PDA

View Full Version : want to be quoted in an AP story?

joshdiggy
10-16-2006, 01:44 PM
My name is Josh Dickey; I work for AP Sports in New York. I'm working on a story about how sports on TV have come to be such an integral part of our major holidays, with consequences both good and bad. Turns out that your fair town is in a perfect storm of holiday TV viewing: Dolphins on Thanksgiving Day, with the 'Canes at night; then on Christmas, it's the Heat/Lakers in the afternoon, with the Dolphins in the evening. Specifically, I'm looking for folks who expect their holiday plans to be disrupted -- and I'd like to hear from both for and against (so if your spouse is beside him/herself with your insistence that the games be on at all times, I'd like to hear from him/her, too). If you'd like to be a part of this story, please post your reply here with a little bit of background, and your contact info, and I'll be getting in touch with you shortly. Many thanks in advance for your help, Josh.

thecoordinator
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
dude just make something up...

Blade
10-16-2006, 01:58 PM
dude just make something up...

Thats how i passed high school and college english. :D

RWhitney014
10-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Thats how i passed high school and college english. :D

And that's how Mr. Dickey would get fired and blackballed by his employers.

Can't help you because I've been published myself, but best of luck finding someone. I'm sure someone here is enough of a ham.

Blade
10-16-2006, 02:45 PM
And that's how Mr. Dickey would get fired and blackballed by his employers.

Can't help you because I've been published myself, but best of luck finding someone. I'm sure someone here is enough of a ham.

You lost me, but that isnt hard to do.:confused:

mor911
10-16-2006, 02:53 PM
Please enter any and all valid email addresses to be added to spam list everywhere.... thanks. :D

hell_no@mymomscrack.net

joshdiggy
10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
OK, OK, I see how anyone might be reluctant to leave their email on a board like this. But I am, indeed, an AP reporter ... and I refuse to make stuff up. So, if anyone would be willing to help me out, my ID on Yahoo! IM is 'allistklar'; my ID on AOL is 'lincolndickey'. And thanks again.

Lappy
10-16-2006, 09:54 PM
Please enter any and all valid email addresses to be added to spam list everywhere.... thanks. :D

hell_no@mymomscrack.net

Hey Mor,

I mailed you like 6 times what's up? I just need that reciepy for short bread cookies you have.

mor911
10-16-2006, 09:57 PM
OK, OK, I see how anyone might be reluctant to leave their email on a board like this. But I am, indeed, an AP reporter ... and I refuse to make stuff up. So, if anyone would be willing to help me out, my ID on Yahoo! IM is 'allistklar'; my ID on AOL is 'lincolndickey'. And thanks again.
Just giving ou a hard time man.. I'm sure someone will help you out.

mor911
10-16-2006, 09:59 PM
Hey Mor,

I mailed you like 6 times what's up? I just need that reciepy for short bread cookies you have.
C'mon bro!! How many times do I have to tell you?

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup chopped blanched almonds
1 tablespoon of GeeDubya's spooge.... :rolleyes:

RWhitney014
10-16-2006, 10:01 PM
You lost me, but that isnt hard to do.:confused:

Ever heard of Jayson Blair? Making up a story as a reporter will get you fired immediately and pretty much eliminate any chance of having someone else hire you. It's the cardinal sin of the press.

ih8brady
10-16-2006, 10:20 PM
I like the way you work it (josh diggy)
I got to bag it up

Lappy
10-16-2006, 10:23 PM
C'mon bro!! How many times do I have to tell you?

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 tablespoon butter
1/3 cup chopped blanched almonds
1 tablespoon of GeeDubya's spooge.... :rolleyes:

thanks, see you Christmas day!

Blade
10-17-2006, 07:26 AM
Ever heard of Jayson Blair? Making up a story as a reporter will get you fired immediately and pretty much eliminate any chance of having someone else hire you. It's the cardinal sin of the press.

The name doesnt sound familar but i do remember hearing about some reporter who got fired for falsifing his reports. I gotcha now. I see the light....