PDA

View Full Version : Is Brady Quinn worthy of the #1 pick

PhinFan0202
10-18-2006, 12:29 AM
Ok, we all know that come draft time QB is always a high priority and most of the time go 1st overall. What i'm going to ask is do you guys think he is going to be worthy of the 1st pick in the draft a la Carson Palmer? The comparisons between the two are there but does Quinn deserve to be the best QB in college football or is their anyone else who is more worthy?

gish
10-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Ok, we all know that come draft time QB is always a high priority and most of the time go 1st overall. What i'm going to ask is do you guys think he is going to be worthy of the 1st pick in the draft a la Carson Palmer? The comparisons between the two are there but does Quinn deserve to be the best QB in college football or is their anyone else who is more worthy?

Name one big game that Quinn has won?

PhinSoldia
10-18-2006, 12:38 AM
in one word...no...he is a top ten pick maybe top 5 but he isnot a number 1

Amars
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Adrian Peterson is more deserving then Quinn

PhinFan0202
10-18-2006, 12:50 AM

....i'm at a loss for words....:D

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 12:54 AM

Michigan last year was pretty big, bringing ND from behind to beat Stanford so ND was BCS eligible on the last drive was pretty big. So was his come back to beat MSU this year. His drive that gave ND the lead against USC was pretty big also, defense couldnt hold on 4 and 9 isnt Quinns fault. Name one big game Cutler won, name one big game Big Ben or Eli Manning won for that matter?

I'm not saying Quinn should be the #1 pick, I dont think any other QB should be taken before him but that's a different issue. Him being or not being #1 though, has nothing at all to do with the question you asked

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Joe Thomas will go Number 1

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 01:23 AM

What does that have to do with how well the guy has played and how well he will play in the NFL?

DirkDiggler
10-18-2006, 01:26 AM
hmmmm, is Brady Quinn worth a first round pick........ let me see........

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Did I say NO!

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 01:30 AM
Brady Quinn can be the next ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke or Jason White!! System QBS!!

System QBS Stink!!

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 01:34 AM
Brady Quinn can be the next ken Dorsey or Chris Weinke or Jason White!! System QBS!!

System QBS Stink!!

I might agree with you. His numbers did jump a lot with the arrival of Weis' new system. However, the guy does seem to have all of the physical tools. I have watched every ND game this year and he seems to make all of the throws. Even if he is a system QB, he seems to be able to digest the playbook and run it effectively.

On a side note, do you feel the same thing about Tom Brady? He has only won under Weis' system. Weis obviously knows how to coach QBs and Brady obviously benefitted from havind him as a coach. Would Brady have succeeded as much somewhere else, especially on a mediocre team? Personally, I think he is good, but the reason he has rings is because of the defense he has had, not simply because he is a great QB.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 01:51 AM

System QBS Stink!!

Please :shakeno:

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 02:05 AM
Please :shakeno:

Cmon Don Shula!!

You really think brady is good!! let him play in lets say Detoit!! i wonder what he would do!!

System Qbs are no good!! Its my opinion:dolphins:

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Cmon Don Shula!!

You really think brady is good!! let him play in lets say Detoit!! i wonder what he would do!!

System Qbs are no good!! Its my opinion:dolphins:

Yes I think Brady is good. I'd love to know how many ND games you've watched, or to tell me how Brady is like Dorsey. What about NDs system makes you think he cant be successful in other pro systems?

dominizzo
10-18-2006, 02:13 AM
Yes I think Brady is good. I'd love to know how many ND games you've watched, or to tell me how Brady is like Dorsey. What about NDs system makes you think he cant be successful in other pro systems?

I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeed

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 02:29 AM
I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeed

But you said Dorsey was a system QB but they were successful, same with Weinke and Jason White. And Weis's system has won SUPER BOWLS!! So how ND "as a system" means they wont have success as a team makes no sense. What is a system team anyway? Every team has a system. Just say you dont know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

305TillIDie
10-18-2006, 02:49 AM
Calvin Johnson goes #1

if not, top 2

:yes:

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 02:50 AM
Calvin Johnson goes #1

if not, top 2

Yep, I think so too

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 03:00 AM
But you said Dorsey was a system QB but they were successful, same with Weinke and Jason White. And Weis's system has won SUPER BOWLS!! So how ND "as a system" means they wont have success as a team makes no sense. What is a system team anyway? Every team has a system. Just say you dont know what you're talking about and leave it at that.

I agree that every team and QB is a 'system'. Except of course for Marino who was the system, which is why he is the greatest. I think the Weis system is some kind of variation of a west coast offense. I see a lot of similarities between what ND runs and what the Pats ran under Weis. No surprise there. I think that west coast offenses are very QB friendly. They seem to run a lot of short routes that act as kind of a running game. It relies heavily on running precise routes and producing yards after the catch. And given the rules that limit the defenses' ability to cover WRs, it makes it easier to run the west coast style.

I think there are a lot of QBs who can win in the right system. Especially if you are a veteran who knows a lot of verbage and already has a good idea of how different offenses are run and what defenses are going to do. I think to go along with Quinn's physical abilities, which seem to be pretty good, he can digest a playbook and learn a system well enough to be effective. A lot of that depends on what team he ends up with and how they decide to use him. I don't watch a lot of college football so I don't know if there is anyone who is more talented than Quinn at the QB position. Going number 1 depends a lot on the need of the team picking in that spot. But aside from that, Quinns looks like he should be in that discussion.

Stitches
10-18-2006, 08:24 AM
All I know is that even if Quinn doesn't deserve #1, he is stilla hell of a QB who can make all the throws he needs to, and is definitely as deserving of a top 10 pick as any of the QBs in recent years

Sal Lisitano
10-18-2006, 08:45 AM
No

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 08:54 AM
absolutely.

Motion
10-18-2006, 09:11 AM

System QBS Stink!!

I wouldn't consider any of those guys system Qbs.

CitizenSnips
10-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Brady Quinn probably isn't worth the number one pick. However, he'll almost certainly go first. Its a new unwritten rule that Qb's go first, not to mention the raiders will probably have that pick. And they'd be ******ed to go any other way but QB.

Motion
10-18-2006, 09:18 AM
Brady Quinn probably isn't worth the number one pick. However, he'll almost certainly go first. Its a new unwritten rule that Qb's go first, not to mention the raiders will probably have that pick. And they'd be ******ed to go any other way but QB.

:confused: What happened this year?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 09:21 AM
the raiders will NOT draft a QB.

ADDiKT
10-18-2006, 09:52 AM

The USC/ND game last year that USC came back to win was not Quinn's fault. ND's defense along with Reggie Bush's push at the goal line was the reason. :cooldude: Brady did everything he could to win - he is being blamed for his team's losses much like Dan Marino is blamed for not winning a Super Bowl. (I AM NOT COMPARING MARINO TO QUINN) but we have to realize that Football is a team game -- he doesn't play defense, he doesn't kick field goals... Anyway, as a Cane fan -- who cares!

Majpain
10-18-2006, 10:00 AM
the raiders will NOT draft a QB.

Says who? Brooks and Walter aren't the answer.

mmikel30
10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
I still see ND as a Systme team and I dont think they will succeeedlast year i thought quinn was it but this year getting a better look i don't see anything special that would carry over into the pros

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 10:26 AM
Says who?
al davis.

Spegg
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM

System QBS Stink!!

System QB. Is this not the same system that Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls with. And to my knowledge regarded as a top 5 QB in the NFL. So I guess you are telling me you wouldn't take Tom Brady either.

Stitches
10-18-2006, 10:43 AM
System QB. Is this not the same system that Tom Brady won 3 Super Bowls with. And to my knowledge regarded as a top 5 QB in the NFL. So I guess you are telling me you wouldn't take Tom Brady either.

Phsically I'd rather have Quinn than Brady. I think Quinn could succeed a lot more places than Brady could.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 10:52 AM
Phsically I'd rather have Quinn than Brady. I think Quinn could succeed a lot more places than Brady could.
i'd take brady over any other player in the NFL or draft.

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 10:55 AM

wont know for another year or two but I think he may not even be the best QB on his team. I'm not saying that as a slap at Brady who I see as the 2nd best QB in the league but rather as an endorsement of Matt Cassell

jlfin
10-18-2006, 10:56 AM
last year i thought quinn was it but this year getting a better look i don't see anything special that would carry over into the pros

Very similar to the career of one Dan Marino. He had an unbelievable Jr year, then dropped off his Sr yr. That ,coupled with rumors of drug use and his low Wonderlic score placed him right in Shula's lap.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 11:00 AM
wont know for another year or two but I think he may not even be the best QB on his team.

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 11:04 AM
mark my words:D the next great QB in the NFL is sitting on their bench now

Stitches
10-18-2006, 11:05 AM

Strong opinion.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 11:07 AM
mark my words:D the next great QB in the NFL is sitting on their bench now
i don't care. there's absolutely nothing he's done that can make you or anyone think he has ANYTHING on brady at ALL. that's just wild speculation and wishful thinking.

marino1348
10-18-2006, 11:54 AM
wont know for another year or two but I think he may not even be the best QB on his team. I'm not saying that as a slap at Brady who I see as the 2nd best QB in the league but rather as an endorsement of Matt Cassell

Is Matt your boyfriend? brother?

It isn't very hard to look good sitting on a bench. He's pretty good at it, he had practice for 6 years.

gish
10-18-2006, 11:58 AM
What does that have to do with how well the guy has played and how well he will play in the NFL?

I'm just saying that ND has been losing big games. Do you want a choker on your team?

gish
10-18-2006, 12:00 PM

Put Brady on the Colts and Manning on the Pats. Brady would suck, and I think Manning would be even better with less talent around him.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 12:04 PM
Put Brady on the Colts and Manning on the Pats. Brady would suck, and I think Manning would be even better with less talent around him.
:lol: yeah, brady has so much more talent than manning.

PhinFan0202
10-18-2006, 12:52 PM
I'm just saying that ND has been losing big games. Do you want a choker on your team?

We already have a choker on our team..i'm going to get flamed for this...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uxgHWRCASZA

Slappy8800
10-18-2006, 01:05 PM
troy smith baby!

Nick Mangold
10-18-2006, 01:59 PM
Calvin Johnson goes #1

if not, top 2

definitely, no doubt.

Brady Quinn is so not worth the #1 pick, its almost funny.

Calvin Johnson is the most complete prospect i've seen in years, def worth #1 more than anyone, IMO.

you put Quinn behind a suspect line....oh wait just watch him this year..he sucks.

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 02:17 PM

I just don't think you can blame losses and credit wins squarely on a QB.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 03:13 PM
you put Quinn behind a suspect line....oh wait just watch him this year..he sucks.
put any QB behind a bad line and watch.

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 03:25 PM
put any QB behind a bad line and watch.

Yeah I agree that any QB will not look good behind a bad oline. And watching every ND game this year, I have noticed Quinn getting a little happy feet in the pocket after being under some pressure. And after that, even when he had time, he was inaccurate and just seemed a little rattled by pressure. That was at the beginning of the year and he seems to have played better. But they have played weaker opponents recently. When they start to play good teams again, pay attention to him if he gets pressure.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 03:47 PM

Other than Michigan this year where he played horrible what game has he ever choked in? Like was said leading your team to come from behind wins isnt something a lot of college QBs do (not many are in the position to though) yet he has done it almost every time he's been given the opportunity. That isnt a choker, that's clutch.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 03:50 PM
definitely, no doubt.

Brady Quinn is so not worth the #1 pick, its almost funny.

Calvin Johnson is the most complete prospect i've seen in years, def worth #1 more than anyone, IMO.

Wow, 1600+ yards, 63.5 comp% 17 total Tds and 4 int, yeah he really sucks. I wonder if people watch him play before they make really stupid and ignorant comments. Watching the Michigan game then bashing him and his career off that is a joke

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 03:52 PM
Yeah I agree that any QB will not look good behind a bad oline. And watching every ND game this year, I have noticed Quinn getting a little happy feet in the pocket after being under some pressure. And after that, even when he had time, he was inaccurate and just seemed a little rattled by pressure. That was at the beginning of the year and he seems to have played better. But they have played weaker opponents recently. When they start to play good teams again, pay attention to him if he gets pressure.

He had 1 bad game in the beginning of the year, Michigan. PSU he dominated, MSU he dominated and I think people realize now that GT is a much better team then preseason rankings gave them credit for and he still had a pretty good that day.

It's like it has become the trendy thing on this board to say Quinn is a system QB he isnt very good blah blah blah, but no one can really back up the claim

Nick Mangold
10-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Wow, 1600+ yards, 63.5 comp% 17 total Tds and 4 int, yeah he really sucks. I wonder if people watch him play before they make really stupid and ignorant comments. Watching the Michigan game then bashing him and his career off that is a joke

yeah, he sure has played a lot of tough teams too, you're right. :rolleyes2

dude, i think your the one not watching the games since your alone on your theory.

have you seen him play this year?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 04:00 PM
:lol: yeah the biggest domer homer on this board hasn't watched him play. i imagine he's watched him MUCH more than you.

there's always going to be someone saying the #1 QB prospect sucks. there were plenty saying it with leinart, there are plenty saying it with quinn, etc. you're just another one of those guys.

Nick Mangold
10-18-2006, 04:05 PM
:lol: yeah the biggest domer homer on this board hasn't watched him play. i imagine he's watched him MUCH more than you.

oh, he's a ND fan?

that makes sense on why he's alone.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 04:29 PM
yeah, he sure has played a lot of tough teams too, you're right. :rolleyes2

dude, i think your the one not watching the games since your alone on your theory.

Alone? Should I link every draft site that has him ranked as the #1 QB?

I'd compare NDs schedule to OSU any year. GT could win the ACC, Michigan is playing for a national championship birth, PSU isnt great this year but still a solid team, MSU is a rivalry so it's always tough. That's a pretty difficult opening to a season. You cant say he sucks, then say well he has good numbers because he has played bad teams. It's one or the other.

And I havent missed an ND game since he's been at South Bend.

Like I said earlier in the thread I'm not arguing that he should be the #1 pick, I'm arguing with fools who think he sucks.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 04:35 PM
oh, he's a ND fan?

that makes sense on why he's alone.

I'm so alone :lol:

http://www.nflreport.com/mock1.htm

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/nflmockdraft.html

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/rankedSeniors.cfm

And check Kipers big board and every other analyst or draft site I've seen has Quinn as a top 5 pick and the #1 QB.

I have no problem with people even saying that Brohm should be the #1 QB, or that Quinn shouldnt be the #1 pick but to say Quinn sucks is an indefensible position

Kyfinsfan
10-18-2006, 06:31 PM
FWIW - I don't think Quinn is the best pro prospect out there; it's Brohm out of Louisville.

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
i don't care. there's absolutely nothing he's done that can make you or anyone think he has ANYTHING on brady at ALL. that's just wild speculation and wishful thinking.

it could be wild speculation but as a dolphin fan its definitely NOT wishful thinking. he'll be a free agent soon. belichik is going to have to decide between him and brady. p.r. wise he's gotta take brady. who knows maybe cassell becomes a dolphin. if that's the case then yes it will be wishful thinking also

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-18-2006, 07:32 PM
belichik is going to have to decide between him and brady. :sidelol:

there's been a lot of ridiculous things said on this forum, but THIS takes the cake.

adamprez2003
10-18-2006, 07:48 PM
:sidelol:

there's been a lot of ridiculous things said on this forum, but THIS takes the cake.

talk to me in two years:lol:

DolfinDave
10-18-2006, 11:05 PM
He had 1 bad game in the beginning of the year, Michigan. PSU he dominated, MSU he dominated and I think people realize now that GT is a much better team then preseason rankings gave them credit for and he still had a pretty good that day.

It's like it has become the trendy thing on this board to say Quinn is a system QB he isnt very good blah blah blah, but no one can really back up the claim

The team might have won some of those games early in the year, but he did struggle. Like I said, he got happy feet and he was very inaccurate. He has since gotten better, but they haven't played defenses that were as good.

Every QB is a system QB. Some just more than others. I think Quinn has all of the physical tools to be a good NFL QB. He is tall, has good weight, strong, and it seems like he can make every throw. As far as the mental aspect, you would think he is at least halfway intelligent. He should be able to digest a NFL playbook and seems to work hard on the preparation aspect of the game. I don't know what else you can measure. People love to talk about whether QBs have that 'it'. The reason they call it 'it' is because they don't know what it is and there is no way to measure it. So I don't feel the need to discuss that.

So judging from what I have seen as far as physical ability, he has as much talent as just about every other QB. He also seems to have the mental skills to at least have a chance to succeed in the NFL. Both of those things usually translate into a high draft pick. It just depends on who is picking at number 1 and what their need is.

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 12:47 AM
The team might have won some of those games early in the year, but he did struggle. Like I said, he got happy feet and he was very inaccurate. He has since gotten better, but they haven't played defenses that were as good.

Every QB is a system QB. Some just more than others. I think Quinn has all of the physical tools to be a good NFL QB. He is tall, has good weight, strong, and it seems like he can make every throw. As far as the mental aspect, you would think he is at least halfway intelligent. He should be able to digest a NFL playbook and seems to work hard on the preparation aspect of the game. I don't know what else you can measure. People love to talk about whether QBs have that 'it'. The reason they call it 'it' is because they don't know what it is and there is no way to measure it. So I don't feel the need to discuss that.

So judging from what I have seen as far as physical ability, he has as much talent as just about every other QB. He also seems to have the mental skills to at least have a chance to succeed in the NFL. Both of those things usually translate into a high draft pick. It just depends on who is picking at number 1 and what their need is.

Well said. I dont think Quinn is perfect or a guaranteed stud at the next level. But to look at his college career and to say he sucks is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. I'll point that out to people who make that argument all day. Your argument against Quinn seeing the rush a bit in the beginning and it making his throws inaccurate is absolutely right. Though Weis said part of it was WR running bad routes (going 12 yards instead of 10 for example).

The physical tools are there, he has already learned a pro play book so he isnt stupid, and he has shown he can make accurate throws and lead to come from behind leads/victories. Showing he can handle the rush a little better and remain consistent with his accuracy are things he needs to work on imo. But i'm sure people who have seen him play once know more.

PhinFan0202
10-19-2006, 12:55 AM
Well said. I dont think Quinn is perfect or a guaranteed stud at the next level. But to look at his college career and to say he sucks is one of the dumbest things I've read in a long time. I'll point that out to people who make that argument all day. Your argument against Quinn seeing the rush a bit in the beginning and it making his throws inaccurate is absolutely right. Though Weis said part of it was WR running bad routes (going 12 yards instead of 10 for example).

The physical tools are there, he has already learned a pro play book so he isnt stupid, and he has shown he can make accurate throws and lead to come from behind leads/victories. Showing he can handle the rush a little better and remain consistent with his accuracy are things he needs to work on imo. But i'm sure people who have seen him play once know more.

IMO Brady Quinn is the best QB in this draft. I look at Drew Stanton and he's got alot of upside because he can run and he can throw but he's inconsistent. It seems like against bad teams he plays extremely well but against other teams he dosen't play as well.

DolfinDave
10-19-2006, 01:20 AM

That part about the WRs running poor routes could be correct. During his struggles, I rarely, if ever, saw Jeff Samar...(can't spell it) get open. I thought he might of been getting double teamed or something. Plus I think Weis was being a little pass happy sometimes. I think Quinn has shaken the struggles for the most part. And I agree with your assesment of him as well.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-19-2006, 07:55 AM
talk to me in two years:lol:
see, there's no reason at all to think cassell is better than brady. none at all. you haven't explained yourself yet.

any coach that would take him over brady is a MORON and would be fired immediately.

LouPhinFan
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
FWIW - I don't think Quinn is the best pro prospect out there; it's Brohm out of Louisville.

I agree. I think Brohm will end up being a better NFL QB than Quinn. Don't get me wrong, Quinn is an excellent QB, deserving of a top 10 pick. Brohm has been a winner at every level (ala Matt Leinert). He might be the smartest QB in college right now. He has it all, work ethic, mechanics, winner's mentality, arm strength. It might be best to think of him as a more mobile, stronger armed Matt Leinert. Best of all he's been playing in a pro style offense all through college. Petrino is a former NFL offensive coordinator and they use all of the sets that are used in the NFL. Don't believe that BS that media says when they say that U of L uses a variation on the "spread offense". Occasionally they spread the field 5 wide, but that's as close as they come. He's definitely not a system QB.

adamprez2003
10-19-2006, 10:17 AM
see, there's no reason at all to think cassell is better than brady. none at all. you haven't explained yourself yet.

any coach that would take him over brady is a MORON and would be fired immediately.

you missed the point here. obviously you're not going to bench Tom Brady. The guy just lead his team to three rings. What I'm saying is what they have in Cassel, is quite possibly, a bigger stronger version of Brady. His arm is great, he can make every throw in the book with alot more zip than Brady. He can actually throw the out pattern with confidence which Brady has been terrified of doing this season (Champ Bailey memories anyone?) He might be more accurate though Brady has the better touch. He's more elusive in the pocket and from the limited amount of action the guy has had he's shown a cool presence out there that reminds alot of people of Brady. Remember this guy wasnt sitting behind no names. Palmer, Leinart and now Brady. Talk about your bad luck:lol: .

The only way I see him staying in New England in two years is if Brady goes down with an injury, he steps in and lights it up or if Brady gets tired of New England and leaves. Otherwise he's going to have his choice of teams to go to in two years and I guarantee every team will be interested. There's a reason Belichik decided to keep only two QBs to start the season. He felt fully confident that if something happened to Brady they would be fine with Cassell

As for thinking he might better than Brady in the future that's what you do with young QBs, you project where you think they will be. You're not going to do that with a 7 yr veteran but with young QBs that's what you do. Its not like there will never be a better QB than Brady coming into the NFL. I think Cutler, Cassell and possibly Leinart will all be better than Brady in three years. Doesnt mean they are better now and it doesnt mean that its guaranteed but its what I see happening from what Ive seen from them

adamprez2003
10-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I agree. I think Brohm will end up being a better NFL QB than Quinn. Don't get me wrong, Quinn is an excellent QB, deserving of a top 10 pick. Brohm has been a winner at every level (ala Matt Leinert). He might be the smartest QB in college right now. He has it all, work ethic, mechanics, winner's mentality, arm strength. It might be best to think of him as a more mobile, stronger armed Matt Leinert. Best of all he's been playing in a pro style offense all through college. Petrino is a former NFL offensive coordinator and they use all of the sets that are used in the NFL. Don't believe that BS that media says when they say that U of L uses a variation on the "spread offense". Occasionally they spread the field 5 wide, but that's as close as they come. He's definitely not a system QB.

I think the reason Quinn is always mentioned by the media as a number 1, and I agree he's a good prospect, is that Notre Dame is on tv all the time whereas Louisville doesnt have that national presence. I cant see any team if they had a choice drafting Quinn over Brohm. Brohm is in another class over Quinn

Motion
10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
How any real Dolphins fan can make this comment is beyond me. :shakeno:

You realize how many times thats been said about Marino? Is he a choker?

Football is a TEAM sport.

DolfinDave
10-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I think the reason Quinn is always mentioned by the media as a number 1, and I agree he's a good prospect, is that Notre Dame is on tv all the time whereas Louisville doesnt have that national presence. I cant see any team if they had a choice drafting Quinn over Brohm. Brohm is in another class over Quinn

You bring up a good point about the media. I haven't seen one Louiville game all year. If Brohm is as good as you guys say, I would like to see him in action. You never know, the Fins might be in a position to take a QB. If he is that good, I think I would be happy with him or Quinn.

DolfinDave
10-19-2006, 02:16 PM
How any real Dolphins fan can make this comment is beyond me. :shakeno:

You realize how many times thats been said about Marino? Is he a choker?

Football is a TEAM sport.

Seriously. I can't believe Dolphins fans think like this. I have even heard a bunch of people on these boards use the 'he has a ring and is therefore better' argument which is totally absurd. Like you said, 'football is a TEAM sport.' Stop crediting one guy for everything that goes right and blaming him for everything that goes wrong.

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 02:49 PM
It seems like against bad teams he plays extremely well but against other teams he dosen't play as well.

just like Quinn. :)

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-19-2006, 03:12 PM
so you mean to tell me that a QB plays better against weaker teams than stronger teams? that's just crazy! he's clearly a bust.

DolfinDave
10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
so you mean to tell me that a QB plays better against weaker teams than stronger teams? that's just crazy! he's clearly a bust.

:lol: Was he playing worse against the good teams or was he playing about the same but the team lost? The team loosing could have nothing to do with the QB play?

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 04:25 PM
:lol: Was he playing worse against the good teams or was he playing about the same but the team lost? The team loosing could have nothing to do with the QB play?

dude, i cant stop staring at your avatar, i love it! :up:

thats Kristin Kruek (sp?) from the superman show, right?

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 04:29 PM
I agree. I think Brohm will end up being a better NFL QB than Quinn.

that's the most sensible post i've seen by far.

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 04:45 PM
From the Draft Board:

Brohm is able to hang in the pocket and make all of his throws, Quinn feels pressure way too early and will throw the ball with poor footwork or rollout. Brohm's arm is superior as is his accuracy. If Quinn's not in a comfort zone, he'll throw balls every which way.

If Quinn is thrown out into the fire from day one behind a bad offensive line, he's going to develop some terrible habits...or better yet, continue them.

Shula? Fin Kat? Agree or disagree?

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 05:37 PM
From the Draft Board:

Brohm is able to hang in the pocket and make all of his throws, Quinn feels pressure way too early and will throw the ball with poor footwork or rollout. Brohm's arm is superior as is his accuracy. If Quinn's not in a comfort zone, he'll throw balls every which way.

If Quinn is thrown out into the fire from day one behind a bad offensive line, he's going to develop some terrible habits...or better yet, continue them.

Shula? Fin Kat? Agree or disagree?

I said it was fine to think Brohm is better than Quinn. I'd have them 1a and 1b in no particlar order probably. I havent seen enough of Brohm though, only a few games over the years, to say that he has a stronger arm than Quinn. I also already said Quinn sees the rush too early and it affects his accuracy.

What I think is funny though is that you say Quinn only plays well against bad teams, when Brohm has made a career off a weak schedule against cupcake teams. I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

Also I think Brohm being injured two years in a row has to atleast bring whether he is injury prone or not into consideration.

I'm still waiting for you to explain your Quinn sucks comment though, that should be an interesting explanation.

FINFAN_4_EVER
10-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Quinn isn't worthy
He can't win the big games:tantrum:

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 05:50 PM
What I think is funny though is that you say Quinn only plays well against bad teams, when Brohm has made a career off a weak schedule against cupcake teams. I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

September 16No. 17 Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=2390&sport=ncf) W 31-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262590097)

plus WV in 2 weeks and another ranked team.

psst...look up schedules before posting.

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 06:00 PM
September 16No. 17 Miami (FL) (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/clubhouse?collegeId=2390&sport=ncf) W 31-7 (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=262590097)

plus WV in 2 weeks and another ranked team.

psst...look up schedules before posting.

psst I did, he hasnt played WV yet that doesnt count. And like I said I wasnt sure, I was checking on ESPN and it doesnt show the ranking. If you noticed Miami isnt ranked anymore and I wasnt sure if they still had there ranking at that time.

Is reading comprehension a problem for you all the time, or just on this message board? I also like how you ignore most of a post and pick out one thing and fail to mention any of the other points.

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Quinn isn't worthy
He can't win the big games:tantrum:

And Brohm has? What big game has Quinn lost for his team? Other than Michigan this year. That point has been disproven with his come back wins so you need to do better than that. Not every QB can play for a National Title so if that's what you're judging it by Marino never won a big game in college, neither did hundreds of other QBs who have been successful at the next level.

Nick Mangold
10-19-2006, 06:08 PM
psst I did, he hasnt played WV yet that doesnt count. And like I said I wasnt sure, I was checking on ESPN and it doesnt show the ranking. If you noticed Miami isnt ranked anymore and I wasnt sure if they still had there ranking at that time.

Is reading comprehension a problem for you all the time, or just on this message board? I also like how ignore most of a post and pick out one thing and fail to mention any of the other points.

I look over his schedule for the last few years and I dont know for sure if he's ever beaten a ranked team.

:confused:

dude, you JUST said you looked at the schedule.

Miami was ranked #17 when Louisville beat them.

I'm not trying to argue man, i just think Brohm will be a better pro.

I think Quinn sucks WHEN he gets hurried and he gets "happy feet" and throws some really UGLY passes.

he's also played well, but IMO not enough to warrant a #1 pick.

it seems like Quinn gets shook to easily.

Brohm has a better head on his shoulders, IMO.

I know you are a ND fan, i am a HUGE penn state fan...so we will agree to disagree on this one, fair enough? :cooldude:

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 06:26 PM
:confused:

dude, you JUST said you looked at the schedule.

Miami was ranked #17 when Louisville beat them.

I'm not trying to argue man, i just think Brohm will be a better pro.

I think Quinn sucks WHEN he gets hurried and he gets "happy feet" and throws some really UGLY passes.

he's also played well, but IMO not enough to warrant a #1 pick.

it seems like Quinn gets shook to easily.

Brohm has a better head on his shoulders, IMO.

I know you are a ND fan, i am a HUGE penn state fan...so we will agree to disagree on this one, fair enough? :cooldude:

Fair enough :D

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-19-2006, 09:00 PM
brohm also missed half of that miami game due to injury. so that doesn't even really count.

LouPhinFan
10-20-2006, 12:06 AM
You bring up a good point about the media. I haven't seen one Louiville game all year. If Brohm is as good as you guys say, I would like to see him in action. You never know, the Fins might be in a position to take a QB. If he is that good, I think I would be happy with him or Quinn.

Hopefully you'll get a chance to see him in the Fiesta Bowl. Or maybe an outside of outside chance in the National Championship game. The Fiesta Bowl has scouted Louisville 3 times already and is on record as loving U of L. If U of L goes undefeated this season they take the Cards to play whom ever. They probably will still take them with 1 loss as well.

Plus just to stir the pot even more...Notre Dame recruited Brohm really hard, but he still chose U of L over the Irish...:D

All this discussion is for naught. I don't think Brohm will be coming out this year anyway. U of L will finish this year with zero or 1 loss. BCS game is a good possiblity. They don't lose very many of their staters next year from offense or defense. Hell Bush may not even leave, especially if they have a shot at a national championship next year. Brohm would be one of the top 3 Heisman canidates and probably the top QB in the 2008 draft.

DolfinDave
10-20-2006, 12:16 AM
dude, i cant stop staring at your avatar, i love it! :up:

thats Kristin Kruek (sp?) from the superman show, right?

Yeah man that is Kristin Kreuk. Absolutely gorgeous. And I love Smallville, not only is there a lot of hot chicks on it, most noteably Kristin, but its freakin Superman and they do a good job with it.

Back to the topic, I don't think it matters who well all think is better or who will be a better pro. That all has a lot to do with the situation they come into. The surrounding talent, offensive scheme, and coaching have a lot to do with the success of a QB. I think the question of the thread was, 'is Quinn worthy of the top pick?' And I think based on his physical skills he has and his performance on the field, he is worthy of a top pick. He has similar numbers to what Carson Palmer had coming out and is about the same size. What more could you ask for in a QB?

DolfinDave
10-20-2006, 12:20 AM
Hopefully you'll get a chance to see him in the Fiesta Bowl. Or maybe an outside of outside chance in the National Championship game. The Fiesta Bowl has scouted Louisville 3 times already and is on record as loving U of L. If U of L goes undefeated this season they take the Cards to play whom ever. They probably will still take them with 1 loss as well.

Plus just to stir the pot even more...Notre Dame recruited Brohm really hard, but he still chose U of L over the Irish...:D

All this discussion is for naught. I don't think Brohm will be coming out this year anyway. U of L will finish this year with zero or 1 loss. BCS game is a good possiblity. They don't lose very many of their staters next year from offense or defense. Hell Bush may not even leave, especially if they have a shot at a national championship next year. Brohm would be one of the top 3 Heisman canidates and probably the top QB in the 2008 draft.

I hope I get the chance. And just out of curiosity, why do you think he will stay another year? Winning a national championship would be nice, but so would be getting some guaranteed money and the chance to start learning in the NFL as soon as possible. But I guess I could understand wanting to stay in college another year. I just graduation and I really miss it. It must be even nicer when you are the star QB and a big man on campus. Actually, yeah he needs to stay as long as he can.

LouPhinFan
10-20-2006, 12:28 AM
I hope I get the chance. And just out of curiosity, why do you think he will stay another year? Winning a national championship would be nice, but so would be getting some guaranteed money and the chance to start learning in the NFL as soon as possible. But I guess I could understand wanting to stay in college another year. I just graduation and I really miss it. It must be even nicer when you are the star QB and a big man on campus. Actually, yeah he needs to stay as long as he can.

I think he'll stay because of the injuries last year and this year. With a full season under his belt, his draft status will rocket. His freshman year he split time with LaFlors. He hurt his knee last year, and then the thumb this year. I just really think he'll pull a Leinert and come back for his senior year.

DonShula84
10-20-2006, 12:57 AM
I think he'll stay because of the injuries last year and this year. With a full season under his belt, his draft status will rocket. His freshman year he split time with LaFlors. He hurt his knee last year, and then the thumb this year. I just really think he'll pull a Leinert and come back for his senior year.

I think he leaves because of all the injuries. Why come back and risk another injury which would only hurt him in the draft?

BigDogsHunt
10-20-2006, 10:02 AM
At this point in time, Quinn could easily be viewed worthy of #1 overall. Lot of games and workouts to come which could change it....