PDA

View Full Version : Another Hurricane THUG...

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Lamar Thomas. This guy is a complete joke. Not only should UM players be arrested for their acts on Saturday, this Comcast, ex-Hurricane thug should be fired as well. Below are quotes from his telecast during the game and during the fight. The Hurricanes get themselves in fights almost every year, what a bunch a thugs. What college football team has the most ghetto team; the Miami Hurricanes, Florida State Criminals, or Virginia Tech?

Lamar Thomas from his LIVE Comcast broadcast during the game: (Not to mention they were playing FIU...what a joke!)

Miami Herald
October 14, 2006

Fire Coker? No, just Lamar Thomas

Television sportscasting hit a new all-time low Saturday night when Comcast sports analyst Lamar Thomas cheered on University of Miami players for brawling on the field, urged them to continue it in the parking lot afterward, and finally said he wanted to run onto the field and throw some punches himself – every word of it on the air.

Thomas’ ranting threats were issued during the third quarter of the Miami-Florida International University game during a helmet-swinging melee between the two teams that eventually resulted in the ejection of 13 players – but not, unfortunately, Thomas. He was doing color as Comcast taped the game for replay on Wednesday at noon and 7 p.m. But the Comcast broadcast was available live for subscribers to ESPN’s GamePlan pay-per-view service.

Moments before the brawl broke out, Thomas – a Miami alumnus who made no secret he was rooting for his old team – was lamenting the fact that no punches had been thrown. “If this would have been back in the days [sic], we would have called these guys – ‘Hey, meet us at Tamiami Park and let’s get it on without pads,’” he said.

It didn’t take long for Thomas to get his wish. And as the violence erupted on the field, he cheered it on. “That’s what I’m talking about,” he exclaimed. “You come into our house, you should get your behind kicked. You don’t come into the Orange Bowl playing that stuff. You’re across the ocean over there. You’re across the city over there. You can’t come over to our place talking noise like that. You’ll get your butt kicked. I was about to go down the elevator and get into that thing.”

If anything, Thomas seemed disappointed that the referees finally got the game under control. “You know, I say, why don’t they just meet outside in the tunnel after the ball game and get it on some more?” he urged. “You don’t come into the Orange Bowl, baby – we’ve had a down couple of years – but you don’t come in here talking trash. Not in our house…

“You come in here talking smack, it’s time to get it on. We let you play in our stadium – they play well, I gotta give it to FIU, they played well so far – but you cross the line at some point.”

And even when the game started again, Thomas was still at it, complaining that referees threw a flag on a blatantly late hit on the kickoff following the brawl. “You gonna call that?” he exclaimed in disbelief. He ended the night by urging Miami coach Larry Coker, whose team was leading 35-0 with 40 seconds to go in the game, to run up the score with a field goal to teach FIU a thing or two.

Comcast ought to fire Thomas for being such a blatant homer – the way he cheers for Miami during games would be embarrassing to any credible sports network, though maybe the key word there is “credible.” But when he starts calling from the press box for players to beat each other up, to fight in the parking lot, and threatens to join in himself, he’s gone beyond mere unprofessionalism into absolute indecency. That may be an unfamiliar concept to Comcast (it is, after all, a cable company) but if Comcast won’t get rid of him, UM President Donna Shalala should demand that he be removed from any further Miami telecasts. If she thinks this kind of gangster talk doesn’t damage the school’s reputation – and her own – she’s seriously mistaken.

EAZY 0
10-16-2006, 09:42 AM
ok...so lets get this straight....you are out with your friends one night. all of a sudden a group of other guys tackles your smallest, skinniest friend, then proceeds to kick him. you would just stand there and watch? no, you would beat the crap otu of them, unless you are a woman.

Green Ranger
10-16-2006, 09:44 AM
thats sad...UM is ridiculous

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
ok...so lets get this straight....you are out with your friends one night. all of a sudden a group of other guys tackles your smallest, skinniest friend, then proceeds to kick him. you would just stand there and watch? no, you would beat the crap otu of them, unless you are a woman.

Yeah, I would fight back, except the U of M were on a football field, in pads, with the reputation of the entire school on their shoulders.

And if I am out with my friends and get into a fight, I'd end up in jail.

One Miami thug took his helmet off to hit someone else over the head with it. In that case a helmet should be viewed as a weapon. That quite possibly COULD have seriously hurt OR killed someone.

NEVER in a fight would I go to that extent as to swinging an object OR stomp on someone on the groud. You proved my point exactlly, U of M is has NO class and would go to ANY extent to prove that they are thugs.

Mike13
10-16-2006, 09:46 AM
(Not to mention they were playing FIU...what a joke!)

Cut FIU some slack, they put up a fight before the actual fight broke out.

Schleprock
10-16-2006, 09:48 AM
although I don't condone Thomas's antics. The FIU player burrying the kicker was not only uncalled for, but a cowardly POS move. Burry one of the big boys if your balls are as brass as you play them to be. That to me is ghetto, chicken-shizzle attitude as well. Ghetto hoodlums aren't so big and bad when they are outside their homies in the city and can't prey on the weak. Thats why they remain their entire life in the ghetto.

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 09:51 AM
I agree, FIU is just as bad as Miami for being involved. It's just Miami finds themselves in this crap ALL the time. The fights, the off field problems, etc...

The Miami football program is a breding ground for classless players.

Didn't one player rob another this past off season? And wasn't it in last years bowl game that Miami was in another on field fight?
I mean give me a break. They need to have police officers on the sidelines ready with mace and stun guns when ever Miami takes the field.

Mike13
10-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Yeah it was embarassing as hell. What does that say about your schools, your city?

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 10:02 AM
Yeah it was embarassing as hell. What does that say about your schools, your city?

Not quite sure what your question is about.
But, it doesn't say much good for the UM/FIU. For me, it just reinforces the negative appearance of the Hurricanes. They are widely viewed as a bunch of criminals and thugs and they contiune to display behaviors that support that view.

And what makes it worse is that there has never been a coach at Miami that disiplines the players for their actions.

Mike13
10-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Not quite sure what your question is about.
But, it doesn't say much good for the UM/FIU. For me, it just reinforces the negative appearance of the Hurricanes. They are widely viewed as a bunch of criminals and thugs and they contiune to display behaviors that support that view.

And what makes it worse is that there has never been a coach at Miami that disiplines the players for their actions.

I meant that both teams are going to make the schools look bad, its going to make the city look bad.

Blade
10-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Yea, i do agree that Thomas shouldnt be allowed to call anymore games if those were his comments about the game.

Yea, it was a cowardly move to attack the kicker first but the fight shouldnt have been that long. The players should have released that this is wrong and should have stopped fightin. The player who used his helmet on another player should be suspended for the season. That was uncalled for.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Lamar is wrong for saying all of that..but a the sametime, you cant hold that in..hes a ex-Miami player..of course he would be hyped and talking....

then again..the comments isnt the smartest thing to do on a broadcast though

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 01:07 PM
although I don't condone Thomas's antics. The FIU player burrying the kicker was not only uncalled for, but a cowardly POS move. Burry one of the big boys if your balls are as brass as you play them to be. That to me is ghetto, chicken-shizzle attitude as well. Ghetto hoodlums aren't so big and bad when they are outside their homies in the city and can't prey on the weak. Thats why they remain their entire life in the ghetto.

lmao. thats one of the dumbest things ive ever read.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:09 PM
Yea, i do agree that Thomas shouldnt be allowed to call anymore games if those were his comments about the game.

Yea, it was a cowardly move to attack the kicker first but the fight shouldnt have been that long. The players should have released that this is wrong and should have stopped fightin. The player who used his helmet on another player should be suspended for the season. That was uncalled for.yeah..no doubt about it..but it was a street fight

people dont really care what they do in a street fight :lol:

both teams is stupid for the brawl..but if FIU didnt slam a guy from miami, this wouldnt never happened

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-16-2006, 01:15 PM
there's a world of difference between the stupid scenario you bring up than what happened on the actual field.

Coral Reefer
10-16-2006, 01:21 PM
:lol:
Yeah, I would fight back, except the U of M were on a football field, in pads, with the reputation of the entire school on their shoulders.

One Miami thug took his helmet off to hit someone else over the head with it. In that case a helmet should be viewed as a weapon. That quite possibly COULD have seriously hurt OR killed someone.

NEVER in a fight would I go to that extent as to swinging an object OR stomp on someone on the groud. You proved my point exactlly, U of M is has NO class and would go to ANY extent to prove that they are thugs.

You people that constantly point to only UM athletes as thugs are hysterical.

I admire many athletes for their ATHLETIC prowess but FEW do I admire for who they are outside of athletics.

IMO, it's safe to say there are many more thugs in athletics than there are good guys. You find "thugs" on ANY team period.

Yeah, OSU has no thugs whatsoever right Maurice? :lol:

Another poster that is an avid Notre Dame fan is constantly posting UM stuff too. Maybe he should go read
"The Tarnished Dome" for a little perspective.

All big programs are crooked to a degree and all have MANY thugs they depend on to be good.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 01:24 PM

You people that constantly point to only UM athletes as thugs are hysterical.

I admire many athletes for their ATHLETIC prowess but FEW do I admire for who they are outside of athletics.

IMO, it's safe to say there are many more thugs in athletics than there are good guys. You find "thugs" on ANY team period.

Yeah, OSU has no thugs whatsoever right Maurice? :lol:

Another poster that is an avid Notre Dame fan is constantly posting UM stuff too. Maybe he should go read
"The Tarnished Dome" for a little perspective.

All big programs are crooked to a degree and all have MANY thugs they depend on to be good.:lol: this is funny

OSU fans bashing hurricanes, saying this and that.."Thug U"

one name..Maurice Clarett :sidelol:

didnt S. Holmes get in trouble too?

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 01:27 PM
How can someone defend the whole melee? I don't care if your upbringing is different, there is something called common sense. The individuals involved in the fight had none. Smart thing to do, push the individuals away from each other rather than joining in the neandrathal beatdown. If what that FIU person said really "hurt your feelings", talk smack back and lay him out the next play. I mean its football, you get to knock some heads while in play.

Nappy Roots
10-16-2006, 01:29 PM
How can someone defend the whole melee? I don't care if your upbringing is different, there is something called common sense. The individuals involved in the fight had none. Smart thing to do, push the individuals away from each other rather than joining in the neandrathal beatdown. If what that FIU person said really "hurt your feelings", talk smack back and lay him out the next play. I mean its football, you get to knock some heads while in play.

k. you push the guy away and push the guy off your teammate, while they smack both of you upside the head.

it doesnt matter what your upbringing is, if you dont defend yourself, your not a man.

Coral Reefer
10-16-2006, 01:30 PM

Let's be real people.

Football is a brutal and high testosterone game.
Even low key people outside of the game turn a little psycho when they hit the field.

During my playing days I had plenty of altercations and I'm about as far as you can get from Thug status.
It happens so don't try and make this all about UM.
When some Florida players are involved in a fight I'll be sure to remind you of this.

Not to mention what I stated before that EVERY top team has a number of thugs they are depending on to be good. That would include the FL. Gators as well.

MikeO
10-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Gotta fire him.

He can't be saying that stuff on the air

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 01:51 PM
Let's be real people.

Even low key people outside of the game turn a little psycho when they hit the field.

During my playing days I had plenty of altercations and I'm about as far as you can get from Thug status.
When some Florida players are involved in a fight I'll be sure to remind you of this.

Not to mention what I stated before that EVERY top team has a number of thugs they are depending on to be good. That would include the FL. Gators as well.
Dude, why are you so defensive?

Motion
10-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Let's be real people.

The post you quoted made no reference to UM. You guys are way to defensive, half the time you act proud to be called Thug U and the other half you act like all schools are the same. Why are you bringing Florida into it? :confused:

Coral Reefer
10-16-2006, 02:00 PM
The post you quoted made no reference to UM. You guys are way to defensive, half the time you act proud to be called Thug U and the other half you act like all schools are the same. Why are you bringing Florida into it? :confused:

The whole thread is about Hurricane thugs.
Defensive?

If pointing out reality is defensive then so be it.
I pointed out Florida because Cuban Dave is just another fan of another team taking this opportunity to insinuate that this altercation is proof that UM is a team of thugs while their team is clearly above this type of behavior.

That is what is amusing and what I'm pointing out.

By the way, the only ones that are proud of a name called Thug U would be thugs themselves.
I'm no fan of it, nor am I a fan of what happened.

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Lamar is wrong for saying all of that..but a the sametime, you cant hold that in..hes a ex-Miami player..of course he would be hyped and talking....

So, are you saying that it would be somewhat expected to hear Kirk Herbstreit talk all day about how good Ohio State is and encourage OSU players to fist fight and root them on when they do??

Motion
10-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Defensive?

I pointed out Florida because Cuban Dave is just another fan of another team taking this opportunity to insinuate that this altercation is proof that UM is a team of thugs while their team is clearly above this type of behavior.

By the way, the only ones that are proud of a name called Thug U would be thugs themselves.

Understandable, but regardless of what team your a fan of I think its safe to say most people would not be a fan of that type of thing. It was entertaining though. :lol:

Coral Reefer
10-16-2006, 02:06 PM
So, are you saying that it would be somewhat expected to hear Kirk Herbstreit talk all day about how good Ohio State is and encourage OSU players to fist fight and root them on when they do??

I don't disagree with you guys on this point.
Some athletes are good for the broadcast booth and some just aren't. Lamar pretty much burned up his career with those comments. Not smart.

305TillIDie
So, are you saying that it would be somewhat expected to hear Kirk Herbstreit talk all day about how good Ohio State is and encourage OSU players to fist fight and root them on when they do??didnt I just say it was wrong what he did?

Coral Reefer
Understandable, but regardless of what team your a fan of I think its safe to say most people would not be a fan of that type of thing. It was entertaining though. :lol:

definitely entertaining. :lol:

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:08 PM
And you all can bash on Ohio State, saying that they have thugs, but all you have done is brought up players getting into trouble AFTER they left the school. Maurice Clarett & Santonio Holmes did nothing to get into trouble during their tenure at Ohio State.

Clarett left then got into a lot of trouble. Holmes was already in the NFL when he was busted.

Look at Ohio State over the past 5-6 years. They have a sparkling reputation. And it wasn't NEARLY as bad as Miami's before those years.

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:10 PM
Oh and 305TillIDie,
This may be the funniest quote I have ever seen... (in your sig.)

(http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/member.php?u=15615)"It's something they started And our guys finished it. ... They're going home with a 35-0 loss and they're 0-7."

-Kyle Wright, Hurricanes QB

HAHA, he was talking trash about beating a joke team like FIU. The 'Canes are pathetic. You know your team is bad when you talk this much trash about FIU!

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Defensive?

Oh, sorry, I meant assuming

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:11 PM
And you all can bash on Ohio State, saying that they have thugs, but all you have done is brought up players getting into trouble AFTER they left the school. Maurice Clarett & Santonio Holmes did nothing to get into trouble during their tenure at Ohio State.

Clarett left then got into a lot of trouble. Holmes was already in the NFL when he was busted.

Look at Ohio State over the past 5-6 years. They have a sparkling reputation. And it wasn't NEARLY as bad as Miami's before those years.both schools had problems..hell, most do

bringing up Clarett is to say..dont bash Miami while your team had problems too...

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Oh and 305TillIDie,
This may be the funniest quote I have ever seen... (in your sig.)

"It's something they started And our guys finished it. ... They're going home with a 35-0 loss and they're 0-7."

-Kyle Wright, Hurricanes QB

HAHA, he was talking trash about beating a joke team like FIU. The 'Canes are pathetic. You know your team is bad when you talk this much trash about FIU!

and you know what? kyle said it right..FIU started and Miami finished it..dont write the checks that your *** cant cash

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:15 PM
and you know what? kyle said it right..FIU started and Miami finished it..dont write the checks that your *** cant cash

Yeah, and don't act like a pimp when your team beats a team that should be D-III and you're a D-I team that will struggle to make a bowl game. As well as being led by a lame duck coach who, at this time should be dusting his resume off. Coaker will be at a FIU-type school next season.

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:16 PM
And, if I saw the incident correctly, didn't a Thug U player point at the other bench and bow after scoring a TD?

So, tell me again how FIU started it? The FIU player reacted at UM's kicker after the initial incident. (Which was completely uncalled for as well.)

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, and don't act like a pimp when your team beats a team that should be D-III and you're a D-I team that will struggle to make a bowl game. As well as being led by a lame duck coach who, at this time should be dusting his resume off. Coaker will be at a FIU-type school next season.Coker will be gone..who cares about Coker now?

and the pimp thing..FIU was Miami's hoe on saturday night :sidelol:

FIU begged Miami to play this game..not the other way around

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:21 PM
and the pimp thing..FIU was Miami's hoe on saturday night :sidelol:

Well, I guess if you're proud that your teams plays teams like FIU and is that excited by beating them then you're right.

But, when Ohio State plays cupcake teams similar to FIU, we don't get that excited. We support our team and expect them to act like professional young men, not like wanna be gang bangers all hyped up to actually win a game.

Cuban Dave 9
10-16-2006, 02:22 PM
How ironic. A thread about a fight has turned into an e-fight

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, I guess if you're proud that your teams plays teams like FIU and is that excited by beating them then you're right.

But, when Ohio State plays cupcake teams similar to FIU, we don't get that excited. We support our team and expect them to act like professional young men, not like wanna be gang bangers all hyped up to actually win a game.

answer this question, if you're a player and you see one of your guys getting body slammed and kicked in the head..what would YOU do?

OSUDauby
10-16-2006, 02:29 PM
If I were on the field, I would do the smart thing most likely and break it up and let the refs hand out PF on the other team.

If I were on the bench, I would stay there like a civilized, discipline individual...not charge the field with my helmet over my head and swinging it at a guy not even looking.

Blade
10-16-2006, 02:31 PM
How ironic. A thread about a fight has turned into an e-fight

LOL, so true.:sidelol:

Blade
10-16-2006, 02:34 PM
yeah..no doubt about it..but it was a street fight

people dont really care what they do in a street fight :lol:

both teams is stupid for the brawl..but if FIU didnt slam a guy from miami, this wouldnt never happened

True, it became a street fight real quick and in street fights anythin goes. But it should have never happened.

FIU had no reason to body slam the other guy. They were losing, they should have taken the beat down and went home.

But then again, i dont think the player should have bowed after scoring a TD. That was just rubbin salt in an open wound.

But better heads so have prevailed and the game should have finished without a fight.

305TillIDie
10-16-2006, 02:36 PM
True, it became a street fight real quick and in street fights anythin goes. But it should have never happened.

FIU had no reason to body slam the other guy. They were losing, they should have taken the beat down and went home.

But then again, i dont think the player should have bowed after scoring a TD. That was just rubbin salt in an open wound.

But better heads so have prevailed and the game should have finished without a fight.I saw Kenny Phillips talking to an FIU player he played with in High School with right after the fight..I though that was great to see..they didnt get caught up in that non-sense

Blade
10-16-2006, 02:42 PM
I saw Kenny Phillips talking to an FIU player he played with in High School with right after the fight..I though that was great to see..they didnt get caught up in that non-sense

I only saw the clips on espn and what not, so i didnt get to see the whole thing. so i can only comment on what i saw. but i thought it was fun to watch. for some reason, fights are fun to watch as long as i am not involved, LOL.

thats good that some players held thier cool and brushed it off.

tucker
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
i laughed a good 10 minutes when i heard him live...

Stitches
10-16-2006, 02:57 PM
U of M had a bye this past weekend, and hopefully they lose to Akron this saturday(surely Akron needs it). So I don't know why you guys keep referencing U of M fighting in a game against FIU on saturday, when they didn't even have a game. U of M would never refer to themselves as 'Thug U' either. You should really quit making these slanderous remarks about the U of M. People might get the wrong idea. :m359: :D

DonShula84
10-16-2006, 05:38 PM

stupid stupid analogy that in no way represents this situation.

DeathStar
10-16-2006, 05:39 PM
U of M had a bye this past weekend, and hopefully they lose to Akron this saturday(surely Akron needs it). So I don't know why you guys keep referencing U of M fighting in a game against FIU on saturday, when they didn't even have a game. U of M would never refer to themselves as 'Thug U' either. You should really quit making these slanderous remarks about the U of M. People might get the wrong idea. :m359: :D

U of M is the wolverines.
UM is the hurricanes.

Philter25
10-16-2006, 06:12 PM

:sidelol:

Big difference. Lamar has a JOB. He was broadcasting for COMCAST, not his own personal radio station. You dont say stuff like that when you are broadcasting for a company you WORK for.

Look at ALL the announcers in the nation. How many of them are alumni at a college? Would it be acceptable for ALL of them to say crap like that if they were announcing their alumni's football game?

He showed his IQ (or lack thereof) by making his statements and he should be fired immediately by Comcast.

Jaydog57
10-16-2006, 07:02 PM
:sidelol: God I enjoy loving the team everybody hates, it makes me love 'em even more. :evil: It's easy to use rational thinking like breaking up the fight on the field when you're watching it on tv. When you're surrounded by 50 guys and a crowd yelling, it's a little harder. Keep bringin' the hate anti-UM fans, we love you for it. :peace:

Stitches
10-16-2006, 10:08 PM
U of M is the wolverines.
UM is the hurricanes.

By that then, UM is also the Red Hawks. There are two University of Miami's, which is what I was joking about. I think you missed it though.

Mike13
10-16-2006, 11:25 PM
If what that FIU person said really "hurt your feelings", talk smack back and lay him out the next play. I mean its football, you get to knock some heads while in play

FIU started the brawl, Its what a UM player did after the score that pissed off the FIU players, whas his face pointed and bowed towards the FIU sideline. However that does not justify this fight. Its an embarassment.

bjchit
10-17-2006, 12:35 AM
k. you push the guy away and push the guy off your teammate, while they smack both of you upside the head.

it doesnt matter what your upbringing is, if you dont defend yourself, your not a man.If you sink to they're level, you're not a man.

bjchit
10-17-2006, 12:41 AM
:sidelol: God I enjoy loving the team everybody hates, it makes me love 'em even more. :evil: It's easy to use rational thinking like breaking up the fight on the field when you're watching it on tv. When you're surrounded by 50 guys and a crowd yelling, it's a little harder. Keep bringin' the hate anti-UM fans, we love you for it. :peace: Keep making excuses for these guys, I pity you for it.

Vertical Limit
10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Lamar Thomas got fired.

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 01:14 AM
:sidelol: God I enjoy loving the team everybody hates, it makes me love 'em even more. :evil: It's easy to use rational thinking like breaking up the fight on the field when you're watching it on tv. When you're surrounded by 50 guys and a crowd yelling, it's a little harder. Keep bringin' the hate anti-UM fans, we love you for it. :peace:

It will always be all about the U :evil:

you either hate us or you love us

DonShula84
10-17-2006, 02:10 AM
Where does this love or hate for the U thing come from? I was completely indifferent towards them, probably leaning towards liking them before they played UL and then this. Lets not act like people really care UM, you arent the Yankees where everyone has an opinion.

primetime23
10-17-2006, 03:44 AM

the u is the best, i dont understand why people are getting mad at what the announcer said who got fired(i heared he got fired on nfl network) yea he was politically wrong for saying what he said but you gotta love that cuz you barley see a announcer speak there minds like that lol I loved it.

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 05:02 AM
one time for my boy Lamar..we'll miss you in the booth man! :boohoo:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/lamar_thomas-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Blade
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
the u is the best, i dont understand why people are getting mad at what the announcer said who got fired(i heared he got fired on nfl network) yea he was politically wrong for saying what he said but you gotta love that cuz you barley see a announcer speak there minds like that lol I loved it.

Yea, there is a reason they dont speak thier mind, they will get fired. His comments were funny but they werent apporitate to be said while coverin the game. If he said that stuff in a bar with friends that fine, but not on tv.

Motion
10-17-2006, 08:20 AM
the u is the best.

At what??

OSUDauby
10-17-2006, 08:50 AM
one time for my boy Lamar..we'll miss you in the booth man! :boohoo:

You may miss him in the booth, but you can go see him next week flippin' burgers down at the McDonalds across from the "OB Baby!" :lol:

The guy is a typical Miami thug. That university is a crap hole.:shakeno:

OSUDauby
10-17-2006, 08:53 AM
And Blade....change your sig baby! It should read, "Last Victim....January 8th."

Cuban Dave 9
10-17-2006, 09:44 AM
You may miss him in the booth, but you can go see him next week flippin' burgers down at the McDonalds across from the "OB Baby!" :lol:

The guy is a typical Miami thug. That university is a crap hole.:shakeno:
Listen, I have all the reason to hate the Canes, but to call it a crap hole? 5 NC's in Football, 4 in Baseball, campus in the middle of the nicest neighborhood in South FLorida, Coral Gables, one of the best medical schools. If you want to say Merriweather is a thug, I'd agree, it is gutless to kick a man when he's down. But UM a crap hole? Is there anything to do in OHIO?

OSUDauby
10-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Listen, I have all the reason to hate the Canes, but to call it a crap hole? 5 NC's in Football, 4 in Baseball, campus in the middle of the nicest neighborhood in South FLorida, Coral Gables, one of the best medical schools. If you want to say Merriweather is a thug, I'd agree, it is gutless to kick a man when he's down. But UM a crap hole? Is there anything to do in OHIO?

You would think that someone defending a town and a university could get the name of the individual right.:shakeno:
Read the post, we are speaking of Lamar Thomas.

And one of the nicest neighborhoods, huh?? Was there ANY emphasis on the word neighborHOOD??
What is the crime rate and drug traffic rate down there??
Ohio State is a much bigger school with less crime and a better medical school that you pointed out.
Columbus has 4 seasons, Miami has 1 so you can do MUCH more in Ohio as opposed to Florida. The only thing we miss out on (which I DO miss) is the beach.

But, believe me, I'd rather live in a safe, clean, THUG U free place like Ohio than deal with all the trash that comes with Miami. Just a personal opinion though, not an attack.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 10:18 AM
You would think that someone defending a town and a university could get the name of the individual right.:shakeno:

And one of the nicest neighborhoods, huh?? Was there ANY emphasis on the word neighborHOOD??
Ohio State is a much bigger school with less crime and a better medical school that you pointed out.
Columbus has 4 seasons, Miami has 1 so you can do MUCH more in Ohio as opposed to Florida. The only thing we miss out on (which I DO miss) is the beach.

But, believe me, I'd rather live in a safe, clean, THUG U free place like Ohio than deal with all the trash that comes with Miami. Just a personal opinion though, not an attack.

That's a very biased and misinformed opinion.

Cuban Dave 9
10-17-2006, 10:24 AM

I can't help ignorance

Blade
10-17-2006, 11:12 AM
And Blade....change your sig baby! It should read, "Last Victim....January 8th."

I cant change it, i didnt make it. I dont know how to do all the stuff.

Blade
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM

We have some of the finest strip clubs around. I can talk from personal experience. :D LOL.

But i wouldnt claim OSU has the nice campus ever. OSU campus does have its good parts and it have it bad parts.

Stitches
10-17-2006, 11:43 AM
We have some of the finest strip clubs around. I can talk from personal experience. :D LOL.

But i wouldnt claim OSU has the nice campus ever. OSU campus does have its good parts and it have it bad parts.

I think Tampa Bay has nicer strip clubs. I think it's either Dallas or Houston that is really known for strip clubs too. I mean, I wouldn't know, that's just what I've heard.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Where does this love or hate for the U thing come from? I was completely indifferent towards them, probably leaning towards liking them before they played UL and then this. Lets not act like people really care UM, you arent the Yankees where everyone has an opinion. Exactly. Im a Penn State fan. I never could car anything about Florida football schools. I didnt like or hate any of them, mostly because they usually had nothing to do with Penn State. I only really rooted against them when FSU played PSU in the Orange Bowl last year.

There is no love or hate only for Miami. People who are neutral obervers and had no feelings either way towards the school think the situation that happened was horrible and that Lamar Thomas should have never said anything like that on the air.

Im glad he got fired. Add another U-M so called "thug" to the welfare line this week. People have to understand that when you are being paid to do something and working and representing a company, you cant just say whatever pops into your head. Tell Lamar Im sure Burger King has openings behind the deep fryer for him.

Mike13
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM

That is an ignorant statement, Coral Gables is a nice area.

Agent51
10-17-2006, 03:20 PM

I agree man. That helmet smack was RIDICULOUS. Then the guy (I think it was Merriweather) stomping on the downed FIU player MULTIPLE times. The Titans player (Haynesworth right?) got suspended FOUR GAMES for kicking the guys helmet off then kicking him again. Merriweather stomped a good 4 or 5 times on the guy (not to mention it was one downed FIU player with like 8 Hurricanes surrounding and kicking on him) and got suspended ONE GAME!?!?! That crap looked more like a friggin GANG INITIATION than a sports fight.

I am sorry, but "the U" is absolutely ridiculous and out of hand. That is their THIRD fight of the season, and they bring it upon themselves. They disrespect other teams by jumping up and down on their logo pregame, yet they whine and cry when someone other team disrespects them, and they handlie it "like they do on the streets" :rolleyes2.

Give me a ****ing break already. This REALLY pisses me off. I've watched this stuff for years now and kept my mouth shut. I've watched as players, both current and former, get arrested for anything from drug charges to suspected MURDER off the field, and start brawls, play dirty, and disrespect other teams on teh field, and yet nothing gets done. However other schools have a player do any of that, hell, even LESS offenses than that, and they get suspensions or kicked off the team etc etc, and it doesn't matter if they are a star player or not.

ONE GAME suspension for taking off your helmet and BEATING another player over the HEAD? ONE GAME suspension for surrounding a downed opposing player and repeatedly STOMPING on him? Off the field, that is felony assault, apparently on the field it's acceptable. This was no sports brawl, this was a gang fight. Sports brawls are baseball bencehs clearing and a few punches thrown (or an old man coach being thrown to the ground *COUGH PDERO MARTINEZ COUGH* lol). Hockey fights are one-on-one with a few punches thrown and that's it. This was no sports brawl, this was an excuse for the Hurricanes to continue their thug-style and not get in (legal) trouble.

Even the Hurricanes in the pros are the least behaved ones. The Hurricanes players are the only ones who CONSISTANTLY get in trouble with the law off the filed or the league on the field. Miami Hurricane players are also the only ones who I see carrying the "thug" representation into the league consistantly. Yes, there are players from other schools who wear the huge shirts and tons of bliung and gold teeth etc etc, but the majority of them are from "the U". It's sloppy, a bad example, and not very proffessional. It's getting old already :rolleyes2.

Those players who participated in the stomping incident and the guy who used his helmet as a weapon should be suspended for the seasons, possibly kicked off the team, and be prosecuted by police.

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 08:45 PM

The guy is a typical Miami thug. That university is a crap hole.:shakeno:why is he a thug?

did he hurt someone? did he rob someone?

why do you call someone a thug and he didnt do none of those things?

?

why is the university of Miami is a crap hole?

did you know the University of miami has some of the best doctors and hospitals in the WHOLE country?

cnc66
10-17-2006, 08:54 PM

Rosenstiel Dave..you left out one of the finest Marine science schools in the world.

bjchit
10-17-2006, 09:07 PM
Listen, I have all the reason to hate the Canes, but to call it a crap hole? 5 NC's in Football, 4 in Baseball, campus in the middle of the nicest neighborhood in South FLorida, Coral Gables, one of the best medical schools. If you want to say Merriweather is a thug, I'd agree, it is gutless to kick a man when he's down. But UM a crap hole? Is there anything to do in OHIO?King's Island is there.

bjchit
10-17-2006, 09:13 PM
why is he a thug?

did he hurt someone? did he rob someone?

why do you call someone a thug and he didnt do none of those things?

?

why is the university of Miami is a crap hole?

did you know the University of miami has some of the best doctors and hospitals in the WHOLE country? Well he did smack his pregnate girlfriend once.

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Well he did smack his pregnate girlfriend once.Link?

I just dont understand why everyone at the University of Miami is called a thug...

cnc66
10-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Link?

I just dont understand why everyone at the University of Miami is called a thug...
hahahaha, been living in a monastery bro? hahahaha because we EARNED it. :goof:

NewEra8
10-17-2006, 09:31 PM
answer this question, if you're a player and you see one of your guys getting body slammed and kicked in the head..what would YOU do?

Call 911... duhhh

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 09:32 PM
hahahaha, been living in a monastery bro? hahahaha because we EARNED it. :goof::lol:

when south carolina and clemson fights, no one is a thug..Maurice Clarett gets in trouble, hes not called a thug

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Call 911... duhhhthe police was already on the field :lol:

NewEra8
10-17-2006, 09:36 PM
the police was already on the field :lol:

Then call Jesse Jackson... but don't defend yourself for godsake... duuuuhhhhh

cnc66
10-17-2006, 09:43 PM

when south carolina and clemson fights, no one is a thug..Maurice Clarett gets in trouble, hes not called a thug

they didn't spend the last twenty years developing the reputation did they? does convicts vs. catholics ring any bells...

who cares what maurice is called..he's in the joint calling somebody Daddy

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 09:45 PM
they didn't spend the last twenty years developing the reputation did they? does convicts vs. catholics ring any bells...

who cares what maurice is called..he's in the joint calling somebody Daddytrue :lol:

Jaydog57
10-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Keep making excuses for these guys, I pity you for it. Oh no, somebody I don't even know pities me. Lord, help me sleep better tonight.:rolleyes:

HysterikiLL
10-18-2006, 02:10 AM
the police was already on the field :lol:

Speaking of those cops...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/25905851-1.jpg

...........WTF!?!?!?!?

305TillIDie
10-18-2006, 02:52 AM
Speaking of those cops...

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media/photo/2006-10/25905851.jpg

...........WTF!?!?!?!?bikes in a college brawl

priceless :lol:

OSUDauby
10-18-2006, 10:28 AM

No, you are wrong, when those teams fought they were thugs. Do they fight almost every year and find themselves in trouble as much as Miami, NOT EVEN CLOSE.

And come to Columbus, Ohio and say the words Maurice Clarett and all you hear is "Thug." The difference is that Mo Clarett did all of his damage when he was no longer with the University. Jim Tressel would not have tollerated it, unlike almost every coach at Miami. Butch Davis was an acception.