PDA

View Full Version : ARod Trade Watch

Motion
10-18-2006, 02:38 PM
If the Yankees unload Alex Rodriguez and don't get a third baseman back, expect to hear Scott Rolen's name (http://www.nypost.com/seven/10182006/sports/yankees/nothin_doin_yankees_george_king.htm). The relationship between Rolen and Cardinals manager Tony La Russa isn't good and it's getting worse. Monday the manager said his third baseman has "issues, I don't have issues. If someone walks up to him and asks him if I am his favorite manager? I don't think he is going to say yes. I am just being honest." Given a chance to respond to La Russa's words prior to last night's Game 5 of the NLCS at Busch Stadium, Rolen refused comment then joined his teammates for a pregame stretch. Rolen, 32, has four years and $54.17 million left on a contract. Despite a left shoulder that was operated on after last season and still isn't right, Rolen batted .296 with 22 homers and 95 RBIs this past year.

The more likely Chicago scenario, according to baseball sources, would involve A-Rod and the White Sox. They have more attractive pieces to offer - several pitchers, including Brandon McCarthy and Mark Buehrle as well as young third baseman Joe Crede - and Sox GM Ken Williams has a longstanding (and well known) affinity for Rodriguez. Then again, A-Rod and Sox manager Ozzie Guillen have a spotty history - Guillen criticized A-Rod during his waffling between the U.S. and Dominican teams before last spring's World Baseball Classic - so Rodriguez might not be willing to waive his no-trade clause to go there. That's why many believe that the Angels will be the biggest player among teams pushing hard for Rodriguez, with owner Arte Moreno promising a big-time move this winter. (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/462728p-389332c.html) The Angels can offer an attractive package, too, with righthander Ervin Santana being a key part of any proposal.

Interesting......

unifiedtheory
10-18-2006, 04:22 PM
He'll be an Angel or a Cub. The darkhorse is the Padres if the Yankees take on some more of his contract.

NJFINSFAN1
10-18-2006, 04:30 PM
He will be a White Sox or a Marlin.:wink:

icephinfan
10-18-2006, 04:36 PM
He will be a White Sox or a Marlin.:wink:

Not sure about being a White Sox, trust me I would love to have him on the Sox, but not at the expense of Joe Crede or Mark Buehrle. Now if the Yanks want Vasquez, and McCarthy then hell yeah.

NJFINSFAN1
10-18-2006, 04:40 PM
Lots a rumors about the Marlins making a play also, they have what the Yanks want, young hard throwers.

DonShula84
10-18-2006, 04:44 PM
I'd love to see him in Anaheim, but if the Yankees want Jared Weaver I hope it doesnt happen.

PHINATIC13
10-18-2006, 04:55 PM
I'd love to see him in Anaheim, but if the Yankees want Jared Weaver I hope it doesnt happen.

:yes:

MikeO
10-19-2006, 12:11 AM

Weaver and Santana and not only will I give ya AROD I will throw in Pavano to boot! :sidelol:

King Felix
10-19-2006, 12:54 AM
mariners

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 01:03 AM
Weaver and Santana and not only will I give ya AROD I will throw in Pavano to boot! :sidelol:

Very tempting...

Chavez Ravine
10-19-2006, 01:27 AM

The rumor I've heard was

E. Santana, Figgins, and a 2nd Tier Pitching Prospect

For A-Rod

DonShula84
10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
The rumor I've heard was

E. Santana, Figgins, and a 2nd Tier Pitching Prospect

For A-Rod

Id do that in a heart beat

Chavez Ravine
10-19-2006, 01:31 AM
The Dodgers could make a run if they wanted to.

I see the two best suitors as the LA teams b/c of their farm system.

Rocky Raccoon
10-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Cashman again came out and said they will not trade A-Rod, all though he didn't completely shut the door on it. My guess is that Cashman will trade him only if he gets exactly what he wants in return, which most people believe will be too much. I expect A-Rod to be a Yankee again in 2007.

MikeO
10-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Cashman again came out and said they will not trade A-Rod, all though he didn't completely shut the door on it. My guess is that Cashman will trade him only if he gets exactly what he wants in return, which most people believe will be too much. I expect A-Rod to be a Yankee again in 2007.

I agree with that.

AROD will only go if the Yanks get use-able parts in return. And the players they get in return won't be older guys (ie..Randy Johnson types). The Yanks are moving towards a youth movement since Cashman has taken over full control.

Cashman saying they won't trade Arod was simply for leverage. I agree he isn't going to give him away. But I do think it would only take a "good" deal to get him. Not a "great" deal.

If AROD is a Yank in 2007 I wouldn't be shocked at all. But if I were placing a bet, I would bet he ends up in another city playing ball opening day.

Slappy8800
10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
arod will only be traded if he says so....he has the final say

inFINSible
10-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Manny for A-Rod? :hmmm:

Motion
10-20-2006, 10:57 AM
News: The Contra Costa Times is the latest paper to conjure up an Alex Rodriguez trade scenario.
Impact: The Times suggests that if the Yanks are willing to eat most of A-Rod's contract, they could send him to the A's for Eric Chavez and one of Rich Harden or Dan Haren and possibly some prospects. The A's, the paper suggests, could insert Rodriguez at short and have Bobby Crosby slide over to third base. Expect a lot of these trial balloons over the coming weeks.

Motion
10-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Manny for A-Rod? :hmmm:
We have enough outfielders thanks!

Chavez Ravine
10-20-2006, 11:11 AM
It seems like all of these trade rumors are essentially the same thing.

1. A lesser 3b
2. A young up and coming pitcher
3. Some prospects.

IMO even with all of AROD's warts that is a STEAL for whoever makes this deal.

phunwin
10-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I've heard no speculation on this, mind you, but an A-Rod for Carlos Zambrano deal would make a lot of sense all around.

BTW, a Santana, Figgins and B-prospect for A-Rod would be a steal for the Angels. I can't believe Brian Cashman would be that dumb. Santana + Weaver is much more equitable, though I suspect the Angels would insist on including some salary ballast in that deal.

Chavez Ravine
10-20-2006, 12:25 PM
I've heard no speculation on this, mind you, but an A-Rod for Carlos Zambrano deal would make a lot of sense all around.

BTW, a Santana, Figgins and B-prospect for A-Rod would be a steal for the Angels. I can't believe Brian Cashman would be that dumb. Santana + Weaver is much more equitable, though I suspect the Angels would insist on including some salary ballast in that deal.

There is NO WAY the angels trade 2 hot pitchers for Arod.

My prediction is that santana will go somewhere this offseason for a bat.

RWhitney014
10-20-2006, 12:46 PM

No, it wouldn't. The Cubs would be awful. There is no scenario in which they can give up Zambrano without getting an equal pitcher back. They have no legit top prospects, Wood will be gone, Prior's never healthy, and a rotation of Rich Hill, Sean Marshall, Carlos Marmol, Glendon Rusch, and a FA, even with A-Rod in the lineup, would get decimated.

MikeO
10-20-2006, 12:57 PM
No, it wouldn't. The Cubs would be awful. There is no scenario in which they can give up Zambrano without getting an equal pitcher back. They have no legit top prospects, Wood will be gone, Prior's never healthy, and a rotation of Rich Hill, Sean Marshall, Carlos Marmol, Glendon Rusch, and a FA, even with A-Rod in the lineup, would get decimated.

Your not looking at the "business" side of the trade.

You can throw AROD out there for 81 home games a year. He will probably hit 50+ home runs in that ballpark and be the NL MVP!!

Zambrano will probably ger around 30 starts and only half or so will be at home.

Arod will sell more product (hats, tickets, shirts, jerseys) than Zambrano ever will. Arod will give the Cubs franchise a player to market on a national level.

Either way the Cubs stink. It's just who do you want to "stink" with. Arod or Zambrano?

phunwin
10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Here's another business aspect to the trade: unless I'm horribly mistaken, Zambrano is going to command a massive contract very soon. I think this is his last arbitration year, which means that the Cubs could easily lose him after this year to a higher bidder. Or, alternately, they're stuck giving a long term, big money contract to a pitcher. Long-term contracts for pitchers are often a crapshoot, even ones as good as Zambrano. By cashing out now at the peak of Zambrano's value, they'd get Rodriguez, a player who's at the absolute nadir of his value. Last year at this time, if the Cubs had offered Zambrano for A-Rod, the Yanks would have giggled and hung up. From a value perspective, it makes sense.

Moreover, they could either move Rodriguez to SS, or trade Aramis Ramirez for some pitching if need be.

MikeO
10-20-2006, 01:35 PM
Ramirez can't be traded really. He can opt out of his contract now and become a FA

phunwin
10-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Ramirez can't be traded really. He can opt out of his contract now and become a FA

My bad. Then A-Rod moves back to SS and the Cubs have the best left side of the infield in team history.

RWhitney014
10-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Your not looking at the "business" side of the trade.

You can throw AROD out there for 81 home games a year. He will probably hit 50+ home runs in that ballpark and be the NL MVP!!

Zambrano will probably ger around 30 starts and only half or so will be at home.

Arod will sell more product (hats, tickets, shirts, jerseys) than Zambrano ever will. Arod will give the Cubs franchise a player to market on a national level.

Either way the Cubs stink. It's just who do you want to "stink" with. Arod or Zambrano?

The Cubs are fine on the business side of things. I go to school in Evanston, a 20-minute drive from the stadium, and everyone is still wearing Cubs gear. They are fine on attendance, despite what your article says. Bottom line for the Cubs is that they need to win, and pitching wins in baseball with rare exception. Even Boston's 2004 Murderers' Row was buoyed by Pedro, Schilling, Lowe, and Foulke. Without Zambrano, the Cubs have no dependable arms, and if they don't win, it won't matter if A-Rod has star power or not.

djfresh47
10-20-2006, 05:27 PM
My bad. Then A-Rod moves back to SS and the Cubs have the best left side of the infield in team history.

I think moving A-Rod back to SS would be a wise move if a team trades for him. He's a great player but how much can the Yankees really ask for? He's a HOF player but a team isn't going to throw away the farm system for Mr. May. I think overall fans resent A-Rod because of the jack he's making whether it's fair or not. If he does go to the Cubs when they're one of the worst teams again A-Rod is going to be the guy fans criticize. Alfonso Soriano is the biggest player on the FA market and I believe more teams would want Soriano than A-Rod.

Ray Finkle
10-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I think moving A-Rod back to SS would be a wise move if a team trades for him. He's a great player but how much can the Yankees really ask for? He's a HOF player but a team isn't going to throw away the farm system for Mr. May. I think overall fans resent A-Rod because of the jack he's making whether it's fair or not. If he does go to the Cubs when they're one of the worst teams again A-Rod is going to be the guy fans criticize. Alfonso Soriano is the biggest player on the FA market and I believe more teams would want Soriano than A-Rod.

ARod has to drop 15 to 20 pounds though if he wants to play SS. He put on a lot more weight once he moved to 3rd and due to that doesn't have the range he once did.

djfresh47
10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
ARod has to drop 15 to 20 pounds though if he wants to play SS. He put on a lot more weight once he moved to 3rd and due to that doesn't have the range he once did.

He probably does have to slim down some. Though I think teams would much rather have him at SS where he was a gold glove player than 3b. As a White Sox fan I don't think he helps the team at 3B. He's going to put up better numbers than Crede but he's also going to play an inferior 3B. That team doesn't need a bat and giving up Brandon McCarthy or even Haeger for him would confirm my thoughts that Kenny Williams doesn't know what he's doing.

PHINATIC13
10-20-2006, 06:59 PM

Yeah...we also give them K-Rod in the deal because Mariano is getting up there in age.:rolleyes2

Seriously though I would trade Santana,Figgins and some other prospect(pitching) for Alex in a NY minute.:D

MikeO
10-20-2006, 07:18 PM
The Yanks would love to add a 3rd young arm to their staff and that is the only way AROD gets moved. For a legit front-line young pitcher. Then any throw-in's can all be worked out and I am sure the Yanks are going to be reasonable with.

Within the next 9-12 months have a front line of your staff be Wang, Hughes, and Santana. Or Wang, Hughes, and Zambrano....etc.

MikeO
10-20-2006, 07:20 PM

Soriano can't play the field. He hates playing LF and he will ***** about it. The only reason he didn't complain this year was because he WAS in a contract year. AROD while he had his problems this year, for the most part is a solid if not gold glove defensive player.

And the Yanks aren't going to ask for that much in return for him. They will probably want a front-line pitcher. And maybe 1 more player. Or a couple decent prospects. It's not gonna be a 6-1 trade. Just a 2-1 or 3-1 most likely

Ray Finkle
10-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Soriano can't play the field. He hates playing LF and he will ***** about it. The only reason he didn't complain this year was because he WAS in a contract year. AROD while he had his problems this year, for the most part is a solid if not gold glove defensive player.

And the Yanks aren't going to ask for that much in return for him. They will probably want a front-line pitcher. And maybe 1 more player. Or a couple decent prospects. It's not gonna be a 6-1 trade. Just a 2-1 or 3-1 most likely

Arod is easily a top 5 defensive 3rd baseman along with Lowell, Crede, Chavez and Rolen.

Many people feel lot of Arod's fielding problems were because he bulked up so much this offseason because he felt like he needed to put up even better numbers than in 2004.

djfresh47
10-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Arod is easily a top 5 defensive 3rd baseman along with Lowell, Crede, Chavez and Rolen.

Many people feel lot of Arod's fielding problems were because he bulked up so much this offseason because he felt like he needed to put up even better numbers than in 2004.

I've gotta factor in what he did this year. Those 4 you mentioned are much better defensive 3rd baseman. A-Rod was much better in previous years defensively but I can't throw out a season where he committed 24 errors and think of him as one of the best defensive 3B. Maybe if he comes back and reverts back to his previous form then i'll consider it. He was the best defensive SS and still put up the numbers so that is why I think a team should move him back if he's traded. Just me thinking but wasn't A-Rod having a pretty good September but then the postseason starts and he's dropped to 6th than to 8th in the order. I don't think the Yankees have any confidence in him during the postseason. I've never seen a great player like A-Rod is come to the postseason and be an easy out. In the AL I don't think he puts a team over the top aside from the Angels because most of the teams lack pitching or don't have the money for A-Rod. Now in the National League he can go there and put a team on his back.

MikeO
10-20-2006, 11:31 PM
I've gotta factor in what he did this year. Those 4 you mentioned are much better defensive 3rd baseman. A-Rod was much better in previous years defensively but I can't throw out a season where he committed 24 errors and think of him as one of the best defensive 3B. Maybe if he comes back and reverts back to his previous form then i'll consider it. He was the best defensive SS and still put up the numbers so that is why I think a team should move him back if he's traded. Just me thinking but wasn't A-Rod having a pretty good September but then the postseason starts and he's dropped to 6th than to 8th in the order. I don't think the Yankees have any confidence in him during the postseason. I've never seen a great player like A-Rod is come to the postseason and be an easy out. In the AL I don't think he puts a team over the top aside from the Angels because most of the teams lack pitching or don't have the money for A-Rod. Now in the National League he can go there and put a team on his back.

On this AROD postseason thing.

He wasn't an easy out in Seattle when those teams made the playoffs (look at the numbers). And in the 2004 playoffs vs Minny in the ALDS and the first 3 games vs Boston of the ALCS his numbers were better than good.

Now, you can't ignore the last 4 games vs Boston. The 3 games vs LAA and the 3 games vs Detroit. This is a what have you done for me latley world also, but you can't just ignore his postseason numbers in Seattle and hte early ones in NY. Ya can't do it and still be fair.

GreenMonster
10-21-2006, 02:29 PM

He wasn't an easy out in Seattle when those teams made the playoffs (look at the numbers). And in the 2004 playoffs vs Minny in the ALDS and the first 3 games vs Boston of the ALCS his numbers were better than good.

Now, you can't ignore the last 4 games vs Boston. The 3 games vs LAA and the 3 games vs Detroit. This is a what have you done for me latley world also, but you can't just ignore his postseason numbers in Seattle and hte early ones in NY. Ya can't do it and still be fair.

This is an awful trend.. Mickey Mantle had a awful like 4-28 postseason stretch with 1 RBI and he recovered nicely.. I think Alex has a better chance for full redemption with the Yanks, but should probably just save his image with a lesser team..

MikeO
10-21-2006, 02:41 PM
This is an awful trend.. Mickey Mantle had a awful like 4-28 postseason stretch with 1 RBI and he recovered nicely.. I think Alex has a better chance for full redemption with the Yanks, but should probably just save his image with a lesser team..

I am sure if the Mick had to deal with ESPN,, sports talk radio, and 50,000,000,000,000 Internet websites he would have been tagged a "choker" and a "loser" among other things as well.

Ray Finkle
10-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I am sure if the Mick had to deal with ESPN,, sports talk radio, and 50,000,000,000,000 Internet websites he would have been tagged a "choker" and a "loser" among other things as well.

Granted the media thing is overkill to the point where I actually feel bad for the guy because he can never catch a break. But the Yankee fans and also Jeter have to take a hit with the Arod thing. He was never excepted as being a member of the team because he made some comments about Jeter in 2001. Jeter never forgave the guy and from all reports Jeter makes Arod's life in the clubhouse hell, and the guy is the captain of the team.

People can blame the media, ESPN, internet or whatever but the bottom line is Yankee fans are smart fans and they know that Arod is a basketcase and not comfortable, so maybe if they lay off him and cheer the guy and back him he might do better.

djfresh47
10-21-2006, 03:42 PM

He had very strong numbers with Seattle in the postseason. His last 10 games he has been bad. If Joe Torre had any confidence in him would he move him down to 6th at the start of the postseason? It can't be a physical thing because he's a great player and was good in the postseason. I'm not going to look it up but are the Yankees really 1-10 in there last 11 postseason games? Untill A-Rod has a big postseason with the Yankees people are going to say he can't handle the pressure. I think it's the pressure of New York not the pressure of the postseason.

Motion
10-25-2006, 09:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2637909

nyjunc
10-25-2006, 10:07 AM
He had very strong numbers with Seattle in the postseason. His last 10 games he has been bad. If Joe Torre had any confidence in him would he move him down to 6th at the start of the postseason? It can't be a physical thing because he's a great player and was good in the postseason. I'm not going to look it up but are the Yankees really 1-10 in there last 11 postseason games? Untill A-Rod has a big postseason with the Yankees people are going to say he can't handle the pressure. I think it's the pressure of New York not the pressure of the postseason.

looking up his postseason #s w/ Seattle they aren't as good as they look on the surface. Obviously they were alot better than they have been here and i'd take them but he only had 2 hits w/ RISP in 3 series +(he had 2 ABs in the '95 playoffs).

Chavez Ravine
11-12-2006, 01:58 AM
bump:

So where is this now?

With the yanks giving up on Sheff, are they still looking to trade AROD?

Plus, they got a boat load for Gary, I think it would take more for him.

Ray Finkle
11-12-2006, 02:00 AM
bump:

So where is this now?

With the yanks giving up on Sheff, are they still looking to trade AROD?

Plus, they got a boat load for Gary, I think it would take more for him.

Everyone from Cashman to Arod to Boras say Arod will be on the Yankees next year but if the right deal comes along I'm sure Cashman will try to work something out.

Roman529
11-12-2006, 02:17 AM
Scott Rolen had issues with the Phils, and Larry Bowa, and now he has issues with Tony LaRussa as well....why don't they send this whiney primma donna baby down to Triple AAA for a while. :boohoo:

MikeO
11-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I don't think they trade him unless the deal is just sooooooooo good they can't say no

Chavez Ravine
11-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I don't think they trade him unless the deal is just sooooooooo good they can't say no

I remember cashman saying that after the yankees season was over GM's "smelled blood in the water" and he was getting alot of interest.

I just wonder if Arod can survive another season in the bronx. Personally, I think it's a situation where he can't win regardless of what he does.

Ray Finkle
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
I remember cashman saying that after the yankees season was over GM's "smelled blood in the water" and he was getting alot of interest.

I just wonder if Arod can survive another season in the bronx. Personally, I think it's a situation where he can't win regardless of what he does.

Hey blame the fans for that. It's all in their hands to help the guy out but they refuse.

Perfect23
11-13-2006, 06:40 PM
well for one I believe if he does get traded he will play ss and he will be traded to the Reds for Adam Dunn and Jason Larue

RWhitney014
11-13-2006, 07:23 PM
well for one I believe if he does get traded he will play ss and he will be traded to the Reds for Adam Dunn and Jason Larue

:lol:

A useless catcher and an outfielder for the Yankees is as useful as a batting cage is to Steinbrenner.

Perfect23
11-13-2006, 08:02 PM
:lol:

A useless catcher and an outfielder for the Yankees is as useful as a batting cage is to Steinbrenner.

Larue is not a useless catcher is is one of the best defensive catchers in the game and Dunn could play DH for the yanks and plus we still have a minor leaguepitcher we could give them like Johhny Cuetto and/or Phil Dumatrait possibly Homer Baily.

finfansince72
11-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Its kind of amazing to see a guy who might retire with just about every offensive record, a guy that is a no brainer HOFer getting tossed around in trades to this many teams in his prime. Amazing.

nyjunc
11-14-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey blame the fans for that. It's all in their hands to help the guy out but they refuse.

That's nonsense, the fans have tried and tried and tried to help the guy get through it. If he's not mentally tough enough to withstand it he shouldn't be here.

This makes it sound like h's been great but Yanklee fans dont' think it's great enough and that is the view from most non-Yankee fans who look at his #s and see good #s BUT he gets the majority of those #s in meaningless situations. When we need him in big spots he does nothing. The man has ZERO RBI in his last TWELVE postseason games! That's all we need to know, it doesn't matter what he does against tampa Bay in April w/ the yanks already up 9-1.

Motion
11-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Larue is not a useless catcher is is one of the best defensive catchers in the game and Dunn could play DH for the yanks and plus we still have a minor leaguepitcher we could give them like Johhny Cuetto and/or Phil Dumatrait possibly Homer Baily.

Won't happen. Pricetag is definitely bigger than that. They've already said Biambi will be full time DH next season.

phunwin
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM

The problem is that LaRue is basically a spare part for the Yankees; Jorge Posada may be slowing down, but he's still light years better than LaRue. And it should be noted that good-field, no-hit catchers like LaRue aren't exactly hard to come by.

Dunn + Bailey wouldn't be enough to get the job done. If the Reds included Ryan Freel, though, that might be enough to get Cashman's attention.

MikeO
11-14-2006, 01:06 PM
They aren't going to trade AROD unless they get a front line, #1 starting pitcher who is probably 28 years old or younger in return.

And with Sheff now gone, I don't see them parting with AROD anyway. Giving up 200+ RBI's in one offseason.

RWhitney014
11-14-2006, 01:11 PM
...and the Reds would be dumb dumb DUMB to even discuss Homer Bailey unless they're getting an ace in return. That guy and Jay Bruce along with Encarnacion are the future core of that team.

MikeO
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
Interesting TIDBIT.....

After the 2007 season, Alex Rodriguez has the right to void the final three years on his contract and declare free agency. He would be walking away from $81 million (of which the Yanks are responsible for $51 million, with the Rangers picking up the rest). While Rodriguez is unlikely to get $27 million a year elsewhere, a canvas of executives at the GM meetings indicated he would have no problem landing a deal for six years at between $100-120 million. After all, he will be just 32 when next season ends, is diligent about staying in shape, would be in striking distance of the all-time homer record with a six-year deal that starts in 2008, and many clubs feel he would regain his full comfort and success if he departed the Yankees.

Motion
11-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Interesting TIDBIT.....

After the 2007 season, Alex Rodriguez has the right to void the final three years on his contract and declare free agency. He would be walking away from $81 million (of which the Yanks are responsible for $51 million, with the Rangers picking up the rest). While Rodriguez is unlikely to get $27 million a year elsewhere, a canvas of executives at the GM meetings indicated he would have no problem landing a deal for six years at between $100-120 million. After all, he will be just 32 when next season ends, is diligent about staying in shape, would be in striking distance of the all-time homer record with a six-year deal that starts in 2008, and many clubs feel he would regain his full comfort and success if he departed the Yankees.

:eek: Well that would suck to lose him without any compensation.

MikeO
11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
:eek: Well that would suck to lose him without any compensation.

The back end of his contract is so huge, he would NEVER get that money elsewhere per year or anywhere close. And if he leaves you save $51 mill and they could go sign any big ticket free agent. Like a Miguel Cabera or whoever would be on the market.

Plus I don't see him leaving on his own. Him leaving on his own would be admitting defeat. And he would NEVER live that down till the day he dies. He doesn't need the money and its all about legacy at some point.

Either way, stays or goes.......the Yanks win in some way shape or form

Chavez Ravine
11-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I could see him walking away. He's not hurting for money and his career would still net him over 250 mil in salary not counting endorsements

PHINATIC13
11-15-2006, 09:59 PM
They aren't going to trade AROD unless they get a front line, #1 starting pitcher who is probably 28 years old or younger in return.

And with Sheff now gone, I don't see them parting with AROD anyway. Giving up 200+ RBI's in one offseason.

How about Santana(LAA) and Aybar and maybe a couple other prospects for Alex.We need a 3rd basemen,I'm not sure Dallas McPherson can stay healthy for a season or do the job outright.Personally I'm hoping we sign Zito and Soriano or Wells(TOR).I would like our chances of a WS appearance in 07'.:wink:

MikeO
11-16-2006, 12:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2664209

not leaving

PHINATIC13
11-16-2006, 10:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2664209

not leaving

I understand Alex says he wants to stay,but what do the Yankees want? I know Alex has to approve of the trade if one's to be made,but still if the TEAM you're playing doesn't want you wouldn't you be on your way?