PDA

View Full Version : place kicking help

Brewers
10-22-2006, 04:02 PM
I want to try out for the place kicker on my team, next year. I was wondering if you guys could give me some tips, to make me better.

Also, if you have any punting tips....

thanks

phinpunk14
10-22-2006, 09:21 PM
i used to play soccer, and that will help you more than anything. You have to learn to place kick with your laces or you will never be able to be really successful at it.

DeathStar
10-22-2006, 10:38 PM
laces out.

Blade
10-23-2006, 09:15 AM
well just close your eyes and swing really hard. Well that is how i play golf and it has worked ok for me, lol.

Timmy54
10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
try looking up coaching books at amazon or your local library. they should have a section on special teams and how to improve kicking

Roman529
10-23-2006, 04:03 PM
I'd do lots of squats and leg lifts, but you don't want to build up bulky legs.....alot of the best kickers I've known also play a lot of soccer. I would spend a lot of times kicking footballs into a net or going to the park and bring someone who will retrieve your kicks....practice, practice, practice....good luck man....you will be better than Olindo Mare in no time. :lol:

Also, some colleges run camps for kickers just like the Manning Brothers who have a camp for QB's....see if maybe you can go to a kicking camp.