PDA

View Full Version : Resume building.

Majpain
10-19-2006, 07:10 PM
So basicly I have to create a Resume for English class. What do I need to include on a Resume?

finfan01
10-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Name, D.O.B., school of education, hobbies, skills,

umm..................................thats some...i cant think of other things right now:confused:

Blade
10-19-2006, 09:00 PM

umm..................................thats some...i cant think of other things right now:confused:

and past employeers with dates of employment and job title and job duties.

Link
10-19-2006, 09:05 PM
http://www.rpi.edu/web/writingcenter/resume.html

That link seems to have everything you need to know. I just did a quick google search.

I actually just got done doing this. If you have microsoft works they have a number of easy to follow templates. wordperfect also has something similar. I hope that helps.

finfan01
10-19-2006, 09:21 PM
and past employeers with dates of employment and job title and job duties.

Its a high school english class. I doubt they want to see that on the sample resume:confused:

HolliFinFan
10-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Its a high school english class. I doubt they want to see that on the sample resume:confused:

Seems the kid didn't get much direction or wasn't paying attention. Some hs teachers have the kids make a "hs" level resume AND a "fabricated" one. The faux one is more realistic to the kids because the jobs they apply for in hs generally require an application, not a resume. This also gets them thinking about their future goals.

Majpain
10-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Thanks guys.

Uncle Rico II
10-19-2006, 10:13 PM

Real resumes you would leave off DOB and hobbies. School of education, yes, but type of degree and certifications are more important.

Mindwarp
10-19-2006, 10:31 PM
if you want to see a pimp layout for a resume ill PM you mine ;) its not your generic word template :chuckle:

Majpain
10-19-2006, 10:35 PM
That would be great MW.

Majpain
10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Thanks again MW. Man creating a resume is hard.

Mindwarp
10-19-2006, 10:49 PM
lol

Timmy54
10-20-2006, 11:58 AM
add charitable things you do to the bottom. makes you look goo

mor911
10-20-2006, 12:02 PM
Mindwarp goes through resumes and hire people all day long at our company... He's really good at that crap.

greatwade
10-20-2006, 12:03 PM
Mindwarp goes through resumes and hire people all day long at our company... He's really good at that crap.

don't they just pretty much just list what they are and are not willing to do?

that's hawt btw, MW. Bet you give great job satisfaction.

PhinzN703
10-20-2006, 12:08 PM
In my Portfolio class in college, the professor told us to keep it relative and simple.

Hobbies? Why do they need to know what you like to do at home? That might be an interview question but it clogs up your resume.

Include your name, home address, phone number and e-mail address.

For me, I included my skills that are relative to my job ex. Photoshop 2.0, Fireworks, Dreamweaver etc..

Then include your education starting from high school. State the school's name, where its located, either diploma/major, and when you graduated.

Follow that with your work history starting with the most recent and follow it to your first job. Include the job description but make it brief. Then list when you worked there.

Finally, at the end, you could say something like, Ask for References (which should be on a sheet by itself).

Keep it simple! Your interview will be what WOWs them not your resume. You need to get their attention. Not by a 5 pg resume but by your skills and work experience that will be most noted.

Bueno suerte!

PhinzN703
10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks again MW. Man creating a resume is hard.

Once you create it, all you have to do in the future is add to it :wink: