PDA

View Full Version : RUTGERS: I'm like a proud dad!

54Fins
10-15-2006, 12:09 PM
Not much more to say.I'm excited where this group of players are going.Give alot of the credit to Shiano.He has them believing that they can win.Of course the tough part of the schedule is coming up,but i'm really starting to believe also.Let's hear it for the 1st college football team. LETS GO R-U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeathStar
10-15-2006, 12:10 PM
its time to bring greg schiano back to the u.

54Fins
10-15-2006, 12:12 PM
its time to bring greg schiano back to the u.:sidelol: NO!:D

MikeO
10-15-2006, 12:55 PM
God bless them for being 6-0 but who have they beat?

Howard, UNC, Illinois, Navy, South Florida, and Ohio.

Pitt, WV, L'ville. Win at least 1. Don't get killed in any......then maybe I will believe they are for real. IF this team ends up like 7-5 or 8-4 after a 6-0 start, then its a dissapointing season.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-15-2006, 06:04 PM

Pitt, WV, L'ville. Win at least 1. Don't get killed in any......then maybe I will believe they are for real. IF this team ends up like 7-5 or 8-4 after a 6-0 start, then its a dissapointing season.
:eek:

54Fins
10-15-2006, 08:50 PM

Pitt, WV, L'ville. Win at least 1. Don't get killed in any......then maybe I will believe they are for real. IF this team ends up like 7-5 or 8-4 after a 6-0 start, then its a dissapointing season.I read your posts about them before.Fine,if you don't like them:boohoo: No need to tell me who they beat.The tough part is coming,and i'll STILL be routing for them!:D

nick1
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
the Rutgers will beat Pitt than what will you guys say

MikeO
10-15-2006, 10:21 PM
the Rutgers will beat Pitt than what will you guys say

I will say they beat Pittsburgh and they beat a pretty good team....:confused2 :confused2 :confused2 What am I supposed to say? :confused:

nick1
10-15-2006, 10:27 PM
I will say they beat Pittsburgh and they beat a pretty good team....:confused2 :confused2 :confused2 What am I supposed to say? :confused:
exactly that

FLOUNDER
10-16-2006, 06:47 PM
I think them playing WVU should be a good game. they have a good back. But i dont know if its enough to match our speed on offense

How bout Sophomore QB pat white? 15 rushes 240 something yards and 4 touchdowns. Can anybody say QB spy?..lol

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 03:49 AM
its time to bring greg schiano back to the u.:yes: :yes: :yes:

primetime23
10-17-2006, 05:04 AM
I think them playing WVU should be a good game. they have a good back. But i dont know if its enough to match our speed on offense

How bout Sophomore QB pat white? 15 rushes 240 something yards and 4 touchdowns. Can anybody say QB spy?..lol

pat white might get in big trouble if he has to pass the ball since he hasnt shown much of it so far.

nyjunc
10-17-2006, 07:29 AM
Not much more to say.I'm excited where this group of players are going.Give alot of the credit to Shiano.He has them believing that they can win.Of course the tough part of the schedule is coming up,but i'm really starting to believe also.Let's hear it for the 1st college football team. LETS GO R-U !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are playing very well but it helps when you play Navy, UNC, Illionois and the other dregs they have played. I'd like to see Rutgers actually face a decent team to see if they are for real.

NJFINSFAN1
10-17-2006, 07:55 AM
Go Rutgers!

Sat will tell all!

FLOUNDER
10-17-2006, 08:50 AM
pat white might get in big trouble if he has to pass the ball since he hasnt shown much of it so far

With a rushing attack like WVU has, why pass the ball. Dont forget that Pat White was in the MLB draft. You know he has the arm power

And if you remember in the sugar bowl on his 2nd TD pass he had to thread a needle to get it to reynaud between 2 bulldawg defenders

I dont think we'd have a probplem in the passing game with Bolden who is 6'5. Reynaud and Myles have certainly shown they can catch

Bumpus
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
With a rushing attack like WVU has, why pass the ball. Dont forget that Pat White was in the MLB draft. You know he has the arm power

And if you remember in the sugar bowl on his 2nd TD pass he had to thread a needle to get it to reynaud between 2 bulldawg defenders

I dont think we'd have a probplem in the passing game with Bolden who is 6'5. Reynaud and Myles have certainly shown they can catch
Exactly, we can throw the ball, but when you run as effectively as we do ... WHY???

- There are three things that can happen when you throw the football, and two of them are bad.
V. Lombardi

Roman529
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Best of luck to Rutgers but they better not take Pitt and Tyler Palko lightly. Wanny has them playing good football.

nick1
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
West Virginia isn't a good team, they will lose at least 2 games. same with Louisville, Pitt or Rutgers will win the Big East IMO

Bumpus
10-17-2006, 04:04 PM
West Virginia isn't a good team, they will lose at least 2 games. same with Louisville, Pitt or Rutgers will win the Big East IMO
:lolcry:

54Fins
10-18-2006, 06:41 PM
They are playing very well but it helps when you play Navy, UNC, Illionois and the other dregs they have played. I'd like to see Rutgers actually face a decent team to see if they are for real.I"m not the one to make the schedules.I have nothing to do with BCS.I have nothing to do with rankings either.So i guess there are some people impressed with the way there playing.16 in the BSC rankings IS JUST THAT.That impresses me!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 07:34 PM
so pittsburgh and rutgers are better than west virginia and louisville? explain. please do.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 07:40 PM
Exactly, we can throw the ball, but when you run as effectively as we do ... WHY???

- There are three things that can happen when you throw the football, and two of them are bad.
V. Lombardi

I'm not convinced you can throw the ball though, atleast not when it counts.

FLOUNDER
10-18-2006, 10:11 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

ZolarZ_GoPhins
10-19-2006, 05:03 AM

Ohio St. isn't a good team and the same with Michigan. I think they will lose at least 2 games and Purdue or Wisconsin will win the Big10.

Ohhh wait nevermind.......

:shakeno: You know how crazy it sounds when you just spout out nonsence.....
Maybe in the future you could back up such statements with some type of intelligent discussion on why you feel that way.

WVU is a good team. Will they go undefeated and play in a NC game? I hope so, but there are still alot of games to be played and anything can happen. Don't just hate on WVU cause whatever team you root for isn't doing well. They finished top 5 last year and returned basically the same team this year. Anyone that has even a little bit of football knowledge knows that WVU is a good team.

Anyways this thread is about Rutgers and I am glad to see them do well for a change. Would be nice to finish up the Regular Season Schedule playing against a Solid team. Depending on how both teams do in the coming weeks that final game could decide the BigEast Champ.

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Why are we even talking about WVU????

As coach says, one game at a time, I'm only worried about Pitt right now.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 09:34 AM
I miss putting a whoopin' on Rutgers :evil:

They are getting better every year, they came along ways in football..im happy for that program

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I miss putting a whoopin' on Rutgers :evil:

They are getting better every year, they came along ways in football..im happy for that program

If your talking Miami, they would get a whoopin this year! They can't get out of there own way! FIU bullied them.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 02:36 PM
If your talking Miami, they would get a whoopin this year! They can't get out of there own way! FIU bullied them.bring on Rugters anyday of the week :wink:

FIU bullied Miami? did you watch the game?

35-0 Miami and FIU bullied them? :sidelol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
bring on Rugters anyday of the week :wink:

FIU bullied Miami? did you watch the game?

35-0 Miami and FIU bullied them? :sidelol:

They smacked them upside the head and Miami went criminal again, like they always do.

Thats why they want Rutgers coach!:wink:

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 03:18 PM
They smacked them upside the head and Miami went criminal again, like they always do.

Thats why they want Rutgers coach!:wink:FIU started, miami finished it

like Miami smacked Rutgers back in the day :sidelol:

dont worry..your Coach is always a cane..he'll be coaching at miami again :D

Eop05
10-19-2006, 04:12 PM
FIU started, miami finished it

Just like you said BACK IN THE DAY.

Today is a different day. Rutgers is good and Miami is the joke of college football right now. Miami's glory days are long gone. I'd love to see them return to half of what they were 6 or 7 years ago.

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
FIU started, miami finished it

Do your homework and check where he is from!:wink:

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 08:23 PM
Do your homework and check where he is from!:wink:If he never coached at Miami..Rugters wouldnt have a "good" football team right now..when he came in office, half of that roster was kids from florida..thats a fact

like I said..he will be at the University of Miami again :wink:

shout out to my boy Tim Brown at Rutgers..WR #2, good kid from Miami :D

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Just like you said BACK IN THE DAY.

Today is a different day. Rutgers is good and Miami is the joke of college football right now. Miami's glory days are long gone. I'd love to see them return to half of what they were 6 or 7 years ago.answer this..did Rutgers ever won against Miami?

Miami is a joke of college football?

5 National Championships and were a joke of college football? :sidelol:

we are the yankees of college football..you either love us or hate us..we owned Rutgers and until they schedule miami again, we'll see whos the better team right now...until then, Miami has your number

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 08:33 PM
answer this..did Rutgers ever won against Miami?

Miami is a joke of college football?

5 National Championships and were a joke of college football? :sidelol:

we are the yankees of college football..you either love us or hate us..we owned Rutgers and until they schedule miami again, we'll see whos the better team right now...until then, Miami has your number

You are no where near the Yankees of college football. I think ND is a lot closer to that in that we have the history/tradition like the yankees, are on tv across the nation so everyone see us, and everyone I've run across has something positive/negative to say about ND. I havent come across that with the U.

But I agree it's dumb to say Miami is a joke.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 08:39 PM
You are no where near the Yankees of college football. I think ND is a lot closer to that in that we have the history/tradition like the yankees, are on tv across the nation so everyone see us, and everyone I've run across has something positive/negative to say about ND. I havent come across that with the U.

But I agree it's dumb to say Miami is a joke.Im not saying we are actually the yankees but we are a hated team in the nation..thats why I bring it up

ND is liked and hated, great tradition and one of the best schools in college football history...no doubt about it

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Im not saying we are actually the yankees but we are a hated team in the nation..thats why I bring it up

ND is liked and hated, great tradition and one of the best schools in college football history...no doubt about it

Yeah,no doubt you're pretty hated, especially right now :lol:

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Yeah,no doubt you're pretty hated, especially right now :lol:Exactly :lol:

MikeO
10-20-2006, 01:38 AM
Miami is hated for the wrong reasons though.

The Yankees are hated because they win!! Miami is hated because they are thugs who act like clowns!!!

ND is closer to the Yanks in comparison.

And that Rutgers coach will end up at Miami (if Butch turns the job down).

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-20-2006, 10:33 AM
miami was a joke to everyone BEFORE the brawl, now it's even more evident.

Coral Reefer
10-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Miami is hated for the wrong reasons though.

The Yankees are hated because they win!!

The Yankees are hated because they buy their championships. How can anyone take the accomplishments of a team that has double, triple even 4 times the payroll of other teams every year?

Having said that, it's baseball itself that is the real joke.

Coral Reefer
10-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I can't believe the FIU UM brawl even ended up in the Rutgers thread. Unreal....

MikeO
10-20-2006, 11:55 AM
The Yankees are hated because they buy their championships. How can anyone take the accomplishments of a team that has double, triple even 4 times the payroll of other teams every year?

Having said that, it's baseball itself that is the real joke.

I won't take this totally off topic, but all I will say is EVERY team in MLB buys championships. It isn't like Ortiz, Schilling, and Manny came up through the Red Sox farm system, or the 1997 Marlins were a bought and paid for all star team. Or the 2001 Arizona (Randy, Grace, Schilling) and 2002 LAA (Vlad)....etc. Every team buys the big name guys in that sport.

Ok, now wrong thread.....back to Rutgers! Pitt I think beats them this week. IF Rutgers wins though........they will jump bigtime in the polls.

nyjunc
10-20-2006, 01:55 PM
I won't take this totally off topic, but all I will say is EVERY team in MLB buys championships. It isn't like Ortiz, Schilling, and Manny came up through the Red Sox farm system, or the 1997 Marlins were a bought and paid for all star team. Or the 2001 Arizona (Randy, Grace, Schilling) and 2002 LAA (Vlad)....etc. Every team buys the big name guys in that sport.

Ok, now wrong thread.....back to Rutgers! Pitt I think beats them this week. IF Rutgers wins though........they will jump bigtime in the polls.

vlad wasn't on Anaheim in '02. Boston had 1 homegrown regular on their team during the fluke of '04, Ari had to buy it b/c they won it so quick after they were born- same deal for the Marlins.

54Fins
10-20-2006, 06:52 PM
I can't believe the FIU UM brawl even ended up in the Rutgers thread. Unreal....Thanks for seeing that.I thought the thread changed in the middle somewhere.BTW Rutgers would beat on Miami this year if they played.There is no use in bringing up the past.Go R-U Beat Pitt.

54Fins
10-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Now,back to our program.:wink:

305TillIDie
10-20-2006, 07:11 PM
miami was a joke to everyone BEFORE the brawl, now it's even more evident.If miami is such a joke, how many championships does Florida have?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-20-2006, 08:08 PM
If miami is such a joke, how many championships does Florida have? 10,000.

DonShula84
10-20-2006, 08:16 PM

Damn, you guys are really good :eek:

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-20-2006, 08:26 PM
Damn, you guys are really good :eek:
:yes:

305TillIDie
10-20-2006, 10:10 PM
10,000.:D

nyjunc
10-21-2006, 07:41 AM
Thanks for seeing that.I thought the thread changed in the middle somewhere.BTW Rutgers would beat on Miami this year if they played.There is no use in bringing up the past.Go R-U Beat Pitt.

The only common team the two have played has been North Carolina and Rutgers struggled w/ UNC(if not for a blown overturned TD who knows who wins) while Miami blew them out. Miami has been dreadful this year and Rutgers has gone undefeated against a creampuff sched but just b/c UM has 2 losses and Rutgers is unbeaten doesn't mean Rutgers would beat Miami.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:31 AM
The only common team the two have played has been North Carolina and Rutgers struggled w/ UNC(if not for a blown overturned TD who knows who wins) while Miami blew them out. Miami has been dreadful this year and Rutgers has gone undefeated against a creampuff sched but just b/c UM has 2 losses and Rutgers is unbeaten doesn't mean Rutgers would beat Miami.

Dosen't mean they wouldn't either!:wink:

54Fins
10-21-2006, 04:57 PM
LETS GO R-U LETS GO R-U LETS GO R-U. RUTGERS 102-6 :tongue:

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Okay, I'm waiting for the Rutgers is for real talk!

MikeO
10-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Big East has 3 unbeaten teams heading into the final weekend of October.

54Fins
10-21-2006, 09:11 PM
Well,lets talk. Where are the naysayers who doubted?:confused: How about the creampuff schedule? IMO they did a GREAT job. All i got was a bunch of $hit in this thread(and a whole bunch of off topic stuff) I'm getting ready to drive to the Fins game tomorrow.BUT THIS IS RUTGERS WIN TONIGHT! 20-10 :D :D :D Now,can i get some respect?

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Big East has 3 unbeaten teams heading into the final weekend of October.

And Louie looked shaky this week, but I still think they are the team to beat.

MikeO
10-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Well,lets talk. Where are the naysayers who doubted?:confused: How about the creampuff schedule? IMO they did a GREAT job. All i got was a bunch of $hit in this thread(and a whole bunch of off topic stuff) I'm getting ready to drive to the Fins game tomorrow.BUT THIS IS RUTGERS WIN TONIGHT! 20-10 :D :D :D Now,can i get some respect?

Well up until tonight it was a creampuff schedule, let's not ignore certain facts. They played a IAA school for christ sakes. But it doesn't take away they are 7-0 and control their own destiny to win a BCS birth. They are for real though. They get respect.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
One thing I need to say is Coach has done an awesome job with that defense, they are undersized and still dominate the line of scrimmage.

MikeO
10-21-2006, 09:13 PM
And Louie looked shaky this week, but I still think they are the team to beat.
L'ville looks shakey EVERY week but they find a way to win

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:14 PM
And Rice is a awesome back, but man is that Leonard a stud, you see those blocks today!!!

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 09:17 PM
good recruiting news for Rutgers. 4 star LB, Manny Abreu (ranked 4th best SLB in the country) chose Rutgers over Florida and Michigan.

Abreu is a guy who would've had a shot to start at LB as a Freshman for either Michigan or Florida (especially since Brandon Graham is becoming a DE

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 09:19 PM
And Rice is a awesome back, but man is that Leonard a stud, you see those blocks today!!!

Leonard is also a great runner for a FB. Had it not been for Rice, he'd be in the Heisman race.

Also, let me tell you how highly the NFL scouts think about him. Bill Cowher and the Pitt scouts were trying to convince him to come out last year, and were promising him to pick him in the first round

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:19 PM
good recruiting news for Rutgers. 4 star LB, Manny Abreu (ranked 4th best SLB in the country) chose Rutgers over Florida and Michigan.

Abreu is a guy who would've had a shot to start at LB as a Freshman for either Michigan or Florida (especially since Brandon Graham is becoming a DE

Yep, saw that in the paper two days ago.

Rutgers just may have turned the corner for a while.

It started with Coach S, but then Teel saying yes.

54Fins
10-21-2006, 09:20 PM
Well up until tonight it was a creampuff schedule, let's not ignore certain facts. They played a IAA school for christ sakes. But it doesn't take away they are 7-0 and control their own destiny to win a BCS birth. They are for real though. They get respect. The BCS and the other polls feel they are for real,right? I have a feeling when they stumble,you will be there to bash them.:wink:

MikeO
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
depends how they stumble. If you lose to L'ville or WV, no who can bash them.

Lose to Cincy or Syracuse........yeah, expect to be bashed!

54Fins
10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
And Rice is a awesome back, but man is that Leonard a stud, you see those blocks today!!!:cooldude: nuff' said.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:22 PM
Looking at the schedule, they should handle Ucon (Ranked 106 against the run), and then the first big game is Thursday the following week against Loiue!!!

54Fins
10-21-2006, 09:23 PM

Abreu is a guy who would've had a shot to start at LB as a Freshman for either Michigan or Florida (especially since Brandon Graham is becoming a DEWOOT! things are changing in Jersey.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:23 PM
depends how they stumble. If you lose to L'ville or WV, no who can bash them.

Lose to Cincy or Syracuse........yeah, expect to be bashed!

Worse they should be is 10-2, which is huge for this program.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Good night guys, time to kiss up to wifey so I can sit in front of the TV tomorrow and watch the fins!!!

NJFINSFAN1
10-22-2006, 08:44 PM
#14 in the BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

54Fins
10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
#14 in the BCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Gotta love it!

robfila
10-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Go Rutger's.. whats up john. man did i get sunburned at that game

54Fins
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
Go Rutger's.. whats up john. man did i get sunburned at that gameAs long as you had a good time.:D Uconn at Rutgers 8:00 Sunday night on ESPN.Looks like their getting a little Prime-Time action.After the W.V- Louie. game they will be talking it up about R.U.:cooldude:

NJFINSFAN1
10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
Time to rest up for the big battle!!! I hope Louie and WV beat the heck out of each other Thur!!!!

nick1
10-30-2006, 03:49 PM
I told you guys the Rutgers would win the Big East, you all laughed. after they beat Louisville you can no longer laugh