PDA

View Full Version : ‘Grudge 2’ scares up crowds at box office

BAMAPHIN 22
10-15-2006, 09:39 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/fallmovie_guide_Grudge2hmedium-1.jpg (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/)

Early Halloween spirit gripped movie audiences as the fright flick “The Grudge 2” debuted at No. 1, taking in $22 million during its first weekend.

Sony’s horror sequel bumped the previous weekend’s top film, the Warner Bros. release “The Departed,” to second place. “The Departed,” a mob epic from Martin Scorsese, took in $18.7 million, lifting its 10-day total to $56.6 million, according to studio estimates Sunday.

Universal’s “Man of the Year,” with Robin Williams as a political comic who’s elected president, opened at No. 3 with $12.55 million.

Sarah Michelle Gellar, who starred in the 2004 hit “The Grudge,” returns for a cameo in the sequel, which features Amber Tamblyn as her sister, haunted by the same angry spirits introduced in the first movie.

“The Grudge 2” was not screened for critics beforehand, and those who did review it on opening day generally trashed the movie. Fright flicks tend to have a built-in audience of horror fans who show up opening weekend regardless of reviews.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15280417/

dominizzo
10-15-2006, 10:34 PM
I heard its great

TexasFish20
10-16-2006, 12:22 AM
I heard its great

Well to be honest I don't know who you talked to, but I saw this Friday night and was sorely disappointed. I loved the first one, but the sequel jumped around A LOT from like 3 different plotlines. It seemed like the movie studio did this just for the sake of it and it looked like it. Now I will say this, there were a few scary moments which were good but all in all they do not make this worth seeing in the theater. RENT IT!!!!!! The ending was very weird and didn't make much sense either. The first 5 minutes let you know what you're in for. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Mephistopheles
10-16-2006, 12:30 AM
I heard its great
I heard the opposite. I heard it's plain doo-doo.

TexasFish20
10-16-2006, 12:43 AM

:yeahthat:

Blade
10-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Well to be honest I don't know who you talked to, but I saw this Friday night and was sorely disappointed. I loved the first one, but the sequel jumped around A LOT from like 3 different plotlines. It seemed like the movie studio did this just for the sake of it and it looked like it. Now I will say this, there were a few scary moments which were good but all in all they do not make this worth seeing in the theater. RENT IT!!!!!! The ending was very weird and didn't make much sense either. The first 5 minutes let you know what you're in for. :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Thanks for the review. I was wonderin if this would be as good as the first one. But since i didnt see the first in theates, i probably wasnt goin to see this one either. Ill wait to rent it.

SpurzN703
10-16-2006, 01:25 PM

That's all hearsay. Just go see it for yourself!!

tucker
10-16-2006, 02:17 PM
I heard its greatsince you do have the wierdest taste in movies..you prolly would like it