PDA

View Full Version : Who's the biggest choke artist?

FireFinFan
10-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Who's the biggest choke artist of all time?

We all know both Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the biggest chokers in the business, but which one is the bigger? Is it Danny boy, the man who holds almost every passing record but choked away all the big games. Or is it Peyton Manning, the man who broke Marino's great TD record and yet still can't even get his sorry *** into the Super Bowl.

Now before you start, I know this is clearly unfair. Yes, Dan Marino is already retired and already made his mark as a probably the biggest choker of all time, but we can't leave little Peyton out can we?

Please Fishies, don't be biased...

muscle979
10-18-2006, 01:02 AM
Choker? So I guess Dan was supposed to go out onto the field and tackle Thurman Thomas. It must have been his job to stop Joe Montana and Jerry Rice too. Dang, if only he would have known.

like2god
10-18-2006, 01:16 AM
Wow, this thread really took off. :rolleyes2

I see that you used both of your user names to vote for Marino. :shakeno:

It must really suck to be you, huh Jake?

Colorado Dolfan
10-18-2006, 01:44 AM

We all know both Dan Marino and Peyton Manning are the biggest chokers in the business, but which one is the bigger? Is it Danny boy, the man who holds almost every passing record but choked away all the big games. Or is it Peyton Manning, the man who broke Marino's great TD record and yet still can't even get his sorry *** into the Super Bowl.

Now before you start, I know this is clearly unfair. Yes, Dan Marino is already retired and already made his mark as a probably the biggest choker of all time, but we can't leave little Peyton out can we?

Please Fishies, don't be biased...

I was going to say you, but then I heard you have no gag reflex...:eek:

GoBills24
10-18-2006, 01:54 AM

Yeah, vote under 2 names, what a crock that is!

:couch:

BwanaZulia
10-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Manning because he has much more weapons (offense and defense) and has had many more opportunities.

BZ

B-lo
10-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Can't leave out Jimbo. In my eyes Kelly is the greatest q.b.! But he never got it done either when it comes to winning the biggest one. :mad: So he could be a choker too.:( But still the best , no dis respect Jimbo!:cooldude:

like2god
10-18-2006, 07:51 AM
In my eyes Kelly is the greatest q.b.!
Then there is something wrong with your eyes, son

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Sorry blo, let me compose myself......

You made my morning. :lol:

:wink:

B-lo
10-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Then there is something wrong with your eyes, son

Sorry blo, let me compose myself......

You made my morning. :lol:

:wink:

.WHAT?: He is.. I'm not saying he's the best q.b. of all time like to be gay, but I respect him more than any other q.b. For reasons more than just football.... Did ya see the hall of fame speech ul2gay? He is a class act who has been through a lot with the illness of his son. Let alone he took my team to 4 bowls. Yea he lost them but oh well, he's a classy man , who I respect!

like2god
10-18-2006, 08:19 AM
WHAT?: He is.. I'm not saying he's the best q.b. of all time like to be gay, but I respect him more than any other q.b. For reasons more than just football.... Did ya see the hall of fame speech ul2gay? He is a class act who has been through a lot with the illness of his son. Let alone he took my team to 4 bowls. Yea he lost them but oh well, he's a classy man , who I respect!

Class is one thing (and I agree, he was a class guy), but that wasn't your quote. Your original quote was...

In my eyes Kelly is the greatest q.b.!

....and the first thing that popped into my head were visions of Marino, Elway, Favre, Montana, Brady, Aikman, Young, Bradshaw, Tarkenton.......:lol: . Kelly is up there but he isn't the greatest.

B-lo
10-18-2006, 09:42 AM
Class is one thing (and I agree, he was a class guy), but that wasn't your quote. Your original quote was...

....and the first thing that popped into my head were visions of Marino, Elway, Favre, Montana, Brady, Aikman, Young, Bradshaw, Tarkenton.......:lol: . Kelly is up there but he isn't the greatest. I agree....:cooldude:

FireFinFan
10-18-2006, 03:56 PM

I actually only voted once under this very User Name, and that's the god given truth.

BTW, who the hell is Jake you lunatic?

GoBills24
10-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Marino, Elway, Favre, Kelly.

My top 4.

Shula Come Back!
10-18-2006, 05:32 PM
Manning because he has much more weapons (offense and defense) and has had many more opportunities.

BZ

Agreed! If Marino had Edge, they would have had a shot! Plus Marino at least made it to one SB, Manning has yet to do that.

54Fins
10-18-2006, 06:49 PM

Please Fishies, don't be biased...Gotta be Kelly.How many chances do you need?:lol:

54Fins
10-18-2006, 06:50 PM

My top 4.Elway? Favre? Where do you get your information?:confused:

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 07:43 PM

....and the first thing that popped into my head were visions of Marino, Elway, Favre, Montana, Brady, Aikman, Young, Bradshaw, Tarkenton.......:lol: . Kelly is up there but he isn't the greatest.

i was with you up to tarkenton. ever see the movie " a bridge too far" ? ronnie james dio was alright for a hobbit qb but i think you went past the category of great qbs into the very good qbs:D

like2god
10-18-2006, 08:15 PM
i was with you up to tarkenton. ever see the movie " a bridge too far" ? ronnie james dio was alright for a hobbit qb but i think you went past the category of great qbs into the very good qbs:D

Fair enough :lol:

like2god
10-18-2006, 08:15 PM

My top 4.

Top 4 ???

Best ever or chokers?

:confused:

like2god
10-18-2006, 08:58 PM
I actually only voted once under this very User Name, and that's the god given truth.

Hmmmm.......:hmmm:

Well, lets take a looksie shall we?

I admit I know WTE and alwilson91, but I am neither of them. I am part of the Broncos board though...

I am not this 'WTE' and I am not a troll, I'm just a disgruntled Dolphin fan.:boohoo:

Those statements seem to be conficting.

I admit I know WTE and alwilson91

http://www.blogger.com/profile/23797743

Hmmmm..........:hmmm:

You admit you "know" him, but you don't know him. I see :rolleyes2

Now, if this is your first account here at FH, kindly explain your hostility towards EBM (who hasn't posted here for over a month).

I'm not going to say anything too evil, but frankly I don't give a **** about that ******* or what happens to him.

When did you join here????

Why did you post this about a guy that you "never" even knew, a guy that could very well be absent because of health problems?

Sounds to me like you had a previous quarrel with EBM, no?

BTW, I'm not WTE

Of course not.

I'm not this 'WTE' that you're talking about you ****tard! Can't you wrap that around your tiny insignificant brain? I just came here to express my sadness in the atrocity of our teams' play to...

Who is this WTE character? Is WTE short for WorstTrollEver? If so, he had some great picks last week in your pool.

What's up with this Like2God person? He's not doing too well thus far. Oh well, I guess his Fins aren't either.

Good luck with the pool everybody! I wish I could join!

-BTG

Hey, L2G, I knew you had lady problems but this is ridiculous!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sFDSPvWdd9Y

:sidelol:

Well, he doesn't spend his time getting laid. That's for damn sure!

L2G = :sidelol: :sidelol:
Hmmm..........:hmmm:

1. A grudge with EBM (even though you are new here :rolleyes2 )
2. Sounds like WTE, same talking points, etc
3. Knows WTE and AlWilson, but doesn't know them. :shakeno:
4. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of what has gone on here

Thats good enough for me.

finfan01
10-18-2006, 09:15 PM
Somebody got busted!!! :evil:

BradyGodofFish
10-18-2006, 09:46 PM

My top 4.

Elway has 2 rings/ Favre has 1 so they dont even make a chokers list dip$hit.

Marino and especially Kelly deserve it but Manning is close behind.

like2god
10-18-2006, 09:53 PM

I'm not sure if that's his choke list or best all time list. :lol:

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 09:53 PM

I voted Steve Grogan and Tony Eason. Far more deserving in my book

BradyGodofFish
10-18-2006, 10:34 PM

naw, Marino had alot of records except ZERO SB victories, to be that good and s*ck so bad in the playoff's kinda hilarious if you ask me :lol:

like2god
10-18-2006, 10:38 PM
naw, Marino had alot of records except ZERO SB victories, to be that good and s*ck so bad in the playoff's kinda hilarious if you ask me :lol:

You ignorant troll, Kelly was the one that had 4 opportunities and couldn't get the job done.

Kelly = Biggest choker

BradyGodofFish
10-18-2006, 10:47 PM
You ignorant troll, Kelly was the one that had 4 opportunities and couldn't get the job done.

Kelly = Biggest choker

Originally Posted by BradyGodofFish

already said that ,and marino and manning close seconds :) lol

like2god
10-18-2006, 10:50 PM
already said that ,and marino and manning close seconds :) lol

Sorry, my bad. I usually ignore all of your posts. :lol:

BradyGodofFish
10-18-2006, 10:51 PM
Sorry, my bad. I usually ignore all of your posts. :lol:

lol

quit drinking your man juice and read :lol:

like2god
10-18-2006, 10:53 PM
lol

quit drinking your man juice and read :lol:

That's an odd term for beer, but whatever floats your big gay boat. :lol:

BradyGodofFish
10-18-2006, 10:55 PM
That's an odd term for beer, but whatever floats your big gay boat. :lol:

I bet you have drinked enough man juice to float a boat :lol:

like2god
10-18-2006, 11:03 PM

Should I point out the grammatical error or just let it go? :lol:

GoBills24
10-18-2006, 11:45 PM
Top 4 ???

Best ever or chokers?

:confused:

Bradshaw had a great team around him, Montana benefited from a great system by Bill Walsh.

Elway, Favre, Kelly, Marino all relied on pure, God-given ability to be successful.

Those are my top 4 QB's.

GoBills24
10-18-2006, 11:46 PM

That's my best of all-time.

Should've made that more clear.

My mistake.

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 11:59 PM
naw, Marino had alot of records except ZERO SB victories, to be that good and s*ck so bad in the playoff's kinda hilarious if you ask me :lol: yeah I guess Barry Sanders was a choker too huh? The Hall of Fame couldnt open up its doors fast enough to get Marino in there. We'll see if Brady gets in the Hall and if so whether its on the first ballot. Ever since Champ Bailey had his way with him, Brady's been terrified of throwing the out pattern. Everything's middle of the field. We'll see if he has the same success now that defenses figured out his weaknesses.

Mike13
10-19-2006, 01:36 AM

You politically illiterate gangster, we will annihilate you with a fresh revolutionary upswing!

Thanks Prophet, that'll confuse the **** out of him.

finfan01
10-19-2006, 09:19 PM
nice....politically incorrect as well:lol:

anditsgood
10-20-2006, 01:53 PM

drinked

now i know you are 7

muscle979
10-21-2006, 09:39 AM

Elway was horrible in Super Bowls for most of his career. downright terrible. Maybe you're not old enough to remember that. It took a 2000 yard rusher and a very good team for him to win. Any of these "chokers" mentioned would have won on that denver team. Marino, Kelly, Manning, whoever. Early on Elway was a bit of a choker. He's still a great QB though. Obviously as a Miami/Marino fan I don't buy the not winning a Super Bowl makes you a choker argument.

retired opfinistic
10-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Elway was horrible in Super Bowls for most of his career. downright terrible. Maybe you're not old enough to remember that. It took a 2000 yard rusher and a very good team for him to win. Any of these "chokers" mentioned would have won on that denver team. Marino, Kelly, Manning, whoever. Early on Elway was a bit of a choker. He's still a great QB though. Obviously as a Miami/Marino fan I don't buy the not winning a Super Bowl makes you a choker argument.Dan was by no means a 'choker', too often he was relied upon entirely to win games and put into situations where passing was a must. I don't know the stat off the top of my head, but I remember Dan leading the team to many 4th quarter comebacks.

Phanatical
10-22-2006, 10:34 AM

LOL

I voted for Culpepper. He never did anything in Minnesota and wrecked the Dolphins season.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/CulpepperChoke.jpg

muscle979
10-22-2006, 10:40 AM
Dan was by no means a 'choker', too often he was relied upon entirely to win games and put into situations where passing was a must. I don't know the stat off the top of my head, but I remember Dan leading the team to many 4th quarter comebacks.

Dan is 2nd in 4th qtr. comebacks behind Elway. I don't think any of them are "chokers", I was just pointing out that Elway was horrible in Super Bowls for the majority of his career. He's on the losing end of what is still the worst blowout in Super Bowl history.

Mater Dei
10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Manning. Easy.

I would love to have Manning during September to December, but no way in heck is he leading the team in January. I would take Brady, Roethlisberger, McNabb, or Delhomme any day over him in the playoffs. I mean, you can't beat the #6 seed Steelers, at home in 06? Your vaunted offense gets pummeled by the Pats patchwork defense and you put up only 3 points in 05? Give me a break.