCAA, this is about hometown pride man. U know how many families were in the stands, how many homeboys, how many former teammates, how many current high school players . . . when FIU builds that program up, u will see this game on rivalry week every year.

ASCII
10-15-2006, 08:45 AM
I didn't think anyone was completely at fault. However, the "cheering" (jumping around pumping their helmets in the air), doesn't seem to make Miami any better looking. IMO, if anything showed lack of class, it was that.

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 08:54 AM
I have no doubt that FIU started it, but you just get the feeling(perhaps unfairly) if the same instigation had happened against USC or OSU or other top programs it wouldnt have turned as ugly as it did. FIU started it, but Miami had to problem pushing it to the next level.

No, it still would have been just as ugly. You may be fooliing yourself, but you're not fooling anyone else. You criminally assault the freaking kicker, you're going to cause a brawl with any team.

phinphan896
10-15-2006, 08:55 AM
dont give me that USC pete carroll ****

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 08:55 AM
a couple guys on the field could have gone in and broken up the fight.

the whole Canes bench didn't need to clear!!!!!!!!

Once the FIU bench cleared, what choice did Miami have? Let their players on the field get assaulted while they stood by? Hope I never have to count on YOU to have my back. :rolleyes2

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 08:57 AM

Naw, they were mad because FIU is a bunch of punks with no class and not enough talent to get into a real school.

ASCII
10-15-2006, 09:07 AM
Naw, they were mad because FIU is a bunch of punks with no class and not enough talent to get into a real school.

Funny wonder if the U. of Miami players had the same "Holier than Thou" attitude as you have :confused:. LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

Kdawg954
10-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Funny wonder if the U. of Miami players had the same "Holier than Thou" attitude as you have :confused:. LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

The stomp they do with the helmets in the air is more of a sign of unity, a "Nobody is gonna come in our house and run us over", its actually refreshing to see from this dead team, maybe its classless to u, but it may be the spark that turns this program back up, as crazy as it may sound.

Would u rather all the UM players go to the bench with their head in there hands crying about what just happened, c'mon man . . . it was only FIU, but Miami turned it on after that, and it was good to see a solid team effort after the brawl. These guys acted like they had interest in a game for the first time all year . . .its about DAMN TIME.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:08 AM
I know Sean since child hood and his was acting a fool even before he came to the University of Miami...thats not Miami's fault hes like that

they took him! They gave him the free education!!! Don't go after him!

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:12 AM
Once the FIU bench cleared, what choice did Miami have? Let their players on the field get assaulted while they stood by? Hope I never have to count on YOU to have my back. :rolleyes2

Nobody was going to get killed. Nobody had guns or knives.

The canes bench could have stayed there, let the refs take care of everything. And make FIU look like the bad guys.

Now, everyone looks bad. And the Canes have a history of this nonsense and this type of crap plus they are the bigger school so it effects them more. You don't think Florida, FSU, and other ACC schoools will use this footage to recruit against them?? Sit down with a players mamma and pappa and say....you want to send your kid to a school where THIS happens?? How it started who started it becomes irrelevant. You just don't "act" that way.

Like I said, nobody had a gun or a knife or was going to get murdered. The refs could have broken it up. Then the Canes come off looking like the good-guys.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:14 AM
LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

Your surprised? :lol:

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:19 AM
That brawl was sooooooo ugly and so bad. You can't trust Miami or even the ACC to pass out the punishments.

I hope the NCAA steps in. Bans certain players for life from playing NCAA football (on both schools). No little 3 or 4 game suspension. BAN THEM FOR LIFE!!!! Then maybe block FIU and Miami from going to any potential bowl games for 1 or 2 years. Starting THIS YEAR!

The punishment needs to be so harsh to prevent anything like this happening again. You can't trust the schools or conference to make the call.

LouPhinFan
10-15-2006, 10:41 AM
I saw the brawl several times on the clip shows. Here's the bottom line of it all: FIU started it and UM finished it, with style. Even on a bench clearing brawl, there's no need to stomp on players laying on the ground, and there is not need to swing your helmet like a weapon...ever.

FIU started it. Any player from that team that stomped on another player, or body slammed another should have their scholarship revoked. Any other player who threw a punch should have the rest of their season yanked. No bowl game (like they were going to make one anyway).

The UM kid that swung his helmet like a mace: Revoke his scholarship and send him packing. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT ACTION. None of you can defend it, so don't even try. Any other UM players that were stomping on players on the ground, either revoke scholarships, or suspend the rest of the year. Kids that swung a punch? Suspended the rest of the year.

I put equal blame on both sides. Yeah, FIU started it and I think should bear the brunt of the consequences. Miami has the higher profile program and will bear most of the scrutiny.

Mephistopheles
10-15-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/img9728902-1.jpg

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 10:58 AM
hahaa, what a ****ing idiot.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I saw the brawl several times on the clip shows. Here's the bottom line of it all: FIU started it and UM finished it, with style. Even on a bench clearing brawl, there's no need to stomp on players laying on the ground, and there is not need to swing your helmet like a weapon...ever.

FIU started it. Any player from that team that stomped on another player, or body slammed another should have their scholarship revoked. Any other player who threw a punch should have the rest of their season yanked. No bowl game (like they were going to make one anyway).

The UM kid that swung his helmet like a mace: Revoke his scholarship and send him packing. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT ACTION. None of you can defend it, so don't even try. Any other UM players that were stomping on players on the ground, either revoke scholarships, or suspend the rest of the year. Kids that swung a punch? Suspended the rest of the year.

I put equal blame on both sides. Yeah, FIU started it and I think should bear the brunt of the consequences. Miami has the higher profile program and will bear most of the scrutiny.

You must also block each school from postseason play for more than 1 year. Beause then it makes it difficult for BOTH schools to recruit kids knowing they are on a 1 year post-season ban. Makes the schools less atractive.

Kdawg954
10-15-2006, 11:08 AM
You must also block each school from postseason play for more than 1 year. Beause then it makes it difficult for BOTH schools to recruit kids knowing they are on a 1 year post-season ban. Makes the schools less atractive.

You would like that Mike, u have been the ringleader of the kick Miami while they are down bandwagon. Whether u like it or not, we will always have a big name, and this program has went through probation before and reigned supreme, it can happen again. Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 11:18 AM
You would like that Mike, u have been the ringleader of the kick Miami while they are down bandwagon. Whether u like it or not, we will always have a big name, and this program has went through probation before and reigned supreme, it can happen again. Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.:up: Go Canes, don't bring that **** to my house, we'll send you packin'.:evil:

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 11:19 AM
who cares? miami has no class regardless. at least in the 80s when they had no class they were GOOD.:sidelol: Whatever. When you win 5 National Championships in a 20 year span, you can talk ALL the **** you want.:rolleyes:

Majpain
10-15-2006, 11:24 AM
What happend to Miami, they use to be good.

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 11:30 AM
What happend to Miami, they use to be good.Dude, everybody goes through a 'down' time. The last one was in the late 90's. We'll be back, we ALWAYS come back.:evil:

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 11:37 AM

I never said this particular crop of players had class, I simply said that FIU was at fault for what happened.

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 11:38 AM
Nobody was going to get killed. Nobody had guns or knives.

Yeah, so Miami should just have stood by and let the FIU guys STOMP on the kicker and backup QB...I mean, they weren't going to DIE after all... :rolleyes2

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:39 AM
:sidelol: Whatever. When you win 5 National Championships in a 20 year span, you can talk ALL the **** you want.:rolleyes:

UF fans talking to us about being good...:sidelol:

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Yeah, so Miami should just have stood by and let the FIU guys STOMP on the kicker and backup QB...I mean, they weren't going to DIE after all... :rolleyes2
people's hatred of the u clouds their judgment. they dont care about the protecting your own player crap. they are just attack attack attack.

btw good thing none of my friends are like some of you in here that would have done nothing.

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Coker said the five players ejected in the fight -- offensive linemen Derrick Morse and Chris Barney, running back Charlie Jones, and cornerbacks Carlos Armour and Bruce Johnson -- would be suspended.

Coker also suspended safeties Anthony Reddick and Brandon Meriweather and fullback James Bryant.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2626725

Alex44
10-15-2006, 11:43 AM
A team is like a bunch of brothers (to me anyway) you spend a lot of time working with them, you spend a lot of time with them off the field, and you care about those guys

If someone attacked your brother would you stand there and watch?

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:44 AM
A team is like a bunch of brothers (to me anyway) you spend a lot of time working with them, you spend a lot of time with them off the field, and you care about those guys

apparantly some in here would have.

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 11:51 AM
"I don't have many bad days. This is a bad day." -- Larry Coker
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 12:02 PM
"I don't have many bad days. This is a bad day." -- Larry Coker
:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Naw, Coker doesn't have many bad days...but the fans of his team do. God I hate that guy. He needs to be fired.

BAMAPHIN 22
10-15-2006, 12:03 PM
Coker suspends eight Miami players for brawl

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/061014_miami_fight_hmed_7ph2-1.jpg (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15267333/displaymode/1176/rstry/15277140/)

Miami coach Larry Coker said Sunday that at least eight Hurricane players will be suspended for their role in a sideline-clearing brawl against Florida International.

The fight came during Miami’s 35-0 win Saturday night against Florida International, which plays across town. It was the first meeting between the teams.

Coker said the five players ejected in the fight — offensive linemen Derrick Morse and Chris Barney, running back Charlie Jones, and cornerbacks Carlos Armour and Bruce Johnson — would be suspended.

Coker also suspended safeties Anthony Reddick and Brandon Meriweather and fullback James Bryant.

The lengths of the suspensions have not been determined.

“I don’t have many bad days,” Coker said Sunday. “This is a bad day.”

The fight marred what was supposed to be the beginning of a friendly rivalry between two schools with players who grew up battling each other on high school fields in South Florida.

But even after reviewing tape, it’s impossible to say when tensions began escalating — although Coker said there was an incident during pregame warmups where an FIU player collided with a Miami player. He declined to identify which players were involved.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15277140/

Stitches
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
You would like that Mike, u have been the ringleader of the kick Miami while they are down bandwagon. Whether u like it or not, we will always have a big name, and this program has went through probation before and reigned supreme, it can happen again. Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.

I guarantee that fight hurt the University of Miami(FL) program in regards to recruiting, more than it helped. The only players who would enjoy seeing something like that are the players who have that type of mentality. And players with that type of mentality are the ones who get passed over on by most top tier programs.

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 12:11 PM
its time to bring Greg Schiano back to the U.

UCFinfan86
10-15-2006, 12:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2626725

That guy that was swinging his helmet, is crazy and should be suspended for the season, and to me that still isn't enough

Rocky Raccoon
10-15-2006, 12:23 PM
that was a disgrace, I can't believe what I was seeing. it wasn't just a fight. Players were actually stomping other players, swinging helmets, a FIU player who was injured swung a crutch at a player. I think anyone involved should be kicked off the team.

silverloop13
10-15-2006, 12:25 PM
No what really hurt their recruiting was that *** kicking they got from Louisville. Miami is no longer a big time program sorry but they arent. There are 20 better programs right now. They have been in decline for a while now. Teams are no longer scared of them. So far this year they have lost their biggest rivalry game, got whooped by UL after they stomped on the logo (no class) and now this (even less class). The only people who dont know this are the fans and the players. We gots our swagga back. /chuckle.:sidelol:

The team has no discipline or focus and that falls on the coach and the type of players he has brought in.

Muck
10-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Feel free to head on over to CanesHeaven if you want to talk about it there too. :)

http://www.canesheaven.com/forums/hurricane-football/698-melee-ob-um-fiu-fight-thread-merged.html

Majpain
10-15-2006, 12:43 PM
that was a disgrace, I can't believe what I was seeing. it wasn't just a fight. Players were actually stomping other players, swinging helmets, a FIU player who was injured swung a crutch at a player. I think anyone involved should be kicked off the team.

Agreed I dont see how anyone can defend both teams actions.

cnc66
10-15-2006, 12:46 PM
anyone who swung a weapon...of any kind, should be prosecuted for assault with a deadly weapon...

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Alot of high school football players liked what they saw last night how Miami handled their business . . . between that and the history, u will never be able to keep recruits from here . . . especially from the South Florida area.

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Are you kidding me. That brawl with players suspended is a good thing??? It is going to help your program?? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Now I have heard it all!!

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:51 PM
The people who think the Canes did nothing wrong are the same people who think Ron Artest was right in going up into the stands and throwing punches.

Please!

Kdawg954
10-15-2006, 12:55 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Are you kidding me. That brawl with players suspended is a good thing??? It is going to help your program?? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Now I have heard it all!!

WTF are u talking about, they were up 14-0 . . . the fight broke out, they composed themselves and played as a team and dominated the rest of the game. They finally played with heart for the first time this season, and as ugly as the brawl was, it may have sparked this program and team for the future. who cares if it was FIU, the team finally played like a TEAM who gave a damn.

I am not cosigning the brawl at all, I'm more impressed with how the team responded after the brawl.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:56 PM
WTF are u talking about, they were up 14-0 . . . the fight broke out, they composed themselves and played as a team and dominated the rest of the game. They finally played with heart for the first time this season, and as ugly as the brawl was, it may have sparked this program and team for the future. who cares if it was FIU, the team finally played like a TEAM who gave a damn.

bench clearing brawls and suspending players aren't going to atract HIGH SCHOOL kids (as you said in your post) to your program!!! High School kids and their parents were jumping up and down going...........I gotta go play there!!:lol: :lol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 01:02 PM
The people who think the Canes did nothing wrong are the same people who think Ron Artest was right in going up into the stands and throwing punches.

Please!

they should have fought with their hands...the stepping on legs and using helmets was ******ed. thats the only thing bad about the fight.

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 01:02 PM
bench clearing brawls and suspending players aren't going to atract HIGH SCHOOL kids (as you said in your post) to your program!!! High School kids and their parents were jumping up and down going...........I gotta go play there!!:lol: :lol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

they will go wherever the $$$$$$$$$$ (scholarships) are.

Kdawg954
10-15-2006, 01:04 PM

I never said that it would, go back and read my post man, I was referring to how they responded after the brawl, anybody with eyes saw FIU started the brawl and Miami finished it. I am NOT co signing the brawl at all, but I'm not for a Sun belt conference team pushing the home team around and them spearing players and throwing punches and our team sitting there taking that.

What will attract kids is the amount of draft picks, and the history and the location of this team. Not to mention the U will always have a grasp on the market down here in South Florida, and that alone can vault u into an elite team. Yea it was ugly, and I wouldn't wish that on the team, but I feel it may be the spark to ignite this dead team.

Alex44
10-15-2006, 01:05 PM

Please!

No, the players were attacked and stomped, I dont think Ron Artest was attacked and stomped on. There is a huge difference

If your family was attacked would you stand there and watch

MikeO
10-15-2006, 01:06 PM
they will go wherever the $$$$$$$$$$ (scholarships) are.

and most kids recruited by Miami, have scholorships to OTHER schools :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

It's not like Miami or the local community college! :shakeno:

MikeO
10-15-2006, 01:07 PM
If your family was attacked would you stand there and watch

But they didn't attack their family! :shakeno:

Alex44
10-15-2006, 01:09 PM

You have obviously never played on a football team, because those guys are as close to family as it gets.

They did the right thing.

Kdawg954

Please!

Yea Mike, blame it all on the Canes. Lets get 10 years of probation and the whole team ineligible for the whole season because it was all THEIR fault. Ron Artest is a million dollar athlete who got aggrivated from fans taunting him all night and just lost it when someone threw a cup in the crowd. You are talking about college athletes who play for pride (no money) and success and to watch memebers from another team take viscious hits on u can't be tolerated. I'm guessing u would have headed to the locker room if u were on the Miami team.

cnc66

cmon Mike... team is family

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 01:28 PM
you know what...I'm getting really tired of all your bullcrap about Miami ... you have a hate filled agenda and are acting like an ***...knock it off.

...all you do is take cheap friggen potshots from the sideline...you pronounced sentence before you had even seen the damned thing and I am tired of your low class insults directed at everything Miami...

BS, I didnt say a single word before I saw the tape of what happened. I dont care if you dont like what I have to say, dont read what I'm typing. But what I'm saying is pretty much the consensus. I have no hatred for UM, I had a cousin play for them, I lost a lot of respect for them when they stomped on mid field at UL and then this just furthers that.

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 01:30 PM
I didn't think anyone was completely at fault. However, the "cheering" (jumping around pumping their helmets in the air), doesn't seem to make Miami any better looking. IMO, if anything showed lack of class, it was that.

I felt the cheering added to it also. I kept waiting for Coker to come in and force his guys off the field :shakeno:

cnc66
10-15-2006, 01:33 PM
BS, I didnt say a single word before I saw the tape of what happened. I dont care if you dont like what I have to say, dont read what I'm typing. But what I'm saying is pretty much the consensus. I have no hatred for UM, I had a cousin play for them, I lost a lot of respect for them when they stomped on mid field at UL and then this just furthers that.

alright...I apologise for my angry response Don.

LouPhinFan
10-15-2006, 01:37 PM

No of course not. You get out there and defend your teammates. But does that give you the right to stomp on player's legs when they're face down on the ground or swing your helmet like a weapon? No.:shakeno:

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 01:38 PM
A lot of this has to do with Miami fans not even being mad about what happened (some are and they should be) but the ones saying they started it we finished it, they did the right thing blah blah blah is why Miami is getting a lot more crap then might deserve here.

It's good to see Coker act quickly though

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 01:46 PM
The whole thing was bad, but like cnc66 said, team is family. You play together, you back each other up. I still think it's odd that hardly anybody's finding FIU at fault for any of this. I guess it's cause it's the U.:rolleyes:

silverloop13
10-15-2006, 01:53 PM
The whole thing was bad, but like cnc66 said, team is family. You play together, you back each other up. I still think it's odd that hardly anybody's finding FIU at fault for any of this. I guess it's cause it's the U.:rolleyes:

Yes team is family. But when you go into a brawl like that you just incite more violence. You break the fight up you grab you guy and get him out of there.. ..... Then next week your not suspended for swinging your helmet and acting like a thug. They hurt their family alot more than they helped it.

cnc66
10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Yes team is family. But when you go into a brawl like that you just incite more violence. You break the fight up you grab you guy and get him out of there.. ..... Then next week your not suspended for swinging your helmet and acting like a thug. They hurt their family alot more than they helped it.

I agree with you..and my post history on this subject promotes responsibility and punishment for excessive force...

silverloop13
10-15-2006, 04:10 PM
I think we are saying the same thing. You always protect your family. Sometimes though you protect them from themselves and you pull them out of that situation.

Like the deal with Kyle Turley and the Jets game. He was right to go after that player......he was ripping his QBs neck back. However he let his emotion get the best of him and when he came up out of the pile he threw the Jets players helmet and said " Look at me world look at me world."

Still becasue it was a Jets helmet it made it ok. :goof: JK ~!

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes team is family. But when you go into a brawl like that you just incite more violence.

So, if three guys knocked your brother to the ground and started stomping on him, you'd just try to break up the fight, for fear of "inciting more violence?" :rolleyes:

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 04:39 PM
So, if three guys knocked your brother to the ground and started stomping on him, you'd just try to break up the fight, for fear of "inciting more violence?" :rolleyes:

A football game isnt a street fight jesus can we stop with this stupid argument already

bjchit
10-15-2006, 04:40 PM
The guy who swung his helmet and #24 of FIU should both be banned from football forever. Both teams should not be allowed new recruits for the next 2 years. And while I think that Ron Artest got what he deserved, Stefhen Jackson should have been given a bigger suspension for just charging into the stands and throwing wild haymakers.

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 05:05 PM
All I can say is, if anybody takes a swing at one of my friends, then they have it coming. You don't let somebody knock your friend/family/teammate to the ground and say, "hey there's no need for that." If I was in a bar watching the game and somebody took a swing at a guy wearing a 'Canes jersey for no reason, I would knock his dick in the dirt. You **** with him, you **** with me, and there's no exceptions for a member of the football team either. Sorry, I bleed orange and green. Enough said. :peace:

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 05:09 PM
When was the last time you were in a bar fight a guy pushed you and you turned to an official looking for a flag? THEY ARENT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!

Jaydog57
10-15-2006, 05:26 PM
When was the last time you were in a bar fight a guy pushed you and you turned to an official looking for a flag? THEY ARENT THE SAME THING!!!!!!!It's not the same thing, yeah, but it becomes a lot more personal than that man. When somebody shoves your buddy's head into the ground, you don't give a damn about officials and such. It's all about backing them up. You're a Notre Dame fan, if that happened up there, you might see where I'm coming from. :peace:

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 05:42 PM
A football game isnt a street fight jesus can we stop with this stupid argument already

Not until you stop arguing in a stupid way. It WAS a street fight, though...when three guys put someone on the ground and start stomping on him, it's a street fight.

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 05:48 PM
Not until you stop arguing in a stupid way. It WAS a street fight, though...when three guys put someone on the ground and start stomping on him, it's a street fight.

I've never seen an official present in a street fight. People get punched in games all the time and they dont hit back, like they would in a street fight, they look at the official. This is a much much more controlled environment then a street fight. FIU went further than a simple punch but Miami's reaction was still out of line. Continue condoning the actions of the team though, the fans reaction is just making the program look worse.

I'm done fighting about this though

silverloop13
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM

Apples and oranges and I think your smart enough to know the difference between 3 guys jumping my brother on a street and a brawl on a football field. Please try and come up with a better argument than that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet you cant.

Majpain
10-15-2006, 09:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JWeE9KqZjQ

I'm sorry but I watched this again. Both sides just disgraced football. The fans should be dissapointed.

Rick 1966
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Apples and oranges and I think your smart enough to know the difference between 3 guys jumping my brother on a street and a brawl on a football field. Please try and come up with a better argument than that. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet you cant.

That's because the argument is a good one, you simply can't counter it.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:23 PM
It's NOT a street fight, when its in front of 50,000+ fans. On TV, under lights, at the Orange Bowl!! And hot dogs, fries, cotton candy, and popcorn is being sold!!! I mean come on people!!

Nappy Roots
10-15-2006, 10:47 PM
what kind of a fight is it then MikeO?

its not a regulated fight. the refs arent breaking it up. the ref isnt making sure of any low blows. there isnt a set rules for fighting like hockey.

its a street fight.

MoFinz
10-15-2006, 10:57 PM
what kind of a fight is it then MikeO?

its not a regulated fight. the refs arent breaking it up. the ref isnt making sure of any low blows. there isnt a set rules for fighting like hockey.

its a street fight.

Hockey has a set of rules FOR fighting? I'd love to see you post them. NHL.COM should be a viable resource for the rule book. Street fighting by definition is in the street with no rules come as you are. This is football (or at least it used to be before people started ripping off their helmets and looking like a bobblehead after every 2 yard run from scrimmage). No fights necessary, the game is already plenty violent.

Showboating and thug mentality.....yeah, thats football. I say suspend both teams for the rest of the season and forfeit the rest of their games. Theres no place for that type of hooliganism in college football.

Im really shocked a Don Strock team was involved too. He's always been a class act.

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 11:01 PM
31 players suspended between the two teams. 1 game is not enough though

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-brawlsuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:33 AM
Hockey has a set of rules FOR fighting? I'd love to see you post them. NHL.COM should be a viable resource for the rule book. Street fighting by definition is in the street with no rules come as you are. This is football (or at least it used to be before people started ripping off their helmets and looking like a bobblehead after every 2 yard run from scrimmage). No fights necessary, the game is already plenty violent.

Showboating and thug mentality.....yeah, thats football. I say suspend both teams for the rest of the season and forfeit the rest of their games. Theres no place for that type of hooliganism in college football.

Im really shocked a Don Strock team was involved too. He's always been a class act.

so there is no rules for fighting in hockey?

K...why arent they suspended for fighting then?

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:35 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-brawlsuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns+

kyle wright put it best..

"You've got to back up each other," said Miami quarterback Kyle Wright. "You're not just going to sit out there and let guys get beat up."

Majpain
10-16-2006, 12:37 AM
Its called acting like a bunch of immature unprofessional atheletes. Those players are the future of teh NFL and to act like that.... It reminds me of the OSU player that chocked that Michigan player after the GW field goal. I was ashamed to be a Buckeye fan. Much like the whole Clarette saga. Hopefully Miami will rebound from this I dont even know what to call it.

A real man would have stoped his friends from ruining their life.

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Its called acting like a bunch of immature unprofessional atheletes. Those players are the future of teh NFL and to act like that.... It reminds me of the OSU player that chocked that Michigan player after the GW field goal. I was ashamed to be a Buckeye fan. Much like the whole Clarette saga. Hopefully Miami will rebound from this I dont even know what to call it.

A real man would have stoped his friends from ruining their life.

right. while the other guy is punching your friend in the face...pretty good idea.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 12:42 AM
+

kyle wright put it best..

"You've got to back up each other," said Miami quarterback Kyle Wright. "You're not just going to sit out there and let guys get beat up."Exactly...

Miami saw their teammate getting beat up by a gang of FIU players...so Miami did whats right..protect your teammate

people in this thread dont understand that..FIU players cant go to their childhood favorite team..and what do they do? cheap shot, gang up on our 3rd string QB and act a fool...

FIU was looking for a fight the wholeeee game...they messed with miami all day long..Miami never responded, but once you get physical with my teammate and hit him in the face..its going down..

Majpain
10-16-2006, 12:43 AM
right. while the other guy is punching your friend in the face...pretty good idea.

You have a helmet on, I seriously doubt punching someone in the face while they have a helmet on is going to do a whole alot of damage. Besides they could have got kicked off the team or worst their college scholarship terminated.

MikeO
10-16-2006, 12:44 AM

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-brawlsuspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

More suspensions are coming though. Just was just the 1st wave.

I wouldn't be shocked to see post-season play taken away from both teams as well.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 12:45 AM
You have a helmet on, I seriously doubt punching someone in the face while they have a helmet on is going to do a whole alot of damage. Besides they could have got kicked off the team or worst their college scholarship terminated.I dont care if that does damage or not..but when that happens, Miami protected their player..bottom line

MikeO
10-16-2006, 12:45 AM
The Rap Sheet....

-- Several Miami players fought with LSU players following the Tigers' 40-3 win in the Peach Bowl, a brawl that quickly escalated into an out-of-control melee in the tunnel leading from the field.

-- Shortly before the Miami-Louisville game Sept. 16, virtually the entire Hurricanes' roster jumped on the Cardinals logo at midfield -- an act widely viewed as a taunting gesture. Afterward, several Miami players chided eammates for their involvement in that incident.

-- A Miami player was shot outside his home shortly before training camp began in what players contend was a robbery attempt. Meriweather returned fire at the alleged assailants. Police said he acted legally.

-- Wide receiver Ryan Moore, who was sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, was suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. He is expected to be charged this week with misdemeanors stemming from an August fight with a woman. He hasn't played this season.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 12:47 AM
FIU is 0-7...you think they will play within the rules?

yeah right :lol:

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:47 AM
You have a helmet on, I seriously doubt punching someone in the face while they have a helmet on is going to do a whole alot of damage. Besides they could have got kicked off the team or worst their college scholarship terminated.

may not give you a black eye, but believe me, it leaves your head ringing. ive been in some football fights. in my highschool they didnt frown apon being scrappy during practice, and with people running their mouths it happens. people dont understand how often football fights happen, just not usually on game day.

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:48 AM
The Rap Sheet....

-- Several Miami players fought with LSU players following the Tigers' 40-3 win in the Peach Bowl, a brawl that quickly escalated into an out-of-control melee in the tunnel leading from the field.

-- Shortly before the Miami-Louisville game Sept. 16, virtually the entire Hurricanes' roster jumped on the Cardinals logo at midfield -- an act widely viewed as a taunting gesture. Afterward, several Miami players chided eammates for their involvement in that incident.

-- A Miami player was shot outside his home shortly before training camp began in what players contend was a robbery attempt. Meriweather returned fire at the alleged assailants. Police said he acted legally.

-- Wide receiver Ryan Moore, who was sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, was suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. He is expected to be charged this week with misdemeanors stemming from an August fight with a woman. He hasn't played this season.

who cares about the last 2? one they did nothing wrong, and the other guy has been basically kicked off the team....

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 12:48 AM
The Rap Sheet....

-- Wide receiver Ryan Moore, who was sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, was suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. He is expected to be charged this week with misdemeanors stemming from an August fight with a woman. He hasn't played this season.Merriweather and his friend Coop was shot at...they didnt do anything illegal

Majpain
10-16-2006, 12:52 AM
I uderstand getting physical but using your helmet, kicking a player while he is down is going overboard.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I uderstand getting physical but using your helmet, kicking a player while he is down is going overboard.its a fight for god sakes :sidelol:

In a fight, you dont care what you do...

both teams players needs to be suspended..no doubt about it..but it seems like people here doesnt like Miami and they will comment about what MIAMI did wrong..and not what FIU did wrong...

they started all of this non sense..and if FIU wouldnt never jumped a UM guy, this wouldve NEVER took place

thats a fact

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:54 AM
I uderstand getting physical but using your helmet, kicking a player while he is down is going overboard.

i dont think anyone is saying those things are OK. their not. but are you going to cancel a season because one player used their helmet? because a couple players Atown stomped someone?

it was a street fight.

Majpain
10-16-2006, 01:00 AM
It was a football game not a street fight......

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 01:01 AM
It was a football game not a street fight......

it stopped being a football game once you punch my teammate and tackle another one.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:02 AM
It was a football game not a street fight......of course its not....but it is what it is..Miami player was hit in the head and slammed to the ground..not a FIU player, but a Miami player...if YOU see that happen..what would you do?

Majpain
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
of course its not....but it is what it is..Miami player was hit in the head and slammed to the ground..not a FIU player, but a Miami player...if YOU see that happen..what would you do?

AS a player or as a Coach?

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:07 AM
AS a player or as a Coach?as a player..you right next to the guy thats being slammed to the ground..hes getting kicked in the helmet and all, ganged up on

Majpain
10-16-2006, 01:12 AM
as a player..you right next to the guy thats being slammed to the ground..hes getting kicked in the helmet and all, ganged up on

Lol you put me in a tuff situation :lol:. I get fired up easily so I probably would unleash hell, of course I wouldnt be a starter since I'm white :sidelol:.

Okay I wouldn't throw a punch but I would shove getting them away from the downed player.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:14 AM
Lol you put me in a tuff situation :lol:. I get fired up easily so I probably would unleash hell, of course I wouldnt be a starter since I'm white :sidelol:.

Okay I wouldn't throw a punch but I would shove getting them away from the downed player.I didnt mean to do that..but thats exactly what happened..the guy was on the ground...body slammed to the ground and hes being kicked in the head..thats when our O-lineman when to dive and save his guy from getting beat up..then all hell broke loose

Daunt8TDChris84
10-16-2006, 06:58 AM
yo i just didnt like the stomping thats terrible.

dude ima be a freshman qb @ fiu in 2009, anyway if you stomp on me and you tear me an acl or break something i swear and its something serious that jeopardises career, man ill make sure he wont have an nfl career either,i will destroy his knee with a pipe or something, so just dont mess with my nfl future and theres no problem.

Rick 1966
10-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Merriweather and his friend Coop was shot at...they didnt do anything illegal

Ignore Mike. He has basically no credibility and has always hated UM.

MoFinz
10-16-2006, 09:40 AM
so there is no rules for fighting in hockey?

K...why arent they suspended for fighting then?

And again i put to you......show me the rules for fighting in hockey.

Or, don't comment about things you don't understand:rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
And again i put to you......show me the rules for fighting in hockey.

Or, don't comment about things you don't understand:rolleyes:

im glad you avoided my question because you have no answer to it...

Rule 56 Fisticuffs

An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.
The aggressor in an altercation shall be the player who continues to throw punches in an attempt to inflict punishment on his opponent who is in a defenseless position or who is an unwilling combatant. A player must be deemed the aggressor when he continues throwing and landing punches in a further attempt to inflict punishment and/or injury on his opponent who is no longer in a position to defend himself.
An altercation is a situation involving two players, with at least one to be penalized.

A major penalty shall be imposed on any player who fights. A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor pen-alty, a major for fighting and a ten minute misconduct.
(NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 1) No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation will have this recorded as an instigator of an altercation for statistical and suspension purposes.
If the same player is deemed to be the instigator of a second altercation in the same game, he shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major for fighting and a game misconduct.
A player who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed a major penalty for fighting and a game misconduct.
A player who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation will have this recorded as an aggressor of an altercation for statistical and suspension purposes.
A player who is deemed to be both the instigator and aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, a ten minute misconduct penalty (instigator) and a game misconduct penalty (aggressor).
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation for the third time or the aggressor for the third time in one Regular Season shall be suspended for the next two Regular Season games of his Team. For the fourth instigator penalty or fourth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next four games of his Team. For the fifth instigator penalty or fifth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next six games of his Team.
(NOTE 2) When the player receives his third instigator penalty in one Regular Season, he is automatically given a game misconduct following that third violation.
(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 3) Automatic suspensions assessed to players who are deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more Instigator penalties.
During the Playoffs, any player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation for the second time or the aggressor for the second time shall be suspended automatically for the next Playoff game of his Team. For each subsequent instigator or aggressor violation during the Playoffs, the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.
Prior to the commencement of each Stanley Cup Finals, a player will have his current instigator and aggressor violations removed from his current playoff record. They will remain part of his historical record.
If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield, he shall be assessed an additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty.
(NOTE 4) Should the player who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty shall not apply.
A player who deliberately removes his sweater prior to participating in an altercation or who is clearly wearing a sweater that has been modified and does not conform to Rule 24A -- Players' Jerseys (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule24.html#a), shall be assessed a minor penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and a game misconduct. This is in addition to other penalties to be assessed to the participants of an altercation.
A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is removed (completely off his torso), other than through the actions of his opponent in the altercation or through the actions of the Linesman, shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.
A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is not properly "tied-down" (sweater properly fastened to pants), and who loses his sweater (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct.
A player who is involved in an altercation, when the opponent has been identified as an instigator, shall not be assessed a game misconduct if his sweater should be removed by an opponent or an Official in the discharge of his duties.
A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who, having been struck, shall retaliate with a blow or attempted blow. However, at the discretion of the Referee, a major or a double-minor penalty or a game misconduct penalty may be imposed if such player continues the altercation. (NOTE 1) It is the intent and purpose of this Rule that the Referee shall impose the "major and game misconduct" penalty in all cases where the instigator or retaliator of the fight is the aggressor and is plainly doing so for the purpose of intimidation or punishment. To further clarify, the player who starts the fight, and who then also becomes the aggressor shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, a ten minute misconduct (instigator), and a game misconduct for being the aggressor.
(NOTE 2) The Referee is provided very wide latitude in the penalties which he may impose under this Rule. This is done intentionally to enable him to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the fighting. The discretion provided should be exercised realistically.
(NOTE 3) Referees are directed to employ every means provided by these rules to stop "brawling" and should use this Rule and Rules 41(e) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule41.html#e) and (f) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule41.html#f) -- Abuse of Officials and other Misconduct.
(NOTE 4) Any player wearing tape or any other material on his hands (below the wrist) who cuts or injures an opponent during an altercation will receive a match penalty under Rule 43 -- Attempt to or Deliberate Injury of Opponents (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule43.html) in addition to any other penalties imposed including penalties for fighting under this rule.
A misconduct or game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player involved in fisticuffs off the playing surface or with another player who is off the playing surface. These penalties are in addition to any other time penalties assessed.
A game misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who is the first to intervene in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalty incurred in the same incident.
When a fight occurs, all players not engaged shall go immediately to the area of their players' bench and in the event the altercation takes place at a players' bench, the players on the ice from that Team shall go to their defensive zone. Failure to comply with the Rule shall, in addition to the other penalties that may be assessed, result in a fine to the Team of $1,000 and the Coach of said Team in the amount of $1,000.
A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation. Notwithstanding this Rule, at the discretion of the Referee, the automatic game misconduct penalty may be waived for a player in the altercation if the opposing player was clearly the instigator of the altercation.
Any Teams whose players become involved in an altercation, other than during the periods of the game, shall be fined automatically twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) in addition to any other appropriate penalties that may be imposed upon the participating players by supplementary discipline or otherwise. Any player who would be deemed to be an instigator pursuant to Rule 56(a) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule56.html#a) at a time other than during the periods of the game shall be suspended automatically for ten (10) games.
Such determination may be made by the Referee at the time of the incident or subsequently by the Commissioner or his designee based upon such reports and other information as he deems sufficient, including but not limited to television tapes.
(NOTE) In the case of altercations taking place after the period or game the fine under this Rule shall be assessed only in the event that an altercation is commenced after the period or game has terminated.

Motion
10-16-2006, 10:46 AM
yo i just didnt like the stomping thats terrible.

dude ima be a freshman qb @ fiu in 2009, anyway if you stomp on me and you tear me an acl or break something i swear and its something serious that jeopardises career, man ill make sure he wont have an nfl career either,i will destroy his knee with a pipe or something, so just dont mess with my nfl future and theres no problem.

This post was painful to read.

Majpain
10-16-2006, 11:49 AM
This post was painful to read.

MoFinz
10-16-2006, 12:44 PM
im glad you avoided my question because you have no answer to it...

Rule 56 Fisticuffs

An instigator of an altercation shall be a player who by his actions or demeanor demonstrates any/some of the following criteria: distance traveled; gloves off first; first punch thrown; menacing attitude or posture; verbal instigation or threats; conduct in retaliation to a prior game (or season) incident; obvious retribution for a previous incident in the game or season.
The aggressor in an altercation shall be the player who continues to throw punches in an attempt to inflict punishment on his opponent who is in a defenseless position or who is an unwilling combatant. A player must be deemed the aggressor when he continues throwing and landing punches in a further attempt to inflict punishment and/or injury on his opponent who is no longer in a position to defend himself.
An altercation is a situation involving two players, with at least one to be penalized.

A major penalty shall be imposed on any player who fights. A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor pen-alty, a major for fighting and a ten minute misconduct.
(NEW for 2005-06) A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be assessed an instigator minor penalty, a major for fighting, a ten minute misconduct and an automatic one-game suspension. The length of suspension will double for each subsequent offense. In addition, the player's coach shall be fined $10,000 -- a fine that will double for each subsequent incident.
(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 1) No team appeals will be permitted either verbally or in writing regarding the assessment of this automatic suspension.
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation will have this recorded as an instigator of an altercation for statistical and suspension purposes.
If the same player is deemed to be the instigator of a second altercation in the same game, he shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major for fighting and a game misconduct.
A player who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed a major penalty for fighting and a game misconduct.
A player who is deemed to be the aggressor of an altercation will have this recorded as an aggressor of an altercation for statistical and suspension purposes.
A player who is deemed to be both the instigator and aggressor of an altercation shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, a ten minute misconduct penalty (instigator) and a game misconduct penalty (aggressor).
A player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation for the third time or the aggressor for the third time in one Regular Season shall be suspended for the next two Regular Season games of his Team. For the fourth instigator penalty or fourth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next four games of his Team. For the fifth instigator penalty or fifth aggressor penalty in the same Regular Season, the player will be suspended for the next six games of his Team.
(NOTE 2) When the player receives his third instigator penalty in one Regular Season, he is automatically given a game misconduct following that third violation.
(NEW for 2005-06) (NOTE 3) Automatic suspensions assessed to players who are deemed to be the instigator of an altercation in the final five (5) minutes of regulation time or at any time in overtime, shall be served in addition to any other automatic suspensions a player may incur for an accumulation of three or more Instigator penalties.
During the Playoffs, any player who is deemed to be the instigator of an altercation for the second time or the aggressor for the second time shall be suspended automatically for the next Playoff game of his Team. For each subsequent instigator or aggressor violation during the Playoffs, the automatic suspension shall be increased by one game.
Prior to the commencement of each Stanley Cup Finals, a player will have his current instigator and aggressor violations removed from his current playoff record. They will remain part of his historical record.
If a player penalized as an instigator of an altercation is wearing a face shield, he shall be assessed an additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty.
(NOTE 4) Should the player who instigates the fight be wearing a face shield, but removes it before instigating the altercation, the additional Unsportsmanlike Conduct penalty shall not apply.
A player who deliberately removes his sweater prior to participating in an altercation or who is clearly wearing a sweater that has been modified and does not conform to Rule 24A -- Players' Jerseys (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule24.html#a), shall be assessed a minor penalty for Unsportsmanlike Conduct and a game misconduct. This is in addition to other penalties to be assessed to the participants of an altercation.
A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is removed (completely off his torso), other than through the actions of his opponent in the altercation or through the actions of the Linesman, shall be assessed a game misconduct penalty.
A player who engages in fisticuffs and whose sweater is not properly "tied-down" (sweater properly fastened to pants), and who loses his sweater (completely off his torso) in that altercation, shall receive a game misconduct.
A player who is involved in an altercation, when the opponent has been identified as an instigator, shall not be assessed a game misconduct if his sweater should be removed by an opponent or an Official in the discharge of his duties.
A minor penalty shall be imposed on a player who, having been struck, shall retaliate with a blow or attempted blow. However, at the discretion of the Referee, a major or a double-minor penalty or a game misconduct penalty may be imposed if such player continues the altercation. (NOTE 1) It is the intent and purpose of this Rule that the Referee shall impose the "major and game misconduct" penalty in all cases where the instigator or retaliator of the fight is the aggressor and is plainly doing so for the purpose of intimidation or punishment. To further clarify, the player who starts the fight, and who then also becomes the aggressor shall be assessed an instigating minor penalty, a major penalty for fighting, a ten minute misconduct (instigator), and a game misconduct for being the aggressor.
(NOTE 2) The Referee is provided very wide latitude in the penalties which he may impose under this Rule. This is done intentionally to enable him to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the fighting. The discretion provided should be exercised realistically.
(NOTE 3) Referees are directed to employ every means provided by these rules to stop "brawling" and should use this Rule and Rules 41(e) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule41.html#e) and (f) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule41.html#f) -- Abuse of Officials and other Misconduct.
(NOTE 4) Any player wearing tape or any other material on his hands (below the wrist) who cuts or injures an opponent during an altercation will receive a match penalty under Rule 43 -- Attempt to or Deliberate Injury of Opponents (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule43.html) in addition to any other penalties imposed including penalties for fighting under this rule.
A misconduct or game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player involved in fisticuffs off the playing surface or with another player who is off the playing surface. These penalties are in addition to any other time penalties assessed.
A game misconduct penalty, at the discretion of the Referee, shall be imposed on any player or goalkeeper who is the first to intervene in an altercation already in progress except when a match penalty is being imposed in the original altercation. This penalty is in addition to any other penalty incurred in the same incident.
When a fight occurs, all players not engaged shall go immediately to the area of their players' bench and in the event the altercation takes place at a players' bench, the players on the ice from that Team shall go to their defensive zone. Failure to comply with the Rule shall, in addition to the other penalties that may be assessed, result in a fine to the Team of $1,000 and the Coach of said Team in the amount of $1,000.
A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation. Notwithstanding this Rule, at the discretion of the Referee, the automatic game misconduct penalty may be waived for a player in the altercation if the opposing player was clearly the instigator of the altercation.
Any Teams whose players become involved in an altercation, other than during the periods of the game, shall be fined automatically twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) in addition to any other appropriate penalties that may be imposed upon the participating players by supplementary discipline or otherwise. Any player who would be deemed to be an instigator pursuant to Rule 56(a) (http://www.nhl.com/rules/rule56.html#a) at a time other than during the periods of the game shall be suspended automatically for ten (10) games.
Such determination may be made by the Referee at the time of the incident or subsequently by the Commissioner or his designee based upon such reports and other information as he deems sufficient, including but not limited to television tapes.
(NOTE) In the case of altercations taking place after the period or game the fine under this Rule shall be assessed only in the event that an altercation is commenced after the period or game has terminated.

No, i didn't avoid your question, i wanted you to educate yourself. Did you?????

As you can plainly see, there are no rules FOR fighting, only against it. Thanks for playing, don't forget to get your door prize on the way out :rolleyes2

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 12:51 PM
No, i didn't avoid your question, i wanted you to educate yourself. Did you?????

As you can plainly see, there are no rules FOR fighting, only against it. Thanks for playing, don't forget to get your door prize on the way out :rolleyes2

im sorry i dont know perfect ****in english.

in my vocabulary, FOR doesnt just mean a positive side of it. see in my world, there are rules FOR pass interference, rules FOR off sides...

glad we all know who the ****in king of **** is now. thanks almighty.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 01:17 PM
i think an e-fight is going to break out on finheaven!

Motion
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
i think an e-fight is going to break out on finheaven!

It already did, you must have missed the gem in the zoo this morning.

MikeO
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/9731081

a great column

finswin56
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
It already did, you must have missed the gem in the zoo this morning.:link:

BAMAPHIN 22
10-16-2006, 01:56 PM
Actual footage of the fight: http://www.netscape.com/viewstory/2006/10/15/video-miami-hurricanes-brawl-with-flu/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1JWeE9KqZjQ%26eurl%3D&frame=true

Motion
10-16-2006, 01:57 PM
:link:

That thread is long gone, and for good reason too. I've been on this board 2 years and never saw anything close to the garbage in that thread.

MikeO
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
MIKE and MIKE's take on it...
http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/audiochoose?id=2627920

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
it looks like Miami and FIU is schedule to play again next year..FIU wont turn down that fat pay check :lol:

Coral Reefer
10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
That thread is long gone, and for good reason too. I've been on this board 2 years and never saw anything close to the garbage in that thread.

Yeah, that one was a gem.
Guy had more than a few screws missing.... many more!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 02:18 PM
It already did, you must have missed the gem in the zoo this morning.
i only go to the zoo but once a week or so. too bad i missed out.

MoFinz
10-16-2006, 02:37 PM
im sorry i dont know perfect ****in english.

in my vocabulary, FOR doesnt just mean a positive side of it. see in my world, there are rules FOR pass interference, rules FOR off sides...

glad we all know who the ****in king of **** is now. thanks almighty.

Are you a man or a 6 yr old girl? Whats with the attitude? First you make some statement about a sport you obviously know nothing about and then i correct you and you act like i stole your easy bake oven.

The rules define the penalty for the behavior. They dont prescribe the form, but the foul. Is that too many big words for ya Nappy? Try this, the rules tell you what to do to people who fight, because fighting is against the rules.

Wanna try for double jeopardy where the stakes really increase?

Dont get mad at me because i demanded more from my education than you did

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 02:41 PM
Are you a man or a 6 yr old girl? Whats with the attitude? First you make some statement about a sport you obviously know nothing about and then i correct you and you act like i stole your easy bake oven.

The rules define the penalty for the behavior. They dont prescribe the form, but the foul. Is that too many big words for ya Nappy? Try this, the rules tell you what to do to people who fight, because fighting is against the rules.

Wanna try for double jeopardy where the stakes really increase?

Dont get mad at me because i demanded more from my education than you did

k

tucker
10-16-2006, 02:42 PM
lol@people saying miami are a bunch of thugs...give me a break..wasnt it FIU who started it? and people act like this is coker's fault...Last year after the Peach Bowl some Canes were jumped by LSU afterwards and one player got knocked unconscious with a shot from a helmet.. people said the Canes gone soft.. Now they say they outta control.. another guy said this is the worst thing he has ever seen..which is quite stupid to say since fights break out all the time in sports..But what gets me is that this is "Deplorable and disgusting," yet hockey has fights every night where they can swing until someone falls. Baseball has several bench clearing brawls per season. This ****, while bad, is no worse than what happens in other sports.

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
lol@people saying miami are a bunch of thugs...give me a break..wasnt it FIU who started it? and people act like this is coker's fault...Last year after the Peach Bowl some Canes were jumped by LSU afterwards and one player got knocked unconscious with a shot from a helmet.. people said the Canes gone soft.. Now they say they outta control.. another guy said this is the worst thing he has ever seen..which is quite stupid to say since fights break out all the time in sports..But what gets me is that this is "Deplorable and disgusting," yet hockey has fights every night where they can swing until someone falls. Baseball has several bench clearing brawls per season. This ****, while bad, is no worse than what happens in other sports.

tucker, dont try and bring hockey into this. MoFinz will call you stupid and tell you how he is so much better then you.

MoFinz
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM

Miami isnt a bunch of thugs? Really?

Did it occur to you maybe Miami was embarrased that they were into the 3rd quarter and only up 7-0 when they scored, and the U receiver pointed at the FIU bench and bowed. Wow, some class act there.

Both teams were culpable, both should be punished. Pointing to other sports does nothing to refute the fact this was a classless act that has no place on a football field. If you cant find enough violence in the every down play, maybe they should look into MMA.

finswin56
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
That thread is long gone, and for good reason too. I've been on this board 2 years and never saw anything close to the garbage in that thread.That's saying a lot.

tucker
10-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Miami isnt a bunch of thugs? Really?

Did it occur to you maybe Miami was embarrased that they were into the 3rd quarter and only up 7-0 when they scored, and the U receiver pointed at the FIU bench and bowed. Wow, some class act there.

Both teams were culpable, both should be punished. Pointing to other sports does nothing to refute the fact this was a classless act that has no place on a football field. If you cant find enough violence in the every down play, maybe they should look into MMA.umm no they arent thugs..hell i would be embarrased too, but FIU still started the fight...i'm guessing you watched the game so you must have also saw alot of the dirty playing that FIU did..how is it only Miami's fault? hell FIU players are known to be punks

edit: also, did anyone get to hear Lamar Thomas on Comcast broadcasting the game? hilarious!!!

MoFinz
10-16-2006, 03:01 PM
umm no they arent thugs..hell i would be embarrased too, but FIU still started the fight...i'm guessing you watched the game so you must have also saw alot of the dirty playing that FIU did..how is it only Miami's fault? hell FIU players are known to be punks

edit: also, did anyone get to hear Lamar Thomas on Comcast broadcasting the game? hilarious!!!

Where did i say it was ONLY Miamis fault. If you read the end, i blamed both teams for their classless behavior.

RIF man RIF

Reading
Is
Fundamental

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
self-de‧fense  /ˈsɛlfhttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/thinsp-1.pngdɪˈfɛns, ˌsɛlf-/ Pronunciation Key (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/) - Show Spelled Pronunciation (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)[self-di-fens, self-] Pronunciation Key (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/) - Show IPA Pronunciation (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)
–noun 1.the act of defending one's person when physically attacked, as by countering blows or overcoming an assailant

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 03:04 PM
why was hockey even brought up? they don't even fight. they just have little sparring matches that rarely result in anything more than a ripped jersey or something. REAL hockey fights are about as commonplace as REAL football fights or brawls.

nick1
10-16-2006, 03:10 PM
if I was in that situation I would have done the same and so would most of you guys so stop blaming the Miami players when they didn't start it. nobody even got hurt so whats the big deal? get over it and move on, Coker will be fired which would have happened anyway

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
if I was in that situation I would have done the same and so would most of you guys so stop blaming the Miami players when they didn't start it. nobody even got hurt so whats the big deal? get over it and move on, Coker will be fired which would have happened anyway
Seeing that your 18 and the players from BOTH (bolded in case any more assumptions) teams are around that age, it could be a maturity issue.

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
I think my argument is valid seeing that MoFins is 41 while the rest of you saying that you need to fight in that situation are in the teens or early 20s

nick1
10-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Seeing that your 18 and the players from BOTH (bolded in case any more assumptions) teams are around that age, it could be a maturity issue.
maybe but some are around your age and your not much older than me

nick1
10-16-2006, 03:30 PM
I think my argument is valid seeing that MoFins is 41 while the rest of you saying that you need to fight in that situation are in the teens or early 20s
come on if someone is beating up one of your friends your telling me you would just sit there?

I'm talking for Miami's sake because they retaileated in self defense and than after the FIU bench cleared you know the Miami bench has to to even the fight

tucker
i'm 24 and would have been right in the middle of it if someone did that to my teammate(s)..hell, i have been in a couple brawls...

Cuban Dave 9
Ah, its amazing what can be learned in 5 years

tucker
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
learn not to be a wuss and back up your "boys"?

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Whatever, it was just an attempt to get all this thug talk out but, you want to argue for the sake of arguing go ahead

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 03:32 PM
Ah, its amazing what can be learned in 5 years

apparently to not defend yourself or friends?

i hope i never learn that.

nick1
10-16-2006, 03:33 PM
this isn't a age issue, the same kind of thing happened yesterday in the Giant, Falcon game. a Giant LB nailed Vick a yard out of bounds and the guy was ambushed by about 10 Falcons

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
Ambushed, there was no stomping on anyone...no helmets being swung. That's how you could defend a teammate. If you read a post earlier I mention pushing people away. I mean, that Vick incident explains it.

tucker
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Ambushed, there was no stomping on anyone...no helmets being swung. That's how you could defend a teammate. If you read a post earlier I mention pushing people away. I mean, that Vick incident explains it.lol@pushing..come on man, you know damn well thats isnt going to work

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 03:43 PM
pushing people away only works when either they dont WANT to fight like FIU did or they were just pushing to.

so basically bushing wouldnt work when the other person is punching you

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
swinging a helmet and stomping is ridiculous. you can use the "self-defense" line all you want, but they went too far.

cnc66
10-16-2006, 03:54 PM
swinging a helmet and stomping is ridiculous. you can use the "self-defense" line all you want, but they went too far.

exactly right...you don't have to do THAT to defend a brother team mate...

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 03:58 PM
:D