PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: Rapper Fabolous shot, stable in NYC

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Rapper Fabolous was shot early Tuesday as he stood at a Manhattan parking garage, spurring a sequence of events that left him both hospitalized in stable condition and under arrest, police said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061017/ap_on_re_us/fabolous_shot_10

I hope he will be ok...

NJFINSFAN1
10-17-2006, 08:04 AM
I never heard of him. Says he is stable, so that's good.

Blade
10-17-2006, 08:25 AM
I never heard of him. Says he is stable, so that's good.

Same here, never heard of him. But he is stable, so that is a good thing.

UCFinfan86
10-17-2006, 08:31 AM
He is a rapper, his most famous song is proably Breathe

Muck
10-17-2006, 08:32 AM
He would brag about being violent in his songs (admittedly I hadn't heard anything about him in years).

Looks like his career just got a shot in the arm (no pun intended). :rolleyes:

Motion
10-17-2006, 08:35 AM
In the hospital and under arrest :shakeno:

2 unregistered guns in the car when the got pulled over after running a red light fleeing from the shooting.

Coral Reefer
10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
In the hospital and under arrest :shakeno:

2 unregistered guns in the car when the got pulled over after running a red light fleeing from the shooting.

That's not so fabulous.

Timmy54
10-17-2006, 10:50 AM
in the words or Rodney King "why cant we all just .." yeah i am not finishing it. These rappers have wars to sell more cds. insane.

Mike13
10-17-2006, 10:52 AM
I've never heard of him as well.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:09 AM
in the words or Rodney King "why cant we all just .." yeah i am not finishing it. These rappers have wars to sell more cds. insane.

yup. someone is going to take a bullet to sell more records. thats just stupid.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 11:14 AM
yup. someone is going to take a bullet to sell more records. thats just stupid.
The fact that they keep shooting each other is kind of stupid also, no?

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:15 AM

I hope he will be ok...

he'll be OK. got shot in the thigh.

whats that 3 of the last rap artist shot have been in their home town? smh

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:16 AM
The fact that they keep shooting each other is kind of stupid also, no?

Pagan, shut up. how about we educate you for a second

a black man, is not a rapper.

saying something like shooting each other just makes you sound dumb and racists.

of course, this **** happens everytime voilence is within 100 square ****in miles of a rapper.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 11:19 AM

saying something like shooting each other just makes you sound dumb and racists.

of course, this **** happens everytime voilence is within 100 square ****in miles of a rapper.

nappy, love ya like a brother, but wtf did Pagan say about a black man?

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:20 AM
nappy, love ya like a brother, but wtf did Pagan say about a black man?

rappers shooting each other?

rappers have never shot each other. a black guy shots a rapper, and its rappers shooting each other.

this is exactly like the last ****in thread.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 11:23 AM

Nappy, who's being a racist here? I didn't say a damn thing about race, and right off the bat you bring it in to the picture.

I said that the fact that rappers keep shooting each other is stupid. How does that make me a racist? Rap wars are started by other rappers, are they not? Or is it just an amazing coincidence that these rappers keep getting shot?

Talk about sounding dumb. Every time something like this happens and you bury your head in the sand like an ostrich and refuse to see the problem, YOU sound ignorant as the day is long.

Nothing against you Nappy, but attacking me for stating a fact is pretty f'ing stupid also.

Motion
10-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Why bring race into it???

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Alright pagan, educate me man. how are rappers shooting each other.

and please spare of the bull**** of "you cant see it"

no bull****, just tell me. how is one rapper pointing a gun on another rapper, and pulling the trigger.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 11:25 AM

rappers have never shot each other. a black guy shots a rapper, and its rappers shooting each other.

ic

flippin stupid thing to 1) debate over or 2) worry too much about. 200 people just freggin collided in a train if really have the urge to pray for complete strangers. Or you could discuss the merits of the VIP lounge and Fishypete. Or we could complain about all sorts of things and get offended by all sorts of behaviors, interests, and tastes different from our own.

That's why I prefer to 1) make fun of errythang and 2) hate errybody.

:hi5: cept you guys. You guys kick ash. Pagan, Link, Motion & NJ even. That was mean, but again, I keed.

don't metal guys all look like tards, shoot up, and commit suicide?
asians do well in school and have little ones.
crackers go great with cheese.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
Why bring race into it???

cause thats the obvious motivation.

a rocker gets killed and every cries like babies and says rip and prayers to their families. so whats the reason for EVERY time a rapper is involved with something. hell, a rapper doesnt even have to be involved in anything, just brought up outside of the ****in hip hop thread, and the thread always goes the same direction. rappers shot each other, its their fault, they advocate it, they do it on purpose, they should all be shot, etc.

so whats the motivation?

Motion
10-17-2006, 11:27 AM
ic

flippin stupid thing to 1) debate over or 2) worry too much about. 200 people just freggin collided in a train if really have the urge to pray for complete strangers. Or you could discuss the merits of the VIP lounge and Fishypete. Or we could complain about all sorts of things and get offended by all sorts of behaviors, interests, and tastes different from our own.

:yeahthat:

That's why I prefer to 1) make fun of errythang and 2) hate errybody.

:hi5: cept you guys. You guys kick ash. Pagan, Link, Motion & NJ even. That was mean, but again, I keed.

asians do well in school and have little ones.
crackers go great with cheese.

:lol:

Motion
10-17-2006, 11:29 AM

a rocker gets killed and every cries like babies and says rip and prayers to their families. so whats the reason for EVERY time a rapper is involved with something. hell, a rapper doesnt even have to be involved in anything, just brought up outside of the ****in hip hop thread, and the thread always goes the same direction. rappers shot each other, its their fault, they advocate it, they do it on purpose, they should all be shot, etc.

so whats the motivation?

Nap, maybe I'm just unaware of a previous discussion but it seems like this is getting blown WAY out of porportion.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 11:35 AM
and this still isn't 1/10th as gay as the Fishypete great debate in VIP.

not that there is anything wrong with that!

Pagan, just tell Nappy you have a black friend and Nappy tell Pagan
you like the ozzy riff in the 2livecrew song, and let's move on to more
important things...like these f'n black rappers shooting each other up all the time!

funny, no?

Pagan
10-17-2006, 11:36 AM
Alright pagan, educate me man. how are rappers shooting each other.

and please spare of the bull**** of "you cant see it"

no bull****, just tell me. how is one rapper pointing a gun on another rapper, and pulling the trigger.
Nappy, you can't be that naive.

Maybe one rapper isn't pulling the trigger on another, but you KNOW that they're behind it.

Tell me that the shootings of Tupac and Biggie weren't directly attributed to one rapper being pissed off at another.

Make you a bet right now...$25 says that it will be found out that it was part of some war.

And you clean cut guys look like gay bath house towel boys. :tongue:

so whats the motivation?
Nappy, you name me one instance....ONE....where one rock or jazz or metal performer was directly responsible for the shooting of another, and I'll admit your argument holds water.

ALL I said was that it was stupid that they keep getting shot. YOU blew this WAY out of proportion.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 11:39 AM

Maybe one rapper isn't pulling the trigger on another, but you KNOW that they're behind it.

Tell me that the shootings of Tupac and Biggie weren't directly attributed to one rapper being pissed off at another.

Make you a bet right now...$25 says that it will be found out that it was part of some war.

Nappy, you name me one instance....ONE....where one rock or jazz or metal performer was directly responsible for the shooting of another, and I'll admit your argument holds water.

ALL I said was that it was stupid that they keep getting shot. YOU blew this WAY out of proportion.
I can't believe D-day told I was circumsized!
And is it my fault the surgeon was so skilled?!?!?!

jerk.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:42 AM

1st of all. you said it was stupid they keep shooting each other. not getting shot.

2nd of all. if people could stop from being robbed, they would. you think their stupid for getting shot. you think dudes stupid because he parked in a public garage instead of never being seen in public? you think its stupid because people want to rob him of his jewlrey?

3rd, the fact you THINK another rapper is behind this, and then go on to say, that I KNOW another rapper is behind this is just plain dumb.

4th, the Tupac shooting had nothing to do with Biggie. Tupac got shot by a gang in Las Vegas. Biggie had nothing to do with that shooting. and Tupac was dead when biggie got killed, so obviously dude wasnt putting hits out from the grave.

5th, why should i name 1 instance of that, when you cant name 1 instance of a rapper shooting another rapper. or even directly responsible.

Motion
10-17-2006, 11:43 AM

important things...like these f'n black rappers shooting each other up all the time!

funny, no?

:yeahthat:

Pagan
10-17-2006, 11:47 AM
2nd of all. if people could stop from being robbed, they would. you think their stupid for getting shot. you think dudes stupid because he parked in a public garage instead of never being seen in public? you think its stupid because people want to rob him of his jewlrey?

From the article:

The rapper, whose legal name is John Jackson, was shot once in the thigh when a male with a gun approached him and three others and opened fire, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Wysokowski said.

The four jumped into a vehicle and fled, attracting the attention of police when they ran a red light.
Says nothing about any robbery. They shot and they fled. Kinda sounds like a hit, doesn't it?

But whatever Nappy, you believe what you believe.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 11:55 AM
From the article:

Says nothing about any robbery. They shot and they fled. Kinda sounds like a hit, doesn't it?

But whatever Nappy, you believe what you believe.

they fled because there were shots exchanged with them and Fabs body guards.

if it was a hit, someone would not pull a gun on someone and shoot them in the leg.

but whatever, believe what you want for no reason what so ever.

Blade
10-17-2006, 11:56 AM
if it was a hit, someone would not pull a gun on someone and shoot them in the leg.

Maybe it was a warning shot.....but anyways i am stayin out of the arguement.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 12:02 PM
they fled because there were shots exchanged with them and Fabs body guards.

but whatever, believe what you want for no reason what so ever.
LOL...okay, use logic here Nappy.

WHY would someone try to rob a man surrounded by bodyguards in a parking garage?

Yup, no reason whatsoever. Four guys emerge from a car, shoot a rapper in front of his bodyguards and then flee. Nope, doesn't sound like a hit at all.

As far as only hitting him in the leg, maybe if they didn't hold the gun sideways they'd aim better. :wink: :lol:

(and that's a JOKE, before you call me a racist again.)

Amars
10-17-2006, 12:03 PM
I guess he trying to revive his career

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
LOL...okay, use your own logic here Nappy.

WHY would someone try to rob a man surrounded by bodyguards in a parking garage?

lmao, you seriously askin this question?

Pagan
10-17-2006, 12:05 PM
lmao, you seriously askin this question?
Yes I am, and you ain't answerin

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 12:08 PM
Yup, no reason whatsoever. Four guys emerge from a car, shoot a rapper in front of his bodyguards and then flee. Nope, doesn't sound like a hit at all.

As far as only hitting him in the leg, maybe if they didn't hold the gun sideways they'd aim better. :wink: :lol:

(and that's a JOKE, before you call me a racist again.)

OK. so in your eyes, their more likely to shoot a rapper, for another rapper in front of his bodyguards, rather then rob them of their money?

RIIIIIIIIIGHT

and i wasnt calling you racist, i said that statement made you look it.

and to put this whole discussion to a stop..

this is Fabolous. this isnt a rapper that has been fueding with other rappers, a rapper that talks junk about other rappers. Fab is not like that.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Yes I am, and you ain't answerin

they have guns. its not hard to comprehend. they pull their guns and say give me your ****, just because there are 3 big dudes with him means nothing.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 12:11 PM
OK. so in your eyes, their more likely to shoot a rapper, for another rapper in front of his bodyguards, rather then rob them of their money?

RIIIIIIIIIGHT
Ohhhhhh-kay, presuming what you say is true (even if it is a stretch) then I change my original statement.

These four guys are the stupidest jackasses in the world then, to attempt to rob someone with bodyguards. :wink:

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 12:12 PM
Ohhhhhh-kay, presuming what you say is true (even if it is a stretch) then I change my original statement.

haha.

but only in your world pagan is it a stretch for the movivation to be robbery, while your saying it was a hit from another rapper.

SpurzN703
10-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Fab is one of my fave rappers but if he chooses to be careless and drive around with guns, then he deserves harm to come to him.

Rappers have to live "the life" to appear to be badass apparently. It's a shame

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Fab is one of my fave rappers but if he chooses to be careless and drive around with guns, then he deserves harm to come to him.

Rappers have to live "the life" to appear to be badass apparently. It's a shame

so your living "the life" and are a badass if you have a gun..wow. everyone in this town would be a badass then and living "the life"

Pagan
10-17-2006, 12:29 PM
haha.

but only in your world pagan is it a stretch for the movivation to be robbery, while your saying it was a hit from another rapper.
I grew up in Little Italy on Mulberry Street Nappy, I know a hit when I see one.

"Yea...that guy sittin in the restaurant when four guys in pinstripe suits came in and shot him while he was eating....robbery, yea....that's the ticket. That's what they was doin".

Roman529
10-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Geee, another rap guy got shot :eek: Sorry, but I think these guys bring a lot of this on themselves.

Agent51
10-17-2006, 02:03 PM
4th, the Tupac shooting had nothing to do with Biggie. Tupac got shot by a gang in Las Vegas. Biggie had nothing to do with that shooting. and Tupac was dead when biggie got killed, so obviously dude wasnt putting hits out from the grave.

Not to get involved with ANOTHER one of these, but Nappy, that isn't true. I read the book that the lead detective wrote on the case, and they WERE connected and there WAS a cover-up. If you don't believe me, read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/LAbyrinth-Detective-Investigates-Implication-Origins/dp/0871138387/sr=1-1/qid=1161108101/ref=sr_1_1/102-9808516-7048913?ie=UTF8&s=books

It details everything. From the cover-ups and "missplaced" evidence in the investigations to Suge Knights involvement, and suspected guilt, with it all, and Suge Knight's bullying and assaulting of key witnesses in the crimes. It's all there, and it's all from the lead investigator in the case.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Not to get involved with ANOTHER one of these, but Nappy, that isn't true. I read the book that the lead detective wrote on the case, and they WERE connected and there WAS a cover-up. If you don't believe me, read this book:

http://www.amazon.com/LAbyrinth-Detective-Investigates-Implication-Origins/dp/0871138387/sr=1-1/qid=1161108101/ref=sr_1_1/102-9808516-7048913?ie=UTF8&s=books

It details everything. From the cover-ups and "missplaced" evidence in the investigations to Suge Knights involvement, and suspected guilt, with it all, and Suge Knight's bullying and assaulting of key witnesses in the crimes. It's all there, and it's all from the lead investigator in the case.

i know, ive heard all that. ive heard 15 different things. ive seen a bunch of people prove it was suge knight, prove it was biggy, prove it was puffy, prove it was a government cover up, etc.

Coral Reefer
10-17-2006, 02:18 PM

Rappers celebrate the violence, talk all kinds of crap about violence and always seem to be right in the middle of violence.

Some just don't get it but it's pretty damn obvious.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Rappers celebrate the violence, talk all kinds of crap about violence and always seem to be right in the middle of violence.

and your point?

tucker
10-17-2006, 02:21 PM
i havent even read this thread yet and i already know who will be in here.

edit: yup i was right

edit2: i guess he must have an album on the way....getting shot is the new promotional tool

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 02:25 PM

edit2: i guess he must have an album on the way....getting shot is the new promotional tool

didnt work to good for Proof, Cam or Obie

dreday
10-17-2006, 02:33 PM

And half the movies that are out today do what?

dreday
10-17-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow lessee, most of you dont even know who Fabolous is, and yet another rapper is trying to kill him.Lets get one thing straight hes not a "gangster" rapper.

Agent51
10-17-2006, 03:00 PM
i know, ive heard all that. ive heard 15 different things. ive seen a bunch of people prove it was suge knight, prove it was biggy, prove it was puffy, prove it was a government cover up, etc.

Regardless of who it was, there is no denying that it had something to do with rap. Now I've made all my points on this subject before, and you've made yours, and I'm not trying to start all that up again. I am just stating that the Biggie/Tupac thing DEFINATELY had to do with rap. While all shootings involving rappers may not (the Fabolous thing just sounds to me like someone tried to rob him, but I could be wrong), that particular one definately did.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 03:03 PM
Regardless of who it was, there is no denying that it had something to do with rap. Now I've made all my points on this subject before, and you've made yours, and I'm not trying to start all that up again. I am just stating that the Biggie/Tupac thing DEFINATELY had to do with rap. While all shootings involving rappers may not (the Fabolous thing just sounds to me like someone tried to rob him, but I could be wrong), that particular one definately did.

i believe the biggie killing had something to do rap, but not pacs.

Coral Reefer
10-17-2006, 03:08 PM
And half the movies that are out today do what?

Yeah well how many of those movie stars PLAYING CHARACTER ROLES do you see out living those roles on the street?

Actors act out roles while rappers ARE their roles.

It's not worth arguing about.
It's just one of those obvious things that people either get or don't get.
Some of you keep pointing that it's not about the rap music itself which is right.
It's what surrounds the rap, the lifestyle of the artists and who they choose to continue to deal with.

When we start seeing movie stars, Rhythm and Blues, rock, jazz, country artists regularly getting involved in shootings and stabbings we'll talk.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 03:11 PM
This thread is hilarious.

Amen. You dont see country singers getting shot.......... (becuz dey r nawt stoopid)

I hope he will be ok...

Ok or not...... Im glad to see natural selection is finally waking up again. :lol:

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:12 PM

Yeah well how many of those movie stars PLAYING CHARACTER ROLES do you see out living those roles on the street?

Actors act out roles while rappers ARE their roles.

It's not worth arguing about.
It's just one of those obvious things that people either get or don't get.

When we start seeing movie stars, Rhythm and Blues, rock, jazz, country artists regularly getting involved in shootings and stabbings we'll talk.
So your point is what?These movies are out there for the public to see.Just because they are playing a "character" doesnt make it clean.Once again Fabolous is not a "gangster" rapper.Im not a gangster and I have a gun for protection.My bro does too.Hes not a gangster.Whats the implication here?

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:33 PM
This thread is hilarious.

Amen. You dont see country singers getting shot.......... (becuz dey r nawt stoopid)

Ok or not...... Im glad to see natural selection is finally waking up again. :lol:
I like how people like to point the finger at rappers and rap music like its the only music that perpetuates things.Ive heard stories of some rock and metal lyrics causing kids to committ suicide,do drugs,sex among other things.Seems ok to the masses.Not much is made of that tho.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 03:36 PM
I like how people like to point the finger at rappers and rap music like its the only music that perpetuates things.Ive heard stories of some rock and metal lyrics causing kids to committ suicide,do drugs,sex among other things.Seems ok to the masses.Not much is made of that tho.

exactly. im sure you could find a lose link between all these school shookings and rock.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM

1) Suicide. I wont touch that and agree with you. However, if music, no matter what genre, is going to "inspire" you to take someones life, wether its metal inspiring suicide or rap inspiring you to shoot someone, I would hope that the person would take his or her own life before someone elses. If you are going to kill someone, it might as well be yourself rather than someone else.

2) Do drugs. :lol: Every type of music has SOME reference to this. Hilarious reference because IM SURE rap would NEVER speak of doing drugs or anything of that nature. I think I still have Dr. Dre 2001 album somewhere in my CD stack. Whats that green leaf on the cover of the album? I think my Snoop album and "The Chronic" are right next to that one.........

3) Sex among other things. :lol: You are joking with this one, right? And this is a bad thing because.............???? Im sure you can find a handful of guys who will swear to Barry White when they want to get some ****.

Comparing rap music inspiring people to shoot other people and other music to inspire people to have sex is absolutely hilarious. Yes, they are both inspiring in their own way, but on COMPLETELY different levels. :sidelol:

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:43 PM
exactly. im sure you could find a lose link between all these school shookings and rock.
Just what I was thinkin Nappy,but nobodys found a way to pin that on rap music yet.It seem when somebody trys to blame rock music for anything,its not the "music" parents should be better parents.Let it be rap or rappers its the music thats causing all this grief.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 03:44 PM
Yup, and we write backwards lyrics that worship satan too! Any other nonsense you want to perpetuate? :rolleyes:

NONE of those suicide cases held up in court. They were all thrown out. It was the parent's way to try to get money off their child's death. If those kids were listening to polka music when they offed themselves, they'd have sued some German oompah band.

Still, nice deflection. I'll reiterate, name me one instance of a rock musician's death being attributed to another rock musician.

And I'm the first one to condemn them, and not stick my head under a pillow and pretend nothing happened and point fingers the other way.

You don't solve problems by pretending they don't exist.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 03:45 PM

Big difference between a "loose" link and an actual influence. I would love to see the direct influence that someone listening to Chumbawumba was directly influenced by their music to go shoot up a school. :lol: Keep defending a lost cause.

Pagan
10-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Just what I was thinkin Nappy,but nobodys found a way to pin that on rap music yet.It seem when somebody trys to blame rock music for anything,its not the "music" parents should be better parents.Let it be rap or rappers its the music thats causing all this grief.
You're going off on a tangent. The discussion isn't about what music causes what behavior in the fans, it's about the artists themselves.

Again, show me where there's ever been an "East Coast vs. West Coast Rock War", and I'll take your comments seriously.

Agent51
10-17-2006, 03:47 PM
Big difference between a "loose" link and an actual influence. I would love to see the direct influence that someone listening to Chumbawumba was directly influenced by their music to go shoot up a school. :lol: Keep defending a lost cause.

Well, to be fair, listening to Chumbawumba made me want to shoot myself in the face....:sidelol:

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
1) Suicide. I wont touch that and agree with you. However, if music, no matter what genre, is going to "inspire" you to take someones life, wether its metal inspiring suicide or rap inspiring you to shoot someone, I would hope that the person would take his or her own life before someone elses. If you are going to kill someone, it might as well be yourself rather than someone else.

2) Do drugs. :lol: Every type of music has SOME reference to this. Hilarious reference because IM SURE rap would NEVER speak of doing drugs or anything of that nature. I think I still have Dr. Dre 2001 album somewhere in my CD stack. Whats that green leaf on the cover of the album? I think my Snoop album and "The Chronic" are right next to that one.........

3) Sex among other things. :lol: You are joking with this one, right? And this is a bad thing because.............???? Im sure you can find a handful of guys who will swear to Barry White when they want to get some ****.

Comparing rap music inspiring people to shoot other people and other music to inspire people to have sex is absolutely hilarious. Yes, they are both inspiring in their own way, but on COMPLETELY different levels. :sidelol:

I agree and never said the other music didnt,my point was in reference to every thread started that people take jabs at rap.Your sex argument read my first sentence.Completely different levels??It is what it is correct?

Pagan
10-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Well, to be fair, listening to Chumbawumba made me want to shoot myself in the face....:sidelol:
Yea..."Tubthumper" made me want to kill a kitten once. :tongue:

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:51 PM
You're going off on a tangent. The discussion isn't about what music causes what behavior in the fans, it's about the artists themselves.

Again, show me where there's ever been an "East Coast vs. West Coast Rock War", and I'll take your comments seriously.
Absolutely,this thread has moved in that direction and it isnt about an East vs. West Coast thing, its about Fabolous getting shot.Nothing to do about that either.Look every time a rapper is shot its not a East Coast West coast thing.

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 03:53 PM

funny, no?classic group :yes:

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 03:56 PM

right, because you can prove rap music as actual influence or something...

keeping pulling **** out of your ***

Philter25
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM

:lol: It did make me want to stab knives in my ears, but I never did because I had enough common sense not to do so. :lol:

305TillIDie
10-17-2006, 03:57 PM
Wow lessee, most of you dont even know who Fabolous is, and yet another rapper is trying to kill him.Lets get one thing straight hes not a "gangster" rapper.Exactly...

when I made this thread, I though i was getting the "I hope he'll be ok after this"

Instead, we are getting "same old same old..rappers shooting each other"

but dont know who the hell is fab..but people comment on him...

dreday
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Yup, and we write backwards lyrics that worship satan too! Any other nonsense you want to perpetuate? :rolleyes:

NONE of those suicide cases held up in court. They were all thrown out. It was the parent's way to try to get money off their child's death. If those kids were listening to polka music when they offed themselves, they'd have sued some German oompah band.

Still, nice deflection. I'll reiterate, name me one instance of a rock musician's death being attributed to another rock musician.

And I'm the first one to condemn them, and not stick my head under a pillow and pretend nothing happened and point fingers the other way.

You don't solve problems by pretending they don't exist.

So because this never held up in court makes it ok?I never said anything about a rock musician killing another rock musicianWhere are you trying to take this?Look there was violence in music before rappers arrived on the scene.And Im not taking a crap on your music so I dont see why ur offended.It is what it is.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 03:58 PM
classic group :yes:

:hi5: that is some goo stuff

@ the **** shop!!!!!!

don't make me say it woman....don't make me say it.......

Philter25
10-17-2006, 04:00 PM
right, because you can prove rap music as actual influence or something...

keeping pulling **** out of your *** For future references, its really hard to take someone seriously when they are cursing at you in a debate. It shows their frustration and lack of knowledge to put down a comprehensive response.

You are correct though, rap music or rap culture has never influenced anyone to shoot anyone else. I'm sure this was an isolated shooting and was a pure coincidence. Again, just natural selection taking its course.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 04:03 PM
For future references, its really hard to take someone seriously when they are cursing at you in a debate. It shows their frustration and lack of knowledge to put down a comprehensive response.

You are correct though, rap music or rap culture has never influenced anyone to shoot anyone else. I'm sure this was an isolated shooting and was a pure coincidence. Again, just natural selection taking its course.

For future reference, im sorry im not a good guy like you, i curse. im a horrible person.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
For future reference, im sorry im not a good guy like you, i curse. im a horrible person.
no, I'd say you are the ****ing good one, and the ****ing ******* that says it is natural selection taking its course is a jealous bigot.

Guess what good sir, natural selection gave this black kid a benz, a house on the hill, and an equity portfolio that would make your parents cry. I'm certain he'll receive the finest medical treatment money can buy. Most likely half of those doctors are of darker skin tone too. Naturally selecting those indian doctors for us an all.

Wonder what Darwin would think of that? Racist.

/sorry, it's why I just make fun of stuff :(

Pagan
10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
So because this never held up in court makes it ok?I never said anything about a rock musician killing another rock musicianWhere are you trying to take this?Look there was violence in music before rappers arrived on the scene.And Im not taking a crap on your music so I dont see why ur offended.It is what it is.
First of all, I'm not offended. I could give a rat's arse what anyone thinks about metal or rock. It doesn't matter.

Second....oh forget about it. Gotta stop banging my head against the wall, it gets nowhere.

Like Philter said, it's an isolated incident, rap doesn't promote violence, yada yada yada....

Continue.

Nappy Roots
10-17-2006, 04:11 PM
bahahahahahah

dreday
10-17-2006, 04:14 PM
And hey I love this site and enjoy being here,but w'ere not getting anywhere by fighting over whos music does what.Its obvious that we have differences in taste of music, but theres really no reason to berate every rapper that gets shot or does something negative.Ive said before if anyone really wants to learn any thing about the rap culture lemme know and I'll start one.Back on topic I hope Fabolous recovers and gets back to doing his music.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 04:16 PM
yeah, me too.

sorry for calling you a racist, Philter. I probably took your
natural selection comment the wrong way. You couldn't possibly be
cheering on genocide.

sorry.

dreday
10-17-2006, 04:17 PM
First of all, I'm not offended. I could give a rat's arse what anyone thinks about metal or rock. It doesn't matter.

Second....oh forget about it. Gotta stop banging my head against the wall, it gets nowhere.

Like Philter said, it's an isolated incident, rap doesn't promote violence, yada yada yada....

Continue.
Im not sure where you heard me say that it doesnt promote violence.Yeah some rap does but not all.Its hard to really say until we have all the facts before we can say another rapper shot him.It could be anything at this point.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 04:21 PM
no, I'd say you are the ****ing good one, and the ****ing ******* that says it is natural selection taking its course is a jealous bigot.

Guess what good sir, natural selection gave this black kid a benz, a house on the hill, and an equity portfolio that would make your parents cry. I'm certain he'll receive the finest medical treatment money can buy. Most likely half of those doctors are of darker skin tone too. Natural selecting those indian doctors for us an all.

Yikes! It was a joke man, not bigotry or racism. I would never want to be a guy who got shot. Im not jealous over that. :lol:

If you want to get technical, Natural Selection is the process or theory that individuals with favorable traits are more likely to survive and reproduce than the ones with unfavorable traits.

Murder = unfavorable trait but yet the guy who gets shot, usually with more favorable traits, is not the one more likely to survive. the shooter, with obvious unfavorable traits, is more likely to survive.

It was sarcasm (and I thought I laid it on pretty thick) and a joke but apparently the first thing that came to your mind was racism. Funny how the ones accused of being racists were not the ones thinking about race in the first place.........and somehow I am the "****ing *******."?

Mike13
10-17-2006, 04:27 PM
I would love to see the direct influence that someone listening to Chumbawumba was directly influenced by their music to go shoot up a school

Must go kill now.

WharfRat
10-17-2006, 05:10 PM

Guess what good sir, natural selection gave this black kid a benz, a house on the hill, and an equity portfolio that would make your parents cry. I'm certain he'll receive the finest medical treatment money can buy. Most likely half of those doctors are of darker skin tone too. Naturally selecting those indian doctors for us an all.

I know that you apologized already.... however.... your remark was out of line and inflammatory. I don't want to see that again.

greatwade
10-17-2006, 05:23 PM
you know what. And I already PM'd Mr. Philter a personal apology. And I know how much you like me already Rat, so I'll be quick and careful.

If that quote above is a joke, I'm a pickle. It might be sarcastic as hell, yes indeed, but taint no joke.

Good day to you both. Again, sorry. Wrong discussion for me. Won't happen again WR.

If you want to get Wikipedia'd, Natural Selection is the process or theory that individuals with favorable traits are more likely to survive and reproduce than the ones with unfavorable traits.

WharfRat
10-17-2006, 05:57 PM
you know what. And I already PM'd Mr. Philter a personal apology. And I know how much you like me already Rat, so I'll be quick and careful.

If that quote above is a joke, I'm a pickle. It might be sarcastic as hell, yes indeed, but taint no joke.

Good day to you both. Again, sorry. Wrong discussion for me. Won't happen again WR.

Wade... I'm not so sure you really do know how I feel about you. You seem to think that I harbor ill will towards you. That, my good man, is certainly not the case. In fact, there was a time when your new friend, Mr Philter, felt the same way as you. We've since established that was indeed a misconception.

As for the post in question... while his initial remark may certainly been in poor taste, it did not require a personal insult on your part. In fact, your post in response did nothing more than inflame the situation.
Understand, my primary responsibility here is to uphold the TOS. While Philter's post could be percieved as crossing the line... yours certainly, without question did so. Hence my non-punitive warning. (emphasis on "non-punitive").

I'm pleased that you worked things out with Philter, that's a good thing IMO.

BTW - one should be careful when claiming one is a pickle in here. D-Day seems to have a strange infatuation with such foods.... :wink:

NJFINSFAN1
10-17-2006, 06:01 PM
Wade... I'm not so sure you really do know how I feel about you. You seem to think that I harbor ill will towards you. That, my good man, is certainly not the case. In fact, there was a time when your new friend, Mr Philter, felt the same way as you. We've since established that was indeed a misconception.

As for the post in question... while his initial remark may certainly been in poor taste, it did not require a personal insult on your part. In fact, your post in response did nothing more than inflame the situation.
Understand, my primary responsibility here is to uphold the TOS. While Philter's post could be percieved as crossing the line... yours certainly, without question did so. Hence my non-punitive warning. (emphasis on "non-punitive").

I'm pleased that you worked things out with Philter, that's a good thing IMO.

BTW - one should be careful when claiming one is a pickle in here. D-Day seems to have a strange infatuation with such foods.... :wink:

That's only Lappys pickle!

Rocky Raccoon
10-17-2006, 06:09 PM
these four guys are scumbags, the guy who shot Pac was a scumbag, just like the guy who shot Dimebag Darell was a scumbag...and that's all it comes down to. What kind of music, or skin color is involved doesn't matter.

Philter25
10-17-2006, 07:28 PM
We're kosher.

Mike13
10-17-2006, 07:36 PM
these four guys are scumbags, the guy who shot Pac was a scumbag, just like the guy who shot Dimebag Darell was a scumbag...and that's all it comes down to. What kind of music, or skin color is involved doesn't matter.

You nailed it.

WharfRat
10-17-2006, 08:46 PM
We're kosher.

:up:

BTW... ironic that you're kosher with someone who says they're a pickle.

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 01:50 AM
LOL...okay, use logic here Nappy.

just to fill you in, on ESPN they said Sebastian Telfair had his chain snatched outside of the club just before Fabolous was shot. looks like a clear robbery attempt imo.

not trying to bring this topic back up, just letting you know.

lazareth
10-18-2006, 02:27 AM
:up:

BTW... ironic that you're kosher with someone who says they're a pickle.
ironic? i find it definately disturbing...

305TillIDie
10-18-2006, 03:15 AM
just to fill you in, on ESPN they said Sebastian Telfair had his chain snatched outside of the club just before Fabolous was shot. looks like a clear robbery attempt imo.

not trying to bring this topic back up, just letting you know.yeah nap..I think it was a robbery attempt too..its good news to hear fab will be straight

WharfRat
10-18-2006, 08:25 AM
ironic? i find it definately disturbing...

:chuckle:

DeathStar
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
honestly i dont give a **** about this person.

mor911
10-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Then why didn't you do what everyone else does when they don't give a **** about you and ignore it.

Stay out of the thread if you don't care. :shakeno:

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 11:27 AM

and im sure if your name was there instead of his, plenty less people would give a **** about you.

good job of making yourself look like a jackass! http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Pagan
10-18-2006, 03:17 PM

not trying to bring this topic back up, just letting you know.
Not trying to bring it back up either...just letting you know also. Just to fill you in, this is from the news today:

After taking the 28-year-old rapper to the hospital, cops searched the vehicle and found two loaded, unlicensed guns - a .380-caliber and .40-caliber - stashed inside secret compartments, sources said. One gun had defaced serial numbers, police said. The Magnum was "outfitted for war, primed to carry guns," a police source said.

Cops were investigating whether the shooting was tied to a beef between Fabolous and thugs from Bedford-Stuyvesant, where he grew up, sources said.

As the four were led from the police station to Central Booking early this morning, they told reporters they didn't see the gunman.

"We ain't seen nothing, man," said Davis.
"I didn't see no shooter," said German
"No," said Fabolous, who walked with a slight limp.

Oh yea...sounds like a simple robbery to me. :rolleyes:

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 07:04 PM
Not trying to bring it back up either...just letting you know also. Just to fill you in, this is from the news today:

Oh yea...sounds like a simple robbery to me. :rolleyes:

K.

even if it wasnt a robbery, it clearly isnt a rapper setting up another rapper. which is what this whole arguement was about. so whats your point?

and guns in secret departments with defaced serial #s means what? i have one that i keep in my dreaser. does that mean im going to war?

FinFan072319
10-18-2006, 07:07 PM
i heard of him he is pretty good

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
K.

even if it wasnt a robbery, it clearly isnt a rapper setting up another rapper. which is what this whole arguement was about. so whats your point?

and guns in secret departments with defaced serial #s means what? i have one that i keep in my dreaser. does that mean im going to war?

also, just because the cops are investigating it, doesnt mean its true. Fabolous and the crew are not going to tell the cops what exactly happend and who it was. their clueless.

the same thing happend when the last rapper was shot in Philly, the cops went through 5 different stories, released 5 different "investiations" including him not really getting shot, it was a robbery, he shot himself, and accidental. they have no clue whats going on.

Philter25
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
K.

Are you really this naive in asking this question? Come on. If you own a gun, you would know why someone would erase the serial numbers on it for......... dont act all smart throughout the whole thread and then pretend like you have no idea why someone would do that.

dreday
10-18-2006, 07:56 PM
I think the best thing to do is wait and see what pans out with the complete investigation.If and when hes charged, etc.Still really no proof of another rapper putting a hit out on him.

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 08:00 PM
Are you really this naive in asking this question? Come on. If you own a gun, you would know why someone would erase the serial numbers on it for......... dont act all smart throughout the whole thread and then pretend like you have no idea why someone would do that.

i know someone would do it, yes. but just cause you have a gun that has it done to it, doesnt mean thats what you have it for.

i bought mine like that. i didnt plan on killing someone with it, unless run up in my house. im sure its the same thing with him, if someone runs up on him like they did, they are going to shoot.

tucker
10-18-2006, 10:21 PM
i was thinking of putting a secret department in my car.. but you wont catch me with a scratched serial # gun

Philter25
10-18-2006, 11:12 PM
i know someone would do it, yes. but just cause you have a gun that has it done to it, doesnt mean thats what you have it for.

i bought mine like that. i didnt plan on killing someone with it, unless run up in my house. im sure its the same thing with him, if someone runs up on him like they did, they are going to shoot.

Im not a gun owner so pardon my ignorance but...

1) When you bought you gun with a scratched out serial number, didnt you have problems when registering your gun?

2) Why else would someone own a gun with scratched serial numbers on it or purchase a gun with scratched serial numbers on it? I dont buy a pack of condoms if I dont think I am getting laid that night........

3) If your age is true, you are 20 years old, why in the world would you need a gun? You cant legally buy a beer, yet you have the need to own a gun with scratched out serial numbers? No offense, but you dont seem like the woodsman/hunting type.

dolphan117
10-18-2006, 11:20 PM
I hope he's OK and that the police are able to make sense of what happened. It bugs me though that Rappers are continually involved in violent acts as perpetrators or victims... In this case Fabolous may have simply been robed in which case it was no fault of his own but it seems that every what? Six months or so? A rapper gets shot and yet there is nothing wrong with the industry. Does that make any sense? I don't see any other music industry's with this type of continuing year after year record of being involved in violent crime.....

And to be clear I'm not saying that every rapper is a thug. That's clearly not the case but the industry as a whole seems to market and attract violence like no other. Its the reason we keep having these threads. People keep getting shot. And the industry doesnt seem to really care, or at least not enough IMO.

King Felix
10-19-2006, 12:07 AM

edit2: i guess he must have an album on the way....getting shot is the new promotional toolyep....next month:lol:

aaaaaaaaand sebastion telfair got his 50,000 dollar chain snatched, the same day i think not sure tho. fab was on the police lineup

Vol&dolfan
10-19-2006, 12:09 AM
A rapper getting shot? Sounds like a broken record to me.

King Felix
10-19-2006, 12:15 AM
A rapper getting shot? Sounds like a broken record to me.another ignorant post about rap? sounds like a broken record to me.

lazareth
10-19-2006, 12:18 AM
i don't know, this all sounds pretty circular to me *shrug*

Vol&dolfan
10-19-2006, 12:19 AM
another ignorant post about rap? sounds like a broken record to me.
Is not it true though. Seem like ever music guy that gets shot is a rapper. I dare u to compare how many rappers has been shot in the last 10 years against all the other kinds of music.

Rocky Raccoon
10-19-2006, 12:20 AM
another ignorant post about rap? sounds like a broken record to me.

well he didn't really say anything about rap itself :tongue:

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Is not it true though. Seem like ever music guy that gets shot is a rapper. I dare u to compare how many rappers has been shot in the last 10 years against all the other kinds of music.why bring a negative post?

If you going to do that, dont comment.. its that simple...

King Felix
10-19-2006, 12:29 AM
get well soon fab.....cant wait for that album in november

Vol&dolfan
10-19-2006, 12:35 AM
why bring a negative post?

Fact is alot of rapper come off the streets and had a hard life. And it seems like they have a hard time getting away from the street ever when they make it big.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Im not a gun owner so pardon my ignorance but...

1) When you bought you gun with a scratched out serial number, didnt you have problems when registering your gun?

2) Why else would someone own a gun with scratched serial numbers on it or purchase a gun with scratched serial numbers on it? I dont buy a pack of condoms if I dont think I am getting laid that night........

3) If your age is true, you are 20 years old, why in the world would you need a gun? You cant legally buy a beer, yet you have the need to own a gun with scratched out serial numbers? No offense, but you dont seem like the woodsman/hunting type.

1) im 20, i cant have a hand gun.

2) some else scatches them off so it doesnt get trased(sp?) back, in case!

3) actually i have been hunting, and own a rifle to. i know what your saying that i dont seem like that type, but my family is still white trash basically.

and in Florida you ant have a hand gun until your 21. so im not exactly takin it hunting. like i said, i dotn plan on using it unless someone ran up in my house. i dont take it out with me, just have it in my dreaser for "protection". i have a fear(sorta) about people comin in my house, thats why i have it. it goes back to when i was a kid...long story

Den54
10-19-2006, 07:11 AM
K.

It means its a Thug's life and him getting shot should surprise no one.

Philter25
10-19-2006, 08:43 AM
another ignorant post about rap? sounds like a broken record to me. Ignorant? There is a line that separates ignorant and truthful. He was on the truthful side. Plus he was talking about rappers, not making a post towards rap. He wasnt making an ignorant stereotype.... if this was an isolated incident, then yes, his comment would be ignorant. However, as we all know, it isnt.

So you are not allowed to post if its not something positive or if you do not agree with his post? His post wasnt attacking anyone and was just stating a basic feeling. If you dont like his post, ignore him or dont read it. You are not the freedom of speech dictator in here. If his post was bashing another member or out of line, then yes, I would agree with you. However just because you disagree with his post doesnt mean he cant comment.

1) im 20, i cant have a hand gun.

2) some else scatches them off so it doesnt get trased(sp?) back, in case!

3) actually i have been hunting, and own a rifle to. i know what your saying that i dont seem like that type, but my family is still white trash basically.

and in Florida you ant have a hand gun until your 21. so im not exactly takin it hunting. like i said, i dotn plan on using it unless someone ran up in my house. i dont take it out with me, just have it in my dreaser for "protection". i have a fear(sorta) about people comin in my house, thats why i have it. it goes back to when i was a kid...long story

1) I figured you didnt have it registered. When you turn 21, you should consider registering it. Something like that is just waiting to be caught and unless you plan on shooting someone with it, its not worth the risk of keeping it in your house unregistered.

2) Exactly. :lol: So it cant be traced back.

3) I didnt have you pegged as a hunter, but I had you pegged as a white kid. Its your right to bear and own a firearm, but do it legally. I still fail to see where someone your age would need to have a hand gun, but I dont know your family or where you grew up or much about you and you dont need to explain yourself to some guy on an internet message board.

Motion
10-19-2006, 08:47 AM

:lol: Yeah cause this thread isn't FULL of those.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 10:06 AM

Nappy come on man...you can't be that blind or naive.

If there isn't overwhelming violence associated with rap, WHY would they need two untraceable guns hidden in secret compartments in their vehicle?

Not exactly the same as having one in your home to protect yourself.

Also, why do the serial numbers need to be removed? No legitimate gun owners I know have the #s removed from their firearms.

Funny thing is, not only do I NOT need to carry a weapon in my car, there aren't any "secret weapon-concealing compartments" in there either.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 10:11 AM
So you are not allowed to post if its not something positive or if you do not agree with his post? His post wasnt attacking anyone and was just stating a basic feeling. If you dont like his post, ignore him or dont read it. You are not the freedom of speech dictator in here. If his post was bashing another member or out of line, then yes, I would agree with you. However just because you disagree with his post doesnt mean he cant comment.
this thread was made because fab was shot and i knew he have fans on this board...people dont have to attack a rapper or rappers just because people dont like their music...thats just uncalled for

tucker
10-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Funny thing is, not only do I NOT need to carry a weapon in my car, there aren't any "secret weapon-concealing compartments" in there either.b/c nobody needs to know where the is hidden...its more of a security measure than anything..plus my car sticks out like a sore thumb

Den54
10-19-2006, 10:20 AM
this thread was made because fab was shot and i knew he have fans on this board...people dont have to attack a rapper or rappers just because people dont like their music...thats just uncalled for

Yes Fab was shot and this is a message board. Its natural to speculate as to the reason why and that leads to other avenues of discussions.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 10:24 AM
b/c nobody needs to know where the is hidden...its more of a security measure than anything..plus my car sticks out like a sore thumb
Okay, not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but what does that have to do with anything?

My car is white with a huge hood scoop and fire engine red striping, 18" chrome bullitt wheels and a loud borla exhaust. Does yours stick out any more than mine?

The point is, why is it necessary to have a weapon in your CAR?

greatwade
10-19-2006, 10:26 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/bunny-1.jpg

rat tat tat tat tat tat

Philter25
10-19-2006, 10:27 AM
Who was attacking anything because they didnt like their music?

All I recall was one poster pointing out something that was based on past experiences in a simple sentence. He wasnt bashing THE RAPPER because he didnt like his music, he simply was stating that the INCIDENT, a rapper getting shot, was like a broken record as we have heard the same story a few times before in the news.

Nothing in his statement was attacking the rapper at all, let alone attacking the rapper because he didnt like his music. :lol:

I dont know where you pulled that one from, but consider it a failed attempt at trying to twist his post into something else.

From what I gathered on here, no one has stated they have a problem with Fabolous because of his music. They have a problem with the incident.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
Okay, not trying to be antagonistic or anything, but what does that have to do with anything?

My car is white with a huge hood scoop and fire engine red striping, 18" chrome bullitt wheels and a loud borla exhaust. Does yours stick out any more than mine?

The point is, why is it necessary to have a weapon in your CAR.its a thing called protection

Fab is a big star in the hip hop industry and he should have some kind of protection when he goes out

Philter25
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
The point is, why is it necessary to have a weapon in your CAR?
Protection incase something happens silly!

The real question is why is it necessary to have a hidden weapon in your car with the serial numbers scratched off.

If a gun is needed for protection, your intentions are not to use the gun unless you feel attacked or your life is in danger. Thats self defense and you would not care if the gun could be traced because you were using it in self defense...... however thats not the situation that was reported to be found. Hidden guns with scratched off serial numbers are used for drive by's or shootings or whatever else where if the cops get posession of the gun, the have trouble tracing it back to you. If your gun was truly being used for protection and not a possible crime, you would not need to hide it or car if cops could trace it back to you.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 10:32 AM
its a thing called protection

Fab is a big star in the hip hop industry and he should have some kind of protection when he goes out
BINGO! You've just crystalized my point! Finally someone admits that there's a problem and doesn't hide their head. Bravo, sir!

Go back to the very first post I made in this thread...where I said that it was STUPID that these guys keep shooting each other. Whether or not it was another rapper behind who shot him, the FACT is that these rap guys keep getting shot.

It's STUPID, and it will KEEP happening until they either ALL get shot or someone does something about it. However, FAR too many people would rather pretend nothing is wrong or make excuses.

mor911
10-19-2006, 10:38 AM
ok... I try to stay out of these things, but here my 2 cents.

I have a weapon in my car. All the time. I don't consider myself a killer. I do have proper documentation for it and it's completely legal (sometimes when I get pulled over, the cop complements my steel :lol: ). My point is that I've seen some horrible things happen on the streets of Miami and it makes me personally feel safer to have my gun in the car.

Yes, I listen to rap music. Does that influence my choice? no. My point is that being a rapper can or cannot have anything to do with the guns. I'm normal ol' Mor, and I have one. I consoder myself a very peaceful person.

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 10:40 AM
BINGO! You've just crystalized my point! Finally someone admits that there's a problem and doesn't hide their head. Bravo, sir!

Go back to the very first post I made in this thread...where I said that it was STUPID that these guys keep shooting each other. Whether or not it was another rapper behind who shot him, the FACT is that these rap guys keep getting shot.

It's STUPID, and it will KEEP happening until they either ALL get shot or someone does something about it. However, FAR too many people would rather pretend nothing is wrong or make excuses.lets get this straight...its not the rappers thats shooting though..its people thats trying to rob rappers thats shooting

I believe stars in general should has protection..whether its rap stars, rock stars, sport stars...they are more in risk to get robbed then your average person

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 10:43 AM

I have a weapon in my car. All the time. I don't consider myself a killer. I do have proper documentation for it and it's completely legal (sometimes when I get pulled over, the cop complements my steel :lol: ). My point is that I've seen some horrible things happen on the streets of Miami and it makes me personally feel safer to have my gun in the car.

Yes, I listen to rap music. Does that influence my choice? no. My point is that being a rapper can or cannot have anything to do with the guns. I'm normal ol' Mor, and I have one. I consoder myself a very peaceful person.I agree...you should have protect in your car if you chose to

Motion
10-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I agree...you should have protect in your car if you chose to

Legal protection, which I think is the point some of these guys are trying to make.

Philter25
10-19-2006, 10:52 AM

Yes, I listen to rap music. Does that influence my choice? no. My point is that being a rapper can or cannot have anything to do with the guns. I'm normal ol' Mor, and I have one. I consoder myself a very peaceful person.

Good post.

Its your legal right to be able to bear a weapon but you need to do it the legal way. I also listen to some rap music and I agree, the rap I listen to has nothing to do with guns and violence.

People, like myself, are not fed up with rap music and we are not in this post trying to bring down rap music. We are irritated at the situation and irritated how some people will defend the situation without seeing or being able to admit what is wrong.

Legal protection, which I think is the point some of these guys are trying to make.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with LEGAL protection. Its our right as an American to have it. HOWEVER, as I stated in my previous post, weapons for LEGAL protection are not in a secret compartment with the serial numbers scratched out. If the cops found a registered gun in his car, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with it. However, as reported, that is not the case.

Philter25
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
I believe stars in general should has protection..whether its rap stars, rock stars, sport stars...they are more in risk to get robbed then your average person :lol: Yea right.

The only reason you feel that way is because whats reported on the news and what people talk about are only the instances when it happens to celebrities.

Come on. People get robbed here in DC daily. Im sure it is the same with every other city in America. For every 500 regular people who get robbed, one celebrity does. I watch the local news at night, at LEAST (and sometimes much more) once a week someone is shot or killed in a mugging here in DC. We dont have celebrities getting shot at that rate.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 10:58 AM
People, like myself, are not fed up with rap music and we are not in this post trying to bring down rap music. We are irritated at the situation and irritated how some people will defend the situation without seeing or being able to admit what is wrong.
Excellent post.

dreday
10-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Excellent post.
I think thats the misconception here and thats why this thread continues.

Rocky Raccoon
10-19-2006, 11:07 AM
reading through the last few pages of this thread, one thing I've noticed is you would think they would make guns where you can't erase the serial number, no?

305TillIDie
10-19-2006, 11:09 AM
:lol: Yea right.

The only reason you feel that way is because whats reported on the news and what people talk about are only the instances when it happens to celebrities.

Come on. People get robbed here in DC daily. Im sure it is the same with every other city in America. For every 500 regular people who get robbed, one celebrity does. I watch the local news at night, at LEAST (and sometimes much more) once a week someone is shot or killed in a mugging here in DC. We dont have celebrities getting shot at that rate.I cant post my thoughts on this subject?

now my opinion is off the news..wow..thats pretty funny

If im going somewhere, I will have my protection..I will protect myself..thats what fab did

Philter25
10-19-2006, 12:20 PM
I cant post my thoughts on this subject?

now my opinion is off the news..wow..thats pretty funny

If im going somewhere, I will have my protection..I will protect myself..thats what fab did

You can post your thoughts, Im just trying to get you to see things from a different angle.

Again, to regurgitate the last paragraph of what you quoted, Im willing to bet that FAR more average American's get robbed over celebrities.

You can have your protection if you are going somewhere, Fab just didnt do it legally. You keep referring to protection but you still fail to see what I posted before:

The real question is why is it necessary to have a hidden weapon in your car with the serial numbers scratched off.

If a gun is needed for protection, your intentions are not to use the gun unless you feel attacked or your life is in danger. Thats self defense and you would not care if the gun could be traced because you were using it in self defense...... however thats not the situation that was reported to be found. Hidden guns with scratched off serial numbers are used for drive by's or shootings or whatever else where if the cops get posession of the gun, the have trouble tracing it back to you. If your gun was truly being used for protection and not a possible crime, you would not need to hide it or car if cops could trace it back to you.

A gun for protection you dont need to hide and cover up. Look at Mor's post, THAT is having protection. I agree and support that 100%. You keep sticking to this whole "protection" argument but you are completely ignoring the facts reported by the police.

Philter25
10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
reading through the last few pages of this thread, one thing I've noticed is you would think they would make guns where you can't erase the serial number, no? If a serial number is etched in metal, there are numerous ways you can scratch or edit it out. I completely agree with what you are saying, however unless the serial number is required for the gun to fire, I dont see a way manufacturers can permanently have serial numbers on weapons.

But again, thats why we have laws and most people obey the laws. If people OBEY THE LAW, then this discussion becomes moot because people would have no reason to erase the serial numbers. :lol:

Apparently some people still can not see that is one of the things that is LEGALLY WRONG with the incident yet they refuse to acknowledge it and still try to defend it.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:29 PM
b/c nobody needs to know where the is hidden...its more of a security measure than anything..plus my car sticks out like a sore thumb

you still got that Mag? that ***** is clean. http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.stuntgrunts.com/sections/photo_gallery/bunny.jpg

rat tat tat tat tat tat

lmao. exactly.

at what point do mods step in? i mean, incase THEY forgot, a mod did tell people to stay out of rap threads if you dont like rap. aint ****in rocket science.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:35 PM

exactly. and when i turn 21, i plan on registering one and keepin it in my car to. i just cant afford any trouble right now, so i dont keep mine in my car right now. not that my streets are like miami's, but alot of **** happens here to, and id feel alot safer.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Good post.

Its your legal right to be able to bear a weapon but you need to do it the legal way. I also listen to some rap music and I agree, the rap I listen to has nothing to do with guns and violence.

Thank you.

There is nothing wrong with LEGAL protection. Its our right as an American to have it. HOWEVER, as I stated in my previous post, weapons for LEGAL protection are not in a secret compartment with the serial numbers scratched out. If the cops found a registered gun in his car, there would be absolutely nothing wrong with it. However, as reported, that is not the case.

how do you know Fabolous doesnt have a felony on his record?

Pagan
10-19-2006, 12:43 PM
lmao. exactly.

at what point do mods step in? i mean, incase THEY forgot, a mod did tell people to stay out of rap threads if you dont like rap. aint ****in rocket science.
Unless I'm reading something wrong, the title of this thread starts with "Breaking News:", not "only rap fans post here."

If you didn't want any other opinions, maybe it should have been posted in the Official Rap Thread, no?

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Unless I'm reading something wrong, the title of this thread starts with "Breaking News:", not "only rap fans post here."

If you didn't want any other opinions, maybe it should have been posted in the Official Rap Thread, no?

guess we should be confined to 1 thread right? i see.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 12:57 PM
guess we should be confined to 1 thread right? i see.
Nappy, stop reading into things that aren't there. I said that when you start a thread with "Breaking News:", everyone's gunna jump in.

Or should only Australian wildlife experts have posted in the thread about Steve Irwin's death? C'mon man, stop being ridiculous.

And it seems you're right....it WAS a robbery. But not what YOU thought.

From today's paper:

October 19, 2006 -- Cops are investigating whether a man who snatched Boston Celtic star Sebastian Telfair's $50,000 gold necklace was part of rapper Fabolous' crew - and if the robbery sparked the shooting of the hip-hop artist, sources said yesterday.

A witness at the restaurant told The Post Telfair loudly complained of being robbed, but when asked by security if he wanted to call police, he said no. He then got on his cellphone and was heard telling someone, "Get over here and take care of it," and left.

Police said some members of the golden-tongued rhymer's crew - known as the "Street Family" - have been involved in a tit-for-tat war of medallion theft with other gangs around Bedford-Stuyvesant's Brevoort Houses where the rapper grew up, and had many enemies.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Nappy, stop reading into things that aren't there. I said that when you start a thread with "Breaking News:", everyone's gunna jump in.

im not reading into anything. im just sayin, it seems kinda unfair that rap fans should be confined to 1 thread. no reading at all.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:02 PM
And it seems you're right....it WAS a robbery. But not what YOU thought.

From today's paper:

lmao. thats funny if true. ive met Sebastian, one of my boys is good friends with him. he has a house here in bradenton, and he has ALOT of connections no doubt. wouldnt surprise me really.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 01:08 PM
im not reading into anything. im just sayin, it seems kinda unfair that rap fans should be confined to 1 thread. no reading at all.
No one is saying you should be confined to one thread, but it's also equally unfair to say that only rap fans can comment on a news story. :wink:

Den54
10-19-2006, 01:09 PM
how do you know Fabolous doesnt have a felony on his record?

A rapper thats also a convicted felon?
What are the odds?:lol: Come on Nappy you have to do better then that.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:10 PM
No one is saying you should be confined to one thread, but it's also equally unfair to say that only rap fans can comment on a news story. :wink:

true, but when people have a past in rap threads, it happens. its like saying TO shouldnt argue with coaches because of his past.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:12 PM

and then below is the people and reason why really only rap fans should be aloud in rap threads. there is a reason a mod said stay out before. its just stupid **** like this....

A rapper thats also a convicted felon?
What are the odds?:lol: Come on Nappy you have to do better then that.

Den54
10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
and then below is the people and reason why really only rap fans should be aloud in rap threads. there is a reason a mod said stay out before. its just stupid **** like this....

Yeah considering you support the right for a rapper who may or may not be a convicted felon to carry an unregistered gun with no serial#s hidden in his car. Rich.

Philter25
lmao. exactly.

:lol: You cant be serious.....

exactly. and when i turn 21, i plan on registering one and keepin it in my car to. i just cant afford any trouble right now, so i dont keep mine in my car right now. not that my streets are like miami's, but alot of **** happens here to, and id feel alot safer.
Im glad to hear that. Smart move and you are saving yourself a lot of potential trouble by doing that.

how do you know Fabolous doesnt have a felony on his record? Huh? Where did that come from? I never said that.

lmao. thats funny if true. ive met Sebastian, one of my boys is good friends with him. he has a house here in bradenton, and he has ALOT of connections no doubt. wouldnt surprise me really. Funny if true!?!?!?! So its funny that someone stole someones necklace, and then someone shot someone! I dont find that funny, I find that stupid. I guess my sense of humor just isnt the same.....

Pagan
But bro, you shouldn't be so sensitive to that. First off, I think he was joking around, and second...you know how many heavy metal/devil worshipper comments I have to deal with on a daily basis? Wouldn't be said if there wasn't some truth involved.

Same goes with the rap/criminal thing. Even you can't deny that. Look at 50 Cent for f's sake. He's made a CAREER out of letting people know he's a former criminal.

Den54
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
But bro, you shouldn't be so sensitive to that. First off, I think he was joking around, and second...you know how many heavy metal/devil worshipper comments I have to deal with on a daily basis? Wouldn't be said if there wasn't some truth involved.

Same goes with the rap/criminal thing. Even you can't deny that. Look at 50 Cent for f's sake. He's made a CAREER out of letting people know he's a former criminal.

Exactly.:D

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Huh? Where did that come from? I never said that.

Funny if true!?!?!?! So its funny that someone stole someones necklace, and then someone shot someone! I dont find that funny, I find that stupid. I guess my sense of humor just isnt the same.....

im not saying you said that, im just saying. you cant have a registered hand gun if you have a felony on your record can you? so.......

and how the hell is that not funny?

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 01:24 PM

of course there is truth to it, plenty of rappers have records. but im sure i can go down a looong list of rockers with felonies to. so why make a stupid comment like that.

and 50 Cent didnt make a career of our being a criminal. he made a career off of being a great rapper(at one time) with TONS of appeal including his image(which is also hurt and talk about repeatally for snitching). but, there are plenty of dudes out there with a rap sheet much longer then 50 cents. and have never even went gold. its a misconception that if your a criminal your going to sell, and a misconception that if your going to get shot your going to sell...

Philter25
10-19-2006, 01:34 PM
No one is saying you should be confined to one thread, but it's also equally unfair to say that only rap fans can comment on a news story. :wink: Well put.

Truthfully, this story really has a lot more to do with the incident, right vs wrong, and legal vs illegal than it does with rap.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
of course there is truth to it, plenty of rappers have records. but im sure i can go down a looong list of rockers with felonies to. so why make a stupid comment like that.
I'm sure you can too, more than likely all for doing drugs. I can't think of one that has a violence record against them.

and 50 Cent didnt make a career of our being a criminal. he made a career off of being a great rapper(at one time) with TONS of appeal including his image(which is also hurt and talk about repeatally for snitching).
but, there are plenty of dudes out there with a rap sheet much longer then 50 cents. and have never even went gold. its a misconception that if your a criminal your going to sell, and a misconception that if your going to get shot your going to sell...
No one said that. At least not me. BUT, you have to admit....ALOT of rappers use that "thug life" angle. In that sense, they are trying to sell by playing on their criminal past (or present).

Philter25
10-19-2006, 01:46 PM
im not saying you said that, im just saying. you cant have a registered hand gun if you have a felony on your record can you? so.......

and how the hell is that not funny?

You are correct, LEGALLY you cant have a registered gun if you are a criminal. Its against the law to do so. Apparently in your view, rappers are exempt from that law and its ok though. There are laws in the US to protect people. Lawmakers just dont sit around and think "how can I tick off the general public with a law today..."

This is the main thing that bothers me.... my debate has nothing to do with rap music. It has to do with whats legal vs illegal and right and wrong and the incident and how you keep defending the incident like its ok without even acknowledging the LEGALITY of the matter.

You think someone can go to court and say "Yea I broke the law, but Im a rapper and I need to carry an unregistered gun around with the serial numbers etched out for protection" and he would win?

And yes, I am dead serious when I say I dont think this matter is funny. Incidents like this that are in the public viewpoint only strengthen stereotypes against rappers and minorities. People only seem to remember the bad incidents and never the good ones. Celebrities, no matter how big or small, are always a roll model or icon to someone. Incidents like this show people that "hey, that celebrity is breaking the law, and was involved in a shooting, he's a celebrity, so I guess thats ok." It seems to be all cyclical in this culture and although its wrong and illegal, its accepted as OK and even sometimes celebrated. This constant cycle just cultivates stereotypes. This is what irritates me and what bothers me........

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 02:00 PM
No one said that. At least not me. BUT, you have to admit....ALOT of rappers use that "thug life" angle. In that sense, they are trying to sell by playing on their criminal past (or present).

yea, alot of people do project the thug image. actors as most would say. alot of rappers dont though, such as kanye west, common, etc. the problem is, the thug music helps sell. its not the image that sells, but if you dont have the image and your rapping about it, your not goin to be taken seriously. but who am i to care? im a fan that wants to be entertained.

i dont think you'll see a single rap fan that claims rap doesnt potray alot of violence. but as ive said before, there isnt violence because of rap, theres violence, and rappers then potray it.

50 cent was selling herion and different types of drugs because rap, and because he thought it would help his rap career.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
You are correct, LEGALLY you cant have a registered gun if you are a criminal. Its against the law to do so. Apparently in your view, rappers are exempt from that law and its ok though. There are laws in the US to protect people. Lawmakers just dont sit around and think "how can I tick off the general public with a law today..."

This is the main thing that bothers me.... my debate has nothing to do with rap music. It has to do with whats legal vs illegal and right and wrong and the incident and how you keep defending the incident like its ok without even acknowledging the LEGALITY of the matter.

You think someone can go to court and say "Yea I broke the law, but Im a rapper and I need to carry an unregistered gun around with the serial numbers etched out for protection" and he would win?

And yes, I am dead serious when I say I dont think this matter is funny. Incidents like this that are in the public viewpoint only strengthen stereotypes against rappers and minorities. People only seem to remember the bad incidents and never the good ones. Celebrities, no matter how big or small, are always a roll model or icon to someone. Incidents like this show people that "hey, that celebrity is breaking the law, and was involved in a shooting, he's a celebrity, so I guess thats ok." It seems to be all cyclical in this culture and although its wrong and illegal, its accepted as OK and even sometimes celebrated. This constant cycle just cultivates stereotypes. This is what irritates me and what bothers me........

i dunno. i guess i find it funny because i know sebastian(not friends with him, but i KNOW him and how he is), and who he has connects to. so its funny to hear it. whether its right of wrong, its how street life is and how most on the streets were brought up. you do something to me, im going to do something to you. so, you snatch my chain, and your going to pay.

Pagan
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
i dunno. i guess i find it funny because i know sebastian(not friends with him, but i KNOW him and how he is), and who he has connects to. so its funny to hear it. whether its right of wrong, its how street life is and how most on the streets were brought up. you do something to me, im going to do something to you. so, you snatch my chain, and your going to pay.
Yea, I know all about it. Raised in Little Italy and then moved to the Bronx so we had the same code.

Only difference is that we beat the snot out of someone who did that...we didn't shoot him.

Big difference.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Yea, I know all about it. Raised in Little Italy and then moved to the Bronx so we had the same code.

Only difference is that we beat the snot out of someone who did that...we didn't shoot him.

Big difference.

i know. believe me, i grew up fighting. and i have no problem with fighting, so i agree with you.

problem is now after genarations, its hard to find someone that would just fight. your going to go fight these dudes that you know have guns? your not going to do it. so you bring guns to, and it just esculades. its hard to find someone around here with a gun of some sort, be it for protection or other reasons. so its got to the point no a days where instead of you hearing about your boy gettin into a fight, you hear him gettin shot at or a gun pulled on him. like ive said, i dont carry guns on me cause im not stupid. but im glad im cool with some people that do, cause they can sure as hell get you out of jams.

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 05:08 PM

Does that make it right????

phinpunk14
10-19-2006, 05:11 PM

that's what i was thinking.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:14 PM

does it make it right to speed cause your late to work?

its called life. people break rules, laws everyday. the streets aint right.

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 05:16 PM

Speeding= Shooting:eek: :eek:

man your stretching it now!

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Speeding= Shooting:eek: :eek:

man your stretching it now!

yup i said that.

good job. you caught me

lazareth
10-19-2006, 05:23 PM
can't we all just...get along?

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 05:24 PM
can't we all just...get along?

No, now watch it, you might get run over or shot!

HysterikiLL
10-19-2006, 05:26 PM
the streets aint right.

You tell 'em homie!

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:27 PM
No, now watch it, you might get run over or shot!

damn. keep them unbelievably hilarious jokes coming. youll have everyone rollin

NJFINSFAN1
10-19-2006, 05:29 PM
damn. keep them unbelievably hilarious jokes coming. youll have everyone rollin

Everyone but you!:wink:

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Everyone but you!:wink:

im sure :wink:

Den54
10-19-2006, 05:32 PM
You tell 'em homie!

http://www.drhugi.ch/Homepage/Rapper%20Hugi.jpg

Hey you can get a cap busted in your rear on the streets of Bradenton.:sidelol:

HysterikiLL
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM

Word, yo. It's hard out here for a pimp.

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:35 PM

damn yall love to talk huh

Pagan
10-19-2006, 05:38 PM
C'mon Nappy, lighten up a little. They're just playing with you.

Den54
10-19-2006, 05:38 PM
damn yall love to talk huh

Well considering I've lived in Bradenton on and off over the years I can testify that its no Compton.:D

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Well considering I've lived in Bradenton on and off over the years I can testify that its no Compton.:D

yup, definitly isnt. who said it was?

Philter25
10-20-2006, 08:25 AM

Im glad someone else posted. I was getting really worried Pagan and I were the only ones who saw what was inherently wrong with this debate.

Breaking a law where you get a 75 dollar citation and breaking a law where you go to jail are not really on the same level. Thats like comparing Ray Lucas to Dan Marino...... they are both quarterbacks, but nowhere near the same level.

yup, definitly isnt. who said it was? I was going to ask this question earlier but I thought I would be out of line. Since its been brought up now I guess I will..... what is Bradenton like? You said you are worried about people coming into your home and you have a gun in your dresser and you are only 20 years old. Then you were talking about:

problem is now after genarations, its hard to find someone that would just fight. your going to go fight these dudes that you know have guns? your not going to do it. so you bring guns to, and it just esculades. its hard to find someone around here with a gun of some sort, be it for protection or other reasons. so its got to the point no a days where instead of you hearing about your boy gettin into a fight, you hear him gettin shot at or a gun pulled on him. like ive said, i dont carry guns on me cause im not stupid. but im glad im cool with some people that do, cause they can sure as hell get you out of jams.

Then you keep talking about "livin on the streets" and the "streets aint right" which confuses me. Most people that live by me that "live on the streets" dont have computer access to out up 10,000+ posts on an internet message board.

You make it seem like Bradenton is the ghetto and you live a hard life and I dont understand because I have never lived it. I didnt want to comment or ask since I have never lived in Florida, but im curious to how Bradenton compares Southeast DC.....

Respectfully, (I dont mean to insult you in any way) I had you pegged as a little white kid who wears baggy pants, xtra large T-shirts, a black baseball cap on slightly sideways, owns a gun, thinks he lives the hard thug life on the streets when really he has a family, a roof over his head, 3 solid meals a day, and enough money to afford an internet connection. Am I close or way off base?

Motion
10-20-2006, 08:29 AM
Im glad someone else posted. I was getting really worried Pagan and I were the only ones who saw what was inherently wrong with this debate.
:wave:

But its "funny" now so no big deal.

Majpain
10-20-2006, 09:40 AM
They think Sabestian Telfair *sp shot him.

Motion
10-20-2006, 09:43 AM
They think Sabestian Telfair *sp shot him.

I heard he called some guys to come do it, isn't that funny?

Majpain
10-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I heard he called some guys to come do it, isn't that funny?

Either way it was over a 50,000 stolen necklace.

Majpain
10-20-2006, 09:51 AM
i believe the biggie killing had something to do rap, but not pacs.

Both were horrible. 2 of the greatest rappers ever.

Den54
10-20-2006, 10:22 AM

Breaking a law where you get a 75 dollar citation and breaking a law where you go to jail are not really on the same level. Thats like comparing Ray Lucas to Dan Marino...... they are both quarterbacks, but nowhere near the same level.

I was going to ask this question earlier but I thought I would be out of line. Since its been brought up now I guess I will..... what is Bradenton like? You said you are worried about people coming into your home and you have a gun in your dresser and you are only 20 years old. Then you were talking about:

Then you keep talking about "livin on the streets" and the "streets aint right" which confuses me. Most people that live by me that "live on the streets" dont have computer access to out up 10,000+ posts on an internet message board.

You make it seem like Bradenton is the ghetto and you live a hard life and I dont understand because I have never lived it. I didnt want to comment or ask since I have never lived in Florida, but im curious to how Bradenton compares Southeast DC.....

Respectfully, (I dont mean to insult you in any way) I had you pegged as a little white kid who wears baggy pants, xtra large T-shirts, a black baseball cap on slightly sideways, owns a gun, thinks he lives the hard thug life on the streets when really he has a family, a roof over his head, 3 solid meals a day, and enough money to afford an internet connection. Am I close or way off base?

Excellent post, spot on. I have the same concerns and agree with your comparisons.

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Excellent post, spot on. I have the same concerns and agree with your comparisons.

Can't argue about Philters post at all.

But won't go as far with what he thinks Nappy is like, I don't know him, so I would not try and say what he is like. I just think he does not really understand right from wrong. Maybe he will change when he gets a family of his own, I don't think he is a bad guy.

mor911
10-20-2006, 11:25 AM
I think it's completely based on your surroundings in your life while growing up and currently.

I'll use The Mor as the example. I think I'm a friendly person and I think I'm easy to get along with. I have 6000+ posts on this message board. These are things I think people who speak with me can pick up easily.

I also grew up in a neighborhood called Carol City in Miami. Not exacly Compton (never been there, I'm going off of the "idea" of Compton), but it's not Mr. Roger's neighborhood either. The Mor has been arrested a few times... Things ranging from drug charges as a minor to grand theft auto (never tried as an adult). I wasn't a good kid. My family had it very tough... My older brother spent pretty much his whole life in prison and I lost my younger brother to a gun (or the moron holding it).

I consider myself a very protective and street smart person. I also think I've grown a lot and a very logical person. Like I posted earlier, I do (and always will) carry a firearm with me. It's a protection thing I guess.

My point? Don't let Nappy's persona, friendliness, age, skin color, location, or anything else judge what he's been through so that he feels the way he does... I've never been to his town, but I've learned that every town has a ****ty side.

NJFINSFAN1
10-20-2006, 11:37 AM
I think it's completely based on your surroundings in your life while growing up and currently.

I'll use The Mor as the example. I think I'm a friendly person and I think I'm easy to get along with. I have 6000+ posts on this message board. These are things I think people who speak with me can pick up easily.

I also grew up in a neighborhood called Carol City in Miami. Not exacly Compton (never been there, I'm going off of the "idea" of Compton), but it's not Mr. Roger's neighborhood either. The Mor has been arrested a few times... Things ranging from drug charges as a minor to grand theft auto (never tried as an adult). I wasn't a good kid. My family had it very tough... My older brother spent pretty much his whole life in prison and I lost my younger brother to a gun (or the moron holding it).

I consider myself a very protective and street smart person. I also think I've grown a lot and a very logical person. Like I posted earlier, I do (and always will) carry a firearm with me. It's a protection thing I guess.

My point? Don't let Nappy's persona, friendliness, age, skin color, location, or anything else judge what he's been through so that he feels the way he does... I've never been to his town, but I've learned that every town has a ****ty side.

Good post.

My point is more a right and wrong thing. And to compare speeding with someone shooting somebody is just absurd!

Philter25
10-20-2006, 11:43 AM
Just to clarify, the last paragraph in my post was not meant to judge anyone in anyway. That was not my intention at all nor is the direction I would like this thread to go into.

It was more an attempt to get him to see things in a different light. I dont know him or anything about him at all, so it was a complete guess on my part. I do have intentions with the last paragraph, I wont tell them until Nappy replies, I could be completely off base and have no idea what I was talking about, but it was not meant to judge him in any way at all.

Nappy Roots
10-20-2006, 12:15 PM

no ones comparing the to. but neither is right.

I was going to ask this question earlier but I thought I would be out of line. Since its been brought up now I guess I will..... what is Bradenton like? You said you are worried about people coming into your home and you have a gun in your dresser and you are only 20 years old. Then you were talking about:

no, see, this whole thread wasnt about me. but some how gets on me? Bradenton has its rough parts just like any other city. so i do know that its like. fact is in the past year, there is alot of drug wars going on. and i know people that rob, and i dont know a bunch of other people that do it to. hell, i made a thread a while ago about my next door neighbor shootin the swat member on a drug raid.

and lets get this straight, ive never said i live on the streets. i said that streets aint right because i know. i dont live it, but i witness it plenty. again, we went from talkin about this rapper and rap, to talkin about me? how?

and i have a computer because i got some help coming out of high school from my uncle. and posting is sort of a way to keep me out of trouble. sports kept me out of trouble in high school, now, im not really doin ****.

i figure alot of people have me pegged as that. i could careless really cause no one knows me, so i have to expect people to not know me. your pretty far off base. 1, i own a gun in my house to protect me and my family. if i thought i lived the thug life i would carry it around for no reason. 2, i provide my roof, meals and internet because im the only one makin any damn money. truth is, i live with my grandparents who dont work and dont get enough money to pay all the bills. i dont live with my mom because of many reasons, 1 being i would have to sleep on a coach. i dont live with my dad because hes a ********er.

i pay most the rent, the phone bill, the internet, the cable, and give them money for groceries. i wish i had a family to support me. instead im 20 years old and supporting my 2 grandparents who cant support them selves because of different diseases(arthritis and cancer)

and actually im a white boy that wears baggy pants and alot of collared shirts. i dont have a grill, even though most my boys do, i dont carry a gun, even though most my boys do, i dont have a car sittin on rims with bass. believe, you dont know anyone like me. you dont know anyone that you can compare me to. but again i ask, why is this all the sudden about me. and why the **** did i take my time to explain myself on the internet? http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Nappy Roots
10-20-2006, 12:30 PM

thank you. good post.

truth be told, before i had this job i got right now, to make money for my family, i got involved with drugs to.(not doin them lol) this a huge reason i have a gun. ive been robbed a few times(main reason i stopped) ive had like 1100 dollars took from me, while i have a gun to the back of my head. and no i didnt start doing it because of rap. i started doing it because it was easy access to them and easy money. alot of different things happen when drugs are involved and ive seen alot of it. thats what i mean when i say ive witnessed it.

Nappy Roots
10-20-2006, 12:31 PM
Good post.

My point is more a right and wrong thing. And to compare speeding with someone shooting somebody is just absurd!

who compared the 2? cause i definitly did not.

Nappy Roots
10-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Can't argue about Philters post at all.

But won't go as far with what he thinks Nappy is like, I don't know him, so I would not try and say what he is like. I just think he does not really understand right from wrong. Maybe he will change when he gets a family of his own, I don't think he is a bad guy.

no, i know right from wrong. if i didnt, i would be doing alot of wrong in my life. i think the thing is, ive seen so much wrong in my life, i just brush it off. like its no big deal.

Majpain
10-20-2006, 08:31 PM
thank you. good post.

truth be told, before i had this job i got right now, to make money for my family, i got involved with drugs to.(not doin them lol) this a huge reason i have a gun. ive been robbed a few times(main reason i stopped) ive had like 1100 dollars took from me, while i have a gun to the back of my head. and no i didnt start doing it because of rap. i started doing it because it was easy access to them and easy money. alot of different things happen when drugs are involved and ive seen alot of it. thats what i mean when i say ive witnessed it.

You and my Bro have alot of things in common. He can relate 100% with you.