PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phones in 2006 and 2007 -- Bigger is Better?

mor911
10-19-2006, 09:03 AM
The Mor has noticed a strange phenomenon going on lately in regards to cell phones... The trends are changing. I know what you're thinking, "No way Mor! Trends and fads don't change!!!" But it's true.... The "Cool" cell phones are changing.

I have no articles, news clippings, or expert analysis to back any of this up. I'm going strictly off of The Mor's own personal observation into society... No, not out of my prison cell (they had no proof that I kidnapped that kid).

I think throughout 2004 and 2005 (and probably earlier) it was a race/competition to see who had (or could get) the thinest, smallest celll phones with the most not-so-cellphone features possible. Now it seems things have changed.

Treos, Blackberrys, and many other PDA/cell phone hybrids are becoming all the rage. I'm not talking about business owners, stock brokers, and lawyers. I'm talking about college students, 18-25 year old gamers, and fashion chicks. The razr is far from the coolest phone on the block now (not only because everyone has the damn thing) but because bulky phones with a full QWERTY keyboards are the junk right now.

So, if your phone doesn't have a full keyboard or have a touchscreen, you might be yesterday's news. :lol:

What do you guys think on this lovely Thursday morning?

Stitches
10-19-2006, 09:09 AM
My cell phone is from like 1998, so I'm already not trendy. I mean I don't even have a color screen. Thanks for making me feel even more out of it Mor.

mor911
10-19-2006, 09:12 AM
My cell phone is from like 1998, so I'm already not trendy. I mean I don't even have a color screen. Thanks for making me feel even more out of it Mor.That's what friends are for :hi5:

Buddwalk
10-19-2006, 09:19 AM
I dont even have a cellphone anymore :nono:

Motion
10-19-2006, 09:20 AM
I think the size increase is just a side effect of the fact that cellphones just do so much more now. With internet and email comes the mini keyboards, bigger screens, etc.....

Timmy54
10-19-2006, 09:23 AM
now it is the more things your phone does, not how small it is. I can not wait till they have full computers that you have in the size of a phone. that would be it

Stitches
10-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I want to see a cell phone that makes people better drivers. Especialy women and the elderly. I mean cell phones do a lot already, what's one more thing?

Noodle Arm
10-19-2006, 10:06 AM
I think The Mor is onto something here...

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/10/phone-1.jpg
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

mor911
10-19-2006, 10:06 AM
My cell phone can translate English into Greatwade and vise versa.

Stitches
10-19-2006, 10:08 AM
My cell phone can translate English into Greatwade and vise versa.

Oh yea, my cell phone can be a good paper weight. It even has a theft deterrent system. :wink:

mor911
10-19-2006, 10:08 AM
best.commercial.ever.

Stitches
10-19-2006, 10:09 AM
best.commercial.ever.

lol. I was hoping someone had the clip and could post it.

UltraDol-Fan
10-19-2006, 10:11 AM
I still like the small, thin phones the best. If I can't put it in my pocket I don't want it. I don't want to be that guy with the big phone stuck on his belt walking around in public acting like he's the shiznit

mor911
10-19-2006, 10:12 AM
lol. I was hoping someone had the clip and could post it.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDtBefa43fQ

:hi5:

Stitches
10-19-2006, 10:13 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LDtBefa43fQ

:hi5:

Yes!!

You're the man.

Motion
10-19-2006, 10:15 AM
best.commercial.ever.

:yeahthat:

Blade
10-19-2006, 10:55 AM
I still like the small, thin phones the best. If I can't put it in my pocket I don't want it. I don't want to be that guy with the big phone stuck on his belt walking around in public acting like he's the shiznit

I am that guy with a big phone attached to my belt walking around in public. I dont have to act like I am the shiznit cause I am the shiznit.

UltraDol-Fan
10-19-2006, 11:01 AM
:lol:

Rocky Raccoon
10-19-2006, 11:13 AM
I am that guy with a big phone attached to my belt walking around in public. I dont have to act like I am the shiznit cause I am the shiznit.

:lol: nice

Nappy Roots
10-19-2006, 12:44 PM
The Mor has noticed a strange phenomenon going on lately in regards to cell phones... The trends are changing. I know what you're thinking, "No way Mor! Trends and fads don't change!!!" But it's true.... The "Cool" cell phones are changing.

I have no articles, news clippings, or expert analysis to back any of this up. I'm going strictly off of The Mor's own personal observation into society... No, not out of my prison cell (they had no proof that I kidnapped that kid).

I think throughout 2004 and 2005 (and probably earlier) it was a race/competition to see who had (or could get) the thinest, smallest celll phones with the most not-so-cellphone features possible. Now it seems things have changed.

Treos, Blackberrys, and many other PDA/cell phone hybrids are becoming all the rage. I'm not talking about business owners, stock brokers, and lawyers. I'm talking about college students, 18-25 year old gamers, and fashion chicks. The razr is far from the coolest phone on the block now (not only because everyone has the damn thing) but because bulky phones with a full QWERTY keyboards are the junk right now.

So, if your phone doesn't have a full keyboard or have a touchscreen, you might be yesterday's news. :lol:

What do you guys think on this lovely Thursday morning?

i had the PPC-6700 for a long time. its a cool phone, touch screen, slider with key board, windows on it. but after so long i just got tired of having such a big phone. so i sold it on Ebay(got the phone for free). I got the LG Fusic now. im glad i did it. My boy that got me the 6700 for free has one to, im selling (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290040307461&rd=1&rd=1) iright now for him. hes selling for the same reason.

so for me, the craz is already over with.