PDA

View Full Version : my draft first 3 rounds at the moment

primetime23
10-16-2006, 04:07 AM
1,Gaines Adams(best player in the draft in my opinion, and I doudt he goes top 3 since hes a defensive player, I know mario went first but that doesnt happen much)
2, David irons (could be a shutdown corner in this league)
3, Tom Zibowski (the boxer lol hes a good safety and a good big db just what saban likes)

WelcomeBack
10-16-2006, 04:11 AM
I like the idea...and I know that defense is a huge need, but O-Line could be as well (despite them playing a bit better).

Gaines Adams would be a solid pick, but I would look at OL for round 2...and DB in round three if anything.

TakeIt2DaHouse
10-16-2006, 05:06 AM
well if you guys forgot we drafted duante culpepper with our 2nd rd pick this year so you can forget about that one

WelcomeBack
10-16-2006, 05:25 AM
well if you guys forgot we drafted duante culpepper with our 2nd rd pick this year so you can forget about that one

Daunte cost us our 2nd rounder LAST year.

SR 7
10-16-2006, 05:32 AM
1,Gaines Adams(best player in the draft in my opinion, and I doudt he goes top 3 since hes a defensive player, I know mario went first but that doesnt happen much)
3, Tom Zibowski (the boxer lol hes a good safety and a good big db just what saban likes)

looks GREAT TO ME but i'd love a LB especially ILB in this years draft.

Marino420TD
10-16-2006, 08:09 AM
If we don't go OL, we will continue to be screwed.

SQuinn17
10-16-2006, 08:19 AM
y would u go defense in the first 3 rounds when we have THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE???? we need playmakers on offense...calvin johnson or teddy ginn jr

Stitches
10-16-2006, 08:38 AM
y would u go defense in the first 3 rounds when we have THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE???? we need playmakers on offense...calvin johnson or teddy ginn jr

No to Tedd Ginn(we will not draft him), and Zbikowski looks like a first rounder. He certainly wouldn't last until the 3rd round. Quit dreaming.

Whitner20
10-16-2006, 08:55 AM
Are you guys trying to suck next year too? Zbikowski sucks...... he;s absolutley horrible.....

He would be on the two-deep at any other top ten school in the nation, but the ND defense is so bad that he gets PT....

He is crap, plain and simple. Slow, stupid, and a ****ty kick returner.

If you're looking to rebuild a defense why would you draft a boxer?

Mike13
10-16-2006, 10:06 AM
y would u go defense in the first 3 rounds when we have THE WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE????

We do both, I say go OL and Defense, Our D isnt getting any younger anyway.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 10:10 AM
Are you guys trying to suck next year too? Zbikowski sucks...... he;s absolutley horrible.....

He would be on the two-deep at any other top ten school in the nation, but the ND defense is so bad that he gets PT....

He is crap, plain and simple. Slow, stupid, and a ****ty kick returner.

If you're looking to rebuild a defense why would you draft a boxer?
wow. you couldn't be less correct.

TampaFinsFan01
10-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I would go

Rd1) OT Joe Thomas, Wiconsin
Rd2) LB HB Blades, Pitt
Rd3) QB Jordan Palmer, UTEP
Rd4) OG, Best Available
Rd 6) DL, Best Available
Rd 7) RB, " "

Whitner20
10-16-2006, 10:39 AM
wow. you couldn't be less correct.

I guess you don't watch football huh?

Zbikowski sucks dude...he gets burnt all the time.... whats so great about him.....when has he made a meaningful play in a meaningful game.... Ohio State picked on him all day in last years Fiesta Bowl, he got burned vs Michigan this year, he got burned against MSU in the first half.....

He sucks.... ND's defense is pathetic all around, and that THE ONLY reason why he's playing.... he wouldn't ever see the field at Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Florida, LSU etc.... he just wouldn't....

He's a horrible Safety, simply too slow and has no instincts....

Vertical Limit
10-16-2006, 12:15 PM
David Irons would be great, but there are many concerns about injury, especially on the knees. Still, he would be a great value pick at the 2nd round.

In_Flames
10-16-2006, 12:49 PM
I would go

Rd1) OT Joe Thomas, Wiconsin
Rd2) LB HB Blades, Pitt
Rd3) QB Jordan Palmer, UTEP
Rd4) OG, Best Available
Rd 6) DL, Best Available
Rd 7) RB, " "

:yeahthat:

Alex44
10-16-2006, 12:55 PM

That thought makes me drool, Hell I can put up with a bad season if we end up with him.

Kid is Larry Fitzgerald but with speed

My dream draft

1st -Calvin Johnson/Meriweather/Joe Thomas (happy with any of the 3)

2nd- Best O-Lineman

3rd - Best Outside LB

4th- Best O-lineman or Safety

5th round on - Best player available

Vertical Limit
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Not sure why we would take a wide receiver in the first round unless you are thinking about trading Chambers. Derek Hagan showed a lot of promise yesterday, plus he's a huge target with a lot of speed. He also has a lot of fire and confidence.

Just needs to make those easy catches, but I'm sure that with more experience, he will become much more disciplined.

cheyannefan
10-16-2006, 01:06 PM
1.) Ted Ginn Jr. or Damien Hughes (CB, Cal)
2.) OL
3.) LB
4.) OL
5/6.) BPA OFFENSIVELY
7.) K

Alex44
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Not sure why we would take a wide receiver in the first round unless you are thinking about trading Chambers. Derek Hagan showed a lot of promise yesterday, plus he's a huge target with a lot of speed. He also has a lot of fire and confidence.

Just needs to make those easy catches, but I'm sure that with more experience, he will become much more disciplined.

Never hurts to have weapons.

If I thought Johnson was just another WR I of course would agree with you, but IMO he is going to be a top 3 WR in the league for many years. And I just cant pass that up.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Not sure why we would take a wide receiver in the first round
if that receiver is calvin johnson, you take him.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 01:19 PM
1.) Ted Ginn Jr. or Damien Hughes (CB, Cal)
2.) OL
3.) LB
4.) OL
5/6.) BPA OFFENSIVELY
7.) K

We wouldn't get Ginn, I'm not sold on him at WR yet, so I would bet scouts aren't as high on him as you.

And the CB from Cal isn't a first round pick. Just because he has a lot of picks doesn't mean he's worth a 1. Jamar Fletcher had tons of picks in college. How'd that work out for us?

TotoreMexico
10-16-2006, 01:22 PM

Please, next time try to do a little research before you try to argue...

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
And the CB from Cal isn't a first round pick. Just because he has a lot of picks doesn't mean he's worth a 1. Jamar Fletcher had tons of picks in college. How'd that work out for us?
i have no clue how many picks he has. all i know is that when i watch hughes play, i see a great corner.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 01:31 PM
i have no clue how many picks he has. all i know is that when i watch hughes play, i see a great corner.

Worthy of a first round pick, let alone top 10?

(I know you want Joe Thomas like me, or Calvin Johnson if we got the chance)

Mcganiel
10-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I pulled this from my local florida papers employment section.

Miami Dolphins Help Wanted.

Offensive lineman that can play at the nfl level. Must be able to to listen in the huddle for the snap count. This means you must be able to count to the number 4 and LISTEN to what the qb tells you. Must be able to punch back a defensive lineman at least one yard so we can convert on third and fouth downs when the game is on the line. Must be able to block a defensive lineman for more than 2 seconds to allow our quarterbacks to throw down field. Must be able to remember assigmnets(This is a tough one.). Please forward all resumes to Nick Saban.

ANYWAY, MY POINT IS WE NEED OLINEMAN PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 01:53 PM
Worthy of a first round pick, let alone top 10?
he's the best corner in the draft IMO. top 15 pick.

Vertical Limit
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
if that receiver is calvin johnson, you take him.
Not if you are loaded with receivers and have many holes to fill such as secondary, linebacker, offensive linemen, etc.

Calvin Johnson [GT] is a great receiver, the best in this draft, no doubt about that. But this draft is filled with talent in receivers, more talent on receiving that I haven't seen in a long, long time: Dwayne Jarrett [USC], Jeff Samardzija [ND], Sidney Rice [SC], Steve Smith [USC].

Those other talents are bound to slip down to the second and third round. We can pick one of them up while picking up a player in the first round that would really fill one of our major holes, such as LB, OT, secondary.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
actually this class is awful for receivers. aside from johnson, jarrett, rice and MAYBE ginn, there's not much to be excited about.

chambers is a #2. we need a #1. it's not welker and it's not hagan. calvin johnson would be perfect. :drool:

Alex44
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
Not if you are loaded with receivers and have many holes to fill such as secondary, linebacker, offensive linemen, etc.

Calvin Johnson [GT] is a great receiver, the best in this draft, no doubt about that. But this draft is filled with talent in receivers, more talent on receiving that I haven't seen in a long, long time: Dwayne Jarrett [USC], Jeff Samardzija [ND], Sidney Rice [SC], Steve Smith [USC].

Those other talents are bound to slip down to the second and third round. We can pick one of them up while picking up a player in the first round that would really fill one of our major holes, such as LB, OT, secondary.

Chambers isnt a #1 and it isnt because of lack of talent, its that when he gets discouraged he goes jogging down the field instead of running, he doesnt have that fire you need.

Booker IMO will be a cap casualty after this season

Welker is a #3 reciever

Hagan is a rookie who I expect to be very good in the future, but what if he isnt?

You can always get good O-Lineman later in the draft (not to mention our O-line is actually playing much better)

PhinFan0202
10-16-2006, 02:23 PM
Chambers isnt a #1 and it isnt because of lack of talent, its that when he gets discouraged he goes jogging down the field instead of running, he doesnt have that fire you need.

Booker IMO will be a cap casualty after this season

Welker is a #3 reciever

Hagan is a rookie who I expect to be very good in the future, but what if he isnt?

You can always get good O-Lineman later in the draft (not to mention our O-line is actually playing much better)

You're right it's not because of lack of talent it's because of lack of concentration. I don't understand how he makes all the hard catches but can't catch the easiest balls.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 02:28 PM
he's the best corner in the draft IMO. top 15 pick.
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. And I just hope I'm right that he isn't a top 15 pick come draft time, and that we don't draft him in round 1. But you could be right, after all, it's not like I'm a scout who's paid to know what he's talking about.

Vertical Limit
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
actually this class is awful for receivers. aside from johnson, jarrett, rice and MAYBE ginn, there's not much to be excited about.

chambers is a #2. we need a #1. it's not welker and it's not hagan. calvin johnson would be perfect. :drool:
You just named 4 receivers. Last year, only 2 receivers was picked in the first round. And you also named Tedd Ginn Jr, I didn't even think about this guy and he is another receiver that I beleive will declare and end up in the NFL draft next year.

That's already 6-7 propect receivers people have them as "first round talent". Will they all end up in the first round? Likely not.

Before the Senior Combine, lots of people had Derek Hagan as a first round receiver, yet he ended up in the 3rd round.

If we have a Top 5 pick, we must do everything we can to get a Joe Thomas, Levi Brown, etc. A franchise tackle that would really fill a hole.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 02:46 PM
You just named 4 receivers. Last year, only 2 receivers was picked in the first round. And you also named Tedd Ginn Jr, I didn't even think about this guy and he is another receiver that I beleive will declare and end up in the NFL draft next year.

That's already 6-7 propect receivers people have them as "first round talent". Will they all end up in the first round? Likely not.

Before the Senior Combine, lots of people had Derek Hagan as a first round receiver, yet he ended up in the 3rd round.

If we have a Top 5 pick, we must do everything we can to get a Joe Thomas, Levi Brown, etc. A franchise tackle that would really fill a hole.

Only reciever I would even want to consider in the 1st two rounds, is Johnson. This looks liek it is a strong year for LTs too though. It seems like there could be as many as 6 LTs with possible 1st round grades. And I can't see all 6 going in the first round, though it might not surprise me if it did happen. Crazy stuff happens when the draft comes around.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 02:51 PM

last year's class was really bad at WR. this one is slightly better. still, nothing great. the only receivers i'd honestly spend a first rounder on are johnson and rice.

and aside from those top guys, there's absolutely NOTHING after them. i mean....NOTHING.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 03:06 PM
last year's class was really bad at WR. this one is slightly better. still, nothing great. the only receivers i'd honestly spend a first rounder on are johnson and rice.

and aside from those top guys, there's absolutely NOTHING after them. i mean....NOTHING.

I won't go as far as to say nothing, but I do agree that I would only spend a first on Johnson and Rice.

weisdolphins
10-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Rd 1: Joe Thomas, OT
Rd 2: Steve Smith, WR
Rd 3: Jamarcus Russell, QB

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 03:31 PM
Rd 3: Jamarcus Russell, QB
i just threw up a little.

weisdolphins
10-16-2006, 03:51 PM
i just threw up a little.

LOL!!!!! you have to admit he's having a pretty good season

WelcomeBack
10-16-2006, 04:10 PM
1st: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin
2nd: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas
3rd: Brian Smith, OLB, Missouri

I would be happy to get that. Or, a different CB in round 2 would be good. I just think that OL should be the first round choice.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 04:18 PM
1st: Joe Thomas
2nd: Justin Blaylock (OG Texas) or Aaron Rouse(S-VT)
3rd: Tim Shaw or Derrick Burgess or Earl Everett(OLBs, best available)

cheyannefan
10-16-2006, 04:28 PM
We wouldn't get Ginn, I'm not sold on him at WR yet, so I would bet scouts aren't as high on him as you.

Ginn does need some work. He came to OSU as a corner. IF he comes out this year teams will take a chance on him beacause of his ability to electrify his team with big plays. I honestly don't think he will come out this year because he knows he has a lot to work on and can make more money by staying in college for an extra year to hone his skills.

As for Hughes, he is clearly the best corner in this years draft and we desperately need someone at that position. He is listed at 6-2 which means he can be very physical while also displaying some nice speed.

Stitches
10-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Ginn does need some work. He came to OSU as a corner. IF he comes out this year teams will take a chance on him beacause of his ability to electrify his team with big plays. I honestly don't think he will come out this year because he knows he has a lot to work on and can make more money by staying in college for an extra year to hone his skills.

As for Hughes, he is clearly the best corner in this years draft and we desperately need someone at that position. He is listed at 6-2 which means he can be very physical while also displaying some nice speed.

I agree with you on Ginn. I think Gonzales is a much morepolished reciever right now then Ginn, even if Ginn though way more potential upside.

I'll just agree to disagree with you on Hughes. Just a matter of opinion. If he goes to USC and shuts down Jarrett I'll be much more convinced with him.

primetime23
10-17-2006, 03:56 AM
we should go all defense and oline but the day 1 picks should be defense all of them. I dont think we should waste a high draft pick on a linemen. Ill rather go to fa for a good solid linmen or two. I dont think ginn is a top 5 pick or maybe not even a top 10 pick, he doesnt get open as well as his teammate anthony, ginn is just is a burner.

WelcomeBack
10-17-2006, 04:09 AM
we should go all defense and oline but the day 1 picks should be defense all of them. I dont think we should waste a high draft pick on a linemen. Ill rather go to fa for a good solid linmen or two. I dont think ginn is a top 5 pick or maybe not even a top 10 pick, he doesnt get open as well as his teammate anthony, ginn is just is a burner.

If Joe Thomas is there when we pick, I don't see how we can pass on him. Why continue going through FA for our OL? It's time to get our franchise LT that will protect our QB.

Defense is easier to come across in FA, it's just on our staff to pull the trigger on the playmakers rather than the leftovers.

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 05:48 AM

Not to sound like a homer but a lot of mocks have Samardzija in the later part of the 1st round. Plus Dwayne Jarrett, as hard as it to say, isnt nothing. Though neither is in the same league as Calvin Johnson.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Not to sound like a homer but a lot of mocks have Samardzija in the later part of the 1st round. Plus Dwayne Jarrett, as hard as it to say, isnt nothing. Though neither is in the same league as Calvin Johnson.
you? a homer??? ;)

Motion
10-17-2006, 09:22 AM
LOL!!!!! you have to admit he's having a pretty good season

By what standards?

Doesn't show up in the big games.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 09:27 AM
By what standards?

Doesn't show up in the big games.

By his stats. Not the W-L stats, but his individual stats on the season. Just looking at that, he is having a good year.

Motion
10-17-2006, 10:05 AM
By his stats. Not the W-L stats, but his individual stats on the season. Just looking at that, he is having a good year.

Look at his stats against Auburn and Florida.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Look at his stats against Auburn and Florida.

I know, I was explaining his reasoning. If you look at his entire season stats they are good, but looking at individual games you see a much better picture. I'm with you on this, I was trying to explain his probable reasoning.

Motion
10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
I know, I was explaining his reasoning. If you look at his entire season stats they are good, but looking at individual games you see a much better picture. I'm with you on this, I was trying to explain his probable reasoning.

:hi5:

The Coach
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
What a day for a daydream. I would love to get this....

1 Joe Thomas/ Sam Baker (depending on where we draft)
2 HB Blades (would work on outside)
3 Kyle Young (A Center we could definitley use)