10-15-2006, 06:18 PM
I think OSU/Michigan vs. Auburn in the championship game

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 06:19 PM

No faith in your boys! :wink:

Amars
10-15-2006, 06:34 PM
have you seen them play lately. They look bad. I just dont want them to get embarressed in the national game. As of right now they dont look good.

DonShula84
10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
have you seen them play lately. They look bad. I just dont want them to get embarressed in the national game. As of right now they dont look good.

They definitely look like crap. I'm worried they will be hitting their stride right when ND comes to town though.

Motion
10-15-2006, 08:33 PM

I'm dying for a Florida/Auburn rematch in the SEC Championship game.

Majpain
10-15-2006, 08:34 PM
USC still at 2? Wow what a joke.

AirFishOne
10-15-2006, 09:46 PM
Please God please let Oklahoma win out the rest of the year and make Texas slip up so we can play in the Big 12 CCG and a possible BCS birth....AD deserves this than any other player

TexPhinPhan
10-16-2006, 12:53 AM
UT got bent over pretty good by the computer rankings. # 9. OUCH

Vol&dolfan
10-16-2006, 01:36 AM
UT got bent over pretty good by the computer rankings. # 9. OUCH
Texas isn't the only UT that got screwed. Tennessee destroyed Cal but yet they are rank behind Cal.

DonShula84
10-16-2006, 02:15 AM
Texas isn't the only UT that got screwed. Tennessee destroyed Cal but yet they are rank behind Cal.

I didn't catch that the first time I looked over the polls. All the other polls have you ahead of Cal, it has to be a strength of schedule thing? I think Georgia tanking is going to hurt some SEC teams in that regard. But I'm not really sure what other criteria go into the BCS ranking

Vol&dolfan
10-16-2006, 03:00 AM
I didn't catch that the first time I looked over the polls. All the other polls have you ahead of Cal, it has to be a strength of schedule thing? I think Georgia tanking is going to hurt some SEC teams in that regard. But I'm not really sure what other criteria go into the BCS ranking

Maybe it's becuase TN had thier bye week and they are 5-1 while cal played this week and they are 6-1 could that be it?

primetime23
10-16-2006, 03:53 AM
Maybe it's becuase TN had thier bye week and they are 5-1 while cal played this week and they are 6-1 could that be it?

IMO i think there ahead of tenn because cal smoked everyteam they beat so far except tenn. While tenn had trouble with afew teams such as AF I still think tenn should be ahead. afterall they did beat cal but hey thats the bsc rankings, not sure how it works but the computer does the rankings with style pionts and all from what i heared.

primetime23
10-16-2006, 03:55 AM
how is tusla in there, i know there good but good enough to crack the top 25?

DonShula84
10-16-2006, 05:52 AM

Not sure, ND had a bye also so I'd think that wasnt an issue but perhaps it is.

DonShula84
10-16-2006, 05:53 AM
how is tusla in there, i know there good but good enough to crack the top 25?

No idea, and they did it with out being ranked in any of the other polls :confused:

Motion
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM

Harris Poll is a big part. And there's also 6 voters that effect the BCS polls. I was just reading about it the other day cause they we're talking about OSU only being 1st in 3 of the 6. I'll try to find the article.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I want Boise State to win out!!

Oboy
10-16-2006, 12:19 PM
That right there should just discredit the stupid BCS. How do you have Cal ahead of Tennessee when UT DESTROYED cal (and both still have the same number of losses)???????

Even Ivan Maisel noticed this. (http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2627938&name=maisel_ivan)

• California is ahead of Tennessee. Now I think the Golden Bears are quite good. I wouldn't blink if you told me you believe that Cal is the best team in the Pac-10. But you can't put them ahead of Tennessee if they have the same number of losses.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 12:21 PM
it's because cal has more wins. it'll get straightened out in the end.

FLOUNDER
10-16-2006, 06:45 PM
In that national championship i believe it will be Michigan, because i see ohio state losing to them, and either auburn or WVU. USC will lose in the next few weeks. I have a feeling.

Motion
10-16-2006, 08:17 PM
WAY to early to be predicting the BCS Championship. Still alot of football to be played.

tucker
10-16-2006, 09:21 PM
how is WVU #5? shouldnt they be #3?

DBoston80
10-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Whoever wins between Louisville and WV..sadly may face OSU in the national title game...even though I would hope a one loss team could jump them because that wouldnt be a very good game..

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 02:15 AM

5 is the highest they should be in any poll, even then I wouldnt be upset if they were lower. In the BCS no way should they be above OSU/Michigan or USC so 4 at the absolute highest.

primetime23
10-17-2006, 03:32 AM
theres no way ohio st is losing to michigan, no-way.

Motion
10-17-2006, 08:17 AM

Whoever wins between Louisville and WV..sadly may face OSU in the national title game...even though I would hope a one loss team could jump them because that wouldnt be a very good game..

The BCS has several factors including Strength of Schedule, hence the reason WVU is not ranked high and has an outside chance at the NC.

FLOUNDER
10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Who has USC played??????? nobody, and they've almost lost 2 of those games i believe. Yet we still play "nobody" and blow them out

USC is all hype, thats about it...

Motion
10-17-2006, 08:57 AM
Who has USC played??????? nobody, and they've almost lost 2 of those games i believe. Yet we still play "nobody" and blow them out

I agree, but I also see USC losing at least once in that Oregon-Cal-Notre Dame stretch.

OSUDauby
10-17-2006, 09:06 AM

Wow, this is a funny quote coming from a WVU fan.:lol:
WVU is a little higher than where they should be. I think they should be around 8th overall. There is not way that WVU could beat Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Florida, USC, and maybe Texas.

WVU's undefeated record is a result of their weak, pathetic schedule. Their low ranking in the BCS is a result of their weak, pathetic schedule.

And Louisville is not that good ether, so a win over that team will not be enough.

Face it, the Big East (aka - The Big EASY) is just too weak.

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 09:06 AM
because i see ohio state losing to them,

For any particular reason, or is this just a vision you've had.....cuz i don't see Michigan having the talent to match up with Ohio State on either side of the ball.....

Stitches
10-17-2006, 09:25 AM
For any particular reason, or is this just a vision you've had.....cuz i don't see Michigan having the talent to match up with Ohio State on either side of the ball.....

Vanderbilt had no reason beating Georgia last week, and Colorado lost to a D-II school earlier in the year. Talent isn't everything. Sometimes games just happen to wind up going one teams way, and it's too much to overcome. You're basically saying the game shouldn't even be played because (in your opinion) Ohio State is better on paper. Just because Ohio State is ranked number 1, doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Vanderbilt had no reason beating Georgia last week, and Colorado lost to a D-II school earlier in the year. Talent isn't everything. Sometimes games just happen to wind up going one teams way, and it's too much to overcome. You're basically saying the game shouldn't even be played because (in your opinion) Ohio State is better on paper. Just because Ohio State is ranked number 1, doesn't mean they are unbeatable.

"Sometimes" fluke losses won't happen to Ohio State this season... they are too well coached and they execute flawlessly.....

Georgia losing to Vandy happens.... they don't do anything particularly well, they have an unsettled QB situation that turns the ball over more than they score.

Colorado also doesn't do anything particularly well, and they also have a crappy QB situation that turns the ball over more than they score......

Ohio State isn't just better on paper, they are better on the field. I know, I know, any given saturday...blah, blah, blah..... Obviously Michigan can win, they are a very talented team..... but Ohio States best quality all season is consistancy...they haven't been close to losing all year, playing in some pretty adverse conditions......

the game is at The Shoe, Troy Smith is the best player in college football and the unquestioned leader of the best team in the land.... he's not gonna lose his final home game and tarnish his legacy as the best QB to ever wear the Scarlet and Gray.......

Thats why Michigan doesn't stand a chance.

P.S. Lloyd Carr is Jim Tressel's personal property to do with as he pleases. That is a fact.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 10:14 AM
"Sometimes" fluke losses won't happen to Ohio State this season... they are too well coached and they execute flawlessly.....

Georgia losing to Vandy happens.... they don't do anything particularly well, they have an unsettled QB situation that turns the ball over more than they score.

Colorado also doesn't do anything particularly well, and they also have a crappy QB situation that turns the ball over more than they score......

Ohio State isn't just better on paper, they are better on the field. I know, I know, any given saturday...blah, blah, blah..... Obviously Michigan can win, they are a very talented team..... but Ohio States best quality all season is consistancy...they haven't been close to losing all year, playing in some pretty adverse conditions......

the game is at The Shoe, Troy Smith is the best player in college football and the unquestioned leader of the best team in the land.... he's not gonna lose his final home game and tarnish his legacy as the best QB to ever wear the Scarlet and Gray.......

Thats why Michigan doesn't stand a chance.

P.S. Lloyd Carr is Jim Tressel's personal property to do with as he pleases. That is a fact.

Adrian Peterson was the best player in college football before he got hurt, and I would put Calvin Johnson ahead of Smith too. Smith just happens to be a good QB who is on the number 1 team.

Ohio State's offense didn't look that good against Penn State, and Michigan's front 7 is much better than Penn State's.

P.S. Slavery is no longer legal in the United States. That is a fact.

Motion
10-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Adrian Peterson was the best player in college football before he got hurt, and I would put Calvin Johnson ahead of Smith too. Smith just happens to be a good QB who is on the number 1 team.

Ohio State's offense didn't look that good against Penn State, and Michigan's front 7 is much better than Penn State's.

:yeahthat:

Bumpus
10-17-2006, 10:29 AM
Wow, this is a funny quote coming from a WVU fan.:lol:
WVU is a little higher than where they should be. I think they should be around 8th overall. There is not way that WVU could beat Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Florida, USC, and maybe Texas.

WVU's undefeated record is a result of their weak, pathetic schedule. Their low ranking in the BCS is a result of their weak, pathetic schedule.

And Louisville is not that good ether, so a win over that team will not be enough.

Face it, the Big East (aka - The Big EASY) is just too weak.
Uh huh ... we'll just see about that. There was also no way we were going to compete with Georgia in last year's Sugar Bowl (in Atlanta, I might add)

... praying for a shot at OSU.

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 10:31 AM

The Penn State game was in bad weather on a horrible field that was ripped up and replaced the day after.... the offense couldn't function they way they normally do.

Adrian Peterson was good, but Oklahoma still lost with him... Ohio State wins with Troy Smith...... Troy Smith was gonna win the Heisman reagrdless of Petersons injury.

I don't know what you're talking about... I just know that lloyd Carr belongs to Jim Tressel, I've seen the paperwork....

Stitches
10-17-2006, 11:08 AM
The Penn State game was in bad weather on a horrible field that was ripped up and replaced the day after.... the offense couldn't function they way they normally do.

Adrian Peterson was good, but Oklahoma still lost with him... Ohio State wins with Troy Smith...... Troy Smith was gonna win the Heisman reagrdless of Petersons injury.

I don't know what you're talking about... I just know that lloyd Carr belongs to Jim Tressel, I've seen the paperwork....

In regards to Carr and Tressel, you should show me the paperwork then, because if that's the case Tressel should be in jail.

And just because a team loses doesn't mean a specific player isn't good. Jay Cutler is a better QB then Luke Getsy, but Getsy led his team to a bowl game last year, while Cutler didn't. That doesn't mean squat in regards to how good an individual player is. The heisman in years past has been going to the player who has been the QB for the #1 team in the country. It has gone to the wrong player 4 of the past 5 years I think. Just because Peterson might not have one the Heisman doesn't mean he didn't deserve it more or wasn't the best player.

Blade
10-17-2006, 11:26 AM
In regards to Carr and Tressel, you should show me the paperwork then, because if that's the case Tressel should be in jail.

LOL, you guys are arguing about salavry.

Anyway they are too many things in OSU favor for them to lose the game. Home field advantage, Smith never losing to Michigan (even beatin Michigan at the Big house or whatever they call it), the number one defense, Gonzo and Ginn and Pittman, Mario Manningam comin off of minor knee surgry (i know it is minor knee surgry but what affects will it have... the list goes on.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM
All the more reason for a big upset Blade.

Motion
10-17-2006, 11:46 AM
No upset please.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 11:59 AM
No upset please.

Why wouldn't you like them to get upset?

Motion
10-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Why wouldn't you like them to get upset?

Hurts my team's outside chance at a title shot.

Blade
10-17-2006, 12:16 PM

True, but i just dont see it happenin...

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 01:59 PM

Upsets happen when teams that should win make mistakes, loose focus, and don't execute.... we don't make mistakes, we execute our gameplans perfectly, and this is the most focused, least distracted team I've seen......

Motion
10-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Upsets happen when teams that should win make mistakes, loose focus, and don't execute.... we don't make mistakes, we execute our gameplans perfectly, and this is the most focused, least distracted team I've seen......

Seriously, every team makes mistakes. I've seen OSU play average with my own eyes this season at times. No team is perfect. Try to be a little realistic.

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 02:11 PM
Seriously, every team makes mistakes. I've seen OSU play average with my own eyes this season at times. No team is perfect. Try to be a little realistic.

When?

We've only been behind for 18 minutes all season and never by more then 4 pts.

Our gameplan dictating the PSU game, that and some bad passes in raining windy weather.... Troy Smith had his only 2 INT's of the season that day.

We don't turn the ball over, our D gives up the fewest points in the land, our O can score at will.....

Perfect team. The only possible question mark is our FG kicker...and he hasn't had to make a clutch kick all year cause we kick so much ***.

Blade
10-17-2006, 02:14 PM
They gave me a scare durin the Penn State game when we couldn't move the ball because of the rain. No team is perfect, but the Buckeyes are playin pretty close to perfect ball.

Motion
10-17-2006, 02:15 PM
When?

Northern Illinois, Cincinnati, and Penn State to name a few. I'm by no means saying they don't deserve the #1 spot they hold. Just saying they are not the juggernaut some make them out to be. They are human and beatable just like any other team out there.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Northern Illinois, Cincinnati, and Penn State to name a few. I'm by no means saying they don't deserve the #1 spot they hold. Just saying they are not the juggernaut some make them out to be. They are human and beatable just like any other team out there.

Thank you. That's all I'm trying to get at too.

Blade
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM

I agree completely with everythin you said. But OSU was never in any trouble of losing any of those games. We just didnt dominate the whole game like I thought we should have.

OSU is beatable, but it would take a perfect, mistake free game from the opponet to win.

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Northern Ill??? Up 28-0 after 15:55??? Wolfe ran well because hes sweet, but we were never in danger of losing that game.....ever...plus we played our 2nd team for alot of the 2nd half.

Cincy....we started off a little slow....a letdown from whooping Texas' *** probably..... and then proceeded to beat them 37-7

Penn State you have a point.... but having a minor, small, miniscule bump in the road for 2 quarters of a season is no big deal.......

Sorry....we ARE the Juggernaut we are made out to be.

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 02:54 PM
Trust me when i say that the ONLY way we lose before the Nat'l title game is if it is freaking raining cats and dogs at the shoe vs Michigan......

Bad weather is the only hope Michigan has.....

Whitner20
10-17-2006, 03:02 PM
Trust me when i say that the ONLY way we lose before the Nat'l title game is if it is freaking raining cats and dogs at the shoe vs Michigan......

Bad weather is the only hope Michigan has.....

Yup.

Mike13
10-17-2006, 03:18 PM
They are human and beatable just like any other team out there

Thats true, UM was supposed to soundly beat OSU in '01.

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Thats true, UM was supposed to soundly beat OSU in '01.

It was 02..but your right...no team even one as well rounded as Ohio State is invincable.

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 05:47 PM

USC will be challenged in several games so we will find out the truth about them in time. We dont really get that opportunity with WVU, other than 1 game. They can blow out UL and I still will be mad if they play for the national championship.

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 05:51 PM

That's a beautiful cop out. I'll have to remember that one

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 05:53 PM
What is it with OSU fans and being completely unable to check the homerness at the door? A perfect team? :sidelol:

DBoston80
10-17-2006, 06:10 PM
That's a beautiful cop out. I'll have to remember that one

Actually he's got a point...wet conditions can slow down any passing offense(see the Indy Colts)....plus its not a cop-out when you beat the team handidly anyway.

Dors156
10-17-2006, 06:44 PM
usc:shakeno:

AirFishOne
10-17-2006, 08:05 PM
the way i look at it at who the best player is, is this....plug the certain player in another team and see if he would be good.

Troy Smith at OU - good....not tOSU good
AD at tOSU - better than at OU

the way AD has been able to rack up good yardage and TD's with OU's less tahn mediocre run blocking line is very good...if he had tOSU's line he would be even more better

Motion
10-18-2006, 08:24 AM
our D gives up the fewest points in the land,
Check your facts

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=DEFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending

They weren't even in the top 5 til this week.

Blade
10-18-2006, 08:32 AM
We don't turn the ball over, our D gives up the fewest points in the land, our O can score at will.....

Before the Michigan State game, our D scored the most points. Not gave up the fewest points. I dont know if that is still true after the game since our D didnt score any points and i dont know what the other teams did.

Whitner20
10-18-2006, 09:46 AM
the way i look at it at who the best player is, is this....plug the certain player in another team and see if he would be good.

Troy Smith at OU - good....not tOSU good
AD at tOSU - better than at OU

the way AD has been able to rack up good yardage and TD's with OU's less tahn mediocre run blocking line is very good...if he had tOSU's line he would be even more better

Fantastic argument...... I'll buy it.

But, AP is done...so thats that.

54Fins
10-18-2006, 06:44 PM
1 Ohio State
2 USC
3 Michigan
4 Auburn
5 West Virginia
6 Florida
7 Louisville
8 Notre Dame
9 Texas
10 California
11 Tennessee
12 Clemson
13 Arkansas
14 Oregon
15 Boise State
16 Rutgers
17 Nebraska
18 LSU
19 Georgia Tech
20 Boston College
21 Wisconsin
22 Oklahoma
23 Iowa
24 Missouri
25 Tulsa

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/poll?poll=BCS16 is my favorite number.:wink:

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 07:41 PM
16 is my favorite number.:wink:

I'm a big fan of 8 :D Though 16 isnt bad either

AirFishOne
10-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Fantastic argument...... I'll buy it.

But, AP is done...so thats that.

it aint over yet....if everyone remebers correctly...AD said his only chances of comin back would be if he got injured...I know long shot but still better possibillity.

Also word is from AD's press conference is that he might be back for the Tech game or the OSU game so he sint done yet, knowing him he will be out there playing a week before he is cleared by doctors :D