PDA

View Full Version : Principal quits after shooting kittens at school

BAMAPHIN 22
10-15-2006, 12:06 PM
A school principal has resigned and could face felony firearm charges after he shot and killed two orphaned kittens on school property last month.

Wade Pilloud, who resigned as principal of the K-12 Indus school, 40 miles west of International Falls, said he shot the kittens to spare them from starving to death after their mother was killed in an animal trap.

Pilloud said the shooting, which occurred on school grounds, endangered no one.

"I have bred cats, and I currently own two myself," he wrote Friday in an e-mail to the Minneapolis Star Tribune. "I am not a cat hater. I did not want the animals to suffer."

The incident happened Sept. 21, and several students still on the grounds for after-school activities heard the shots.

"There were parents who felt, apparently some rather strongly, that there were concerns about the safety of their children," said Joseph Flynn, an attorney for the South Koochiching/Rainy River School District. "The district's position is that safety was not compromised."

John Mastin, acting sheriff in Koochiching County, said Pilloud could be charged with felony possession of a firearm on school property and reckless discharge of a firearm, a misdemeanor.

County Attorney Jennifer Hasbargen said Friday that the case was under review.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15266666/

HolliFinFan
10-15-2006, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=BAMAPHIN 22]"I am not a cat hater. I did not want the animals to suffer."

Sodium pentobarbital or death by bullet??? This guy is a principal and cat lover, and he's not educated on humane euthanasia for animals? Not to mention firing a gun on campus. Unbelievable. Hope they strip his retirement as well.

Majpain
10-15-2006, 12:39 PM
What a quick trip to a animal shelter was to much work? The nerve of people...

LouPhinFan
10-15-2006, 01:48 PM

Exactly. That's what the Humane Society is there for...

tory
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
Exactly. That's what the Humane Society is there for...

speaking of the humane society, someone threatened to call them on my company last week because some water leaked into his apartment building (not his apartment) and he had to go to the hospital... i know it's completely unrelated, but the mention of the humane society reminded me of this idiot, and reading this story of the principal whom also is an idiot made me feel mentioning it.

Blade
10-16-2006, 11:11 AM

That would have made more sense....

Mike13
10-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Hasn't this guy heard of an animal shelter?

PhinzN703
10-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Is adoption no longer an option these days? :mad: