PDA

View Full Version : Is It Racist To Not Want To Date Outside Of Your Race..

dreday
10-21-2006, 02:10 PM
Being a military brat Ive had the luxury of living all over the world,and been able to be around many cultures.So...I never really saw a problem and never had a problem with dating outside my race.As it is Im doing that now,but we seem to have a whole lot in common and get along very well.Just curious what the fellas at Finheaven think or believe in about interracial dating.BTW my mom is from the south and at first seemed to have a little problem with it at first but has now said she just wants me to be "happy".Kinda crazy how people are raised and what they believe in.Thoughts?

Quelonio
10-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Being a military brat Ive had the luxury of living all over the world,and been able to be around many cultures.So...I never really saw a problem and never had a problem with dating outside my race.As it is Im doing that now,but we seem to have a whole lot in common and get along very well.Just curious what the fellas at Finheaven think or believe in about interracial dating.BTW my mom is from the south and at first seemed to have a little problem with it at first but has now said she just wants me to be "happy".Kinda crazy how people are raised and what they believe in.Thoughts?

I'd say it is to a certain extent, while I do believe that it is nice to be dating someone who is similar to you in one or another way (I have only dated one person that was not a Latina) I do believe that it is racist to conclude that you should only date inside your race...

dreday
10-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I'd say it is to a certain extent, while I do believe that it is nice to be dating someone who is similar to you in one or another way (I have only dated one person that was not a Latina) I do believe that it is racist to conclude that you should only date inside your race...
So you would date outside your race or is that just an after thought?

Edit- My bad I see that you have.

Roman529
10-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Wassup Dre!!! I dated a Puerto Rican lady (lived right off of Drennan Road) and we went out for about 6 months. She was a nice looking lady, looked Hispanic but kind of light skinned. I sometimes got some dirty looks and my family didn't totally approve, but I loved her and she and I hit it off. I remember her mom cussing me out in Spanish one night when I brought her home a little too late. :lol: I think if you and your significant other love each other that is all that matters. My twin brother just married a lady from Egypt and she is a Muslim, and I also have a sister-in-law who is Jewish...we all get along though. I don't think race, culture and religious differences should ever keep you from being with the one you're with.

Mike13
10-21-2006, 02:19 PM
If you really care for someone, it doesn't matter if they are black, white, blue or whatever.

dreday
10-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Wassup Dre!!! I dated a Puerto Rican lady (lived right off of Drennan Road) and we went out for about 6 months. She was a nice looking lady, looked Hispanic but kind of light skinned. I sometimes got some dirty looks and my family didn't totally approve, but I loved her and she and I hit it off. I remember her mom cussing me out in Spanish one night when I brought her home a little too late. :lol: I think if you and your significant other love each other that is all that matters. My twin brother just married a lady from Egypt and she is a Muslim, and I also have a sister-in-law who is Jewish...we all get along though. I don't think race, culture and religious differences should ever keep you from being with the one you're with.

Hey Rome, hey Ill admit it took a lil understanding in my teenage years for my mom to understand that we werent in the south and we were gonna be around many cultures being military kids.As a man I say "why limit yourself"?

WharfRat
10-21-2006, 02:22 PM
If you really care for someone, it doesn't matter if they are black, white, blue or whatever.

:yeahthat:

Roman529
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey Rome, hey Ill admit it took a lil understanding in my teenage years for my mom to understand that we werent in the south and we were gonna be around many cultures being military kids.As a man I say "why limit yourself"?

Very true. I was an Air Force brat so I have lived all over as well. I think that was one of the nicest things about growing up in a military family. I had friends of all races and backgrounds. You get to see a lot of the world. I think sometimes parents have a lot of old-fashioned values, and sometimes they worry that if you date outside your race that you are going to face a lot of discrimination, and problems. I feel you have to treat all people the way you want to be treated. That is why I love the movie Crash so much....you realize how racism can affect everyone.

Silverphin
10-21-2006, 02:31 PM

:yeahthat:

I could care less about race. I'll date any race. Just as long as she treats me right, she can expect the same in return. And then some.

Fresh
10-21-2006, 02:34 PM
No.. I've never seriously "dated" a girl who wasn't black and/or Jamaican. It's not a racial thing, it's just a matter of style & taste for me. I like girls who I can relate to & vibe with at any given time, straight up. If she's gonna be wifey, then she has to fit those qualities, which my girl does.

I've "been with" other girls, I mean, I love me some Puerto Ricans.. but I didn't take them seriously. Just one & done's, lol......But then again, I'm still with the same girl from high school. I used to mess around, but I stopped.. recently, because she's worth it. :D

dreday
10-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Very true. I was an Air Force brat so I have lived all over as well. I think that was one of the nicest things about growing up in a military family. I had friends of all races and backgrounds. You get to see a lot of the world. I think sometimes parents have a lot of old-fashioned values, and sometimes they worry that if you date outside your race that you are going to face a lot of discrimination, and problems. I feel you have to treat all people the way you want to be treated. That is why I love the movie Crash so much....you realize how racism can affect everyone.

Me too man.Was an Air Force brat.:dance: .Still I have friends that for one reason or the other dont date outside their race.Thats theyre prerogative,just seems pretty out of date and unusual to me.

Mike13
10-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Then again if you are blue you may have a severe medical problem.

Dolfan984
10-21-2006, 02:47 PM
I've dated black, hispanic, hawaiian, and asian chicks before, so yeah it matters not to me. I think it's a little racist to not date someone outside of your race, but sometimes certain girls do things to a guy that other girls might not, so it's really not racist in that sense IMO. Me not being one of those people I can't give the best opinion on that I guess. I think Blueprint said it pretty well.

Dolphin1184
10-21-2006, 03:16 PM
No. Its all about taste, as blueprint said. If you are a white guy and prefer asian chicks, all the power to you. If you are a white guy and prefer white chicks, same thing. Its all part of how you determine who you like (e.g. hair, eyes, etc).

Buddwalk
10-21-2006, 03:36 PM
black, purple, orange, blue....its all pink in the middle :dday: :dday: :dday:

anditsgood
10-21-2006, 03:37 PM
only if you wont date someone because of his/her race. if you are not the least bit attracted to them, then its not. but if you deny feelings because the color of their skin, then yes

Wombat
10-21-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm attracted to black, Hispanic, asian, Indian, and mixed girls.

FinaciousOne
10-21-2006, 03:52 PM
I've never had the desire to date outside the human race.
That doesn't mean I "hate" or "don't like" horses, sheep, dogs, Jets fans, and other creatures outside my race. Actually I'm rather fond of them....just not in that way....you know, romantically.

Quelonio
10-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I'm attracted to black, Hispanic, asian, Indian, and mixed girls.

See you are like me, In general just attracted to girls.

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 03:54 PM

Come on know, you were getting mom drunk again weren't you!:lol:

To me its no big deal, if you truly like the person and it grows into love, so be it!

My family? I'm not so sure, my grandmother would have a problem (off the boat from old Ireland) and my mother may have a problem. My dad I don't think would care. But I think it has more to do with the era they grew up in.

If my sons and daughter did, I would be fine as long as he/she seemed like a decent person. But I would be a little nervous about them out in public and what other people may do or say (Not to me but them).

Rocky Raccoon
10-21-2006, 03:54 PM
That doesn't mean I "hate" or "don't like" horses, sheep and dogs and other creatures outside my race. Actually I'm rather fond of them....just not in that way....you know, romantically.

:sidelol:

Spray Mucus
10-21-2006, 04:05 PM

Mixing breeds is the devils work.

Hellion
10-21-2006, 04:06 PM
I've dated black, hispanic, hawaiian, and asian chicks before, so yeah it matters not to me. I think it's a little racist to not date someone outside of your race, but sometimes certain girls do things to a guy that other girls might not, so it's really not racist in that sense IMO. Me not being one of those people I can't give the best opinion on that I guess. I think Blueprint said it pretty well.

What? Did you mean to say it that way? So if you choose to date a girl of your own ethnic back ground your racist?

If you choose not to date someone BECAUSE of their ethnic back ground then you are racist. Thats regardless of how pretty she may be or smart funny ect.....and you still don't date her because of her ethnicity then yes, go down to the local KKK-Mart get yourself a sheet and a hood and hit the nearest moron rally.

dreday
10-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Come on know, you were getting mom drunk again weren't you!:lol:

To me its no big deal, if you truly like the person and it grows into love, so be it!

My family? I'm not so sure, my grandmother would have a problem (off the boat from old Ireland) and my mother may have a problem. My dad I don't think would care. But I think it has more to do with the era they grew up in.

If my sons and daughter did, I would be fine as long as he/she seemed like a decent person. But I would be a little nervous about them out in public and what other people may do or say (Not to me but them).

Ive dated white girls who only date black guys IMO...It really doesnt seem to bother them.

Dolfan984
10-21-2006, 04:15 PM
What? Did you mean to say it that way? So if you choose to date a girl of your own ethnic back ground your racist?

If you choose not to date someone BECAUSE of their ethnic back ground then you are racist. Thats regardless of how pretty she may be or smart funny ect.....and you still don't date her because of her ethnicity then yes, go down to the local KKK-Mart get yourself a sheet and a hood and hit the nearest moron rally.

I meant it more like, if you only date girls of your own race, it's a little racist. Then I said right after that that it's midly racist at most. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Oh and I'm dating a white chick atm. :lol:

d-day
10-21-2006, 04:17 PM
That doesn't mean I "hate" or "don't like" horses, sheep, dogs, Jets fans, and other creatures outside my race. Actually I'm rather fond of them....just not in that way....you know, romantically.

you want romance, try puppets

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Ive dated white girls who only date black guys IMO...It really doesnt seem to bother them.

yeah, but we know why!!!!:lol:

How's mom!

dreday
10-21-2006, 04:21 PM
yeah, but we know why!!!!:lol:

How's mom!
:lol: Mom is cool.As you can see in the photos she pretty open minded.I just think growing up in the south there was a stigma attached.She doesnt care what I do long as I dont kill anybody.:lol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 04:23 PM
:lol: Mom is cool.As you can see in the photos she pretty open minded.I just think growing up in the south there was a stigma attached.She doesnt care what I do long as I dont kill anybody.:lol:

Then keep that thing in your pants brother!!:lol:

dreday
10-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Then keep that thing in your pants brother!!:lol:
I'll have to disagree with you on that one my man.:lol: :D

BritP
10-21-2006, 04:31 PM
It all boils down to chemistry....color, race, religion, older, younger, taller, shorter, fat, skinny ...none of that matters.

FinaciousOne
10-21-2006, 04:31 PM

I've always been wary of partners who offer love with strings attached.

dreday
10-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Puppet sex d-day?:confused2 :escape:

d-day
10-21-2006, 04:38 PM
I've always been wary of partners who offer love with strings attached.

you need to learn to cut those strings fin and then afterwards you can use them for some added extra fun

nice post btw :golfclap:

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 04:52 PM
It all boils down to chemistry....color, race, religion, older, younger, taller, shorter, fat, skinny ...none of that matters.

So wise for a youngen!:wink:

BritP
10-21-2006, 04:55 PM
So wise for a youngen!:wink:

I wish sweetie. I am just a goofus, but chemistry...that I do KNOW....you just know....just a look will radiate like a lightning bolt from that person back and back....instant chemistry. You just 'know'.

FinaciousOne
10-21-2006, 04:58 PM
you need to learn to cut those strings fin and then afterwards you can use them for some added extra fun

nice post btw :golfclap:

Hmm.....maybe you're right, "Love Doctor" D-Day. I guess I'll have to cast off my puritanical inhibitions and keep an open mind to the possibilities on my next ride through "It's A Small World After All".
Who knows, maybe you'll read about me in the newspaper.

Coral Reefer
10-21-2006, 05:09 PM
Me too man.Was an Air Force brat.:dance: .Still I have friends that for one reason or the other dont date outside their race.Thats theyre prerogative,just seems pretty out of date and unusual to me.

I did'nt know that personal choice or preferences could ever be out of date or unusual.

It's like saying someone's unusual because they only want to date blondes over brunettes or a girl with short hair over long hair.

Now, if someone isn't turned on by the look of a certain race, it's fair to consider them racist?

This racist line is seeping into every single part of our society. The "political correct" police that want to bring race into everything is the biggest thing making race relations worse IMO.

FinaciousOne
10-21-2006, 05:09 PM
I wish sweetie. I am just a goofus, but chemistry...that I do KNOW....you just know....just a look will radiate like a lightning bolt from that person back and back....instant chemistry. You just 'know'.

So true, So true.
It reminds me of the first time I laid eyes on the girl who was destined to become Mrs. Finny.
Our eyes met and I thought to myself, "Looking in her eyes, I see a face that makes time stand still."
Though I'm shy and have trouble expressing myself under pressure, face to face, I just knew I had to tell her what I thought.
So I did it. Without breaking eye contact, I walked right up to her and blurted out, "You have a face that could stop a clock."

d-day
10-21-2006, 05:14 PM
So true, So true.
It reminds me of the first time I laid eyes on the girl who was destined to become Mrs. Finny.
Our eyes met and I thought to myself, "Looking in her eyes, I see a face that makes time stand still."
Though I'm shy and have trouble expressing myself under pressure, face to face, I just knew I had to tell her what I thought.
So I did it. Without breaking eye contact, I walked right up to her and blurted out, "You have a face that could stop a clock."

i need firerockets - i remember the first time i made out with chauncey - he's one of the puppets you see in my avatar - what a night of explosions that was...

dreday
10-21-2006, 05:15 PM
I did'nt know that personal choice or preferences could ever be out of date or unusual.

It's like saying someone's unusual because they only want to date blondes over brunettes or a girl with short hair over long hair.

Now, if someone isn't turned on by the look of a certain race, it's fair to consider them racist?

This racist line is seeping into every single part of our society. The "political correct" police that want to bring race into everything is the biggest thing making race relations worse IMO.

Well thats why I asked the question.A certain group of people may.

Coral Reefer
10-21-2006, 05:17 PM

:lol:

Nice one.

Could have been worse, I had a friend that told a girl "you have a face that would make a train jump it's tracks and take a dirt road."

Of course his comments had different motivation as she had just told him .... "get lost, I'm not interested!"

BritP
10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
i need firerockets - i remember the first time i made out with chauncey - he's one of the puppets you see in my avatar - what a night of explosions that was...

:sidelol: Firerocks, fireworks....I need my toes to curl on that first kiss. :lol:

BritP
10-21-2006, 05:21 PM
:lol:

Nice one.

Could have been worse, I had a friend that told a girl "you have a face that would make a train jump it's tracks and take a dirt road."

Of course his comments had different motivation as she had just told him .... "get lost, I'm not interested!"

Well that sucks....your friend pays a girl a nice compliment and she says that to him, that stinks. I could never be cruel like that. If I wasn't interested in a guy that said something sweet like that I would still thank them for the nice comment.

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I am white and within the last couple years have only dated black chicks. Now that is not to say that I wouldn't date any other race if they came along, but I only actively look to date black girls. I am of the opinion like some of you have stated, that who gives a flying crap what anyone thinks as long as you and her are happy. I could get a million dirty looks but they can kiss my butt imo. It is all about being happy.

Now I have a friend who is white and only dates white girls. It's not because he is a racist, he is just simply not attracted to any other race. So in that instance he is no way near a racist.

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 05:26 PM

WHAT!?!?!?!? Dangit, Chauncey told me I was his only. :shakeno: :boohoo:

dreday
10-21-2006, 05:31 PM
I am white and within the last couple years have only dated black chicks. Now that is not to say that I wouldn't date any other race if they came along, but I only actively look to date black girls. I am of the opinion like some of you have stated, that who gives a flying crap what anyone thinks as long as you and her are happy. I could get a million dirty looks but they can kiss my butt imo. It is all about being happy.

Now I have a friend who is white and only dates white girls. It's not because he is a racist, he is just simply not attracted to any other race. So in that instance he is no way near a racist.
Hey and thats cool too Texas...but when you date interacially you have to deal more negative people than not.For instance some black women think its wrong because they think other races are "taking" their black men away from them.I just think its wrong to think that way.My girl is half phillipino and half-white,and here in CO we dont have too much of a problem.Now if I we were to go to Memphis and visit moms,different story.And maybe what I really want to say I didnt have to really deal with the dating-interacially and predjudice so much growing up.

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Hey and thats cool too Texas...but when you date interacially you have to deal more negative people than not.For instance some black women think its wrong because they think other races are "taking" their black men away from them.I just think its wrong to think that way.My girl is half phillipino and half-white,and here in CO we dont have too much of a problem.Now if I we were to go to Memphis and visit moms,different story.And maybe what I really want to say I didnt have to really deal with the dating-interacially and predjudice so much growing up.

Yeah I hear ya. I won't lie, it is hard to find black women who date white guys. It's always kind of a question I open with if I am talking to a girl I am interested in. You know......" What do you do for fun? What are your goals in life? Do you date white dudes? " It does kinda roll off the tongue :tongue: .

But I don't even look at it as me being out with another race, she's just someone that I am out with and interested in.:D

Coral Reefer
10-21-2006, 05:46 PM
If I wasn't interested in a guy that said something sweet like that I would still thank them for the nice comment.

More girls should be willing to take a compliment without giving the usual attitude. You seem like a really grounded chick. Good for you.

I need my toes to curl on that first kiss..

Strange, I'm not much of a toe curler myself but every time I glance at that pic of you in your sig I get curlage.

Wait, did I just say that out loud....
:foundout:

GoBills24
10-21-2006, 05:59 PM
It's not racism, it's preference.

BritP
10-21-2006, 05:59 PM
More girls should be willing to take a compliment without giving the usual attitude. You seem like a really grounded chick. Good for you.

Strange, I'm not much of a toe curler myself but every time I glance at that pic of you in your sig I get curlage.

Wait, did I just say that out loud....
:foundout:

Funny thing is...compliments make me uncomfortable cuz I know I know I am such a doofus, but being mean is just wrong.

AHHAHAHAHAHAH :sidelol: :sidelol: on the curleage comment.

King Nate
10-21-2006, 06:02 PM

Chauncey is pretty freakin' amazing.

And that Clarence...hoo doggies...hoo. Hootie hoo.

BritP
10-21-2006, 06:04 PM

WoW, that good huh? :D

d-day
10-21-2006, 06:04 PM

and with that - time to bust out the ol nana clip... :hi5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elEiG33pvIc&search=wonder%20showzen

King Nate
10-21-2006, 06:07 PM
WoW, that good huh? :D

It was :hump:tastic.

King Nate
10-21-2006, 06:09 PM

:chuckle:

Do they have the infamous patience clip as well?

BritP
10-21-2006, 06:12 PM
It was :hump:tastic.

WoW I am so envious. I feel left out, always a bridesmaid, never a bride. :(

TexasFish20

:mdfin: :ffic: :hi5: :woot:

d-day
WHAT!?!?!?!? Dangit, Chauncey told me I was his only. :shakeno: :boohoo:

"It's called tough love, you dumb slut!"

d-day
10-21-2006, 06:13 PM
:chuckle:

Do they have the infamous patience clip as well?

you mean this one...? :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKgkaR2JZdM&search=wonder%20showzen

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM

So is it official this thread has transformed into a "Wondershowzen is one of the best shows ever!" THREAD??

d-day
10-21-2006, 06:16 PM
So is it official this thread has transformed into a "Wondershowzen is one of the best shows ever!" THREAD??

naw - i aint no thread hi-jacker - thats sprays and wades department :wink:

i love dating outside my race - would be kind of boring just using salt all time - that's why we have a spice rack :dday:

King Nate
10-21-2006, 06:16 PM

Yep, that's the one. Still makes me want to bash my face on the keyboard. And not in the way that I do it when I'm feelin' frisky

King Nate
10-21-2006, 06:17 PM

"1...2...3..."

"Hi kids, it's im--..."

"GO!"

d-day
10-21-2006, 06:22 PM
"1...2...3..."

"Hi kids, it's im--..."

"GO!"

"Do you ever get mad when people try to bite you in your nuggets?"

TexasFish20
10-21-2006, 06:25 PM

i love dating outside my race - would be kind of boring just using salt all time - that's why we have a spice rack :dday:

Yeah me likes the pepper!!!!!!! :D

finfan01
10-21-2006, 06:40 PM

Gee.......I wish more women were like that...

SCall13
10-21-2006, 07:54 PM

It isn't racist if you prefer not to. Racisim is a hatred thing. Dating is a preference thing.

ih8brady
10-21-2006, 08:26 PM
whether or not you date only this race or that race or all races is an issue of sexual attraction. It has nothing to do with prejudice or racism. Do all gay men hate women just because they are not attracted to or have relations with women?

CrunchTime
10-21-2006, 09:25 PM
One thing to keep in mind is that if you marry someone from another race ,culture or religion you are also marrying that persons family.

Sometimes the cultural differences can be hard to overcome

Its a generalization thats not always true but I think most counselors would advise you should try to marry someone as close to your cultural and religious background as possible.

You have a better chance to make a marriage work that way.

lazareth
10-21-2006, 10:58 PM
surprised no one has mentioned the obvious:
it is only racist to not want to date outside of your race if you ARE a racist

:lol: love the spice rack analogy d-day :hi5:

Mephistopheles
10-22-2006, 06:15 PM
All ***** is pink so it doesn't matter to me.

Silverphin
10-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Gee.......I wish more women were like that...

Tell me about it.