PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Disappointment?

Kinzua
10-18-2006, 08:37 AM
Fox's power rankings are out ... and the pundit wasn't impressed by the Fish's near miss against the Jets ... Fish Fall 2 spots. :shakeno:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

BwanaZulia
10-18-2006, 08:52 AM
Redskins get stuff by a winless team and they don't fall below us?

KC has LESS wins and is ranked above?

Oh well, I agree with the assessment though.

The Jets nearly blew a 20-3 fourth quarter lead, barely escaping a divisional bout with the Dolphins and winning 20-17. It wasn’t pretty, but a win’s a win. The Jets, now 3-3, are well ahead of where the experts thought they’d be at this point of the season back in August. Fireman Ed has to be pleased. J-E-T-S … you know the rest.

BZ

Mike13
10-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Power Rankings always were and always will be meaningless.

Kinzua
10-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Power Rankings always were and always will be meaningless.

Except for those preseason ones that had the Dolphins near the top and the Bills and Jets at the bottom, right? :lol:

like2god
10-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Not to get into a pissing match, but the Dolphins lost a very close game to a higher ranked team and moved down 2 points, while the Bills were beaten by the 2nd worst team on that list and had no movement? Please.

BwanaZulia
10-18-2006, 11:56 AM
If only Power Rankings helped win games.

If they did, the Colts would have won the Super Bowl countless times. :)

BZ

Kinzua
10-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Not to get into a pissing match, but the Dolphins lost a very close game to a higher ranked team and moved down 2 points, while the Bills were beaten by the 2nd worst team on that list and had no movement? Please.

I didn't say these were any good. The guy does seem a little bizarre. The Lions beat the Bills and are ranked 31 and the Bills 22. Are the Lions actually worse than the Texans? As for Indy, they barely survived against low ranked teams like the Jets and Titans and still get in the top tier?

like2god
10-18-2006, 12:29 PM
I didn't say these were any good. The guy does seem a little bizarre. The Lions beat the Bills and are ranked 31 and the Bills 22. Are the Lions actually worse than the Texans? As for Indy, they barely survived against low ranked teams like the Jets and Titans and still get in the top tier?
Well, that was my point. Power Rankings are useless, even if the Phins were doing better I would feel the same way. Some of my favorite teams have been ranked near the top in their respective sports (Yanks, NY Rangers, Dolphins), but if you get caught up in the hype you will be disappointed, much like Dolphins fans are right now. It's just another way for the media to sell you something, nothing more.

Mike13
10-18-2006, 12:45 PM
Except for those preseason ones that had the Dolphins near the top and the Bills and Jets at the bottom, right? :lol:

Nope, like I said they are pointless.

byroan
10-18-2006, 12:47 PM

You just proved the point that they're pointless.