PDA

View Full Version : You may be right.

inFINSible
05-06-2003, 07:27 PM
I'm all for debate and people sharing their feelings but, if there is one phrase that I think could come in handy when the posts get repetitive or heated it's, "You may be right."

It's so simple and it neither claims victory or admits defeat.

It is gauranteed to end any confrontation w/out fail.

Please consider this phrase the next time you are arguing with the same person about the same thing for the hundredth time....after all, "We all may be right.".:D

t2thejz
05-06-2003, 07:30 PM
hmmm..........you may be right:sceptic:

J/k very good idea:beerbang:

WharfRat
05-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by inFINSible
I'm all for debate and people sharing their feelings but, if there is one phrase that I think could come in handy when the posts get repetitive or heated it's, "You may be right."

Please consider this phrase the next time you are arguing with the same person about the same thing for the hundredth time....after all, "We all may be right.".:D

All I know...is that signature is definately right....

nothing else much matters while I'm looking at that!! :D :goof:

CRAZYDOLFAN305
05-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Nice thought..I will try against a Bills Fan in our next debate..

DOLFANMIKE
05-06-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by WharfRat

It sounds so much more powerful for Wharfy to say "you may be right" with the huge rat wood on his signature!:D

jaketaylor
05-06-2003, 08:44 PM
I prefer the Jedi mind trick when dealing with Bill or Jets fans :D

WharfRat
05-06-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

It sounds so much more powerful for Wharfy to say "you may be right" with the huge rat wood on his signature!:D

:lolcry:

baccarat
05-06-2003, 09:36 PM

Great post. There are very few subjects where I feel even close to 100% about. I mean something can happen tomorrow that could change the way I feel about an issue. For example, if griese is arrested tomorrow for DUI, then I would no longer like him to sign on. ometimes, after everyone makes their case for their view, then you just have to agree to disagree.

Capt. Dick
05-06-2003, 10:58 PM

uh yup. :D

Clumpy
05-06-2003, 11:21 PM
I am right!

I like that :D

Prime Time
05-06-2003, 11:37 PM
No no...YOU MAY BE RIGHT. Not YOU ARE.

Jaydog57
05-07-2003, 01:40 AM
You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic your looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all i know
But you may be right :beerbang:

WharfRat
05-07-2003, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by Jaydog57
You may be right
I may be crazy
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me

:band: I was thinking the same thing Bro!!

Jaydog57
05-07-2003, 02:04 AM

:band: I was thinking the same thing Bro!! Lol, Hell yeah, we're on the same frequency......:rocker:

WharfRat
05-07-2003, 02:49 AM
Lol, Hell yeah, we're on the same frequency......:rocker:

:lol: In fact ... I've had that tune in my head most of the night!
Just goes to show ya...

Great minds rock alike! :wharf: :rocker: :infins:

dolfan06
05-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Lol, Hell yeah, we're on the same frequency......:rocker: i don't know if this is a good thing or not.:confused: :evil: could be a formula for disaster!:D :evil:

inFINSible
05-07-2003, 07:57 AM
Cristie Brinkley says "STFU about that piano playing SOB!.....Look what his bug eyed genes did to our children!!!" :eek:

WharfRat
05-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Cristie Brinkley says "STFU about that piano playing SOB!.....Look what his bug eyed genes did to our children!!!" :eek:

I'm not a big fan of Billy Joel myself... only one or two of his songs that I can even tolerate.... plus he's an a$$ ....

Marino1983
05-07-2003, 07:15 PM
You may be right
I may be crazy
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me

A little Billy Joel embellishment huh JDog?? :band: :up: Very appropriate !!!!!!;) Marino1983

Marino1983
05-07-2003, 07:18 PM

I'm not a big fan of Billy Joel myself... only one or two of his songs that I can even tolerate.... plus he's an a$$ ....

But he is a very RICH @$$ Wharf ........:bry: Marino1983

fin-atic
05-07-2003, 09:13 PM
I am still trying to figure out why debate or strong discussions are bad. That's what a forum is for. Attendance and participation on any thread or topic is optional. Anyone who is not amused or enjoying it should opt out.

Fact is those are the threads that get posts and action and volume. All which is good for this forum.

Who wants to sit around stroking each other over the possibilities if Darrius Thompson for the eleventh time when you can debate the draft. our AB, our coach, Sammy Knight, etc. etc.

The problem is people take the debate to serious and interpret it as "personal" feelings.

WharfRat
05-07-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by fin-atic
I am still trying to figure out why debate or strong discussions are bad. That's what a forum is for. Attendance and participation on any thread or topic is optional. Anyone who is not amused or enjoying it should opt out.

Fact is those are the threads that get posts and action and volume. All which is good for this forum.

Who wants to sit around stroking each other over the possibilities if Darrius Thompson for the eleventh time when you can debate the draft. our AB, our coach, Sammy Knight, etc. etc.

The problem is people take the debate to serious and interpret it as "personal" feelings.

I think perhaps you mis-understood fin-atic... I don't think it was meant to discourage debate or strong discussions.. rather to point out that getting personal is not the way to convey your point, and certainly will not make people listen to it....

JMHO... but then... you may be right..who knows?

:lol:

P4E
05-07-2003, 11:54 PM
I kinda like the all purpose, "I will certainly afford your comments all of the attention they merit."

Taken literally, it's not REALLY an insult. Right?

fin-atic
05-08-2003, 08:22 AM
I hear you Wharf. I think the most frequent thing that happens is that someone expresses an opinion, good or bad, pro or anti Dolphin, and someone thinks they have to step up and take a personal shot at them. I see it all the time. Hey if you like Jay or don't like Jay, like Wanny or not, or like the draft or not, doesn't matter. Respect everyones right to be their own person and speak what they feel. If you disagree then politely back out of the thread and go on to topics that are in line with your thinking. Or stay and debate, but debate the topic and don't turn it into personal attacks with words like "stupid" etc. When it gets to that point then you can just politely agree to disagree.

Peace.

inFINSible
05-08-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by fin-atic
I If you disagree then politely back out of the thread and go on to topics that are in line with your thinking. Or stay and debate, but debate the topic and don't turn it into personal attacks with words like "stupid" etc. When it gets to that point then you can just politely agree to disagree.

Peace.

You may be right.:)

Slaine
05-08-2003, 08:30 AM
I think that you're all right but I think that this lady is never wrong:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

:drool:

t2thejz
05-08-2003, 08:41 AM
Ya cant go wrong with that:cp:

fin-atic
05-08-2003, 11:27 AM
She defineitely keeps abreast of the issues!

Clumpy
05-08-2003, 01:10 PM
:tongue: