PDA

View Full Version : And the Heisman goes to...........

Pages : [1] 2

fishfanfromjerz
10-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Ray Rice.....RUTGERS!

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-21-2006, 08:51 PM
steve slaton! :yes:

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Troy Smith will probably get it (and he does deserve it).

BUT IMO the top 3 should be Ray Rice, Garrett Wolfe, and Steve Slaton.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-21-2006, 08:55 PM
i don't think garrett wolfe deserves any consideration now. he's been stopped by two bad teams two straight games now. only had 45 yards against temple this week, and had like 20 last week against western michigan.

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 08:57 PM
Wolfe is completely out of it imo. I think it'll come down to Smith/Quinn/Slaton/Johnson with Smith in the lead then the other 3 in any order.

54Fins
10-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Ray Rice.....RUTGERS!You better believe it!!!:D :D :D

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Wolfe is completely out of it imo. I think it'll come down to Smith/Quinn/Slaton/Johnson with Smith in the lead then the other 3 in any order.

then it should go to one of the many sophomore backs that have been carrying their teams. James Davis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Darrent McFadden take your pick.

Nothing against Quinn or Smith, I just think those RBs have carried their teams to places no one expected them to be.

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 09:07 PM
then it should go to one of the many sophomore backs that have been carrying their teams. James Davis, Steve Slaton, Ray Rice, Darrent McFadden take your pick.

Nothing against Quinn or Smith, I just think those RBs have carried their teams to places no one expected them to be.

It would take a ridiculous season for a sophmore to win it and it wont happen, other than maybe Slaton. One because voters know they have more years to try for it, and two a lot of those players on your list havent gotten much national attention and it's pretty late for them to make up ground. Also I dont really agree with those guys carring their teams to places no one expected them to be. WVU especially.

MikeO
10-21-2006, 09:09 PM
Troy Smith will be up there. Slaton will be there.

Brady Quinn put himself back in the race today with that win as well

305TillIDie
10-21-2006, 09:42 PM
Tory Smith or Slaton :yes:

LouPhinFan
10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Tory Smith or Slaton :yes:

:yeahthat:

NJFINSFAN1
10-21-2006, 10:25 PM
Smith will win, but Rice will get top five, which is huge for a rutgers kid!

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 10:34 PM
Its been a while since a heisman race has been so onesided....troy Smith was the preseason fav. and is just coasting along..

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Its been a while since a heisman race has been so onesided....troy Smith was the preseason fav. and is just coasting along..

He wasnt the preseason fav, but he is coasting along.

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 10:39 PM

last year was a while ago? Reggie Bush was the preseason favorite, AND won by the largest margin ever.

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 10:48 PM
He wasnt the preseason fav, but he is coasting along.

Depends on who you ask..alot of "analysts" had Smith..some had Quinn, but most had troy.

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 10:51 PM
last year was a while ago? Reggie Bush was the preseason favorite, AND won by the largest margin ever.

Vince Young.....was the best player in college football..he showed it on the games biggest stage, while Bush was on the sidelines watching L.White.

Sadly for Vince the award is in December not January. I think there were lots of people wo thought Vince shoulda won..myself included.

ChambersWI
10-21-2006, 10:54 PM
Vince Young.....was the best player in college football..he showed it on the games biggest stage, while Bush was on the sidelines watching L.White.

Sadly for Vince the award is in December not January. I think there were lots of people wo thought Vince shoulda won..myself included.

reggie had a great game as well, he just made his impact in the second half. Plus Reggie single handedly won the Arizona State, Oregon, Fresno State, and Notre Dame games for USC last year.

FLOUNDER
10-21-2006, 10:56 PM
It will probply be troy smith, but i think slaton will finish 2nd

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 10:58 PM
reggie had a great game as well, he just made his impact in the second half. Plus Reggie single handedly won the Arizona State, Oregon, Fresno State, and Notre Dame games for USC last year.

Notre dame???? You must have been watching a different game than me...single handedly?? I dont think so:lol: .....that Matt Lienart guy threw a pretty darn nice pass on 4th and 13 that if incomplete was the ball game...

..and if you want to see the games Young won for Texas including beating USC..just look at the schedule..no player was better in 05 than Young..too bad the heisman vote is after the reg season or there woulda been no doubt.

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Depends on who you ask..alot of "analysts" had Smith..some had Quinn, but most had troy.

No, other way around. I didnt see Smith on the cover of magazines as the Heisman front-runner. Either way it is Smiths to lose now.

FLOUNDER
10-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Yep, all i saw was Quinn, and look at him now...

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 11:01 PM

Yeah, he's horrible :lol: I bet most people tomorrow have him in 2nd, at worst 3rd in the Heisman race

FLOUNDER
10-21-2006, 11:04 PM
He's deffinetly not a front runner :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 11:05 PM

Quinn has always been a litle overatted...he gets pumped up to be better than he really is just because he goes to the darling that is Notre Dame...like today that last play to big Jeff....he's wide open and its the run after the catch that allows the score...dont get me wrong Brady can make some good throws but he's not the 2nd coming that people want to think he is.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-21-2006, 11:07 PM
every top QB every year is going to be overrated in some ways. troy smith is vastly overrated by buckeye fans.

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 11:08 PM
He's deffinetly not a front runner :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Id say 2nd or 3rd in the race puts him in pretty good position.

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 11:09 PM
every top QB every year is going to be overrated in some ways. troy smith is vastly overrated by buckeye fans.

How do you figure?? I havent heard anyoe call him the greatest QB in college football history?? And there is no arguement he is the best QB in college football this year....so how is he overrated by Buckeye fans??

FLOUNDER
10-21-2006, 11:10 PM
It all depends on what happens in the next few weeks. If Ohio State can keep winning, i see no reason why troy smith wouldnt win it

DonShula84
10-21-2006, 11:18 PM
How do you figure?? I havent heard anyoe call him the greatest QB in college football history?? And there is no arguement he is the best QB in college football this year....so how is he overrated by Buckeye fans??

I've never heard anyone say Quinn was the greatest QB in college football history either

DBoston80
10-21-2006, 11:19 PM
I've never heard anyone say Quinn was the greatest QB in college football history either

..right me either, but there is no question who has played far better this year.

Majpain
10-22-2006, 12:09 AM
Ok I would hope to think everyone says Troy Smith for obvious reason.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-22-2006, 12:13 AM

so? reggie won the heisman. and he deserved it.

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 12:34 AM
Ok I would hope to think everyone says Troy Smith for obvious reason.

Plenty of time for that to change :wink:

Majpain
10-22-2006, 12:37 AM
Plenty of time for that to change :wink:

Don't say things you dont mean! :lol::wink:

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Don't say things you dont mean! :lol::wink:

I really cant root for Michigan against anyone especially OSU, I think my grandmother would disown me if I tried, but if Michigan beats up on OSU and ND stomps USC Quinn has a shot. Assuming of course Quinn doesnt have a bad game against one of the cupcakes we have leading up to USC, which is possible unfortunately. But Smith is clear cut #1 right now.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
10-22-2006, 02:50 AM
First off; as for carring teams how do you not put Quinn up there as the guy that carries his team most in the NCAA right now. Well for a top 25 team that is. It amazes me watching him will ND to wins and I really don't like that team. Quinn is a top notch college football player and if the award was MVP and not Heisman then Quinn would be a shoe in at this point in the season. ND would be in no where near the spot there are in right now in the BCS hunt if it wasn't for Quinn.

The Heisman is Troy Smith's if he continues to play at the level he is playing right now. He is on an undefeated team and the more wins OU gets the more likely it is Smith will win the Heisman. He is supported by a good Running game and Defense which only helps out his chances. Troy Smith has to lay an egg in order to get passed by another player.

I am a WVU fan and love Super Steve as the RB on my team but I doubt he gets the vote for the Heisman this year. Pat White is as much key player on the WVU team as Slaton. They play off on another and if one isn't able to get going then the other will take up the slack. This year opponents have stacked the box and keyed on Slaton in order to try to stay in the game. It has stopped Slaton from putting up the numbers I think he needs in order to win the Heisman. He will need to put up over 200 yards in at least half the remaining games and play well in the rest to get the Trophy.

Ray Rice has looked very good so far this year and is on a Rutgers team that really needs him to put up big numbers to win the tough games. Rutgers QB had 75yrds and a TD, Leonard had 50 yards rushing.... Rice had 229 yards and a TD rushing. He is the Rutgers Offense and will get more consideration then Slaton at this point since WVU has other options.

Right now I would say the Heisman is
(1) Troy Smith
(2) Brady Quinn
(3) Ray Rice
(4) Steve Slaton

That is after this week of college football. With Rice jumping alot of other players to get some top consideration for the Heisman with his performance this week. Slaton just has to get a bigger bulk of WVU's yardage to move up.

Calvin Johnson drops down alot after this week. Also Henne, Hart, Ainge and Wolfe didn't do much recently to get top billing.

It is a 4 man race at this point. I think Rice will not get the consideration in the voting he deserves and Slaton isn't a one man show at WVU. Smith has to just keep up what he is doing to win. Quinn needs to carry ND like he did this week against UCLA a few more times if he wants to jump to the top.

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 12:03 PM
I tell you what..after watching in utter pain Brady Quinn march down the field against UCLA and win it Id have to go with Quinn at number 1..this comin from a guy who thinks thier is a conspiracy with the NCAA and Notre Dame :tongue:

Majpain
10-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I tell you what..after watching in utter pain Brady Quinn march down the field against UCLA and win it Id have to go with Quinn at number 1..this comin from a guy who thinks thier is a conspiracy with the NCAA and Notre Dame :tongue:

... Let me guess you haven't watched Troy Smith.

DBoston80
10-22-2006, 12:12 PM

:sidelol: :sidelol: ..the same guy who threw 3 picks vs Michigan in a loss??? Why is Brady getting all the credit for making simple throws and having Smardja break tackles and score?? Truly laughable.

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 12:22 PM
it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..

Majpain
10-22-2006, 12:31 PM
it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..

LOL ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! Oh man you make me laugh.

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 12:33 PM
why do I even bother tryin to state an opinion and argue with tOSU fans...:shakeno:

Majpain
10-22-2006, 12:53 PM
why do I even bother tryin to state an opinion and argue with tOSU fans...:shakeno:

Its because your opinion lacks the facts thats why.

cheyannefan
10-22-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm not trying to argue with you, but if you saw that game the reason OSU won was because of Smith. The defining play of this year was when Troy was under great pressure, got away, revesed his field, stopped, and then threw a laser TD to Brian Robskie. He has done that more than once this year as well. Agains MSU, I believe, he was in a defenders grasp and threw a very nice TD pass. These throws weren't luck either. They were just great plays by Smith.
here is the youtube link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnjgP5gyHUU

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 01:48 PM
Its because your opinion lacks the facts thats why.

and yours does?

Majpain
10-22-2006, 01:52 PM
and yours does?

Yes because Ive actually seen Troy Smith play. He doesnt choke under the big games like some QB's.

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 02:22 PM
:sidelol: :sidelol: ..the same guy who threw 3 picks vs Michigan in a loss??? Why is Brady getting all the credit for making simple throws and having Smardja break tackles and score?? Truly laughable.

I love how you OSU fans cant give other people credit. How about Quinn marching them down the field, then on the td throw a nice pump fake freezes the lb helping Samardzija get open, rolling out and delivering the ball so he can turn up field, break a tackle and score. You act like it was a WR screen and the WR did everything and Quinn just got lucky. When the clock is an issue there is no QB in football I'd rather have than Quinn, be it before the half or the end of a game.

And an OSU fan cant talk about WR doing a lot of work I'm sorry.

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes because Ive actually seen Troy Smith play. He doesnt choke under the big games like some QB's.

wow, yeah Quinn really choked yesterday or against MSU. Dont talk about your opinions having fact then bring trash like this to back it up.

Majpain
10-22-2006, 02:25 PM
wow, yeah Quinn really choked yesterday or against MSU. Dont talk about your opinions having fact then bring trash like this to back it up.

Did he not choke vs Michigan?

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 02:26 PM

He had a bad game, I dont know if having a bad game means he choked. And one game certainly doesnt make him a choker. Did Smith choke against PSU and get saved by his defense?

Let me know when Smith leads a come back in the 4th quarter like Quinn has done 3 times in 10 months and then you can say Quinn chokes in big spots.

For the record, I believe Smith is in the lead for the Heisman and it is his to lose. But he hasnt won it yet.

HysterikiLL
10-22-2006, 05:28 PM
I agree with The Don. It's really Smiths to lose IMO. I look at other players and really have to ask "how does this guy deserve it more than Smith?". Smith is leading his team and not making mistakes. All you can really ask for.

Having said that, this seems like the year of the underdog and I'd really like to see Slaton, Rice, Wolfe win it, or even Ian Johnson. Personally, I think it should go to Michigans defensive line.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-22-2006, 05:53 PM
no, he didn't. i guess troy smith choked against penn state last year?

Motion
10-22-2006, 05:59 PM

Amen

Motion
10-22-2006, 06:01 PM

It really is a waste of time. They're "perfect".

Majpain
10-22-2006, 07:15 PM
It really is a waste of time. They're "perfect".

Aww thank baby :wink::sidelol:

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Im srry buckeyes...i was unaware of how perfect you guys were? forgive me

DBoston80
10-22-2006, 08:10 PM
Perfect???? You guys been lookin at our record again???:D

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 08:11 PM
no matter what the record there will always be controversy

DBoston80
10-22-2006, 08:21 PM
no matter what the record there will always be controversy

Let people talk...try to down play Ohio State and Troy Smith's success....they will be eating sour grapes when he wins the heisman and we go back to Tempe.

Brady Quinn is not on the same level as Troy....everything he does gets blown up because he goes to ND....

Everyone sems to forget Troy and Brady went head to head at the Fiesta last year....and the result was a BLOWOUT!

Dors156
10-22-2006, 08:24 PM
troy smith

AirFishOne
10-22-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree QUinn at ND helps ALOT...but Quinn isnt completley terrible I would say that he has a better shot in the NFL but I dont wanna turn this into a "who cares what they do in the nfl" convo

DonShula84
10-22-2006, 08:45 PM
Let people talk...try to down play Ohio State and Troy Smith's success....they will be eating sour grapes when he wins the heisman and we go back to Tempe.

Brady Quinn is not on the same level as Troy....everything he does gets blown up because he goes to ND....

Everyone sems to forget Troy and Brady went head to head at the Fiesta last year....and the result was a BLOWOUT!

The result wasnt a blow out as was shown in other threads. Down 7 with under 5 minutes left in a game isnt a blow out in the real world. Plus, it wasnt Brady vs Troy it was ND vs OSU and OSU was the better team. That isnt Quinns fault so it's a dumb point to try to make.

It'd be like me arguing Quinn played better against PSU and MSU then Troy did so Brady is better.

Majpain
10-22-2006, 09:08 PM
The result wasnt a blow out as was shown in other threads. Down 7 with under 5 minutes left in a game isnt a blow out in the real world. Plus, it wasnt Brady vs Troy it was ND vs OSU and OSU was the better team. That isnt Quinns fault so it's a dumb point to try to make.

It'd be like me arguing Quinn played better against PSU and MSU then Troy did so Brady is better.

But Troy is playing a better football.

DBoston80
10-22-2006, 10:03 PM
Brady has had a fine college career...he's just not gonna win the Heisman..even IF Smith screws up..Id look elsewhere ecspecially since Notre Dame is gonna lose 2 more games anyway.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 08:30 AM

Because many seem to think that just because he is doing so well with the buckeyes, that he deserves to be taken in the 1st round of the draft, and I've seen a lot of people even say he should be the 1st QB taken.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 09:32 AM
Because many seem to think that just because he is doing so well with the buckeyes, that he deserves to be taken in the 1st round of the draft, and I've seen a lot of people even say he should be the 1st QB taken.

If you can find one post where I said he is even a first rounder....Ill kiss your...........um wife....Troy Smith is the best QB in College football but that doesnt by any means mean he is the most NFL ready Qb.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 09:36 AM
If you can find one post where I said he is even a first rounder....Ill kiss your...........um wife....Troy Smith is the best QB in College football but that doesnt by any means mean he is the most NFL ready Qb.

I know, I didn't say you. You asked why we thought he was overrated by buckeyes fans. I said I had seen many people on here saying he should be a 1st round pick simply because of his numbers. I never once said YOU posted such a thing.

Also, I don't think Smith is the best QB in college, he just happens to be QB for the #1 ranked team in the country. Brohm and Quinn both are better QBs I think. Put either one of them in Troy's position and I would bet they would be putting up better numbers than Troy.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-23-2006, 09:38 AM
typical buckeyes fan to get bent out of shape over that post though. :D

DeathStar
10-23-2006, 10:56 AM
brady quinn.

Bumpus
10-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Quinn has always been a litle overatted...he gets pumped up to be better than he really is just because he goes to the darling that is Notre Dame...like today that last play to big Jeff....he's wide open and its the run after the catch that allows the score...dont get me wrong Brady can make some good throws but he's not the 2nd coming that people want to think he is.
...you mean kinda like the darling that is Ohio State?:lol:

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:01 PM
...you mean kinda like the darling that is Ohio State?:lol:

yea For every Buckeye backer..there are 10 haters...if you dont think ND is a media darling you havent been paying attention to College football for a long time.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:02 PM
typical buckeyes fan to get bent out of shape over that post though. :D

..right as opposed to the rational Florida fans......:lol: C'mon man

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-23-2006, 01:07 PM
yea For every Buckeye backer..there are 10 haters...if you dont think ND is a media darling you havent been paying attention to College football for a long time.
and how many people are saying brady quinn (or any ND player) is overrated because they're "media darlings?" completely ignoring what they do no the field and just basing your opinion on going against the opposite of what ESPN says. lame.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 01:13 PM

I admit I'm an OSU, but mainly because of thier fans. I'm an ND hater, in the sense that I just want to see them lose due to thier historical dominance(same way I feel about the yankes). I can freely admit though when they have good teams and great players. But for you to think that playing at OSU doesn't do the same for someone at a school like ND as far as media perception goes is foolish. I can name probably around 17 schools that garner more national attention than the other 112, making it easier for those players to be household names, even if players on those other 112 teams have similar stats.

Motion
10-23-2006, 01:14 PM
..right as opposed to the rational Florida fans......:lol: C'mon man
Exactly right, you see any Florida fans saying the Gators are perfect? Or saying Leak for Heisman anymore? No team is perfect, including OSU.

Don't go there. The OSU fans have every reason to be confident in their team. But theres a difference between confidence and complete arrogance.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:15 PM
and how many people are saying brady quinn (or any ND player) is overrated because they're "media darlings?" completely ignoring what they do no the field and just basing your opinion on going against the opposite of what ESPN says. lame.

LOL...wow way to point out things I DIDNT say to try and prove a bad point...

..I could care less about ESPN...I watch Notre Dame games..my opinion of Brady is from what I have seen...He's good...but not great...he doesnt do everything Troy does....Troy looks like an even more accurate passer..obviously Troy is a better decision maker....Brady does nothing BETTER than Smith..maybe they are even keel on most fronts.but you can tell who the better overall player is.......

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:17 PM
Exactly right, you see any Florida fans saying the Gators are perfect? Or saying Leak for Heisman anymore? No team is perfect, including OSU.

Don't go there. The OSU fans have every reason to be confident in their team. But theres a difference between confidence and complete arrogance.

Arrogance is your opinion.....there is a big difference between Facts and opinions.....

And please dont ever mention Leak and perfect within the same paragraph...

Stitches
10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
LOL...wow way to point out things I DIDNT say to try and prove a bad point...

..I could care less about ESPN...I watch Notre Dame games..my opinion of Brady is from what I have seen...He's good...but not great...he doesnt do everything Troy does....Troy looks like an even more accurate passer..obviously Troy is a better decision maker....Brady does nothing BETTER than Smith..maybe they are even keel on most fronts.but you can tell who the better overall player is.......

Quinn is the better overall player. The offense I see ND run on saturdays is much more complex than the one I see OSU run. Maybe it's just the play calling, because in OSU's case if it ain't broke, why fix it? But ND obviously is running a more complex scheme most days.

Motion
10-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Arrogance is your opinion.....there is a big difference between Facts and opinions.....

Apparently its alot more than just my opinion. Fact is your boys have called OSU perfect in writing, thats what I'm referring too.

Pathetic.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 01:19 PM

What if it says in the paragraph that Leak under intense pressure throws a perfect pass to the Auburn defender?

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Quinn is the better overall player. The offense I see ND run on saturdays is much more complex than the one I see OSU run. Maybe it's just the play calling, because in OSU's case if it ain't broke, why fix it? But ND obviously is running a more complex scheme most days.

Ofcourse its more complex..Charlie Weiss is Notre Dame's coach and conservative Tressel's Ohio State's......

That being said there are plays Troy Smith can make that Quinn is just not capable of..I can not say there are plays Troy cant make that Brady can....Brady is a good QB but he's just not at the level of Smith..

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:29 PM
What if it says in the paragraph that Leak under intense pressure throws a perfect pass to teh Aubrun defender?

That would be more accurate...alot of QB's at EVERY level crumble under defensive pressure....so I dont blame a college QB for doing the same.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 01:32 PM
Ofcourse its more complex..Charlie Weiss is Notre Dame's coach and conservative Tressel's Ohio State's......

That being said there are plays Troy Smith can make that Quinn is just not capable of..I can not say there are plays Troy cant make that Brady can....Brady is a good QB but he's just not at the level of Smith..

Athletically they might not be on the same level. But I think there are a lot of throws that Quinn can make that Troy just can't.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:34 PM
Athletically they might not be on the same level. But I think there are a lot of throws that Quinn can make that Troy just can't.

I would like to know wich ones....he throws a great deep ball..he's got the arm strength to throw deep comebacks....I just cant see wich one's.

Stitches
10-23-2006, 01:41 PM
I would like to know wich ones....he throws a great deep ball..he's got the arm strength to throw deep comebacks....I just cant see wich one's.

It's not something I can describe. I lack the descriptive vocabulary to accurately describe the scenario, as well as the technical descriptions of certain routes vs coverages. But just watching how they throw, the velocity of the ball, the accuracy, you can see it and just be like, 'yea, no way ____ could ever make that throw consistently.'

and I wouldn't say Troy throws a great deep ball. Sure he can throw a spiral, and throw it far, but he just has to put it in front of his recievers. Normally the closest DBs on deep balls are 5 yards behind the WR and losing ground. Ginn runs like a 4.29 and Gonzo runs like a 4.4 prolly, they just run by everyone on the deep balls. He doesn't have to place the ball on the outside shoulder(or anywhere else for that matter), effectively sealing the DB from the ball, because his recievers are so fast.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 01:52 PM
It's not something I can describe. I lack the descriptive vocabulary to accurately describe the scenario, as well as the technical descriptions of certain routes vs coverages. But just watching how they throw, the velocity of the ball, the accuracy, you can see it and just be like, 'yea, no way ____ could ever make that throw consistently.'

and I wouldn't say Troy throws a great deep ball. Sure he can throw a spiral, and throw it far, but he just has to put it in front of his recievers. Normally the closest DBs on deep balls are 5 yards behind the WR and losing ground. Ginn runs like a 4.29 and Gonzo runs like a 4.4 prolly, they just run by everyone on the deep balls. He doesn't have to place the ball on the outside shoulder(or anywhere else for that matter), effectively sealing the DB from the ball, because his recievers are so fast.

I see your point but ALL Wr's adjust there speed and bodys to the ball in the air...you RARELY see a QB hit a guy in stride over the shoulder on a deep ball..thats rare at any level.

Motion
10-23-2006, 02:06 PM
What if it says in the paragraph that Leak under intense pressure throws a perfect pass to the Auburn defender?
:yeahthat: :lol:

That would be more accurate...alot of QB's at EVERY level crumble under defensive pressure....so I dont blame a college QB for doing the same.

Exactly, I never said Leak was perfect. You took it out of context.

Oboy
10-23-2006, 02:18 PM
Right now I don't think many will doubt it is Troy Smith's to lose. However, there is still more football to be played. All it really takes is one bad game to let someone else in the race.

DonShula84
10-23-2006, 04:36 PM

I really think this is overplayed, especially now. In the past maybe you'd have a case. Just look at the polls, we have a bye week and drop, we win a close game we drop. Other teams had a bye and moved up, lost close games and moved up. There isnt much evidence that ND is the darling of the press and gets a pass. Just watch Mark May slam ND every night. I mean the press has all but given Smith the Heisman and the winner of OSU v Michigan the national title.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 04:47 PM
I really think this is overplayed, especially now. In the past maybe you'd have a case. Just look at the polls, we have a bye week and drop, we win a close game we drop. Other teams had a bye and moved up, lost close games and moved up. There isnt much evidence that ND is the darling of the press and gets a pass. Just watch Mark May slam ND every night. I mean the press has all but given Smith the Heisman and the winner of OSU v Michigan the national title.

??Ummmm its not like the winner wouldnt be VERY deserving...I mean they are the #1 and #2 teams in the BCS??

DonShula84
10-23-2006, 05:03 PM
??Ummmm its not like the winner wouldnt be VERY deserving...I mean they are the #1 and #2 teams in the BCS??

It's a little early to hand the award to either team though. Especially when they still have to play another very good team in the bowl game. Ignore that though, lets just crown the winner.

DBoston80
10-23-2006, 11:03 PM
It's a little early to hand the award to either team though. Especially when they still have to play another very good team in the bowl game. Ignore that though, lets just crown the winner.

I dont remember hearing anyone defenitively saying OSU or Michigan will win the National title....you just hear that the winner will be playing in Tempe...and thats very likely if you look at both teams schedule...I will say this..If we beat Michigan it would be hard for me to fear any other team in the nation...I mean anything can happen in a football game but If we beat the #2 team in the countrty..why fear whoever was 3 or 4 the prior to that?

Majpain
10-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Is OSU better than last years team???

HysterikiLL
10-24-2006, 04:47 AM

IMO, the talent pool has panned out this season in college football in general. There's no one ultimate dominant team in my mind. Not like last season, or in seasons past.

I really feel that this years OSU would lose to last seasons Texas, USC, and even probably to last seasons OSU.

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 05:22 AM

I think your offense is the same offense we saw in the Fiesta Bowl last year and your defense probably isnt as good though that doesnt mean it is bad by any means.

Blade
10-24-2006, 08:16 AM

The offense is better because mostly everyone gain valuable experience playin last year. And the fact that we started the season with one quarterback and didnt have to switch during the season.

The defense is not quite of good as last years but the offense is scoring so many points, the defense just needs to play smart. And since the offense scores early and quickly, the other teams have to pass alot more letting more defensive players drop back into coverage.

The speicial teams are good but havent been tested really all season. On punt returns, the teams try to kick the ball out of bounds and away from Ginn. We havent had to have the kicker make a clutch field to win the game, so we dont know if he is cool under pressure. But the punter is outstanding, the few times we have to punt.

So overall, I would say we are just as good as last year if not a little better. But when it comes down to it all, records will determine the better team and this years team has the advantage. IMO.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 09:52 AM
I dont remember hearing anyone defenitively saying OSU or Michigan will win the National title....you just hear that the winner will be playing in Tempe...and thats very likely if you look at both teams schedule...I will say this..If we beat Michigan it would be hard for me to fear any other team in the nation...I mean anything can happen in a football game but If we beat the #2 team in the countrty..why fear whoever was 3 or 4 the prior to that?

I hear that every single day in my neck of the woods.

DBoston80
10-24-2006, 01:06 PM
I hear that every single day in my neck of the woods.

considering where you are Im sure....

DBoston80
10-24-2006, 01:09 PM
IMO, the talent pool has panned out this season in college football in general. There's no one ultimate dominant team in my mind. Not like last season, or in seasons past.

I really feel that this years OSU would lose to last seasons Texas, USC, and even probably to last seasons OSU.

...I dont think so...If we beat Michigan and then go on to win the national title...that would mean we beat 3 teams that were ranked no.2 before we beat them, I doubt that has EVER been done...

..and this years team beats Texas in the shoe...we still had a very good chance to win that game with backup J.Zwick playing the majority of the game..but hey TE's drop balls sometimes..

Stitches
10-24-2006, 01:17 PM
...I dont think so...If we beat Michigan and then go on to win the national title...that would mean we beat 3 teams that were ranked no.2 before we beat them, I doubt that has EVER been done...

..and this years team beats Texas in the shoe...we still had a very good chance to win that game with backup J.Zwick playing the majority of the game..but hey TE's drop balls sometimes..

I wouldn't exactly be calling Zwick a backup, as an attempt to slight him. He was a top recruit when he signed at OSU, and if given more opportunity could've shown he's a hell of a player.

DBoston80
10-24-2006, 01:29 PM
I wouldn't exactly be calling Zwick a backup, as an attempt to slight him. He was a top recruit when he signed at OSU, and if given more opportunity could've shown he's a hell of a player.

Who knows how he might have turned out.....All I know for sure is that he is no Troy Smith...but your right he still throws the GW TD pass if Hanby hangs on to the football.

primetime23
10-24-2006, 02:22 PM
T.Smith will take the HM easily. I dont even see anyone near him. He's my #1 qb coming out of college this year too.

primetime23
10-24-2006, 02:24 PM

easily

Stitches
10-24-2006, 02:31 PM
T.Smith will take the HM easily. I dont even see anyone near him. He's my #1 qb coming out of college this year too.

I'm glad you aren't GM for any of the teams I like.

DeathStar
10-24-2006, 02:51 PM
brady quinn or brian brohm will be top 2 QBs taken.

Whitner20
10-24-2006, 03:03 PM

Troy is more accurate than Brady nad has a bigger deep arm....How often does Quinn air it out? his longest passes are the catches after the run.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Troy is more accurate than Brady nad has a bigger deep arm....How often does Quinn air it out? his longest passes are the catches after the run.

There is no way Quinn can air it out farther than Troy. I give the accuracy to Quinn but not Arm strength.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:42 PM
brady quinn or brian brohm will be top 2 QBs taken.

Yes, that should be the case if Brohm declares.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes, that should be the case if Brohm declares.

Is brohm a Junior?

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:49 PM

Ok, I don't want to get into an argument about this, but a ton of Smiths long passes come from runs after the catch too. I see Ginn and Gonzo turn 10 yard completions into 30 yarders all the time.

As to how often Quinn airs it out, he probably doesn't throw it deep as often as Troy Smith. But his recievers aren't the track stars that OSU's are either. Not to mention that OSU and Notre Dame run much different offenses.

Troy Smith may be able to throw the ball far, but so could Kordell Stewart. Brady Quinn has enough arm strength to make all the neccessarry throws, as well as the touch and precision.

If you really think Brady is less accurate than Troy, you need to take off the scarlett glasses and step back for just a moment. Brohm is probably the only QB who is more consistently accurate with his passes than Quinn. I don't even like Quinn, and I admit that.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:50 PM
Is brohm a Junior?

Yes, just like Michael Bush is. That's why it was such a huge blow when he got hurt, because no one knew at the beginning of the year if they'd(Louisville) have them together for more than this season.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Man Bush looks like a beast.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Man Bush looks like a beast.

Too bad he broke his leg. :boohoo:

At least he didn't tear anything though.

Majpain
10-24-2006, 04:11 PM
Too bad he broke his leg. :boohoo:

At least he didn't tear anything though.

I know. I hope that doesnt effect him in the future. I hate seeing a player going down like that.

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM

Quinn aired it out more last year but it isnt like he is throwing 10 yard outs that the WR are taking to the house everytime, he gets plenty on the deep ball. Jeff and Rhema arent Ginn, they have some speed but they arent running by everyone so the QB just has to throw it up and not worry about coverage.

I dont understand how an OSU fan of all people can try to say the WR's are doing all the work to make Quinn look good. It's the second person who has said or implied that.

Stitches
10-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Quinn aired it out more last year but it isnt like he is throwing 10 yard outs that the WR are taking to the house everytime, he gets plenty on the deep ball. Jeff and Rhema arent Ginn, they have some speed but they arent running by everyone so the QB just has to throw it up and not worry about coverage.

I dont understand how an OSU fan of all people can try to say the WR's are doing all the work to make Quinn look good. It's the second person who has said or implied that.

Don, I was defending Quinn for you. It had to be done, even if I don't like him.

DonShula84
10-24-2006, 07:59 PM
Don, I was defending Quinn for you. It had to be done, even if I don't like him.

:lol: I appreciate it and you're a better person because of it :D

Brad528
10-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Mike Hart Michigan after leading Michigan to a National Title

LtDan
10-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok, I don't want to get into an argument about this, but a ton of Smiths long passes come from runs after the catch too. I see Ginn and Gonzo turn 10 yard completions into 30 yarders all the time.

As to how often Quinn airs it out, he probably doesn't throw it deep as often as Troy Smith. But his recievers aren't the track stars that OSU's are either. Not to mention that OSU and Notre Dame run much different offenses.

Troy Smith may be able to throw the ball far, but so could Kordell Stewart. Brady Quinn has enough arm strength to make all the neccessarry throws, as well as the touch and precision.

If you really think Brady is less accurate than Troy, you need to take off the scarlett glasses and step back for just a moment. Brohm is probably the only QB who is more consistently accurate with his passes than Quinn. I don't even like Quinn, and I admit that.Smith 67.9% completion percentage and Quinn 63% no scarlet glasses needed?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=2&year=2006&group=80

Majpain
10-24-2006, 08:47 PM
Mike Hart Michigan after leading Michigan to a National Title

:lol:

LtDan
10-24-2006, 08:59 PM
it was more than that...it takes alot of guts to maek those throws...he had good awarness and managed the clock well...everyone has thier bad game liek troy smith against penn st...more INTs than TDs yet he still stayed the frontrunner...weird..you fail to mention that the 2 ints. in the Penn State game are his ONLY 2 through 8 games versus 21 TD's

Stitches
10-24-2006, 10:46 PM
Smith 67.9% completion percentage and Quinn 63% no scarlet glasses needed?
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=2&year=2006&group=80

Stats don't tell the whole story. You have to figure in the recievers ability to seperate and hold on to the ball, the offensive system they are running, time in the pocket, play calling everything.

So, Garret Wolfe is a better running back than Adrian Peterson, simply because he has a better average?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-25-2006, 09:48 AM
pat white has a better completion percentage than both of them.

it doesn't mean much.

LtDan
10-25-2006, 11:19 AM
Stats don't tell the whole story. You have to figure in the recievers ability to seperate and hold on to the ball, the offensive system they are running, time in the pocket, play calling everything.

So, Garret Wolfe is a better running back than Adrian Peterson, simply because he has a better average?Didn't say it meant all that much. Just a little support for Smith's accuracy whereas the guy who said Quinn is more accurate has no support??

Stitches
10-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Didn't say it meant all that much. Just a little support for Smith's accuracy whereas the guy who said Quinn is more accurate has no support??

Ok, I'm sorry for reading too much into your post. However, to suggest Smith is a more accurate passer simply because of a higher completion rate is a fallacy.

DBoston80
10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Ok, I'm sorry for reading too much into your post. However, to suggest Smith is a more accurate passer simply because of a higher completion rate is a fallacy.

...we have nothing to prove every category Troy is better in..even when they played eachother Troy played better and won....bottom line who really knows who's better?? But there is no evidence other than opinion that suggests Brady is better than Troy..none whatsoever.

Stitches
10-25-2006, 02:44 PM
...we have nothing to prove every category Troy is better in..even when they played eachother Troy played better and won....bottom line who really knows who's better?? But there is no evidence other than opinion that suggests Brady is better than Troy..none whatsoever.

They never played each other. The teams that each of them quarterback for played each other. And the 2005 ND defense was nothing compared to the 2005 OSU defense. How many players from that OSU defense got drafted, or are on someones roster? 9 I think. What about ND's? Maybe 3?

And the evidence that Quinn is a better prospect than Smith is on the film, not the statsheet.

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 05:12 PM

Brady Quinn has more passing yards, it's a category :) Smith also has 3 more TD's and has played 1 more game then Quinn. So you saying he is better in every category not only isnt true, but it's misleading because he's had more games to do it in.

When I was looking at the stats I saw something interesting. Quinn spreads the ball to his WR a lot better than Smith. OSU only has 2 players with over 30 receptions, ND has 4. Smith relies on two very good WR and hardly ever has to check down or throw to a TE.

LtDan
10-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Brady Quinn has more passing yards, it's a category :) Smith also has 3 more TD's and has played 1 more game then Quinn. So you saying he is better in every category not only isnt true, but it's misleading because he's had more games to do it in.

When I was looking at the stats I saw something interesting. Quinn spreads the ball to his WR a lot better than Smith. OSU only has 2 players with over 30 receptions, ND has 4. Smith relies on two very good WR and hardly ever has to check down or throw to a TE.But Don, Brady also has more attempts and completions so this is yet another jaded argument. Troy has completed passes to 13 different receivers compared to 9 for Quinn. We just need to agree they are both great college QB's and time will tell on who will be the best pro

FLOUNDER
10-25-2006, 06:19 PM
pat white has a better completion percentage than both of them.

it doesn't mean much

I read somewhere that it was 70% or so

Slappy8800
10-25-2006, 06:20 PM
if its not troy smith i call shenanigans

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 06:25 PM
But Don, Brady also has more attempts and completions so this is yet another jaded argument. Troy has completed passes to 13 different receivers compared to 9 for Quinn. We just need to agree they are both great college QB's and time will tell on who will be the best pro

I definitely think both are very good QBs, I've said that since the Fiesta Bowl. But Quinn doesnt get the respect he deserves on this site so I'm forced to argue on his behalf :D

Roman529
10-25-2006, 06:28 PM
I think Troy Smith has it.

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 06:42 PM
if its not troy smith i call shenanigans

Lets say Smith goes out against Michigan throw 4 picks and his team gets destroyed. Quinn then goes a week later and dominates USC. 350+ yards 3 TDs maybe a game winning drive. You still think Smith losing would be shenanigans? Although Lee Corso wants to hand Smith the trophey now, I think we should maybe finish the season.

Majpain
10-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Dont say things like that Don! You might jinx our perfect season! :lol: Has a college team ever won the national title after being first in the Ap poll at teh begining of the year?

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 07:24 PM
Dont say things like that Don! You might jinx our perfect season! :lol: Has a college team ever won the national title after being first in the Ap poll at teh begining of the year?

I'm sure USC or Miami have done it but I'm not completely sure. Hope I didnt jinx anything for you, seeing Michigan win would make me cry.

Majpain
10-25-2006, 07:46 PM
Id cry to because there goes the national title! :cry:

Blade
10-25-2006, 07:46 PM

Didnt USC just do it last year?

Blade
10-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Id cry to because there goes the national title! :cry:

No need to cry, it wont happen. OSU is to good right now to be upsetted by Michigan.

Majpain
10-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Don you know ND is looking at 5 out of the 10 top HS football players? ND is going to have a great offense if they get those players. How come OSU doesnt go after top prospects :(

Alex44
10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
No need to cry, it wont happen. OSU is to good right now to be upsetted by Michigan.

Your joking right?

Michigan is 5x the team Texas was, and if they didnt fumble and throw away the game it would have been way closer

Im not saying you wont beat them, but dont overlook them like that.

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Don you know ND is looking at 5 out of the 10 top HS football players? ND is going to have a great offense if they get those players. How come OSU doesnt go after top prospects :(

Weis is bringing some good recruits in so far. I'm a little worried about the offense and defensive line and one of the top WR who a lot thought was a lock for ND now appears to be looking at FSU and Illinios for some dumb reason. And OSU will gets its share of top prospects, it's still early in recruiting a lot can still happen good and bad for both teams.

LtDan
10-25-2006, 08:41 PM
Didnt USC just do it last year?they would have....had they actually won the national championship last year

LtDan
10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Don you know ND is looking at 5 out of the 10 top HS football players? ND is going to have a great offense if they get those players. How come OSU doesnt go after top prospects :(Chris Wells was a top prospect. There are still a lot out there still to commit. If the Buckeyes win it all, their recruiting will get a big boost

Majpain
10-25-2006, 09:42 PM
^ I hope your right. Id hate to see ND end up with the top WR,RB and QB in the country :wink:

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 09:47 PM
^ I hope your right. Id hate to see ND end up with the top WR,RB and QB in the country :wink:

If it makes you feel better the 2nd best OT just turned down ND to go to Colorado. :tantrum:

Majpain
10-25-2006, 10:01 PM
COLORADO?! Are you for real? Man what a joke.

DBoston80
10-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Your joking right?

Michigan is 5x the team Texas was, and if they didnt fumble and throw away the game it would have been way closer

Your overrating Michigan alex........Nt saying they cant beat us..but theyre not that much better than Texas.

Blade
10-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Your joking right?

I never joke and no way is Michigan 5 times better then Texas. It may have been closer but OSU still would have won. Without Mario Manningham, Michigan stinks. He will be back for the game but i doubt he will be 100%.

DonShula84
10-25-2006, 11:00 PM
I never joke and no way is Michigan 5 times better then Texas. It may have been closer but OSU still would have won. Without Mario Manningham, Michigan stinks. He will be back for the game but i doubt he will be 100%.

That's kind of sad....unless it was a joke!

Stitches
10-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Of all the things you post, this is the first thing I recall having a problem with. He is a large part of thier offense(a playmaker), so of course it would hurt them, but to say they stink is ignorant. I would venture to say that without Ginn for a few games OSU offense would suffer, but I would never say they stink.

HysterikiLL
10-26-2006, 01:19 AM
On the topic of recruiting....anyone just feel like ripping Jimmy Clausen's head off?

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I mean, WTF?

DonShula84
10-26-2006, 01:20 AM
On the topic of recruiting....anyone just feel like ripping Jimmy Clausen's head off?

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/images/JIMMYCLAUSEN.JPG

I mean, WTF?

Not at all, that's the future! :D

Majpain
10-26-2006, 08:37 AM

http://www.trojanwire.com/football/images/JIMMYCLAUSEN.JPG

I mean, WTF?

He is no Tebow :sidelol:

Blade
10-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Of all the things you post, this is the first thing I recall having a problem with. He is a large part of thier offense(a playmaker), so of course it would hurt them, but to say they stink is ignorant. I would venture to say that without Ginn for a few games OSU offense would suffer, but I would never say they stink.

Ok, ok. By stinks, i meant they weren't as potent and explosive like they were in the beginning of the season with Mario in the line up. I don't mean they suck by no means. I am just saying that the last few games they played they weren't explosive with the long ball like they were when Mario scored 3 deep passed against ND, I believe (could be wrong on who they played). But with Mario in, they averaged 33.5 points and with him out they are only averaging 18.5 points.

Stitches
10-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Ok, ok. By stinks, i meant they weren't as potent and explosive like they were in the beginning of the season with Mario in the line up. I don't mean they suck by no means. I am just saying that the last few games they played they weren't explosive with the long ball like they were when Mario scored 3 deep passed against ND, I believe (could be wrong on who they played). But with Mario in, they averaged 33.5 points and with him out they are only averaging 18.5 points.

To be fair one of those games was against Penn State. :wink:

DBoston80
10-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Wow..what a day from Brady Quinn....against a horid defense in Navy...the smug Charlie Weiss is still throwing every down late in the 4th quarter up 17...what a classless fat body.......

If Jim Tressell was that much of a jerk troy Smith might throw for 3,000 yds and 40 Td's.....

Disgusting display by Notre Dame...not that it makes ANY difference in the heisman race..As long as Troy beats MIchigan(again) its his hands down.

..just makes me root against ND even more watching that BS....too bad they have no chance at making the Nat'l title game this year...we'd beat them by 20.

Perfect23
10-28-2006, 03:11 PM
I think Ted Ginn is really overated but Rice does deserve some recognition

DonShula84
10-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Wow..what a day from Brady Quinn....against a horid defense in Navy...the smug Charlie Weiss is still throwing every down late in the 4th quarter up 17...what a classless fat body.......

If Jim Tressell was that much of a jerk troy Smith might throw for 3,000 yds and 40 Td's.....

Disgusting display by Notre Dame...not that it makes ANY difference in the heisman race..As long as Troy beats MIchigan(again) its his hands down.

..just makes me root against ND even more watching that BS....too bad they have no chance at making the Nat'l title game this year...we'd beat them by 20.

At the goal line we ran it 3 straight times, what are you talking about? We werent running that score up at all.

DBoston80
10-28-2006, 03:47 PM
At the goal line we ran it 3 straight times, what are you talking about? We werent running that score up at all.

U threw about 5 straight plays when they punted to midfield....most coaches without an agenda just start to run the ball....Charlie Weiss is a sore loser and a sore winner...Im gonna enjoy watching him lose a couple more times this year.

DBoston80
10-28-2006, 03:53 PM
Anyone who watched that first OSU drive knows that Tressell and the boys are a win first team...looking good and winning awards are secondary...he lines it up and pounds Minnesota the first drive..could he have scored passing?? Ofcourse but he's installing smashmouth football.

Majpain
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
Weis is sure trying to get Brady that Heisman.

DonShula84
10-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Weis is sure trying to get Brady that Heisman.

Why do you guys act like we ran the score up? We scored twice in the 2nd half. We threw the ball 25 times, less than Quinn usually throws so Weis isnt just slinging the ball 50 times to pad Quinns stats so stop crying when Brady has a solid game.

Running the score up is winning by 32 and doing WR passes to try and embarrass your opponent. Or go to the Bowling Green game where OSU is up 28-7 in the 4th and Smith is still throwing bombs to Ginn. Ask MSU or UCLA what happens when your offense stops playing with time left on the clock, Weis wasnt running the score up, he was making sure it remained a 3 possession game.

The funny thing is if Quinn doesnt throw the 4th quarter TD and we just run the ball and punt and Navy scores a late TD to make it a 10 point game, you OSU fans would be the first ones on here saying how overrated ND is for only winning by 10.

finswin56
10-29-2006, 08:14 AM
Why do you guys act like we ran the score up? We scored twice in the 2nd half. We threw the ball 25 times, less than Quinn usually throws so Weis isnt just slinging the ball 50 times to pad Quinns stats so stop crying when Brady has a solid game.

Running the score up is winning by 32 and doing WR passes to try and embarrass your opponent. Or go to the Bowling Green game where OSU is up 28-7 in the 4th and Smith is still throwing bombs to Ginn. Ask MSU or UCLA what happens when your offense stops playing with time left on the clock, Weis wasnt running the score up, he was making sure it remained a 3 possession game.

The funny thing is if Quinn doesnt throw the 4th quarter TD and we just run the ball and punt and Navy scores a late TD to make it a 10 point game, you OSU fans would be the first ones on here saying how overrated ND is for only winning by 10.:yeahthat:

Majpain
10-29-2006, 12:24 PM
you OSU fans would be the first ones on here saying how overrated ND is for only winning by 10.

Thats next week :wink::lol:

Stitches
10-30-2006, 09:42 AM
So I know some Ohio State fans were complaining about Quinn's day since ND was "rubbing it in." But Smith didn't have that great of a day statistically, and did anyone notice that Minn. got almost no pressure on him whatsoever?

Majpain
10-30-2006, 09:54 AM
So I know some Ohio State fans were complaining about Quinn's day since ND was "rubbing it in." But Smith didn't have that great of a day statistically, and did anyone notice that Minn. got almost no pressure on him whatsoever?

Are you kidding Minnesota's front 4 preassured Smith all day. Smith had to scramble out of the pockect on all the plays. His fumble was because Tressel put in the second string O-line in.

OSUDauby
10-30-2006, 12:32 PM

And you probably didn't notice the 40-50 mph wind gust that just might hamper a QB's throwing ability.

Troy Smith is the best player in college football.

Motion
10-30-2006, 12:49 PM

Calvin Johnson might have something to say about that.

OSUDauby
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Calvin Johnson might have something to say about that.
And what would he say?!?!
Let me guess...it would go something like this...
"I'm SO good that I couldn't get out of double team coverage against an average Clemson team and caught ZERO passes."

Yeah, he'd have TONS to say. Like, "Thank You" for even being invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

Troy Smith stands WAY above C.J....

Motion
10-30-2006, 02:35 PM
"I'm SO good that I couldn't get out of double team coverage against an average Clemson team and caught ZERO passes."

Yeah, he'd have TONS to say. Like, "Thank You" for even being invited to NYC for the Heisman ceremony.

:lol: Spoken like a typical OSU fan.

Whitner20
10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
There is nobody even close to Troy Smith concerning the heisman...nobody.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 04:29 PM
what

Whitner20
10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
what

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/gamelog?playerId=161197

The best player in college football doesn't get held without a catch while his team gets thier ***** kicked.

Stitches
10-30-2006, 04:59 PM
Are you kidding Minnesota's front 4 preassured Smith all day. Smith had to scramble out of the pockect on all the plays. His fumble was because Tressel put in the second string O-line in.

I don't believe Minn. pressured him all day. Surely I exaggerated, I admit that. But I saw many a play, where Troy had absolutely all day(looked through 5 progressions at least). I didn't even bring up the fumble, because I thought it was insignificant. That's right, even with OSU's 2nd string o-line, they still contained Minn. defense handily.

Stitches
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM

The best player in college football doesn't get held without a catch while his team gets thier ***** kicked.

He obviously does. I watched the game, he routinely got open, even in double coverage. You can't catch a ball though, if it doesn't come your way.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM

apparently he does, as that link indicates.

Stitches
10-30-2006, 05:01 PM
And you probably didn't notice the 40-50 mph wind gust that just might hamper a QB's throwing ability.

If you throw a tight spiral and have even decent arm strength wind shouldn't affect you too much if your throws are under 30 yards(airborne).

OSUDauby
10-30-2006, 05:25 PM
:lol: Spoken like a typical OSU fan.

The truth. Exactly.

Stitches
10-30-2006, 05:28 PM

Actually one of the knocks on Troy Smith is his height. He's around like 6 ft even. Calvin johnson is 6'5". So I think you had it backwards that CJ stands WAY above Troy Smith.

Motion
10-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Actually one of the knocks on Troy Smith is his height. He's around like 6 ft even. Calvin johnson is 6'5". So I think you had it backwards that CJ stands WAY above Troy Smith.

:chuckle:

Motion
10-30-2006, 05:33 PM
The truth. Exactly.
Unbiased of course!

OSUDauby
10-31-2006, 09:18 AM

And that is the ONLY stat that C.J. has above Troy Smith. And it looks like he REALLY benefited from it during the Clemson game.

And just to add, only 2 WR have ever won the Heisman. Tim Brown/Desmond Howard. Do you think C.J. has done anything to compare to these two college football legends?!? Not at all.

Desmond Howard is the best college football player that I personally have ever seen. The only person that I can think of that had his talent on the college level was Reggie Bush.

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 11:22 AM
And that is the ONLY stat that C.J. has above Troy Smith. And it looks like he REALLY benefited from it during the Clemson game.

And just to add, only 2 WR have ever won the Heisman. Tim Brown/Desmond Howard. Do you think C.J. has done anything to compare to these two college football legends?!? Not at all.

Desmond Howard is the best college football player that I personally have ever seen. The only person that I can think of that had his talent on the college level was Reggie Bush.

Exactly.... CJ is an amazing player, and is gonna be a beast on Sundays.....

But he's not the best college football player... the best college football player is the reason his team wins games.......

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 11:32 AM
But he's not the best college football player... the best college football player is the reason his team wins games.......
no?

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 11:34 AM

Didn't you say something about OSU's O-Line? Which is it, the O-Line is great or is Troy Smith great? Cus I believe the O-Line is the reason tOSU wins games

Stitches
10-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Didn't you say something about OSU's O-Line? Which is it, the O-Line is great or is Troy Smith great? Cus I believe the O-Line is the reason tOSU wins games

Don't bring that up. A QB on the #1 ranked team in the country having success because of the talent around him? No, that never happens.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 12:32 PM

Both WRs you mentioned were returners for special teams as well. WRs don't win the heisman because they play a dependent position. Sometimes when dominant recievers stats are bad, it can be attributed to QB play. Just like a lot of times when recievers stats are really good, the QB garners a large share of the credit, which can hurt his voting. Recently a WR should have won the heisman, and instead it went to the QB of the number #1 ranked team in the country. The heisman went to Jason White, rather than going to Larry Fitzgerald who was easily the best college football player in the country.

And Troy Smith would most likely stuggle against Clemson behind Georgia Tech's line, almost as much as Reggie Ball did.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 12:36 PM

I can find 50 kickers then who should be in the top 100 college football players.

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 02:02 PM

Troy Smith is great. The Line is also great... perfect team, remember.

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 02:03 PM
I can find 50 kickers then who should be in the top 100 college football players.

Don't be an idiot....

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 02:04 PM
Listen, Mods.... you might as well close this thread. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman...its gonna happen....

No amount of arguing about Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn, or Slaton is gonna change that.

Ohio State is winning the national championship. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman. Best damn team, coach, band, and fans in the land.... nothing else needs to be said.

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 02:06 PM
at this point, ohio state losing any game would make me happier than UF winning a national championship.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 02:18 PM
at this point, ohio state losing any game would make me happier than UF winning a national championship.
Go Michigan!

Motion
10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Listen, Mods.... you might as well close this thread. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman...its gonna happen....

No amount of arguing about Calvin Johnson or Brady Quinn, or Slaton is gonna change that.

Ohio State is winning the national championship. Troy Smith is winning the Heisman. Best damn team, coach, band, and fans in the land.... nothing else needs to be said.

:pray:

Stitches
10-31-2006, 02:49 PM
Don't be an idiot....

I was just going off of your post. You said "the best college football player is the reason his team wins games......." Well I bet there are a ton of kickers in the top scorers in college football. And it is points that ultimately decide the WINNER of the game. So if someone scores the most points, they automatically must be the best player in college football, since by default they would be the reason thier team is winning. After all you seem to think, that just because Calvin Johnson doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play, that he doesn't help his team win games like Troy Smith does.

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 02:56 PM
I was just going off of your post. You said "the best college football player is the reason his team wins games......." Well I bet there are a ton of kickers in the top scorers in college football. And it is points that ultimately decide the WINNER of the game. So if someone scores the most points, they automatically must be the best player in college football, since by default they would be the reason thier team is winning. After all you seem to think, that just because Calvin Johnson doesn't touch the ball on every offensive play, that he doesn't help his team win games like Troy Smith does.

No you weren't going off my post.... I never said "who is the top scorer" ... in your quest to be funny you lied..... you should quit the smartass routine, it won't get you far.

But like I said earlier.... it doesn't matter what you guys think, Troys already got his Tux, he's already cleared a spot for the trophy..... its his heisman.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Thats next week :wink::lol:

..or the week before:wink:

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
How has this thread lasted so long??? The heisman winner gets a little more obviuos to most every week...Like it or not T.Smith will win the heisman...

..Now that does not mean he is the BEST player in college football....The most game changing player in the country is C.Johnson....but he is a WR and alot of factors go into getting your numbers...

..but the Heisman is based on the best player on the best team....and we all know who that is.

My heisman list as of now.

1 T.Smith
2.B.Quinn
3.S.Slaton
4.C. Johnson

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
But like I said earlier.... it doesn't matter what you guys think, Troys already got his Tux, he's already cleared a spot for the trophy..... its his heisman.
then why are you still posting? what?? go away! SHUT UP!

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:21 PM

ahhhhhhh Dont be like that..gotta have thick skin....IF this thread aggrevates you that much just dont read it...

I would like to have Florida SOMEHOW make the Nat'l title game..a 28 point victory would be sweet.

Motion
10-31-2006, 03:32 PM
ahhhhhhh Dont be like that..gotta have thick skin....IF this thread aggrevates you that much just dont read it...

I would like to have Florida SOMEHOW make the Nat'l title game..a 28 point victory would be sweet.

:rolleyes2 Right cause thats SO far fetched at this point being ranked #4 and all.

28 point victory :sidelol:

The entertainment value of this thread is priceless.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 03:34 PM

Yes cause tOSU has faced a better defense than the Gators

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 03:45 PM
i'd have to avoid every single thread on this site, you buckeye fans are like a virus.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
Yes cause tOSU has faced a better defense than the Gators

We'll face a defense better in 3 weeks..and a team that would beat u by ten...Id like to see your loverboy Tebo try running against Michigan:lol:

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 03:46 PM
More reason to say Go Blue!

Motion
10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
We'll face a defense better in 3 weeks..and a team that would beat u by ten...Id like to see your loverboy Tebo try running against Michigan:lol:
As if there was any credibility anyway, you do realize Florida has played against some of the top defenses in the nation. LSU's defense is better than Michigan and Tebow had no problems running against them. For someone that "Watches more football than most" you sure don't have your facts straight.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
So how do you get your info...all of your posts have no substance...crazy predictions...mindless humor...it's all poppycock

If I remember correctly, UF is ranked higher on D than tOSU and Meeeeechigan

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:50 PM
i'd have to avoid every single thread on this site, you buckeye fans are like a virus.

Hey Florida is finally in the national title hunt at the end of October..I know your happy.I understand.....but you gotta understand your gonna have trouble making a BCS bowl game at this point...

Honestly I cant see you beating ANY of the top 5 teams...sorry itsjust my opinion....Chris Leak under pressure spells bad news for Florida.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
So how do you get your info...all of your posts have no substance...crazy predictions...mindless humor...it's all poppycock

If I remember correctly, UF is ranked higher on D than tOSU and Meeeeechigan

Really??? Hmmmm how many PPG does OSU give up??? Oh...ok:D

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 03:54 PM
As if there was any credibility anyway, you do realize Florida has played against some of the top defenses in the nation. LSU and Auburn are both better than Michigan and Tebow had no problems running against them. For someone that "Watches more football than most" you sure don't have your facts straight.
:yeahthat:

Motion
Hey Florida is finally in the national title hunt at the end of October..I know your happy.I understand.....but you gotta understand your gonna have trouble making a BCS bowl game at this point...

Honestly I cant see you beating ANY of the top 5 teams...sorry itsjust my opinion....Chris Leak under pressure spells bad news for Florida.

Your making a fool out of yourself bro. Try and keep up. Florida is ranked #4 in the BCS right now. They control their own destiny in the SEC and have the best chance of all the 1 loss teams to play for the NC. Seriously, think before you post.

Cuban Dave 9
Look at the Efficiency...that's the real stat

Motion
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM

So PPG are the only measuring stick for defenses now. ok:rolleyes2

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:56 PM
As if there was any credibility anyway, you do realize Florida has played against some of the top defenses in the nation. LSU's defense is better than Michigan and Tebow had no problems running against them. For someone that "Watches more football than most" you sure don't have your facts straight.

uhhhhhhhhh another one....Do you not realize how good michigans front 7 are? Dumb question obviously you dont...LSU's defense is the best overall in the country..I agree but there pass defense is what seperates them...Michigans run defense is second to none....quit reading newspapers to get your opinions.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:56 PM

No, but what matters more....PPG or avg yards allowed???

Motion
10-31-2006, 03:58 PM
uhhhhhhhhh another one....Do you not realize how good michigans front 7 are? Dumb question obviously you dont...LSU's defense is the best overall in the country..I agree but there pass defense is what seperates them...Michigans run defense is second to none....quit reading newspapers to get your opinions.
I've seen Michigan play many times thanks. I'm not the stat whore around here. I'm not taking anything away from Michigan by what I said.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 03:59 PM
Look at the Efficiency...that's the real stat

Your defense would get lite up for 30 or more points...thats not being a "homer"...Florida should have 2 losses but you got some "help" at home vs LSU...

I shouldnt even be discussing this with you...your team would pose NO threat to the Bucks...you wont even win the SEC title game.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
How many times has this thread gone off topic?

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 04:00 PM
Your defense would get lite up for 30 or more points...thats not being a "homer"...Florida should have 2 losses but you got some "help" at home vs LSU...

I shouldnt even be discussing this with you...your team would pose NO threat to the Bucks...you wont even win the SEC title game.
:sidelol:

Motion
10-31-2006, 04:02 PM

Clueless, completely clueless. You really shouldn't comment on a team you clearly haven't seen play at all. Florida's defense has been lights out all year and only given up 14 points tops in a game. Don't gimme that BS about "help", we dominated that game, especially in the second half.

Cuban Dave 9
10-31-2006, 04:05 PM
Clueless, completely clueless. You really shouldn't comment on a team you clearly haven't seen play at all. Florida's defense has been lights out all year and only given up 14 points tops in a game. Don't gimme that BS about "help", we dominated that game, especially in the second half.
Don't worry...Michigan will make Ohio State fans humble...I don't know what's worse, crazed UM fans or any Ohio State fan

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM

U guys should find some Arkansas or Auburn fans to argue with...your teams not even in the same league as OSU.....

If I were an oddsmaker Id open the line at 10.....

Your defense has not faced an offense even near the talent of OSU and your offense couldnt score the 30 points it would take for you to win.....

-also Ive watched all but 3 Florida games....like Auburn:D ...you guys have not faced one good offense this year and the only decent one you lost to.....

....Your teams got oher things to worry about than a nationa title appearence...you could very well lose the SEC title game.......

..and if you played LSU again on a nuetral site...I think you'd be in trouble.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 04:10 PM
Don't worry...Michigan will make Ohio State fans humble...I don't know what's worse, crazed UM fans or any Ohio State fan

If its not a rainstorm or 70mph winds...its over.

Motion
10-31-2006, 04:30 PM
U guys should find some Arkansas or Auburn fans to argue with...your teams not even in the same league as OSU.....

If I were an oddsmaker Id open the line at 10.....

Your defense has not faced an offense even near the talent of OSU and your offense couldnt score the 30 points it would take for you to win.....

-also Ive watched all but 3 Florida games....like Auburn:D ...you guys have not faced one good offense this year and the only decent one you lost to.....

....Your teams got oher things to worry about than a nationa title appearence...you could very well lose the SEC title game.......

..and if you played LSU again on a nuetral site...I think you'd be in trouble.
You clearly need to stick to the Big Ten. Because you don't know squat about the SEC. Haven't faced a good offense? Tennessee is one of the hottest offenses in the nation. Only decent offense we lost to? Auburn's offense scored 4 FG's against us! But you watched that so you already knew that. :rolleyes2 I don't care what you'd open the line at if your were an oddsmaker, your not. Your a homer, as are most of the OSU fans here. Thats my issue, give credit where its due. No one is saying that OSU doesn't deserve the #1 spot. Check the arrogance at the door. NO team is perfect.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
You clearly need to stick to the Big Ten. Because you don't know squat about the SEC. Haven't faced a good offense? Tennessee is one of the hottest offenses in the nation. Only decent offense we lost to? Auburn's offense scored 4 FG's against us! But you watched that so you already knew that. :rolleyes2 I don't care what you'd open the line at if your were an oddsmaker, your not. Your a homer, as are most of the OSU fans here. Thats my issue, give credit where its due. No one is saying that OSU doesn't deserve the #1 spot. Check the arrogance at the door. NO team is perfect.

Find ONE sentence where I said OSU is perfect?

Motion
10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Find ONE sentence where I said OSU is perfect?

I didn't say you did, that'd be your sidekick's favorite line.

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 04:42 PM

ok well that has nothing to do with me....as a whole the SEC is better than the Big Ten....but They dont have an offense as good as Ohio State's Michigans or maybe even Wisconsin.

Motion
10-31-2006, 04:47 PM
ok well that has nothing to do with me....as a whole the SEC is better than the Big Ten....but They dont have an offense as good as Ohio State's Michigans or maybe even Wisconsin.

Apparently they do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=OFFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=descending

OSUDauby
10-31-2006, 04:48 PM

You my friend are smoking something. LSU's defense is no where near the defense of Michigan.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
How has this thread lasted so long??? The heisman winner gets a little more obviuos to most every week...Like it or not T.Smith will win the heisman...

..Now that does not mean he is the BEST player in college football....The most game changing player in the country is C.Johnson....but he is a WR and alot of factors go into getting your numbers...

..but the Heisman is based on the best player on the best team....and we all know who that is.

My heisman list as of now.

1 T.Smith
2.B.Quinn
3.S.Slaton
4.C. Johnson

Yes, I will agree with everything you've said, including your heisman list.

Stitches
10-31-2006, 04:58 PM

Actually I would put LSU's offense up there with anyone's in the country. And Florida completely shut them down.

And Michigan's front seven is the best in the country IMO, but I do think LSU has a better overall defens than Michigan.

Whitner20
10-31-2006, 05:05 PM

Did they start deciding who wins the games using somethig else?

Motion
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
You my friend are smoking something. LSU's defense is no where near the defense of Michigan.
:rolleyes2 Oh really?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=DEFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=ascending

Do you guys watch football other than your Buckeyes?

Pennington's Rocket Arm
10-31-2006, 08:17 PM
breaking news: LSU has the most talented defense in the country. they aren't even playing at their full potential and they're great.

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:29 PM

Not me right? :confused:

Stitches
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
breaking news: LSU has the most talented defense in the country. they aren't even playing at their full potential and they're great.

I didn't know that was breaking news. I'm up in Ohio, and new that already.

DonShula84
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM

I dont think he was talking about you :)

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:39 PM
I dont think he was talking about you :)

I know I'm a homer but OSU isnt perfect.... I mean their close :wink::lol:

Stitches
10-31-2006, 08:40 PM
I know I'm a homer but OSU isnt perfect.... I mean their close :wink::lol:

I had no clue you were an Oklahoma State homer...or is that Oregon State? :tongue:

Majpain
10-31-2006, 08:47 PM
I had no clue you were an Oklahoma State homer...or is that Oregon State? :tongue:

:lol: Nice one :hi5:

Motion
10-31-2006, 09:05 PM

No, you've become one of the more logical OSU fans lately. :tongue:

Majpain
10-31-2006, 09:12 PM
No, you've become one of the more logical OSU fans lately. :tongue:

Aww thanks beby :lol::wink:

Stitches
10-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Aww thanks beby :lol::wink:

Only since they beat it out of you, and you admitted it on that thread. lol. Actually I think you becoming more logical was about the time you noticed Brit. Coincedence maybe?

Motion
10-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Only since they beat it out of you, and you admitted it on that thread. lol. Actually I think you becoming more logical was about the time you noticed Brit. Coincedence maybe?

:chuckle:

Majpain
10-31-2006, 09:30 PM

Yes its all a coincedence :wink:

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 11:47 PM
Actually I would put LSU's offense up there with anyone's in the country. And Florida completely shut them down.

And Michigan's front seven is the best in the country IMO, but I do think LSU has a better overall defens than Michigan.

I like LSU..I have for a long time...but that offense runs it up on bad teams and struggles vs good defenses..Ohio State just scores on anybody...

LSU's defense as a whole IMO is the best in the country...they had some things NOT go there way in the 2 losses..Nobody has outplayed that team all year..they have shot themselves in the foot. At the beggining of the year I remember thinking that team would have a legitimate chance to beat us.

Talent wise LSU is the best in the country...but there is more to winning games than talent...Ohio State and Florida both have great coaches who know how to get their players prepared for big games...apperantley LSU does not..

Point beingthe SEC has 3-4 top notch defenses in the country..throw out the tainted stats..top o bottom I would take LSU's defense over anyone else in the country...but as far as offenses go.......theres not one in that conference that I feel could score 24 points on Ohio State.

AirFishOne
10-31-2006, 11:50 PM
tOSU heed the warning...

remeber a certain team in 2003 ranked #1 throughout the season?

anything can happen my friends :boohoo:

DBoston80
10-31-2006, 11:53 PM
Apparently they do.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/sortableStatsTeam?div=CFB&stype=OFFENSE&stable=overall&stat=overallPtsGm&dir=descending

wow..stats in college football are laughable.....so I guess your conceding that SMU and Central Michigan have better offenses than Florida??

So funny when people bring up meaningless yardage stats:lol: