PDA

View Full Version : My tooth is cracked...

Majpain
10-18-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm not in agood mood. One of my teeth is cracked. Its small right now but my dad says they have to put a cap or something! I dont want to be a freak :boohoo: j/k. Seriously though is there any alternative to a cracked tooth?

Nappy Roots
10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
how did it crack?

Majpain
10-18-2006, 01:58 PM
how did it crack?

NO IDEA. It started hurting Saturday morning then the pain went away for 2 days. But now its eben bugging me. I guess I can chew gum for awhile : /

Stitches
10-18-2006, 02:15 PM
I'm not in agood mood. One of my teeth is cracked. Its small right now but my dad says they have to put a cap or something! I dont want to be a freak :boohoo: j/k. Seriously though is there any alternative to a cracked tooth?

I suppose an alternative would be no tooth.

Or a fake one.

Majpain
10-18-2006, 02:19 PM
I suppose an alternative would be no tooth.

Or a fake one.

Great looks like I will be a freakshow :boohoo:. Well I do live in NPR so I guess it isnt so weird :sidelol::wink:

DrAstroZoom
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
They can do tooth work now that is practically undetectable, so don't panic, my fellow Dr. Pepper fiend. Sorry about the major pain.

The Samurai
10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
I am a Dental Tech. The best thing to do is to repair the crack with a restoration. Most dentist will try to talk you into putting a cap over the tooth but that isnt necessarily required. It is more of an aesthetic reason more than anything. You better go to dentist because a cracked tooth doesnt get cured with motrin, it gets cured with treatment.

Majpain
10-18-2006, 02:37 PM
They can do tooth work now that is practically undetectable, so don't panic, my fellow Dr. Pepper fiend. Sorry about the major pain.
I hope your right!

I am a Dental Tech. The best thing to do is to repair the crack with a restoration. Most dentist will try to talk you into putting a cap over the tooth but that isnt necessarily required. It is more of an aesthetic reason more than anything. You better go to dentist because a cracked tooth doesnt get cured with motrin, it gets cured with treatment.

Thats what my parents said I would need. They would put a cap over it. I said there had to be sometype of procedure that doesnt require a drill :lol:

UltraDol-Fan
10-18-2006, 02:44 PM
sorry bout your tooth man. I hate going to the dentist

Jt0323
10-18-2006, 02:50 PM
i got a cap put on about 2 weeks ago...its not bad...i got it on my back tooth...did not hurt at all...and i hate needles... i got to go back at the 18th to get the cap put on (the first visit they put a temporary cap on until they get the real one fit)

Roman529
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I would get a whole new grill:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/goldteeth-1.jpg

Majpain
10-18-2006, 03:42 PM
i got a cap put on about 2 weeks ago...its not bad...i got it on my back tooth...did not hurt at all...and i hate needles... i got to go back at the 18th to get the cap put on (the first visit they put a temporary cap on until they get the real one fit)

They stick a needle in your gums!! Omg they better give me some painkillers. So you had a crack tooth too?

Quelonio
10-18-2006, 04:10 PM
They stick a needle in your gums!! Omg they better give me some painkillers. So you had a crack tooth too?

I got like three rebuilt teeth. My brother cracked all my front teeth by slamming my head onto a basketball court with his knee. And they look like new (well a bit less white than that).

I doubt you'll look like a freak... but they will stick a needle in your gums, and it will still be ineffective, I will always have the theory that dentist anestesia is just a placebo, I always feel that stupid drill.

(and is there something more disgusting than the smell of burning tooth... it makes me nauseaus every time)

Majpain
10-18-2006, 04:53 PM
I got like three rebuilt teeth. My brother cracked all my front teeth by slamming my head onto a basketball court with his knee. And they look like new (well a bit less white than that).

I doubt you'll look like a freak... but they will stick a needle in your gums, and it will still be ineffective, I will always have the theory that dentist anestesia is just a placebo, I always feel that stupid drill.

(and is there something more disgusting than the smell of burning tooth... it makes me nauseaus every time)

Did he get mad at you?

I know the stuff thats souposed to numb you doest. I hate the drill. It makes me sick to my stomach just to think about it.

Rocky Raccoon
10-18-2006, 05:04 PM
sorry about that man, hope everything works out.

Majpain
10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
sorry about that man, hope everything works out.

Thanks. I really hope its not a crack. But when my mom was checking on it she used a Q-tip and poked it and my god I felt a sharp pain in my tooth.

cnc66
10-18-2006, 05:19 PM

in the olden days, when scooters were made of wood and kids of steel, they burned warts off with the equivalent of a miniature arc welder. I had warts on my toes and at about age six got them burned off. I got to watch...weird as hell when you can't feel it, but you are watching your flesh lit up from the inside. I musta had 15 Novocaine shots. Smells just like burning teeth and it made my stomach roll. I pinched my nose so I couldn't possible make a mistake and get sick, I wanted to watch.

My son who is now 21, took a 5 iron on a full up swing in the front teeth. It drove and broke his top teeth into their sockets, and wrecked all the sockets on the bottom on the way by. I was BESIDE myself...he was 12 and had just got his adult teeth in and they were great. A stupid moment by two 12 year olds... the repairs were beautiful, but now, nearly ten years later, they need attention again.

Shula Come Back!
10-18-2006, 05:22 PM
That sucks dude...I'm in for a root canal next week!!!!

Majpain
10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
That sucks dude...I'm in for a root canal next week!!!!

Oh god that is going to be a *****. Make sure you take some pain killers be fore you go in for it!