PDA

View Full Version : Rich Franklin gets destroyed in Rd 1

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:32 AM
Silva is the f'n man!!!

Franklin was outclassed in every way. Rich deserves it, he's a prick!

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Silva is the f'n man!!!

Wow.. I didn't get to see this one. What happened with Sherk? I hope he won.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:40 AM
Wow.. I didn't get to see this one. What happened with Sherk? I hope he won.

Shrek won all 5 rounds. Won the decision. Pretty much just took Florion down and laid on top of him for 25 minutes. Threw some punches and elbows in between.

Florion cut Shrek open in Rd 2 but it was on the side of his head. TONS of blood out of Shrek's head. I mean a TON!!! But never mattered beasue it wasn't near the eyes. That fight wasn't even close.

Franklin didn't even land anything I don't think. Silva got him in a moi-ti clinch and landed about 3 huge knees to the head and face and Franklin just went down like a cheap whore at 2am looking for cab money!

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Shrek won all 5 rounds. Won the decision. Pretty much just took Florion down and laid on top of him for 25 minutes. Threw some punches and elbows in between.

Florion cut Shrek open in Rd 2 but it was on the side of his head. TONS of blood out of Shrek's head. I mean a TON!!! But never mattered beasue it wasn't near the eyes. That fight wasn't even close.

Franklin didn't even land anything I don't think. Silva got him in a moi-ti clinch and landed about 3 huge knees to the head and face and Franklin just went down like a cheap whore at 2am looking for cab money!

Great news regarding Sherk.. He did well against Hughes long time ago in the welterweight class, so I was hoping he'd win this one.

Well, I'm sure Franklin will get his chance at revenge. Wish they'd bring Dan Henderson over here. He's the other guy that might give Silva (or Hughes) a good fight.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:49 AM
I don't see any Middleweight currently in UFC that is beating Silva. Seriously, Franklin looked totally outclassed. If they fought 10.......Silva is beating him 10 times out of 10!! It wasn't even close. Franklin landed NOTHING!!!!!!! He looked lost.

Next month its Hughes vs St.Pierre!!!! Let's go Georgie!!!

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Silva is the f'n man!!!

no other way to put it than to say he was destroyed... ive never seen a defending champion get owned like that. he had absolutely no defense for the muay thai clinch and knees. Silva is deceptively strong, he was manhandling Franklin in the clinch, and Franklin could not shake loose from it. if it were me, after the first knee i would've tried a double leg as soon as he pulled it back. Franklin stayed put and got pulled back in to eat more knees.

his nose looked like it might slide off of his face after the fight.

but Mike O, why do you call him a prick? he handled the loss with class, and from what i can tell has always carried himself with class, unless there is something i dont know. what am i missing. on TUF he was decent, and never showed an arrogance that i remember.

Silva btw, was very respectful to Franklin and the UFC in his translated speech after Dana White strapped the title on him.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
no

but Mike O, why do you call him a prick? he handled the loss with class, and from what i can tell has always carried himself with class, unless there is something i dont know. what am i missing. on TUF he was decent, and never showed an arrogance that i remember.

Franklin is a prick. Read the interviews he gives in the MMA world. He's an asssss!!

Not to mention 3 weeks ago on TUF when he showed up he helped nobody. Told the one kid to drop to his knees at the start of the match so his opponenet couldn't kick him........almost insulting advice to any "true" fighter.

I don't like him. I am glad he got it handed to him tonight. Couldn't happen to a better a-hole

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't see any Middleweight currently in UFC that is beating Silva. Seriously, Franklin looked totally outclassed. If they fought 10.......Silva is beating him 10 times out of 10!! It wasn't even close. Franklin landed NOTHING!!!!!!! He looked lost.

Next month its Hughes vs St.Pierre!!!! Let's go Georgie!!!

he was definitely outclassed. before they even started i thought to myself that Franklin looked like he had the flu or something. he looked like he has lost alot of muscle mass, and they did catalog several injuries he has had over the past year. but still, he was owned.

LightsOut
10-15-2006, 12:56 AM
here's the fight for anybody that missed it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44E1NHKX

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 12:58 AM
Franklin is a prick. Read the interviews he gives in the MMA world. He's an asssss!!

Not to mention 3 weeks ago on TUF when he showed up he helped nobody. Told the one kid to drop to his knees at the start of the match so his opponenet couldn't kick him........almost insulting advice to any "true" fighter.

I don't like him. I am glad he got it handed to him tonight. Couldn't happen to a better a-hole

i do recall the drop to your knees advice actually, i loved Matt Serra's response... ill have to see if i can find any of his interviews posted online, though i dont know where to look other than to google it.

if you dont like Franklin you must really hate Matt Hughes... :lol:

now if you described Hughes as arrogant, i couldnt dispute it... but either way i love to watch that guy fight. i hope that GSP has recovered fully, if so that fight should be one for the ages. it is THE single MMA i have to watch. Hughes dissed him bad on TUF, no doubt about it.

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 01:00 AM
also, in fairness to Rich, when he showed up at TUF, they were in the middle of their staph infection epidemic, which is rampant on wrestling and training mats, and he stated he was already in training for the fight, unless im mistaken.

MikeO
10-15-2006, 01:02 AM
if you dont like Franklin you must really hate Matt Hughes... :lol:

now if you described Hughes as arrogant, i couldnt dispute it... but either way i love to watch that guy fight. i hope that GSP has recovered fully, if so that fight should be one for the ages. it is THE single MMA i have to watch. Hughes dissed him bad on TUF, no doubt about it.

Hughes is a dick but at least he's up front about it. Franklin tries to hide behind that pretty boy goodie too-shoes image. Makes ya want to vomit.

I am rooting for Georgie next month. But I have no problem with Hughes. He is what he is and he doesn't hide it

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 01:02 AM
also, i thought Sherk was really solid, in his gameplan. there arent going to be many guys he cant dominate on sheer power in that weight class.

Florian (or Ben Stiller, take your pick) took the beating better than i thought he would. i didnt think he would stay in it for five rounds after catching so many elbows himself.

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 01:03 AM
here's the fight for anybody that missed it

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=44E1NHKX

Hmm I downloaded it, but can't open it. Is there something else I need to download first before one can view this?

CharlestonPhan
10-15-2006, 01:04 AM
Hughes is a dick but at least he's up front about it. Franklin tries to hide behind that pretty boy goodie too-shoes image. Makes ya want to vomit.

I am rooting for Georgie next month. But I have no problem with Hughes. He is what he is and he doesn't hide it

yep, definitely no false modesty there on Hughes' part, but like you said, he is totally up front with it, so at least you can respect it.

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 01:04 AM
also, i thought Sherk was really solid, in his gameplan. there arent going to be many guys he cant dominate on sheer power in that weight class.

Yeah, Sherk is good, but overall PRIDE still has the better lightweights. They need to set up a match. Gomi (means garbage in Japanese :lol: ) is a big name over there.

LightsOut
10-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Hmm I downloaded it, but can't open it. Is there something else I need to download first before one can view this?

should play in winamp.

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 01:17 AM
should play in winamp.

hey thanks LightsOut. Wasn't planning on paying pay-per-view for this one. If you have the Sherk fight, that would be even better :wink:

MikeO
10-15-2006, 01:19 AM
hey thanks LightsOut. Wasn't planning on paying pay-per-view for this one. If you have the Sherk fight, that would be even better :wink:

Shrek fight was boring. Trust me. He took him down and laid on top of him for 5 min. For 5 rounds. Almost nothing happened. 25 min of almost no action. He was just too big and strong for Florion. Not an exciting match at all. Nothing happened

LightsOut
10-15-2006, 01:20 AM

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKWLTRBF

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 01:24 AM
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IKWLTRBF

:cooldude: Thanks again (maybe in the future, I'll just watch it at this site instead of pay-per-view :D )

ckb2001
10-15-2006, 01:27 AM
Shrek fight was boring. Trust me. He took him down and laid on top of him for 5 min. For 5 rounds. Almost nothing happened. 25 min of almost no action. He was just too big and strong for Florion. Not an exciting match at all. Nothing happened

Well, you were right about Franklin in his fight.

"Shrek" hehe.. was that deliberate? I kinda like that as a nickname for the guy. I also wish UFC would have unique "nicknames" for each fighter..

Scatman
10-15-2006, 01:56 AM
wow speechless

class dismissed...franklin just got put through elementary to college graduate in the clinch game

damnnnnnnnnnnnn

icephinfan
10-15-2006, 02:01 AM
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.FightCard&eid=220

icephinfan
10-15-2006, 02:03 AM

Muay- Thai is no joke. Once you lock in the clinch you own your opponent.I had a hunch the Spider would take this. He is a great fighter.

Scatman
10-15-2006, 02:16 AM

naaaaa wayy best fight of the night

B-LO, BABY
10-15-2006, 10:38 AM
And Hughes doesn't hide behind his "I'm just a simple country boy" image?

MikeO
10-15-2006, 11:03 AM
And Hughes doesn't hide behind his "I'm just a simple country boy" image?

no actually he doesn't!

Muck
10-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Thanks for the DL.

The champion was totally outclassed. Silva literally took him apart.

I didn't matter what kind of shape he was in. Franklin had no answer for that clinch. It was almost as if he'd never seen it before. Silva found a gaping hole in Franklin's game and exploited it.

The way he had Franklin in that clinch, pulling him in, he looked just like a Spider!!

Muck
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
To add more to the "outclassed" angle....

Usually when a guy gets beaten badly, you're focusing on one part of the body that's beaten up, be it a KO punch or a submission move, etc.

It's not so common to see what Silva did, obliterating an opponent's body to the point where the guy was almost out on his feet. It was bright pink. Franklin was left wrapping his hands around his midsection, giving up on protecting his head while his opponent still had his hands wrapped around the back of it.

And when the fight was over, we were left staring at a horribly broken nose. It was a full body deconstruction.

Even more impressive, it was all done so quickly!!

Scatman
10-15-2006, 04:16 PM
at that weight class no one in ufc can take silva out..... honestly... i think it would be a great fight between him and chuck.

some hwere someone said something about hughes fighting silva.... well it wouldnt even last a round. hughes has a lot of wholes in his stand-up and the way silva moves around the ring ..hughes would have a very tough time shooting in on him. he beat penn last fight cause his ribs broke....other than that i think penn would have taken him

silva is a world class striker.... the way he moves and exploites weaknesses...only the top of the game do that. lidell is amazing but i think matched up..hes more one dimensional then silva. it would be an amazing fight though.

bullseyeguy
10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
I knew as soon as the UFC signed Silva, he would be the next MW champ...Franklin looked scared when he was coming down to the ring, and Silva as calm as I have seen a contender in a while...On a side note, I think its awesome to see Sylvia wearing the belt everywhere he goes...

In the future maybe you could avoid putting the resluts of the fights in the title of the thread though, I hadnt been able to see it yet when I came here and saw this for the first time....

MikeO
10-16-2006, 11:34 PM
In the future maybe you could avoid putting the resluts of the fights in the title of the thread though, I hadnt been able to see it yet when I came here and saw this for the first time....

sorry!